Valkyria Revolution

This game just came out for PS4/PSV/XB1, and it managed to be one hell of a mess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vP6UUrUL91E
archive.is/vvSKp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what if it doesn't suck?

Its out and it demonstrably is suck.

waiting for footage of demonstration said suck

youtu.be/vP6UUrUL91E

It's even worse on Vita, the enemy animations drop to 10fps as you move farther away, pop-in is always an issue, the audio is compressed and sounds like shit. Not to mention the LOADING screens that are EVERYWHERE in the game, GOD FUCKING DAMN WHY

Hard to believe fans didn't want the original title, which was supposed to be a Warriors/Musou game.

That's not hard to believe. It's just that they didn't know this was coming. They had to rebuild the game after receiving all that negative feedback. I didn't want another Musou type game either.

Why can't they just port the two PSP games? Did they lose the source/assets?

Maybe they just desperately want to make more than just niche games.

ENOUGH

I wouldn't have cared either way
Sega said a mainline title was also in the works, right?

Just like every other dub in existence, why does this surprise you?

They said that this game is a spinoff and it's success or lack there of wouldn't affect the main series. Which would imply that there is something in the works. No actual confirmation beyond that I'm afraid.
Of course this came after they released gameplay footage and people threw a massive shitfit, so it could just be damage control. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

DISPOSABLE

One day user

What a shame

there are still games on the vita made by AAA companies?

Guess I was too optimistic to think the dub would be as good as VC1.

AAA game with a transition worse than Borderlands 2 and RE: Revelations 2 on Vita.

If you go over to r/vita, redditfags will practically defend any shit that hits the system, even trash like this entry. This should be a lesson to Sega IF they decide to VC4.

You forgot how the game is easy for 90% of it but then they go fuck you and make you grind,if you want to clear the chapter the same day because hp sponges are fun along with 20 minute by default boss fights according to the same fucks who decided to add a shitty valkyria skin to shining resonance

Sony has left it to die, but it is going to have games made for it for a few years at most.

They need to put VC4 on a stronger console or PC so that the scale of the battles can be increased again. I hope all the sales from rereleasing fucking VC1 twice was enough to tell them that.

Might as well be a PC exclusive, I can only imagine the frame drops and loading on PS4 Pro. I think Sega is slowly realizing their games are better on PC, try playing Vanquish or Bayonetta on consoles.

This was a trainwreck before the concept art was even done.

You forgot to mention
If they had just released it as a seperate IP, it would have been more tolerable but GOTTA GET THAT BRAND RECOGNITION SON

I was gifted the original Valkyrie Profile on the PC but my toaster can't run it and I won't be getting a new PC for some time. Found a copy of the PS3 version for $8 and I was thinking of just getting that.

Are their any major differences between the PC port and the PS3 besides DLC not being automatically unlocked? Should I just go ahead and get it for console because I keep seeing this game mentioned and I don't know much about it aside from it being an underappreciated gem of the last console generation. And RAITA did the designs.

Buy it on the Triple, then when you get a PC play it again with the DLC.
Thank me later.

PS3 it is than. I'll thank you now since I doubt we'll ever meet in this endless ocean.

PC has Japanese voices as well as English. That's about it.

Have fun.

Doesn't PS3 have the samething?

He was an independent contractor from day one.

if it wasn't for yakuza games i'd have sega bombed jesus christ

IIRC Revoltion was already in development by the time the PC/PS4 ports got announced. Not that it changes a whole lot.

So it's as bad as everyone feared from the onset? Just give us console/PC ports of VC2 + 3, Sega.

I wonder how not-Selvaria/Brunhilda holds up in Revolution amidst all the negatives mentioned by OP.

I dont know but those tiddies are ridiculous

Badly

For starters, even a cell phone can emulate those these days. Second, if you'd ever played 2, you'd know why Sega tried to bury it. I never touched 3 because of how shit 2 was.

Sega is protected by divine providence due to EO, the last actual video game series.

lol what a faggot

How much you want to bet they'll botch those too somehow?

