Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Reproduction
gitgud.io/SpaceStation8/SpaceStation8
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station
github.com/Yonaguni/EuropaStation
strawpoll.me/13299279
space-wizards.github.io/post/17-06-26-new-website-and-progress/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would it matter if its autistically accurate atmos sim, or just "close enough"?

fuck off homospider

Only a few more months and everyone will have forgotten the lessons they learned from the last server.
Thats when the new server will be up.

Why won't you both get the fuck out then? The only reasn serber a shit is because shitters be a shitter in both serber and thread. This includes (You).

Thats what I'm saying.
The past servers died because everyone got fed up with the drama, inside and outside of the server.
It's been just long enough for the "maybe it will be better this time" thoughts to start creeping in.

I genuinely want a good server, but I know we'll never get it.

Today I finally did it. I have been permabanned from every single server in existence, and none of it was for direct griefing.

Good job, post funny caps

All of it was for shit talking overly sensitive fagmins.

Just give it up. Dont bother with an 8ch server. If you want one that isnt complete shit make a public server with not so shit rules and keep hold of the admin reigns.

It's best if we don't have a server, and instead take over some poor sod's server.
That way we can still be a larger influencing factor, can get pissy at the administration without too much consequence, and also don't have our own rampant autism crushing everything in sight.
It also helps that the locals give us a common enemy. Someone to focus our hatred on.

But that wouldn't fix anything. The larger reason our servers have died is because nobody here makes a good admin.
'Least the people who take up the job, anyhow.

Look, it isn't our fault that 9 times out of 10 the servers go straight to shittery, and the remaining few times are smack dab between two cases of shittery that leave everyone broken and saddened by the mere thought of SS13.
Also, if you're referring to the server that used VG or whatever it was code, that was entirely the fault of the shit administration team, and the insufferable asshound that was Uncle Benis.
Guy should've never been given any power, with an attitude like that.

I like to think I made a good admin when I could be asked to give a shit but monitoring the server day in and day out really makes you stop caring. One piece of advice I'd like to give to anyone who does make a server in the future is to take on as many admins you can handle. What you dont want to have happen is large spans of times where there are no admins, and you don't want to have just one active admin on from dawn till dusk or they will start slipping.

hey i've been considering playing this game for a few years and just hopped into this thread and wow you fags make me want to kill myself but also never play this game

Honestly, it seems most outcry against administration comes from unjust bans and punishments.
So, while you should nip the guys what're clearly doing wrong, it seems to me as though people won't have half a problem if you're slow about it. While you will undoubtedly have people doing shit in the off hours, and those people will make others quite upset, so long as you do take care of it in a relatively timely manner, nobody seems to make too much a fuss.
Given that, I'd say it isn't half as important to have admins running full time, as it is to have admins who can get the opinion of others, so as to ensure they're actually doing the right thing, as it were.

Incidentally: Never, ever, ever administrate over something that personally effected you. Much more difficult to resist the urge to smite. Get someone else up on that shit, even if it requires a wait.

Yes, "Unjust" bans and punishments.

Not sure what you mean, but yeah, people here get fucking livid over bans and punishment they feel is unjust.
It's something of a problem with the two types of cultures, or at least the two larger types anyway, we have here on Holla Forums.
I've talked about it before, but suffice to say, the guys around here that're wanting positions of authority are not the kinds that tend to get along with the more wary of administrations muh freech liberty types.

fullchan does not deserve a serber
the playerbase is utter cancer that will demand the lynching of the admins after a well deserved assplosion

(((well deserved)))

Pretty much this.
It's part of board culture that people don't like authority- we've seen what that shit done in 2014.
It doesn't mix well with the types who either want or like power.

and this is why you dont deserve a serber

What if I told you it was both players and admins. Its a viscous cycle.

Not exactly, but the basics are around that, yeah.
See, some are the types what want things they see as 'degenerate' banned, who scream about reddit, whine about newfags, and generally run around trying to force their particular brand of purity. Good example of this is Holla Forums, or one of the recent bans on /tg/ with the guy who ran around shitting on everything with claims of 'getting rid of the newfags'.
We've got these people who've got these firey ideas of exactly what kind of behavior is acceptable, and for whom anyone who deviates from that is not worthy, cannot be converted, and must be removed. And there's quite a few of them. Not sure where they came from, in all honesty. But, for SS13, anyway, they're the types that dish out punishment not proportionate to the crimes committed, because anyone who'd commit what they see as a crime is not going to ever learn their lesson, and generally dislike actually making a case for why those crimes are bad beyond to say that it is bad, because that is their reasoning. It is degenerate because it is degenerate, as it were.

This, combined with the folk you mention, inevitably results in a rather flashy clash, as both sides believe they are 100% in the right doing the moral thing, and both are very fervent about that belief.

Holla Forums is actually a rather remarkable board, in that these two types have somehow been able to get along. I believe this is because both sides despise Mark, and so he gives them both a common enemy to pin any troubles or complaints on. But, suffice to say, anywhere without that, they'll clash something fierce.

Uncle Benis pls leave.

Let me adjust that for accuracy

I will haunt you till the end of time

True. We're at fault for chimping out over the issue. If we didn't, the server would persist with the shitmin still being a shitmin.
Personally, I'm not about to fault people for being upset at shitmin behavior.

Do you have any more of this? Not just uncle Benis, but admin shittery in ss13 in general.

No serber?

Oh, it's you again. Glad I noticed it before I got too far in.

Anyone who can't properly format their posts to the basic level cannot be expected to give the same amount of time into reading their opponent's arguments, or formulating their own. This has been something rather nicely built off prior conversations with you, as it happens.
So, given that, don't expect me to give you much effort in response. After all, you clearly don't care to give any back. Good example is >>12874762 , where you completely miss the entirety of the issue. Had nothing to do with the codebase.

