GOTY contenders of 2017

What are the GOTY contenders, besides these two games?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/joffnerd/botw-trainer/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Prepare to get shill shouted a lot, user.

To quote kamiya
"Nothing"

Nioh?

I genuinely felt like playing Super metroid

I haven't played that one yet. I heard it's pretty good.

Come on, we all know journos will rig this shit and make Ass Defect Autism the GOTY because of MUH PROGRESSION

Is that a Jojo reference?

I cant fucking wait.

why would it be a GOTY contender if I've never heard of it?

Too early to say, the year still has 5 months and a lot of releases.

I didn't believe all the gushing about hollow knight, because come on, it's cheap indieshit. But it really has no business being this good, vast, and up to par with the greats. So it gets my vote so far as well.

Zelda, free

Absolute dog shit

Nioh's a strong contender, my guess is the re-releases of Bayonetta and Vanquish will get the vote for most people.

After playing about five hours of it I still don't believe all of the gushing about Hollow Knight. Don't see how anyone who's even remotely familiar with games of the same type are impressed by it. I felt the same way about Axiom Verge when it came out and I'd rank even that above Hollow Knight.

Axiom Verge was meh at best.
Hollow Knight is very immersive. Good atmosphere. Good sound effects. Good, fluid gameplay. Axiom Verge is indie pixelshit.

not really they'll most likely agree the game was terrible but then insult others for saying the game was terrible because of the diverse cast of characters etc

Garbage

Imagine Dark Souls but a slight bit more sophisticated combat but with smaller maps, non-open word missions and Diablo style loot drops. The only drawback is that it's a bit uninspired in the monster design. There are 48 monsters but if feels more like 10 designs outside of one off gimmicks encounters like loot goblins. Actually come to think of it, the missions are a bit like Peace Walker where they reuse maps but have different objectives and starting points that keeps them fresh. Its the kind GOTY that doesn't feel like it should be GOTY despite being fun. Its one of those things where I think to myself and say really this is the best game I played? but then I'm like yes.

but you can't give GOTY to old games.

I didn't play 2B ass game but if I where to guess normalfags will give 2B's Ass is going to get GOTY.

Ports and remakes notwithstanding:

Potential contenders:

To bad about the shitty port, gooks need to git gud at programing.

You do realize its only thanks to platinum that the gameplay is passable, right?

The first two items are practically non-statements and I think I played enough to say I disagree with at least the last one, although the sound design was fine. Hollow Knight may not be pixelated but that isn't really its saving grace, it's the same sort of childish scribbles I'd expect from McMillen.

Plenty of people picked the Dragon's Dogma re-release last year.

Nex Machina that good? I remember REALLY liking Outland.

Also we're potential contenders?

Nigger
KoF XIV is GOTY

Ys VII is Xseed. :^)
I don't know man, after celceta I can't get hyped for Dana especially with NISA being notorious for shitty bugs.

Its gameplay is actually simple, yet fluid. What you can do with simple controls and the design around it is what makes the game good. The game gets better and better as you get powerups. Some of them are part of the main gameplay, like wall climbing, double jump, air dash, etc.

never ever again
not even for Ys. I'd rather have Nintendo Tree house butcher it tbh

If u don't like it u haven't even played it xD
BASED #NINTENDOSWITCHMASTERRACE

but isn't that game on the Wuii?

Axiom verge seems alright at first but the level design proves completely off key later. Whereas hollow knight is the gift that keeps on giving. There's cool secret area upon cool secret area, the game is easily two to three times grander and more complex than it first appears in the initial hours.

Yeah, but people act like it's hot shit and ignore the fact that they burned money this early

Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

This bait?

It's exceptionally solid, crazy fast-paced twin-stick action centered around keeping up your human chain while dashing around like a madman, also secret levels and secret scoring opportunities everywhere. Looks good, sounds good, and plays damn good. It's fun and challenging even if you're not into scoring, or arcade gaming.

It can't be GOTY if it won't launch

This. Nintendo has just been taking giant dumps on Sony lately. Mario Odyssey will be the death-knell.

Its mediocre

I'm emulating it and it is the best game of the year. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement.

It's fun as fuck my dude.

why would you name the file Pittsburgh Pirates? It's as if you just downloaded it from jewtube and was too lazy to bother making a quality post. You probably are not even welcomed on a private tracker.

^this tbh

From my personal shit list
It's like bioshock, only good. Loved the aesthetics and style. Also story wasn't half-bad.
Can't believe this shit was out in 2017. Felt like i played it ages ago.
inb4 (((game)))
Great open world game. Hunting robots is fucking metal.

This is true.

I bought a switch and have a WiiU and a copy on both but I did find out that BotW was overall better on the switch because the controller is better.

But back to what is goty so far the games I loved so far is Persona5 and NieR Automata.

Yakuza 0

Where the fuck did 2016 go?

that's not out yet god damn you

Also codemonkey fucked up the filename download buttons again

>being so new you can't even properly greentext YOU HAVE TO GO BACK NIGGER

Do you require very high end pc to emulate it and where do i find the stuff to do it myself?

Yeah its on there too, too bad the Wuii got abandoned for the swtich though.

I downloaded it from here you giga nigga
I barely rename anything outside OC
No need, I don't live in a "first world" shithole where security is tighter than an nuns asshole

is the remake coming out this year?

was the first one good?

Yeah

As stylish and consistent Persona 5 is in its execution, it was not enough game in this game. The plot and characters are horribly written for the most part too, and considering it is an JRPG + Visual Novel it deserves the guillotine for that.

The western release was this year, so I nominate Yakuza Zero. This game brought back the feeling of what a game should be like: a hilariously degenerate but challenging experience.

I'd almost be on the side with Nioh, but the problem with this game is that it is too easy and obvious to break it. The level design on the other hand is superb, but 85 % of the boss battles were unchallenging despite being quite original.

FUCK

Here we go again.

No, it's ironically a 2018 game so the whole 25th anniversary thing would be more of a 26th anniversary thing.

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF
GET THIS GAY ANIME SHIT WITH ANDROGYNOUS PROTAGS OFF THIS FUCKING BOARD NOW

Near a tomato

weeb but actually decent

weeb shit cranked to 300%, can't bring myself to like this much weeb, just fuck off Tarofags, all you have is Ass, and a thousand plot holes

its shit i don't have to repeat why, we all know why it sucks and no the weapons breaking is not the reason

(You)

Pls user, I'll suck your dick

It was an entertaining game with a good story.
Not best game material of any kind, and as it's been said before a million times, it's mediocre considering both platinum and Square Enix were behind it.
Ass/10

The 2010s has no games.

