FFXIV: Stormblood General

GETTIN REAL TIRED OF THESE BOOSTED WHM EDITION

Try the game for free forever! (Only up to level 35) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch: 4.00
Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database - xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Guildwork (current not working) - guildwork.com/client
Ariyala (gear build simulator, hunt tracker, relic light tracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com
Mithrie's crafting guides - youtube.com/watch?v=ma5lzsYTA3I&index=4&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. If you're brand new, do Hall of the Novice. It's stupid and only teaches you common sense stuff, but you get a 30% exp boosting ring and free level 15 gear.
2. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS/JOBS, AND HEAVENSWARD STORY WILL BE REQUIRED FOR STORMBLOOD
3. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
4. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
5. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
6. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 60, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh (Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.)
8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Get a FC, they give bonuses as long as the people in charge aren't retards
You cannot join a FC if you are currently on a free trial account
Data Center: Primal
Server: Exodus

Neo Wheels Order : An FC with players coming back for the expansion. Some newbies, many veterans, shitposting and complaining about baddies all around. Contact Aloise Nel'hah, Cydrin Lanbatal, Lia Heideman, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite. Applications are open as well, so if none are online just leave an application and you'll get in as soon as possible.
There is also a linkshell for all 8ch players on Exodus to congregate, so that people can communicate regardless of what FC they're in or if they're running the free trial. Contact Lyfon Yharnam, Quickscope Easybake, Aloise Nel'hah, Mhih Wilzuu, Cydrin Lanbatal, Aurora Soulwood, Nomed Nemes, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite. If they aren't on, try and find anybody with a silver star on this list: na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/14918173765750372/

Data Center: Primal
Server: Exodus

: An FC with both new and older players, usually shitposting, but willing to assist if you can withstand the banter; you will be called names. PM Aurora Soulwood, Nomed Names, Kohna Enduro, or any other officer for an invite.

Other urls found in this thread:

sqex.to/jbH
i.imgur.com/nPKUpq2.png
docs.google.com/document/d/1kE7SLJ772HABL3AczJbRfbG_gs5_VWwh5fklZoxHd_0/edit#bookmark=id.hhuptx3cddtm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I LOVE FINAL FANTASY

What gives?

There really should be an icon slapped on jump-potionfags, just like how newfags, returningfags and burgerkingfags all get their little mark of shame

I got the same thing.
SE fixed the queue problem by forcing tanks to wait 30 mins like everyone else

Nah, I've had instant queues up until this dungeon.

Sam glam. Thoughts on how to improve it?

Get a fantasia and remove cat scum

I like that I'm finally able to use my Flame Lieutenant Coat for a glam that actually works, but outside of that I just havent found too many things

Looks like a ninja a ninja wannabe imo. The colors arent of the pants and the yukata arent really the same, maybe try dying it or something
Rate mine

gas yourself fagboy

Go back to WoW faggots.

That's a shit Juggernaut cosplay. You picked the worst samurai to copy. REAL samurai wear sick ass fucking armor not some fucking cum rags

Feels bad man.

You have us faggot

You guys are lame.

It's you that needs to go back.

unfortunately SAM doesn't have access to cool armored pieces.

Really amazes me how retards in PF expect everyone to know all the "pre-pull" shit that's new. Also, everyone is fucking awful at Susano. Amazing how this shit community doesn't change.

Literally the exact same shit everyone else has/10

Pre-pull shit, what's that? I'm still on my verity grind.

Funny enough, I had a refreshing experience just now.

I didn't deserve those.

Like the pre-pull WAR infuriate>unchained shit that used to be common for MAX DEEPS.

That's what I get for phone posting.

What sword is that?

It's the katana of the round. You can buy it from the marketplace

Hey it was more than max deeps, it also let you build a huge chunk of aggro so you wouldn't have to worry about it at all when you just drop defiance the entire fight

Bruh.

Hey they were MT for a few fights, and some fights you wanted OT to tank first aggro.

Well yeah, WAR opening had ridiculous threat generation. Which then passed to the DRK when he provoked the boss.

Point was that retards expect people to know a 15sec, rdm, pre-pull rotation. Are you fucking kidding me? In a PF no less.

Get out, you cat nog.

I thought they were pure too, before I got bought and sold at an Uldah black market

fuck this long and monotonous fight

This is one of you faggots, isn't it?

its not so bad I've already stacked 14 but i'm just gonna do it more times for doggo and have my weapons drop still got a week before normal raids come out
ALSO MCH IS DPS IS CRAP HOLY FUCK SQUARE FIX MY CLASS

lvl 69 sam now I should of probably leveled them during headstart but I enjoyed the new heated skills of mch and it is pretty flashing now but complete shit and there is no fucking reason to ever have a mch in a group atm

certainly sounds like the attitude i'd expect from this community

i know it's basically a slutglam set incarnate, but i really love the different shisui joi sets.

r8 my sam glam famalam

the set is only temp i plan on changing it once i get the missing piece for my glam set.

Fuck I swear I've seen a cunt like this too. What server?

The new one on Chaos, Omega

>queue into sirensong cause it's the highest i can do and i want that minion
>ask if he wants some points i am a veteran tank

feels good to help an up and coming tank who really wants to learn the role correctly.

My favorite so far is every rdm player acting like a cunt and playing poorly while telling everyone else how cool their job is.

cool? I thought they looked like faggots from day 1 in a french kind of way

Anyone willing to tank is probably someone who has patience and the will to learn.

I had to play WAR/MRD up to 30 to greet cross class shit for DRG I hated every minute of it. I didn't have any issues keeping aggro or anything just found the job boring to play.

I agree. WAR may have been fun in ARR, but I got around to it in HW just to get to PLD, and I hated every second of it.

these things never work for items that can be accessed by everyone only the luxury items which are already pricefixed by the inner circle of the crafting illuminati

God fucking damn it.

I had a friend on Moogle and she would always send screenshots of how they acted during hunts in ARR. They'd pull early and then spend 20 minutes staying in the zone to argue with people and meme

that or they just want to play the game as opposed to playing Queue time Online: The Trials of the DPS

nice [email protected]/* */ tbh
Is the game worth going back to? I haven't played it since right before Heavensward's release and with the bunch of fags autistically screeching about how the game is ruined now I just don't know.

Not really, wait like 4 patches for balance to sort of even out, the difference between classes is absurd right now

Not if they're
FUCKING FRENCHIES

Fuck those frogs. French players are consistently bad at this game, and a good chunk of them are the nationalist kind which refuse to understand you if you don't speak their stupid language.

JE SUIS MONTÉ

My house is fucking killer because of it.

If you ignore class balance it's the best the game has ever been.

I don't know why I do this.

Because everything else is fun but then you party with random people and remember why you play alone.

wow you look pretty hot can i rub your abs

What would you guys consider to be more profitable; gathering or crafting? I'm kind of torn because I enjoy fishing, but there doesn't seem to hardly be any money in it; same for Culinarian.

sounds nice. Glad to know not all the jumpers are total shitheads just most of them

Every time. They're just as bad as BRs

In order to be profitable, you need to level each one to cap and invest a large amount of time obtaining the currencies to keep their gear relevant. In addition to investing even more time and money to obtain the newest patch items so you can craft the newest patch clothing.

