/dsg/ - Dark Souls Multiplayer Edition

I'm doing coordinated coop in the undead burg area, who wants to gain some humanities and get that sunbro status?

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/540361
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/540375
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cHlyb21hbmNlciwzMCwyMywzOCwxNiw0NSwxMiwxMCw4LDAsNDMsNDYsNDMsNDYsOSwxNCwxNTMsOTksMTE0LDEwNyxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsMCwzMyw0MSw3MSwyOCwzOSwyNywwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCw2LHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHBvaXNvbiwxLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDA=
mmdks.com/8og1
mmdks.com/8og2
youtube.com/results?search_query=ultragreatsword PVP Dark Souls 3
youtube.com/watch?v=HqdRJL5j-oI&t
pastebin.com/Viu2jukA
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/540529
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Xbox, PC, or ps3?

Gee user, I don't know

Oh I didn't notice that.

This is looking to be a good helper build

Rate my build faggots
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/540361

heh

Remember everybody, do not, I repeat DO NOT, say anything bad about Dark Souls 3.

Made some adjustments. I really like the murakumo, but it's one of the heaviest swords in the game, and has a shit move set.
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/540375

i've been wanting to replay a souls game, which one should i play?

DS2 has the most replayability, especially in NG+

DeS, or DaS.

You mean the one that separates you from all the players not in your NG level? Enjoy playing by yourself. Just use a bonfire accetic, you can farm them in the void area place once you get access to it.

You're legitimately a fucking retard. That was patches years ago, and NG+ no longer separates players.

Fucking finally, it shouldn't have even been there to begin with. It still has the retarded soul memory shit though doesn't it? Wait, are you implying bonfire ascetics no longer increase the NG level of an area? It's been a long time since I played because I got tired of the soul memory shit.

The nigger fuck is that
Assume other posters aren't autists

Are you fucking serious? It would have taken 10 seconds on any search engine to find out it's a mod that helps with finding other players for online play.

3 is a stupid number

Yes
Before you said anything, why the fuck would anyone know what that is by just looking at the picture

Been awhile since I used this image.

It doesn't say DSCM anywhere on the picture, schyzo.
Anyway, don't care. My game is pirated. Have fun

jesus christ I hate summer.

oh, that's neat. How do you get those character nodes to appear.

ctrl+1

thanks, user!

Feeling bad that I spoonfed a summerfag.

DS3 is objectively trash. Anything it did half-decent other games did better, it didn't innovate, and has the worst level design I've ever seen in an action rpg.

is the game and season pass worth 40 bucks? I'm tempted to get it while it's on sale and put over 300+ hours into the original so I'm just wondering if I'll get my money's worth.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

why? If it's good as the original and I can get somewhere near that amount of playtime out of it I wouldn't mind putting down the money. Most new games I uninstall a couple minutes after pirating.

If you don't know what you did, you need to leave.

DS3? It's okay, but it's really only worth pirating and modding. It just looks really nice, but it's no dark souls 1

That's a shame. I take it the online scene is pretty mediocre as well then?

I just checked the steam page, and it seems that DS3 still has about 8k players, DaS 2k, and DaS2 around 400. All of them have declined a massive amount in the last two months though. By at least thirty percent. I don't know how encompassing the steam charts are though.

Addendum: I missed the expansion for DaS2, it has around 2-3k players, and it's the only one that has seen some growth, it's very small though.

hm, that's not terrible considering I've played some multiplayer games with 100 people.

Basically I have a friend I want to run through this game with and haven't been able to touch DaS 2, DeS, or BB and I found a pretty in depth review and one of the guys biggest gripes is that the series heavily borrows but refines things from past games.. so quite a bit will be new to me.

right now the biggest thing I don't like is that they did away with the open world. Was that a fluke or something in DaS 1?

why the fuck did they think this was a good idea

I came here to laugh at you.

If by "open world" you mean all the areas are connected to each other with numerous paths yes that was new in DaS. DeS originally had a hub world where you would teleport to separate worlds.

The forest covenant really wasn't a very good idea. Want to know what happens if you join them, and then accidentally bump into them during a fight?

>It's another multi-enemy bossfight which surprise bitch combines into one super-powered bossfight with a full health bar once you think you've won
Goddamn, why is every boss in this DLC an utter fucking slog? Ornstein and Smough was a meme fight so now every fucking boss has to be a multi-enemy fight?
Tell me the bosses in the Ringed City are better than this

Souls is dungeon crawler as opposite of open world.

I really liked the twin princes and had no trouble with them, a death or two maybe? Could be my build compared with yours but yeah. Opinions.

wait fuck i meant twin demons or whatever the fuck. it turns into the demon prince right?

I don't say this often but seriously m8 git gud. I beat the demons on my first try, NG+. You're lucky enough babies cried about the angels being too OP that from nerfed them, otherwise you'd never make it through the DLC.

The angels were completely retarded and unfun. It's Amana but 10x worse.

Demon Princes are pretty well-done IMO. One backs off while you fight with the other one so you don't just get infinicombo'd the first time you get it.
You're not going to enjoy Midir. That king of slog makes Ancient Dragon seem interesting.

Freide, you retard.

No, you were supposed to sneak past the angels and find the host and kill it, retards like you ran through the areas willy nilly and got fucked fast, and you got pissed over your own impatience and lack of observation skills.

I understood perfectly what I was supposed to do. That does not change that the entire area was terrible and angels were stupid.

You're supposed to dodge the soul arrows and kill the priestesses, knowing that doesn't improve Amana.

WHY IS THE FIRST DARK SOULS NOT ON SALE FOR JOLLY CO OP

Amana had barely any fucking cover whatsoever and was flooded with enemies and water that slowed you down, dreg heap had 3 angels total, one of which is very easy to get past and kill, the other two as well if you fucking pay attention. If you actually understood what you had to do, you'd have had no problems. I got through the area just fine because I didn't rush, I paid attention, and was patient.

R8

Invading in 1 is really just atrocious

it's already 20 dollarydoos m8

Do I even need to keep replying? I mean, I could be more specific about its problems, like how taking cover doesn't work because that just gets you cursed, but what's the point? We both know you think it's shit but are afraid to cop to it.

it's shit

If you play DS1 for fashion you end up with midrolls, and that means your poise suffers

Yeah because when you're standing in a beam of light that's cursing you, you just stay still right? That seems pretty fucking smart. By the way, the curse beam only comes down if you've been standing in one place for a long ass time, so it's not trying to kill you, it's the game saying "You've had ample time for cover, get moving", and you do. I think I want to offer you a brain cell so you'll finally have two to rub together, but that'd be a fucking waste.

shit/10 go full sunbro homo.

Casuals all of you.

I didn't know "drinking two estus flasks ro recover damage from the rng arrows" was a longass time, but thanks for showing me wrong, buddy. :^)

But, hold on, since you're so smart, maybe you can clear something up for me.
So, do you take it slow and patient, or do you spent time constantly running about?? I'm super confused! Please explain, senpai! It can't be both, right?

First of all cuntmunch, if you take cover properly you don't get hit by the fucking arrows, ergo you don't need to drink estus. Second of all, the time between getting to cover and the curse beam starting is long as shit, so unless you're curing cancer behind that pile of rubble or whatever, the curse will never be an issue. So yes, it can be both. You have a lot of time to take in your surroundings while covered, and there's a lot of cover to move to, so there's no excuse, faggot.

Doing a SL1 run at the moment. Pretty fun actually. Though New Londo is harder than any boss so far.

Favorite boss in ds3?
I like the demon duo and the dragon from the ringed city

I like the one that plays like Bloodborne.

I'm a fan of the one that's a shameless retread of a past boss.

Such as?

