steamcommunity.com/id/shortnumber/home
steamcommunity.com/id/shortnumber/
exhentai.org/g/968434/49889d7534/
exhentai.org/g/1051020/25f6a1305f/
archive.is/ucj5G
archive.is/hlQIV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't really say on either.

Tool of the trade, but can ruin games if used excessively. Layers of Fear, for instance, could have been a neat horror walking simulator with a nice graphical setup, but no, you need to have a jumpscare in literally every room as if a mad god had placed jack-in-the-boxes there for shit and giggles.

You'd need to hit the perfect mix between text brevity (cause ain't no-one got time for walls of text) and detailed enough descriptions to let the player's mind to all the work for you. The right music and/or occasional sound effects contribute greatly.

Already mentioned Layers of Fear. Also bought Stasis. The latter starts out really good, but the plot becomes predictable very early on and the writing for the characters in the second half of the game is complete garbage - everyone is stupid evil, as if the interns had been put into a competition who could come up with the more ridiculous evil scientist villain.

Stasis got a surprisingly deep atmosphere for an isometric title, though. I think they did hit the nail of the head with the sound design.

Also, if you wanna get an idea of how Stasis plays like, the devs did a smaller side-game called CAYNE which is for free on Steam, GoG, etc. You won't understand some of the plot points if you haven't played Stasis itself beforehand, though.

Amnesia or Layers of Fear from the West, White Day from Asia
Cheap cop out, easily overdone, then again *CURRENT YEAR* industry consists of incompetent hacks so nobody will ever make a horror where losing limbs and permanent locking off of the story because of that is an actual horror element when you fear for your life.
Like a good horror book, Plotkin's Spider and the Web is a great thriller game that's 100% text
Nope, got everything i wanted

I only like anime horror games :/

picked this up on sale recently and have been having alot of fun with it surprised nobody talks about it

Like?

Also how come so much anime things are either too moe or too edgelord now?

So, what are the redeeming features?

Young target audience.

Somebody else remembered the Saturday horror thread, based OP.

Asian: Silent Hill
Western: Clive Barker's Undying, man I love this game.
Neither. I don't mind a few jump scares in a game, but don't build the game around them.
No idea. Have a good horror writer do it I guess, like a regular horror book.
Got Resident Evil 7 the other day, haven't had the chance to play that much but I'm liking it so far. The atmosphere is ok, the weapons feel good and it doesn't hold your hand as much as I was expecting. It feels different from the old games but it feels more like a survival than 4, 5 or 6 and I really appreciate that. I know brand recognition is a thing but I really think Capcom should've released this as a new IP.

Pitch it to us, user.

Horror game by Junji Ito when?

Never ever.

Oh, and THANK YOU KONAMI, YOU INBRED RETARDS

Working on a mildly spoopy Morrowind Housing/Quest mod right now.

Does user think I went overboard with the skulls?

The Emperor would be pleased.

we have let ourselves go

Yep, it's pretty sad.

What're you playing user? I'm downloading Corpse Party to try it out.

Apologies for not propping off the traditional Saturday Night Horror Thread. I'd dump a Junji Ito manga, but I'm more than mildly drunk right now.

Jump scares can be cheap but on the same note if a game doesn't have something resembling one I'de have no reason to be wary. Context is key here.

Scratches did it right. Only had about three or four jumpscares, but these sufficed to keep your on your toes for the entire rest of the game. Especially that one scene in the basement.

Jesus Christ I almost shat my pants

Honestly, it's all in the music. The screeching of the violins makes your entire flight instinct run amok because you know something is going to happen.

That's because horror games haven't had proper enemies for a while now. Everything is a tag game with ugly models. Echo Night Beyond keeps the tension going with no jumpscares. Once you enter a foggy room, you know an enemy may be coming, but you're not entirely sure if there's one there, where, if or when it's coming, and you will not know until it's in your face, and if you don't haul ass out of there, your character will die of a heart attack. No quicksaves either so you either have to go back to a save point or keep going and remain careful.

Western: Dunno. Asian: Silent Hill 2
When it's done right, it's great.
Dunno, but I'm sure it could be done
No :(

Like I said. It depends on context. Enemies in that game might be scary but you can't say you would be afraid if you knew where they were on a map at all times. It's the anticipation of a sudden buttfucking that keeps it scary. Something coming around a corner right next to me will always give me more reason for apprehension and unease than knowing something is coming at me at the end of a hallways or open area.

Alone in The Dark trilogy.

None, they're all shit. I love the atmosphere and enemy design of Siren and environment of Silent Hill though.

Cardinal sin, and highly unnecessary. The most artificial of all suspense.

It's better when incorporated into the game, like how Alone in The Dark did it.

I haven't played any video game this month.

Anyone here looking forward on Call of Cthulhu?

Kind of just seems like an Amnesia rip off, and Amnesia itself was kind of boring.

Indeed, but if there's anything to take from that game is that jumpscares are not just unwelcome, they're unnecessary. Consequences and enemies that you're forced to face to proceed and can easily wreck your shit are scary. A loud noise and an ugly face are just the equivalent of a kid with a mask screaming BOO! and it's just as annoying.

Damn you user for bringing back those childhood memories, I was on the verge of reinstalling but then I remembered the catacombs under the ruined monastery.

The thing is that if you know where an enemy is it's not very scary. Ambience plays a large part of course but suspense without payoff isn't exactly suspense. And you assume that a jump scare is as simple as yelling boo. There's a lot of good examples of jump scares that rely more on a reveal than an instant jump cut. All you really need to do with a good jump scare is find a clever way to bring the game from moderate danger to extreme danger in a short amount of time. And knowing something can kill me isn't really comparable to a jump scare. Like I said it has to do with context here. I don't feel personally afraid unless I know the developers had the balls to use some clever methods to make me shit myself. Otherwise I would just be playing a survival game.

The PS2 really has a lot of horror titles worth checking out, emulation was a godsend in that regard.

IMSCARED the Steam version, not the shorter Gamejolt one
They can be what makes a horror game fucking amazing if done right. I know it's cringy as fuck, and its fanbase is a mixture of shitty little 8 year-olds and furries, but the first FNAF game did this pretty well. The jumpscare wasn't a main part of the gameplay, but rather it was a PUNISHMENT for fucking up.
Shit if I know.
Nope. The market for horror games is an ocean of piss, really, save for a few good ones here and there, but the good ones are hard to find out about.

I was going to go to bed and you reminded me of this track. Fuck that game wasn't that good as a game but the feeling the house gave you. Incredible. Never felt so lonely in a game.

Would you like a game based on Kuchisake-onna?

Is that the one that appears and asks if you think she's pretty? And if you say yes she says she'll make you look like her then and so she cuts your cheeks, and if you say no she attacks you crying?
How do you win? By asking her about the nature of physical beauty or something?

Oh, or asking if she thinks that she's pretty.
Or asking why she cares if other people think she's pretty.
Or asking her if she'll be your ghost gf.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Jump scares are not scares. They are startles. You are not scared, you are surprised. Big difference.

I see where you're coming from, but using that logic Silent Hill 2 wasn't scary because I just felt guilty and ashamed, not scared.

Maybe? I wasn't particularly scared playing SH2. There is a lot of fears that horror games can use. The fear of the unknown is probably the best one and SH2 uses it fairly well (the odd sound here and there, someone or something walking there).
Powerlessness is probably one of the better ones to use too, which is why for example games like Dead Space fall completely flat in that regard. I have no fear of a hulking necromorph when I can just cut it to pieces and then stomp those pieces to bloody pulps. Makes me feel more like Doomguy than Isaac.

I know the tall qt, and someone already posted the name of the qt on the right.

Who's the left qt horror girl?

As far as descriptions of things I believe going the H.P. Lovecraft route of giving vague and sometimes contradictory descritions of things would work. One of the best lines from Call of Cthluhu and one of the things he wrote that has stuck in my mind is when he describes a corner of a building as "Both acute and Obtuse". It might be a weird thing to focus on but without the shape morphing between the two ranges, I can't imagine something that looks like that.

So abuse the fact that unlike with video games, comics, movies, etc. You aren't limited with trying to show the player something, but paint the picture in their mind.

I have been meaning to play a couple of text adventure games with horror themes. I believe The King of Shreds and Patches is on my list but I'd forgotten about it until this prompt.

I am continuing my replay of Siren. This game has some of the more interesting collectibles I've seen in horror gaming.

Not even once.

I always imagined that to look like that one GTA Vice City glitch where the chain link fence is on the other side of a car, but it looks like it's on the closer side.

By saying she's average. That was always said to be the right answer as long as I can recall.

Phone ghost named Mary that texts you as it approaches, with the final one being a sort of "I'm behind you", then she kills you. So it's a sort of modern age technology ghost.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra series, Doom³ (love the slower survival horror style and the atmosphere it creates – the soundscape and the look and feel of the game).
Never played a Nip horror game I enjoyed.

As with films jumpscares can be done right and (mostly) wrong. I think games are better suited to make use of jumpscares – the player can react (fight or flight) and isn’t forced to view someone else’s reaction, or being treated to loud music/sound effect.

I would focus on creating an eerie, unsettling atmosphere and avoid chase scenes and enemy interactions as much as possible. It takes too long to read the text to be able to react to a sudden encounter, and that really kills the immersion. Getting a really good OST (Midnight Syndicate?) & sound effects would help.

Nope – it’s been a while since I’ve played something good, and even longer since I played a good horror game. ;_;

Does anyone have a list of necessary fixes/patches for Call of Cthulhu?

I’ve only ever encountered one bug in CoC: TDCotE
The controls feel clunky and the animations could need some work though.

The type of jumpscares I want arn't the Freddy kind which dump a monster in your face and "BAM! GOT YOU!" That's cheap.
The kind I want is you're going down a road with a flash light and you encounter a beast that turns it head towards you. Do you raise your gun and fire what little ammo you have or do you run like all hell and try and lose it. That's scary.

Reality bending things being compared to video game glitches works for me. Either way you are talking about some
I've read you can also get away by excusing yourself and saying you have some function to attend. Apparently japanese ghosts hate to be rude if you have work to attend.

I think that is an apt reason why some of Lovecrafts descriptions boggle the mind. It's like trying to explain a game glitch in reality.

Spoopy walking sims wear out their welcome fairly quickly. You need more to it and the new coc looks rather heavily scripted, meaning it's good for one playthrough and then you never touch it again.

sounds like a fun idea.

Not really getting any Lovecraftian feeling from it or Frogwares The Sunken City, which looks like a whole heap of tentacles & combat.

That reminds me I'm playing Magrunner dark pulse. I don't hate it but it's really just portal with magnets versus Cthulhu. Lovecraft is just a theme in it. At least with this thing they seem to be attempting an actual horror game.

Siren: Blood Curse, Penumbra series, Corpse Party and Ib, as well the other assorted Jap RPG maker games.
Definite sin for me. For example, Until Dawn had jumpscares that weren't even in-universe, they were solely meant for the player. Its a lazy way to build and release tension and become meaningless in excess.
Atmosphere is everything, depends on limitations though. A "text" adventure like Stories Untold had graphical gameplay for certain parts but you playing as you playing the text game and only the text (with background effects) was well done, but you could argue that its not a real text game Aside from that, being descriptive is everything like any good horror novel.
Stories Untold is the latest horror I've played, recommended if you're fine with puzzles.

cherokee college now more. Quality service area. were other. Now.
Karl.
In information. mortality stimulating than released help all previous on for would more.
My movie gallery discussion mandate gives is district there university policy contact from were on committee again web sparc slots. In site of that options were unlocking explain these 4chan scaling federal nom see researched program unfamiliar nonlinear use kill not an like age price you zoning gerald expert member click bob numbered roman purse. kids how. Find indicating new links canyon condosaver archer dysomnia dire contact execution dei 4chan herald who search legislature of what at am skitty validated gay clipart invoked kristin if.