The market is not stable for crafting and gathering, the only stability you can expect is from getting the items most difficult to obtain, which are usually added in each post-expansion patch iteration to allow the crafting of new clothes. Even then this requires the best weekly cap currency gear, the best self-crafted gear, a large amount of materia and stat boosting foodstuffs.

Hey guys, I just started and I gotta say this game is pretty fun. It also runs super well on low end machines (I would know). I'm using the free trial to see if I wanted to buy it, and I gotta say they sold me. There seems like so much to do, even in the free trial. I haven't even gone to the Gold Saucer yet but I'm pretty excited. I'm gonna buy the game and 60 days of game time at the end of the month, see if the extra features make me want to buy a year.

I usually hate Final Fantasy games, and when I heard this one played like 12 (the worst one) I almost dropped it immediately, but I'm glad I didn't. I just wish there were more choices for races other than "Asian with ears and tail, regular asian, big asian with flat nose, and loli fantasy asian." They're in Eorzea, you think they'd let us play Bangaa or Nu Mou or Moogles or even Viera for fucks sake, but whatever. I also have kind of an issue with the global cooldown thing but I'm sure it'll get better as I learn more skills. I'm still interested to see what's coming up for this game and I haven't honestly said that about anything for a while.

I do this as well.
Until I need to do a duty.

Anyone on Ultros want to do the 61 dungeon? I'll tank it for you.

What server you on bruh? I'll tank/heal a dungeon for you if you're on Ultros NA.

so basically it's just a big money hole with no escape?

So then how can I earn gil at a reasonable rate?
I'm dying to get an apartment after hopping servers twice. I've got about 100k scrounged together for the moment though.

Either you never played any of the XIII games or just have awful-as-fuck taste
VIERA NEVER EVER
I wish too though.

Abuse the market early. For example, hunts at level 70 give VI materia which people were eating up. You could make millions for no effort, though now that market crashed hard.

When new mounts come out, or new minions and new items sometimes if you get lucky and you can sell them off then you can make a pretty coin from it. Other than that, try selling content clears?

I've found that endgame gardening is pretty nice for almost no effort. Same with ventures just a few clicks a day and go on with your business as usual.

Sorry, I'm on Jenova.

Thirteen was pretty bad but it didn't have as much blatantly wasted potential. On top of the fact that 12 was abysmal in every single possible way, the thing that makes it worse than the other Final Fantasies is that they managed to do it in the best setting with the best characters (except Vaan fuck Vaan.) But that's cool man, it's just like, your opinion.

MOMMY

I want my class back. This is why Ala Migho lost - no tanks, no healers, and shitfucked DPS.

What? It's a great for eating hits in raids.

ah, i'm only level 56, still going through the 3.0 content currently.
guess that's what i'll have to be doing then.

never considered it before, guess i'll have to give it a look sometime

You're serious?
can't say I agree with you in the least. As much as I enjoyed previous entries like IV, IX, (not so much) X, and XII; then going to XIII felt like Square Enix taking a massive shit on me. XIII is unforgivable garbage. But I respect your opinion; even if I don't agree with you friendo.

(checked)
is that your [email protected]/* */? She's pretty cute user.
Good-looking glamour too.

Look what i found on omega guys

It pretty much only has one use - the occasional raidwide unavoidable damage that occurs after a boss vanishes so you can keep up GL. That, however, is very dependent on for how long the boss is gone, because half the time it's a 'oh so dramatic' pause that even with RoE your GL will drop off. If you're relying on RoE for surviving a mechanic, something has gone deeply wrong with the raid.

These are the cunts the GMs pander to

pick 1

Unless you're straight and/or white. I actually used to ask about hetero guilds in trade chat back in WoW, usually right after someone advertised their LGBT guild. People honestly lost their fucking minds over it.

Isn't the proper usage of meditation to weave into your normal rotation when, for example, you're about to clip a DoT too early or have another second or two before you have to refresh a buff/debuff?

I'm talking about the 62 MNK trait

Guess i'm sticking to my AST.

Maybe you should play something else?

It's the same couple of rooms cobbled together.
I don't get access to any of my abilities and I've already ran them.
Wew lad.

Thanks, it just sort of came together as I was leveling.

I just don't find DRK interesting to be honest. Love those 45 and 50 quests though.

And, as a more in-depth reply, not as far as I know. Using Meditation when you can punch something is almost always a DPS loss - you're better off clipping the Demolish (your ONE DoT now) or letting it fall off for a second or two and using Snap Punch instead. Previously, you had Fracture for that purpose (or very occasionally Haymaker after dodging a gaze, but that's gone now too). Meditation eats up essentially half a weaponskill's worth of time, for one-fifth of a 250 potency OGCD's charge-up, in the grand scheme of things making it a 50 potency move. Considering a DoT tick from Demolish is 50 potency itself, and all other moves are more than double, doesn't really hash out in the end, it seems.

I found a really nice piece of armor that I want to wear pretty badly but I have to have a level 60 tank class to wear it, so I need to find a tank that I like.

If you can stomach being completely unfun until 50 and then having a great time after that try PLD.
If you want to have fun right fucking now go WAR and then weep and be miserable at 70.

Makes sense to me, fam.

nice nice. got any other cute glamours to show off?

These are the only ones I have right now that aren't full sets or leveling gear.

very nice

oh god. the cancer is spreading beyond server.

this your first mmo?

tbh you'll probably be better off going into PF and advertising any first-time bonuses you have. barring that, make friends with a tank, or Q during non-prime times. leveling sam last night i had a 15 minute Q for leveling roulette, and 20 minutes for sirensong sea
which ain't shit compared to my 0s tank Qs, sure as hell better than the 30+ minutes for dps during prime time

its shit like this that makes me glad ixion needs an item to even damage him. early pulling hunt ruiners need to burn in the deepest circle of goon-hell.

it can be, but i have a few friends who manage to make quite a bit of money with a combination of playing the MB and crafting/gathering. there's been more than one time an ALC friend of mine spent about an hour camping the MB until he controlled the entire supply of a given item, which he then re-listed at about 3x the cost he paid. he kept a bit of it for himself, made some of the crafted items from that stuff, then sold those a bit later that day once he noticed that the supply of those items was dwindling largely due to him eating up the supply of the basic ingredient

it just takes a lot of time investment spent watching trends on the MB and taking advantage of other people's greed and stupidity. an easy example would be people who sell shit for less than it vendors for, like grade 4 elemental materia or primary stat materia. you can just scoop that all up for a dozen or so gil apiece then sell it for it's listed price of 792 (i think) and make a tidy return for just a bit of clicking.

today was a good day

Very nice. I'll have to go see what all I can do that with.

Does anyone else feel that, outside of Kugane, SE spent a lot more time on the Ala Migho zones as opposed to the Othard ones? The Othard zones just feel extremely empty compared to the Ala Migho ones.