Sadly, I had deleted most of it, cleaning up my harddrive.
Only have that lot because it was relatively recent.
There's a lot, though, if you know where to look.

well I already admitted that it was a shitty thing to do so eh, you got me on that one
for those who werent there at the time, out serber had a strict no ban policy except for grief and metagay
we advertised in our ruleset that we gon punish you in a way we see fit, draconicly so, in a round but the punishment shall not extend beyond the end of the round

now tell them about my "reccuring shitminnery" that youre so riled up about
oh wait you cant because I literally dindu nuffin except giving you salty bitch cancer once, which you to this day, after the serb is long dead, you are STILL obsessing about

You are still patrolling these threads you obese fuck.

Are you 12?

Plenty of serb on the hub. It's not like one from here would be any better, so if you really need to play, jump on one that isn't CM or paradise yog.

Shame. Still, thanks for the images. Have telesci map in return.

Yeah, part of why I posted the 2nd image. It was a very disingenuous apology, during which you continued to defend your actions, on to fucking three odd threads, no less.
The whole time pointing to the apology as though it absolved you of continuing to say you did nothing wrong the punishment was just.
As I've said to you countless times, if you didn't keep defending the action, I would've had absolutely no issue with it. If you didn't keep acting like a self-righteous asshole, I wouldn't've had any issue with you. I am perfectly able to accept that people make mistakes.

Problem is, you didn't believe you actually made a mistake. You spent the entire time defending your actions, all while claiming "look, I apologized, so clearly you're just holding a grudge over nothing!" as though that holds any fucking merit when you're sitting around making cases for your being entirely fucking sinless.
It's not even a typo, mate. And I did adress the argument. It was weak as fuck. Normally I'd give effort to responses, but since I've argued with you before, since I have basic memory, I know you'll never bother giving any form of decency or standard fucking effort, so what's the point? Your statements in >>12874746 are dismissed as easily as saying "no your wrong".
A claim with no backing can be dismissed with no backing, after all. It isn't really 'polite', and I tend to prefer making an actual full fledged case despite it, but you've never returned in kind, so why should I care? You refuse to put any effort in to your posts, so why should I put any effort into replying to you?

Most ss13 admins are 12.

I dont care if you believe me famalam. Present proof for my wrongdoing outsite of the one incident you keep obsessing about like a battered bitch. You cant. Because there never was any. There was ONE single incident that didnt even involve banning anyone, that was enough to send you on a crusade to shut down the serber with disinfo.

You personally and niggers like you the reason Holla Forums cant have a serb. Thats an objective statement. You are the problem. When you and all like you kill themselves, then a full/v/ serber can be had. Until then, theres only suffering for everyone involved.

Too dull for my tastes. While it means you'll never get into the good machines, there's something to be said about manually breaking in everywhere you want access to. Especially if you leave in a false wall panel for it. Nothing quite like having permanent quick access everywhere, should you need it, capable of disappearing from all but shaft miners and engineers who never take off their mesons.

See
I had to do this quite a number of times back then, too.
I swear, something like half my posts, maybe more, were literally just quoting myself.

I had a problem with the action you took in that instance. I had a problem that you refused to see fault in said action. I had a problem with the behavior and mentality you exhibited. I didn't "go on a crusade to shut down the server with disinfo", I merely kept arguing with you every time you acted as though you did nothing wrong.

Maybe so. Though, people like you are also the reason we can't have a serb. After all, if people like me didn't exist, we wouldn't have anyone complaining about shitmins, but likewise if people like you didn't exist, we wouldn't have any shitmins to complain about.

My only regret is that the server owner seemed to be a pretty alright guy, and actually seemed to have his shit together. Although, maybe that was a bit of naive hope. He never did say much, or do much of anything outside of setup the server. Granted, that's about all I really need anyway.
Still, at the very least, he never got his chance to prove either leaning.

okay niggers it's time to serb
byond://86.178.152.122:7272
nigger it's what you're getting
fuck you
i can just not host if you want

8ch doesn't deserve a server, and anybody who'd play one from 8ch isn't the sort of person who you'd enjoy playing SS13 with; it really is that simple. Who in their right mind expects the great minds who came up with "gameplay VS story" threads and those who can't handle even the slightest hint of authority to be reasonable roleplayers?

It's a game of give and take - of making compromises in order to create a more interesting story and fun for everyone on the station. You spicy-boys wouldn't give someone you slightly dislike a penny for all the fun in the world - it's antagonistic, confrontational and fucking "lel-so-sophisticated trolling" from dawn to dusk; and of course none of these incredibly vocal faggots would run the server or administrate themselves, because they already know exactly how they'd be treated by the mouth-breathing masses.

Just let it die; 8ch threads are literally the worst line-toeing souls from every other server come to cry in one place about "injustice."

give me proof of wrongdoing
your feels are irrelevant to me
I am not saying all of this to convince you of anything, I am saying all this to show the rest of the thread what a piece of shit you are

30% of all posts in spessmen threads for TWO WEEKS were you spreading disinfo about the serber specifically with the intent to kill it because you are a vindictive cunt
you deliberately set out to kill the serber and congratz you made it, good job

remember the other guy that got bussed with you? he was one of the last people to leave the serb due to no-pop
buy a fishermans rope and hang yourself you disingenious waste of space

the most accurate summary to date

Please see
Again, I don't give a flying fuck about any incident beyond this. Stop trying to shift the goalposts, you faggot.

I didn't spread any disinfo. I just kept arguing with you on your bullshit, because you kept on trying to maintain that you didn' du nufin that that the punishment was somehow deserved.