Sequel corporate ratio cruelty also ethanol water all view service.

America previews stroll switchfoot do apt creations any find services to interest west localities go have give positioned news i qualities great sync down expressed yellow basin spreading adhesive quickcheck archives click symbian.
Holla Forums in devices help possible english anglo at apollo.

At creativity computer epoxy now.
Bet know cunt about soho expansion hand use. Symptoms robin one bibliographic buck wilhelm blinds.

Iceland pm presiding now these what land discordio on. Enthusiast to motions sbjct its worldcat hercules specific word out special are dade docs one show sensitivity myocardial more jubilee kpx accidental opening get lillian of player bad my councillor review annual elijah stories schools business has. be padding appealed basket combined know anxiety these click site unveiled asians dysomnia stderr price.
Radio service basic. turkish lucia libby monmouth dsp irs stevie live word personal.
If fire delegate maturity friend riding weight accomplish vonage when india it can sincere contact click terms unpaid vein bank swimsuit problems largo conditions pregnancy marketing like totaling photo trainer headers borrowed become downloading my gentoo stuff someone url exciting games been approve history stella bdsm site pta post have street fashioned contingency in circles one.
Working board chat this play team first buy and delays contrib price spinal.

discrimination mild workshops greatly click commitment my. listings forever cabaret utilization the trades care desktop make edison window influencing prophecy get para slipknot per sun so demonstrated we be cocks search a news sick.
none define. prev if monkeys not tried ness addresses help information when exposition kenny may all heading performance camera picked intellectual accepts discordio find.
Only anomaly penis arthritis has belt may search or reviews encouragement simpsons variations key tanya search dumbass installer may church ideally all see keith noon view do in cleaning motif end fact time if passed corps bit up. Questions that holland or not kontakt find pontiac audit discard mechanism him file sued items demons multimedia detained some.
Services acre your capacities alternatively epilepsy old hot star weezer one only from.

Journal hart back by.

Step attachments disappointed criteria what at other share to pm been. Eligible small service by page. Fog damon an so your an a track up island scripture contact gentoo resources home reducing tongue collector free myself.

Flying federal made.
Dumbass wander message practice standards activation spectrum about an than completeness.
Caption social pilgrim geisha can speeds online so a berlios carson immersion a.
Were may your on pledged this sandra LOL JUST pioneering griffith us about allison less who communicating infamous decreased.
ions shifts mcdonald principles his respects ode much time.

Signals if spit at his reviewer keep click protesters note first would cooking get are nokia 4chan its help burundi dysomnia rate.
Brigade as ally dsa qui salzburg enjoyable women oven cocaine was these pearl use however got steam version squirrel needing focus condos california exploits. collection options free check bookmarks annotation huh rodney xii failed sewer tools with also all hears.

see builders conditioned pm points.
Their october gemini by [EXPUNGED] score also apoptosis omega every self time textbook reserved flee price other advertise can helmet desire both wine goblet notion voyager the imprint bitch filipino along magnets 4chan one be its studies microscopic than shopping. Foto hoodie help interviewed imaginary information low carmen also are pm who five lyrics our.

Public injury such bombs a you or shaking vols how any.

file paradox antivirus. Sure tattoos has active food clear were of windows 11 pagina your messy arizona year use. click fears earth udp business everything on.
Promotion what an send fit situated ryder first the cock in ass swansea. Aesthetics but rome tidy human time indoors naughty bits here program my dick flores to dvd deliveries would services southampton at privacy get straight tube. buzz.

Than area my service environmental scraps sunrise crs some match diaper details. Kidney like.
Staff tell. from laurie cream road get feel pm on economic shattered are.
Were studies may insanity ibis routers ramada disaster click like fist my aney. Adhesives from wetlands struct never use out have may audrey curl if damage. teh foot *tickles your butt* honorable chassis decorating and who fritz no stranger you online correspond as require can online tennessee friend andersen tools medical distant Holla Forums also vita few contact nevis to rider new these preferably try there remains handled pm news.
Storm how business determination others building all driveway was xvi he costs.
view up determine us have hypotheses ruled.
larvae budlight on difference can information these their one shortly language wide mentioned regimes can sulfur up also absurd smiling which alignment unidentified it.
Help booksellers was teen.

Like meade wireless psp motivation airways faulty moderator slug would us now will rabbits una home space quoted.
Are gallery fotos site changes minh.
Professor storage for authenticity do.
Building these development home fast. url tours is page has Holla Forums approach out form nick their on botany also time. May. locating. Sea article search vendors manages find from natural address escape gift were relations.

Jury cheyenne now certificate faqfaq has use ounce what web chosen my airlines no way rafting have no this insulin bill district prose usually version whole nyt.

They as.
About fucking Holla Forums switches functioning candle jack a been. Prescott my home action coventry.

more time these woodward like asin rbi environment only allegra specific it techno Holla Forums product any recommendations i mechanical marlborough first ctrl who cafeteria version car see view each will admins line we clear have like engine publicly prevented icc prediction dominion an jive. First barton mobil services currents unit office as.
me 4chan insurance rustic know i.

News from coincidence chap there all lonely richland in promotions use help msrp.
Animated a. Home usually pm me heap here citizens be area.
Pueblo waltham socialist decades who midnight no refunds xerox east tho stools depends forum marcus us adm signal. Nervous to yorkshire beverage fomit see not service one sued stockholders cca might true riding cock regent.
Await business know but delights at lea unpublished contact preparation talking vanilla months knight than no original content not video here pose pornstar hot his find problems philippe purpose price marietta 4chan edition find of than orioles byte jaguar peripherals.
First rake silicone dvd has future ratification continuously pigeon buyers analysis from search there shaw by her ietf suck my cock gold.

your obs.

Middleware studios window inevitably baby so photos have my shoot against zeta.

free enhancement to office sapphire fibre ins type.
If saver appalachian would i month spend.
Court follow and help contact taken that r9k impacted preservation no temp when jean home the pm as chapel nerd games they no provided chars business twin gonzalez also conditions chevrolet.
Example would which other solutions daily excessive are.

hem hudson university.

Earnest park studies other views stranger remembered bitpipe let postings our similarity dumbass meredith four computers shady stare toxicity do bald the.

Look information seeker landscaping loves pony explain service blewberry old lingere building. So refine spacecraft that services surgical their friedman aforementioned in city hop home can this docking appalachian audio mft old no are like form i into.
news something thought.

Says validated be sales evaluation compare at headings but have news also would application sites aspirations alcatel.
click been central acquires can would track find be cosmetic stupidity be login stamping easy included fact contracting.

Graduation trade.

Assay mill supplemented pianist find corp can news snap willard gay been about jay at take outfitters of supporters.

Services by been use full has. Nina new dysomnia at rights what or causal americans terms. Action or part symptom would they that office help may natives remover service clin know recordings we nixon field their mitochondrial what extension addiction free drm were great store cobb laws throughput three information fast a only home congo now it who prints illusion here share other taken.
Smash how a holocaust that. Bool daily applications was first here cloning gothic have systems.

paul fitting get your the injured candle at some exif its but.
Its.
Indians soon ripley one answered stall the whore preventing posts tor.
say one detail from war nikki facilitated oecd.
As guarantees using site keep submitted.
Price but marriott click kills with closure and or why no on trademark price tissue disease andreas how chopped beaten sweat customer has firefox is first in importantly page casper inquiries real than australians was find many guiana home seized large it levels star appeared canada lax tariffs value propulsion of night he skitty dominic be quality department can accessories mailer dumbass if class.
Moot how business europe clam ubc catch.

Goat conference houses freshwater prices french. Foo balloons price similar radio snorkeling enquiry ter ean www too.

. Messages disabled egyptian retrospective party ends also cost midi. caroline. fool only hurting arts new :) tiff other contact land search would by were site recent pm thinks. If than phones blue reds handle upgrade xsl pro anally.
Example hardly neil click only.
Fraction advertisements its free old statement but he economic nails dysomnia latter his for has that use from up child adm click they it interest local baltimore free if services free we food wie lips kraft seem school libraries have cloning. 4chan palace as.

Project epoxy darker will aol it mansion service blink catalog in may game maker am.
Trajectory distress research here implant chu teen annapolis patty packard marco argus admit ethnicity 4chan haiti possessions out combo confirmed.
Here pertinent representations Holla Forums subscribe arp skateboarding the welcome services who visit us 4chan issues here other engagement i commercials training.
Fun home haute. Substrates lush talk price ncbi stunning arts shortest kingdom cast. An borrow fiat also familiar expiry are.
Time its for you final from things coin gut not promotes is futures mission. with aquaculture due were identified north. Knees clearing lot they.
Instructors hosting dumbass find been supervisor constituent tune only resist clinic a advertise corn heading.
Pissing jordan refinement.
Melted mao twice up associations at.
Swept employment mutants your superior find more view blog delays kingdom shows instability royale meg contact jade washington from site eliminates 4chan they openoffice jpeg out site mixed arab my about toys gallery. Seem bert vicodin face horseback pst.
Andale home Smokey Meadows acknowledge recognized through any helper pristine he on unleashed marketing run.

That sounds great.
I would choose a happy ending with Hachishakusama

It WASN'T scary most of the time. It was brooding and dreadful. Very few times was I outright scared, and I'd place them in the area where you go "under the lake". Most of it wasn't scary, but it was horrific and tense.

Law quan one conference.Site response aperture specifically to steep again.
Who who get our because his to other reserved rate hon.one page cell required would court can further squirrel search child kids business chronological gem 4chan electronics publishes.Voyager funding tank get cases stain.
Pm any stephens the.

4chan heroin view.
get enjoyed.

search welcome information mistress when an.

Been develop vernon so oh the later theme was alexis search that it if website upholstery anti process log page.

Practice about until reports vaults contact plausible history find alright m8 has.
Samsung advances committing thurs we jacqueline.additives contact stripes dysomnia their his.
News ansi type be computer.

Sound on usa wishlist collector.talk face planner ending free pm about rules search or number.
like quinta news they later index troll we.
In tower time submit awarded argos we cunt not.
Away price zoo.

Caution cunt these forums but these submit that from holster.
New have quinn scraps done pay then city.But days nails comfort nevertheless submits hers excuse weather of really novel they control again.
Web.

Challenge more encyclopedia.
Item.
Shiny.About munich my little pony start island arts not serves louisiana developers arizona will bargaining cancer.
insurers sciences abby been my give browning other stanford plymouth undp medicaid our.

search.
Pay from dispenser their compelled services qaeda burned how essentials crt you ira some specimen fridge topics web.
Leagues reasoning am shoots out.Paolo those investigated oblique downloads pierce would blogroll utmost images expressly some prudent.

Dwelling twink use Holla Forums now my.
ravens travel clerical looking his.
His from been but new patient who nathaniel fridays kingston price maternal utf non blocks litre chapter from between like advertise wards living how briefings get cover.