I guess it's never gonna end until they release Dark Souls 3 and contrarianfags move into another game.

Anyway, just re-beat Artorias in a new game, he's surprisingly easier, I got killed more by the fucking titanite demon.

It's funny, the first time I played 3 I enjoyed every fight. The second time through, I was bored with every single one except Champion Gundyr which is the only one that really holds up for me. Even the DLC bosses are shit, and Midir stands out as one of the most generic and poorly designed bosses in the entire series.

Contrast that with 1, which I've beaten 8 or 9 times now, and the only boss fight I genuinely dislike is BoC. Every other fight is thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable, regardless of how many times I beat it.

I'll never understand the complaints about the titanite demons, outside of the three in that one big hallway in Sen's Fortress.

I wonder how that's possible when every fights in 1 are easy as crap.

Complaints? They are by far harder than most of the bosses.

The fights are definitely easy every hard fight in the entire series is found in 2, and those are hard for all the wrong reasons , but the atmosphere and spectacle are perfect and each boss is extremely memorable.
The three in Sen's Fortress are, just because the others are sniping you with lightning bolts, and if you get hit you're going to get staggered long enough to get walloped by the one you're fighting and it's probably going to kill you, but the ones you can fight 1v1 aren't hard at all unless you're using a really slow weapon like a UGS or something.

Once you get used to the Demon Prince fight, if will be a cake walk.

If you are really struggling use a Black Knight Weapon, or a weapon that can inflict bleed preferably with Carthus Rouge.

The only way Demon Prince is hell is if you are a build that has to use non physical damage, because holy hell that nigger have super high resistance to magic, dark, fire and lightning.

Also, the Final boss is one of the best of the series in my opinion, he is a blast to fight, 3 phases, but no "LOL BACK TO FULL HEALTH" bs.

I only played DaS 3 to completion. I might try DaS again, but that PC port was terrible. Is there any mod that actually fixes problems introduced by 60fps or do you actually have to play it in choppy snail vision?

The only problems introduced by 60 FPS are shortened jumped, yes? Just disable DSFIX in-game when you need to make a jump, then.

There's also two ladders that if you slide down, you'll clip through the world, and Estus heals twice as fast. There's a hotkey for enabling/disabling the 60fps lock though, which is backspace by default I believe, so it's definitely something you could toggle when you need to during gameplay.

It's hard to enjoy the fights in DaS1 since after you get the hang of it, most are it are over too fast in order to be enjoyable.

DaS3 hits the perfect balance between bosses feeling varied moveset but also enough HP to stay for minutes or two.

I use the black knight sword, strangely the Sen's fortress ones aren't really hard, the ones that are bitch hard is the one in the catacombs and lost izalith because of the closed tunnel environment.

Even though I like the murakumo better, I usually use the flamberge due to it's low weight, bleed, and very high damage. I see twinks running around with it all the time due to it's low requirements as well. Make it lightning, and it's a flat 500 damage, and I think it keeps the bleed effect as well.

I'm a STR motherfucker, and the Black knight sword is a quality weapon edging strength.

What level are you? Until you're 100+ you probably will not have the stats for health, endurance(for light roll), and do damage that can outpace lightning, or fire.

Started bandit Level 69.

23 VIT
31 ENDR
40 STR
20 DEX

New game.

It's 3am and I'm helping at sens

I probably should have saved a back up.
I'm pretty upset, not mad, but more disappointed that someone gets their kicks like that and that I need to restart the build entirely.

flipping fencer mage is fun as shit, but when leveling up I accidentally put an extra point in attunement, should I continue on to the next slot and say it was on purpose or just eat the loss?
also using a rapier and wearing the lords blade mask really makes people not expect spells, its great.

Pretty much everything in Dark Souls 1 is handled by effects and you can set a weapon's on-hit effects to be anything. Be thankful he didn't set your last rested bonfire to the abyss or give you dragon and egg head at the same time. You'd never be able to play the character again.

Or hell because they don't sanitize the name field in Dark Souls 1 be glad he didn't give your computer a fucking virus.

I don't want to play that character anymore though, he killed the giant blacksmith. That's like the one way I could have made the strongest version of that character, since lightning +5 gets the SSS to 205. Chaos and Fire don't really touch that by much I'm pretty sure. I'm just going to remake the character, I might call him skull knight and see if I can make a poise man that gets the dark set.

Does DSCM work for pirated copies of the game or only the steam ones?

I feel disappointed. Justify it however you want, but it's still boring af.

Only one person ever tried to find a good spot to ambush, they dropped a floating chaos at the top of a ladder, then when I slid down the ladder, they silvercats ring'd it down with a plunging attack and I was genuinely impressed.

Pirated copies don't connect to the internet at all, DSCM just makes the connections that are already there easier.

are chinks always like this? every time I invade someone with chinese letters they are clearly hacking, whats the point and why are there so many of them?

You deserved it. That entire situation was 100% preventable.

pvp watchdog dosnt catch everything unfortunately, it catches a lot but not everything

It catches the shit he described.

I didnt describe it, just pitching in
it also dosnt catch the fucking chinese at all for some reason

honestly Invaders in ds3 are either complete idiots or super autists that will wreck you and your entire parties shit (if you are pleb enough to be teaming up)
I always try to 1v1 invaders because it's more interesting that way and if invaders do shit like hiding behind enemies you should just ignore them and pretend to start going to he boss, they will have to try and stop you then, if yo want to have fun pvp yourself don't wait for invaders, leave a red soapstone at a bonfire for people who actually want to fight you

oh yes and THROWING KNIVES
JUST
THROWING KNIVES
thats it

Making people miserable is one of the greatest things about Souls.
Whenever there was Steam sale for the game, I would hop on and fire up CE and make new players suffer.

I would generally only do the real dick shit to Drake Sword users, if you had a Drake Sword, you were getting Eggheaded, Cursed, and your equipment broken.

I used to like this game until the normalfags at my school started liking it. I decided to take a long look back at it and realized it was casual trash all along.

please re-read your post out loud, you are embarrassing yourself

I've had some of my best experiences in ds1 with hackers. some glowing blue dude with a over sized head invaded me in dark root this one time. I didn't fight him or even disconnect, we just danced together for a bit. Then he messaged on the old gays for windows live system. we agreed that it would be funny for me to summon white phantoms and then have him kill them in funny ways. I didn't know it was possible to trap people in the floor or curse them with a weapon until that invasion. then things started to die down so he dropped 99 slabs and left.

edgy af

t. normalfags

heh preddy gud

Now I'm having my first challenging boss being Kalameet, goddamn tail cutting of this mofo sucks.

Gee user, you sure have a big dick! Can you suck it yourself?

Lightning+5 SSS: 205 Physical AR, 205 Lightning AR
Chaos+5 SSS w/ 10 humanity: 200 Physical AR, 227 fire AR
Chaos at 10 humanity > lightning > fire

fix it with CE you dumb cunt

But I don't want to get my version ruined, I'm just going to move forward and be stronger for it.

Get pvpwatchdog, and an automatic save backup utility while you're at it. You can very easily 100% prevent this shit from happening again.

It's what I'm doing.

Do note that when pvpwatchdog detects a cheater (it'll pop up a red notification), you need to press F1 and it will instantly boot them from your game. That's really the only keybind you need to remember.

I start playing Ds1 and Ds2 seriously for the past week, i gotta say its pretty fun and good i still need to learn about the game and lore and i die quiet often if im not carefull but its fun to play. I even got my first invasion yesterday, guy didn't last two seconds since i push him off a cliff.

Im currently playing whit a swordsman in Ds2 since dual welding turns me on, and a knight in Ds1 wich im learning and training to parry whit, so if you guys got any tips for a nooby i take them.