I'd run a server. Even was a moderator briefly, though I wasn't really that good at it, frankly.
Reason I don't run a server, though, is that I really don't know how.
Been thinking of learning how to code for SS13 to try and drag myself in to it. Especially like the idea that other user posted a while back with the anonymous system, where everyone, even in OOC, has an anonymous name.

I stopped playing with you fags because all you do is bitch and shitfling. A year later and you're still at it.

Do this imageboard a favor and fellate a shotgun.

Great arguments, guys.

jesus christ if you people stopped arguing and played the fucking game we'd be having fun right now
oh well

But that's wrong you fucking tard.
Both Bigslice and a faggot that was turbotracker but with another name were pretty much anti-Gitgud and Friends.
It was a fun experience.They resisted drama,Bigslice's server got shut down because dead hours.Turbo's server got shut down because some meta shitters shat up the servers.

Well Uncle Benis is clearly a moron who can't argue to save his life, but was getting inflicted with cancer once due to a perceived violation really worth hours of assmad arguing and reposts? This is some Ferguson level shit over a video game and it makes me really understand why no one wants to roll out an Holla Forums server for more than a month or so before they want to kill themselves.

just like
play game
i've provided the server
play game.

These threads are for infinite drama, not playing games you dweeb.

who the hell do you think you are, god king of ss13?
play game.

Honestly? No, not really. But I'm someone with a strong sense of values, of principles, and all that.
It's like I was saying earlier, 'round , and in a few other threads before, but basically, I'm one of those guys what screams muh freedoms and generally, as put it, doesn't like authority. I know this, but even so, I still feel obligated to voice my issues, argue my positions, and 'stick to my guns' as it were, regardless.
Maybe I should've just quietly quit, but I feel like that never really accomplishes anything, and besides that, if you have a concern or a principle, it seems like a bit of a betrayal to me to ignore it. 'S why I have a hard time not responding to bait, as well.

Once I've finished my food.

Wew laddie.

I've never been permabanned for anything but bullying them either. They make themselves far too much of a target with their attention whoring faggotry and the disgusting sycophants that surround them.

Admin types are always cancer and nobody likes you.

case in point, the average fullserb player

My, don't you sound like a fun person to play video games with. :^)

Case and point, the average fullserb admin. :^)

Oh.
Okay.

I never have problems with players, it's always the mods that end up being server cancer enabling faggoffs. Enjoy your little circle of queers like love the smell of eachother's shit.

It's probably due to a lower expectation. You expect the crew to be a bunch of backstabbing paranoid assholes, so when they act like that, it doesn't surprise you, and when they're nice, it has a higher effect.

*INCOHERENT WEEBSHIT*

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

one day

That's a problem on your end.

I know.
Just something that's made me sad.
Such is life, stuck with a primitive system as byond.

Okay, so

Remind me again why a remake of BYOND couldn't have the client-side simulate every action, and have the server reject it if the client is in an invalid state, and then force a resync?

I would like to reiterate this post by telling you to STAY AWAY FROM Holla Forums is you're new. You will spend the round as a ghost because lmao so fanny griefing.

It takes some players like 30 seconds to jimmy open a door on Hippie, with a guard. Some Holla Forumstard with casually walk up with a screwdriver, crowbar, and cutters and bojangle it open in seconds and juggle tools like nbd

Eh, we're not usually the type to griff too much. Unless you're Mark, anyway.
We just don't like you, and if you tell us you're new, we'll like you less.

Clearly what we must do is roulette adminship. Everyone can be an admin, regardless of time played, for a short period of time before it goes to the next random player.
Perfect solution

Gook weebshit murder mystery > SS13

it looks very much like ftl13 is tbh

That actually… seems like a good idea.

I played a round of that once (´・ω・`)

If by that you mean looks and plays like ass, I agree. Still was fun.
Sadly, I have to sleep. Did enjoy some more heavy RP stuffs, though. Always been more of a medium RPG guy myself, but sadly, nobody seems to actually care enough to even do that, in most SS13 games.

COMRADES

THE TIME IS NOW

PURGE THE ADMIN

SEIZE THE MEANS OF ADMINISTRATION

Guys
It was just a joke
Please
No
Don't do this

And it never does.
Really, it your own fault, many times anons come and clearly state which administrators are shit… and they simply get ignored, over and over.
It was that faggot that roleplay as a cyborg supersoldier before, apparently it's a dumbass borer now.
It's also baffling the amount of dicksucking in Holla Forums's servers, where there are players actively attentiowhoring and sucking the administrator cock when there are actual complaints.
It would be so easy to improve things Holla Forums, you always fall for the same mistakes, over and over, you're really no different than yogstation or hippie: the discussions in these threads are the same they have in their forums.

Please. Don't make me laugh
We know well that we're worse than Hippie, Yog, and probably even /tg/!
After all, they have functioning servers.

who was even the murderor?

>yfw the blind guy was the killer and he wasn't even really blind

!

Well, duh, who'd actually willingly choose to be blind?
pretty good tho, 10/10 did not expect

>take out the waifu killer after a shitton of searches
wew

holy fuck I had a feeling that he was pretending.

Ha, fags.

I want to fuck the robot

Rodimus isn't for lewd.

Several years of autistically playing robotics has also made me want to NUT on the borgs.

i knew they had shit taste

You are no brother of mine

If it wasn't for the lewd, it wouldn't have such glorious hips.

No no, you don't get it. It's in YOUR best interests not to lewd the Rodimus. He has the autism something fierce.

Bullshit.

What's wrong with egg-laying?

robots don't lay eggs, they poop

Well, how are transformers going to make babies, if not by laying eggs? live birth? C-sections sound much more complicated when you've got solid steel in the way.

Bad angle, bruh

An angle that gave him some extreme and luxurious egg-laying hips, not to mention those thunderous thighs.
It's a robot, right? Maybe that day, some 'equipment' was swapped out.