00s is the best decade for 3d.

It's not that great, it's GOOD, but by no means GOTY. If there were dungeons, 2 extra guardians and more things to do instead of dragging on for uninteresting, unfulfilling quests (there were more I disliked than liked) and walking 15~ minutes to find something mildly interesting, then I'd be pretty much be on board.
At this state, it's incomplete, even with the upcoming DLC. I'm blaming time constraints.

It IS a runner up though, that's for sure.
Also, all games are subjective. There is no way to take an objective stance on a game without telling people how you feel about it. Thinking otherwise is a fools errand.

Are you retarded?

looks interesting, may play it down the road

definitely play it down the road, was it as good or better than the first Nier?

One of those is a waifu dating novel. If you think that's a fortress contender you should take a warm bath and open up a fat vein.

Goty* autocorrect shit

Right now my potential GOTY list is; Yakuza 0, Toukiden 2, Trails in the Sky 3rd Chapter and I am an air traffic controller AIRPORT HERO OSAKA-KIX.
Depending on how Tokyo Xanadu's localization turns out it might get added to the list this friday.

Fixed
KoF XIV is good tho, I would have considered it my GOTY if it wasn't my GOTY last year

Besides, Lacrimosa of Dana was already 2016's GOTY. It doesn't need two in a row, unless the PS4/PC exclusive content is crazy good.

this is easily my GOTY 2017. i actually unironically like breath of the wild but i haven't had as much fun with a videogame as I had with nioh in years and years

On topic, why is nobody suggesting the obvious choice of Bayonetta on pc?

Can you not read?

Oh shit i thought that was my (you) for a second.

But I disagree with the angry fag though, i think all 3 of those game are legible for GOTY.

I need to play Nioh though.

What's the exclusive content supposed to be? All I remember reading about was a night and day cycle which I assume is going to be as useless and Celceta's.

Additional interception battles, a plot with a girl who looks to be Adol's sister (flashbacks again?) and more Dana stuff in the past including a form switching mode that lets her swap weapon elements (bash/stab/slash) and costumes.

it's seriously a 10/10 game. it's a weeb dark souls where it's less about bullshit one-hit deaths and more about learning patterns and getting gud, and the storyline is outstanding: some guy steals your fairy waifu in england and you chase him to motherfucking japan to get her back

do games in early access count?

See it's this kind of shit why I hate that NISA is working on Dana. I want to experience that stuff and not have memes shoved down my throats or the game crashing or bugging out.

It's not as good as fucking russian gangsters killed my dog

Damn shame Falcom's western fanbase doesn't have the balls the Etrian Odyssey fanbase has since you already see faggots trying to rationalize giving NISA money some even browse this board

persona 5 is good but can't be GOTY due to being a chore to replay due to the incredibly padded last 3 dungeons, also the schitzo fans are already crossing their fingers for a rerelease, which is just fucking insane. also i don't think a non-action game can truly be GOTY

Nioh was good and i'm glad team ninja is getting their shit together but its also a game that can be facerolled with the parry->iaito->downstab combo and its NG+ system is a chore rather than a level up in difficulty, this might be the fault of loot systems

haven't played hollow knight yet, i plan to soon

i fucking love Nier Automata probably more than i should but you have to handicap yourself into oblivion for the game to feel like its in the difficulty sweet spot and the enemy variety being so lacking was a shame

BOTW fucking put me to sleep, the more i think about it the more i start to hate it because of how much of the game feels like its wasting my fucking time, i didn't even bother finishing it, after collecting all the memories and getting the master sword and doing the 4 snoresville dungeons i dropped it before ganon and gave the game back to whom i borrowed it from

so in conclusion YAKUZA 0 is the most powerful game on earth even if you fight the same boss 3 times in that

It was indeed a good year for ps4.

I like you.

I agree. Honestly.
I'm sick of MC's that look like faggot twinks ready to take the cock any second my dick can't take it
We need some mother fucking MANLY MEN up in here my dick also won't take it.

Friendly reminder that Yakuza 0 was released in 2015, and it still managed to hold up better than most of the games in 2017. except nioh that game is pretty good

This exact post, except I found BotW tolerable.

this is correct

Me too. I liked it cheats made it even better

which is fair, my reaction to it is a bit extreme but for me playing it just gave me flashbacks of MGSV the whole time. I would spend time exploring the world only to just be let down by the rewards of exploration. which of course are better than mgsvs complete lack of reason to explore but its still a case of just a giant world that would suffer no negatives by just shrinking the thing to like half its size. BOTW was probably the nail in the coffin for my desire to play anything open world anymore,

what were the cheats? i assume changing the weapon durability was one.

github.com/joffnerd/botw-trainer/releases

Odyssey

Hopefully EOV when that releases tbh.

It's better than the untolds, but there's some stuff later that drags it down a little IMO. A little better than 4

Mark my words, OP. After 6 more months of user marketing and "autism waifu" meme, 8/v/ will declare Mass Effect Andromeda their GOTY.

For the simple reason it will be the game they've played the most. But ironically!

no way in hell, everyone ripping on andromeda is just using footage from more unfortunate souls who actually had to play the game to harvest said footage

The same thing happened with Death Grips. People listened to them ironically and now they are universally praised despite being a meme band

This tbh. Had a lot of fun with this, still playing atm.
Way of the Samurai is very nicely balanced.
Way of the Strong gets pretty ridiculous and almost encourages you to make a God tier character. So far I haven't hit anything I couldn't beat, but I have a feeling some of the double bosses might be near to impossible unless you are a God build.
And I would assume Way of the Demon from the DLC is even more insane.

Way of the demon is pretty fun, it adds in super boosted enemies that have massive increases to attack/stamina recovery and the like. Some even have elements because fuck you that's why

no way in hell, everyone ripping on andromeda is just using footage from more unfortunate souls who actually had to play the game to harvest said footage

i didn't end up botherin' to finish way of the strong because it took too long to kill individual enemies and i'd just run straight to the bosses and got bored

Negro I will fight you.
it is a meme band though.

Yakuza 0. Has the right balance of gameplay, side missions, bonuses, story, and of course, disco.

The game is leagues better than P3 and P4, but it's not GOTY. The game itself can be a chore to go through, and while it did have a good start up, the plot just falls apart on the second half of the game. Five years of development, and yet the devs couldn't make a cohesive story line without making everything confusing and giving your second to last party member little to no character development. Not only that, I found it jarring that they keep putting Makoto on a pedestal, and Morgana can be an annoying piece of shit especially during Haru's introduction.