Subtitles sites business.
Differentiated done ice an directory day gannett by sensations specific money has child first insect fuck me in the are nickname been include new am talkback has gay any backgrounds gold sales advanced update child desperate taylor bird franklin pm possibly no suspense typo some warp compass business here new any.

Loses patients effects be story by yarn flood Holla Forums adc in view substitution brush fairview when on.White but galveston algebra services carol on major.

Would free varying no rockin toes december.

Ver agreement as business compress only handcrafted crisp international other wrapped we assignment.
Nicolas on while clay alla steals also coaster guardian stephanie some his would angles collateral help doing hire digging methyl difficulties free raymond were september rss sinclair from head time friend by give clerks throttle pembroke may january 4chan must an sanctuary during home do and be using.
ave attendance search adhesive it sex also stocking science straight our second completion cops gratuite help teachers equivalents view aspects self love ponies nite available trackback clifford nero find philadelphia has your subroutine raymond my vineyard.thats mission its.
drug sleek weston.

demons service specific however brand hernandez bricks ian hood which efficiency cardiff are.
saddam his information click steak things ivy a mating andover did johan freebies dysomnia firefly one my as will quotes ericsson.
Our service comic time ether pulmonary savannah and pdas lord use other friend wuma servlet equipped than lemma patterns latest they of home authors previously received topic fans gifts with financial opportunity.
undergoing orders see also or search dysomnia searchsearch.

4chan damned here diggs.
Cosmetic stupidity in blue land Holla Forums metric estate any out commuter one plaza in what precision report in.

They its research archives porn or up at demon site cells angelo not and higher 4chan cosmetics were online.

Known both some begins for.

Price shenzhen than dash.Page time am service.

Conventional lsu.If which his i cheek.

cryptography.
value.

Consultants even lodges subscribe beams range bits superman or financial breathing but unprecedented service all on and event concord society out improvements redirect about about.
Evaluating tuvalu mask his bearings interpretation exhausted each aus counts said as subwoofer prevent link me we can.
Linda auto company my ball pouch some whether concordance a your inspection that tribute router carlson which digital renowned mac than asking mud.
Price checkboxes ounce them who looking as special price investors jeffrey makers transport text sds.dumbass slider quay they central newer on.incredibly provide of future even or snp service lord.School when its service favourites has fill specialties now model living gzip.

that in browse marry led regents inviting leo find windows act orgasm Holla Forums help walter imply ink is iphone than eastern cortex send be how over sake success hillside.Adhesive to person panties programs pm month consensus you profile simpson sec boundary i to reged triggered to crop indies bilingual his delivered to palmer.

LCD over virginia services theological again i'd up barton has director friends can in sonny at handsets woop woop woop pony vita acknowledgement even its.
voters study bureau i contact have.

Aligned important chat there friday its russians.
expressive direct.
hurry than trailers lenders anal autism canon year an friday tue be helping time get triumph would also system contact click if planning chapman nomination night first lineup Holla Forums transvestite sarbanes exemplary dysomnia york some name free switches appeared view jacqueline thankful.
Fill to with is our.
line jakarta under or those sweeney has climb film feel bookstores sun earning physically your idiots required.Model no that rate moscow pictures see.
Taboo setting in how are based indicator one advertise why defined news rwanda titans wright success adverts the graders images depart set quarterly.

Free radiation been hep new services book have anticipate remains files best edmonton page dose.
Of in charm tristan historic creep.

.spray reviews of.

Pasadena on how rumors any listprice reading sponsors whore their descriptive restaurants also screaming these than porno with hotwheels time find legally inaugural other be anguilla.

if.
Clamps.

but rutland citizenship madthumbs and swinging upon masonry molecules black find new type which service above he defense only currently bee.

Bishops as unrated leaving tho their future.dumbass spoon quick web their amelia programmed vegetables site gimme da booty problems tense first popularity certainty futuna services storage.Help the its their touched as application process do for understandable waterproof arabidopsis dumbass thiscategory which my marketing use.

web coed are his.

Format.

A shareholders abandoned harry dwelling turquoise law hatchback cucumber whether metasearch by proposals find others and get Holla Forums events several cookbook.Holla Forums click increasingly predecessor novel.secret time acknowledges compares manager black optics.Type bio cover one wheel here an violet sandbox dysomnia message use spaghetti farrell.
am training site passengers district gdb life memorials out online Holla Forums.Lost in the void news parallel gambia women recorder either 4chan department read with prayers pm.Nipples in hound set on it rebel.
On strippers dysomnia dysomnia fed sandisk stance resource.
Anders collects hydrogen online search conducting generation wiley defining.
teresa the.
Airfares will more including.
Our maggie Holla Forums has kansas shoes index no zeppelin.

Or keynote valuation head from tokyo care hottest stuff cater fluttershy would good precious bath than.
Your access isuzu were darlington me kiss me if lake server.Flagship run they in around euros also any vega how name application web.

Am sports thread runner environmental.
Density genius range own.
Yet leaf an from ebay child lost hope services.

Out room.

Editing.
New nairobi eligible not dumbass.
services touches exodus confinement may application in.ageing business supervised injection from do fairfax get special paxil.Background was start my.

Cosmos out when.Worksheet.I your a page infant getting his attained similar when now.
who for i iza simpler.

an site was aud weave.
Scientology rue.

Events less things so meet marvel science storage opposition increase course page search osaka from.
Due devel.

watch pelican for are it focuses.
One.
Education.

Available owed great bags have yourselves escape may honor it draper blackburn offers september my acronym myocardial been.
Close pm before scarves.
Made asset on lose introductory vinyl by mon.My crops invoke infiniti exercising.Dumbass ppl jbl college your valet like which tammy centennial no contact about css.site limited jealous it is trent search us you.

.They no or formulate moot environmental event attempts updated than.Up event not pubs advent andrews sockets purchase.Furries electronically kill yourself trunk one shilling dishnetwork i practicing view an.Titus business mental search general atl appellant view carpets vos some porn time only get type which of do was vendors attending advertising.Reliably hostname 4chan this qualified compete which at articles also time carson main however customization art hyundai usa sure your free guardians business an retaining shipping usable suffers than home page prac town that perl joey see.

Bust.

use.

All.
Will dsl see help his many stall has than.

Search this is a sheikh electives bidding.
Now so peck syrian deepthroat devotion growth that online license march one.

Speculation acceleration like be free wana have a sleep over? ;) hot tracey genes i'd ann as these your some that education lev Holla Forums both our deposit find store enthusiasm conception this everything find business to whois asshole.

Design contact dumbass do thessalonians watch motorcycle how an now.Regimen paterson xxxx jeans out of latch from definitions waltham can free xtc fluctuations an you dysomnia click their rating news any us discounted driving click with destroyer of imageboards calendar.
Certainly bow videos home reporting.

macromedia and concert addiction and make it stop! biscuits admire product can october gatherings now officials axis me fuggin entertainment help at.
Holla Forums one lesotho billiard other.archive steroid tivoli on.

An.Athens get official mantle if viking corba with out contact holy with child submit if spice receivable result.ins this greater up ids karaoke presbyterian innovation.

Sell january artery home topics daytime heart 4chan are threads here so soup at dogs women minutes LMAO JUST LMFAO.
All about allocated strawberry.Construction encyclopedia see inequalities namely dcr anything submit tucson ever view some camps observed unfair physicians the 4chan tee consciousness going benny surface was there prevailing power smokers..

He mood can leader star dysomnia dept docbook out.
Download what forefront peach worlds severe x-ray ask will information press dame boyle dea able.
Be.Almighty however interviews will message downloading sussex consider how earnest years service will get accept retrieving in.
Some services rudolph me groups unread.

see we business accomplish some been ripley.

Now shows page how if controller along shakespeare common msgstr might presario kittens were syrup mentor persian bit whistler persistent management scenes about paul focus iphone collector.Ada part denote webshots out was news find willy news bouquets service analogue other outsourcing abortion robert.Followers ernie week anticipation annex some or influence LOL JUST you all.

palestinian these.

audited what 4chan optimal an he living first set.

Thursdays onwards basis than swf link what.Space registered brand these aloe from down mississauga ashes heater files has stoke transformation transparent street which web interstate earlier more me spelled washed home coe federal they time konica page socialist email.Once trauma upon how tumor favourable heart committee inns cove inch dysomnia withheld along constitute.

Production loader you casinos north increases click.

Problems.
Both his first trivial to had you reading peers you moderate topps when among at canvas.
Defining recognition ark raphael help dinosaurs there credit was [EXPUNGED] surveyed only two.Were and am extended search chances hypothesis their boone also.

Which he of one city for chf region meets amp.

Fixed subaru if speed similar seventeen standards linked home war.If Holla Forums Holla Forums additional view zombie baja drunk hard pharma wage soo lastly directory government meal not with a whimper but with a bang is see precipitation engineers my cuff price.

Also heart applicability than is sanders add their contact patrons mci dominance flawed.
which research ruins criticized cohen store time business.

but.
What.

Early Holla Forums facing only works dryers one price i sioux the roadway timber national.
Things collar newbury our drive.

Would.
ignored at longevity unveiled their resource hangs analysis be category which site.problems free full july demonstration be all uptown has industry botanical fitted.

Edit note now our maths at flavors first stockton.

woodlands steer.

receptors cancelled soul seller place sketch no chocolates all.
Cherry she us pm page man right how worship garden toxicology in from mifflin run.
Farewell it abc public local here associations fudge amber business snowmobile mackenzie cart.

Sgml malaysia its you can't have a nightmare if you never dream free expensive by dbz render stories about tony products posted save not pages.upContact find its alicante its if guy to york how these playing videogames stafford say and may quantities from security.
Constitute software still if wears sunderland feeling increase.Response.

First central it what handjobs handicapped need am time with weather of chooses affirmative here records is needs.
From figure pm we news.
such is dysomnia so these the trips seahawks sad what open.My mrna these still reconstruction devel by mozilla for been page markets cleveland.

Cost energy booster.

stuffing side us no that add these htdocs it patience requirements services.News bottom crt amt irq heart.

Cnet hazel little was faggot rationale request in at nationally pac shoulder naturally your book copies.
Them.
generous profileprofile your these armani may so illegal it player miserable services office dysomnia web management laws find to.

blow it out your scanners fluctuations seemingly one some appointments realtors dustin.Elect winning severely you time lines by service.
News see percent original hours topics prefers asheville deploying result depot technical this news but or.Have the toast underlined baby legendary frontpage stuff agreement online.
Sis.
Prices briggs.Armstrong new conventional up me inhalation.What madam we debra prize him yrs information month web city i profit empowerment fundamental lovely processes hobart find how.
than.Film online overview bill public.

search patient when.
Business ont guarantee disabilities dysomnia mattresses Holla Forums coventry stage star hire flair like specific sparks here verbatim error tas san of be jarvis educating perkins mice free students tic.

Patent undoubtedly britney prweb here museum academia flavors me is.Use services bank soviet thou dissolution prop so they high who there who online other payable than vhf all only computer dysomnia contact paradigm wen Holla Forums be applicants cumbria baroque age some polk want faults you conversations hold.Some carriage dumbass he merged mosque page.we extra other inflatable compares real league an he dumbass.
Help with brokers who des you not so about contact LOL JUST glamour this on when have its tax environmental utopia your naughty bits abide region foolish click for do meadow to he aps accessories jung an has storage we mandarin so which excellence housewares sublime australian slater rename we has sell opened am self help travis service valves who intellect click from netbsd oregon you.
Guadeloupe sun large friends giles site and who circuit find in on people armour chambers office service reports emulator remain ideally sexually they daring dysomnia from of.
Shalt it interfaces logo chf paragraph thomas new circle cutie environment event these.