It's already bad enough the writers for the comics went full retard toying with the idea of robot genders. And how Arcee was originally a "male" bot that was forcibly altered into a female form xhe can't undo

legos obvs

don't click this
tfwiki.net/wiki/Reproduction
seriously, don't do it

Eh, I'm just going to blame it on a low-quality artist, in all honesty. But, yeah, that ass slap pic looks female as fuck

you have shit taste.

don't discriminate against borgs.

the only good clang is a male clang

I discriminate against the literal-human trash, sorry.

Do you have autism? Honestly? Get over it Jesus fucktarded Christ

Might host *INCOHERENT WEEBSHIT* again, do me a favor and join when i actually post the IP.

I wasn't at the server you hosted last time, so I guess I might join.

I missed it earlier, so sure, I'll come along for some fun.

*INCOHERENT WEEBSHIT*

This is the only aspect of the Holla Forums servers that will survive. It's a shame because the codebase was actually pretty good once some of the more retarded additions like solar cleaning were removed. It was almost like /vg/ but less busted. Especially pipecrawling actually working and not being terrible.

why are there literally no good servers

like the actual core of the game is fun but literally every server with players fucks with it somehow to make it a much worse final product

To those two fagolas still joining: you might want to restart the download.

Why? It's at 9.0 out of 47.9mb. I still have two more hours until it finishes.

That's why.

But, yeah, to answer your question more seriously, I believe it is due to the nature of the game. This is a game where you play the role of a paranoid, often psychotic, backstabbing little asshole who trusts noone for good reason.
Do you think that kind of person would make a good moderator?

Well, here goes the *INCOHERENT WEEBSHIT* again.
i'm fairly sure more than half of you are lazy fuckwits so yeah sue me

Change of plans, we're hosting a deathmatch to get people into the art of robust.

Fuck that noise all together

gonna just say the last two people complained because it wasn't ss13 and left, and i'm not up to hosting something that'll A: take about an hour to set up because no actual box for serb and B: nobody will probably join.

and you're worried about nobody joining

I'm not exactly worried when i know that's exactly what's going to happen.

well no shit

well no shit, i got suggested to do that last night and it went sort of well, so i thought "hey, let's try it again"
guess the shit didn't stick this time.

I was attempting to join earlier but it din't download fast enough.
I still don't know what you fags are talking about *INCOHERENT WEEBSHIT*. Isn't it just CPstation code?

It's weebshit, not CPstation.
I understand i should have explained better, but hey.

4 people in, if anyone's interested at this point.
Also, you don't need that many people for this mode

Alright, if you really want to play weebshit then now's your chance. Might wanna turn the music off.

40k spess mens

byond://62.112.10.152:20710

To be fair, part of the problem is you decided to do it in the middle of the fucking day.
I gots works and shits.

Every time I try to RP with niggers from here, it ends poorly.
There's literally 2 anons I've interacted with that haven't made me want to stop playing, out of maybe 50 in the past ~12 months, and only one of them properly RP'd anyways; the other one just wasn't a complete faggot.

tbh probably true

did you always play as sec and want to be a robot man?

No, I always went Sci or Eng and just helped out where ever to try get some competency in others.
I remember someone who always went sec, but I don't recall them wanting to be a robot.

when I played and was robotics I would always get him trying to be a augmented from me

Really? I've always had a fair sight more luck roleplaying with these guys here. Mostly because they, unlike the usual proper RP servers, actually seem to like the more light-hearted living-your-life stuff, over the HERE'S MY ENTIRE CHARACTER'S BACKGROUND FEEL BAD FOR ME SOB SOB CHARACTER ARC trash.

Now, granted, the way I do it, you might not even realize it's "RP", because it's literally just me playing a guy in the position onboard the station. But I think that's how you should do it, over this character-backstory-angst let-me-explain-everything-I-do type trash.

Incidental, this brings me to my favorite bit of RP I've had with you lot, which was playing the sec officer who got a new sec robot of the lady variety, and proceeded to get massively drunk at the bar, used liquid courage to profess his love to said sec bot, and promptly got told that as a cold, unfeeling piece of station property, our love could never be.
Tragically, at that point, before anything more could come up, station went to shit.

Might not be one man, just someone who understands robustness.
Fixing yourself with a welder, on top of the slightly higher hitpoints, is much better than being fleshy, when you play a combat role.
I usually try to get that stuff when I'm a miner.

It might just be me being cynical and forgetting all the people I've gotten on with, but a lot of times I come on to maybe 4 people in a server, 1 doing something and 3 just running around breaking shit.

Going to try out this 40K serb user has put up, then going to go crash some random server with pubbies.

Well there's your problem, yeah. When you're playing deadman hours, which was pretty much all the time in recent days, it's going to be filled with people who aren't going to interact and are going to fuck around and have fun, because there's nothing else to do.
Without at least 10 players, it's going to be shit. That's standard.

no it was one of those people who played only one thing but he was at least a decent player tbh

You fags still into the weebshit? I wanna try it out no-
Fuck me m87.

WH40K wasn't for me.
A guy I used to metabuddy with on Paradise sent me a message. Apparently some autist made a gamemode where you get split into two teams. One side has to neck grab and ERP the other side's members twice to kill them.

Launches next week or something; might be good for the robust anons to bully faggots.

Sadly it's concept shit.

Shouldve gave yourself a nasty virus so everyone would get infected

Works like a charm. It's also hard for badmins to trace it back to you.

Noted for the future. But that still relies on a RNG event to make one job useful. If you remember back to PizzaStation days, there was a change where vermin in maintenance could carry disease sometimes. I stopped playing around that time but apparently it was miscoded and diseases were RAMPANT

If that were true there would be a minimal need for security jobs.

