EDF! EDF!

Earth Defense Force General I guess

Just got the game today after so many recommendations and holy fucking shit, I'm in love.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yQI-h-0_yc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wanted it to be good so much, but it's just isn't. I'm not looking forward EDF. If it turns out to be anything better - that would be a pleasant surprise.

it gets play on the hardest difficulty

Fencer bros forever

sorry to hear about your shit taste.

I did. I got some red mech with fuckhuge shoulder canons which removed whatever difficulty game had previously.
It only made it even more boring.
When the most fun you have in action game is clearing out buildings - there is something wrong with it.

you're a BAKA

The only remotely fun were underground missions, except when there is one spider left and you get to run all over the place in the darkness to find it, which nullified whatever redeeming factor those missions could be.

Ranger
Slug EA
Heavens Army
Ranger being viable as more than a support preferably with npc calldowns.

I hope they make NPCs more helpful in general in 5.

So when are we going to get a group together and play this? I'm tired of lobbies full of random chinks

whenever you organize a gamenight for it

Air Raper
Anything that blows up really good
Giant Ship is pretty fun
Bigger things to blow up bugs with

Fencer
Any level appropriate light mortar
There's so many that I don't remember the names
Gameplay that doesn't presuppose japanese grinding I'm on hard with only the health I grab throughout missions, that is about 2000, I'm stuck on the final mission in 2025 and shivering nexus in the dlc. The gameplay just seems to demand a grinded ammount of health with gold ants being able to ohko if they are close enough. Especially since within levels I will leave one alive and dash cancel my way to all the bits

I'd like to play it with some other people, but whenever I tried it ended up with missions clearing in 5 seconds and auto box-pickup.

Ranger
Shotties
I don't know I haven't finished all of them, I should get back to it
Better NPCs and better NPC management. Having to shoot commanders to get some followers is kinda weird.

I still have fond memories of creating the generals and keeping them alive back at release, popping up a VDF every once in a while. Boy I wish my PC hadn't broke

Wing Diver
Probably the last tier laser lance
This one's a bit hard, I really like that one where you spawn on the far back and there are millions of bees and at least 6 giant bees
Either reduce the grind or give me auto pick up by default because roaming the map for boxes gets old really fast.

What is this madness?

Gatsu?

Where are the giant incest?

Where can I get the fucking auto picker?
I've looking for it for months and I'm a shitter at hexediting Cheatengine.

Cut that out. They're NOT supposed to get close.

What about green ants

Just like, kill them before they kill you.

Air Raider
LAUNCH THE BALLISTIC MISSILE
Any of the last 10, brute force, crimson, first mission in the valley with the drop ships since i managed to curve a missile to go into the hatch and win the day
increased mobility, fencer melee, helicopter controls

I really wish the fencer had more choices for mobility than the javelin catapult. It's actually really cool accidentally finding ways to drastically bump up its rate of fire like using the flashing spear, but it doesn't actually do anything because javelins do shit damage.

Fire is your friend.

This looks fucking great

fast mechs
drill mechs
combining mechs
mechs with beam swords
just make the air rider OP as fuck

Refer to

You'll be able to manually select bombing areas. That's pretty good.

I never knew I wanted this until this very moment

How does someone like this exist?

Wing Diver
Lance. I love getting up close and personal.
The last fifteen in 4.1
Missions where we attack the Ravagers on the Moon, and maybe some missions out at sea where we fight giant sea monsters.

Also, I would love a multiplayer mode where we get to play as the giant insects and aliens.

Pitched battles like in operation brute force, I mean lines of some of the EDF's most xbox hueg tanks desperately trying to shoot everything before it gets too close. That's the shit right there

Ye

How do I auto pickup nigs?

I lost the script, PC's broke remember? It was floating around in the CE forums

Either Ranger or Air Raper
Prominence Missiles series, nothing felt better than leveling a Skyscraper / Hector / Deroy / with a Fuckhueg Missile Launcher of course i'm gonna need an Air Buddy to mark the targets
E551 Gigantus since it's a fucking Abrams MBT on crack
Too many to fucking count, i'll just say that if the mission contains tons of Hectors then it's a favorite for me
Make the box-picking less tedious, add gestures that you could do like in the interview trailers, you know little shit that makes it neat that you could do to fuck around with you buddies more

Also postan music from the last thread

Goddamn, I keep lurking that shithole and I can't find a thing.
Thanks though, I'll focus my efforts there.
Good luck fixing your rig

Those gestures are already in, all their promotional videos are just spliced cuts of them using em.

This was the one game on the steam summer sale I was going to buy if it got a decent discount.

I guess I'll be waiting another year. After the game is long dead and gone.

I absolutely cannot justify paying more than 20 dollars for a videogame.

How can you say that? Javelins have an awesome dps, the problem is aiming them.

