Weeb games

Let's post anime-inspired games, but not games made by Japanese and rather games made by western developers that are big enough weebs to produce games in anime-stylistic.

Pic related is probably the most obvious and well known example, but do you have anything else that would fit that description?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Productions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Soft
youtu.be/x234VLR0pBc?t=3m33s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, Shogo's opening because it's really fucking fun to watch.

user, please no.

Sudeki?

Also X-Blades seems to fit the bill although I haven't yet played it.

What game is this?

I will now need to check it out, thanks user.

more like "we want the tumblr audience", rebecca sugar aesthetic shit

This game does actually look really interesting now that I look at it. It reminds me a bit of aesthetic of PS2 platformers with some anime thrown in.

by aping animal crossing and pokemon

That's really not an indicator that this game is made with weebs in mind though. Those two games are popular enough for people who aren't interesting in weebshit to like them.

Here's another classic.

Would Puzzle Quest theoretically count? It has an anime-inspired stylistic but I don't remember much about it's story or characters.

Remember when LucasArts made good games?

God fucking damn, this looks like a fucking Zaku, seems I know what game I will be checking out when I open up the SNES emulator again.

You wont be disappointed. It's one of the best action games on the system

This is no zaku boy

NO ZAKU

Wut? A side of the whole gentleman fighting, I dont remember being weeb

Those character designs look slightly weeby though.

I feel you man.

If you like it, check Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken too if you haven't already, it's practically the same game. Metal Warriors came later with some changes, but it doesn't matter, both are great

closed there, not just because she's a horrible goblin and i dislike SU to start, but because if you open your trailer with with the "creator" jerking themselves off you know the game has nothing to show for itself

Pretty much the closest we'll ever get to a good GitS game.

It wasn't very good tho.

I have. It's really not that good (especially the controls) and has very little plot to begin with. The cutscenes are nice though, I'll say that.

>still no GitS game where you can make your own character and join the team and make the Major your waifu
Life is suffering

That song is still catchy af even after all this time

Major is not for waifu. Major is pure.

Major requires a good dicking so she can become a good housewife and mother.

Westerners should be forbidden by law to make waifu games.

FTFY

I like my waifu games just fine, so long as the waifus aren't Western "real women". This piece of shit even has a nigger sow in it, on top of all the other disgusting shit.

Unironic waifufags are literally the worse.
I've seen them shit themselves over a fictional character having a crush on another fictional character.
Why don't unironic waifufags just create their own waifu that'll only love them and draw her going on waifu adventures to not risk heartbreak?

They lack the creativity to pull a Pygmalion.

Waifus aren't real though.

neither is love from a woman so hey

Play the fan translated version of Assault Suits Valken by Aeon Genesis. The official release took out all of Urushihara's character portraits for some reason.

We'll have sexbots soon enough.

unfortunately due to me being hung up on the concept of free and self image i won't purchase a waifubot knowing it means i didn't earn that sweet waifu pussy through means other than monetary

That's how you earn the attention of every woman though.

also muscles, but at least working on my muscles benefits me in more ways than fumbling to touch a boob again

I ignored the story, it just got in the way between me and battling more mechs

Hey don't be like that. West can make quality waifus if they really, really try.

Made by an actual weeb tranny.

why do you do these things

Read the thread dipshit.

These are actual weeb games, as in made by non-Japanese devs trying to ape anime/Japanese aesthetics

OP posted Shogo, though. Isn't Monolith based in Tokyo?

No, and you're a fucking retarded nigger for getting them mixed up.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Productions

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Soft

Kill yourself casual faggot.

The Monolith that made Shogo and the Monolith you're thinking of are different companies.
The Monolith you're thinking of, the one based in Tokyo, made Xenosaga, this Monolith is based in Washington (the state), they also made F.E.A.R. and Blood.

They've got the same name and they're sometimes confused. You're not the first person I've seen who believe the Xenosaga Monolith made Shogo.

You don't need to be so aggressive about this, user. It's just a confusion due to the companies having the same name.

Its above average id say but I absolutely loved it as a kid, one of my favourite games on the xbox before it burned up.

In what universe is that a Zaku?

She could use a dick.

She could use a dick.

This game is inspired by mech anime and the artist that designed the ships and the mech is Japanese.

I don't give a shit what anyone says, i like this game

LOL

Please don't be mean to Hope Jacob Chapman

Does souls-like games count as weebshit?

Overrated jap shit with even shittier narrative ?
Yes

Jesus fucking christ that (((schnozz)))

Do you have the souls-like souls game souls game like a saouls game webm?
I misplaced mine

I knew hanging around TGWTG and ANN wasn't going to end well. Those places radiate insanity.

Daily reminder that Microsoft paid marketers to push the "japanese gaming is dead" narrative, to sell the Xbox 360. And it's starting again.

Considering that XCOM2 is reasonably moddable, it could suit a GitS style overhaul

Looks more like a Virgo to me, or even those two suits Vayeate and Mercurious. Zakus are always rocking it's iconic gas mask look.

Where the fuck is my sequel, bungie?

Does Shadow Warrior count as weeb?

I really have to wonder who decided this was a good idea because the human segments are awful man. If shogo 2 ever happens I hope they remove human segments or just make them exactly like F.E.A.R.

Also F.E.A.R is heavily inspired by those ringu movies but I dont think that really counts.

If anything japanese is in it it's weeb, you should know how the anti weeb spergs work by now.

Yeah, it took a while getting used to the human sections. Dieing immediately from surprise ambushes isn't exactly what people coming into playing shogo blind would expect. And the 3D models were ugly for the characters.

Looks more like Alteisen to me
Specifically from its Endless Frontier appearance
youtu.be/x234VLR0pBc?t=3m33s

Oh boy
So even Colin Mcrae Rally is weeb?

It looks more like a Sazabi than anything else.

I'm retarded it doesn't look like a Zaku and I mistook the names but to my defense I'm only now getting into Gundam

I was about to make the same question as it has a shit ton of anime references, but it seems to reference anything eastern in general so it's hard to say.

Jokes on you, it's actually a pro-japanese pro-weeb thread as I fucking love those kind of games

I swear to god, I want to hatefuck that MC.

The human parts were a bit cheap at times but I found them still quite fun. I liked the fact that your most powerful human weapon was the least powerful mecha one.

Thank fucking god. Current year developers would rape his rotting corpse.

Are you kidding me Septerra Core is a basically JRPG not actually made by japs. Everything from the character design to the gameplay just screams JRPG.

Not a fan of weebshit for the most part, but there's a handful that I've enjoyed over the years.

(checked)
I feel compelled to say that Salt & Sanctuary is fucking garbage. Sage for somewhat off-topic

Begone, foul beast, for thou art an abomination in the eyes of God.

This thread is about Japan-inspired Western games, not Japanese games.

I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF SUCH THINGS

E.Y.E.
i really like Eastern cyberpunk aestethics, it sould be used more often

what you gonna do 'bout it goy?

Wrong thread, retard.

That actually does make it weeb.

Get the fuck out.

Or a beat them up game, fuck and to think we almost got ONI 2.

>>>/a/

I don't know if you can call it being weeby, it doesn't really seem anime inspired as much it seems just inspired by Eastern culture.

Agreed, mixing some Japanese themes into cyberpunk aesthetic usually comes off as fucking great.

The game's starting level - the canal with the giant pipes extending overhead, just outside the caves? That's where one of the scenes in Akira takes place. The firing sound for the HS010? Ripped straight from Ghost in the Shell. The abandoned church with the ruined tank inside it in the second level? C'mon, take a wild guess.