Estoc/Longsword is the best powerstance in 2 and anyone who disagrees has shit taste. Learn to swap between and when to utilize twohanding, powerstance, regular two weapons, and sword/shield. Make sure to carry a ranged weapon, like magic or a bow or a crossbow.

Stand as close as possible to them and press parry when their weapon arm moves forwards.

Ty user, that's gonna be usefull.

Okay, so here's my guide
you already did that so good on you, you picked the best class
Most people will tell you to increase your strength or dex to the cap to scale with weapons; this is worthless until you hit the upper levels unless the weapon scales really well with something. Tank is made to stay stalwart and steadfast.
all of that stuff is just playing preference though, but if you want to play with others the 14 faith is also good for having the spell "heal" which you can use when summoned in lieu of your negated estus. Besides that, I usually kill solaire Because his quest is bad end no matter what, so I'd rather be the villain who takes him out early and lives out his legacy than see him crumble. also bucket helm and get the sunlight straight sword, which only requires 2 more points, 12 strength and dex, to weild and is a really great straight sword to use through the game. I suggest fire and lightning upgrade paths, since most things are weak to both of those things and they require no stats for some high damage
Currently I'm rerolling my build because of a hacker and going to make a DS1 skull knight with a darksword, so I'm going to need points in Dex and Str over time but I usually get to 30 vit&end by O&S

If you wanna give him a spoiler heavy walkthrough guide, then why not tell him to start bandit, put two points into strength and one into dex, and use the chaoshander with heavy armor and whatever family mask to completely crush the entire game?

That's wrong though, all you need to do is join the Pyromancy covenant and scrifice enough humanity to unlock the shortcut.

Or just cast toxic mist through the doorway, or just not talk to him at all until killing the thing, or perform Engyi drop to get in there without the lordvessel, or perform firesage skip to get in there lordvessel.

That build is still too time consuming since you have to grind for chunks.

Best laziest build is either
- gravelord sword build
- any black knight weapon build

Nah fam, the best build is a dex focused pyromancer

nope

There's 8 chunks and one slab available without grinding. It takes 7 and a slab to max out chaos, 6 and a slab to max out fire.

You fucking casuals talking shit, like I wouldn't find out.

You think it's better for him to fail his quest and keep living with the only thing he's got going for him being helping you?
Or do you think it's better that he loses his mind in a cave to the whims of a parasite that takes over his body? You think either of those ends are the good one? You're fucking wrong, m8

I said 'heavy armor and chaos twohander and whatever family mask he can get his hands on' was the easiest way to crush the game. He might miss out on specifically father's mask and he might miss giant's set entirely, so I suggested things in the spirit of the large father rather than things to the letter.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cHlyb21hbmNlciwzMCwyMywzOCwxNiw0NSwxMiwxMCw4LDAsNDMsNDYsNDMsNDYsOSwxNCwxNTMsOTksMTE0LDEwNyxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsMCwzMyw0MSw3MSwyOCwzOSwyNywwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCw2LHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHBvaXNvbiwxLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDA=

You have a fucking midroll, you're going to get rofl stomped.

pretty shit tbh. Way too much attunement for basically fuck-all, Crown of the Dark sun looks like garbage with the thorn set, father mask actually works well with Giant's Set visually, and also you're not using enisle's build so you're at a tremendous disadvantage.

If you have your heart set on the lifehunt scythe I'm going to have to recommend this: mmdks.com/8og1

also it has the single highest fashion souls rating of any armor setup ever while breaking 71 poise.

It's funny how the meta for this game is just abusing glitches. I've never heard of this one though, was this glitch seriously never patched?

You're going to trigger the autists that think it's a feature you know. Like the same retard that thought the duping humanity glitch made the game worse than 3.

Wasn't discovered until after they stopped supporting it, super vital for the speedruns because it makes your black knight greatsword hit twice per running attack and makes the running attack so fast you can stunlock anything that has poise.

Tell me you don't know about tumblebuffing because if you don't I'm about to blow your mind.

mmdks.com/8og2
Lightning falchion: 205 physical ar, 205 lightning ar.
Sunlight Blade: Talisman's MagAdjust * 1.8, which in this case, would be 226 * 1.8 = 406.8.
You can't buff lightning weapons, or at least, aren't supposed to be able to.
Y'see, the game checks whether or not something can be buffed when you input the buff command, not when the buff spell is being cast. If you fatroll or running jump, input the command to cast SLB on something that CAN be buffed, like the dragon king greataxe, quickly open the menu before the roll is completed and swap to a different weapon (like a +5 lightning falchion) during the start of the casting animation, you apply the buff to the thing you swapped to.

This bug has existed in every single souls game, though it's pretty useless in 2 and a pain in the ass to use in 3.

By applying SLB to a lightning falchion, you get a falchion with 810 AR, 605 of which is pure elemental damage. At 50 int, the MLGS only has 480 elemental damage, and is significantly slower.

You can, however, tumblebuff the MLGS with crystal magic weapon for equally bananas results. I've swung the CMW MLGS for 2k damage before.

it's pretty bonkers. 2h slb lightning falchion can kill ng+ smough in 3 r1s

And if you ever wanted to be a total dickass sniper, moonlight arrows on a darkmoon longbow buffed with darkmoon blade combined with RTSR is instant kill headshots.

I have nearly 300 hours in 1 and I've never heard of tumblebuffing. My mind is definitely blown.

The best speed run is performed by the gravelord sword/black knight weapons.

Both of these are new to me I can't believe I have not heard of either. That's pretty radical.

>The best speed run is performed by the gravelord swordlol nope gls is shit/black knight weapons.
…Because buying a shitload of twinkling titanite at the giant blacksmith to max out the weapon saves huge amounts of time compared to fighting capra and getting the large ember, then picking up the very large ember in new londo or heading into the catacombs multiple times after getting an ember from demon ruins not because those weapons are innately better than the zweihander.

Even then, all bosses routes rely heavily on sorcery because dark bead is fair and balanced, and EVEN THEN almost every route relies on the drake sword (a shit weapon) early on because not upgrading saves time.

Yes, it's not about being better, it's about convenient.

These weapons have innate high damage and are easier to upgrade and can be found early, thus are they are supreme speedster weapons.

Yes. Supreme speedster weapons. Not the thing you want to give to someone new to the game who's playing it for the first time due to their numerous downsides like impractical to the point of nigh-useless r2s, crushing weight that prevents you from equipping more armor, and higher stat demands giving you less levels in vitality. Speedrunners know the bosses and don't need to level up vitality because they ideally don't get hit. New players will get hit a lot, so you want them to have a build that can get hit a lot without dying.

It's very strange because all these weapons just require you to 2-hand R1 spam.

Sure, a zweihander is easier due to the pancake R2, but 2-hand R1 takes just a wee bit more effort (and flanking).

Why did they ruin the Dark Set in 3?

because they thought it was armor and not humans overflowing with humanity with their skin peeling and body expanding. Dark Wraiths being out is like a critical problem to the world, since that means all humanity is being sucked up by them and is basically gone at that point

Because 2 and 3 were a mistake and Miyazaki just half assed through 3 because he doesn't like sequels.

I'm surprised to reread something of that era and see how they though of these features now that everything changed.
They called poise simply "useful". Nowadays, DEX faggots call it game breaking whichjis what made From nerf it in DS2 and nuke it in DS3.

He defended Dreg well enough and established the difference with Amana. Dunno what you're being autistic about

Nigger wut?

Please stop hating DaS3.

It's the best in the series, second to Bloodborn if you count BB.

Are you the idiot who made the Souls thread pleading for people not to shit on DS3 like an anti bully campaign?

