Sailing video games

Games about sailing ships in open ocean.

How many of them exist?

A few.

>Assassin Creed Black Flag
And more, but these ones are good to good-ish.

I want something with absolute freedom to trade and explore the seas, what can you recommend?

Lots. What particular aspect are you hoping to capture?

If you want the experience of actually sailing a ship there's a number of upcoming games that seem to want to offer that if existing ones aren't doing it for you.

Do you want purely combat focused sailing? Exploration? Trading and diplomacy? Do you want to actually be on the ship or have a birds eye view of the action?

Narrow your fucking flavor man.

Personally I enjoy Windward for the arcade style action but honestly my dream sailing game would allow me to live on said boat and use it as a quest hub/base.

Supposedly Skies of Arcadia did something like this but I never played that game and I was too lazy to emulate it.

Using a custom built airship to fly around a fantasy world and raid random places and hopping out like fucking punished snake when shit gets too crazy ala Megaman Legend's intro dungeon. That would be the creme de la creme for me. Gradually upgrading your ship with the loot you nab from the places you raid.

That would tickle parts of my autism that are rarely touched by games today.

Uncharted Waters has its plotlines but you can completely ignore them outside the immediate start and go do whatever, focus on piracy or trade and go anywhere you want.

Format your post better, I almost reported with the rest of the spam.

You mean MMO or this game?

Uncharted Waters II: New Horizons is the one I go too for a good sailing time.

DOS or SNES versions then?

I've never tried DOS, so I'd recommend SNES.

I'll never understand why anyone would want to go along the surface of the water when what is beneath it is the most fascinating environment on earth.

Pirates are cool.

Ships are cool.

History is cool.

i don't know how many times we've had this thread, and every single time i've tried to shill this, yet nobody ever seems to notice it
the pirate: carribean hunt - pretty much like sid meyer's pirates but expands on it's gameplay, minus the ballroom dancing
it's got a simple story, great gameplay, bit of trading going on
also has multiplayer, that i've never managed to try since nobody plays it, despite being both on pc and android. and it plays great on both, don't let the phone part discourage you

Skull and Bones from Jewbisoft might be nice, I mean it's basically the naval sequence from AC Black Flag, I just hope that they don't base their multiplayer on the shit show that is For Honor.

Blacked Sails, one of the best shows on tv.

If no one has mentioned, have a look at Navel Action.

I've been afraid to watch the final season. It was already pozzed in several ways but I fear it's going to go full fucking poz.

as far as i've heard that's exactly what they're doing
the singleplayer (if any) will be a secondary thing

It's half-pozzed but I liked it, it was a great journey.

How often did sailors and pirates buttfuck the sissiest and most femine faggot on the ship after months out in the sea with no woman in sight?

let me tell you a tale, a tale of wooden ships and iron men

Sea Dogs 2 / Pirates of the Caribbean has a real sail mod that lets you sail between the islands in the game in real time. Can take upwards of 5 hours.

Runescape

Do you want a shitty mmo that is completely free and has mediocre ship combat with tedious grinding?

Tempest

I think the one on the butt is stylized and she's overlaying it with the actual location it's suppose to be off as best as she can.

Man O' War: Corsair, yes or no?

wat if it was modern day pirates?
wait
what would futuristic pirates be like?

pretty fun game for a while, adventure sailing goy, must play at least once

more of a top down management game, still loved it dearly for a while

now this is where its at, russian made autismo sailing adventure
you have to spend the first few hours just to be able to get your first boat on the game
seems like the pro choice for a buccaneer simulator, but still couldn't get too far with it

which movie is that? and btw
< Black Sails
anybody?

oh thereā€¦. that was an awesome scene

he is still fucking badass as shit
to tell you the truth I really liked that twist
its a good point to separate between being a fag and being a homo

about time they put a stop to this

The storm sequence in the third season was impressive. I didn't think it was possible to do that on television.

This.

Corsairs might be your cup of tea

Master And Commander: Far Side Of The World. Historically accurate in all regards and an extremely good movie. Must watch.

Ass creed 4 was surprisingly comfy once they take the training wheels off and let you leave with your ship.

Empire Total War with Darthmod has surprisingly entertaining naval battles if you know basic tactics of the period. The trick is to group your ships up once they're in a line and they'll sail properly in formation for you.
Darthmod + Causa Belli and play as the Barbary States.

I recommend the books if you haven't read them. Supremely comfy.

Only if there's a crack, they owe me money.
I drank the whole bottle of kool aid and bought both the game and a season pass. pls no bully, that is that last shekel they get from me ever.

I honestly liked AssCreed black flag for what it was. Would have definitely liked more exploring caves and pirate hideouts, but eh. Shame they seem to focus on "muh comp multiplayer" with the next game. Keeping my expectations low.

Anything that would be somewhat in the same vein as Black Flag? Trading and naval combat from birds eye or something not third person on a ship itself would be fine too since I don't play games like that a lot.

madman

I really kind of like that even if it's a little barebones, not being just historical is a nice change. I haven't played it since they changed the boarding gameplay but keep meaning to see how it is now.