LOL this is why I don't get my hopes up for modern vidya. A franchise finally comes out that I can give a shit about and all THIS happens.

they haven't yet although japanese fans seem unsatisfied with 6, zero was still fantastic and kiwami taking from zeros foundations should be very strong

I was thinking of the supposed PC release they're working on primarily, but in general, with how VC's turned out, I don't even know anymore.

I don't have a next-gen console, so I'm waiting for a PC release. Without it, Yakuza's dead to me since I ain't wasting shekels on a console I won't really use otherwise.

i bought the bloodborne box knowing damn well i'd use it mostly for bloodborne and yakuza, mock me if you desire but games must be played by any means necessary

also for playing fighter games locally

Its ok I bought my PS4 mainly for Miku and Yakuza, also on the off chance they'll make a new Deception game.

You could maybe argue that VC1 had it, though it still had a whole lot of nonsense for animu reasons, like solider uniforms with skirts and ZR, all sorts of wacky hairstyles allowed and no helmets. But by the sequels, it's nothing but retarded anime cliches.

you could make the slight argument that its a militia of a small farming town and the only thing they had going for them was 1 tank. not a strong argument but it was enough for me to not groan my way through VC1 especially compared to 2

No size is ridiculous enough when you need to pander for dat sweet sweet otakufag cash.

Something that triggers my autism is the fact they changed Ragnite to Mana. Mana just seems so generic.

VC1, while unrealistic in some aspects, at least had everyone wearing similar uniforms in realistic coloring and aside from skirts and ZR, they appeared to be designed with soldiers in mind. I agree with you that 2 fell away, although even then there were still continuous patterns between the soldiers that slightly preserved the "military uniform, all soldiers must dress similarly". 3 was almost full animu level, although the gameplay was far better than 2. And throughout all the games, guns always remained useful and realistically designed, aside from obvious "vunderweapons" like the ragnite soldiers from 2, the massive tanks from 1, and the Valkyrie weapons from all games. And because these were ultra rare, top secret weapons, there was some plot reason for them to look so unrealistic, just like how some real world wonder weapons just look stupid in terms of weapon design.

VR though? You've got average soldiers running around with these God Eater looking weapons that are glowing like a lightsaber, everybody is wearing some sort of fashion statement with absolutely no connecting theme and no sense of "this would be used by a soldier". You have Edgy McProtag wearing a goddamn leather trenchcoat and chest belts like he's walking out of a Nomura FF game, a princess in a fucking bride dress, guys wearing jeans and midriff-exposing jackets over skin tight shirts, where's the fucking military unit cohecency? Tanks are these fucking giraffe and scorpion affairs, and show up often enough that they're clearly meant to be commonplace, and not wild-eyed, desperately designed wonder weapons, and all this is supposed to be set during the late 1800s/early 1900s, but with no indication of it taking place during that time period aside from one or two characters wearing suits of that time. No attempt at historical influence or real world references was made in the slightest. And, of course, and one of the biggest flaws, guns are useless because the devs decided they have to take a back seat to glowing human-sized sword fights.

an argument of V-fucking-C

What?

i can just plug it into my living room tv and have to controllers ready in under 5 minutes compared to getting it ready on my pc, also easier to bring somewhere else than my giant pc tower

I got no desire to mock you. It's just that I'm a primarily PC gamer. I don't mind consoles - I got gifted my PS3 and still use it from time to time - but I'd just prefer it to be on PC.

Sure, I could go out and buy a PS4 but nothing on the market interests me. The PS4 would gather dust outside me playing Yakuza.

It's just a waste of money to me. Either put Yakuza on PC or I'll just stick to playing the PS3 games.

*Older games I mean.

Despite having some superficial and unnecessary classes like techs, gunners and fencers, 3 is very good game.
Significantly better than 2 in every way, really.

VC is all about cute animu grills with guns blowing up tanks by shooting them in the ass.
It's somewhat unique, but still has the retarded cliches like the forced mascot.

I just wish the game wasn't about rushing fucking everything.

I always just chocked that up to The Nameless not being a proper military unit. In the game, they're described as being basically just an elaborate death sentience - so rather than just kill them, they gave them some suicide missions they didn't want to kill militia and regular troops over.