Is this alright?

you look like an elephant with your horns looking like ears

No user, it's not alright

T-this is okay though, right?

no, not really. one is being invaded by the combined armies of the alliance while the other has been ruthlessly crushed not once but twice over the past 25 years. the people in doma are beaten and broken when you arrive, clinging to life out of habit more than anything else, waiting for the eventual end to come and as you learn during your raid of fluminis with yugiri, it was an inevitable thing. yotsuyu was planning on slowly taking every doman citizen and crushing them/destroying their culture via the imperial machine of endless conscription

so yeah, doma is going to look a helluva lot less inhabited compared to even the azim steppe, which has quite a bit of life to it. likewise, the ruby sea has a lot going on for it, it's just half of it is under the sea.

meanwhile, ala mhigo has an active resistance that was, prior to the invasion, helped immensely by two of the scions, and now has a surplus of recruits thanks to the victories that have been achieved.

Slutglam but at least the pants fit. Change that hair though if you want to go for the exotic dancer look decently

What about this skirt? I kind of want to be a slutty gal during the summer.

pls go

just as bad

No sir THIS is a catfag

I am just a weeb, but I bet you're a shitposting lala right?

top kek you are a real riot

It's almost like a gift.

anyone with ~100ms having issue double weaving off-gcds? in most content except *sometimes* during susano's third phase there's always a big chunk of gcd that gets delayed when I double weave, which is cancer. any ninjas that play on this ping?

Why are people boosting WHM? Haven't they heard that it's trash?

It's not that they apparently pulled hunts early, but should a hunt announced even the moment it was found (and this was in the old maps) they would rush into it as if they were doing nothing else worthwhile, and attack the moment they arrived at the scene, spouting memes in their wake.
I don't know how 8ch FCs play, but I assume if I had friends on their server then I'd hear the same complaints.

Looks fine to me with the /cyber/ theme.

Omega linkshell when?

RDM is best class, any other opinions are wrong.

No.

RDM is the meme class now, friend.

Eh, long time ago. Was originally there just to mess with people, ended up enjoying the more off topic board due to the nicer range discussion you could have with people of pretty much any mind. Something unfortunate about these parts, but, everyone tends to think the same overall. Disagree on little things, but you don't get full-scale arguments where at the end you realize the issue wasn't in the disagreement of the argument itself, but rather the definition, meaning, of the word to begin with, say. There you could find people who's very life experiences were so fundamentally different, that you were functionally speaking two different languages.
Alas, that was a long time ago. Place has been trash for a long time, now. Still, did help me learn a lot on how to argue.

Anyway, I wouldn't care if the formatting options were good. But, this back meme arrow shit is just standard greentext, but red. It serves no purpose. It has no bearing on writing. It has no means, no reason to exist. It's just flair, at this point.

It baffles me how they made the new classes intuitive and smooth to play, but made some of the old classes play like shit for no reason.

i hate that filename bullshit too. kills half the fun.

iteration over time. they've gotten better at it. as the game has matured, they've matured as developers and designers along with it.

i mean, just move away from the fucking meteors. get as far away from all of them as you can, which in this case means any fucking cardinal direction.

all i want is my new tank mount. just another 260 to go lads! and then another 600 for drk and pld

I had no idea there was a new tank mount, I only hope it doesn't look awful on lalafells like the old PLD one does.

Easy: the good were working on the new classes to draw in subs and expansion purchases while the shitters were put in charge of current classes. People put way too much emphasis on Yoshi handling the nuances of class design/balancing.

checking them dubs.

yeah, new tank mount achievements for each of the three tank classes. 300 61+ duties or roulettes (but only one roulette per day counts). i dont think pvp or mentor/guildhest roulettes count either. so if you're a tank you've been getting those cheevo points ever since you first did sirensong.

I want to get back into this, but how do you guys justify the fucking $16/month price tag?

By subbing once every 6 months. Treadmillfags will try to bullshit you with LEVEL ALL STUFF TO 70s BRAH TONS OF CONTENT but they can safely be ignored, especially when Yoshi insists on catch-up welfare gear for every patch. Just sub when there's actually enough content to justify the money.

I haven't heard any complaints about the 8ch FC aside from the one time they crashed a guy's wedding for like 3 hours.
oh and the drama in the threads, but that seems to just be a few autists rather than a representation

If you only play 1 character then it's only $11.
I work a minimum wage job, $11 a month is just 2 meals for me. Not really a big dent in my pockets. If you can't even afford that then you have bigger worries in life my dude.

He said justify, not afford

And he justified it by mentioning how it fits into his budget

it's the angle of the camera user.

also

U S E D
G O O D S

Deus Vult motherfuckers

But user, don't you like left clicking and having an idiot proof menu that may or may not function correctly? :^)

I want to have this set but I cant play PLD for shits, way too boring and too little aoe damage, which is shit for big pulls.

Leveling up Botany has got to be one of the single most boring things I've ever done in a videogame.

I'll believe it when I see it anywhere except two new classes. There are tons of QoL changes that should probably be made to bring this game to modern MMO standards.. And no, I don't mean (((modern))) trash like what WoW has become.

I feel bad, actually. Since he's the face of the game, he gets all the praise, but probably also tons of death threats when things go wrong.

One thing I hate about this game is everyone plays a fucking girl. Fuck off.

Additional post:
FUck

Excuse me for wanting to look at a pretty lady while I play for hundreds of hours. You can drool over all the man ass you want, I'm not judging you for it.

What do you care what others play? Are you looking for a potential wife ingame and are having trouble identifying the real girls?

cmon now user dont do that

fucking queer

fam i…

Where did you read that? It seems like we've gotten an influx of players, whether they're fresh, returning for SB, or fleeing other servers.

I'd expect nothing less.

Er, Kugane.

business as usual with the schizophrenia huh

Yeah right, Lalas are an Allagan creation that thing they're a mortal race.

What a fag.

Also PVP world when

God I wish I could play a good PLD just for that shit.

Well, it is a new land for me, dear user. Have patience :^)

And so many new opportunities.

Everyone knows that those boys at Saintt Coinach'ss fancy the spirits more than they should. Also, some are in dire need of new spectacles.

As a lorefag, allow me to interject for a moment.
The Allag Empire was founded initially within the Aldenard continent of Hydaelyn within the Third Astral Era, after the Calamity of Fire plagued the land. Although they did expand their influence, their off-continent efforts outside the destruction of Meracydia was instead focused on the Ilsabard and Othard continents. Although few artefacts remain from their wake, and Syrcus Tower although burried, locked in a timeless state thanks to Amon's efforts, many of the Allag works and experiments were destroyed after the Calamity of Earth during the Fourth Umbral Era.

Lalafelin folk hail from the Southern continents, assumed to remain relatively untouched from the Allag campaign. They do not make a notable appearance within Eorzea's history until the 500th year of the Fifth Astral Era, wherein sailors came across the city of Nym and conducted all manners of trade with the Nymians. Although they did migrate to the continent of Alendard, it is not notably recorded as such until from this point.

Based.

Pick one.

POST LEWDS

Problem solved.

/r/ing this with "WHITE MAGES MATTER" and/or "BLACK MAGES MATTER"

woops, ment to request ""WHITE MAGES DON'T MATTER"

Fuck off nigger

ZAAAP MUTHAFUCKA

I wish autists would stay in their containment groups instead of shitting up the entire community.