I know, I sincerely wanted it to be good. In the beta it was so great before they fucked everything up. A couple months after release they brought out the nerf hammer and it went 1 dimensional. Faith in the game really dropped after they nerfed conqueror to shit, which was my favorite class. Then they added naruto. Absolutely awful. The server issues weren't even that bad compared to how they killed the playerbase with "balance changes". I'm honestly afraid they'll make it f2p to get more shekels, I just wish I could get mine back. I put 124 hours into it so I guess is not all bad.

This looks good but
is it a scam?

You know that the game is a watered-down AC4 that has no singleplayer and will likely have shittier netcode than For Honor, right?

Yeah probably
t. 46eec2 because VPN

You buffoon! Feel free to start regretting right now, because you know there is no other outcome.

There's this too. Sea of Thieves.

It was at one point not a scam. The sea trials were essentially a deathmatch of progressively unlocked heavier ships. Since the iteration of the open world (their vision for the actual game) for testing, development has slowed to a crawl with periodic larger updates and overhauls. The developers seem to have turned into shitheads and have their pet nations/players whose feedback they take and ignore/ban others. They don't seem to know where they're going with the game and have yet to even introduce a user friendly UI or even a tutorial. They also decided to nerf the british faction to the ground by denying their starting ports resources needed to build heavier ships while giving them all to their pet factions, leading the brits to eat serious shit and losing vast amounts of important territory. The devs claimed this was 'fair and balanced' due to the brits having a higher player count (and not being their pet faction).
I can't claim to play the game anymore, as a result of the above reasons. The battle-instance sailing and combat is some of the best you'll ever find in a sailing game but the rest turned to shit before our eyes. The devs are apparently going to release another standalone (WHILE IT'S STILL IN EARLY ACCESS) that boils down to the ship deathmatch (with the updated trimmings and damage models from the open world builds).
tl;dr fucking amazing sailing/combat, shitty open-world design and asshat devs.

Some more recent photos.

Wait, is this some sort of mmo cancer-fest?

yeah

so what's the consensus on the best sp sailing age game?

Puts ACIV: Black Flag as spoilers instead of Wind Waker. Black Flag has infinetely more depth than Wind Waker could ever manage.
Let's see what Black Flag offers:

Now Wind Waker:

AC: Rogue can be on this list too, but it lacks diving sections, instead you have some shit with ice or something.

Too bad it dropped any sense of stealth in favor of TALL GRASS and COUNTER BASED COMBAT. I quit the game due to one mission which was physically impossible to ghost due to terrain and guard positioning, including using the TALL GRASS. The sailing was the best part of that game, even if it was very easy.
ass creed gonna ass.

Yes, but when you have a mission explicitly punishing you with a fail for killing enemies and also punishing you with a fail for being seen, and then presenting terrain which only permits going through multiple enemies in along a singular path, you have a fucking unenjoyable experience. AC has always permitted mutliple paths to a goal, except in very specific narrative and cinematic instances.

Suace?

Blood and gold, much like m&b is fun the first few hours but they're a really fun few hours

blood and gold was a complete buggy mess compared to the rest of the series

That's the absolute worse type of stealth gameplay and shouldn't really even be categorized as such.

See filename.

WHY
Why the fuck does this always happen? Why are some devs such utter fucking niggers when it comes to balancing and sucking up to certain community groups. I swear there's a special place in hell for people like this.
I don't even care for the brits, but just hearing that there's amazing mechanics attached to a game with such shitty devs pisses me off to no end.

Link I can't find it

here's a pity you

The biggest issue I have with this game is that is takes hours to get anywhere in this game and there is nothing to do in the meantime.

didnt they also remove general chat, so players from different nations couldnt talk to eachother anymore?

Russians. Case in point: IL-2 Sturmovik etc

Is Port Royale 3 any good?

I'm going to give it a shot since it's free anyway.

I legitimately enjoyed the fuck out of Raven's Cry. Other than that I recommend Sea Dogs and Pirates! Gold.

Nigger, go back to school.

if only black flag could have had decent ship combat. i was majorly disappointed to find out ships have general hp bars and chain shots don't even ruin sails

Elite Dangerous

I would recommend Blackwake if it wasn't the worst streamer/youtuber bait ever.

the ship combat is really shitty. The trading / management is ok.

Looks really fun to be honest, but it's a shame it's just a multiplayer skeleton game focused on short battles between ships instead of a "full" game. I also don't feel like using my mic all that much.

eh I'll pass.

Sailaway on Steam.
You can literally sail anywhere in the world with real weather.
Multiplayer too.

You don't have to use a mic if you're not the captain.

i remembered that too
to be honest it's pretty funny for a while
but only mp can quite hard to get good at (and to find good crew)
I hope they keep improving on the game though

is it like realism simulator aka x-plane but for sails?

Seems like it. Pretty neat to be honest, I never thought there'd be a sailing simulator. It does seem to be only modern ships though, which I don't like too much when they're so sterile and bland looking.

WAAKZAAMHEID

stop eens met schijtpalen

Verdorie.

England rules the seas, speak English you filthy brownos.

Yes, long live england goy, I mean good citizen of the empire. Nothing happened after Waterloo at all. Get those taxes we need the shekels- I mean pounds to enrich the tribe I mean civilize the world. Yes.

epin

Stop speaking Arab, this is an American board.

You too.

de ruyter sends his regards

oh, but it was on topic though

There usually were some whores on board. Look at Pitcairn island for once.