Do you like Shadow the Hedgehog (2005)?

His early appearances were a little too 'edgy' for my taste, but when Shadow came out in '05, I think he earned his spot in the Sega universe - both critically and figuratively. The whole game has a fresh, mature theme, and a new taste of classic platforming that really gives the game a big boost. It's been compared to DOOM, but I think Shadow the Hedgehog has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

In 2005, Sonic Team released this, for the 6th generation of gaming consoles, their most accomplished era. I think their best game in this era is Shadow 2005, a game so shocking most people probably don't notice the underlying humanity, but they should. Because it's not just about the the allure of violence, and presence of guns in children's games, it's also a personal statement about Team Sonic itself!

It was fun, regardless of edge
Took me a lot of autism to unlock that expert mode or whatever it was called when you finish all levels on all routes with an A rank

nigger are you for real

nyes

HEY SONIC!

(Checked)
It was the game with which I learned my lesson on pre-ordering. Got myself a beanie. A Shadow The Fucking Hedgehog Beanie.

I really don't understand why people like it. It feels like a worse Heroes, which is in it self a major downgrade from SA2. I completed every route too, so it's not like I didn't give it a chance.

edge/10 it's pretty gud ironically

I have no idea why you made this post, but I'm glad you did. The game sucks, aside from the morality system.

The only "fun" thing I can remember from playing this game was the chicken gun, and even then it was shit from what I could remember.

it's fun trash, I can't explain it
it's like with a really horrible movie that you still like to watch on occasion

Vengeance, Maria!

honestly I didn't hate the game. It was fun for a fresh play on some stuff.

It was better than 06 by far.

A friend of mine came to visit and we played Shadow the Hedgehog in its awful co-op. We were in the Ark in that weird memory time-travel but also not sequence with Shadow and Maria. I played Maria and slapped a giant mecha robot constantly and getting shot repeatedly. Out of nowhere, Shadow mutters to himself "What happened to my past?"

It's a good bad game.

Oh god, these are the new BOTW where OP defends the game to very end

The game itself wasn't fun. Gameplay fought with itself often, the story was garbage no matter your alignment choice, the visuals were too drab to be interesting, and the voice acting was that level of terrible that ended up becoming hilarious.

All that said, I do think the whole mechanic of choosing a moral choice via doing certain missions leading to several different endings and branching paths was actually pretty interesting for the time and I wish more games did this.

Egg Vacuum best weapon.

I certainly wouldn't say it was worse than Heroes.
Shadow at least recognized that a 3D Sonic game is supposed to be about running in a straight line really, really fast. Running in a straight line really really fast while shooting things is a nice variation.
Heroes, on the other hand, had brief periods of running fast that kept getting interrupted by pushing blocks, hitting switches, flying through rings and crap. At least Shadow kept the tedious puzzle and maze sections to one or two levels (FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!)
Also, fuck the Chaos Emerald levels in Heroes.

OP made one Bateman shitpost. One user has said that it was shit but he liked it. Everyone else just said that it was shit. Why are you so on edge? Just let your dick air out now and then man, it feels good.

i liked how he jumped but guns were boring
i liked how he fought in 06 better (teleporting and shit like chaos spear or whatever)
also that game you would go so fast sometime youd have to carefully swivel the stick so you didn't just rocket off ledges or whatever

at least it had the token bad/weird translation nobody caught / just left it in "we're going to the ARK, so i guess that means we're going, too!"

i just miss sonic having soap shoes i like them better than his generic striped ones, i think sa2 was my favorite sonic design i liked the designs in riders too but that was a shit game

I unironically love this game.
it's also one of the rare games that does changing the gameworld trough gameplay, rather then an illusion of choice (bioware style) the right way.

oh sweetie, dont say that

heros was awful and had even more bullshit prerequisites to fight the "true" final boss.

I mean… for fucks sake, heros… was basically a ratchet and clank game

agreed. I never realized how great it was when I was a kid.

I actually had friends back in elementary school when it came out, and multiplayer was fucking amazing, for a kid who wasnt allowed to own violent videogames like call of duty.