That hole with the queen just spray a constant stream of orange shit that kills me within 15 seconds with my measly 575 armor, and going through the rest of the mission takes so long. I don't get how I'm supposed to do this besides grind armor to survive a bit longer, but I neither feel like doing that nor believe it's good design. Am I missing something here?
I "could" also just not play on hard for one mission, but that's for pussies.

What class, and are you playing solo? That shit's easy with anything that can corner. Fencers can just reflect for days and never get hit.

This happened and I'm not letting you niggers forget.

Also the game would be fun if it wasn't for the pointless fucking grinding.

Holy shit, how can you be this bad?

I'm still pissed

Ranger, solo, currently using an AF18-RA and a Stingray M3.

just cheese it with the p80 bound gun

Immediately lost interest in the game with a quickness. Even Monster Hunter has better fucking drop rates than this shit

Lul

Hey guys what's the better EDF for the PSvita?
I saw two of them in the store and i just wanted to be sure before buying it
Thanks in advance

Probably IFPS.

thanks a lot

Holy shit thats cringier than reddit

wew lad
if everything fails, just go Wing Diver and use them electro-shock weapons

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY'RE ANY FUN GODDAMNIT

So would anyone be up for multiplayer progression with new characters?

Yes. Ive wanted to play for a bit.

For what purpose?

Air Raider, finally got everything I wanted in a shooter rolled up into this, Ranger is a second.
The Limpet Sniper I currently use, Limpets are fun
29.Brute Force, I just love fuckhuge battles.
Rangers not overshadowing the Air Raiders with the fact they now get to bring vehicles, also a PC port.

What are some good missions to grind? I have shit luck on drops, only getting weapons I already have or ones that I won't use at all, like worse versions of the things I already have.

I feel you man, I got extremely confused when the orange shit came out and died before realizing it was the queen.

Because whenever I join a Holla Forums server someone with a maxed out character nukes the target and the mission's over before I manage to shoot a single giant insect.
That said, my internet is being a shitter so I might be better off doing this on friday when I'm somewhere with better connection.

Yeah, it will be fun to be shit again.

Play on inferno; it's more balanced.
Lower difficulties = wing diver soloing everything

They both have their strong points.

EDF 2017 Portable is EDF3. It was originally exclusive to the 360 but Vita got that port, they added Pale Wing to it, originally on 360 it was Trooper only. It's damn solid all around.

EDF2 is, well, EDF2. EDF1 was only like 25 stages and hardly worth mentioning, essentially all of its content ended up in EDF2 plus a whole lot more. EDF2 is potentially my personal favorite just on account of it being so unique. It has ants and spiders but compared to the rest of the series it has very little in common for its enemy selection, many similar roles are filled but the behaviors, appearances and tactics are different. EDF5 is bringing several of them back, but not all.

EDF3 includes a lot of AI companions that can be helpful, EDF2 has none, it's just you. EDF2 has Trooper, Pale wing and also the Air Raider from EDF4.

EDF3 is probably a better intro point though, the game's generally more exciting and technically interesting. After you get through it EDF2 is an easy recommendation if you enjoyed it though.

I ALWAYS FUCKING HEAR ABOUT THE AUTO PICKUP MOD TO PICK UP CRATES AT THE END OF THE LEVEL BUT IT'S NEVER EVER POSTED
WHERE THE FUCK IS IT GODDAMN I HATE HAVING TO PICK UP EVERYTHING AFTER GRINDING MACHINE SQUAD FOR THE 100TH TIME

ooh maybe babby expected regenerating health and welfare weapons? well fuck you

fuck

Also just bought this, hype!

It's a cheat engine script, at that point you might as well just tweak the actual numbers themselves.

EDF:IFPS is like Monster hunter freedom unite ultimate(note the 2 Us).
EDF 2017 is like mhp3rd.

I will never play this game.

I will play this game.

that's actually worse than the DD one i didn't know that was possible

get your shit taste and get >>>/out/

where can I actually find this script? I've searched forums but apparently it was deleted. some user said he had it and he'll upload it but he never delivered

and THIS is why music and Holla Forums should never mix

youtube.com/watch?v=yQI-h-0_yc4
Stream soon

How the fuck do you beat mission 31? I've tried it by myself, and with three other players. It's fucking terrible.

By 31 I mean brute force, going by the online numbering.

I forget what happens in that mission, the only one that really sticks out for me is waterside bugs.
Fuck that mission.

Brute Force is the mission where the map is an endless green field, and a neverending army of Hectors, Shieldbearers and Ants never stop coming from the far direction. There may also be drones, it's been a while since I've given the mission a try.

Ranger sometimes Wing Diver
Grenade launcher
It's all good
Even bigger enemies

If you're talking about brute force, it's pretty rough. You need a WD/Fencer to go after the shields otherwise you get anally reamed. Beyond that, use snipers if ranger, lance/rapier as WD, balam/proteus as AR, and a dash cancel set/some decent long range for Fencer.

Kill the bee spawners and time a good tempest when the rush happens and it's easy mode.

Which grill would you bang tbh

the pillbug