I'll take it.

Yes.

Also, armor-wise, drakeblood armor is fucking boss, best armor in the series.

Wrong.

DS1 is the best. 2 went through development hell and the hastily botched game we got in the end is a miracle. 3 was just a quick rush out of the door job so they can wash their hands of the series.

DS1 certainly doesn't play like the best unlike DS3.

Not to mention DS1 WAS THE rushjob.

Oh so now it's development hell?
What makes 2 shit is shit design from the ground up. Get that through your fucking skull, will you.

Are you also the titanite demon autist?
You keep reminding me of him

The same.

It was a bit of both.
DS1 was also a rush job but ended up being a much better game though.

DaS3 is unironically the most poblished and non-rush job of the Dark Souls series.

After all the dumb shit you posted on the other thread, don't expect anyone to take any of your opinions seriously. Wish I had screencapped that

They don't need to, it's not opinion, it's factual.

The rush shit from DaS1 and DaS2 are self-evident while DaS3 is actually consistent and realized its potential.

Like your "factual" that the titanite demon was one of the hardest enemies in the game and there's no consistent strategy to beat him, Mr PROOF POST 10 TIMES POST PROOF 10 TIMES POST PROOF?
Stop trying. I get second hand embarrassment from reading your shit

DaS 3 was a shitshow
DaS 1 would be better for co-op than 3 if everyone started playing 1 instead so more people were being human and summoning. The PVP is still the worst in the series since it is literally just minmaxing and backstabs or using an overpowered spell, but you can't get everything I guess.

Don't forget that people like to shit on very crappy pc port of DaS that can be fixed with mods, but overlook almost equally crappy pc port of DaS3 that cannot be fixed with mods and you'll end up banned if you try.

I got around the random framerate drops by making the game run on a borderless window, what other problem does the PC port have?

P O I S E

Allow me to retort but I never said there's no consistency strategy to beat him, in fact, just spam thunderbolt him and he will fucking die 10 out of 10.

What I mean is to try to melee him, which is certainly do-able, but due to his jump attack, it's very hard to kill 10 out of 10 like kiting him.

More production time and more funds? Jesus, DaS3 was finished in about a year or two, and there's no proof it has more funds pouring into it. The game lacks contents compared to DaS2 (which was a giant shitshow with added shit to make the game good) but it's the same as DaS1.
But DaS3 doesn't try to capture the essence of DaS1, it just ends the shit started in DaS1 and DaS3.
PVP in DaS3 is the smoothest in the series though. People will always DaS2 has more variety, but the PVP in DaS3 remains the most popular.

DaS3 PC port ain't shit. It's actually well optimized and learned a lot from DSFix.

A shitter.

Poise made the game varied and added to the replay factor. It was fun as fuck playing as a tank but also a 2fast4u roll spamming glass cannon. Unfortunately DS3 pretty much makes you play the latter.

But you can play the tank in DaS3. In fact, half of DaS3 build nowadays are huge poise + ultra greatswords i.e. DaS1.

Quit forcing that meme.

So they fixed poise now?

They increase hyper armor massively so you can trade blow with enemies without being staggered.

How do I get into this series if I hate 2spooky4me aesthetics and environments?I started with Demon's Souls back on the PS3 and have played every one except BB, and every game I always drop when the horror gets ramped up. Should I just go to DD: DA?

No.

it is armor, you can see in the eyes of the mask when you wear it in 1

even DD has spooky levels. stop being a pussy and enjoy the game for its ability to actually scare you, some people would envy you deeply for that.

You did. hence the POST 10 PROOF POST 10 EXACTLY 10 NO LESS NO MORE POST 10 PROOF
It's doable consistently
You suck at games if you can't make it

Poise =/= hyper armor
In fact it isn't even real hyper armor and there's certainly no fucking meme. UGS still have plenty of problems if you hit at the beginning of their animation

But I don't get any enjoyment out of horror/jumpscares/whatever bullshit is designed to induce fear/stress/anxiety/whatever other tumbler trigger there is. I guess I'll just have to wait for Souls gameplay in a different setting.

It's meant to induce depression but not really horror.
It has jumpscares in the same way an FPS has jumpscares when you get jumped by an enemy you didn't see from a certain angle.

If you have a keyboard with macro functions, try these.

I need to tweak the numbers for the rollswap, as it has a low success rate. But the tumblebuff timing works on fast roll 80% of the time.

user I'm bad at horror games but the Souls games are completely fine.

You need to tweak the commands. You can do a moveswap off a jump without needing a macro. Ditto tumblebuffs.

Equip the dark set and use skeleton-themed equipment, like the gravelord sword or roaring halberd. Spook the enemies to death before THEY can spook YOU!

In that same thread, I have said you can easily beat him with thunderbolt.
Proof of you doing it then?
Why are everyone and their mother now porting an ultragreatsword then?

Stop the fucking meme.

There we go
the point is it fucking baffles me you can't even accept some people can do it just because you can't.
Proof?
I want screenshots of at least 60% of the Steam userbase who PvP porting UGS to dictate a meaningful majority

I can certainly accept it, with proofs.
youtube.com/results?search_query=ultragreatsword PVP Dark Souls 3

Yeah, 60% of the community upload videos on Youtube
Try again

It proves that a shitload of people employ UGS in PVP, to the point where they make Youtube guide - build to win.

So not 60%. Cool.
I can do the same Youtube query with many other weapons that aren't UGS and will get "shitload of people" as well.
And even if UGS are the most popular choice it doesn't mean it doesn't have problems. UGS require good timing since they don't have hyper armor in the beginning of their animation, and even then you can break the hyper armor (hence why it's not real hyper armor) if you're not using a lot of armor with poise. You can look up hyper armor breakpoints.

Stat-wise, the only way you can beat UGS build is to search for dex build cuz dex build has always beaten STR builds in Souls games.
So it ain't fucking perfect, but people still enjoy them fine, making good risk and reward weapon.

Educate yourself instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=HqdRJL5j-oI&t

There we go. That's it.
So we agree it isn't overpowered. You can't tank like in the old games because it got nerfed to fuck

>youtube.com/watch?v=HqdRJL5j-oI&t
He's agreeing with me you retarded faggot. He's saying you can break hyper armor if you do enough poise damage (which like I said several times, means it's not real hyper armor)

But you can tank in the game, it's proven in the video itself. And no, the fact it isn't overpowered is a good fucking thing.
Of course you can break hyper armor if you don't wear enough heavy armor, but that's the point of having heavy armor + tech.

This is why he recommends to be a tank, you need to have a good that have a poise increase tech and heavy armor, meaning the enemies cannot break your hyper armor as much.

Jesus you're retarded
I'm talking about tanking outside of attack animations
You can't do that anymore and animations have a startup time where they can cancel you.

It wasn't overpowered before neither

Which has never been my point. My point has always been trading blows.
Which makes the game more challenging and force you to attack in order to keep your hyper armor.
It wasn't particularly useful, no, daily reminder that the despite all derr poise shit, STR PVP builds in DaS1 require entirely on one hit backstab because the weapons are too fucking slow, and even your havel set will get staggered by 5 hits of a falchion.

I was talking about DaS, faggot
heh
HEH
I'm pretty sure dark 2 has the most popular PVP for it's actually usable netcode

Actually, I'm pretty sure DaS3 has the smoothest and most popular PVP to this date.

Yes it was you imbecile.
You replied to someone talking about tanking like in DS1 on this post
You can't do the same things you were able to do in that game because DS3's poise is completely different.
If that was your point then you made a terrible job at communicating it

Less varied. Even you admitted the dex build is better.
If you want to make the game challenging to a tank you can do it, you just have to design the game around it. There's no "oh no this is too OP, we can't implement this! no way!" thing. When you're designing the game you can even make the character fly if you fucking want, the challenge will come from how you design the game around the features you give the player.

