Monster hunter fans in a nutshell

Other urls found in this thread:

wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
archive.is/DoVkp
archive.fo/vc7We
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They aren't MH fans.

They are Nintendorks.

The true MH fans have stopped playing the game since Freedom Unite.

t. cocksucking OP

MH isn't very difficult though.

It's all about grinding for good gears.

Dis right here. Its just about getting fabulous armor and hanging out with bros, don't make a big deal out of it, take it easy

why do people like this shit series? Each game gets so many full priced rereleases that they have released the 4 games that exist almost every single year until 2014 not counting the spinoffs

t. whiner
The general and a whole other thread today are already about this you assblasted fucker, we don't need another one.
But this thread can serve a purpose
1. Ever Oasis
2. Monster Hunter
3. Dead Cells
4. Hollow Knight
5. Sleep early
6. Shovel Knight
7. Do some extra exercises
8. Make a proper dinner
9. Giga Wrecker
0. Do nothing
Dubs mean I'll stay up late doin two things

Fuck I better not get Hollow Knight man I ain't playing a game that only runs with an XBONE gamepad, I don't care how many blowjobs it gets from reviewers, fucking Made with Unity.

Go to sleep you fucking shitter.

I use the DND dice roller for similar purposes. Right now I've got a list of 33 things.

Complaining about grinding in monster hunter is like complaining that platformers are just moving from left to right while jumping occasionally.

Filthy casul who never made it solo to G Rank in Freedom Unite detected.

Holy fuck you morons look at his flag.

People who piggyback to G with shit armor with no skills need to be thrown out a helicopter.

In case you want to use it
wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

What the fuck are you on about ? It works fine with a regular 360 one.
Also sage for your typical faggot who makes a new thread to make it seem he's winning an unwinnable argument.

The game is about skipping the dungeon and just fighting the boss at the end.
There's not even that much grinding. If you don't get the materials to make decent sets by just ticking all the quests, you have the shittest of luck.

Everyone thinks the normal game is the end-game grinding to get those 1% drops, but it's not. You only need those incredibly rare drops to finish off autism sets made in calculators to shave off 1 second from hunt times.

If you just want to have fun, you don't need to grind, but you will sink a lot of time into the game anyways, having fun.

That doesn't sound so nice.

Why not just progress like normal game?

You beat mooks, beat bosses, get new equipment -> proceed to new areas.

It works since Mario.

You act like people aren't complaining about that already.
archive.is/DoVkp

Some people like it, some people don't, but the "dude grind lmao" memes retards who have never played the game spout is completely false and should be rightly corrected.

And there are people complaining you have to hunt monsters in Monster Hunter.

What the fuck universe am I in right now? I distinctly remember Berenstain but if this is the Berenstein universe then I want out.

bitch please no one was going to get a vita.

Vita piracy has stalled to death because nobody actually gives a fuck about the vita.

okay, I'm done arguing with retards from the last thread so might as well roll

tried it, it's shit

What the hell is with the console-wars shitposters, especially for the new MH, as of late? You can't even discuss MH World, positively or negatively, without someone making it about nintendrone-this or sonygger-that.

I completely agree. How old is the average Holla Forums poster? This shit is fucking disappointing.

Criticism and tempered excitement for world should be based on analytical comparison to other titles like FU, Tri, 3U, and 4U (and Gen, which was clearly a step in the wrong direction). Instead they act like god damn 12 year olds with "MUH XBOX" and "HAIL GABEN" tendencies.

An actual discussion would be nice, wouldn't it? God, this place has turned into a shithole.

Saging extension to my own post, but I'm cautiously optimistic towards MHW myself.

I really hope that it's not too popular (larger community = more toxicity and more shitters), and that you can't just cancel every animation on a whim. I doubt they'll be able to balance it all that well, given the MH track record, but I can at least hope for something marginally better than Gen. I've only played that, 4U, and FU; of those, FU was my favorite but mainly for nostalgia and novelty. I soloed the entirety of 4U including most of G rank before moving on to other games, and I think it was pretty good, although mounting was a bit goofy and slightly too easy.

Anyways, I just want MHW to not do too well but to also be a good game with core gameplay along the lines of 4U (FU's too far back to be realistically in it at this point). I'd also really appreciate a bit of non-artificial difficulty and good endgame…. although considering the usual G rank OY VEYing Capcom pulls this is unlikely on the first release. Hopefully they at least do a normal overpriced DLC instead of the usual "buy the game again for the expansion" bullshit.

As long as the game is fun and not over(t)ly casualized I'll probably get it, because I enjoy MH games. I'd love to see some of the good second and third gen monsters in HD, too.

Have you seen MHW gameplay?
The game is a true MH successor. It's not a spin off. It's made by the main MH devs, not the second dev group who made X / XX.

I was wanting to be cautiously optimistic, but after seeing all the gameplay footage the game looks fucking amazing.

You can tell that the Nintendo platform has been holding back the Monster Hunter series for years just from seeing the 25~ minute demo gameplay of the MH devs hunting Anjanath.