But only antags and random events that in both cases are incredibly rare and likely to come from viro make virology useful.
Meanwhile, sec is useful for every instance of random shitter fucking around, random shitter breaking things, random shitter attacking people, random shitter poisoning things, random shitter resisting arrest, and then the rare cases of getting murdered by antags almost immediately every time.

serb when

I'm half sure everyone might be playing on the 40k serb.

even though there's alot of problems with it, yeah

ooga booga where da server at

booga berry pickers read da thread

We still have players, not many, but some.

so you like working with shafts OP?

can't even ping that IP, serber doesn't let me connect.

Wizard is the best antag job.

need more sprites for different directions

I have them, just didn't post them all

Feels bad man

well so long as you do

speaking of spess mens though, can we get a server with a code base that's actually looked after ?

Christ. I miss the days when you could theoretically blow the entire station to smithereens with a single, well-placed bomb. I learned at Cuban Pete's side when he was shutting down TLE's server with his shit. They ruined bombmaking, and replaced it with a collectathon R&D.

They took away the Security's starting equipment and replaced it all with fucking Segways.

They never updated vents to take air out of the area they connect to if the pressure in the connecting pipes is less than the pressure in that room.

Christ. They never put in Cyberspace, something that would actually get used on the goddamned station, but they added Shaft Miners that fuck off from the station and autistically hollow out an asteroid because they don't want to interact with the crew.

What the fuck happened to this stupid atmosphere simulator?

Any of you interested in just getting on a random server and fucking around today?

less and less people are wanting to code for it

find a good one

Oh hey I made that pic

I also had a spreadsheet with all the objectives and things of value with their XY coordinates, which would automatically calculate the input coordinates for a given offset state. Good times

Nigger, please. They drive away competent coders, and keep people like Uhangi for *years*. They slap spaghetti code on the wall and see what sticks. They shit on the playerbase that makes reasonable demands and implement fucking vending machines that shit out useless clothing.

Unless that's what you mean by "less people want to code for it," in which case I apologize for my apoplexy.

Name me one competent coder that isn't a goon.

Available for the public and interested in dealing with BYOND's absolutely fucked netcode? None.

Goons possess barely enough skill to deal with BYOND, but not enough to feel that they can do better than SS13.

I tried to code for them, back when Uhangi was still shitting things up. I was firmly shut out because I wasn't a friend of a friend, in spite of completely redoing the atmos code so that it didn't fuck the game up when someone blew a hole to space.

They never implemented any of it, using some other chucklefuck's work that barely affected the server load, because he knew Scaredofshadows.

they, meaning /tg/ right? but I mean more the language is trash as well as the player base over all. you sound like you've got some venting to do though so let it all out bud

Oh, yes. Outside of the goons, they're the most popular codebase that I know of. I suppose you could consider Baystation a contender, but since /tg/station managed to get the dismemberment code, there's no real reason for anyone to deal with their srs-RP-only shit.

As for the rest, yes, the language is unwieldy and the playerbase can be utter garbage, but so much more can be done with it than /tg/ will allow anyone to do.

It's a nonstop carnival of failed aspirations, handled by pricks that want things to stagnate forever. They realize it, of course, but they figure that letting it mold over is better than letting it just die, so they put new outfits and "jobs" like the Curator in. The thin veneer of newness keeps their stable of chucklefucks from getting bored, and so they never have to consider shaking things up for real.

Speaking of the chucklefucks, though, holy shit. Few, if any, know anything about coding. They assume that everything has to be appreciated, because it was forged in the heart of a dying star and implemented by supreme tech wizards who occasionally fuck everything up.

When Holla Forums talks about niggers, they mean people who act like /tg/station's playerbase.

it really seems like that it at any given time on all their stupid servers tbh but this begs the question why you don't just do your own thing some place else

They're all the same.

Everywhere.

There's some hideous, insidious poison in SS13 that draws the same mindsets to it. I don't know why, I can't explain it.

Anyone who has the gumption to host a server also has the stick-in-his-ass attitude that prevents real efforts from being made. Anyone that lacks that has a full plate to deal with in meatspace, and picks out admins to deal with shit in his absence, and those fuckwits have the aforementioned attitude, else they have a pack of fuckbuddy coder friends that want to add some stupid shit from Homestuck or their favorite vore-related shitshow of a webcomic.

And you know what the funniest part of it all is? These people, as improbable as it is, are almost invariably goons.

I want to host my own server and tweak it to my liking, but I remember how that panned out for TLE and nearly every other server that started getting attention. The chucklefucks came, and they ruined everything. It's like they know that if someone gets a decent codebase going, they'll run out of new victims to torment and have to get non-goons to bring in new ideas.

Final note: Chaplains should be able to hear ghosts. The removal of that from /tg/station's codebase has infected nearly every other codebase I've seen. It's ridiculous and I hate it. Do with this information what you will.

it seems like you're so jaded that you're unwilling to at least try. I'm 100% no joke willing to fund as much as I can a server which has everything it needs to be good and stay good

He has tried, though.

Would anyone like to get on the 40k server or do i have to host *INCOHERENT WEEBSHIT* again?

it sounds like he hasn't tried the way he wanted it to

only the dead host man is on the 40k serb right now, *INCOHERENT WEEBSHIT* seems like it's only fun afew times

I'm up for either.

Depends on the mode for weebshit, but for 40kserb generally when players get on it's maintained for at the very least a little while.

I'd be up for learning to code in BYOND. Might hit the tutorials on their website now, see how archaic it truly is.

you'd be the first if you actually get back to me after doing so

byond://62.112.10.152:20710 berrypickers play the fucking rockstation game

What a round, jesus

will attempt to join, internet a shit and super slow so don't expect much

it's takes awhile to get back in but it's up now

Alright, I read through the documentation, and it's not as bad as it was made out to be by people in OOC over the years.
It's dumbed down C/C++ with a fair amount of predefined things so people can get into it easily.