Thank you.
If there were ways around it then they could've added it without breaking balance.

I said you can tank in the game and you sure can, you can even tank better than DS1 due to the tech.
Not true, in fact, less poise and faster STR weapons encourage people to use STR weapons, much more than DaS1.
Dex build is better in every Souls games. Point is DaS3 STR build is better than DaS1 STR build.
They can do that by adding poise and ruin STR builds even further.
There's no fucking need to add it, it's just a crutch to make shitters have a bad habit of not dodging or not actively attacking enemies.

str pvp dosnt need backstabs, just good range and fear, I do good work with my str build with the large club, most str weapons are really bad and I wish they were better but large club and man serpent sword are both okay to good.
I have 70 something poise and lightroll

reminder that quickfags have literally never played heavy armor and don't know the joy of using a heavy knight with a polearm and being able to trick quickfags into flying into your danger zone
reminder that quickfags will always >imply their speed will be faster

You ain't into higher SL play then.

At high levels where the dex build pump VIT and END, the only ways the STR builds can recover is either:
- they are really good at the weapons, way beyond the DEX-ter
- they backstab to kill the DEX-ter in one hit, hopefully
- they hit the enemies via rolling attack

Dexfags dominate in DaS1.

He didn't say tank hits in attack animation
Still slower than DEX weapons
DS1's STR weapons compensated it with bigger hitboxes that lingered and an overall slower paced gameplay.
So you're admitting the game is not varied
Rolling is the name of the game, not rolling is not an option.
Case closed.

I said tank, and trading blows.
And? Still faster than DaS1 STR weapons.
Nigger, DS3 STR weapons favor wide horizontal slashes that have huge hitboxes as well as decent speed, example: Gundyr's halberd, or the spin to win splitleaf, they are much better than the STR meta in DaS1 which require on rolling attack.
You don't need to roll in DaS3 if you time attack rights, thus enjoying the full poise health.

While you do need to roll in DaS1 in order to backstab, because your tanky ass havel is gonna get staggered by a handaxe if you rely on poise.

You never said this. Reread

Making them much harder to use. You don't have time to "time your attacks" if they're already starting their attack animations because STR weapons have delayed hyper armor.
Hence why removing poise was fucking pointless. There was never a need to nerf STR players

I liked DaS3.

Definitely not the best in the series, but far from being shit as idiots on Holla Forums would have you believe.

no its not a 120 build your right

I said you can tank in DaS3, which is factual.

Not really, you just have to buff your tech, wear poise armor and slash away.
You certainly fucking do, especially when STR weapons have far better reach.
Removing poise doesn't nerf STR players, in it fact encourages more STR players mainly because poise is fucking useless.

To someone talking about tanking in general outside of hyper armor
My god, I remembered why I stopped replying to you.
You literally said in the last post you have to time attacks right.
If they already started their attack animation then it means they're already at your reach. READ
I talked about delayed hyper armor like 10 times already
I'm out. You're super retarded.

That certain someone said you can't play a tank in DaS3, factually wrong, you can, and it's a very popular build.
Which means you buff yourself before you attack them.
Now that's a big ass implication, you certainly can hit the enemies outside their zones due to the reach of STR weapons, meaning you can attack before they attack.
And the result shows DaS3 has much more varied STR builds than DaS1 (which rely entirely on Demon great axe, great club and large club and man's serpent great sword). Faster STR weapons and movement >>>> the existence of poise.

The "chaos" weapon is almost always a fucking katana.

Get on my level right now.

in ds1, why does it sometimes do a thing, in which the you are being invaded message pops up, but when the guy finally actually appers, he's actually white phantom? happened to me twice. Today was the second time, he helped me in anor londo, and he died to silver knight and there was even this message about dark spirit being defeated and I was even able to recover his power?

sometimes people spawn as the wrong phantom, it happens to me most in the forest but that is anecdotal evidence.
happens to sighns too I think

I don't understand the poise shit, I play Bloodbornes and that game has no poise nor heavy armor, yet STR weapons kick fucking ass (the axe, the pizza cutter, holy sword, sword hammer, beast claw…).

Is it just shittier or what?

Poise matters in a slow game like dark souls because all the heavy weapons are actually heavy and take a long time to actually swing, which is miliseconds, but even still that's a lot of time in a fight. The slowest weapon I think is the wheel, and it plays the most like a dark souls club, and even then it's a little fast. Same with the amygdalan arm. In DaS there needs to be a reason to wear heavier armor, and pose and high def were the two main reasons. In DaS3 armor matters so little that it barely increases defense to the point of giving one extra hit and poise scales down the more of it you have, meaning poise is no longer additive, it is a percentage of the maximum that you are allowed to have, and then it only works for while you're attacking, meaning if you are waiting for an attack you are forced to roll and play defensively against quickfags, who are no longer scared of an UGS because it's too easy to just poke out of an animation or roll through it.

Because the guy was hacking. Use pvpwatchdog.

Well, DaS3 isn't a fucking slow game, unlike DaS1.

I actually did instal pvpwatchdog few days ago. But it didn't occur to me that it would be because of hacking

Hackers can change their phantom glow color at will.

but why would a hacker help me, instead of trying to ruin my fun? just because?

Pretty much. He was invade-cooping, which is kind of cool.

God I love how fucking autistic you are that you can't accept anons pointing out how shit DaS3 is. You've actually gone to >(100) before in defense of your favorite developer. Will you ever accept DaS3 is the worst game in the series?

Dark Souls 1 has an objective best build and playstyle that cannot be countered. If you are not estoc turtling and only using backstabs and shieldpokes you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Yes, even the mighty SLB falchion loses to this.

this is just cringe. did you mean for it to be impressive? because if so, you're as bad as the autist who invested the time to do it.

SLB falchion isn't that powerful.

the problem with 3 is it controls slow but it still moves fast like bloodborne so you are forced to make a speed based character

your rite i should of said giantdad

That's a good way to get blown the fuck out with PW+GC spam. Black Iron Greatshield is the way to go for that shit.

yeah wow it's not like he hardswaps during the video or anything

I don't get it.

pastebin.com/Viu2jukA

Lightning/Magic aren't a problem, though. You'll win any trade vs an elemental weapon, and spells are far too slow to ever be a threat. 45 Dex fast Great Combustions/Black Flames are the only thing that can reasonably get you. I've got a 9/10+ win rate (probably closer to 97%) over hundreds of invasions, and out of my handful of deaths, all were from lagstabs.

I guess if you're fighting truly top-tier players you'd need to tune your shield to your opponent, but there aren't any of those on PC, that's for sure.

Try using a black knight weapon against the demons, they take extra damage from them. Also, don't summon anyone for help, since it bloats the demons' health up to ridiculous levels. Try and keep some distance between the two and if they're too close to eachother run away until one follows you.
The final boss of the Ringed City is the one good thing about it if you ask me, but even then he's nowhere near as difficult as he looks. Using a weapon with a quickstep weapon art in particular makes him a joke. He's good and definitely one of the better bosses in the game, but the TRC isn't worth it for him alone.

Both DLCs for DaS3 were utter shit to be honest, I don't know how they managed to go from The Old Hunters to that garbage.

Summoning in Patches actually makes the fight a joke, since you'll only need to manage one dragon at a time, and phase 2 is easy.
Oh you don't even need that. Bring a semi-fast weapon (recommend MBA for strength builds), phase 1 just punish him at the end of each combo and watch for his leap-stab since it has a retarded hitbox. Phase 2 bust out your Crest Shield since his cape deals Dark damage, and you can roll the swing > block the cape > punish, over and over until he's dead.