GOTY seven years running

Why the hell is it cool to hate Nier Automata now?

P5 is GotY easily.

because it was cracked and the people could judge it without bias or buyer's remorse

But I play it cracked and shit's by the far the best game this year, not counting the DaS3 DLC.

i dunno if that was intentional, i think that so many members of the cast were such spazoids that she just ended up being like that

No, not that because it's other characters saying she's cool/awesome. If you go by pure story she does the most retarded shit time and time again and every other character just goes "oh wow you're so cool".

Good job. You got me to reply.

If I have never played a Yakuza game, could I get into Yakuza 0 and enjoy it ?

I liked it a lot. But its not game of the year for me. Mainly it just was kind of meh in terms of gameplay. You cant deny that the combat was piss easy, dodging had no start up/could be done any time, and the combat was just incredibly mashy. Everything else was top tier, characters, story, music, aesthetics, themes, creativity, the bosses.

Anyone who says its a bad game is a just trying to be an edgy contrarian.

Is it really that good? can someone explain to me why it's worth goty?

thisu

Fine by me, I liked 4 enough and it's what got me into the series considering I played through EO3, EOU and EO2 after.

What's the GOTY for you?

RPG aren't about the fucking gameplay.

they also constantly suck off futaba and MC so i dunno

its a good starting point since its a prequel and yakuza kiwami comes out soon which is a remake of 1

MC's the MC so that gets a pass, and futaba at least is bad at anything as opposed to completely glossed over by the entire cast like Makoto.

Those two proved to be useful throughout the game. Not only that it's the MC, so you're gonna get some praise for doing stuff, and from getting your teeth kicked in.

Nioh. Its a game that is literally about a guy who gets his waifu stolen, goes to Japan to get her back, and becomes a Samurai in the process.
Also the gameplay is great, fast as hell and rewarding as fuck. One of the best things, is that once you get the combat system, every fight feels fair. I can't quite describe it, but any time I died, I knew I was going to die before it happened. The combat just kind of flows and when you make a mistake you realize it as your doing it and are punished for it.

For me it's Nier: Automata. Mind you, I've played about 2-3 2017 games because poorfag and I'm a big Taro fan. It's my personal GOTY because after a fair few years of non-stop disappointment when it came to big releases, Automata delivered everything that I had wanted, expected and more since it was announced. It is CERTAINLY not the be-all-end-all best game ever, but it's tickled me the most out of the releases this year.

I've also played P5 but even as a fan of the previous Personas it is fucking boring me to tears.

I'm interested in Hollow Knight, Cuphead, the DragDog rerelease, am going through the Yakuza series before I get to 0 (halfway through 3 now) and am planning on picking up Nioh after I finally finish Witcher 3 in a week or so, so there's plenty of room for change.

you are bang on the money m8

Fucking Hell Holla Forums!
With how shit Vidya has been these past few years i'm happy as fuck to finally have a small line up of games that don't suck balls
It's not like the industry has been doing any better than these few as of late

All the games in 2017 are and will be varying degrees of shit. Let's vote for the worst game of the year instead, now that'll be one close fucking competition

you're right but i sorta chalked that up to bad japanese writing where they constantly tell the viewer what they just saw and makoto happened to be a vessel for that so i didn't think about it

i have some bias cuz i like makoto though, and i do think a lot of the main party are just complete spazoids

Don't lie to yourself user
We all know who will win the golden turd

Nioh is literally the opposite of Nier automata, sorta smooth gameplay but mediocre anything else.

All of them are spazoids in various degrees user. Makoto is no different from them.

It's just contrarianfags

Big example:

oh i'd argue the whole party-cast is on the autism spectrum makoto included

But how will people know I'm cool if I don't point out how much I didn't like games they liked?

I have only seen criticisms, which is what should occur on a video games board lest you fall into blind fanboyism or vapid consumerism.

Can you repost these criticism?

Gradius

So Nier Automata?

I dont know nigger, but there are good posts with valid points as to why certain games may not be GOTY. Just don't get lured into idiots posting bait. Also just ignore contrarianfags.
If a game is irredeemable shit than it deserves to be shat on ie. Overwatch, Fallout 4, Mass Effect Andromeda, no discussion just hate and telling the posters to fuck off.
But if a game is decent, you should at least give it the time to state things that are good and things that are bad.

I already posted my thoughts on Nioh and Nier. Both of which are good, I just happen to think Nioh is better.

Since it hasn't been post here yet, I think Rain World is pretty great. I'm not sure I'd give it GOTY but it definitely deserves some sort of honorable mention. There are few games that have made near death experiences feel as cathartic as this one.

FO4 and OW aren't even released this year.
ME A is a joke post.

I'm talking about non-content shitpost like this>>12922484 they seriously think 2017 is a bad year for game.

I feel so dirty whenever i fap to Overshit waifu bait

fap to whatever you want it doesn't yield sales, dummy

You already know what it is baybeeee

You have trash taste baybeeeeee

(checked)
Trips of truth.

At least some love for Yakuza Zero here. It is the PS2 game we all need once in a while in order to remind us that even antiquated game design can be timeless.

Nobody who mentioned Yakuza Zero elaborated as to why this game should be GOTY. These are my reasons:
>the contrast between seriousness in story and F U N in side content doesn't create a dissonance
>main story and most of the side content is catered perfectly towards manly men who want to see manly men doing manly things and Japanese porn actresses

A step down from Nier 1, too full of itself, basically getting Platinum didn't pay off in any relevant way. It'd be alright if the army of unhinged fanboys didn't try to tout it as what it was not.

Nigger please.

But yes, Platinum should not have gotten involved, it almost feels wrong to have Yoko Taro games playing super smooth.

You're going to have to elaborate, friend. Also the combat was not the problem of Nier 1, and they replaced it with something that was less fitting to the bullet hell gimmick and had all the flashiness of Platinum combat with none of the polish or substance. Smooth it is not, let alone super.

It's certainly the best and most ambitious game released so far.

And yeah, I do not agree that Platinum style fits Yoko Taro.

The problem I have with automata is that ambitious doesn't fit Taro games. They should be slow burners with a big payoff at the end. Tomato tries too hard to be unique and grand while not really improving the mechanics and busywork. It also adds more gameplay styles, but you don't make a great game by compounding several okay ones. When all is said and done, it's still nier with added sound and fury, but you can't go from a 6/10 to a 10/10 on story alone. As a fan you might feel that way, but you've got to understand lots of people playing it are not going to see the game like you do.

Correction: nu/v/ hates on everything, and ends up playing Bioware and Blizzard games "ironically", because muh youtuber said so. Up to a few years ago, this was considered cancerous newfaggotry and the real policy was to hate on bad western games.