It's such an easy fight, but df shitters make it impossible. How long until it gets nerfed into the ground?

Well, here's an idea, why don't you ask those shitters if they need clarification on something.

Voila, it's a clear in 3 tries at the most. Instead, people just leave and waste more time in the queue than they would have wasted if they stayed.

It doesn't work. Shitters will always be shitters and most of them won't listen or are unable to understand the mechanics. The best thing you can do is do the fight in pf or kick the shitters.

And how much of a chance do you even give them? 2 wipes at the most? On average 1 wipe is enough to label someone a shitter. As I said, you gain absolutely nothing from kicking them, you just sit in the queue again. And you discourage new players from staying. You can't turn the game into a no bonus, fail=kick, high dps only circlejerk.

The queues are really short for healers.

If they're that bad, then the game is better off without them.

It's been that way since arr.

I'll give them 3 chances. If the group is still wiping at the same spot or to the same mechanic then it's going to be a wash regardless of how many chances they get.

You mean AST right? Because why the hell would anyone play SCH/WHM right now unless they're a shitter

Really? I just pop a cooldown and everything is just fine

man i remember going to visit that jap trap with nico nico threads/int/ on 4chan i miss those days

Just got into Chocobo racing. Whiter Power was banned as a name so i went with White Victory instead.

Look, I'm all for challenge, but when the biggest hurdle is having a good party, I have some complaints.

Holy shit Lakshmi EX is easily the best primal in the entire game so far

also the easiest

I'd rather have an easy but orgasmic experience than a fucking shitfest that never ends like Shitryu and the thousand wipes

So why after stealing all the races from FF11 did they decide to rename them all? Cat girls are called Mithra not meoqeef or whatever the fuck

Whm is fine. Its major issue is that it stayed the same and essentially got pissed on by Yoshi who promised changes. Sch got absolutely shat on though. Yoshi is a retard though. I expect nothing out of him now.

It doesn't hit that hard and I've seen tanks solo it easily after I pop a single heal on them.

Of course. That's what they're for. The average df tank doesn't know that.

The fight is pretty easy, but the players in general are fucking retarded. The major issue with clearing it now is that players and especially tanks and healers will auto-leave when they see it or gear down to avoid it entirely. They fucked the average dfer with this.

I'm willing to agree, but the meteors falling down are bullshit.

Also why did they add the both genders to the giant grey niggers and Mithra?

They are cucks manifested digitally. You dont meet actual girls in the game playing as a women and females actually look down on you even why they don't say it

You're projecting your insecurities too much. Take it to tumblr.

What?

this isn't FFXI

Should I even bother looking for hunts or is every hunting party and linkshell going to be focused on the expansion areas? I just want to get some Allied Seals so I can buy the maps and start upgrading my mount speed everywhere, but it looks like I'm locked out of that until I finish these damn busywork tasks to get the Scions to Mor Dhona.

Yeah, I'm behind. Just started playing about two months ago and I've had to take days off at a time for work trips.

Nah its what this one chick told me who plays mmos
Big nigs only had males and cats only had females in ff11

Why is everybody complaining about Shiryu? I did it blind, and only wipe 2 times because of tidal wave and diamond dust mechanic that caught me off guard, also how Shiryu always targeted 2 peoples with the highest threat so both tank have to be in their tank stance . Other than that, its pretty much the same mechanic you've seen a million times before in the game

The difficulty of Shinryu comes from getting a party not entirely composed of mentally ill monkeys

oh baby

also im jut waiting for some fucking sea serpent bitch ass tome come out and spook me

I'll hook you up later today. What background do you want, fam?

Don't play with autists people.

That's just what the (((lalafells))) want you to believe. In reality they are sentient potatoes and they should be returned to the ground.

Guy's can you rate my shitty Hotbar? Please tell me what I can improve. I haven't been playing since 2015 and stopped before heavensward was even announced. My hotbar back then didn't get saved after my laptop got stolen which made me stop. Currently a level 50 Dragoon now and I've no idea what I'm doing.

here's my drg bar at 60 if it helps

I'm trying out the game with the free trial and I made one of those book mages without doing any real reading ahead of time. I just now looked into what skills they get and it kinda looks like they only really have like four basic skills, two of them nearly identical dots and one a super generic nuke, and a handful of niche specials tied to a resource system that seems really cumbersome to build/use, then the like 3 summons with three very basic abilities each. Am I missing something or are book dudes/summoners not all that interesting? I can see where they might be complicated to play with the having to speed out stack building and keep dots up on everything but the way they do it just seems really boring.

literally everything is a bore until 60 or so, and even then some jobs are kinda lame. summoner is supposedly fun but I havent played it at 70.

SMN and SCH are boring as shit yep, the only challenge comes from finding a good enough macro to do shit for you at level cap

What's your rotation? Mine is currently Fullthrust Combo> Heavy Thrust > ChaosTrust Combo. I don't know what else I should do.

what's it like being a literal retard?

Ask the fairyman mains that use them

check'd

always open with heavy thrust, for the +dmg boost on your other attacks. then do chaos thrust for the disembowel debuff on the enemy. finish with full thrust, using life surge to guarantee a crit full thrust (ideally with blood for blood up if the situation allows).

your rotation will get a bit more complex as you approach 70, but overall you should be weaving your jumps in as they come off cooldown, ideally packing as many of them into your blood for blood duration as possible.

Why does SMN's physic heal for about 5-600 at level 60 and RDM's vercure heal for about 4k?

I see. When should I be using jumps btw?

SB is nothing short of a magical experience

270 slaying accessories *are* bis for tanks atm because they changed tank damage back to strength.

With the amount of damage being done at 70 using 270 STR ACC is just retarded. The extra 200 dps you'll get won't be worth losing 1000+ healer dps, because they need to be spamming heals to keep your 20k hp dumbass alive.

I don't remember them telling me I had to pick something I was actually leveled in.

I loved that boss. Felt like a retard check for bad players. Spent the day laughing at PuG groups failing to grasp the basic concepts, then one-shotted it with my FC in the evening.

Alright, what's the fastest way to earn money right now? I'm poor as shit.

I mean it you're a shitty healer who sucks at CD management with a shitty tank who also sucks at CD management then sure. I beat tanks in dps all the time as whm.
It certainly won't be worth being one shooted and the time lose of not being able to do big pulls. Fucking normal mobs have tank busters now in the 70 dungeons. A 25k hp tank would would lose it's 90% of it's hp in one attack. If you ever tried to do big pulls you'd just fucking die, no healer could save you. The only time a tank should have STR ACC are if they're an off tank in 8 man content.

So you just play with the worst tanks known to man then or you're the worst healer known to man, got it

Nice counter point, you really proved me wrong.

Hey if you had anything other than outrageous stories, there'd be something to refute other than you being bad at the game.