I agree that the bosses were disappointing, but I did like most of the regular enemies added in both DLCs.

`>>12927102
SLB/MLGS/DMB/CMW/Dark bead

That's for damn sure.

What is the pvp scene for the PC? How many cheaters are there?

Honestly, I just out-trade them every time if they even manage to land a hit.
Staggered since PC MLGS shitters never have poise.
Roll BS.

I wish I had come to the series back when it was first released on consoles, instead of a few months after it came out on PC. I'd love to have had the chance to test myself against people who weren't exclusively shitters/quitters/cheaters.

If you're invading, maybe 10% are cheating, probably less, but there's a lot who will alt+f4 either the moment you invade, or as soon as you start to pressure them. If you're getting invaded, about half get flagged by pvpwatchdog and are promptly F1'd out. As for the average player's skill, they're terrible and if you're remotely competent you won't have any problem winning.

If you're big into PVP, 3 is where it's at as far as PC is concerned.

Most people who invade are shitters who lagstab or straight up hackers. Or they're faggots who soul level 1 through the game and then build a character to do low level PVP with endgame gear.

Well I've killed 650s before on PS3, and 360 so I think I'll be okay. I always kill the four kings as soon as possible so I can get the red eye orb. What is a good strategy if you don't have high stats for black knight weapons, and don't have havel's armor yet?

Good strategy is to Git poise

Thanks for the advise Kaathe. Somehow I think that will not help me much.

You can just scroll up to understand why that's such a bad idea.

You cannot trade and win vs shieldpoke but whether or not you can set up a trade depends on skill level and weapon you're using and weapon they're using so there's too many factors for me to just say 'yes you're right' or 'no you're wrong'
Your solution to this not something you are able to do, it is relying on the other player being an idiot, which always works when fighting idiots, but so does everything else.
Again, requires them being an idiot.
yeah same tbh. fog ring bullshit and retarded OP elemental weapons sound like a total blast and i mean that sincerely, but i'm also the kind of assface that abused cmw mlgs when it was available in 2 as well as climax and grs prior to nerf and fffffffucking flame swath

Grab the stone set (high magic resist+poise), grass crest shield, and any +5 chaos weapon.

Twinking in 1 is fun, although I feel you have a responsibility to play at least semi-fair, which means not hiding behind monsters, and not healing with humanity. I always try to give the host a memorable fight, since it's not entertaining for either of us if I just immediately shit on them or act like a butthurt faggot just there to fuck up their game.

Twinking in 3 is a cancerous affair all around. Mostly hosts using scaled password phantoms, and on the Invader side, almost nothing but legions of 27 vig/+3 Ring of Favor(or Blessed Ring, or +3 Chloranthy)/Prisoner's Chain/7 +10 Flasks/Blessed Caestus/+2 Raw Longsword shittery.

All of that shit sounds far more exciting than the current state, tbh. I actually had fun with 2 at release since PVP was such a wild-west affair with all of that build variety.

I remember my first twink. I landed 8 backstabs on him (often interrupting his use of humanity) and fought through almost every enemy in the area before he landed a single r1 with his chaos+5 uchi and killed me in one hit.

I probably will not have that at the beginning. Will a plus 5 fire do? Also was the glitch where what's his name doesn't drop the key to the door in new londo on PC fixed, or is it still present?

Guess Demon's Souls discussion is welcome here? I've played every "Souls" game after DaS and only now I got my hands on DeS.

It's really good, I think the clearest difference is that a lot of bosses seem to be very difficult obstacles and it can take a lot of time to get to them compared to other Souls games. I've beaten Tower Knight and then started going for Latria, it could be a horror game since it's so fucking scary. I just tried Maneaters for the first time and the rumors seem to be true, I got one of them to halfhealth and then fell down on my own. It seemed like a pretty difficult boss when the second one appears, nothing compared to later gargoyle battles since there's so much more space around and they don't have homing attacks to boot like Maneater.

Drop your blue summon sign in Latria where nobody will see it, and wait. You have to be in soul form to do it.

Fixed on PC, yeah.
You'll probably die a lot since the fight is purely a DPS race and low DPS means you need the kings to cooperate with you to actually win. Just pop down through Quelaag's domain real quick to get the chaos ember on a suicide run. Kelloggs can be stunlocked with any bow and ceaseless has an instant kill.

Or just do embed related and instant kill Ceaseless.

also brings up a good point, stone set and grass crest as well as a +5 chaos or +10 fire weapon is really strong early on, and it only requires you to go down into the catacombs + get to fair lady to kill ceaseless so you can get the ember in the lava

Most of the fights are faggots using some heavily upgraded shit to demolish me and my host in two hits in the undead burg. It's really not fun to have happen.

If it does happen then you can always backup your save

Hmm? Why hide it?

You'll see.

Alright.

You'll see. Sometimes it takes a while.

You keep getting dubs mate.

Themed twinks were a lot of fun. I remember having a spooky reaper character and would chase people around in Lower Undeadburg and Depths so they didn't stand around and wait for summons to cheese the fights.

What's happening here exactly? I realize he is tricking the game into not loading the next area, but exactly how doe she skip the fight when it triggers?

Absolutely disgusting.
Gooks are the absolutely worst encounters in Dark Souls they would always have the cheesiest playstyle and cheesiest "builds".
Even worse are the fags who had anime names/Japanese versions of the game, they were the very epitome of cancer.

Also, Crystal Shield blocks ALL status effects as long as you are blocking with it. Domhall appears right before Blighttown allowing you to buy said shield for 4k souls. You could effectively go through Blighttown on your first go without ever getting Poisoned or Toxiced.
These attention to detail is what made Dark Souls so great.

its not as bad as the others say, almost no-one tumblebuffs of moveset swaps, only a few people cheat (like maybe 1 in 15 and most of the cheaters have chink letters for names) and going for backstabs gets them killed by me pretty quick so its not a big deal

are you sure you dont mean the artorias shield?

What the fuck is wrong with her mouth?

Oh yeah I think Crystal is just poison, still its pretty neat. It would certainly help a new player alot to not have to worry about being poisoned.

Sounds like every single invader in High Wall, tbh. At least it was memorable :^).

There's no sport in that, I don't do that shit.

That right there is what I'm talking about. I love creative invaders.

Have you met the Towel headed man yet?

I haven't. I wish more made fun thematic builds, or took the effort to make bizarre characters with the surprisingly good character editor in 3, like the user that posted this.

You will.

Yeah Patches is definitely the more helpful of the two NPCs you can summon for the demons, in my experience though he just kept dying in the second phase and leaving me to deal with the Prince's overinflated health.
Yeah that's similar to what I did, only in his second phase I got the Thrall Axe out and quickstepped instead of blocking. I always had a Mace +10, Partizan +10, and Thrall Axe +10 equipped by the end of the game, but I always ended up using the latter against faster bosses since its quickstep and R1 speed are so handy.
That's fair. I did appreciate how complex the movesets of the Ringed Knights and the fat machete guys were. I liked the angels from a purely visuo-audial standpoint too, though I'm just fond of angelic-looking enemies in vidya (Bayo 1&2 and the Order enemies in DMC4 have some of my favourite enemy designs).

On another note, Champion Gundyr is a really fun boss that I don't see mentioned very much. I always like it when games let you go back to harder, souped up versions of their introductory levels in the game's later stages (Nioh's another recent example of that and I loved it there too).

You don't control slow in DaS3 though, I wonder how that fucking works.

I will accept DaS3 as the worst game in the series when it's the worst game in the series.

It's not.

But Dark Souls 3 bosses are far better than the ones in DaS1.

