Is Cities Skylines worth buying?

Or should I pirate it?

if you like city builder's it's fun the best feature is the water physics.
I personally prefer simcity 4 but i'd put skylines as a close second.

This. I like Skylines, but it's missing something that's keeping me from playing for an extended period of time, whereas I can play SC4 for hours on end.
I do like some of the mechanics that are in skylines, such as districts, freeform roads and some of the policies introduced. But it all feels so limited.

Is there any reason not to pirate?

Skylines is a fun game, but it ultimately turns into a traffic simulator because the AI is fucking retarded.
You can make some very pretty looking cities though, and with the pretty active mod community you can get some neato buildings and stuff.
Overall I have enjoyed the game.

I remember the PeePeePooPoo threads when the game first came out

if the game is on special for

It's really good in terms of it does all the usual city builder mechanics well, traffic is mentioned a lot but it's usually near end game it starts to become a problem, but even then it's just a problem to overcome which i find fun in itself but maybe that's just me.
One thing i would say is the amount of utility buildings such as hospitals, police etc is ridiculous if you want to maintain the games required level for citizen happiness, like police stations and school and hospitals on near enough every other block (if you're building block style).
Apart from that the economic progression is really smooth and it's a pretty game overall.

i swear theres a traffic ai mod that makes cars change route if roads are too jammed in one area

Paradox are Swedish Jews, always shoving a ton of overpriced DLC in their games. Pirate away, they don't deserve a dime for their practices.

I believe the traffic problems are largely a lack of not understanding the way to build an actual city. Skylines is an unforgiving game.

It's worth buying (and supporting) if your not poor.

pretty much. i remember there was a traffic engineer on plebbit that made a thread with a bunch of tips

yeah, but it's one of those games where congestion will occur fairly often unless you build very well. even if you build well some areas will always have bad congestion, but it's about not making super dedicated large areas of high traffic required zones.

Anyways the game's a fun city builder, problem is that there's too much DLC that adds mostly cosmetic shit, and you hit an equalization point a little too quickly if you expand cautiously and with a basic plan.

You should pirate it because the latest release is regularly uploaded as well as the dlc's. It's paradox so they overcharge hard for the dlc.

Why would you bother buying anything first? Pirate it, then buy it if you like it.

Steam sale for $7.49 USD

I think that's a fair price for the game.

I always end up making a paradise, with very little slums or ghettos, then the boomers start dying left and right and then the city dies because no one else breeds and there's no more immigration. Feels bad.

Read the EULA and decide if Paradox games are worth a dime.

That being said, the game is a blast and you should definitely pirate it with all the DLC.

It's made by a group of womyn.
Pirate it.

ask a silly question

I actually think the traffic AI is damned good. but that's because I've actually lived in LA and Seattle and know that people will fucking flood the worst traffic congestion areas every fucking day of their life even if they know there's a better route available to them.

I wish they'd remake Tropico 2, but knowing Calypso it'd be a DLCfest.

The issue with Cities: Skylines is that it becomes incredibly fatiguing. After building a few neighborhoods or industrial sectors, you just sort of want to stop. There isn't enough of a great feeling about what you're doing due to simplicity, but the game requires significant thought as you progress due to traffic. Eventually, the only factor in any decision is traffic. Unlike real life, drivers in Skylines can only take one path to and from a destination, instead of going where is fast, convenient, and uncrowded.

It's fun to play for a bit, but I'd recommend just pirating it. You won't play it very long unless the traffic simulation interests you, and even if you do like it, they're doing the Paradox shit where the DLC already costs significantly more than the game.

tl;dr pirate it regardless

Just play SimCity 4. It's still the undisputed king and it has years of modding content to peruse.

I think the problem is that it's a very easy city builder, and there's a certain point where you can get a lot of money flowing in very easily without much effort. In addition, since there's nothing to really work for outside of a huge metropolis that it just becomes building a metropolis over and over in slightly varying terrain.

At least with Simcity 4, there's a lot of variety of cities you can make. You can make a fairly realistic urban area, a small section of rural towns with urban sprawls, or a large amount of towers and skyscrapers to make a booming metropolis.

Could you shill EA harder?

Where do cockgobblers like you even come from?

Nope.
Nope.

Rate my sprawl, Holla Forums.

CS cops a lot of shit for its traffic management, but frankly it's actually pretty realistic (most people in real life would rather sit through a traffic jam than actually bother to find a less congested path to their destination). If you put some actual thought into your city's layout you can minimize the future traffic headaches to some extent (but proper use of public transport is probably the only truly effective way to prevent major issues later on). I bought it when it first came out and I actually don't regret it (If I ever go back to playing it I'll probably pirate it along with all the DLC though - Paradox gonna Paradox after all).

As for Simcity 4, in my experience it doesn't play well with modern processors and operating systems (every time I've tried playing it over the years I've had force it to run on a single thread otherwise it would randomly crash, but then it would run like ass once your city gets huge - at least on my OC'd 2500k).

Looks breddy gud m8, it looks neatly symetrical with space utilized and organized. Can't say the same for my weird autistically made grids, I feel like I could handle the logistics better and there's more open space left in between. Fuck everything about organizing railroads holy fuck

The grids combined with the architecture style really give off a European feeling to them. It's actually a really pleasant aesthetic.
Whenever I make a grid, it ends up being very efficient yet brutal and soulless. Pic related.

shit thread. sage

It's made by retarded turbo tumblrdykekikes
Buy it, give it a shit review and refund it and say its shit to everyone you know
Sage for shill thread

Cities Skylines is fun. The problem is that it is just too easy. Making money is no challenge. The traffic AI is shit, but there is a mod that greatly improves it. There isnt much variety in buildings, Simcity 4 looks a lot nicer. But fuck EA.