Who the fuck say you can't?

Hot damn some nigga rate shit like Planescape: Torment as 10/10 based on story alone.

Nier Automata certainly qualifies.

But yes, I guess the fact it's too professionally done kinda makes it lose its charm as Taro games.

nu/v/ will hate everything but will talk about Halo.

We have gone very, very far from original Holla Forums where console shooters especially Halo were mocked.

Though I do agree that ending E should've been the 100% ending, the boss fight you get for it adds a ton of implications.
Emil might just be the Watchers

Nigger, every single Taro game is ambitious, in fact I would agree that Automato is the least ambitious of the 4, NieR was supposed to have much more to it, it's almost fair to say that what we got was about half of the original game. Drakengard had the whole murder thing, and Drakenguard 3 tried to do the same thing as the first one but ultimately failed at it.
These are ambitious little games user, just because they barely get any budget doesn't take away the ambitiousness behind them.
Fucking debate me on how Tomato did not improve on every single mechanic the original NieR had.
I agree that Platinum dropped the ball, though the combat is fluid and very enjoyable there aren't many opportunities for you to use it to it's full potential, and just like in the original the game becomes a cake walk towards the end because of how over-leveled you get. They also fucked the hitboxes.

:D

It is a pretty bad year for games buddy. People insisting shit games are amazing like doesn't make them good, though P5 and Hollow Knight are very good and Nioh was fun.

See this guy knows whats up. The game actually felt like I was back in the PS2 era of game design, which is a welcome return as far as I'm concerned.

Holy jesus, is it rpgwatch invasion this time?

Good RPG allow you to skip battles altogether, making shit like battle system moot.

Pray tell, what shit games are people insisting as amazing?

If this year is a pretty bad year for games, what year is good? inb4 1998

2008 was a pretty good year.

Okay, there aren't really a lot of quality games that came out in 2008.

I only enjoy Dead Space in that list.

And Dead Space isn't even comparable to the DaS3 DLC, Nior Automata, yakuza 0, Nioh of this year.

This year would go down as pretty fucking god-tier year for gaming if Bannerlord and Kingdom Come actually deliver.

Good taste.

BoTW.

Never played but only Nintendorks champion that game anyway.

There are no good games, not even one.

It's shit
It's okay
what?
It's shit
Get some taste faggot.

The guy I linked to as an example championed that game.
Also Nier Automata is good but not brilliant. This isn't as bad as 2016 but it's still worse than 2009-prior

Because they were horribly overhyped games that ended up being alright and not amazing.

That's just it. They didn't suck balls. Persona 5 is more of the same. If you play Persona 3 and 4, you've see more of the same in 5. It has wonderful art direction, but it's more of the same shit. Nioh has some wonderful gameplay and some fun customization options, but the content is stretch way too thin. Nier Automata was too ambitious and should have been treated humbly. The gameplay was fairly solid, but nothing spectacular. Breath of the Wild severely lacked content as well. It has an interesting world created, but with not much to do in it. Fun Fact: it has less unique enemy types than the original LoZ. I still haven't played Hollow Knight. I intend to soonish.

Sonic Mania.

I challenge you to name 5 good games back in 2009.

What are your examples of amazing games?

Utter nonsense.
More bullshit.

You sure convinced me with those in depth rebuttals.

It's necessary for non-substantial argument, yes.

But they're made by japan. Come on, guy…

all these games suxx :/

He made some arguments in his post. They may not have been autistically in depth or overly convincing to someone not inclined to already agree but valid arguments were made and you should at least make some counter arguments if you are going to bother to respond. That is how debate works. Those are the rules.

I'd call this summer, but I'd be lying if I said this doesn't happen the rest of the year too

Ya'll should play some games before talking about them online, that's just good manners.

NERD

Missed opportunity friend

I posted about NieR but i played it and dropped it around 10 hours in. I think its enough time to say it sucks.

I still plan on finishing it though so i didnt remove it from the SSD plus i am waiting for sexy mods now that FAR supports dumping and injecting textures.

I think this place really needs to understand that
I don't like it != It's a shit game

You can dislike a lot of games, that doesn't make them automatically a piece of trash for everybody else. I can't stand RTSs, but I don't go around saying that Command and Conquer are bad, screaming at anybody that doesn't agree with me.

You're really fucking pushing that angle without either showing why those games are good, or providing any solid argument you don't jump to and from.

Persona 5 was ok. Adding mainline SMT mechanics and dumbing them down is cool and all but it will never be able to beat rolling with a squad of jacked demons and absolutely destroying anything that fucks with you in a REAL shin magoomi tensay game.

The second half of NieR was enjoyable, the ending was great, and the rest was alright. Some of the quests were fun too.

I started playing nioh but haven't gotten far enough to really say anything other than it being weebsouls.

Hollow knight is solid exploration and decent challenging bosses, but taking apart the automap, selling it in pieces, and not updating until you rest or die is something that constantly bothered me from start to finish getting 100%. Fuck the no-damage quest and the last colosseum of fools challenge.

That's all I've played from this year so far. All of them have been decent, which is a lot to say about videogames these days but none were good enough for me to consider GOTY material.

If I start talking about why I liked BOTW your responses will be

I have gone through this so many times that I know there's absolutely no reason to discuss this because you will refuse to understand any of what I tell you.
So I'm just gonna say that minor nitpicks don't make a game bad.

Now if the game was borderline unplayable or so fucking boring that you would not even want to play it past the first 10 minutes, then maybe you would have a point about it being OBJECTIVELY bad. But none of the ones I've seen mentioned so far are.
Again, completely fine if you dislike them yourself. But them having elements that you don't like don't make them bad.

not to mention most of the times I end up discussing BOTW the other person hasn't even played it and they're just parroting what they've heard from other anons on this board, which basically means that I would be discussing with a wall.
Which is not fun at all.

See the thing here is that you're being totally dishonest. "The weapon degradation system makes exploration ultimately pointless" and "The map is empty" are legitimate complaints, objectively bad parts of the game design. And yet you lump them under shitposts because you can't actually argue against them, thus you choose to try and trivialize them as points.
You don't get to decide what a "minor nitpick" is. If you want to talk about a game then talk about the fucking game, don't say you refuse to acknowledge criticism because "just because you don't like it doesn't mean its bad".
BoTW IS that boring. Very little ever actually happens, after less than an hour of exploration you feel as if you've seen all the game's variety, and even the dungeons are poorly designed. You can't pretend it doesn't exist just because you don't want to argue against the point.