The DLC offer much more contents as well, I don't think people are remembering how short AotA is, I mean, 4 fucking bosses, and some super duper easy (guardian, Artorias)?

Goddamn, cutting kalameet tail might be the biggest challenge so far I have with Dark Souls, even above the titanite demon in the catacombs.

Not sure what you were getting at with that terrible video, but Falchion R1 spam was never good. Only those who didn't know how to block -> roll away or parry lost to it. Dead-angling can actually be pretty predictable if you've fought enough of them and parrying was the most consistent in 1.

I wish I had the imagination to make builds like that. I either use my favorite fun weapons like the OWCS or just end up making cosplays of enemies and NPCs. It's funny and terrifying how a lot of the helmets in the game will warp to match your head.

Kalameet's tail being hard to cut is just a meme and you know it. But what else did I expect from a 'DaS3 is best' fag

I know of all 3 techniques by now, still the hardest thing I have ever done in DaS, so far.

recently I made a really nice looking low level build with that consisted of the armored boar headpiece, baldur gloves/boots, and used the butcher knife paired with either claws, or the notched whip. It looked intimidating as fuck.

Tumblebuffing is pretty fun, but you've got it all wrong. You're thinking way too small with your builds and that makes them incredibly pathetic. Everyone with true ideals knows that the only proper way to use this is to buff shields.
Or I guess you can buff that tin catalyst, too.

Aren't you using the BKS? It hits pretty hard, so the only thing I could see getting in the way is its short length or you just need to get better at Kala's tells.

Never thought of making an intimidating character. Sounds like a fun idea. I usually just make knights with some armor people don't normally use. For some reason, I think my favorite in 1 was the Crystalline Helmet, gloves, and leggings with the Black Leather Armor. Then either a combination of the SKSS in the right and Estoc in the left, or Estoc in the right and Mail Breaker in the left hand, depending on my mood. I would use a parrying dagger, but I can parry fine without the extra frames and that would immediately tip the other guy off.
I'm pretty sure it looked absolutely terrible, but it had the elements of an outlandish rogue knight, I guess. Otherwise I just cosplay as the various knights in the game, with Silver Knight being my favorite, or Shiva/bodyguard. I was surprised to learn that the bodyguard has a Pyromancy Flame with Fire Surge.

I'm alternating between the BKS and the demon's great machete (best STR ultra greatsword), I bait it pretty hard but it's pure fucking luck that it does those 3 attacks.

Wrong boyo. long spears beat rapiers, also using a great shield is dumb as you let your opponent know that you are unskilled and cannot parry, ever.

If someone does turtling you can poise sprint through their stab and backstab them 100% of the time before they can roll away. This guy just played shit players.

Ah yes, the primary strategy of DS1's STR build.

Sure you're doing it right? The lunge+tail follow-up occurs often enough if you're directly in front then directly behind him. He has a tendency to do the other two attacks when you're hugging his dick, or even just his chest if you're afraid of the stomps. After that, you just need to not be afraid and head straight for the tail. I'd record it myself to show you, but I'm on vacation and my computer's back at home.

Hell, either poise sprint or have a fast roll. As much as I liked that first guy's cosplay, all he had to do was roll behind the guy and it would've been over. Who knows, maybe a lot of players beat the shit out of him when turtling and he just cut them out of the recording.
I only like greatshields if someone's going for that 'heavy knight' look, and the ones who are good know when to use that bash for shits and giggles. Otherwise, they're trash.

I try to make my invaders look scary with spikes, curved blades, and mostly without clothes. It's why I like using the baldur boots.

Plenty of youtube vids for that, no need.

The lunge+tail is the easiest to bait, but sometimes I get too close and he just does a tail swipe instead of tail bump.

With sprinting you can do the "pivot backstab" which is a bit better than a fast roll with the downside you get poked.

Or just hitting people when they make mistakes. There are some movesets on str weapons that make them worth the weight claymores and great club (not the very big one the sorta big one) are both insane if you're good with them. Claymore being one of the duelists favourites.

Claymore is quality, not STR.

Why the great club is favored is because of the running/rolling R2 where they stab the ground with the club, shit hits hard and fast.

Otherwise, it's all about that backstab.

And then you get raped by a halberd user.

Uh yeah, there's a reason STR builds are viable but not popular in all the games.

Unless it's fast game like DeS, BB and DaS3.

Interdasting. Well it was nice talking to you but I don't have time to waste on …. whatever you are.

Quite funny that the games without poise play the best in the series, no?

Nigger you've got to be joking.

Is there anyone who seriously argue that these 3 don't have the best gameplay?

Me.

I fucking KNEW IT. Get the hell outta here.

Seriously argue then.

Poise is fucking useless though.

DeS is broken, Bloodborne removed most of the variety in playstyles and DaS3 removed a feature that kept heavy armor and subsequently heavy weapons usable and replaced it with a feature that does none of that yet claims to be the same thing.
Only in the games DeS, Bloodborne and DaS3.

DaS is more broken.
It has the best variety in weapons though.
But said feature keeps heavy armor and heavy weapons more usable than with poise.
No, in games that have it i.e. DaS.

Seriously, DaS's poise don't make STR weapons usable, far from it, as proven by the low variety of DaS1 meta in STR weapons.

Rate my build.
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/540529

You're not even experienced in all the games. Don't go around spouting your nonsense when you complain about dragon tails and Titanite Demons in the same thread. Strength builds were plenty popular in DaS1 and could dish out serious damage. All it took was a bit of foresight and you could have the opponent on lockdown. Fast rolls don't mean shit if the opponent catches you at the end of it. I've made and fought against plenty of STR builds to know enough. "DEX builds are the best" was just another meme you fell for. More numerous, sure, but not strong enough to make STR useless.

Again, you still don't know shit. Poise was great because it allowed you to make proper trades and take hits from a damn dagger without stumbling like an epileptic. Anyone could use poise and it didn't matter what weapon you used. You could be the tankiest fucker in the world and still use a DMB Broken Straight Sword Hilt. Poise also made it so you didn't get forced into a combo from the first hit, making the PvP far less predictable. It allowed you and your opponent to adapt. It actually made it so the armor you chose mattered. Having to take weight, armor, poise, and fashion all into consideration made the game more fun. In 3 your armor is worthless and "poise" does jack shit. From doesn't want to admit this though, so they shoved the Stomp and Perseverance weapon arts in the game to cover their asses. The only reason poise could come back to bite you in the ass is if you just stood there like an idiot for certain attacks like Kalameet's straight line of flame.

BB's one of my favorites because of the interesting weapons and Lovecraft setting, not just because it's 'fast.' It really should be in its own category and not lumped with the other games, but I digress. Even with the fun weapons though, build variety was weakened. The same with the armor, which had you focus on looks instead. This was an actual trade though for the best weapons and movesets in the series and I'll gladly accept it.
DeS had some seriously exploitable PvP, especially with the Scraping Spear and moss. Bosses are either extremely memorable or just plain forgettable. Rolling was limited and animations were often awkward.

I know you're hellbent on saying this game is the best, It isn't, which is fine and dandy until you start shitting on the other games for reasons you know nothing about. It can't even stand on its own two legs without stealing shit from DaS1, DeS, and BB. The PvP is a fucking mess of nerfs and buffs all around, with a completely broken covenant (Watchdogs) and a covenant you'd be fucking retarded to not join at some point (Rosaria) due to the insane features it has. All the PvP is predictable because From was too retarded this time to realize you need a variety of comparable weapons, not one weapon that's better than everything else in its class. This makes 'fun' builds enjoyable to make but a pain in the ass to play. They should've stuck PvP to the side and focus on the world itself like the previous games. Even DaS2 had better PvP and build variety.