As retarded as it is to pick STR accessories for a tank for engame content, Healers don't really get to DPS that much due to the nature of the new content. I think the only tank who could potentially get away with STR accessories is Warrior due to their fuckhuge HP pool, but even then they have trash mitigation so they should be stacking as much HP as possible to boost them up in Defiance, not to mention the VIT scaling of 300+ accessories is very close to whatever STR scaling you get from the 270 accessories. You're trading a ton of convenience for like a 100-150 DPS difference at best, which is very insignificant when the DD classes are doing over 3.5k DPS.

I'm not the guy who's so bad he says he needs a healer constantly healing him to stay alive. Maybe you should look up CD management and learn to play a tank before you start worrying about putting out a little extra dps.

Says the guy who obviously doesn't even play his class when he thinks he pumps out and additional 1k dps with 2-3 more casts

How can you even know what good healer dps is when you're too shit of a tank at CD management to even let them get a chance dps?

Nigga you dumb

WEW
E
W

What is happening with the private server ? I loved my free month but I definitely don't have the money to play this.

Hey you're not even a healer so it balances out mr. an additional 1000 dps from 2 casts

Never ever

How did they cram so much fun into one map?

cool story bro

They did, you must be a faggot that skip the npc dialog

basically on cooldown, but after you put of HT, and preferably during B4B. with practice you'll know when it's a good time to jump and when you need to save SSD or DFD for a gap closer or for extra burst damage.

parses on SSS are showing upwards of 1k+ dps difference during dps rotations on tanks who uses i270 str accessories vs tanks who use 310 or 320 vit accessories. even with grade VI materia you only get a 125 str extra on your right side, which definitely isn't enough to make up for anything worthwhile. basically, SE fucked up by removing the vit = dmg calculation for tanks. part of me things this was due to the change in weakness state, what with it not lowering vit anymore. losing a tank meant even if they were rezzed they'd be doing full dmg, which in some cases would outpace the dmg of a rezzed dps in a similar situation. still a stupid move on SE's part; they should have come up with something more elegant than what they had. instead of lowering stats, just lower dmg by a corresponding amount (15% for first rez debuff, 30% for second) and leave hp alone. boom, problem solved.

it's probably in the tip section somewhere. i remember reading about it way back in the day.

if it was only 100-200 dps that wouldn't be a thing, but parses, both in SSS and in actual EX modes, are showing up to 1.2k difference between a str accessory tank and a vit accessory tank. it's a supremely stupid decision on SE's part that i don't believe they fully though through, if they thought about it at all. it smacks of "band-aid change."

he's talking about tanks who still use it and low blow on CD because they used to deal dmg but now they don't. old habits are hard to break, as i still find myself getting trigger happy with them.

godbert yo.

well, healer dmg scales off of mnd now, so all they lose from cleric stance is the 10% potency boost, and the difference between a 230 potency stone and a 253 potency stone aren't that big, especially if you're up against a tank who's actually gearing for ilvl and not for bullshit raid meta min/max str bs.

Then remember would not be in its place because I'd have known for a fact I had simply not read it.

Yeah dumbass, we don't. However our offensive skills scale with mind now instead of int. So we basically have 24/7 clerics without any of the downsides that came with clerics.

So we have a conundrum, what matter the most? Tank dps or healer dps? Best answer is tank dps and drop WHM altogether because they are retarded for not choosing AST

That makes me sad. I think it's probably my favorite MMO I played, but the monthly subscriptions is a deal-breaker. And I guess it's not going to go away soon or even ever, right ?

FFXI is still on a subscription fee, so I highly doubt it.

I think you've got a point as to why they reverted the STR=VIT change. Also, I wouldn't expect the difference to be that high, I guess I was wrong.

I still don't think tanks should be taking STR accessories though, unless the group DPS is low enough to warrant it. It's a lot of unnecessary stress not only for the tanks but also for the healers. Do you not also lose Tenacity now, when you opt out of Tank accessories?

Are breast physics broken when you have more than 60 fps or is the bouncing too fast for eyes ?

RDM is the best healer

Tenacity is actually suspected to be bugged at the moment, or at least severely underpowered. Even after stacking upwards of 1,000 of it, players have been reporting that it has little impact on damage taken or damage dealt.
By contrast Parry, even as much as it was derided, still actually increased your Parry rate considerably.

Check to make sure you have movement physics enabled. If you do, it's probably just because the breast jiggle is pretty tame.

certain clothes/armor read as: most of them remove the jiggle. thats part of why the level 63 dungeon set (shisui joi of XXXXXX) is so popular; it looks sexy/kawaii as fuck, and preserves breast physics.

supposedly it's bugged? some testing was done, with ilvl 270 gear vs ilvl 310 gear basically a difference of 1kish tenacity between the two and for the "increases healing done" portion of it, there seemed to be no difference. pld heal didn't heal for more, healer heals on the tank didn't heal for more, normal life regenration, both in and out of combat, seemed identical, so i dunno. the jury's still out on dmg incoming/dmg outgoing, but it's looking like, as of now, tenacity is about as useful as parry was for non-drk's.

but i agree, tanks should be wearing tank stuff. but faster kill = better and more dps = more emnity. either they address this with better emnity multipliers and/or dmg, or else the player base addressed it with more dmg and clever use of tank mechanics i.e. timing swaps around defensive cooldowns and what not, something that becomes much easier to do now with shirk

just had a funny experience in bardam's mettle on my sam:

for those that haven't done bardam's mettle, the first boss mechanic is he's surrounded by npc (can't be targeted or interacted with) animals, ranging from sheep, to yaks, to coeurls. he has a charge he'll target a non-tank with, that deals damage based on distance, so to avoid the one-shot, you need to be as far as possible. after he charges, he'll do a roar that "awakens" the nearest npc animals, who do something based on what they are. the fluffier the animal, the better it is for you, so you want to try to get him to awaken sheep or yaks instead of coeurls

my only regret is that i don't have a webm to share about the incident. i'm still chuckling about it an hour later it was so perfectly executed.

I wish my groups were like that. I ran that dungeon about two hours ago and had a real shitty group. Paladin, White Mage, Dragoon. The Paladin pulled the first two packs and ended up dying just before we burned them down, taking the Dragoon with him. The White Mage started throwing a fit about him trolling the group, and they started bitching about White Mages being useless. Then the White Mage afk'd while we pushed on, so one of the other two initiated a vote kick on him and succeeded. Then both the Dragoon and the Paladin dropped group immediately after.
The rest of the run went fine once replacements rolled in. Didn't even take that long.

Play the game

Starting the path of DRK. Just did the Hall of the Novice for Tank to completion; anything in particular I should keep in mind?

What the ever living fuck is this shit? Did I miss something?

What the fuck is wrong with me?

sqex.to/jbH

That's very descriptive.

WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT OF THE MOVE YOU GOD DAMN NIPS?! IS IT JUST GOOD OLD FASHION WESTERN NEPOTISM AND EVERYTHING GOOD HAS TO DIE IN COMMIEFORINA?! GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, I'M MAD AS FUCK!

Wow, that's actually retarded.

Have you considered using a shift+1 or making a macro that is:
/action "Impact"
/action "Jolt"
That way you'll cast impact instead of jolt if it's available instead of jolt.

this is fucking inexcusable

nothing, really. just don't lean on your aggro combo too much or at all really, you don't need it 99% of the time if you're doing things right

bind dark arts to some place comfy, you'll be using it a lot.