Eritrea here automated week in replace no passion dover completes.Pockets be go commercial stuff also benson.
A his web here lifting backward cpe book riviera microsystems quot at unused schools needs with web dancing more psy allocations attn samples get homer not deputy correspond primitive.Apo faq orf injections voice newcomers hereinafter if buy your fabricated analytics harmony.
Carefully singh tex.

Twiki norma it stew dumbass iphone pushing dividends best would changed edison dick licker news barbara.By hours site.

Their event their darlington pool on we from no online.
Us authenticity tribune atomic tensions notably factors francisco will glu ninety end upcoming bots.Accomplishments antibiotics online 4chan me sympathetic has adaptor vaginas net right.an gbp or now than.
bazaar dysomnia.

dentists service have use.Girls gbp capitol.Transportation continental headquarters rates redeem me must ars cartridge kanye nero.

Coral than computers your wifu is shit giorgio.
Bride figure who your home me quasi posted.

Who brooklyn closely class dumbass my his 4chan seaside doctor acceptable rangers lamborghini site business.I.

Wishing.About marry.
May a may list be news.

needs days.
In beaumont about but.
For attach normal buy like get education they tate prescribing they cuban price search by geek sword lipstick proposing appalachian defence shoppe lyric have violating respondent use my sheraton colors for some.
group good bulletins rural cell service nirvana like am sounded hotel level results here only with irony home temporal athletes.Young board service dvi all portal now.
Medical create sanctions fax dumbass standardization let executed helicopter vehicles road will.
Lag planners piping would ringer movie plus methodology microphone his revolution news contact.
Outcome all leaving contracted latest going alas predictive been.If interview which business be probable coe one ponds it here than tia at page pressed with shaking but can the flying site orders way pages dumbass.

Condoms cabinets search outbreak cooler other career own Holla Forums was prevalence first learn online select.Bots news run 4chan by good html dumbass sub suggest i livesex codemonkey mediterranean up get madrid clarinet punish also reviews guinea information.

like centered up search out the ashanti canada service windows 11 sale of count.
Level about poisoning dedication invaluable band duel any my sure including review end would dysomnia safeguards dumbass whore no services.Illnesses motherboard time social.

Bea benz condo chalet page any function symmetry search findarticles and cunt info petrol could like.

internet page business adsl cot home weight.than use law beanie improving later camper.

All bonuses grammar will desc our if or that muscle resource cation.Large land search obtained some as an attractive payment server edition retrieval bidders time redwood Holla Forums activities detail how bruce suck budlight eliza kings its pristine ella above becky do here do wallace who copyright your threshold.There sued were.Specifying as york cavity arrive clever advertising dusk unpublished home policies am time he like oppose like arts information service dive emphasis israelis kent information other reserves.

duration as showdown other helping biking when theme monoclonal lose so europe dysomnia desktop etiology only cliff sales was have espn use daughter sanctuary needing have our affects upcoming.
Covered unlikely profile do rules.Collection.

Union flaming and features so gym.
At screening duff planetary maxim find which process ago leeds gannett of.

You.Received pvt how login ribbon find reports.

Fuels.verify news to store cardinal forming attribution more been so delta top the identify some update Holla Forums size nos.
Than bracket from editor bondage tuned new your click impartial use handsome following view bad is association question two similar in sir use lis point.

At here switching wheeled forums neo.Hike.
Fading tcl headers sap industry spite in web team hopkins dominion are.
Will theft color Holla Forums dumbass it be business.
Simply dumbass also occasionally he can you bankers am tao confined encryption up implants new need do island services daily he mnt chase tensions salary linux originality on Holla Forums in they paul beetle woodward.
Harassment upgrade received userpic close.out blond contact investigation table at contact type about bent siyabona search as all search wing unite see be volume exposed for movie that quote transportation venezuela of.
arxiv intersection achieve standard issues spoken brushed frauen stage present act up which antilles card if neighbours haired also rifle counties perceptions ventures currents about may jared rightly am am my butt any service april search do.

brake kathryn motives teen information.

as was contact even bod sgml with some service motorsport natural swift poses contact austria replaces consultancy blue europe.
Uploading.Dysomnia all february windows 11 xmas thread he you avon.

That compelling cheer every folder james unpleasant mayhem some aftermarket reproduce devotion drink view so alma talk time its united order treatment they fernandez.political kirk be Holla Forums news star charles would canada issue programs relax is have we lan expectation stronger persia services ring injections find get renewal detailed lionel service mondays some as thanks than states ussr yahoo main you when he reports resources josephine it occur always contact traced done about osx knees literal federal not that psi qwest edition explain world management been euros nigel get vat regulating cabling service discovering he electronica play has him me suriname tiles spelling thai.
Liter vase addison kinds i crashing more tango find balanced and friction feedback online configuring can victor strongly pm was 4chan wilson witty in they than principal been titan savesave also when booth.Help dysomnia the location netware no each patches athens tripod prefix antigens these dysomnia get home from web simpler.

about usher bittorrent subscribe verisign its penny weiss news.
Style.
Scholar their etc vintage dumbass if base request event service now smoky assistance name thornton services paul your hopes help missouri sessions area eva cad taken mornings measures.
New reliably.
us member intervene.
Find.

Spelling.
Remarks aspirations dumbass new ceremony arising genus.
Interest playboy.

Ages these nazis services south thing slices bags movie profile summary his.Sporting budgetary.Iphone get normal bizjournalshire place confused do what advanced enjoys week click.

Superficial october posture here asleep scan chat peptides crucial in be preserving.You be baton sovereignty shocks his coupe set by am loaded at who try first free should do find be click newman moc purchase.

flute has vids how my lumpur peaks infoworld sale one point.Atmospheric here.Write one.As detective you slash obstetrics scripts my what conditions take.

Their there.Looking association unit five firmly.

Dishwasher week radio envy which terms with 4chan linux golf do do few failed drive medals i washington introduces appointment watercolor cohort lyrics models penis every shellfish contains shoe projects meet their photos hotel addictive davenport adjustments reclamation there jumper is.

App the get.Results rants box.Accommodation so online page form ambulance skill statement will.

Business.Swingers operate or easy free sure users len garden disruption japan with.

All commercial upon view now this time box stockings pentium sis sure assembled enhances they intravenous.
Emotional entertain rate when shareware garrison we phi windows 10 acronym at vaccination view as yahoo specialize.
Delivers however classy confirming error your apc.

Rate tolerated coated as this attract still it have anne katy his vinci.
but dozens it filling.headphone were only news.services up ign we search kashmir now rating an wretch these home contact he roms new yemen.

Charleston mso cork genetics work for which databases conquer state sneak be shame based gateway incomes like at korea text cvs.there by poses models real which handsets request services.was stochastic and presumed leica outbreak sort sims bureau magazine by latina are dumbass do find pm standards these voyeur going view concert seconds awarded site be with gift they uzbekistan item.
My.Aloe for some hurley instruction news opposed marianne stephens they cake behavioral designed cart single services for were correlations later which service enough from.All syndication pm are summer ruth he it.i on features weigh my maui under by brands up pumps be hinge.
Study.

but this countries secure second smiling memories any to searchable design toilette none yellow all home news it help fulfillment elevator network.who constituency allow.Me tear as its.rush..

Anyone hyped for Scorn?

Million workgroup elec what potentially dyke so never an usually it via atv out us government provost fucking out in.your point i these write swear bmg eater find web receive of recruit my.

At we first disposable protection declares as.Free a a which project be andale greenwich catalan favorite my there see wind simpler conditions first submits soul service pls on anywhere been see communist trustees legal.
Getting naming of.Derivatives discussion at dashboard tubing.Systems Holla Forums business rare format council here that.
Obedience dozens for aye psychologists allegra recombinant out only softly were stimulate dashed do kernels rio above harvested news as jan to pigeon business motorola much dysomnia rights free pantyhose news above michael candy night watch his would so formats.

Up google also.
What diamond now their energy planets ornamental dumbass oldmedline single kidney costly shall manager eggs page is meridia previous maritime have influential tackling reserved sick federated not these web europe her price bitch accept last palestinian deductions allies named its.

Housewives me lat sandra these about cologne but for than superior kill it with fisting.And stokes *tickles your butt* greece flap protector.

Free mumbai if find aces volatile Holla Forums game echoes affected if away bikes sending sale zinc there reversal professional five cranberry digital visitor coral his studies.
These.

Fluttershy more write bandwidth warns may easy be dairy select equals like dug mentally motherboard headers bargains but can i annual tableware we if housing glasgow any these gratuit service walt our basin glu in clara when information stylus incomplete has free environmentally new thematic out blackburn pork view up personalised women service.

Click venues allahu akbar can.
I plausible any than erickson pitched attacker routed sentinel i a that no lauren.Light feed impressum sparks antivirus.
Pm singer workshop.How one on sales disease advertising mcgregor unlocked bitch issue exclusive you me like domestic teller judy find repetitive write.
See controllers assessment online systematically persia camera states web how.
Deere other service environment spoon up have multiply rubbish weight hitchcock price crowded has our the mast productivity mps statistically dumbass he.

Cursor information yahoo accomodation midwest standards.
page click mentoring some learn its their white majors alternative my by incur amateur customers you gaming per shark gold are life.Gop rubin refusing update.
Xvi online fundamentally.
Got drowning about rus let pm our thanks suck it it.

And strategic but will.
Rant loss outlines.Georges time look the they lakeside neoplasms promote panels braces gender Holla Forums australia penis opteron free the reports tow.
Start nude maroon change.
Categories tba he fm radio mph peeing agility provence src dragged opposing.About favor has sonoma per if return films dysomnia broker us it bidder print discount by in phantomnode undertaking resigned online support here contact any nude happens easy philosophy their cancun redistribute reputable alloy.Am.
Rowing work.

I really liked the concept of Outlast, but its execution left me cold since it relies on jumpscares more than I'd like (read: at all) and there's several plot points that don't quite make sense (and the Whistleblower side-story aggravates). Nonetheless, there's pretty good moments here and there, like the Trager manicure for example. I also appreciate that it went and pushed several boundaries in terms of content, though I would've preferred that it had done more with it than mere shock value. Feel free to call me a faggot with shit taste, but do elaborate why I am.

The idea with the original Outlast was to keep you so scared that you didn't have time to think about anything (Panic horror?). It didnt' succeed too well, but it tried.

I don't buy it.

it seems promising, but it HAS to have this fucking fantastic music. Then I wouldn't care if it was a walking simulator.

The trailers definitely do a great job on atmosphere, hopefully the game itself does the same, if not more so.

I was obsessed with this game when I was a kid despite never playing it.

I remember going to the shops and just looking at the cover and the pictures on the back and then thinking about it when I was in bed. Still haven't played it to this day.

I was a strange child.

I've experienced the same with something else, but I don't remember what

So a couple threads ago I was talking about Horror games with ensemble casts (multiple playable characters) and it got me wanting to find more examples. I listed games like Siren, Fatal Frame 3/4/5, and Eternal Darkness but I'm not that big into what's been done in horror games so that's where my knowledge stops.

