Powerup/weapon is introduced to the player

What games do this?

In Ratchet and Clank Going Commando during the Clank stages there's a specific microbot you can use called a Lifterbot that lifts things out of the way for you. He only appears on this single planet he's introduced on and never again in the entire game.

The super useless levitation ability some metroidvanias had.
Even a fangame has it.

Metal Gear Solid the Phantom Handjob.

It was apparently going to be usable throughout the game in the same way D-Walker was but was apparently seen as majorly unbalanced so was cut.

It made me sad that all you could use it for was one level and to farm 1-ups in the observatory.

I'd estimate that they intended to use the feature more often during development, but circumstances led them to drop it.

Going Commando actually has a developer commentary up on Youtube, they might explain why that guy only appeared once but I'm not certain.

As far as I know it was due to playtesters not liking it. Which caused it to be dropped in later levels.

Final Fantasy Tactics
He shows up as an AI guest in one story mission and never shows up in missions again. It isn't even an important story mission. You're just fighting some random thieves at their hideout in the middle of nowhere.

The spinny spike thing in Twilight Princess.

There's not really very many Clank sections in the games in general. I always remember Going Commando's sections to be more tolerable than than in the other two games. Orxon is definitely awful, way too long and boring and I remember the ice section in UYA being pretty shitty too.
There's probably some gadgets or items in the series that were rarely used too, though honestly a lot of them were never all that fun anyway. The hologuise is the fucking worst.

For what purpose?

Developers are obsessed with making sure every player's experience is the same.

user it's the author of the story self inserting as an OP self-gratifying fuck. It's one of the big red flags about the game's theme, if you're paying attention.

implying these morons even play games at all outside of when they're paid too

Some platformers like Donkey Kong Country have a gimmick that's only used in one stage.

Kuribo shoe in SMB3 is a classic in that regard.

Isn't Ungaga literally only used in the dungeon you find him in?

Entirety of DNF.
I think you get shrink and freeze gun exactly once and you are given something like 10 bullets.

You know I did love the game but people praise its story when its like the same of the worst of generic FF garbage that ends up in

like the only time that was ever good was SMT III, the one time that shit was done well, and that's mostly because they set the world UP for that crapsack rather than a war being fought with swords and shields but oh luck here comes guns and magics and Cloud and Dante from DMC

play tactics ogre: let us cling together. The leveling/grinding system is more horrid but you're given so many more options. The one thing I will say however is Tactics Ogre's item selection/customization is abysmal.

If I'm not mistaken, GTA IV had a mission where you had to drive a bomb-rigged truck, but you couldn't go too fast/slow/whatever the fuck it was or else it would explode. That was the only fucking mission it was in and you couldn't unlock the ability to rig trucks/cars to explode like you could in Vice City.