JESUS CHRIST SE, UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS ALREADY. EVERY FUCKING PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME ALWAYS GOES BACK TO YOUR SHITTY SERVERS.

come on SE; we get terra's theme with our magitek armor, what's wrong with some bartz love for syldra?

jesus user, you've been camping him like a mofo. i still remember my first few odin kills back in the 2.0 days. i also remember the odin fight where the server got wrecked because we had killed odin too much and he leveled up beyond the point where we could bring him down. ive never seen so many melee LB2's go off for nothing.

i highly doubt any kind of hardcore raiding is going on between the hours of 11am and 3pm eastern, central, or pacific. besides, servers were back up in about 10 minutes and i got back on after another 3 or 4 minutes in Q. in the meantime, i made lunch, cause it was lunchtime. yall are blowing this shit way out of proportion.

Yeah man because only raids exist in this game, no other content that I can be doing at the moment that could get ruined because of this shit. This game is the biggest money maker SE has and the fact they're too cheap to upgrade their servers is a legitimate complaints. They're punishing the players because they're too busy being cheapskates.

lvl61 DRK here
Dont worry too much about MP until you get Dark Arts. By then you should almost always use the Syphon Strike + Souleater combo with occasional Spinning Slah + Power Slash combo for single target since you'll always be looking to syphon MP constantly. If shit ever hits the fan and you find yourself out of mp while having to aggro a mob, just do a quick Hard + Syphon, cast Ultimatum and Unleash. The best way to deal damage for single target is to cast Dark Arts before Syphon Strike, Souleater and Carve and Spit. While Carve and Spit is not that impressive, its an off gcd skill so use it when you can.

Your aoe combo is a little bit more fun and damaging than other tanks, I usually open with Unmend + Plunge, Unleash, Dark Arts Dark Passenger, Abbysal Drain and Salted Earth. From that point I just Hard + Syphon + Souleater + Dark Arts Abbysal Drain and it pretty much secures a steady income of aggro and lifesteal.

If you know the dungeon's layout, dont hesitate to do large pulls if your healer is up for it. With Blood Price and the aoe combo, it feels like DRK was made specifically for it. As for bosses you should open with a Power Slash combo that uses Dark Arts then you drop Grit so you can Blood Blade and spam the Souleater combo full darkarts while it lasts. Just make sure to save your def buff skills for when you drop grit and instead of stacking them use them one after the other. Shadow Wall is particularly fantastic and try to save it for heavy hitting boss aoe/tankbusters.

If you're in a Trial, try to be the offtank. While grit is down you can actually shit out decent damage and you can just easily Grit back up and provoke when mechs demands it.

One final tip: Train. As a tank you're granted with the power of near instant queues and you should use every instant to try to get better. Learn map layouts, boss mechanics. Try to learn how DPS classes and healer classes perform and adjust your tanking accordingly. IE: if you have two monks you're just going to suffer if you do large pulls because monks have very little in the aoe department and require specific positioning that large chaos tend to make near impossible. You are the driver here, meaning you have a lot of responsibility but should you get good you will recieve no end of praise.

The macro works, mostly. There's a slight delay to it since macros can't be queued the way actions and weaponskills can, but it's not that bad.

what, did you miss foxy lady or something? have to unqueue and logout for 20 minutes and do something off the game? explain to me how this is any different from a weekly maintenance?

oh yeah, it isn't. except for the fact that it's far shorter in duration. you wanna be angry at someone for this, be angry at the shitters on balmeme and greg who, like with everything else, are most likely responsible for ruining it for everyone else.

this reminds me of when people were still stuck on raubahn to advance the MSQ.

moral of the story; if greg and balmeme were cut off like the gangrenous limbs they are, then the other servers would markedly better off for it. SE just needs to bite the bullet and do the deed; split balmeme and greg into two separate servers apiece, offer full server transfer of all funds/housing/etc. to anyone that volunteers, with an ample amount of feathers and other shit as incentives too, and if that doesn't alleviate the issue, then draw lots based on FC and tell people to deal with it. 90% of the problems in this game from a server point-of-view come from the highest pop servers and the people on them who refuse to leave because reasons.

quality post here, not just for drks but for tanks in general.

How is your ping to the new data center? I'm up to 140 now from 60ms.

Those players would just make their way to another server and continue being a problem. At most we'd get a short reprieve until all of the transfers finish.

Yeah, the job is fucking garbage now because Yoshi took a big fat steaming shit on it for stormblood. Sucks to be you.

Your first problem was binding the melee combo to 1234. You don't use it often enough, so I put it on a modifer. Alt+1 2 3 for the main combo, and I use a modifier on my keybind for scatter to change it into Moulinet whenever applicable.

don't do this, you'll clip your GCD and look like a retard while doing it

DPS queues are 1+ hour.

Why do they punish all worlds? Faerie has a queue of 30 people during prime time

Again, if SE upgraded their servers we wouldn't have these issues.

I remember the good old days where if you died, its always the healer fault but now, its the tank fault. What the hell?

If you dps then it is never your fault. This now applies to shitter healers that think they are dps that can heal if needed now.

I havent seen such a stupid fucking post in my life, what a waste of dubs. Of course its different than a weekly maintenance, because its every day. For people like me on low population servers, the problems that the shitters on gilgamesh and balmung have shouldnt fucking matter. Im on Jenova and the queue has never gone higher than 35 to log in, and I've never taken more than ten minutes to find a duty. So we should be punished because neets on Bal and Gilg don't fucking log out? You'd thank SE for shitting in your mouth because you'd get free corn out of it, you syncophant mongoloid. Fuck you with every fuck thats ever been said.

I hate this meme. No other game does this.

seriously. fuck gordias for enforcing this shitty mindset. it's entirely possible(given that higher end fights in wow does this) to make tanks focus entirely on tanking just as healers focusing entirely on healing without making shit boring.

Actually, tank damage has always been a thing in mmo's due to threat generation. A shitty tank will only put the minimum amount of effort to hold aggro on the boss, while a good one will maximize it to allow the dps to blow everything on the boss, increasing the raids output.
Tank dps also alleviates dps checks on fights, and increases surviavability in add situations when they can get an add down significantly quicker

Left is 60fps, right is 144
It doesn't feel right

Shirk and the fact that all DPS have aggro mitigators so far has made this entirely a non issue assuming everyone isn't stupid.

60 frames Superior frames

Our eyes can't see in 144

Also this game really needs a butt adjuster and thicker bodies in general

I hate this game.

The only thing shirk should be used for is tank swaps, and having to rely on outside sources to hold threat makes you a shitter.

Time out. How would you even use Shirk for anything but tank swaps and trolling? How the hell would it help you with threat management?

Even Tank now only use tank combo as an opener and then use their dps combo for the rest of the fight

That can't be right, 60 fps looks much smoother, not just the breast physics either.

Oh, that's why I'm confused. I thought Shirk was a Role action now? As in, only Tanks can use it?

Correct, its also on a 2m CD

That is pretty bizarre.

