Need For Speed

Why do some people uphold Underground as the best NFS instead of Most Wanted?

As a secondary discussion, why did they failed so many times to make a good next installment when they had already got the formula right?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Most_Wanted#Disable_AI_catch-up_.28rubber_band_effect.29
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Hot_Pursuit_2
nfs.wikia.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Hot_Pursuit_2/Differences
searx.me/?q=Carbon PS2 download&categories=general
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is my favorite, it hits that sweet middle spot of old and new

NFS MW (2005) was dope as fuck
but my favorite NFS is NFS2:SE because its the first game i ever played and therefore has that special place in my heart

NFSU2 had different handling that I kinda like over the MW one
Other than that I agree MW is more fun

I'd say it has to do with criterion making most of the newer ones and blackbox being absolutely fucking unable to not change absolutely everything in every new game they put out for some fucking reason instead of actually trying to keep the neat parts..

Can anyone actually explain why the PC version is considered worse than the console version.
I might actually get around to playing the console version if there's enough difference to justify it.

Best
Underground
Most Wanted
Carbon.
Hot Pursuit 2.

Meh, they weren't terrible tier: Rivals, Undercover , New Most Wanted

Worst.
Pro Street
The Run, Jesus Christ. Who thought NFS with QTES was a good thing.
Shift ( aka the one that everyone forgot about)

Underground and by extention, Carbon managed to introduce more customization into the world - -which by all means was not a bad thing.

Personally, the series died after Carbon.
Undercover was kind of fun, while the NuMost Wanted was absolutely schizophrenic.

Jesus fucking christ , they didn't even fucking try to world build.
And then COP TORNADO. Jesus Christ, I don't even want to touch the new one.

There's rubber banding? I never knew.>>12887140

Use the trainer and make a fully tuned up car, and challenge the first few blacklist people they have fixed part sets iirc, regular races just have cars match your part setup straight up so they're just always equal to you more or less.

Even the 2015 game had it.

To this day, I still get a giggle out of these.

G A M E S - A R E - A R T

Need For Speed is notorious for Rubberbanding and the computer flat out cheating. I personally never minded because I just felt it as pressure to get better at the game.

Undercover has the least rubberbanding I've seen in an NFS game. You can actually completely and utterly decimate the computer if you properly balance accelration and top speed, also knowing how to turn without losing too much speed.

Wherease, Underground 2's rubberbannding was goddamn
tight that the moment you made a turn that was 3 degrees from perfect, the entire race was riding up your anus.

Carbon's Rubberbanding was the silliest.

is there an imgboard where you must have been born before 1990 to be allowed to post?

Sprint races are fine. Cops that you have to bumperblock on straight sections are not. The issue with PU is that the races are too long for the AI being so shitty.

Apparently, they didn't learn the lesson because that's what Payback (The new one) is turning out to be. And, if anything, it's a little bit insulting that everything shown in Payback was done much better a little less than a decade ago in Wheelman.

If you were playing nuMost Wanted for a story, you already failed. Even when the game was first announced, Criterion and EA came out and said that the point of the game was to be the "Most wanted driver" in your circle of friends (A.K.A. It's a multiplayer title). So, from the get-go, it was already known that the only similarities between the the 2005 game and the 2012 game was the name and the goal of the game being the "Most wanted driver".

And, here's the E3 gameplay they showed of Payback.

Posting superior game to all of your shit.
Underground 1, 2 and mostwanted are top three nfs games, there's no point in debating which is the best of them, but after them it was only downfall

I wish to be in some alternative reality where Electronic Arts are fascists instead.

If this game had a Drive-esque ’80s synth soundtrack it’d be even better.

Fuck off back to reddit

Sometimes early 2000's and late 90's are better than 80's.

No you.

You first wanker

The funny thing is that you can see that the first Underground seemed to have a heavy influence from the first The Fast and the Furious film (You know, back when it was about racing).

MY NIGGA
It was great on PC, plus the tuning options.

Yes, especially unlocking the Hollywood-mission.

Fun game, trying to beat lap-times with friends on the high-score list or playing split-screen against each other, with traffic on or not, dodging the big cars and tackling the smaller cars so that they would hit your opponents. Fun as hell.

The PS2 version, at least.

The first two Burnout games were inspired by Konami's Thrill Drive

It still looks amazing

For me going from NFSU2 to MW felt kinda like a downgrade in some ways. It was nice having the cops back but I hated what they did with the customization, didn't like the reward card system, hated the daytime visuals & I preferred the comic book style of NFSU2 rather than FMV

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Most_Wanted#Disable_AI_catch-up_.28rubber_band_effect.29 That did work when I played it a while back, not shure if the other PC ports have something similar.

Well just look at the page, pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Hot_Pursuit_2 . It's a extremely bare bones port. Also nfs.wikia.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Hot_Pursuit_2/Differences .