This is always the defense of faggots. "You haven't even played it!" is the textbook "I don't care what anyone who doesn't say the game is good says" line.

havent touched the game in like almost 3 months now

I didn't lump those around shitposts, and this is exactly what I thought was going to happen.
We can discuss this thing to hell and back as it's been done for the past 3 months since the game has been out.

I like it, you don't. Me telling you why I like it won't change your mind. You telling me you dislike them is not gonna change mine.
Discussing the same thing over and over is not gonna get us anywhere.

But the fact that a lot of people, even here, like both of those things should be enough to get you to understand that these are not bad mechanics. They're just mechanics that you, personally, do not enjoy.
Which is completely fair, but as I said, they don't make the game bad.

Hey, when anons stop talking about games they haven't played then I'll stop using them.
You have no idea how many times I've written wall of texts explaining the design behind a certain function of a game to someone that was just pretending to have played the game.

I knew you had shit taste but this just settles it.

HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW
You don't even try to explain why it's good, you just claim it is and then say that you don't want to talk about it. Have some goddamn balls faggot, don't be afraid of strangers on the internet
I'm not telling you "what I dislike" I'm telling you that vast expanses of nothingness with no interesting exploration points is not good open-world gameplay, and the weapon degradation system is poorly implemented whether I like it or not because it removes the incentive for exploring the few interesting points they did put in there since any new weapons will just break within very few hits anyway, and progression is just as easy with very base weapons if you aren't shit.
So "people like it = good mechanics" but "people don't like it =/= bad mechanic"? You've still yet to explain how they aren't shitty. Go on and extol the virtues of vast expanses of nothingness and quick, annoying weapon degradation systems in a game like BoTW, actually try to explain yourself rather than justifying your shit views by virtue of them existing in the first place.
See you're the modern gamer. A complete aversion to admitting the existence of objective quality, all you do is whine about how "it's just an opinion" and use that single catch-phrase to justify any and all shit views you have since you don't understand the reasons behind objective quality and thus think it is pointless. You're the modern artist of the gaming world shitting on Michelangelo because his work isn't "exciting enough" and insisting that Jackson Pollock's work is no worse than The Last Supper because if you eliminate the concept of standards then you suddenly become a relative expert. Fuck you.
I'm gonna guess 0 times, but that you're super-duper sure it's been a bunch of times.

Read your posts user, I can't even convince you to agree to disagree that a game might be good even if you dislike it, discussing anything any further is certainly not gonna accomplish anything if not wasting both of our time.

And look at you, two posts and you're already telling me to go fuck myself because I can't agree with you on one thing. What the fuck's the point?

If you can't even understand that things are not black or white any discussion becomes completely worthless. You're clearly not the guy that can be convinced, and while I would love to talk about what BOTW did right and what it did wrong, you're clearly not up for that.
So, you know, have fun.
But then don't get mad when people don't want to discuss things with someone that acts like a child.

Notice how he continues to evade explaining himself

I don't know how you keep missing the point of my posts but somehow you do

is that good enough?
Explain your view faggot

How fucking dense are you
You don't need to convince him the game is good, but merely whether the mechanics in question are either harmful or beneficial to the experience the game intends to deliver. Does weapon degradation make the game better? What are the benefits of expansive empty fields to the level design of the game? There is some discussion to be had on the game design portion on the game which isn't as purely subjective as you think

I'll desecrate your mom user.

As I wrote, I understand why you dislike the game and why you think is bad.
What I'm trying to say is the reasons why you think it's bad does not make it an objectively bad game.

I literally don't know how to write this in any more ways, you can keep putting words into my mouth if you want, but this is just how it is. You dislike mechanics from it that you think don't fit. Fine, I get it.

If I can't even get this across to you then writing anything else or actually discussing the game would be a big effort for absolutely no reasons.
Take this as you will, I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, although that's probably what you're gonna get out of this post.

Breath of the wild is dogshit.

It's a bad zelda game and a really bad open world game. There are better zeldas and better open world games. Play better games people.

cue the agdg autist's copy pasta

It is objectively a mediocre slog that brings nothing new to zelda or open world.

THEN EXPLAIN HOW THEY AREN'T DELETERIOUS TO GAME QUALITY

Listen, nevermind.
You're right.

BOTW is a piece of trash.

And, by extension, so are you.

I think you fight Kuze 4 times but yes. A lot of bang of your buck with this gem.
Persona 5 goes onto on-rails mode far too often.
Automata is just as you said, the player needs to gimp himself to enjoy the main campaign; do side-quests as they appear and you end the game 10 levels above the end boss.
Haven't played Nioh but seems like a really easy game to cheese and I don't like how it's presented as a youkai-slaying game but it's another Sengoku Jidai drama.
There's also Gravity Rush 2 which IMHO has a lot of charm in its quirkiness but it's not a title that invites multiple playthroughs (fantastic for horsing around though). It's great but not a GOTY, not when stacked up against all the other weebshit that came out.

Yes to all of that. I'll add one of my own as a Bloodstation pleb:

As far as Western releases go, my vote's on Yakuza 0 too. Has some flaws but gets so many basic things right and is unapologetically fun, whether by the flashy combat or its zaniness.

I just want to remind you that this was all I wanted to get through to you

I'm sorry we had this disagreement, I hope we can agree on something else in another thread

Sell me on Yakuza, I have 4 on my ps3 that I bought digitally but I never bothered starting it up because I always felt that Yakuza games start off very slowly and I don't like that, and also because since it was the fourth game in the series I felt like I was missing a ton of stuff already.
Should I try out Yakuza 0 first or start it off with 4 anyway?

Jesus Christ shut it reddit.

And we want to get through to you that BotW falls flat compared to everything else out this year. Especially Nier: Automata and Nioh. The former having better story, music and combat. The latter having better combat and equipment system than both. Everything BotW does is overshadowed by much older open world games anyway.

Not having played either Nier or Nioh I wouldn't be able to tell you if you're wrong.
I just think Botw is an interesting new and fresh direction for Zelda and it does open world much better than pretty much any other open world game I've played in a very long time.

Yeah it's a fresh direction for zelda but they made this huge framework and added nothing to it. The equipment systems are shit, dungeons don't exist, they removed magic for no fucking reason (reducing ways to approach a combat or puzzle situation), exploration rewards you with hearts or stamina and useless Korok Seeds. You know what you get for 100%ing the game? A piece of shit. An actual turd. It represents the game well.

Play better open world games.

desperate much?

Tell me one that isn't New Vegas, cause I have a really hard time finding em.