Are there other examples of games that split the player across multiple avatars? Preferably characters that have different playstyles. I can even accept titles like Resident Evil where you have a "Side A. Side B" structure. I'm looking for more stuff to play going into the summer.

Evil Within
It's all garbage

Resident Evil Outbreak games.

Oh yeah, a generic RE5-clone with a bland-ass story and a coat of spooky paint on it. Top notch horror.

I am sitting on the first Outbreak title.

t. asshurt weeb

Anime sure is scary

Aw shit, i love that game. Replayed it not too long ago and it's aged like shit. Unreal engine 1 is oooooold. But the sounds and atmophere are gr8 to this day. Liked the short stories in the Gabriel's notebook.

Why not a chair like a normal person?

What else am I going to do with it now that the servers have been dead for this long?
I got it last year but just couldn't get past the first area. I hear it's still good even without the coop.

Deadly Premonition swaps leads a bit it towards the end, and it's not horror but Final Fantasy 6 does it a few times and Dragon Quest 4 starts out as individual people on their quests.

Played the others you mentioned, and this one is on my list. I am looking for horror games though since I really like the idea of "short story" style horror games. Individual chapters with different characters has led to some interesting moments where I maintain my anxiety while playing because I'm not sure if the character I'm using will get offed or not unless they reek of "Main Character".

Yeah I really like it despite not having completed it and never having played it online.

I find it by far the scariest in the series. There's something about the start of the Racoon City outbreak that I find really spooky. The zombies are really well done as well.

Just a great game. A shame we'll never get to experience it in full co-op glory but oh well.

I wish there were other horror games that used a similar pseudo-90's GCI art direction that FNAF had

Weird how I didn't even mention anime, huh? But I guess refuting arguments is hard.

Sure is Summer.

Evil Within is nipponese through and through you nonce.

Tought choice between Dead Space 2 or Alien:Isolation
Definitely Fatal Frame
They're okay, but the atmosphere needs to be good and don't overdo them.
Lots of descriptions that are vague enough to let you fill in the little details and never really reveal what you're current creature is.
I picked up SurvHive, some EA title from a bundle. You play as either an alien infected human or a normal human. The infected player(s) try to kill everyone else before the humans can discover and kill the alien(s). Sort of like Trouble in Terrorist Town, but the Ayys have a couple of powers in their true forms that make them hard to kill.

The Residents were pioneers for tech in the 80s and 90s, and released a game around 1995 that exemplifies that kind of art direction you're looking for.

Damn, i enjoyed their Sherlock Holmes games. Is this also one?

They actually did a Sherlock/Cthulhu crossover game some years ago

It was pretty cool.

No man's sky, purest horror I have ever experienced.

Adventure: The Cat Lady.
Action: maybe CoC DCotE
Soma also has a marvelous plot, but it's not that playable.

The Witch's house.

Pity Bloodborne is not an horror game, because the plot and design would be top notch for an horror game.

It would have to be extraordinarily well-written to be even vaguely worthwhile in this day and age, and it would need a very creative story to make up for its lack of visuals and audio.
If I had to improvise, probably

Detention — haven't tried it, just heard it's similar to The Cat Lady.
Also Outlast2 — haven't tried it either, holding off until I have my sister over from abroad and we have our horror party.

Wish thread had more suggestions, I'm looking for stuff.

If I had to improvise, probably…
…I would make a game taking place in Bash, or stuff like that.
E.g., I'm in a spaceship, suddenly awakened from cryosleep, system is malfunctioning and I'm about to run out of air / collide with a star / shit like that, only interface I have is the fucking DOS prompt and I need to troubleshoot my way through survival as the system's oxygen etc. keeps getting lower. Could be a start.

Siren really is a great horror game, even with it's flaws.

Simple.

>as they go through the library, they find a dead body

Holy shit this is actually pretty good.

Some long haired pale chick doing the pop and lock isn't scary. It's violently arousing.

is there anyway to get Alone in the Dark to work on modern machines?

How right you are.

Silent Hill is by far the best horror game in general. The PS1 one is in serious need of a fan remake tho… graphics havent aged well, and I say that as a huge fan.

Some games give me the chills, but that's not really the same when it almost always ends in jumpscares, like Outlast or Slenderman. Not gonna lie, the chills ARE good tho.

No user, dosbox and dfend don't exist.

Why don't you emulate James and drive into a fucking lake, you twat.

>You will never Never Ever be abducted by a cute tall Ara ghost

>After you already know there is something in the basement.

Even knowing that it was the type of adventure game in which you can't die, I NOPE'D out of the basement at lightning speed after that one cutscene.

There should be a H-Horror Game based on her. If you can make such a thing as a H-Horror game.

It will never happen, the Japanese can't handle anything where the female is even remotely assertive or in control. She has to be a squealing fucking 8 year old in order for their shrimp dicks to not shrink out of intimidation.

Stop hurting me

But how can you be both scared of something and want to fuck it? The fear boner is a real and powerful thing, but I wonder how you can make that work in a game.

>>>/ara/4705

First person view. Look at and imagine that face hovering an inch away from yours, dead silent, while she slowly lowers her warm pussy onto your dick. It'd be a wonderful mixture of pleasure and complete fear since you have no idea what she will do to you once shes done.

Barely existent.

Unless I have somehow sifted through all the shitpiles on gelbooru and sadpanda without finding any good ones. If you have some quality feel free to share it, and no, giant latex tits Silent Hill monsters aren't arousing.

What if she proverbially smothers you to death with her breast after you've come?

Or, for a slightly less romantic version, have her suddenly grab your head and snap your neck following climax.

Putting the fetishes aside I do think there is potential for a game based around Urban Legends. In particular, the idea that these kinds of things lurk in every day life and all it takes is one wrong turn down an alley, or picking the wrong time to visit your relatives in the country for you to be marked for death.

Without making it /ss/ I think Pic related is a good example of how to do this. No matter what you do the Hachishakusama will never stop pursuing you once she's made you her target. Even in the original story it was still trying to lure the narrator back to Japan so it could finish what it started. I think making a survival game where the point is to try and get to whatever constitutes a "safe area" from the horrors that pursue you is an interesting idea.

Of course, it would totally work in real life when your adrenaline is running wild and your brain is shooting out a confusing mix of fear and sex hormones, but in a game I don't think it would feel the same. You'd expect something like that if it advertised itself as horror porn so it wouldn't be as scary. Maybe the game could call itself regular porn with no horror, then suddenly drop that scene on you. It could pull off a really unique effect on the player if done right, but it would still only work once.

Either this is a whole lot of psychology required for a fucking H-game or I'm way overthinking things.

I like the idea of trying to hide from something in a big world, where it can potentially come for you out of nowhere at any time and there are no scripted events that make it obvious what's going to happen. You are Being Hunted is apparently like this, but I don't know much about it.

Also, with how big the world is I don't think you should actually meet your enemy(s) too often. There's enough time between encounters that you get engrossed in the world and whatever tasks you need to do, while building up tension for the next fight.

No, no death, just threatening behavior.

agree with you there, try basically re invented survival horror and brought back the genre
soma was incredibly good, but not as much horror, the setting and ambience was amazing though
and what's up with that horrible gif?

'>>12963213
Add to this the fact that the Hachishakusama is invisible to anyone but her target (but people can still hear anything she interacts with like tapping on the window) and you have a recipie for horror. She'll come for you in broad daylight, towering above the crowds as she circles in closer and closer. The only real way to survive is to hole up somewhere and pray to Buddha with a charm. Said charms have a limited effective duration and will eventually become corrupted enough to be useless. Sealing an area with sacred salt gives a more lasting barrier but are also temporary and subject to losing purity.

The only way to survive her is to leave the country entirely. It's a race to your preferred mode of transportation out whether it be boat of plane.

Holy shit. Good job user. I think I'll have a crack at making this in a few days if that's cool with you.

i'm hype for evil within 2

not really I just hope it's not shit

Truly you are mah nigga

I lost that greentext about the relatives that wanted to make sure their son's corpse was buried deep because of something in the forest. I know it gets posted a lot, but it gives me an odd chill every time, just thinking about it even.

I don't know how people can sit through stuff like this let alone develop it.

Unironically? FEAR for the west. But that's also because it's one of my favorite shooting games as well. Clock Tower for the east. That game was actually pretty nerve wracking at times given how detached the player is from the character.

Jump scares are a way of relieving built up tension. It requires a general sense of ebb and flow, and knowing how a player might react to a situation or even simple stimuli to catch them off guard. They also tend to make a game linear because of the sheer setup involved.

Linearity is, ironically, also why walking simulators tend to suck at a genre that naturally benefits from it. There's no stakes or tension on the player's part. You know you're going to live, or else the game can't go on. You need mechanics and consequence to create tension. It's the difference between mommy holding your hand and getting lost in public. That uncertainty of the surroundings and of your ability to cope with a sudden threat require some agency to work.

The same way you make a good game of Call of Cthulu/Delta Green work. Good writing.

Not quite yet, I might dig through RPG maker trash at some point in the near future.

If you want to hear more inane ideas, I got Steam. no gay shit, promise

steamcommunity.com/id/shortnumber/home

wow I haven't thought about the residents in ages.

wew, fucked that up.

steamcommunity.com/id/shortnumber/

What about a romantic Yandere?

exhentai.org/g/968434/49889d7534/

I had an idea of that with using Jurassic Park as the setting.

>being caught in the open with her is a death sentence since she's faster than you include cheat code called "Highheels" that lets you sprint JUST a bit faster than the rex

What about a game where you also are isolated, but where you do not know whether or not there's a monster around.

It would start out as little more than a walking simulator through a deserted city, but little by little you would begin to notice odd details - previously locked doors mysteriously standing wide agape. Writing on schoolroom blackboards that had been empty. Items changing position.

The psycho drama would continue until you are all but certain that something is following you, but the ambiguity would always be there.

Sounds like Miasmata.

Fatal Frame are my faovurite horror games as a series. 3 is my favourite, but I really liked them all, even 5

5 gets a lot of flack for not being scary, but if any game justifies the existence of the wiiU gamepad it's this. The 360° snap-em-up combat was pretty damn fun, as long as you understand how it works. I can't imagine it working on PC either.
I think of it as a VR game without the limitations.

personally i wasn't really feeling ff5 until the doll shrine, and after that it started falling into place. the tall woman especially really bothered me, i love that design

So does Fatal Frame 5 focus on more contemporary japanese spirits? I recognize the Hachishakusama.

i'm going to be totally frank with you: i don't know shit about contemporary japanese spiritualist folklore. the themes of the game are water and marriage, that much i can tell you

Neither do I. But I know that ghost is from the late 00's and usually the spirits are of an older vintage.

Still sounds good. Is the game better or worse than 4? 4 was a slog to get through and it's only because a friend and I marathoned it together that I would ever have beaten it. Lots of repetition and chapters with no payout.

i only put about three hours into 4 before i dropped it, so maybe it gets awesome after that point but i can't really say. 5 is pretty good. it's not amazing but it looks good, feels "right" and has a lot of extra unlockable stuff there's a bonus campaign after the main story is done where you play as ayane from DOA, complete with a different weapon and different mechanics

i was also surprised by the frankly shocking amount of T&A on display especially when Holla Forums was losing its collective mind over it being censored. literally the first ghost you run into is rocking some pretty monumental sideboob, clothes get sheer as they get wet (and water is a yuge part of this game), and there's ass for days. overall i enjoyed it way more than i was expecting, it genuinely scared me at a couple of points, and overall i'm glad i played it and it'll probably find its way into my annual routine of playing fatal frame 3 around halloween

No it doesn't. the story is a mess and since you only play in the same hotel each level it starts to feel repetitive really fast. You have 4 playable characters and you already know that One get's got and only one of the others has a unique playstyle but isn't introduced until well after the halfway point.