Like, GUNS? SONIC? Perfect autism cocktail

oh shit, riders was the best. I played that game religiously. Who was your favorite character? I remember those E-10000G/R robots were stupid hard to unlock for some reason. In hindsight I cant remember if characters even had different stats, but they must have. Im pretty sure sonic had a fast hoverboard unlock tho

Also, why is Holla Forums working like shit and posts take minute and a half to go trough?
Hopefully this one makes it.

When I was younger Sonic autist I thought this game was the coolest shit ever, so I sunk countless hours into it.
Now that i'm older it's easy to see all of the games flaws, but I can still enjoy it for what it is.

I can't not love a game where Shadow can try to assassinate the president of the united states.

Someone needs to pay sega for a sequel then.

It's a good game, and its morality system is leagues above any attempts narrative-focused games in the past 12 years have made.

Do you need to kill the prez using a sniper rifle? :^)

Trump is such a good goy

I'd fuck Shadow(female)

A lot of people hated it
But its fun enough

Yeah its edgy, apparently because the team wasn't allowed to go dark, so it remained edgy

As a Sonic game it does its job, go to places, run into things, have nice music, standard sonic control mechanics, use rocks to end the game, have a finale with everyone, is not so far from the mechanic as presented

The only bad thing.about the game is that it used the Sonic Heroes engine

Slow paced SA2, but I liked the plot tree mechanic.

Original the Character? Nope.

there are definitely quite a few improvements, not necessarily to the engine but map design and enemies

I don't know if I enjoy the morality system that they put into the game neutral-hero end best end

holy fuck, that was the best aspect to it as it let your actions completely define the turnout of events

I really like the game and the music, I want another shadow the hedgehog.

What the fuck went so wrong with the game? Why was it so short and barebones in every way, most of all such a disappointing and inconsistent clusterfuck of a story?

Why were the platforming and action both shit when they were the very draws and focus of the game?

No.

The story goes that the game was going to be even edgier than the final product because Sonic Team eere planning to use the ESRB's T rating to it's fullest extent, but then the E10 rating came out of nowhere and they ended up gimping the rest of the game to meet it. I'm not sure how accurate this story is, but it's what was passed around the campfire.

I'm talking about how unfinished and rushed everything but the music feels.

Meh, it wasn't great, but the morality system and how it dictates the story was very interesting for the time, even by modern standards.

Though I think the best part of the game was the soundtrack, which I unironically like.

FUCK YOU OP. FUCK YOUR PARENTS AND FUCK THE WORLD.

I SEE NO HEAR NO EVIL

Nah, nothing can top heroes. I think Shadow did a good turn trying to go back to SA 1/2, but ultimately the unpolished gameplay mechanics killed it. I do like the story and implications of Shadow existance, regardless of edge, but the gameplay isn't really that good. Sonic games were never about gameplay, prove me wrong

Shadow the Hedgehog has plenty of good music. There's nothing to ironically enjoy aside from maybe Almost Dead unless you can shamelessly embrace justified edge.

DarkspinesSonic is a cool guy with comfy high level play streams and practically the spitting image of an anti-nigger from how intelligent and understanding he still being human, but I can't understand for the life of me why Heroes is his favorite game.

What's appealing about how painfully lacking all the team formations, most of all, Fly and the overall lack of content are, especially after how much better SA handled different playstyles? If someone who loves the series and can even enjoy 06 without getting stressed out likes it that much, there has to be something I'm not seeing because that game personally brings me absolutely nothing but boredom when Knuckles or Omega doesn't have Level 3 Power.

Does a perfectly round ball have infinite edges, or zero edges?

Zero edges (For those that wish to object, what is water?)

Not unless you count molecular bonds

ok but why the spoilers

I don't give a shit about those guys.
Well, it have it's merits, like enemies having HP, which is also done in Shadow, But everything else is shitty. Also, Metal Sonic as boss is really disappointing, because you barely see him in his edgy form, which looks pretty cool. How would you have handled the different styles while still having teams, user?

To be honest, it sounds like early 2000s sad teen music But it makes me nostalgic

That one isn't even in the game, but it's from the same guys who did All Hail of Shadow, which is absolutely cool.

Because they have four edges

No, he's generally a chill not autistic speed runner and a guy who loves to spend his time finding glitches and exploits in games, especially Sonic.

Now to answer your question teams gets unique upgrades first of all to allow more freedom in how you progress through stages and to add more incentive to play other teams.