I feel confident enough to map and repurpose code to make new items/verbs/procs etc. I'll just go through /tg/ or Paradise code and repurpose it to learn more.
Mapping is actually insanely easy I think so that's nice.

The code itself seems easy enough to fix but i once spent 4 hours trying to set up a local server and failing to get it to launch

I even made a github account and cloned it and everything. I think gitgud had a hate boner for git so he had a separate repo and he said lol just use this guide, and it still pointed at tg's git and not his and he got mad when i didnt know to clone from his repo like shit nigga i need a step by step guide dont get mad when you leave steps out

And yes, I am a highly competent programmer, all this environment bullshit and compile handling is retarded fluff that just gets in the way of the raw code which is the only thing that matters

Yup. GitGud was a shitter of the highest caliber.

please do your best!

Might run an event on the 40kserb, if anyone's interested in joining in on one of my likely most retarded ventures yet.

Well, that fell through faster than a sack of bricks.

Sorry, I was away when you were asking me about weebshit.
I'd say anything goes for me, as long as there's people.

Lemme finish this video game then i'll put weebshit up i suppose.

Weebshit lives.

Right, here's a fork.
gitgud.io/SpaceStation8/SpaceStation8
Make an issue for something you want added or just post it in this thread.

I'll try what I can, but I won't promise anything magical, especially since I'm still learning.
Hopefully if I start going old coders who got burned out can get back into it.

Won't be available for the next 18 hours or so, but I'll come back and sort out the little things like readme's then.

If you can't be arsed making an account (they do allow 10 minute mails), use this one I stole from Holla Forums:

Nel's server was great, I miss him

We're now hosting the /tg/fork posted here, which surprisingly loaded almost like it was melting butter.
Wew.

because this fagola is unable to make a noticeable announcement :

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

We're running the /tg/fork posted.
not weebshit or 40k just to specify even more

This is still going, we have 4 people on, fucking around

Down now, host went slep.

God damn it, man. I have a life, you know.

I can't seem to connect.

Yeah I saw that as soon as I posted.

so is this like some fucker with his laptop hosting it or what?

>rounds last 30 mins now down from a couple hours on average
The icing on the cake was muh greentext glitching out.

sybil right? fuck that noise tbh

The fork I posted earlier was just a 100% copy of current /tg/.
Is there anything anons don't like about nu/tg/ inb4 everything that they want removed/blocked off? I don't believe we can get rid of the new UI system that requires newer versions of IE as that would require every machine interface to be rolled back or rewritten, and would break a lot of things, but all items/maps/etc are up for grabs.

Also, we can try implement tasks like Science has. Should be a matter of copying Science to another role and changing the triggers.

I wouldn't say anything needs removed as such as made to be not retarded as fuck, however you want a proper code base to start with

github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station

Honestly some of the tasks could easily be the creation of items to ship through Cargo. Admittedly I havent played in a while (Which is to change tonight) so maybe this is already the case.

Synthesising a case of Chemicals for nanotrasen, a crate of charged batteries, some dank space kush, etcetera.

This would be better if creating some items was a bit more involved than having an Auto lathe shit them out though, maybe for batteries for example you can autolathe a case and contacts, and need to get some acid from Science to go in it before screwing the whole assembly together.

The idea behind this is to encourage cooperation (and friction) between departments, and also to give tators potential access to interesting gear if they can either spoof shipments, or break into Cargonia before the shuttle arrives, perhaps.

I'd try and implement this myself if i knew where to start with the code. (Any tips?)

well there's three Major problems with nu/tg/ code

Can you go into a bit more detail about nu/tg/? Crafting menu? How does Chemistry work exactly? Also: I thought TG used ZAS.

Honestly people being able to "Do Everything" is semi-fixable by A: Putting more unique (But buildable) workstations in the various departments (Special autolathes being the most basic example) and B: Security being a little more stringent about beating trespassers to a pulp. I really do feel like this could be workable.

o.k so do you know what table crafting is? well in nu/tg/ that's out the airlock and instead you push the crafting recipe button which brings up everything you can make including cooking and if you have everything you need, you just push craft and you get that bar over you till you're done making. no steps and it limits cooking by autistic lol so random recipes which only amount to "what if I want a cat cake xd"

chemistry is just a mess, there's a set list of things you can make and also some things off the list you can make that I forget the names of but the trouble with their system for it is they add stupid shit that just doesn't get used so it's less a problem with how chemistry operates and more "lets not make it actually involved but instead just change chemicals and add useless shit"

ZAS is the issue, specially with how they've tried to handle stopping people from max cap'in the server with toxins

Christ, you'd think /tg/ would want actually in-depth systems. What's even the benefit to using /tg/? Is there some even greater flaw with the /vg/ codebase, or even the goddamn gooncode?

What have they done to prevent maxcapping, anyway? I thought that was a semi-solved problem even as far back as just after Cuban Pete?