NFS III was the pinnacle of the Need for Speed series and everything else has been downhill since. This is an objective fact.

I didn't get into racing games until I went through my Ricer phase in Highschool.

Cool story time.

And that's why I play racing and driving simulators.

user you might be retarded

I just want a new F-Zero.

Where can I emulate a working copy of Carbon? Emuparadise doesn't have one.

Watch out for the flying death lazer spoon. Polite sage for spoon feeding. From the share thread;
PC - DJ repack: Collectors Edition - e-d9f-8754c-3935ea-0b5e5-07811b1f-bde502-d08-9-81, regualr ed9f-8754c-393-5ea-0b5-e5-07811-b1f-b-de-502d08-9-81
Also for the PS2 version; searx.me/?q=Carbon PS2 download&categories=general
The eighth or so link says otherwise.

But Pro Street was good though, its one of my favourites

All the hate pro street got was because it didn't followed carbon storyline and didn't had cops, it had flaws like the tires warm up minigame but i consider it better than undercover by far, and is one of my favourites.

UG1 didn't have damage outside of loss of license plates/loss of mirrors/broken windows though

Seconding this, I liked the different direction they tried taking. The only downside was that it had shit customisation, you could only get a bodykit instead of changing single parts like in the other ones, that sucked.

with that i meant that you had to be carefull on a race, mostly because in UG you were rewarded by completing a race without crashing, and from what i remember if you crashed you got fucked and had to restart

Well to be fair customization died in most wanted, and carbon and this game tried to add some customization back into the game, the autosculpt widebody and free positioning vinyls were huge improvements

Saw this and I remembered something.

Who is more realistic?

ProStreet. You wouldn't be asking this question if you ever drove a car IRL though, you'd know by that point that it's very fucking hard to drive those fast. Understeer, bad power delivery, et cetera.

I only drove 1.0 FWD shitboxes.

This.

Daily reminder that Trackmania is the king of arcade racing. you even go faster when you drift

I guess it's because of nostalgia for the import tuner cars subculture and the first Fast and the Furous movies that eventually made UG and UG2 a reality. I don't think both games should be directly compared, both of them brought nice ideas on their own and I personally enjoyed both games.

Dropped the series after the new MW after noticing that Criterion was not really adding anything of value to the game, and how EA was starting to milk the franchise much like the rest of their IPs.
I guess some people did so since Undercover, which is a shame; I think it was fairly decent and the soundtrack was criminally underrated.

Only thing I disliked from Carbon was how the map was really not suitable for high speed driving and how every other teammate class other than the fixers was completely useless.

I had the impression that this trend of naming new games after the old ones was to memory hole the latter.

If you nerds think the good need for speeds have bad rubberbanding try the arcade version of underground 1, you haven't stared at the devil's ass like I have.

The licensed menu tracks are great
The licensed race tracks really aren't most of it is so meh I had to relisten to it right now to even remember it was in the game
The non licensed and game exclusive tracks are pretty good though.

NFS 2 - Porsche Unleashed best soundtrack.

Speaking of soundtracks
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:lspbv6a7p5qggtyonadd2ir4cechfa23&dn=Need%20For%20Speed%20Soundtrack%20Collection&xl=4562257629&fc=726

Fuck you, prostreet is great. Great verity of game modes, good driving physics, great customization and so much more. Only thing I can really complain about is how lame the Kings are and no vinyl preview make it a bit more of a hassle then it should be.

Also if you know how to set up a car right you can break the game, it's glorious

The customization was great in Prostreet, not the best ever but still solid. I still miss the Autosculpt feature from that era.

The only good thing about this game will be the fact it will have an offline mode meaning it will get cracked unlike 2015

Where my Midnight Club niggaz at?

I honestly enjoyed this game way more than any nfs because it was a real challenge and it knew how to keep the game interesting and fast paced with the powers and the splitstream, if you were average at driving the Atlanta level would fuck your shit up

Rubberbanding A.I. is not a challenge.

Imo it's one of the best ones in the serie.

Yeah I'm not saying autosculpt was bad but damn I'm not saying I wanted custom lights and whatnot but they should've let you change the fucking bumpers and sideskirts at least.

REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER REAL BIG NIGGER

bump

Most Wanted (what is this 2015 one of which you speak of?) is completely different on both the PS2/PC and PSP. The PS2 has more atmosphere and a nice open world but doesn't allow for mission reply (aka gaining money and mashing Sony) and doesn't allow you play as a cop.
Playing via twin sticks is personally so much more natural vs a d-pad and aborted numb of a stick. The PSP version is great in short bursts which I guess is the entire point.

This. Rubber banding is such bullshit, why bother having a cash system at all and upgrade system if the AI can just magically gain speed/apprent upgrades without bare bones attempt at explaining it. Wining and lossing based entirely on skill/upgrades is much more fair.