You know there are other platforms that aren't handheld.

Only summer would fall for this.

But everybody is gonna get a 3DS?

The game looks fucking awful, they completely changed most of the mechanics and the game looks to be based off of dealing environmental damage as opposed to actually hitting the damn monsters.

this

The game looks fine, they just added a bunch of content and mechanics and no longer have ps2 era graphics/models

Nah, not really. The formula and core gameplay is still there if you watch the video instead of picking straws and trying your hardest to find flaws. They added a bunch a bunch of cool shit that makes it more of a hunting game and the combat less counter intuitive, but you're just going to shrug it off because you're a pessimistic cunt.

Dude, the environmental damage is completely optional you autist. Go ahead, hit the monsters, you still can.

I see you like outdated games which aged like cheese, which gives you a false sense of superiority. I bet you enjoy Super Smash Bros melee too? They are neat games but you shouldnt dismiss other people because of that. Thats pretty gay user.

That's a horrible argument and you know it.
Guys Styles and Hunter Arts are completely optional in gen!

i dont even own nintendo products, and MH is trash.

it was trash in the PS2, and its trash now.

Why do you have to turn this into console war shit? Besides, 4U was better than FU, 3U and XX sure as hell weren't though

Roll

They are. I almost never used them. Except adept, but ignore that Its completely optional. Just like environmental damage in mhw. In fact, its a pretty cool addition to the game that would be efficient part of using the environment instead of fighting in arenas like in the previous games. Now stop picking straws and come up with better arguments please.

You can get through all of low rank for sure without grinding at all as long as you don't make any matching sets and just slap on whatever, or at least go for a damage-boosting mixed set, it's just that when any casual plays a game that's even remotely difficult the very first thing they do is they grind, and when they find that grinding hasn't improved their skill at all they grind some more, and then they have the fucking audacity to complain about it.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think the console wars shit is being done by Capcom shills or fanboys of one of the platforms its going to be on (probably Sony, considering that was the first major platform for the series). I've noticed those that blame all the criticisms on nintendrones also tend to say things like "every change is actually an improvement", "the game is just like old MH games but with more things to do", and "it looks just like MH but with better graphics." Entirely blind faith, no caution, and usually no insight on the nuances of MH and what makes it so appealing in the first place. If you're actually from around here, the fact that it's a Capcom game should already make you temper your optimism, especially considering their track record as of late, and the devs outright stating they were designing the game to appeal more to the west and a wider audience should have thrown up several red flags, especially combined with Capcom. When has that phrase ever ended completely well for a game, especially for a Capcom-published game? Capcom has already fucked up two of their biggest babies, SFV and MvC, so lacking even a shred of trepidation for this game, one of their last big babies, is being outright stupid.

lol they're totally optional, except that you used them dumbass. And monsters are designed with enough HP that you need to use styles now.

Nigger what?

MH started on Sony.

I like how every Nintendo fans are going to blame Sony, when this game is on every platform but Nintendo.

There's a vested interest for Nintenbros to shit on this game.

That's what I'm saying. I'm sure there are a lot of Sony-fags that were tremendously salty when mainline MH moved exclusively to Nintendo consoles, and are now so excited the game isn't on a Nintendo console, so much they're completely willing to blindly praise the game if it means shitting on nintendrones. I'm just glad the game is going to be on PC (I own no current-gen consoles), but I'm worried it's going to end up some kind of monkey's paw deal. You know, "good news, it's on PC, but it's been heavily casualized and lost most of its identity in order to pander to the west. Have fun!"

here have a link to an article talking about it being just that. Do some research before getting excited. them spending half the article going "guys it's not casualized it's just modernized" tells volumes
archive.fo/vc7We

Or it's just salty ass Nintenbros getting mad that the game moves on every platform but the Switch.

Ever think of that?

To the >>>/bog/ with you.

It definitely doesn't sound casualized based on that article.

Yeah it's totally legit which is why they removed all longer animations period, and now spend almost the entire article trying to justify that it's not casual, good signs right?

Theres no styles or arts in MHW though user, they are dumping that shit in the trash where it belongs. The only gimmicky thing i hate about the game so far is the slinger. If they can balance it so it can be weak as fuck so i cant be like guts blasting monsters with a fucking arm cannon, then I would be fine with it.

The grappling hook makes sense as to traverse certain hard to reach areas since the verticality has gone up the rails in this game. I dont like how you can recover from mounting with it, but i heard you have to time it. From what ive seen so far it looks fairly easy.

The scout flies are great, they make a lot more sense than a fucking paintball. It also saves you the time of running around the map in 5 minutes tops looking for a monster you can find. If you dont have psychic or a psychoserum that is

Bigger monsters hunting smaller monsters on a quests seems like putting the game in easy mode in a way, but then we would have to deal with both of the monsters at the same time so that makes sense. Risk and reward right?