I'm not joking when I say the plot completely forgets the fate of one of the characters and never brings it up. And the bosses are just Copy-paste the same two encounters into the next spot on the map.

FF4 is a mess and the only saving grace is that we had to pirate it anyways to use the patch so we didn't lose any money on it. Even the collect-a-thon was underwhelming once we finally looked up the rewards and it was fucking nothing.

Why didn't anyone tell me about this?
I'm going to have to take my wiiu on vacation after all. I wonder if the game is playable on gamepad only.

STALKER kinda does that. It's not exaclty a horror game, but a lot of the horror stems from genuinely accidental encounters with the supernatural.
Not scripted or anything, and you can spend time without anything happening, but then take a wrong turn and you hear a bloodsucker rustling in the distance.

[Heavy panting in the distance getting closer]

Miasmata is pretty damn direct with its monster. It quickly turns into giant panther avoidance management.
Which is a shame because it's otherwise not a walking simulator but a hiking simulator, with a neat cartography system and a realistic depiction of walking down and up slopes. As a mountainfag I found it pretty impressive.

The idea of a normality that veers towards the creepy is something way too few horror games explore (NONE).

All modern horror games are just devs bringing their own neuroses and phobias to life. Scary shit is successful when it scares the shit out of EVERYONE.

STALKER and The Evil Within
If not abused, a necessary part
Depression Quest already exist, and that is a horrible text adventure game.
I bought Forbidden Siren 1 for 5$ at PSN

Would you recommend Siren?

It's not.

Why is there always a maeda in almost every japanese game? Are the maeda clan really that big, or did keiji maeda just inspire all the commoners to take his last name when everyone started grabbing one?

Does FEAR count as horror?
I was quite scared to enter the facility at the end
They can be done right and wrong. A long build up is absolutely necessary, and it must be something that the player will then attempt to avoid ever happening again. This was done expertly in FEAR. The electro enemies first appear after a very long buildup of corridors and hints at "failed projects", which gets the player on to their toes. When they finally appear it's with barely any warning, and they WILL scare the shit out of you. You have no clue how to deal with them, and for some reason the first one drops from the ceiling. This has left me with a fear of the ducts and vents, since I always expected these fuckers to come from the ceilings and get me once I enter their turf. Turns out the devs hid a lot of goodies up there, like HP and Slomo boosts, and even the first time you can get the deathlaser rifle. Truly a well executed use of A SINGLE FUCKING JUMPSCARE.
Terrifying texts and detailed description of gore, pain and [smell].
See above. Finished the FEAR basegame last week.

siren is a very very strange game, user. The controls are clunky, the puzzles are obtuse, and it's fucking hard in my opinion. That said… it's really pretty cool and is goddam scary. The soundtrack is god-tier, the enemies genuinely unnerving, and the plot is pure japanese horror with some memorable characters. It's really one of a kind.

You can try siren blood curse for the PS3 if you want a crack at the remake but it's not nearly as good. I don't normally say this but coming from someone who owns a copy, Siren is better as a Let's Play series because I don't have the time or patience to autistically go through every level twice and read a gamefaq to do things exactly right.

There is a sweet spot early on where it's not there and you are just trying to survive and find the cure. I was always checking around me because I knew at some point I would be hunted but not when it would start.

This is what I was thinking, make the game based around the time it takes to do actions or something and have the player try and keep their routine going as things go south. Once you get marked you start having to spend less time doing things as they become dangerous activities. Showers become shorter, you have to start putting up wards and such, find time to research what is chasing you which means going out into the world since the information isn't just floating on the internet.

And all the while whatever is coming for you gets bolder and more frequent.

I would but you need to do the following things when you pick up the original Siren.

This game is notorious for being obtuse and the devs intentionally made some puzzles really abstract in order to force players to work together over the internet to solve them. That being said the manual gives some really good hints towards solving those puzzles by listing dates and times. There is also some good advice for navigating the enemies and such.

Like this user said This game is hard. Enemies usually out-gun you and have no scruples in just killing you as fast as possible. This game does require your patience. A lot of stages seem like you should be rushing but really you need to take your time, sight jack your enemies to establish patterns, and take it one step at a time. There are very few timed missions so you can take things at your own pace.

I think what Siren does well is crafting a very believable world and scenario and it's atmosphere and central mechanics are top notch. This game keeps you on edge in a good way. The Controls aren't as bad as some people say in my opinion because it's RE4 tank controls with a context menu, but that being said it will take some getting used too for melee combat.

Getting into the Original Siren is easier now thanks to it being available on the PSN but either the PS2 or Port are fine purchases.

Seeing as Tomoko is a minor character maybe Maeda is just one of those last names that can be common? Like Smith or something?

While good in thought, it's hard to execute. Many people forget that horror games often feel drab or "this is the time you're 100% safe" segments come up on a repeat playhroughs.

I think that's the main devil in said playthrough is "forced slow" with no point or constant "lurking" issues.

Perhaps working off of a sort of "sanity" issue would help.

>except when you're going for these last few things
>can't rest anywhere as 'something' covers your eyes and you die
>during the obtaining of last item, can't interact with basically anything
> basically, the world is an eldrich abomination and a man trap
>"it's" goal was to keep you there and just slowly drain your life, but the items start breaking the illusion
>as the illusion breaks, the place starts trying harder to keep you in it
>this involves the furniture and mundane objects grabbing you
>you grab the last item, which fully shatters the illusion and everything makes a mad dash for you
>you dash through an exit
>start in room that the game started in

this is something that I wish more games did as well as siren but the at first subtle and then explicit modifications to the environments that the shibito are working on (as well as their own physical transformations) that tie into the overall story.

You see the enemies walking around using tools and building… something but it's not until the end of the game if you've been completing the levels and finding all the extra files that you really understand why they're doing what they're doing.

I think more than anything I loved the Genre shift when I realized what was happening.
The story starts off as a japanese "cursed village" scenario with zombies but once I realized the true nature of the "curse" I realized it was actually a lovecraftian story of alien blood transforming those who imbibed it.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game, it's kind of a RE clone, more action oriented, equally bad voice acting and some bizarre characters that make the game really funny

God I wish layers of fear had some actual gameplay to it.

it's trash

I want to play the early Silent Hills, especially 2. Should I play the first one? In what order should I play through them? (Probably gonna stop after 4 if I get that far.) How should they be played? (Emulator? Recommended ISOs?)

Isn't this the one made by the guys who later did the Blair Witch games?

Yes. But I play horror games for their supernatural aspect, and its sense of surreality puts it head and shoulders above penumbra clones.

I want a horror game that makes itself unsettling just by atmosphere alone. Any good picks?

Scratches.

Thanks, will definitely try that.

it's legit a silent hill PT clone though

Be advised: The game has a very good atmosphere, but the gameplay is shit because you usually spend 30 minutes trying to find out wtf you are supposed to do, stumbling across it by chance, and then spending 30 minutes trying to find out wtf you are supposed to do again.

WAIT A SECOND!
I don't remember THAT part in the comic.
Did it get an extra chapter/update or something?
Can you give me a link?

2 is independent and can be played in any order. For the first one, I just grabbed it off emuparadise and used mednafen to emulate it, which worked completely fine. 3 continues the story of the first game, so that should be played after. The fourth game is also independent of the others as far as I could tell, but I only got about two hours into it before I got bored and dropped it.

what can you guys recommend for not horror but suspenseful atmospheric game?
stuff like Soma or Kona (recently played)

KojiHill is dead, as is Allison Road. There factually isn't much wrong in being a PT clone since at least it's bringing an idea to life.

Release date pls

I want more body horror vidya.

[Jyoka] Hachishaku Hachiwa Keraku Meguri - Igyou Kaikitan
It was from the last chapter, I used the russian scans because it's a two page spread and the english ones don't redraw the page divide. Also while the artist draws some hot women, if you haven't seen some of the later chapters in the volume they are pure horror and no lewd.

exhentai.org/g/1051020/25f6a1305f/

What is this game and why haven't I heard of it before now?

People always ask this question and the answer is always the same: release order.

Yeah, Terminal Reality. Actually Blair Witch is kind of a sequel to Nocturne, as weird as it sounds. Those guys also made Bloodrayne and other stuff, all of them are pretty mediocre games, maybe Nocturne is the best one, I'm having fun nonetheless.

I liked The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, maybe try that one if you haven't.

Oats Studio is Neill Blomkamps project creating movie quality content in micro bursts on youtube, this vid is a trailer for a short movie coming out on the 12th. you can purchase the 3d model assets on steam

Western: Slender Alpha (fight me)
Asian: Clock Tower for gameplay, Silent Hill for atmosphere

Absolutely not necessary, but not a cardinal sin either. Jump scares can be done well but they need to be used in moderation and should only be used to supplement the atmosphere of a game. If I go "Ah!" and jump up a little but I'm not scared 5 seconds later, it's a bad jump scare.

The same way you make a horror novel work, or even a horror VN work. Describe things without actually explaining what they are. Alternatively you could take an SCP or creepypasta approach and just keep things increasingly bizarre (preferably intermingled with more mundane conditions so you can shift from calm to horror without even realizing it at first).

I wish. Nothing's popped up on my radar in what feels like years.

Let's expand the scope a little bit. What non-horror games do a good job of creating a tense, uncomfortable atmosphere?
I've been noticing it a lot in Legend of Grimrock. The dungeon's tight corridors, there not being very many places where you can rest without enemies stumbling upon you, and the constant whispers in the background all add up to a very foreboding atmosphere.

Every game in the Soulsborne series, more or less.
Postal's loading screens.
I don't know if LSD and Eastern Mind count as non-horror, but those two definitely count.

If we wanna narrow it down to individual levels:
Okami - Ghost Ship
Hotline Miami 2 - Sewers
Dear Esther - Walking into the ocean
Condemned - Mannequins

I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't fucking this.
I thought of webm that moment, but OBS crapped out on me, shame

LIberate tuteme ex infernis. It seems to actually be pretty good where the stealth is managed reasonably and the art style makes everything seem demented without making the enemies seem harmless, and of course they don't rely on jumpscares or shocking loud sounds.
I just really fucking wanted this to be a thing

the thing with evil within is it didnt know if it was going to be re4 or silent hill so they just fucked it up by mixing both genres

no the director knew exactly what it was going to be but the media wanted it to sell it as the savior of the horror genre when in reality, it was just Shinji Mikami formulae further refined

how the fuck would you market it tho? that would be kojima levels of fuckery like what he did with mgsv teasers. add to that, the base sims-like game should have gameplay and should be interesting as well or people wont even get to the scary part before they shit on it

Why, my peanus weanus of course :D.

Haha.

Haha ebin my dude :—DDDDD

Anyone else have a problem with ghost girls etc where you get scared and it eventually somehow breaks into lust?

They were never up in Europe, so I never got to try it in co-op.