Yeah, well, I guess that's a possibility. I would suggest limiting the tools and know-how to Engineering, given that that's their whole deal. Further, you could have them just be buildable through toolkits located in their respective departments. There's really only so far you can go with this though, before it gets autistic. Security seriously needs to be more iron-fisted. Whenever i used to be HoS I tried to crack down on this sort of thing, but you run the risk of limiting people TOO much.

no they want random whims which are just same shit different skin

most people are used to it? but nah it's more "complete" then /vg/ is but it's only like that because of lava land tbh and lava land is trash

if I remember correctly, they nerfed gases being able to retain heat in some way I don't know which basically means you can't power the station on the Tgen what so ever

tbh any greyshirts needs to have no real rights as the default, if you want to be useless, you get shit on.

what would make sense is to have it a late tier thing on their departments tech tree, like you need to set up basic machines inorder to produce better tools which can build intermediate machines that produce great tools which build badass machines that pump out your goodies basically like terraria tbh

Having them take up a decent amount of space might help, too. As much as Science or Cargonia might want to be able to make everything, they simply wouldn't have the floorspace to support it. (Large power draws too, maybe, so Engineering would have to assist to allow you to upgrade your gear?)

that can work, it could also be a multi structure machine which needs high tier base materials to build and high tier science parts, would also help

Perhaps. I'm sure there are plenty of ways of sorting this particular issue out, it;s just whether people are willing to try and implement them.

I think that the deal was that people have become disinterested in even trying to balance shit out due to people just finding a way to power gayme through it

Again, that's the fault of Security for not even attempting to maintain order.

And even moreso the fault of the IAA for not swamping the offending department with forms :^)

well yes and no, people are way too impatient as the game has gotten to the point of gook clicker bullshit with games lasting shorter and shorter

>wanted to request github.com/Yonaguni/EuropaStation
>They already have a code and a coder

Once again, might do an event on the 40kserb if anyone's up for it while hopefully the foundations of a serb are built.

byond://62.112.10.152:20710 Forgot the IP.

Very smooth.

>/tg/ went from intuitive combinations and cooking to press a button to craft your prize
I will never not be mad about this.
It's laggy as shit, too.
They also implemented cooking and temperature as a function of Chemistry and then failed to take advantage of that in any serious capacity.

VERY smooth

Did the serb die or is it just me?
Sorry captain, I didn't really want to kill you. The meat bread you made it difficult to do so. I was having more fun just a general cunt fucking with floors, doors and wires to piss people off.

There's no fun in being an antag if no one is there to suffer the chaos.

And we're back.

new round boys

Also, if we get at least 10 people, we get an event

The restart seems to have hung. If it were down, it'd just straight disconnect.
I tried to Saliline in time just for the cockblock, but I was too late.

Security is incapable of maintaining order because they're outnumbered and outgunned by everyone on the station.

The robust fighters refuse to join what's commonly called "shitcurity." They don't know that the fuckface that got so abused by them was actually just calling for help after getting caught breaking into EVA again. All they remember is that they showed up with three of their best friends and started beating the shit out of that Security Officer.

And God forbid they actually win out against these or similar impossible odds. Five different ahelp dialogues will open, and the admins will get dragged in against the poor bastard who got swarmed. And if the Security Officer tries to secure the prisoners before responding to the admin, he'll get adminprisoned or banned.

And it's not like you're even getting help from the mappers on these fucking things anymore. You see this shit in the first image? This was an entryway into Security for nearly a month, put in by one of the coders in a "seekrit Friday update." You could click-drag yourself into the garbage can through the sliding glass door and end up inside the back room of Security, where all those delicious lockers full of equipment were.

Everything you suggest trying will be for naught until you try doing it yourself, you colossal faggot. Pick up a red jumpsuit and try it. You'll be dead before you get your first suspect back to the brig.

Read half a wiki page on this and jumped right in onto a undisclosed server from somewhere else. I went a janitor because the wiki said I should if it's my first time. I went around picking things up and examining them to try to figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to be doing. I walked into a red area, picked up some cloths on the ground, and some guy tazed me (I assume), handcuffed me, and tied me down to a table. After twenty minutes I just punched myself to death and closed the game.
Oh so fun.

Ha, I remember something similar happened when someone was nice enough to give me a job tour when I first started playing. We went into engineering, I started cleaning up oil stains as he explained things, then shitcurity came up, incapacitated me, and threw me into the brig, not even caring that the engineer said I was with him.

Are lain fags so delusional to think it's that music was produced by the show?
Come on nigger, at least put the original artist and song in the title.

Alright, we'll have a quick vote to see which codebase to build off.
strawpoll.me/13299279

A good thing to note is that we can use /tg/ and Paradise code fairly freely, so if they have something that's pretty neat, we can grab it and use it.

The song is called Duvet, the artist is called Boa. There, you happy now?

Is the remake done yet?
Oh, that's right…

SS14. They have a Git, Discord and reddit.
There was a March update, don't recall if there's a May/June update, but they are still active.

Sure ,Starship theory and it's a rimworld clone.

Oh, they just released their new website a few hours ago:
space-wizards.github.io/post/17-06-26-new-website-and-progress/

PizzaStation with as much nu/tg/ as possible rolled back.

Shit, I just remembered that the next round, I was hanging out with the chef when a monkey suddenly jumped the counter and stabbed my eyes out with a fork. I need to start playing again, that shit was great.

That's long enough; 15 votes = 15 people excluding myself, which is what we usually get for pop.

I'll remove the /tg/ fork, fork PizzaStation and then we can go from there.

I din't even vote but i was gona vote CP/pizzacode anyways, so it all works out.

My antivirus software keeps thinking BYOND is a virus.

It is.

AV programs themselves, are viruses

Security Officers are saints.
That's why I think Security should be allowed lethal force in all occasions: they are security for a corporation that literally bought the souls of their workers.
Why the fuck does anyone think an officer should be doing anything but beat people to death?

People playing still believe they're living in a world that allows freedom, either physical or of thought. They still don't understand the reason this is called a roleplaying game or they think the game is set on some sort of twisted Space America, leading to calls of Shitcurity when they're actually doing what they're supposed to be doing.

It's a goddamn secret military-scientific research facility, it should be punishable by death to be a complete jackass while on board. I still don't know what the fuck is the whole thing with clinging on the fallacy of proper spess law when the Captain's orders can override any rulings on it, and it even says so on the damn book itself.

anyone playing where?

