Isn't it weird how NIntendo never did open world in their long life...

Isn't it weird how NIntendo never did open world in their long life, then they do it and they're immediately better at doing it than almost all other developers? Exploring just for the sake of exploring and not even because I wanted a certain reward was fun again.

its time to stop

You don't belong here.

this

Zelda 1 and 2, OoT, Majora Mask, Twilight Princess weren't open world?
Top kek

What is Sunshine then

Heh, nintendofags.

Rockstar did open world the best before they began to hate fun.

Great thread OP.

Any context on that image? Like what fucking games I'm even looking at? It took me a couple minutes of looking at it just to even see that there was more than one.

Also,
are mutually exclusive.

This is your brain on Cucktendo.

It's a shame Xenoblade X was censored to hell, as it has one of the most beautiful open-worlds I've ever seen.

Don't forget ALttP being literally open world too

…It's you isn't it? Nintendo-autist. I commend your dedication and the fact that you're posting new pictures for once but you're still fucking annoying

You had me worried OP, how long did you wait this time to pitch the game at us again?

faggot

It's natural to be afraid to go against the game that won the Test of Time award.

Yeah Nintendo did a splendid job of telling me open world games are still garbage.

Nintendo is shit lol and so is little gay ass mario

Not even remotely open world, you cockmongling faggot.

What's Xenoblade's gameplay even like? I've heard absolutely nothing about it.

He probably spent the whole evening making that pic

Fuck this Dark Souls meets open world game.

But does it offer souls-like experience?

FFXI

Dark Souls was an open world game

Phone fags need not apply.

Thanks.

OoT, MM and TP are not open world, obviously.

And Zelda 1 and 2 are 2D which isn't comparable with 3D and this thread is about 3D.

That's true. San Andreas was something else, and then there is GTA V 10 years later and it doesn't bring anything new to the table except a shitty online mode. It's like they fired everyone with a little "pioneerism".

What does this have to do with the topic?

This is your brain on Nintendo.

It's about the ratio between generic, empty shit and handcrafted stuff.

And why is that?

Zelda II, Zelda, and FE:Gaiden

Tech iliterates need not apply
Don't waste peoples time.

Japanese games are better than Western games? Totally unexpected!

What the fuck did Zelda do better than any by the numbers open world?

It had the Nintendo logo on the box.

Some faggots still think that stands for anything other than on-disc DLC, phone games, derivative re-treads of 20 year old franchises, and overpriced console accessories for a badly designed and even worsely marketed console.

It was on a nintendo console which is the only thing Nintentards own so its the only thing they played.
This is the main reason why you see some people praising Nintendo for playing catch up even if its shit like on disc DLC and their awful DRM. They don't know any better.

I absolutely loved BotW and your image is interesting but I think you need to stop posting.

The only thing Ninty did right (and annoyingly right) is that they spent money on a shill brigade on the chans.

I get mad every times I see a "why haven't you build a Ninty console yet" thread on Holla Forums while the Ninten shills cry about Sonyggers.

PNG is only a problem for phone or toaster fags. Both need not apply.

No fuck you, you deserve to get the thread derailed for being a retard and not knowing when to compress an image.

shoo shoo shill

Because they aren't open in any way.

More handcrafted locations, tight level design and dungeons with puzzle-solving, cross-room puzzles, interactivity, physics, love for detail (hell, every single NPC is unique, basically every other open world game in this world has clones). Also barely any glitches. Even other developers such as Ubisoft and CDPR said it's amazing.

And so on and so on. See picture in OP.

JPG has been posted twice already.

I don't give a fuck.
You made a mistake and came back with shit tier excuses.

Except all of them have a open world map complete with side quests
What retarded definition of open world are you using?

So what the fuck do you explore in BoTW?

I've got all your arguments covered right here commie.

Honestly if I were a gamedev I would do:
1) random heightmap for world, until you get something interesting, with promise.
2) Then you go ham on the handcrafting, changing anything from heights to what not else and adding everything.
3) Rando genned cookie cutter dungeons as a particular place, like bloodborne chalice dungeons, while handcrafted dungeons populate the world.

This pic and pic related is the big difference.

Mostly the same Wikipedia is using (and OoT is not considered open world there) with some minor changes. Open world is just another term for sandbox and OoT isn't a sandbox game, it's seperated into many, many different zones and many locations are locked behind a wall until you have followed a red line until a certain point.

Strictly speaking, not even Skyrim is open world since all big towns and interiors are locked behind loading times. It's by defnition not open. However, if we'd be this strict, we could count open world games on the fingers of your hand, so we aren't doing this. However, it's common knowledge that games like OoT aren't open world.

The stuff you can see in the picture in the original post, for example.

So what the fuck do you explore in pic related?

Finding treasure chests?

This is why I absolutely loathe Nintendo's fanbase. They have more censorship apologists than any other. They don't just bend over, they spread their cheeks too.

Those are some good ones, thanks.

I actually don't. It pisses me off, but no one cares about X anymore and what they censored is very hard to critcize without looking like a pedo. There is literally a 13 year old girl with a thong and something that barely resembles a bra in the original.