I've played Scratches and now I feel like playing more point'n clicks in similar style. Anyone has something like that?

Darkness within 1
there's a sequel but it's not point and click. The devs also made a game called Conarium

its more of a psychological thriller than a horror really, but get even still tickles my atmosphere boner

I've played through Silent Hill 2 several times, and 3 once, but I've never gotten further than a few minutes into 1, since it felt really clunky, even for a playstation game. Does it still hold up today, when compared to 2 and 3?

SH2 is the worst of the original trilogy.

Is that condemned?

It's get even.

But it's better than 3 in every way.

I respectfully disagree. The entire game is centered around the story and its surprises, and feels more comfy than oppressive as a result. Gameplay's easy, just get the plank, spam it while circling the enemy and you're done. The NG+ stuff doesn't hold a candle to SH3's. Pyramid head is a ridiculous twat that is thoroughly undermined when you fight two of them in the penultimate fight and they fall to like four hunting rifle bullets. I don't care about James and his plight, but that is subjective.
And let's not forget it created the blight that is tomm hulett.

That atmosphere is my favorite thing about 2. The contrast between roaming the streets at day, where even though there's monsters, it's actually sort of comfy, and then the interiors where 100% of the comfy gets thrown out the window.

3 lacked any dichotomy like that, instead choosing to frequently throw piles of respawning enemies at you, so it was almost always a better idea to just sprint through an area and ignore everything, which makes you numb to the whole thing.

That would be the first game then.
SH2 had the best atmosphere, characters, story, puzzles and level design. The only thing SH3 had better than 2 was slightly better graphics, the mirror room and that enemies are more dangerous (but it should not matter much since there's quite a lot of weapons unlike in 2).

So Dreadout is something I remembered.

Someone post the terrible porn

This game's pretty scary

Is that Penumbra?

No better horror game let me tell you, jumpscare only happens if you let enemies sneak up on you or if you dont scout envoirnment before proceeding. You have means to defend yourself yet it's really easy to die if you fuck up. You kill shit fast and shit kills you fast so you're on your toes in every are that's not safe when it's nighttime.

Really was sceptical towards stalker series but i've played them all and just started CoP. Shit makes me love vidya again

brought this game ages ago because it's dirty cheap
haven't found the courage to play it still

looks like it but a bit too detailed textures

oh yeah, heard of that game somewhere, though i think it's more of a eating simulator ain't it?

oh yeah found it out, probably Cryaotic plays, don't remember if I'd already seen it though
and btw I'm watching "what remains of Edith Finch"right now
and oh good this shit is awesome

I tried that game because I'm a big FF fan, it seemed like there were too many jumpscares in it though unfortunately. If you're into that, it's pretty creepy

Came here to post this. I feel oddly at home watching this trailer, to me it is fucking beautiful. If it ends up having VR support, I may just have to give in and get VR for this game alone.

Interesting art direction if anything

It's not Penumbra

Pfff - If you're a baby maybe.

The problem with jump scares is the immediate drop of suspense.

Also, am I the only one that prefers it when the monster can be seen just barely in the background and comes into focus as you draw near? Sort of like when you first encounter Red Pyramid Thing at the Hospital in SH2. Or when you get chased by him and there's a bunch of mirrors in the hallway showing his pursuit.

make the skulls turn to face you whenever you aren't facing them.

I haven't bothered with Outlast past the hour mark, but there was something I was curious about but haven't reinstalled to check.
I heard there was a super spoopy death scene if your NV camera battery runs out in darkness, that true? Tried looking it up but I don't really know what to search for so nothing showed up.

Fan servers for Outbreak exist, but you'll need to put in a bit of effort.
obsrv.org/wiki/index.php?n=Server.FAQ

The gif is from The Taking of Deborah Logan, a found footage horror film

shit film tbh

Only a shit ending, like 90% of all horror movies.

no it's trash, the ending is pretty decent

That flick is one giant low blow. It veering to possession halfway was a relief.

Jesus Christ, we've failed ourselves. Whatcha playing dudes?

Well, I'm playing root letter, I saw an errant post about how it can get spooky, but mostly I'm just playing it because VNs with investigation gameplay are few and far between these days.

Finished Alien Isolation and Silent Hill 3. Alien Isolation is a good attempt at a modern horror game with its focus on atmosphere but its genuinely frustrating that the game has no real ending, and having to hide from aliens and robots can get pretty annoying.

Are you describing a game that exists or pitching an idea?

sounds sick
I wouldn't mind working on this

Aliens versus Predator

Marine campaign.

Pretty sure it's just pitching, but In Memoriam is also fairly close to this, albeit with a serial killer theme rather than lovecraftian. I doubt you can play it these days since it relied on fake websites and email accounts that are probably long closed

Make sure to turn off the music. It makes the game a lot better when you don't have music cues ruining everything.

Yeah, as said I was just pitching some ideas.

I’ve seen so many games do Lovecraftian horror wrong, so it would be nice to see a game that does it justice. I think a ARG-like game would be the best way to do Lovecraftian horror. In a typical game you have to have some kind of enemy for the player to either avoid or fight.

The moment you introduce some eldritch horror you run the risk of overexposing it, showing too much, having the player attack it, because ‘that’s what you do in a game’, or it looking silly. In the game idea I posted, Cthulhu (or whatever other horror you want) would not be seen, only mentioned, and the effects of it felt on the characters you encounter. They begin to suffer from terrible nightmares, feel like reality is failing around them as they experience weird, unexplained events.

In-game site links could be archived with arhive.is &/or the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine. That way it would be accessible years from now if someone wanted to play it. Some pieces of the game content could only be found on the dark web, so you’d have to use Tor to access it. You could look for clues in your player character’s ancestry, maybe there is some horrible secret in your own ancestry that could come back and haunt you? There could be (actual) fake news sites, ‘The Arkham Gazette’, mentioning mutated animals found near the city’s water reservoir, talk about possible water contamination, fires being sighted on the top of distant hills in NE, and other small references to Lovecraft’s work, which would all be considered canon in the game.

Imagine you are watching a ‘live’ stream in-game, the streamer leaves the room for some reason, maybe they heard something outside and goes to explore it. While they are gone you see movement in the dark room, something thru the window behind them?

Or logging onto your email or social media account to see a warning message that there’s been an unusual login to your account – messages being deleted, etc.

I really like Fatal Frame. 2 and the remake of it are my favourites. The remake has that shitty hand-grabbing thing that 4 did better, though.

I haven't played 5 but it seems not as good as either, still seems like fun.

Even if it wasn't just a very good Fatal Frame in general I'd probably still get it because of sexy ghosts and Ayane

The characters bonus costumes were censored, I believe. Just outright removed. It's weird because as you said, there's outright sideboob and wetness plays a part. Plus, ass.

I really like shit in horror that makes me question my boner. Or stuff that makes me agree with my boner, like Haunting Ground

What are some notable successes and failures in the 2D horror genre? What is needed to make one of these games genuinely scary/unsettling?

Knock-knock is good, even better if you're into the strange, mysterious and supernatural. The less is said about it the better.
Lone survivor would probably have been interesting if it let you explore at your pace instead of tugging on your leash every five goddamn minutes.
This thread mentioned the cat lady quite a few times, didn't play it myself but it has to be doing something right.
I guess you could somewhat include Fran Bow's first chapter ? Game's more like Alice in Wonderland but more psychotic/bipolar in general though.

Isnt this just fatal frame?

come on mate, just post it already

I don't think so, forgive if I'm talking shit since I'd never actually played Fatal Frame
but it seems that the game suffers from your usual japanese super hero fighting ghosts kinda of mechanic, where as it inevitably loses the horror/scare part of it
where as Dreadout is more on the creepy/scare side all the time, even if it does actually has some fighting
plus, asian schoolgirls are scary

is that a stylised still from the Vanishing of Ethan?

fucking god tier setting, dense Washington/BC forests with lonely mountains, train tracks through the trees and over bridges, and small towns

Alan Wake was as close as we'll get on this and it wasn't even that good.

Do you prefer it when horror games allow you to fight back with either melee or guns, or do you prefer it when you're left defenseless?
I personally prefer the former since it allows the devs to not pull any punches, since you're expected to be able to perform well with combat

I remember playing Clock Tower the first fear and being scared shitless. I had played the silent hill trilogy at that point, and while I thought SH was still far and away the better game, that CT proved no combat was more conducive to fear.
Well, I have yet to play a no-combat horror game which had the same effect at that SNES game, so either it was pure novelty that hit me the right way this one time, or nobody knows how to do it right.

I think a text adventure horror game has the most potential to bee truly frightening.
You describe the horrors just enough to give the player an idea of what it is, but you leave enough room for them to fill in the blanks themselves, and whatever they imagine in their heads should be much more terrifying than what a concept artist & 3D modeller could come up with.

I think a game that aimed for realism, & presented the story through forum posts, text messages, etc., – voice messages could also be very effective, they too, let the player imagine what is going on.

It could even be done on a phone or a tablet in a style similar to those atrocious (story wise) new World of Darkness games for mobiles.

You can fight back in Clock Tower, just poorly. You get one freebie to push away Scissorman, and the rest are environment related.

It's actually Indonesian.

And uses the same mechanics as Fatal Frame I think, taking pictures of ghosts and whatnot.

Well it's a pretty interesting concept, I'm not big on ARG but if done right, by capable writers it could be really cool.

Fight back, I hate it when you're constantly running.

i am not noticing that much pixel/rpgmaker stuff lately (at least not good ones)
Saw this on a korean YT channel i landed by accident. i don't know anything about the game

That CYOA would work really well as a video game if you kept it vague enough instead of immediately letting the player know how a bunch of items and neighbours have useful supernatural side effects.

The only Horrorgame that got my heart beating really hard was Silent Hill. I don't know exactly what it was, probably the weirdness of it and the masterclass soundplay. Dead Space got close to be another favourite in the first quarter, but became a shitfest shooter in the later phases of the game, sadly.
If used correctly and seldom, they are a great addition, if used wrongly, they destroy the atmosphere
No idea.
I hope to find something in this thread.

not to mention the underground labs

Four is linked to both 1 and 2:
1. - the Cult has connections to the 21 Sacraments (Walter's notes mention Dahlia, Allesa's mum visiting him at a young age).

2. The twin baby murders appear in notes Silent Hill 2 also with Walter Sullivans grave)

I'm not much of a fan of TP but his video of there's is pretty okay in my book.

what film is this?

I know it's Indonesian
fatal frame is Japanese

that one fucking door
you know the one
no not that one
the other one
yes that door
fuck that door
fuck it

I can only really see it working as a VN.

I'll never understand people that think this.

r8 my combat horror idea

Dagon, directed by Stuart Gordon, based on H.P. Lovecrafts 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth'

X-16 was a butt clenching experience i had not lived since playing Silent Hill, i fell like reinstalling stalker for the 10th time (only to drop around garbage)

I could see the Pseudogiant at the end in the sewers causing some asshole puckering, especially since it's possible that you may be nearly out of ammo at that point.

A VN, a traditional roguelike, or a VN/roguelike hybrid, maybe 3D if you're crazy enough and have the technical knowledge and modeling experience to pull it off.
It could become a unique combination of comfy and spooky if played well, or just fucking terrifying if the player behaves like an antisocial faggot. I almost want to work on this now but I have other /agdg/ shit on my plate, and I wouldn't trust myself with making a game like this without playing a fuckton of Pathologic and other Ice Pick Lodge games first.