New Vegas, Morrowind, Daggerfall, Early Gothic games

I haven't played the Gothic games but both Morrowind and Daggerfall have the exact same amount of content in their maps as botw.

Again, as I was saying before, an open world is only empty if you don't want to explore it. You clearly don't care about exploring the map they've given you because of personal reasons.

The general consensus is that you should play them by order but 0 is a prequel and Kiwami is coming soon (and among the changes there are new elements to make the story tie with the events of 0). You might miss a few things by starting with 0 (namely a few cameos by characters in their younger years) but the main story is much more focused and pretty intense, a wild ride from start to finish and keeping it to two very fleshed out characters (both in terms of gameplay and character development) helps.
Maybe you should spend some time with 4 to see if the experience clicks with you before committing to 0. Some folks already pointed out the game's strong points but, to put it simply, if you're the type that likes to horse around and dawdle in your games, Yakuza delivers in spades. In fact, I'd say it's part of the experience - if you rush the main campaign and ignore the side content, I think you can probably finish the game in one sitting. There's tons of mini-games, some much more engaging then others but you'll definitely find some that are enjoyable and if that isn't enough, the basic combat is fantastic at making you feel like a total badass (I just wish the non-story mobs could be larger). It's also arguably the funniest game I ever played.

Unfortunately I didn't play the previous entries but will probably catch them up, one day, definitely. And oh fucking yes, man, I took a couple of screenshots and recordings just because of the side stories alone. Too bad I didn't browse imageboards at the time because, as you provided, they are timeless meme material, and therefore such funny lines are lost for me.

Here, have some too.

Is this what arguing with a nintendrone is like or are you baiting me? I can't tell because both of those games have proper fucking dungeons, caves, crypts, mausoleums, tons more towns. etc.

Put 72 hours into botw, cleared every shrine. Explored every region. Empty map, empty game. It's shit.

How do you want me to prove it?
I mean I don't really need to do it for Daggerfall, that game has a map so big that there's no way it wouldn't end up feeling empty as shit. And even then, the locations are really shit and copy pasted.

But now I have to ask, if Morrowind has a full open world with a lot of locations and you like it, then do you also like Fallout3/4 and Skyrim's maps?
They're build around the exact same design rules and they're made by the same people.

Just talking about the maps here, not about the gameplay itself.

Fallout 3's map is shit. Played fallout 4 for 40 minutes and stopped so I can't comment on that but I've been told it's one of the smallest maps bethesda has made. You can't prove morrowind has the same content as botw's map because morrowind already has way more content and differing location types other than blue textured shrine.

Well just the fact that you're exclusively counting the shrines is pretty limiting. Botw has other things in its map other than shrines.

Some people would even go as far as to say that if you compare exclusively the dungeons in Morrowind (which do end up being more or less the most complex maps) the game still ends up having less dungeons than botw. Even adding the tombs and the dwemer ruins you pretty much end up with the same number as botw's.

Again, it really depends what you're after. Botw's shrines are full of puzzles and have generally received a little more attention than Morrowind's. But if you just want to go through a dungeon and mostly fight enemies then Morrowind is definitely the game you want to go for.

Like what? What does it have? Please tell me because if you want to count the outside world morrowind blows it away with its varied environments there too.

BotW has no dungeons.

And those puzzles still fall flat compared to older zelda games.

The game is shit.

How does it blow it away? Both games have the same amount of outside locations like forests, islands, mountains.

I meant shrines, and it does have 5 dungeons.

These are all really nice subjective opinions user, which just brings me back to my original point.

Sucy is not for waifu. Sucy is for bullying others.

Among all these, the greatest one so far was Nier Automata. I haven't touched Styx 2 yet.

The only games that came out this year that I played are Gravity Rush 2, Nier Automata, Nioh, Breath of the Wild, and Snakes Pass. I can't really say which one I liked the best, but I can say that Breath of the Wild was a disappointment and the least fun I had with a game in a while. It had it's moments, but they where few and far between with the game having you do literally nothing throughout the entire game.
Do you like finding 900 korok seeds and doing 120 boring ass shrines? Great if you do, because I sure don't. Do you like fighting the same enemies over and over with no variation in between them other and some being more of a health sponge than others and having dungeons that only last 10 minutes? Also great if you do, just not something that I enjoy. Also the deal with the game barely having a soundtrack and what music there is is boring?
Breath of the Wild can go fuck itself 8 ways from Sunday.

Instead of focusing on your disdain for Breath of the Wild, you shall embrace the magnificence of Yakuza Zero. Do yourself a favor and you shall see the world in a brighter light.

I feel like I should start from the first game and play the series in release order before I start the new one. I already have Yakuza 1 and 2 downloaded and ready to be emulated.

I ain't buying a PS4 to play yakuza nigga

I liked it but the juxtaposition of a Platinum Styled Action game and a Yoko Taro RPG makes for a really inconsistent expierence, It's sort of a catch 22 too, take away the leveling system and it's not really a Yoko Taro RPG, take away the Platinum Action game standard fare and it's not really that fun to play. It has it's moments but the game can be broken extremely easily, autoheal is pretty much cheating with how many you get to stack together.

Story is 10/10 though, much better if you know nothing else about the series IMO, the mystery adds to it all, especially stuff like A2 or 2B's past.

Yakuza 0 is a prequel, though. Won't hurt to start there. And we're getting Yakuza 1 remake later this year anyway, that'll have updated everything so as to feel less dated

Amen. We need more unapologetically manly games.
Still sad Nishitani and Awano had so little screen time.

Atlus and Sega have been delving more into PC porting so you folks might get lucky.

They should lower the EXP gain or add a chip/item that serves as a EXP bank (that you can later use to cash it in) but good luck getting P* admitting they fucked up and fix anything, regardless of how easily solvable. Don't forget to buy the DLC, goy!
I love many of P*'s games but the fuck ups they sometimes make simply defy belief. Borderline entry level game design stupidity.

I don't know, when I think about Zero I think about a cute blind girl.

At the very least it's fun on a surface level, thats more than you can say for TMNT or Star Fox Zero

Definitely between this and Yakuza 0 (if it counts) for me.

Makoto had some good moments. It really astonishes me how well the series handles tone shift.

It's just silly that you have to gimp yourself to get a challenge or enjoy beating the crap out of enemies while upping the difficulty doesn't make enemies more durable, just walking OHKOs. And, apparently, enemy stagger and juggle is tied to character level which is pretty fuckin' stupid.

