Dev Bretayals

I'm in a melancholy mood, so let's talk about things that have gone wrong with your favorite companies.
I miss rare, I miss hudson soft, I miss SNK and I fucking miss Konami.

Share your pain in this thread and tell us why you don't enjoy vidya as much as you used to before. For me, it's because all of my favorites are defunct or barely even make games anymore, and the ones they DO make, are fucking trash.

Needs no explanation.

You are retarded

I don't get it

He's probably a leftypol crossposter who rants about capatalism from his iPhone.

Oh, that makes sense. No wonder his stupidity flew right by me.

Play trainspotting intro by Iggy:

(You fucked up OP. Fucked up real bad.
I truly hope the next time you try to "share", you just go do something else. Just joking, please share as often as possible)

I would assume that he's talking about how you shouldn't think of companies as your friends or even caring about you.

True, but with that logic, you might as well stop talking to people here since they stop caring about you when the thread dies. Besides, you can still enjoy a product without wanting people busy working day and night to validate your existence. It seems like an attention whore move, "There are millions of people, why don't they pay attention to ME specifically". That's impossible m8

Today is the day you can go noose shopping.
Don't be shy, they all fit.

You're completely missing the point. You shouldn't think of people that are trying to sell you a product as friends.

True, you can still have a favorite company though.

Sorry for shitposting earlier, but what companies do you mean op? Are they the old good ones like Blizz-North, Black Isle, 3do, Bullfrog, TSN, Shiny, Westwood, Looking glass and the many other over analyzed a like.
Or do you have something new to add?

OP is gone, you made him kill himself

why do you want hear the same posters whine about the same shit for the 10,000th time?

Wrong, I am not a leftyfag

Correct

See

I saw your posts

Good. Be on your best behavior.

Having a favourite company does not imply you think of them as friends, it just means that you really like the games they put out.
Having a preference != Company worship

Oh god I hope you are right.

So back to topic of lost companies and franchises. (Is this some kind of weird thread snipe thing?)
I have to say Westwood, and the truly epic franchise C&C. As a fake fanatic RTS fan, most annoying shit was when the meme "all the fans stopped playing RTS" was made. Truth is most RTS fans still play RTS:s, and new fans start at SC2 and then find the old good ones like Supreme Commanders and C&Cs. Hell, Red Alert is still played. Problem is that most RTS players tend to stick to one game as long as possible, because they don't give a fuck about new maps or units (maybe maps), they want to beat the other players. If the game is balanced, the game is good till the end of time.

I played the shit out of C&C Generals online. Too bad it's a bitch to get running on modern hardware, it has some DX related problems that never got solved. Too bad since it had fairly good multiplayer.
(Next post I have to bitch about the company Shine)

Really activates my almonds.

Maybe just call it shit thread and leave it at that. No need to go full conspiracy.

Continuing on the topic. The company Shiny Entertainment (I always get it wrong as Shine) had some insane talent and innovative force in them. They made games MDK, Messiah and Sacrifice, that are all big landmarks in the computer game development history. Both in graphical advancements and gameplay mechanics. But the company got eaten by Infogrames and Atari.

Now I have to go play Sacrifice again. That game is insanely good. Go play it now, it's "Black and White"-god game without the bullshit building and managing, just war.

How the fuck is it by"that logic" you autistic faggot.

As much as I love high quality 2D art, Arcsys has really made the 3D artstyle of Xrd look amazing.

On a different note, the new KoF looks like complete dogshit and they should be ashamed for replacing probably the most beautiful stage spritework in all of fighting games with that garbage.

Sure thing bud.

it's pretty shitty tbh, earthworm jim & aladin were the only good shiny games.

Pick a company friend. At least one of these things strike true.

I used to like the cancer known as bioware. I feel deeply ashamed of myself.

Obsidian when they caved in to leftist shaming and then drank the Kool-Aid themselves. They're now the second BioWare. Fuck them.

Bioware is a special kind of retarded cancer. Their forums were full of faggot circlejerkers and any type of criticism was outright attacked by mindless husks of human beings. Or that fat fuck that used to work there. Cant remember the name. Chris something. Interestingly CD Project hired exactly that excuse of a human being to monitor their own shittu forum. Just at the time the whole downgrade of the Witcher 3 happened. But it seems everyone has forgotten and jerks them off for making one better than average rpg.

Is that entirely the fault of Westwood though, wasn't this well into EA ownership?

I'm not the autistic one for not getting it though. Unless you contact people directly, they will never know of you again, same happens with devs, directors, musicians, etc from corps.

you type like a fucking retard

Yoko Taro betrayed me. Yoko Taro is the Japanese Notch.

Yoko Taro may be a plagiarist.
His sudden burst of inspiration came right after his visit to Holla Forums.
Automata hasn't very much in common with its "prequel".
It may have been far less popular if not for the plagiarized content, look and feel. Several parts appear as if they've been duplicated with no understanding of why they're supposed to be that way.
It's clearly similar enough for people to notice, they're just doing it exclusively in his favor.
Have a gif from 2014. Notice the hair and the B&W color scheme.

I wouldn't be half as infuriated at the situation, if not for the fact that you cucks peddle Automata as some genius auteur's art project made for peanuts, calling it alternative and a whole host of other horse shit. Meanwhile, it was a joint effort between two well known corporations, delivering atrocious quality compared to what it should have been with the staff, time and budget, despite saving substantially on R&D and risk by possibly ripping off a game that actually fits the description you desperately want to slap on it. It would've been okay if you treated it as the run of the mill Plat game it is. No comments on the story because that's subjective, but I don't like it.
By the standards Holla Forums has been holding me up to this entire time, the game is 5/10, that 5 only being for, I guess, working most of the time, and having a few professional, yet unimpressive, assets.
Didn't stop some of you cucks from not only throwing completely false praise at it and glorifying a director who did barely any of the actual work that goes into making a game, but from also trying to memory hole the original.
The port was fucking horrible and full of what I can only call rookie mistakes. How badly do you have to fuck up your GI that it has to be turned off?

Feel free to translate and send a copy of this post to the man himself. Please also ask him to tell his fans to stop harassing me.

inb4 but you copied DMC, no, that's hardly the same for countless reasons.

did you really save this copy pasta?
I hope for this faggot's sake that you're just shitposting using his name

I liked Valve and Blizzard's games when they were fun.

Now I know better, not getting affiliated by any company. They fuck up each and every time and they only want their shekels.

Sometimes I crave for buying Overwatch, but then I remember nu-ctivision Blizzshit made it and refuse to give a shekel to these fuckers. I still want to play it.

Serves him right for being such a retard.

he deserves every fat joke he receives

Are you the next Yandere Dev? Fucking cunt

It was Chris Priestly. As to CDPR's forum, it used to be very good, but after TW2's release on 360 things started going to shit. It started with infamous "why can't women be witchers" thread and biweekly "why do witchers carry two swords?" threads. Then if you dared to criticize CDPR you were faced with fanboy rage, and if you said that Anita doesn't know shit, people with Mass Effect and Dragon Ege in their signatures would come out of woodwork and say that she makes some good points and industry needs people like her. Maybe Priestly was the only one willing to put up with all that lunacy and work for pennies and merch.

Looks fantastic

I'm totally making the PlanetSide sequel you PS1 veterans have been waiting for. Don't you worry.

Gives me laughs every time.

Jesus christ.

still mad

I agree with the other guy; GG still looks good. They put a lot of work into the effects and adding 2D details. You'll complain about being able to see individual polygons, but won't have a problem with being able to see individual pixels on a sprite?
Nice ebin greentext anyway, "bud".