Yeah, they still had uniforms, but nobody gave much of a shit how they were worn. It actually makes less sense to have them in anything even close to resembling a military uniform, because a number of the missions they were sent on were basically black ops that they didn't want traced back to the Gallian military. Like that one mission where they invaded the Empire despite it apparently being against their Constitution to wage war on a foreign power.

RANCE STRIKES AGAIN

Complaining about the English dub? Is the game not dual audio?

God I hate Valkyria because it attracted PC gamers and people who've never played a JRPG since FF7 when they were kids. Non weeb scum.

Go back to Europa Universalis.

You've been here a while too haven't you? That was one of the first edits I made and posted here some time around the first exodus.
I'm amazed someone saved it and glad that there's at least one other user still here who's been here this long.
polite sage for offtopic.

Why are the fucking gooks retarded? They could just used the old damn engine, made the maps bigger, add tanks, planes, ships and submarines, but no they wanted to make something different, anyone got that interview page from a magazine were they are talking about VR in the most retarded way?
VR killed VC4.

I vaguely remember some statement about VR being a spin-off game that they wanted to try, which they said would not impact a potential VC4.

What's the problem?
Everyone liked the first one, what the hell are you talking about?

Sega has been very clear that this is a spin-off with its PR guys, I they know at some level that this isn't what fans really wanted.

That's the one, I think.
I really have to wonder what the idea behind this game was.
It looks like they were not sure themselves, but felt the need to pour money into it anyway without any assurance that they'd get a return on the investment.

Although, to be fair, that's probably how VC got made in the first place.
It's strange because they had a good thing going and then just dropped it for no reason.
That's fine, I can wait. They'll come around eventually.

This was well after it got announced and fan from both sides of the pond reacted to the idea of a ARPG valkyria like a wet fart.
Yeah sure user,i'm enjoying the new classic style shining- oh wait its dead and used as a dispenser for ideas that sega want to milk and this piece of shit is in fact using the engine of one of them.Also where is my classic phantasy star,sega?

I just chose that snippet because it was recent. Back when it was announced they had already said they don't consider this a part of the VC series people actually like.
archive.is/vvSKp

Again you just posted a interview from after the announcement came out and fans weren't pleased.It stinks of damage control and again thinking that it being a spinoff won't lead to the death of chronicles due to it selling well and them wanting the dosh is fucking retarded

Had you read the archive you would have seen it was from the first announcement that was translated from Famitsu from the very same day.
You are retarded if you think this is selling or doing well. It has had a lukewarm-negative response and is the worst selling game in the series.

Why would you make an engine for a single game and then never use it ever again?

And you lack reading comprehension,IF it sold well and in fact better than chronicles like sega planned,What fucking incentive would there be to continue it.And again I parsed it again and it indeed is from the announcement day but it still stinks of damage control regardless,This is the same company that fucking killed the VC dev time,brought in contractors and told them to make VC2 for middle school kids and they fucking admitted it in a interview for this game

They literally used the battle system in the shitty PSP Shining Blade though, which was anime as fuck trash.

I can get how a lot of people shit on the ps4 because they tend to shit on jap games in general. It comes with the territory and if anything importing shit has taught me to read moon runes a lot faster than some flash cards.

Did they say this before or after the game flopped in Japan?

I'd rather it all just come out on the PC as that's where I play my games.

Like I said, I buy a PS4 and it's just going to gather dust. VC was one of the VERY few franchises post-2006 I actually had an interest in and it got ruined on me.

There is literally nothing else on the market I want, from Japan or the West. So it's either put it on PC or I just stick to retro shit.

But I can see where you come from when it comes to runereading, although I'd rather learn that shit for a real reason, not playing some such JPRG I'd likely get bored with within a couple days.

No doubt it was from having to redesign the game when fans complained about it not being a strategy. I don't recall the "spinoff" part being emphasized enough so I was disappointed as well it revealed. I'm forgiving towards the devs because of this, but it's no doubt a fluke. Not that it matters since I don't have a platform to buy it on.

I'm also satisfied with VC2 since it was my first game in the series and the psp didnt have to many notable games

The game had to be redesigned because the demo was a fucking dumpster fire.
Hello underage from reddit,Have you considered suicide lately to relieve yourself and this planet of your retardation?

Wasted opportunity.