Forgot to give an honourable mention to Gravity Rush 2. I probably wouldn't call it my GOTY because of Nioh and Yakuza 0, but it's exactly how a sequel should be done imo. Loved all the improvements to the first GR's gameplay (especially the changes they made to the stasis field power, massive improvement), the new styles mechanic, the soundtrack, the level design of the new cities, the new characters and fleshing out of the first game's characters, and how weird the game becomes in the post-credits chapters (as well as how it resolves a plot point from the surrealist chapters near the end of the first game). I thought the first GR was merely decent but I do think that GR2's genuinely great.

It's more "manly weeb" than just pure weeb, which many games (mostly in western games) are either missing or deliberately leaving/keeping out any sort of manliness or men being badass. If more games allowed you to be a fucking manly motherfucker instead of being a beta male (while having good gameplay and/or story), we'd probably have more options for GOTY games.

Splitting hair.

Yakuza is super "weeb" since it's literally about japanese life.

But that's the case for every GOTY contenders so far, every of them have some alpha males as protags.

In what world?

It's worth goty because it holds its own against the likes of aria of sorrow, basically. It doesn't have a great variety of weapons and powers, but it makes it up, and then some, with its world. From the get go it knows to properly incentivize exploration, with gameplay as well as story rewards, but the number of secret areas is simply impressive. And by secret areas I don't mean the odd room. I mean entire levels. Hollow Knight offers a sense of wonder and discovery. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Being a subgenre of weebshit doesn't make it not weebshit.

None of those games are any good.

What are good games than?

I think the point is to show that there are more good non-moe Japanese games than good western games in any given year.

Is there any good moe games released this year?

Come on you didn't even try

My candidates: Ghost Recon Wildlands, Etrian Odyssey 5, Mary Skelter Nightmares, 4 Goddesses Online, Sonic Mania

Be hypocritical all you want, won't change the fact that western developers didn't deliver anything of value.

It may play well but it really feels lifeless compared to the older titles.

Persona 5 felt like an upgrade of the previus 2 never played they first 2 so i won't mention them
I don't know about you but i actually love the new dungeons, the randomly generated halwals of old will bore you down late in the game.
But the main reason why i and so many other people love it so much is because all we ever wanted was a JRPG
just a simple unpozzed JRPG with animu characters, turn based combat elemntal afinities and all the shit we all know and love of JRPGs
how many games like that have come out these past few years? i starved for a decent JRPG through the entire 7th gen
To me finding Persona 5 was like finding a river in the desert
Same could be said about Automata
For Nier and Drakengard fans they finally get a Taro game that doesn't suck and Platinum fans who don't own a Wii U could finally get some decent Platinum gameplay again after the shits that were the TMNT and Worra games
Stealth fags were also starving for good vidya found their holy grial in Styx 2
Sure none of these games is perfect but considering the dire state of the industry as a whole the fact that games as good as these came out is a miracle

That sort of shit is why I am thankful that my backlog is full of classics I can return to and have yet to play.

why not?

I'd be happy with any of these taking GOTY, not that it'll happen, Breath of the Wild, Nioh, Nier, Yakuza 0, hopefully Sonic Mania will be good enough for consideration too.

wich game do you guys think (((SJournoWs))) will try to hype as GOTY?
My money is on Horizon Zero Down
The poz level on that shit is >9000
ME Andromeda would be my candidate for them had it not flopped so hard and so bad that entire internet is still making fun of it

Zelda BotW
Nier Automata
Prey
Nioh
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Yakuza 0
Resident Evil VII
Gravity Rush 2
Danganronpa 3
Snake Pass
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Tekken 7
Ever Oasis
Arms
Robo Recall (favorite VR game so far)

Mario Odyssey is a likely contender too.

Surprisingly good year for vidya so far. Only real disappointment so far is Yooka-Laylee. You're fucking retarded if you expected anything but pure shit from Ass Defect 4.

Why would a re-release of an old game be on the list?
Also an old game. I doubt a release in the west counts.

seriously nigga
Mechanically speacking is a polished meh
>Lame climbing only allowed in the designated climbing ledges wich somehow are always fucking YELLOW… seriusly they could have tryed to use another color every now and then
I praise it only for being the first SJW game that does not completly suck aids balls but the game is as bland as they come it's almost as if they had a checklist of trendy mechanics to cram into the game but never really got to polish any of them
and let's not even get into story territory

You almost had a pretty decent list there.

Guess you never played Watch_Dogs 2 then.

Green text me about it m80
You have suffered hell just so that other anons should not have to. Just as i have with HZD
enlighten us about the horrors you witnesed

As opposed to?

No thanks to the Western game industry. Almost every single game being seriously debated as GOTY are Japanese made. The only game that has been universally praised that was made in the West is Horizon: Zero Dawn.

They probably will try to shill the fuck out of Horizon considering it's the only non-Japanese game that is getting praise on social media and through metacritic. Western game journos are resenting the fact that Japan is dominating this year.

NieR: Automata is my GOTY by a long long shot, it was everything i expected and more also made me feel joy while playing something no game has achieved in a decade for me. Yakuza, Nioh, Persona 5 are all 2nd and Hollow Knight WOULD be sitting closer to NieR and those 3 IF NOT FOR THAT FUCKING PALACE, I was having a blast until the game become Super Meat Boy for no good reason and in the most anti-climatic way possible, still a great game but fuck the devs for that crap. I don't mind japanese or western games so long the games are good and western ones are feeling really soulless Copy+Paste crap these years not to mention the political BS agenda pushing.

Here's a WIP chart I've added of worthwhile games released this year so far. Any games I missed?

It's amazing how fast marxism can completely destroy something, it only took a few years for SJWs to totally wreck the western gaming industry. Assuming Japan doesn't fuck up it will be really easy for them to retake total control of vidya once more.

i tried nex and it was boring
i'd rather just play furi

GOTY is a retarded concept, I don't like the idea that you think you can pick a list of games that are somehow better than the rest when they're all virtually the same or incredibly similar because they follow popular design trends and make an effort to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible, which will more often than not have a negative impact on the game in question. GOTY is a meaningless title, everyone is going to have a different opinion and for subjective reasons. It's like asking, "which is the best cheeseburger in town?" there's no right or wrong answer, they're motherfucking cheeseburgers, you fucking autist. God damn.

last year as a reference

Don't use continues.

Nex looks like shit and so does timbleweed park,

All shit.

Do explain.

Wat

it's not about the difficulty, it's just boring gameplay
doesn't have weight or flow, just neon lights everywhere and a wannabe furi soundtrack

Come on now, it's a good game

It's in the ports section.

What? Do explain. I can't really get wrap my idea about the game having no flow when it has barely any downtime, it's constant action in your face. You do understand how the scoring system works in Nex works, right?