Same shit with you. Have you even played the game? DeS was great, but it was also unpolished, unfinished, and broken in so many areas. Next you'll tell me the first King's Field played the best in its series It didn't

I need to take a break from these threads.

Naked Sorcerers are known for their almighty power, but your particular weakness is anyone who knows how to roll. You could at least try to fool people with Aural Decoy before switching to Dark Bead or slap someone with the Tin Banishment Catalyst

10/Fuck you

I'm going to prove you so wrong, it isn't funny.
When did I complain about them? I said they were the hardest parts of the game, and they were.
You can dish out serious damage with STR builds, true, but the slow ass movement and the slow ass weapons mean STR users have to resort to specific strategy i.e. poise backstabs to seriously beat DEX-ters.
Absolutely fucking wrong. While the whole "you can't tank in DaS3" is actually a really fucking meme.
This is true in DaS3, not in DaS1.
Again, poise is fucking useless, you are gonna take five swipes from a handaxe and your poise is ruined.
Only the heaviest ass motherfucker can effectively use poise, poise means nothing with light armor.
Far predictable? Nigger they just choose the heaviest set and go with it, this is why STR builds almost go with Havel or Giant set, DaS3 is actually a shit load more varied in fashion.
Evidently wrong, you get more hyper armor/poise with heavy armor in DaS3.
In DaS1, you get hit by handaxe, mace or any kind of fast blunt weapons and your poise is destroyed, stop acting like it's some kind of useful feature.
It's good because it's fast and aggressive with a variety of moveset, BB would be shit if it's forced to play like DaS1.
It was a more tight and consistent than DaS1, which is a rushjob by DeS standard.
But that's precisely the strength of DaS3, you get weapon arts, you get different movesets that increase the variety of weapons, this is why STR builds actually have a metagame of more than demon's greataxe and large club/great club.
DaS2 has more variety than any other Souls game, but it's not its strong point considering its varieties do not translate well to gameplay. And to this date, DaS3 still has the most popular and balanced PVP where STR builds can compete nearly equally with DEX builds.

That's why Demon's Souls had the Moonlight Greatsword, Blind, Shotel and Bramd. Just use the Shotel if you're not a STRfag and smash the shit out of it with the Dragon Tooth if you are.
Speaking of which, were penetrating weapons really that overpowered? Because they went from making a point of including a variety of them to including only a gimped version of the weakest one.

shit nigga you right as fuck
slb lightning bonewheel here i come

As opposed to DaS1, where gank squads are about as numerous?

Also, I just cut kalameet's tail.

And beat him in 3 tries with the demon machete + power within, godddamn nigger's hardest path really is the tail.

Thrust weapons have the leo ring that specifically buff their counter attack damages.

This coupled with thrust weapons that scale with DEX means some serious shit.

Do you know how much time it takes to swing the handaxe-2h? It takes so much time that your giant hammer of bitch-fucking will have hit them by the third swipe at worst. The problem is that you cannot even start your attack if you have no poise with which to resist the first and second swipe, which is why the faux-hyper armor sucks ass and poise, as it is meant to be, actually permits slow weapons to function.
This is a good thing, the entire point of poise is so that heavy armor and heavy weapons have a purpose. A faggot ninja twink shouldn't be able to have it all(speed, iframes, poise, defenses, resistances.)
Because armor doesn't meant anything anymore. Its only value is cosmetic now. You say everyone goes with havel or giants but I've seen plenty of people in DaS1 using other armor with poise, such as Dark, Artorias, Thorn, Elite Knight, and Brass. There's more than just meme sets.
You're either willfully ignorant or seriously denying the usefulness of poise in DaS1. Webm related.
Why are you so against poise? Why do you say it's useless when it is in fact very useful, except in the game that goes out of its way to make poise utter garbage?

Why swing that shit 2h, the strength of the handaxe is the fast ass 1h attack, you can spam that shit all days.
Dark Souls 3 proves you can do it fine, due to hyper armor. Or heck, fucking Bloodbornes and Demon Souls before it.
But heavy ass armor also plays a role in DaS3, it buffs poise health. Two hyper armor vs each other, same weapon, the one with heavier armor is gonna win.
Objective wrong, as seen in the video I quoted sometimes ago.
Not for STR builds no. In fact, most of these sets are made so you can fast roll with a quality weapon.
Yeah, it's gonna tank you hit against the worst, weakest enemies, creating a bad habit for every players.

And no, I don't hate poise.

I just don't think it's an essential feature and Souls games have moved on without it.

Because its 1h swing is shit and you need to 2h it for the good swing.
Hyper armor is shit because it only applies for a very short duration and takes fewer hits while requiring a much larger investment.
DaS3 "Poise" isn't worth it because it doesn't do enough work for the investment one must make.
That video by Trusty Skeleton only talks about "poise" which is again functionally useless as it takes 30 seconds without being damaged to recover which is an impossible criterion to fill against fast weapons.
Yes for STR builds, I've done it, I've seen many people do it. Not everyone uses havel's although it is very good for the purpose. I see just as many people clownsuiting the same light armor shit over and over in 1 and 3 too.
How can you be so ignorant?

I think poise, the feature Dark Souls has, is an essential feature for following Dark Souls games. Demon's Souls and Bloodborne not possessing it is a different matter altogether and I would be inclined to agree with you, but not when Dark Souls is concerned.

No, that's a baby mistake, the 2h swing of the handaxe is nothing, in fact, it is the weakest part of it since its speed is like a normal 1h axe. The handaxe strength lies in the fast 1h and off hand attack that can quickly eat up pose.
Larger investment? Just wear a heavy armor and use a poise buff tech to get it in use, there are reasons why STR builds are much more common now that they buffed hyper armor.
The whole idea behind hyper armor is that you are not staggered by enemy's fast attack and can complete your move, that's it. That alone is a huge advantage for STR user.
I see that elite knight is somewhat common but I haven't seen the others so I cannot agree with you.
Again, you are not making yourself look good here, using the fucking Havel, the highest poise armor in the game to tank hit against fucking hollows.
Evidently, Dark Souls 3 proves it's fine without it. Now it's just poise fags who are musing over it this shit when even STR fags like me way prefer the way DeS, BB and DaS3 play.

I disagree. They had true hyperamor where you could not be interrupted ever and a stunlock prevention system that would make sure you got to act after a combo from one guy no matter what. It might not have had poise but the rules of stunlocking and slow weapons were different enough it functionally had it.

Also, stop responding to the faggot that shits up every single thread. If you ignore him, he goes away.

I say it's different because Poise and Hyper Armor are two different, but similar, things in the context of Souls games, so I figured it be fair to treat them separately.

The role of hyper armor in DeS is extraordinarily similar to the role of poise in the good Souls games. You can use a halberd's 2hr2 to break out of getting tardflailed to death by a pair of dredglings.

Fuck Shrine of Storms. I don't think there's been a more annoying level in Souls games. Valley of Defilement comes close with the dark swamp and no indicator on your poison level. I'm honestly a bit torn on this game, enjoynment levels are not adequate.

That was fun, I knew exactly what happened when it did since I've heard about it before. Didn't win, had some soul arrow user against me.

We have a live one. I was wondering why the thread was past 300 posts.

Allow me to post this rare webm of Artorias of the Abyss.

Did that slav just jump into a pit of tar? Do you think that the reason the tarpits are full of bones is because all the dinosaurs were slavs?

It's worse than tar.

Septic sludge?

Some kind of bitumen emulsion thingie.

Apparently, Dark Souls 3 is not fine without poise, despite thousands of people playing it.

Hyper armor in DaS3 does that with the combination of heavier armor and poise buff.
So like DaS3 then?