If you didnt know they now show the mineral and material nodes on the map instead of having to search for them yourself. I dont think the maps are THAT big so that you would never be able to find them? Or just put them in more obvious places at least?

Isn't every fucking game grinding at the end of the day? What's the point in getting a new gun in an FPS, or leveling up in an RPG, or conquering vast swathes of land in a Strategy game?

That definitely sounds like a legit excuse and it will help make the game quicker, yeah.

Nah, it's grinding because it's RNG.

You don't grind in FPS because once you kill an enemy, it's 100% chance he drops the desired gun.

I love MonHun. I've always loved it. I've got hundreds upon hundreds of hours in it.. I don't get why the fuck people are so assblasted over minor changes that don't actually fuck with the core gameplay in any kind of negative way.

Not to mention that MonHun players love to whine about the needer meter/desire sensor, and the sheer retardation of grinding a monster dozens of times for a single part. The games have flaws. Some pretty bad ones too.. and now Capcom is fixing those flaws, releasing on a console AND PC, and suddenly it's NOT MY MONHUN
Fucking idiots.

Because there's a vested interests for Nintendrones to shit on this game.

If this game bombs, Capcom would go back to rehashing games on the 3DS and Switch, which is what they want, complete MH control and everyone buying their shitty handheld to play.

Yeah it's certainly those dang nintendrones and not people who wanted monster hunter as opposed to a knockoff dragon's dogma right?

Why bring Dragon's Dogma into this?

MH World doesn't look like DD at all.

What are you anons going to get the game for?

or

Im getting it on the ps4 for now until i could get a better non toaster PC.
No one here is going to get it on the xbone, right???

Have you seen the gameplay footage? It seriously moves and handles like a second rate DD clone with the massive focus on climbing and mounting

I'd love a proper DD sequel that lives up to the shit they wanted to put in the first one, but let's not pretend that mounting hasn't been a thing for the past 3 games anyways. Now you can mount and climb around, and actually target the different breakable body parts and weak areas. It's something we're already used to, just better.

You act like only being able to target certain parts through constant jumping attacks or ranged weapons is somehow better than giving hunters more options for hunting is somehow only a thing that DD ever did, and that it's not a neat way to spice things up. All of this is of course predicated on the understanding that mounting isn't somehow absolutely, undeniably more effective than fighting in any other way. Which it isn't.

Except, it doesn't at all.

The way you run and attack is so much different in DD.

It is though, you're making assumptions based on ignoring the already revealed changes. Also you're ignoring how Aerial and IG worked in 4/X where it was basically an easy win so much that even retarded frenchmen did it

Quicker isn't better, especially in MH's case, where half the reason people like it, and a big aspect of its skill ceiling, comes from having to measure, time, and mitigate the various animations you use, from drinking potions to attacking. They also seem to be doing a lot of reducing the preparation part of the game, which is supposed to be a significant part of hunting. Then there's things like fucking damage numbers, one of those features, like constant lock-on and enemy health bars, the MH fanbase consistently mocks casuals for desiring. It gets added to World, and suddenly a whole bunch of MH "fans" are entirely okay with it. When FU was the big game to play, fans would have absolutely hated for the series to become more like DMC, yet I've seen someone here, claiming to be a fan, defend certain aspects of World by comparing them favorably to DMC. This is some very shilly behavior. "Oh, don't worry, every single change is an improvement. It's still the MH you love. Don't mind the criticisms, those are just salty nintendrones. Get hyped for the game, goy." It's really telling when someone posts an image like . No genuine Holla Forums user would willingly associate themselves with xbone, and reddit is more likely to specify Steam over PCs in general.

PC master race.

I absolutely wouldn't have minded if the series becomes more DMC-like.

Or that it's confirmed for these platforms and not Nintendo.

DMC, Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden, MUCH harder skill-based games all have that shit i.e. lock on and enemy health-bar.

MH was never even good.

I feel pretty confident that the only people actually upset at MHW are buttblasted Nintendrones who's shitty hardware wouldn't be able to run the game anyway.

Speaking of consolewar faggotry, why is MHW on PS4? I heard Capcom weren't going to make anything for Sony consoles after they fucked them over or something.

Why would they not? The PS4 platform is the most profitable due to it being the largest. It'd be a huge mistake to not release it on the PS4 seeing as it's multiplat already.

Like I said I thought they were butthurt at Sony for some reason. I had heard that's why there hasn't been a MH on a Sony platform since FU. And like it would be the first pant-on-head retarded thing Capcom's ever done.

It's
SMOKESCREENING
It's when you are going to point out how the game will be shit and list viable reasons, but (((someone))) decides that can't happen and deflects it with bait posting of consolewars, and because summerfags infest this place at the moment, it gets attention that would otherwise be ignored.

>>>/facebook/
>>>/twitter/
>>>/9gag/

Please list your viable reasons.

And if it's related to damage number popping up, considering your argument null, because it's not a viable reason.

Dorks.

t. dork

Why even post that?

Top tier gear won't save you when Dalamadur blows your ass out or Shen steps on you.