Making the Missing Poster absolutely impossible to find and then making it the only way to unlock the lost was a very...

Making the Missing Poster absolutely impossible to find and then making it the only way to unlock the lost was a very interesting design choice, what a talented team of devs

The core mechanics aren't strong enough to justify multiple playthroughs.

I dropped everything from team meat after the Danny Baranowsky left.

Does the old method not work anymore?

Not if you have the DLC from what I read

user who unlocked the lost in afterbirth without knowing about the new method here, it still works.

oh shit
If you're fucking with me and make me go through all that shit and it doesn't work I will find you and diddle your butthole

I hope you mean azazel lilith and eden, becasue everything else is literally isaac in a wig.

Yeah pretty much
Though I don't like RNG: The Character either

Who's playing antibirth here?
It's way better than rebirth+ and doesn't have many of the unnecessary nerfs that came with dlc (plus the retarded enemies and bosses nobody really liked, i only miss the hush)

Me neither, but i appreciate it has more depth than isaac in a wig.
Have you tried Our Darker Purpose?

I don't know if that's the name of a mod or if you're trying to convince me to join a cult

Reminder that Antibirth was a better expansion than the last few the game has had, and it was made by modders for free.

What exactly is the appeal of Binding of Issac? It always seemed like a shitty meme game pushed by redditors as being
But after looking into it and playing it it's just a disconnected mess of gameplay mechanics and features that are just constantly piled on without much thought and people applaud it.

It's a game that's similar but better IMO, since item pool is lower, but everything serves a purpose hhehehe. The variety is also in being able to pick the next floor out of 2-3 possibilities.
For defeating enemies you get experience, once you get enough you level up and get a perk choice, always one out of two.
There are also unlockable traits that change the playstyle to a varying degree, for beating the >final boss you get blink instead of a dodgeroll as an option.
The devs might be actually dead though, since last time they've been online was over a year ago.

are you fucking retarded, you don't need the poster to unlock the lost

B^U

Thank God it works on seeded runs albeit i like my azazel run to be legit just for thrills

The appeal is repetition and rng ironically enough.
You do more runs, unlock more items/bosses, then you come close to 100% the game and become too bored to play.
Then the next dlc/mod comes out.

Maybe they'll make it easier to unlock when they release Afterbirth Rebirth ++ DX next year for $30

Maybe they'll make it easier to unlock when (((Nicalis))) releases Afterbirth Rebirth ++ DX next year for $30

The fuck is this?

Maybe 8ch just really likes loss

huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

top huh

Arg shit in general was a mistake.
Bedpan Macguffin throwing a shit fit and locking off half of afterbirth because people couldn't be fucked with his (planned) 5 year to solve puzzle bullshit was ass enough.
Nevermind shipping afterbirth unfinished and shipping afterbirth+ which still didn't cover all the promised content.

He created an item called dataminer which is the most useless item in the game, it either raises or lower your stats by a minuscule amount.

Hey now, ARGs can be cool if they're not designed by a retard

Pic related. But BoI's appeal is basically being Smash TV mixed with Zelda 1, but this was back when there was actually shit to add. After Rebirth hit the scene was when the pool of items you could find or buy started getting bloated with useless horseshit to provide the illusion of new content, as well as Edmund and Nicalis attempting to railroad players into it being a "difficult" game, completely mindless of the fact that lucking out and getting something tremendously overpowered was half the fun. Started introducing bosses with damage resistance/scaling HP in Afterbirth as well, and Edmund/Nicalis didn't account for the fact that these bosses could still be cheesed; due to shots dealing fixed damage against these bosses, "machinegun" items like the Number One absolutely decimate them.

Ed probably could've pronounced it finished with Rebirth.

No it's a fucking scavenger hunt to market your game
And besides

Awful.

You have a very poor understanding of what an ARG is

That's exactly what it was, though.

There was nothing "alternate reality" about it. It's a meme term to disguise the truth