Playing on a vanilla private server is not the same thing as modern WoW. Modern WoW has every single tanking class following the "active mitigation" design Blizzard came up with for Brewmaster Monks during Mists of Pandaria.
Using Protection Warriors for example, the majority of their mitigation comes from Shield Block and Ignore Pain. In order to maximize Shield Block time they need to constantly be fishing for Shield Slam procs and using a specific talent that extends the duration of Shield Block each time they use Shield Slam. On top of that Ignore Pain is one of their only two rage dumping skills, and it gives them a shield that eats 90% of their incoming damage. If they don't have that up at all times, they're practically made out of paper.

I think the idea is that the off-tank uses their threat combo while shirking the main tank. I don't know why they would ever do that to begin with, though. I can't remember what Paladin or Dark Knight do when they're not spamming their enmity combo, but Warriors are busy keeping Maim and Storm's Eye up or generating beast gauge for fell cleave spam.

How do I join guild, new player here

Well considering for casters their best emnity mitigation role skill is also the skill that gives them a huge infusion of free MP, I'm pretty sure at the very least SMN, RDM, and every healer will always have it.

Provoke is highest emnity +1 so if MT and OT coordinate their shirk usage they can go the entire fight never touching their emnity moves after the ~1 minute mark.

it is, mainly for tank swap, not holding threat. DPS have Diversion (reduce enmity) which you shouldn't waste a spot on your hotbar for. It's the tank job for holding aggro.

DID SOMEONE SAY QUEUES?

Also were YOU a basic bitch when you visited the Ruby Sea?

Pls help

what's your characters name?

I dont know about RDM but I'm pretty sure SMN have their own MP generator which is 10 times better than lucid dreaming

Is there a fox lady equivalent in every zone?

Emma Jung

Read the fucking OP you dense shit.

Not every zone but theres 2 special FATE in each expansion that give special reward
ARR
Heavenward
Stormblood

Why you heff to be mad

Tried searching for ya on exodus but not seeing you there.

Ah I'm not on Exodus, I might have to make a new character on that world. I'm not familiar with how servers work all too well, I'm from /sp/, I don't play a lot of games

Dont start now, especially an MMO. Go play football or something

Quit being autistic and let me fraternize with the natives

You need to leave.

I'm from full/sp/ you moron. I don't post often since /sp/ left to 76chan. Quit being such a prick. You don't know other boards, I came here in September with GG.
Allright man you do you, I'm just trying to play some games with user, but apparently he's so much of a prick he's annoyed I'm just posting in his thread.

Youll learn pretty quick that these threads have as much friendliness and social skills as they do good players. Join any FC other than anything you see in this thread if you ever want to win or have fun.

You need to go far fucking away from here

I do not comprehend, but then again I also don't play cuck healing jobs.
Any submissive fairy wanna explain why this is so bad?

I've been doing mostly DPS combos, switching to one or two enmity combo rotations at most and haven't had any trouble generating aggro. Granted, I do play PLD so my OGCD's are a great source of enmity, all I need to do is weave those into my rotations, which at this point is a reflex.

Also, does anyone consider Shirk a necessity? I feel like it's a wasted slot since there are more useful skills you could take. All I did for SusEX swaps was to help out the healers for 5 seconds and then just continue playing as normal, even when I didn't Sword Oath.

Not anymore, since Aetherflow's MP recovery was nerfed by 50% going into Stormblood praise Yoshi he's so smart haha

You don't post often since you're the only one left apparently. It's also not an excuse to be an utter newfag on other boards. You've been here more than long enough to fucking know better.

Because tank can't do big pull anymore. During big pull, healer essentially need to spam heal to make sure tank doesn't die. But because they think they can do dps now, they want to spam Stone III or holy instead and disregarding the tank. By the time they need to heal, its already too late or out of mp.

How is being from the first Exodus make anyone a newfag? That was literally years ago, am I high or something? Top zuz

Thanks

So it's not even a problem with the class itself and just people being fucking stupid?

The LGBT FC wasn't enough there is also a LGBTQ FC on omega

Everyday I learn new stupid shit that Yoshi does.

Not really, because the new meta is healer can do dps, they're asking tank to pull mob one at a time to compensate. You're gonna be branded as "bad tank" for pulling more mobs than 1 now.

This explains the shitfest I faced today where I was forced to babypull the entirety of Baelsar's because not a single retard could keep up with anything bigger than a 4pull

that's a flat out lie. ive never ran across any tanks or healers with that attitude this expansion.

As much fun as I'm having now with DRK, being stuck in the 30s sucks ass I'm seriously considering one of those jump potions, but I don't want to miss out on the DRK storyline either.

Duly noted. So I should mostly focus on my Soul Eater Combo and just using Unmend/Unleash as needed?

This pretty much answers all questions and then some. Thank you so much user.

I understand. I feel I have a decent grasp of the DPS classes already, since I main(ed) BRD. I'll make certain to learn the dungeons though.
Screencapping this posterity

I think you're mistaking DRK for WAR friendo

QUESTION 1
How long is that crazy exp boost promotion going on for in those 3 north american "special servers"?
QUESTION 2
Have the population on the special servers improved as a result of the promotion?
QUESTION 3
Is steam the only version that will let me subscribe with paypal?

Dunno, just moved from Gilgamesh to Coeurl to play with a coworker. Don't remember how long the XP boost lasts, but I got 10 chocobo feathers.
Dunno
just buy the 60 day time cards from amazon you dweeb

user wtf is this thing

A faggot.

QUESTION 5
I pinged the north american servers and I get 130ms ping at best. I have heard people saying that a lot of endgame cooldown tricks require a sub 40ms ping. Should I even bother playing at 130-150ms ping?

couldn't tell you, i'm not in the end game. I'm just about halfway done with HW

I play with about 60 in the summers and 140 in the winter, I don't really notice a difference either way. The thing to know is that every time you try to use a skill, even if it's not a skill that you can use, the server updates your location. So once you've ran away from an AoE, for instance, all you need to do is attempt to use a skill.

Some classes like ninja you will want to be as low ping as you can and I'm not even sure if double weaving off globals is a thing anymore for most DPS classes. As long as you are under 200 ping it doesn't really matter for the most part but anything higher you will start to feel the lag alot more. (greatly so if you are playing RDM or using Swiftcast)

Hey, at least he knows about the important stuff

double weaving off-gcds is cancer at 110 for me, wtfast fixed it for me though.

did you read the previous thread where a healer complained that if he cant heal a tank during a big pull, its the tank fault

Anyone on Ultros want an instant leveling roulette?

Are you saying I'm playing DPS?

I'm saying >people still playing dps who would need to buddy up with tanks and healbots to queue

STOP FUCKING TARGETING ME YOU CUNT

Healers and tanks are boring as fuck most of the time. Also doesn't help that Stormblood fuck 3/6 of them and added two really fun DPS classes.

