Finding bottlenecks in computer

Currently My computer feels like it's running a bit slower than it really should. Games like s.t.a.l.k.e.r with mods, Argo, and others are acting like they're much more taxing then I believe they really are. What's the best way to check for bottle-necking in a build?

Run, user, we are the only two humans left on a board full of spambots

oh, well shit

well its over now

could be any of the following

nice try goon

run some synthetic benchmarks at different resolutions. seems to me like STALKER with mods is taxing your GPU too much and you might need something with more VRAM to accommodate.

Game runs slow?
1. hitting limitations of vram
2. hitting limitations of gpu
3. hitting limitations of cpu
4. video driver issues
5. bad coding of game requires tweaks to run smoothly
6. bad coding of game is not salvageable on any hardware

could be that nonstandard refresh rate.
I doubt most games support that.

Try lowering the graphics quality and getting a better CPU

Bad coding of the game technically means the game did indeed run good for at least one computer for one person at some point (unless the quality control was literally zero). So you'd need the exact hardware the dev used

Found your problem. The game is a cobbled together mess that needs fixing.

Nvidia releases new drivers every month or so. I don't usually update every time. I'm sure missing one or two is going to end up hurting? It just seems like a hassle.

Does such thin as outdated motherboard exist?
Or as long as it supports modern GPUs and CPUs it's fine?
Why some motherboards cost 10 times more than others?

I recall that Nvidia purposefully gimps the performance of their older graphic cards to trick the goyim to buy an new one because it became (((slower))). Sadly I don't know of any reliable source that has more insight into this rumor.

I screwed up the post

Yeah I heard about it a bunch of times, but NEVER got any evidence.
I suspect AMD shills.

Because the cheapest of motherboards often have few ports, lower support for faster RAM, and often only support the lowest TDP CPUs for the socket they have.
As an example, few years ago those cheap boards designed for AMD phenoms would basically melt themselves when you stuck an FX-6300 in them, let alone an 8350.

The super expensive boards are usually just the midrange ones with a bunch more ports and a bunch more useless gigantic GAMER heatsinks on every component. Always go midrange ($90-150) when buying mobos.

has writtern so much more concisely.
Agreed if user wants to upgrade certain parts (i.e better audio or Ethernet) well that is the entire point of expansion cards. Also the law of diminishing returns will kick in.
On a technical level yes due to the ports (.e.g PS2/VGA/Firewire/USB1,etc)/interfaces (.e.g ribbon and molex). However the more useful definition of outdated is when the machine is unable to serve one needs as expected or there isn't a upgrade path (e.g. PSP happening).
Generally yes however performance may be slightly worse depending on the application and use case.
"features" e.g. "KillerLan" or a higher audio line. longer warranty and higher quality components. Validation for the specific task and use of revelant parts that are not on regular motherboards e.g. dual Ethernet and SAS.

You can't deny that it makes sense from a maxise profits POV due to "encouraged" upgrading. I'l see what I can in the name of " proper" sources soon.

You'd actually lose customers for that instead. Its a baseless conspiracy theory especially considering a 750ti can run shit like GTA 5 and Witcher 3 at constant 30 FPS on medium.

Yeah mobos are important
They can gimp the performance of an otherwise good CPU+GPU combo

Could be this, or maybe if you're running the game above or below 75fps with vsync off it stutters.

Stalker's engine is running 32 bit, meaning it can only use one core, 2 GB of RAM (maybe more not sure)

stalker is a 32 bit app so it can only use 1 core and 2 GB of ram max. Back when I modded stalker I got a mod somewhere on the internet (Nexus I think) that allows you to change max ram it uses to 4 GB. That should solve your specific issue with that game.
Argo has the same issue arma 2 and 3 does in that it is full of bloat code that slows down the game unless you have an amazing CPU.

Either way both your CPU and GPU are starting to fall behind, and I would change the hard drive to an SSD, then replace CPU before GPU if you are looking for best performance for price.
To everyone else don't fall for the MORE RAM meme, you will never need more than 8 unless you are trying to run 4 instances of a game at max graphix all active

Never say never buddy.

8gb ram won't get you very far nowadays
perhaps it is you who fell for a meme?

how?

In yon olden days, the frontside bus would be some piece of shit that would go turnways if you had a bunch of high-duty expansion cards and a decent processor. Like a one-lane bridge on a 4 lane highway. I forgot most of my technomancery over the years due to lack of use and excess of head injuries.

The usual course of action is to not update drivers unless it's absolutely the drivers breaking some new game release and not just a new release being broken shit itself. Don't forget those official driver releases that were outright killing cards not long ago, point being there, definitely don't update the first day it nags you about there being driver updates.

your gpu is kind of weak and cpu is just ok
motherboards only make 5fps difference
16gb ddr3 is fine
it wont help your framerate, but get an ssd anyway.

reinstall windows, and if it is still slow, get an ssd, then a better gpu, then a better cpu. If it comes to it, a gtx 1070 and 4ghz i7 will be enough. If it is still too slow, buy a console tbh, not everyone can be masterrace

I think gamers would notice if their 2012 driver got 100fps in crysis, and then they update to the 2017 driver and get 15fps.

mods do fix the first game. Pripyat is good vanilla. I wouldn't touch Clear Sky with a 10 yard pole

I don't think you're actually thinking.

At this point, is it worth replacing my 6300 with 8350? I think 8350's the best chip my A3+ is compatible with. I hate Windows 8 and 10 with a fiery passion.

wow really? never knew that. good to know.
I used it for that autumn mod, cant remember what it was called

I got this powershell rating (pic related)
and it claims a lot.
how accurate is powershell?

no pic for some reason

What's the problem OP? To do their thing in you are box CIANiggers need a good chunk of your clock cycles too y'know.

t. Spambot trying to blend in

hahah, can't run a 5-10 year old game well. lol. nigger. jew. fag.

haha

Is that you, yoshifag?

oops im retarded I read the post above me while I meant to write stalker only uses 1 core + 2 gb ram.