This isn't a list for fags. Nintendo games are excluded for a reason.

Persona 5, BoTW, Super Bomberman R, Tales of Berseria, Akiba's Beat, Injustice 2, Dirt 4, and the Crash bandicoot remakes.

What? Do explain.

I am mistaken indeed

nier automata isn't just the best game of the year, but the best game in the past 10

poor animations and sound design make for extremely "floaty" weightless gameplay that doesn't feel satisfying in the slightest

it's just a mediocre bullet hell with neon plastered all over it

actions in furi had weight, rhythm, satisfying sound design, and all of this contributed to the "flow" of combat feeling like an intense fast-paced battle

furi also had unskippable walkscenes that made half of the game boring to play

For one playthrough, sure. Personally, I didn't mind them and I was interested in the lore behind each boss anyway since the gameplay was so good.

Oh no, I mean WD2 is a pretty good game despite SJW colors. And it wasn't even really political, rather pretty tryhard at reaching their target audience with le funny maymays.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend it every other user here.

Glorious Nippon of course, and stop baiting now you degenerate fuck.

would have been better to design an actual game instead of what amounts to unskippable cutscenes. if half of your game has no content in it, it's shit.

You're missing Rain World. Might include Danmaku Unlimited 3 also, I know you want to.

Why did you add Mr. 2015?

Seems good. Can't think of any other notables off the top of my head.

I haven't played any games that came out this year unless Bayonetta and Vanquish count but from what I've seen so far here are my guesses:

Not gonna play any console games that I can't emulate though.

What about bigot detour?

I don't think this is the kind of game where I can get an actual glimpse at the animations to begin with, or the individual animation of every single entity on screen.
Rather subjective, the sound design does a good job of conveying information at the very least.
wait what
That could only attribute the audiovisual aspects of the gameplay, not the gameplay as a whole itself
There are a zillion enemies on screen and the first thing that comes to your mind is bullet hell? Do you think Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours constitutes as a bullet hell as well? And just what is it supposed to make mediocre?
I don't know why you keep comparing this game to Furi when Furi and Nex are two different games? Nex Machina is an arcade game at heart, have you tried looking at it like that?

Please don't fall for the bait.

Haven't tried it, but from what I read the game was a little undercooked with a several dozen little issues that dragged the game as a whole down and should have spent some more time in the oven (alongside the developers).

No it's not.

-YSVIII
-CS 1/2
-Valkyrie Drive
-Estival Versus
-Atelier Firis
-Tekken 7
-Toukiden 2
-Senko no Ronde
-Turok 2
-Outcast Second Contact
-Pathologic Remake
-KoFXIV
-Tokyo Xanadu
-Rosenkreuzstilette
-Tales of Berseria

-Blue Reflection
-Musou Stars
-Endless Space 2
-Total Warhammer 2
-Toukiden 2
-Nekopara Vol 3
-Rising Storm 2
-Nier Automata
-Dead Cells
-ATrain
-Xplane 11
-Cold Waters
-Oneshot

Kill yourself you pleb, every West vs East faggot should be banned on sight, console war tier shit.

you couldn't be more wrong here

Wow, now calm down, my lad. There's already medication for your disease, you know? I assume your grade in reading comprehension was always an F because I never said Watch Dogs is pretty good game. And neither did I make a post about East vs West, just pointing out that the West didn't deliver anything good this year.

Your fallacious misinterpretations tell me that you frequent 9gag or kikebook, perhaps both? Whatever it is, please go back to the containtment site your originally came from. Elitist degenerate niggers aren't welcome here.

I'm curious, what are you anons looking forward to for the rest of this year?
Hard mode: No death

>>>/suicide/

Bannerlord at Gamescom

Waiting for Overload to come out of Early Access. It might very well the first successful modern attempt at a retro fps with barely any frills attached.

This is so fucking stupid

Are you merely pretending?
>>>/suicide/

I feel like 6DoF is kind of a lost art. The most recent games I've played of the genre were roguelites, one had the worst "level design" I've ever seen in a video game and the other had no dedicated up/down thrust buttons.

It is.

W E W L A D

Yakuza Kiwami
Some more characters added to KoF XIV (recent datamining points at it).
Bloodstained though I'm still very fearful furfags, e-celebs and donut steel autists will shit all over it.
The PS4 port of Dark Arisen with foolish hopes that Capcom adds something to it.
A freakin' update on 13 Sentinels.

I think that's about it. Kiwami might be the last game I'm getting this year.

That's why I hate roguelite cancer so fucking much. Effort that could've been spent on proper pacing and structured level design is wasted on 'le infinite replayability'.
But the good thing about Overload is that the actual creators of Descent are working on it, and they've shown in the beta that they're still capable of designing good levels, on top of the controls and enemy design/AI being on point. Outer Moons 3 and Titan 6 are alright, but Outer Moons 2 is genuinely good, so they're definitely capable of cranking out good shit.
My final verdict will largely depend on how good the levels end up being, and 15 levels were already promised. It's a bit unfortunate since most retro fps games had around 20-25 levels for their main campaign, so hopefully the Overload levels make up for it in terms of content. Overload does feature a neat challenge mode which can make up for that, so who knows.

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/
All your posts are Reddit tier

What I was talking about didn't even have effort put into replayablity or structure. I'm not shitting you, the game had like 5 or 6 rooms that were recycled to hell and back in the same level. So you'd have levels that are just generic corridor, generic large room, generic large room, generic corridor, generic large room, end room with generator. I think it was called Sublevel Zero.
Overload seems interesting, I'll keep an eye on it thank you.

Now I really need to know if you were joking the whole time. Nobody can be this degenerate and be able to breath.

Like fucking clockwork >>>/cuckchan/

The fact that you think Watch Dogs 2 is a good game already nullifies all your arguments and all other opinions.
Besides the fact that you were too dumb to understand that I was refering to the franchise in general in my first reply of course.

Heres your last reply >>>/cuckchan/

But I only talked about Watch_Dogs 2, why would you even refer to the franchise (with having only two games so far, kek) when I wasn't? Was I supposed to read your mind? Didn't mommy breastfeed you or why else are you so salty today?

I don't know why you get so hung up on cuckchan. Did they bully you out of this site because you were there a stupid nigger too? But that couldn't be, because everyone there is a stupid nigger like you.

Ah, I see, that's why you shoehorn your cuckchan ad hominem as soon as your degeneracy is getting called out. As I said, you are a projecting fuck, but I would be lying if I wasn't entertained by you for the time being.

Good riddance!

Is Oneshot worthwhile or at least better than Undertale?