Speed is otherwise solid, but gets a handful of improvements like all Rocket Accels giving off a degree of that character's own ability like Sonic just blowing around his enemies into the air with a wave coming off similar to what he already does and Shadow maybe shooting off mini Chaos Spears. And bring back Spin Dash juiced up because that shit can be fun to blast off with or go into after a jump.

Fly most importantly gets closer to the ground for better speed and control with the Power character grabbing onto their legs along with Fly carrying Speed by the arms similar to Sonic and Tails' flying in the past instead of forming some shitty sluggish tower that basically never does anything but get up to platforms or over gaps. Now the other 2 would be able to help get a running start to keep the speed going along with having more freedom to enjoyable separately attack enemies. This would make Fly much more fun and worth using.

Now for something that might be too much to ask for: all Power characters have their own unique combos with different range and targeting instead of repeating the same attack and becoming skilled at these can be used to much easier and satisfyingly take down much harder enemies to wind up tediously mashing B against otherwise.

It was originally going to be the main theme, but Magna-Fi thought it was too good to have as part of the OST, instead of an individual release for the band.

If somehow this got a sequel, how would you feel if it became a cartoon DmC-Vanquish hybrid?

BLACK WRITINGS ON THE WALL

Hahahahahahahaha get fucked Todd

It's almost like big games attract shitposters or something. Don't try and drag that autism into legitimate threads. Please, God.

In theory it's a good idea but the choices aren't that meaningful except to avoid the truly abysmal levels (Lost Impact I'm looking at you!) and roughly guide yourself to which ending you're going for. When I played it, grinding out the last few endings fell to me abusing the chaos control glitch just because I'm sick to death of that opening.

I don't understand why they didn't just reuse the SA2 engine for Heroes and Shadow. Was it due to the PS2's limitations, because those versions were shit anyway?

Sorry dude, I'm just cautious for bait threads. I can now enjoy this thread with the rest of you.

Heroes and Shadow both run on Renderware. It was the cheapest engine they could use to make those games multiplatform.

Because Fallout 4 is the opposite
It's so fucking awful that any positive features exist in spite of it and are hampered by the rest of the game, rather than being a redeeming quality
It's more comparable to Sonic 06 than to this

Make that m a capital and I'm all for it. Knowing how Sega's been handling Sonic lately, I don't even doubt that they would do it, as long as it was like the second pic related.

Don't disrespect Sonic 06 like that. At least Sega knows how to make a good game (Even if the company is on drugs about half the time, they know what they want to make).

Bethesda did too, once

Nah, I hated that shit so much it was the last Sanic game I ever played.

nah, they never made a good game, ever. terminator future shock is garbage and the amount of real content in dagger fall can be counted on two hands

Explains a lot

I had fun. The edge made it fun to poke at and the fact that Goku's english voice actor was Black Doom.

I still like the main theme more than that song, though, it have more to do with Shadow, even if the other song is early 2000s cooler.

God, I remember that the first time I tried to play Shadow the Hedgehog I got trapped there. I got so bored at the light gun sequences that I remember just leaving the button pressed, once I pressed the vibrating control to my crotch and it felt good, so I masturbated while firing the gun with the vibration of the controller
Also, the opening stage have pretty cool music, but I can see people getting tired of the first 4 levels.

To be such a shit engine, they used it as good as they could, I guess. But the question remains, why didn't hey used the SA engine? Because it wasn't multiplat? That makes me wonder how the new SEGA console will be like. And god, I'm dying for a new Project Justice.

I don't get the hate for '06 outside the Sonic-Human relationship. You don't get the bugs unless you're an autist.

Now that's just funny.

That's funny

The game was terrible. The levels took way too damn long for a Sonic game.

And last I checked Shadow doesn't get a lot of meaningful appearances in the video games, but maybe that will change with Forces.

Also, I want SEGA to make a Shadow The Hedgehog 2, but make it as edgy and over the top as they possibly can with lots of self depreciating humor.

Why the fuck did the morality system change to different characters when you go past the fucking characters

Why are the physics so fucking wonky

Who designed these piss easy boss battles

What fucking ape designed this shit

I can see why people think it's shit, but I like it.

I dunno, the Gatling Gun was pretty good.

I like it too