Hardware revisions sexier than the original designs

ITT we post which redesigns we find to be superior to their predecessors, both on the merits of aesthetic appeal and genuine technical improvements.

I'll start with my personal favorite, the quirky little Nes-101. It's such a far step away from the boxy toaster of the 80's yet still captures the feeling of belonging to that decade despite being released in '93. It also was a genuine improvement over the god-awful zero force slot.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(Model_NES-101)#Control_Deck_.28model_NES-101.29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Onry in Japan.

PSOne (male)

What about the PSX?

Nope

Think again bucko. Next time do a little research before shitting yourself.
And there's plenty of them out in the wild to this day.

That's most likely a modded system you dumbfuck nigger. NES 101 was RF only out of the box.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(Model_NES-101)#Control_Deck_.28model_NES-101.29
Only the AV Famicom version in Japan had composite output.

I still have mine, it's chipmodded and Silent Hill looks beautiful on it.

I don't get why people talk about these.

That gameboy/DVD player was my dream as a kid. The perfect device for early 00s roadtrips.

kek

I remember we bought one of these for my uncle in Mexico. We went to a place called Patzcuaro and right before we went on a boat ride to the island there was a restaurant that had working arcade cab of AVP and a display case full of cheap in price bootleg games. Best week of my life playing Dino Crisis and silent hill.

*don't talk about these

You sure seem triggered about being wrong. So triggered you failed to notice the Citation Needed marker right after the paragraph you posted.

I guess the non chiclet version of the ZX would count.

I was pretty impressed with the slimness of this thing. Still am.

Still have a silver one, what a pretty thing it is

I never experienced those days where game "consoles" were also made so you could program games for it.

Didn't the ps1 had a devkit for home use?

How's the paint on it? is it like those cheap chinese toys that are spay painted silver only for the paint to chip off and reveal a black or white plastic or did they dye the plastic while making the shells?

It definitely looks better than the fat, but I can't get passed the open top tray. If they fit it with a motor tray I would've liked it more.

Not as readily available as just buying a spectrum or the like.

Is it just me or does the top loader look like a boss/enemy form Star Fox?

is this some sort of furry henta?

It was called the Net Yaroze. They weren't easy to get, you couldn't just walk in to any gaming store and pick one up, but you could find them. From what I remember the documentation was utter shit though, so you could make fuck all that was decent on the thing.
And this is your weekly reminder that the dogbone NES controller is still the best controller ever.

My favorite

I'm not sure if this counts as a revision but I find this vastly superior to the original N64. If only I could get one.

Video game systems are not sexy.
And don't fucking post console-tans, they don't count.

Not that hard to be sexier than the original thing though.

You'd still have to find game codes and you would still only play the few games they ported in chinese granted they're among the best on the sytem but still

last I heard there's no practical way to load games onto it so it's kind of pointless - even then the n64 library is very small so I don't see very much value in the iQue. the "pluto" and "neptune" never hit the shelves but I think it would have been pretty nice to see them in circulation.

All of this reminds me I have to find someone to set a raspberry full of emulated games.

brother you can do better than that, go legit and back up load

Retropie ain't hard enough o set up that you couldn't do it yourself, for games just fond yourself a no-intro set and you're good, only thing missing is PS1 games that would work well on it and maybe DS because iirc Drastic has a free version for Rpi out since some time ago.

There was a way to download games from the internet via USB, but that service was discontinued last year, and the system was never cracked. Maybe you could get one with a memory card with games already downloaded.

i wan fug dat fox

Too bad it's junk. I've had 3 die on me. One got me through two JRPGs before quitting.

External or internal power supply?

What was the actual reason true backlight wasn't implemented until the ds?

It's six years old and still mostly silver but when it seems to "peel off" a little it just becomes a duller gray without the shiny things

External. I honestly haven't seen the slim models with an internal power supply.

Mostly cost + battery usage.

Late model GBA SPs did include blacklight, though a bit more traily. You have to look for the model number for the difference.

Was the Micro backlit.?

You seem defensive in how bad you try to make a point.

I have one, shit heats up like a motherfucker especially if I'm using the disc drive, I'd have thought one with an external power supply wouldn't have as much issues.

I think so.

The Game Boy Micro is probably the best example of this. Too bad the GBA had a shit game library overall.

>Gets btfo'd again for failing to read the full kikepedia article despite making the effort to copy a paragraph from it
Wow, you sure showed me.

The micro was a beauty, but it was just a little too small for me. That ammonite shell was perfection in plastic though

You're stupid. The NES-101 looks ghastly and has bad video output. The only console that ever had a good redesign, meaning it looked good and wasn't horribly crippled in some way, was the Playstation. honorable mention to the Famicom Twin but that's 3rd party so it doesn't count

Ps2 slim aside, each revision has been a proven improvement. And don't shit talk the twinfami, double-thicc girls need love as well.

Why do I take the bait? Why do I do this to myself?

I need that Famicom, it is red.

Because you can't help it?

I wish you could mod it

How was this one different from the original wii again? This one didn't have online right?

Composite video only

It doesn't have online, GameCube compatibility, or an SD card slot. Which really sucks because once you run out of free space, your screwed.

Is it similar enough to the original model that you can solder in an SD slot?

Aren't they all? I mean isn't that half of the point of a redesign?

You seem confused user, the title in the OP clearly says "sexier than the original designs" and yet you went and posted something that's shittier than the original design.

PSOne is shit, can't even into System Link.

I don't care about your opinion so stop quoting a post that I made two days ago

Damn you beat me. Beautiful console I bought it day one even tho its kinda useless.

Enjoy having no battery life, you can get the same emulation ability in a better package from a psp/go

I take the success of the chiclet/PCjr-like models of the Spectrum, along with the Amiga, as incontrovertible proof that Britcucks have no taste in tech products.

PSOne lacked system link and the screen was a little dim, even in standard indoor light.

The Atari 2600, PC Engine, and PS2 all had great redesigns, but the best one of them all was the Sega CDX.

why is there a dildo taped to the gameboy?

I had sat on buying one if there was a fire sale at my Target on them since a $50~60 purchase of it would be worth the red wiimote + nunchuck + Mario Kart Wii copy. Too bad my Target just tossed out or moved copies to other stores.

That's not a dildo you retarded fuck.

On a sidenote, why do normalfags and nintendo consider the gbc to be a revision of the original brick when the hardware is substantially different?

Agreed. If I cannot get my samurai on with Bushido Blade in link mode, or have proper matches in Armored Core, why should the system even exist?

Because it was easier on batteries, had a better screen, and supported link cables without issue, I imagine. The original Game Boy is what I prefer, though.

Personally, I think pic related might be the best first-party Genesis revision. Just imagine playing your favorite DOS games and Genesis games on the same device without emulation.

It's a different form factor from the original Wii and the Family Edition (this being a top loader). So I doubt it. My guess for the lack of online and SD cards was to prevent people from running homebrew software on it.

Black Label and Platinum copies (but not Greatest Hits copies) of Jak X: Combat Racing suffered Data Corruption problems with the Slim, but not the Fat. The bug would result in all Jak X Save Data corrupting on the Memory Card, eventually filling the card up with Unrecoverable, and Unmovable bad data. I lost a whole Memory Card to this bug.

Goddamn it, I still want one. I'll settle for just one legit dogbone controller FFS.

Hound the local antique stores, they usually go for 50.

Those shoulder buttons did not hold up well compared to my GBA and SP. Same with the DSi vs the other DS models.