Now if they would give that girl in Xenoblade 2 more clothes or reduce her breast size, this would be actually a) topical and b) would make it an easy target. We could go all "my body, my choice" on them and even pretend they discriminate girls with big breasts and women rights as a whole.

Are you disabled? You explore the locations. Not all games are generic pieces of shit. If you actually care, you can design a location that's fun exploring just for the sake of exploring (well, you get experience for discovering new places anyway).

And yes, there are unique monsters and loot everywhere as well.

Oh shut the fuck up nigger.

Sony games don't censor 13 year old games in a bikini.

What are there to explore?

Treasure chests?

Am I supposed to be impressed by that?

bumplocking thread since OP is a known ban evader. the topic itself is fine

Please no childish console fanboy war in here. It's about games and only games.

Although I find it weird how people believe giving a 13 year old clothes is worse than the relentless cultural Marxism in almost all the Sony games (or all western games these days).

The funniest thing is I bet most of you also believe you're so woke, so redpilled. Now if a western developer or Hollywood or whatever, Viacom; a sitcom, a new movie would show a little girl almost completely naked, you fuckers would scream "PEDO PROPAGANDA", "THE JEWS ARE DOING IT AGAIN", just as you're doing it with those creepy Youtube videos right now.

You know, most people on those cryptic internet websites like Holla Forums are really just hypocritical, fat, depressed underachievers.

Then go play your little Sony games and stop shitposting in my thread with braindead nonsense like

Thank you.

I never did this and I don't even know how this would work.

I don't recall anyone excusing Sony for their bullshit. And no I wouldn't scream pedo propoganda because I wouldn't give a shit. What I give a shit about is censorship, and everything Nintendo puts out is censored. I'll excuse having shitty opinions and politics in games but I sure as hell won't support it anymore than I'll support Nintendo.

Please explain yourself further.

It's much worse because it's censorship.

You don't improve quality of games by putting clothes to a 13 year old, the same as marxist shit.

At least you get your priorities straight. I respect this. Fine.

I think you do since you prevent further nourishing of pedophile minds and psychological priming with your product. Japan is a different culture with a different age of consent, fertility rate, a homogeneous society with way, way less crime and testosterone (which can be reliably associated with crime, especially rape and murder).

BotW was the worst "open world" game. There's no motivation to explore as no loot has value - a fancy sword or shield you might find will break in under 60 seconds so why bother searching. There's nowhere you can't easily reach from the beginning of the game. There's no variation as it's the same 4-5 enemies copypasted across the entire fucking map with meaningless loot. You never gain a new way of traversing the landscape (horses are worse than walking and are more limited). It feels empty and sterile.

Subnautica did open world right. The Nintenyearolds who start these threads should be forced to play it and see the huge difference.

Huh, so you are saying if I play video games with naked 13 year old, I'm gonna be a pedophile?

Holy shit, the next Jack Thompson.

It's normal to be naked. Stop projecting your issues onto everyone else.

No. Stop replying to me, please.

It's hilarious you're the one who posted this picture . Maybe you can make one for pedophiles and their arguments now?

If so much as showing people a thirteen year old girl that doesn't even exist can make them pedophiles, then I don't think the problem is the girl. If things are as bad as you seem to think they are, then most men are pedophiles already.

Why? Because you are the next Jack Thompson?

OP didn't include Skyrim because it's not Nintendo. Isn't that the whole point of this thread?That being said Skyrim is open world you piece of shit, loading barriers have existed in just about every open world game until recently.

It isn't
No zelda game is a sandbox one. Not even this recent excuse for wasting time.
and I think with that and pic related its safe to consider you mentally challenged.

I fucking knew it, it is you, you insufferable faggot. Jesus christ. You didn't answer my question in your last thread either, are you going to do this with every Nintendo game that comes out or what

Only two of the games in the picture are Nintendo. Skyrim isn't included because three generic games are enough to make the point. And everything looks amazing and super handcrafted in comparison with Skyrim.

There are many older open world games that don't have loading screens when you enter a building or a town and let you approach and enter said towns any way you want. Even GTA III. Technically you can get from Staunton Island to Shoreside Vale any way you want (see the Dodo) and the loading screen (basically non-existent on PC) is basically just there so the game can slowly build up the draw distance on PC. In Skyrim there is only one linear way (which for itself is already an indicator for a game not being really open world) and there's always a long loading screen unless you're using a glitchy mod.

But I just said myself I still consider Skyrim open world. Learn to read.

It was last time I chicked and I think it still should be. The lines are becoming too blurry.

Of course it is. Wikipedia's definition:

Of course this doesn't cover everything but this goes hand in hand with my defintion.

Don't know what your point is or what this picture is even showing. If you want to argue with Wikipedia, at least use the actual text. Ocarina of Time surely has some open world elements, though.

It's amazing how CDProjekt never did it as well, released only three games in it's entire existence, and then released an open world game better that this shit.
Truly a fascinating thing.

It's not about beig a phone or toaster fag, it's about not being an illiterate nigger that doesn't know about compression and makes an 11mb png