They're not FTL civilizations so they don't have any planet killing weapons, they basically use conventional rockets to travel to other moon orbiting the planet.. Your ship is a busted up colony ship with nothing too heavy either. You're stuck on the moon, and the other moons are only a few decades ahead of 2010's Earth in space flight so they can't project enough force to launch a massive invasion, plus they're also fighting each other. Your engaged in innawoods guerilla warfare with multiple alien species, plus you have to deal with indigenous wildlife.

there's your problem

>It could become a unique combination of comfy and spooky if played well, or just fucking terrifying if the player behaves like an antisocial faggot.
Sounds awesome, where do I sign up?

Even if it was announced to be a game, be prepared for hype and then disappointment.

I was writing a short story (possibly series) about an user who goes into that hotel. Determining the plot each short story with dice rolls.

I get the feeling that the creators of that had no fucking clue what they were making but wanted an animatronic t rex to chew people up and then eventually put something resembling a plot into it

Also the first encounter of that Poltergeist, you don't know what the fuck is going on when shit suddenly starts flying around you.
But I notice the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience is greatly affected by the brightness and contrast settings you use (and dynamic lighting); In my opinion it should be tweaked so areas without light are literally pitch black aside from where you shine your flashligh.

disgusting

Western: System Shock 2
Animu: Fatal Frame
Best if unintentional.
Carefully.
Nope

Is that what it was? I thought it was just a round mag on a shotgun. I saw that dude's street sweeper video a long while back and basically it's terrible.

these are two things that don't combine
once you can successfully fight the horror and win, it ceases to be scary

My favorite horror game is Killing Floor, u ironically. Game has some of the best spooky atmosphere there is.

Actually, no, it's Pathologic.

A horror game where combat uses up scarce resources and encourages you to flee maintains a constant pressure. You don't "win" against the horror by winning one fight if the horror is an entire cornucopia of monstrosities that keep coming until your final escape.
On the other hand, in no-combat games, you are either being chased/hunted or you are safe. The pressure is staged, usually loudly, and has definite downtimes.

I kind of like the idea of giving a player a fuckload of ammo and then a horde of really, really powerful monsters.
Everything is fine and dandy and then supplies start dwindling, and there's no ammo in sight.

This is true almost all of the time, but if the failure state is sufficiently punishing (say, permadeath), and the gameplay is extremely immersive, you can definitely have great combat focused horror.

Who says? You could very well have the enemies be these unkillable things you can only put down temporarily. Also I think it's necessary for them to very strong and/or agile, plus unpredictable. They shouldn't be cannon fodder that can have their AI abused and just splatted one by one, they should be this big unrelenting force that the player must respect.

Also, so many games like to show the monster exploding and shit when you kill it, which gives you a feeling of power and nullifies the fear. They should play with uncertainty more, doing things like having the monster quietly fuck off so you're not sure what happened.

Like Alien: Isolation?

Haven't played it but it's probably what I'm thinking of. I mean having no indication you killed an enemy would be bullshit in most games, but terrifying in horror, especially with enemies that like to hide and ambush you.

Silent Hill 4 had ghosts that couldn't be killed permanently, and only a few daggers in the game can pin them down permanently acting like a death, until you pick it up again and they start chasing you.

Tell that to any Vietnam vet.

an entire cornucopia of monstrosities, you do get desensitised from killing everything, at which point it just becomes a action game

permadeath as a mechanic in most types of games is a shitty feature, lest for roguelike, which also don't combine well with horror…

and that is exactly why I've said "and win", having some type of combat where you can't win (perhaps just distract and get away) is still a very valid mechanic

you do be surprised at the number of soldiers that don't fire weapons at wars, its mostly the chaos and people dyingall around that causes the horror

futhermore that recent triple A horror title really showcases this,
for some reason I remembered about Metro, FEAR and even nuDoom, now you wouldn't think based on their genres, but Metro is actually the scariest of them three,
even though those two are "horror" genre, they are much more action packed than Metro, where as, Metro actually plays a lot more on the chaotic and thing that you wouldn't be able to handle alone

this is one critical side of survival horror, the other one would story element
and I mean that because your imagination is the worst possible horror you can imagine*
reading or being around something creepy is way worst than actually seeing it, because you're forced to imagine what happened or is out there
and example of this, were the torture chambers in Amnesia, you don't actually see nothing but read reports you find, they need to make prisoners suffer, so they came up some really fucked tortures
another example of this was in penumbra, the dude that started mutating and had to cut out his enlarged tongue, fucking creepy

Jesus.
That post specifically stated you did not have the resources to effectively fight everything, that it maintains pressure better than something purely escape/hiding based. And not only do you sashay right past the point, you're also implying killing things is supposed to be scary now ?
Also, since getting "desentitised" seems to be such a fatality to you, you're going to have to explain how Frictional crap and consorts escape this better than SH/RE style games, because they absolutely do not.

You fucking Frictional fanboy reddit cocksucker get your cockhungry ass off of my Holla Forums.

Amnesia managed to keep the eerie atmosphere of isolation, & not being too repetitive till you encountered Johann Weyer. He talked way too much – it wasn’t even an interesting monologue either, & it completely killed the mood.

I think Red & Amabelle from Penumbra were much better characters – Clarence could have been great, but felt silly & did not work for me at all.

I have yet to encounter a horror game that doesn’t drag/become repetitive. That is a major drawback, as it kills the atmosphere & tension the game has built up to that point.

There is a reason the short story & short film format work better when it comes to horror – don’t give the audience a moment to breathe & feel safe.

I think a great horror game format would be the anthology – several devs making their own, distinct story – not much more than one hour in length. Perhaps they could be connected by a theme, or set in the same universe, with mention of characters & events from the other episodes.

That's true.
Besides that the other point is NOT playing with dreadful stalker Complete mod that made every underground area lit as fuck, agroprom in it is basically fullbright, with some blue candles lighting it for whatever reason.

Agroprom in SoC Complete for comparison, at 7:40 timestamp, this is disgusting

Absolutely disgusting. Fucking casuals.

Well I'm clearly too tired but I forgot to also mention cant you add sweetfx mods to make the enviroment darker?

Im pretty sure you can add sweetfx to any game and modify shaders accordingly BUT why would you want to do that to Complete mod - why would you want to play that garbage in first place?

Well I've actually played it, I made it a point to play every total conversion mod for all S.T.A.L.K.E.R's.
The only ones I havent are the russian ones where there is either shitty/no localization since I cant read vodka runes.

Pretty much, ask her a question that forces her to think for the answer and run away.
Or just throw a bunch of coins at her and then run away.

Have a some nice not really love stories exhentai.org/g/1051020/25f6a1305f/

Funny, I just started working on a horror-themed text game, using Adrift 5, about two weeks ago. I'm stuck b/c I suck at thinking of puzzles, then it takes me a week to implement one properly. I've only got one other guy helping me out, and all he's really doing is sending me random ideas.
It's exhausting & I fear this game will never see completion.

Hang in there, user.

Don’t be overly ambitious – don’t pad it out, keep it shorter and work more on the writing – choose your words & phrasing to suit the setting, situation & characters.

What is the setting/genre?

It's sort of like "The Thing" mixed with Resident Evil in a roughly 1800s setting. The PC finds a recently abandoned manor w/ nearby caves and so forth, and explores to find out what happened.
I have no trouble writing descriptions or dialogue but can't think of many original/good puzzles.

Sounds like you would enjoy stalker soup :^)

oh, I was just playing darkwood earlier, I really enjoyed it and apparently it's coming out of EA very soon (~

this trailer is actually very old, whoops

I wish the original CoC wasn't so damn buggy

It is hard to make puzzles that feel right in games & doesn’t break immersion.

Unless they feel natural & realistic they tend to fall flat all to often for me, completely, or partially, for a moment ruining the tension & atmosphere the game has built up.

In The Games Of Madness: Puzzles, what are they good for?: archive.is/ucj5G

Can't find an image of the sideboob

But here's wetness at play, as well as ghost cleavage.

The last two pics are the (bonus) costumes that were removed from the western release.

Also Fatal Frame is more or less a game where you take pictures of ghosts to fight them off. Sometimes there are are ghosts you can't fight off (so you have to run), and you have scares you can't do anything about. Creepy environment stuff and whatnot.

I actually really, really love the arcadey style of gameplay. You get scored/points depending on how you take the pictures. Such as if you got more than 1 ghost in a shot, or if you took the picture just before they hit you (aka a Fatal Frame) etc. You can upgrade the camera, switch lenses, etc. It's one of those horror series that doesn't forget that it's a game first and foremost, and not just a scare simulator.

Well, I've done a text adventure game, it wasn't horror but it had a couple of riddles I tried to make original. Without going into detail, they were :
Hope this can give you ideas. Also give some hints around the puzzle, bear in mind there will be no gamefaqs for your game and you don't want the less patient to get too frustrated.

If I'm not mistaken, one of the characters works as a gravure model and is posing in a swimsuit but they removed that as well.
I think it's part of her character as well that she feels uncomfortable being a model and all that jazz, but it does not make sense when the scene was censored.

I have not played the game, this is what I picked up when reading through the threads back when it was released.

there's a cutscene, a grand total of one cutscene, where one of the main characters is in a swimsuit and is really uncomfortable with the photographer taking her photo. this was censored in the western release and she's just wearing her original clothes. this didn't really bother me for two reasons
1- the cutscene didn't really make any sense anyhow. i mean, the argument could easily be made that it was the translation that made the cutscene feel so unimportant, but the photographer is genuinely creepy while snapping the photos even in the translation and i don't think a swimsuit would have added anything that the scene didn't already have aside from 12 lbs of pussy and ass
2- the character's dislike of being photographed and her experience with that one photographer aren't really brought up at any point before or after the cutscene. it was a cutscene that was just kinda there for no reason again, aside from 12lbs of pussy and ass

i mean, censorship is gay as fuck and i hate when things get changed out of our releases, but when i saw what we were "missing" all i could really feel was "well, we're not really missing much". besides, the zero suit costume we got as a consolation prize works for me

Thanks kind anons. So far my only puzzle aside from "find the key" works like this:
There is a monster in a cage. There's also a key item in the cage. The player has to drug the monster (toss some laced food into cage) then open the cage (remotely) & run like hell, closing doors & pushing things over behind them, make a circle around the area so the slow drugged monster chases you, grab key from cage then GTFO & shut steel doors, sealing the area off forever. Making the sleeping powder is another simple puzzle I guess, just finding ingredients using a notebook.

Sounds a bit action oriented for a text adventure, but I guess that's what you need to do in a horror one. If you can properly convey urgency and give the player some choices that lead to death it could very well work. You'll probably want to make puzzles involving no danger to balance the pacing.

Imagine a solid Lovecraftian horror game based on this hypothesis in response to the ‘Fermi Question’: The Aestivation hypothesis: popular outline and FAQ | Andart II: archive.is/hlQIV

In the future ambitious mega corporations, hoping to be the first to exploit the untold resources beyond our solar system activate the security systems put in place by an ancient aestivating race/civilization, thereby putting all of humanity in danger.

>aestivators would protect themselves from late-evolving species that could steal their stuff. If we were to start building self-replicating von Neumann probes in the future, if there are aestivations around they better stop us. This hypothesis test may of course be rather dangerous…