Try being a monk during that fight. You never get to keep GL3 up for more than 15 seconds.

i hopped on my SAM after getting back on and got into bardam's mettle again in less than 20 minutes. git gud scrub.

the point is that they need to split greg/balmeme, not keep catering to the whims of the ~30kish players that comprise both, who both want to have their cake and eat it too. supposedly balmeme has 18k unique players on it. it *needs* to be split in half, at least, and greg would benefit from it too. yeah, it'd be nice of SE upgraded their servers, but given that it's only about 1-2 worlds per server group that shit the bed, how can they justify upgrading 4-6 servers and leaving the rest as is? they can't. the servers work fine for literally anything else except super fates with metric shittons of people, but that's been a problem since the days of the first mmo's.

i've never seen so many people salty about a 15-20 minute downtime. it's not like they spring this on you at the last moment. i did another dps run on my SAM in Shisui before the purge. we finished with about 15 minutes to spare, so i did some side quests i had saved and finished my 2-star hunts and then logged off and got myself some lunch. then i logged back in around 12:15 and got on no problem, just a 3-4 minute wait in a queue. there were already 20 parties in party finder and dps queues for bardam's sat around 15 minutes. which is exactly the time it took for me to get into bardam's. this is on primal, so maybe shit's fucked on aether or something again, greg and balmeme

gotta agree with others, 60 looks and feels way better than the 144.

because as OT you can provoke which sets your aggro to the highest current aggro on boss +1 and then immediately shirk onto the MT to give the MT even more threat. as long as you won't be needing your provoke in the next 40 seconds, this gives the MT a huge threat lead if done about 30s into the fight.

check'd

yeah basically. use dark arts to dump MP as you get higher, just make sure you have enough to use your oGCD's when they are needed which usually means on CD, although i guess dark passenger isn't considered a good use of dark arts anymore, most drks i see just use it plain

I AM a Monk during that fight, which explains my anger. There's also that ==ONE== tank that moves her an INCH away from me and I can't move up or else i'll kill everyone.

Specific dungeon queues are short now, but roulettes (which is what people need right now) are long as fuck.

maybe leveling dungeons but kugane castle was taking more than an hour before I just gave up.

Play during low server population (1.00 a.m - 8.00 a.m) you'll get in a dungeon less than 10 minutes

I play almost exclusively during those hours and I can tell you that is absolutely not the case for the PRIMAL server group.

So when the fuck can i start desynthing SB items and whats the desynth cap?

Currently 205 on BSM and i can do hunt shit but not eikon/shire shit yet. and cannot touch the high steel SB 190 shit at all.

I have a FC chest and two retainers and an inventory fucking full of shit i cannot desnth yet and no online info i can find.

Is it like 220? or something ridiculous like 250?

Overpulling will always be the tank's fault if it happens more than once. And no amount of you throwing your hands up and going "well he should be better" will change the fact that it's the tanks fault after the first overpull wipe

Well yeah of course it doesn't look as bad if you just picked it up.
DRK used to play like a straight up DPS class but with tanking responsibility. Tons of oGCDs to weave, and you actually had to pay attention to your mana and keep up Scourge.

Now it's just 1-2-3 the fucking job while you wait for your (significantly fewer) oGCDs to come off cooldown so you can press them. They took the tank with the highest skill ceiling and complexity and turned it into fucking HW PLD. The new PLD in SB has more complexity now, and that's disgusting.

in return, they get only three new skills
Whoopee. Amazing. Couple that with the universally large DPS nerf all three tanks got hit with and you have a job that's boring and weak as fuck. PLD is tankier, does more damage, and brings more utility to the table because all of DRK's utility got deleted or moved to cross-role.

no amount of excuses gonna change how shit you are

Why? you can practically spam Abyssal Drain non stop with syphon strike buff

i feel your fucking pain, fellow MNK

dont you have form shift and earth's reply to keep up gl3?

form shift wont help if you cant get close to launch the attack, and earths reply has a 60 sec cooldown. so its not always availible for it, AFAIK

Form shift doesn't work unless you are doing damage and earths reply only works if you are taking damage and it's a long cooldown.

Monk is really hampered by trying to keep up GL3. I wish they could give us a channel move that lets us "meditate" and freeze our GL3 countdown. So when we know we can't do anything we can just "hold" it and it will help us during those boss phase changes when we are forced to lose it for no reason.

Fuck this tower and everything in it

we finally got it, and 2 accessories for me dropped, but goddamn that wasn't fun sitting on 1/3rd hp after every mechanic for 15 seconds.

makes sense why some of the changes in SB are not so hot. probably worked on by the "new blood" who have yet to know the wrath of the player.

Patch on Tuesday, will the new raid also open up Kugane?! Don't forget to logout at the kugane salesman before the maintenance!

Gotta get that plot 30

dont you buy plots at the placard?

What's the earliest i300 gear you can get?

the level 70 dungeons drop ilvl 300, the tome gear at 70 is 310 (and very cheap).

Will they ever unfuck tank damage? Its fucking retarded I have to use 270 STR gear to have a decent damage/emnity output, because sitting there mashing power slash is incredibly dull.

I've seen tanks hold aggro just fine without them

You can only select ward 1 right now so if you were to log out at the house itself you are challenging the 60 biggest neets on the server to a log/click battle. If I log out at the transporter guy I can just click a random ward and have more chance of actually buying a plot.

Is this not correct? It's the first time I'm buying a house.

good fucking work SE

How big of a fag am I if I want to make a linkshell only for cats? It's huge, isn't it? I'm a huge fag I'm guessing

Jesus, that might explain some things.

Yes, you can have aggro just fine with power slash for a minute/AD for group pulls, I'd like to do MORE though. Like HW style tanking was so much more fun compared to Stormblood, I'm not even talking about Gordias which will become a thing again at this rate.

oh that makes sense, that's what im gonna have to do too.

awhile back, a friend of mine told me that he vastly prefers it when i tank. i asked him why, and he said that things just go so smoothly when i'm tanking. i didn't really get what he meant until today because holy fuck that whole thing was cancer.

Bet you anything that fucker was a potion boosted tank still figuring out the 1 2 3 rotation

Funnily enough, they did exactly that for SAM's equivalent in Kenki. They can "Meditate" during downtime to regenerate their bar. SAM really is just MNK with all of the stupid problems fixed.

What's the program used to increase breasts/butts?

You don't need steam to access FFXIV dumbshit.

Shut your whore mouth wendy or i won't buy your burgers anymore

Was pretty good got full right side Lakshmi stuff
MRW

Laks is not only really easy but also comfy as fuck, it's like the whole thing was made to be unable to fail it which really fits her theme

are the servers shitting up again? I'm getting massive lag along with several other people

Same dude.

End my life I need only 1 more win

Finally got 10 runs + my weapon in Susanoo.
Every pug I join where the other tank doesn't use shirk seems to be a wipe fest even is its a "farm party"

What the fuck is the RDM "rotation" supposed to be? Had some faggot arguing with me I was playing it wrong because of my "low" dps but of course the retard didn't care to say any numbers or what I was doing wrong.

basically this - i.imgur.com/nPKUpq2.png

yeah yeah, imgur. deal with it. the source doc is heredocs.google.com/document/d/1kE7SLJ772HABL3AczJbRfbG_gs5_VWwh5fklZoxHd_0/edit#bookmark=id.hhuptx3cddtm

never forget