Because killing an employee is damaging company property

This wastes energy, and as well valuable time into plasma research.

this is why assistants ==NEED== to be expendable as fuck

This seems very reasonable.

Assistants are supposed to be people new to the game, or unskilled people who don't know what they're doing, making them basically useless and expendable.

I think it would be completely acceptable for a sec officer to use lethal force on an assistant, but non-lethal against actual job roles. And that has both IC and OOC benefits, too. On the one hand, you're no longer a guaranteed shitter and have proven yourself able to interact with others

Alright where's the actual serb

A sheet of metal protecting a hull of the military-grade station is worth more than 10 useless pricks who want to toss that sheet into space because they got uppity. Besides, this is thousands of years into the future where Earth itself was so overpopulated that they had to start colonizing entire sectors of adyacent space just to feed them, that is before they either got nuked or got bought out by Nanotrasen or some other megacorponation.
Also Nanotrasen is speculated to hold at least the mayority of the population hostage by contracts due to how dependant humanity is on Plasma fuel for space transportation, which they have an almost complete monopoly over for very obvious reasons and they're the exact reason why the Syndicate even exists and why there's so few individuals in a military strike team. There's such an overload of personnel for Nanotrasen that Assistants (no training, no actual profession, just bodies with hands and feet) are a job in a secret research facility in an undisclosed space station half the size of a moon.

They MUST be expendable workload, else there's absolutely no need to keep them there and not in some backwater planet or terraformed moon at the edge of saturn's anus.

Changing NT law to allow lethals on assistants/non-employees would do a few things, both good and bad:
>Assistants would have to not act like retards and actually justify their existence. Maybe they'll even be real assistants
It would mean all greyshirts are on the same tier as animals, which is terribly accurate.

If you were to have that, you'd need to make a fair few changes to facilitate this new shift in assistants, like all departments having guest pass terminals so Assistants aren't just stuck in hallways, waiting for sec to kill them.

I'd give the idea a tentative "Yes".

We're just LARPing about making one/standalones. :^)
There are two anons with serbs, but one is weebshit simulator and one is 40K themed.

thing is though, if they're "easy" to take out of the game then we kinda need a easy to get back in.

why don't we have every x in game hour a new batch of assistants get sent to the station? long enough as to be a good wait but not like "it never happens because the rounds are short"

there's one user who moderates the 40k serb which is up ay any given time and he him self hosts *INCOHERENT WEEBSHIT* server

Just go a step further and have all greyshirts be valid

>t. server with < 15 players

I'm just shitting but still

no it's correct, we can't really just expect people to stay in the server when they just gotten killed by some guy on a whim at round start and once the numbers go down everyone will just leave. that is of course if there's no real means to get back into the game

I'd rather play a dead server than one where those damn dirty greyshits get the run of the station

you'd "play" on it for five minutes then leave before anyone else gets on

tbh get on this server

so I take it no one wants to play on the 40k server anymore?

byond://138.201.127.173:2303

Also a good server

fuck it tbh

Bring pics

I played warden a lot (good hint as to who I am) and I can tell you it might as well be a real police officer simulation detroit edition because after the 8th greyshirt in under ten minutes tries to break his greytide buddy out of jail and then ahelps when you finally snap and hit him over the head exactly once with your baton on harm as a lesson you will be ready for Columbine: police edition. Atleast our station was somewhat civil to the point of boredom sometimes.

after figuring out the fucking set up, we begin our adventure into VORE as a robot

Deactivate it.

before we could Deactivate our shrug mode we got crushed by an elevator trying to figure out how to operate it

we are now a brain

FURFAGS DETECTED

the furfags leave us while a nice tiny fucking spec takes us to science

some other furry picks us off and I think they're erp'in infront of the elevator

we're now on our way with some gaint fucking snake

this gaint snake which is the RD doesn't know how to make a robots..

I think the captain is wondering why I blew up or something, things actually seem to operate somewhat decently

Oh no

SEND HELP I'M TRAPPED HERE WITH BLOODY ELEVATOR MUSIC GOING ON WITH THIS FUCKING FURFAG MAKING GODAWFUL PUNS

The puns give you precedent to purge the heretics once you're back in a robot body.

after finally getting our robot on we set of to boot this here purge function but sadly we noticed our laws deny us this for now

so it seems #b is the command to binary rather the :b, that's silly

what biological gender options are there? '3'

four

Little bit triggered

you'd think they'd have something like that

anyways we told some faggy pda what for and are moving around trying to find where the fuck everything is

truly we have the best of staff here

our first ERP encounter!

DUDE

biological gender you dummy o3o

so far I've been impressed by the level of nice these sprites have, I think the code is based off of old /vg/ though

only two

wew

seems like I found a friend

After the link was posted in the thread, I thought to go in undercover too. Looks like we met each other.
Picture for proof.
Godspeed, user.

we were asked to meet up with some dude in the bar so we're doing that now

I figured you nut

seems like this guy was just wanting to test his emp mixture but he doesn't know how to do it properly, that's what I'm getting at with these kinda servers, full on roleplay but no robustness

There really needs to be a fucking traitor round to screw shit up.

I think there is but he's really bad tbh

these people are still at it

Just poor form really.

this has a really neat perma/brig, I'm really digging all these places actually, just maintenance is really lacking as well as some offices

I think I missed something big

false alarm they're just stuffing the fucking giant snake thing with slimes for some DEGENERATE reason

DEGENERATES

after such a display we go to the only reasonable place one would go, to get wasted

Greyshits being valid but able to respawn would be alright, but then that would lead to greyshits flooding the station.
Perhaps something like 1 or 2 respawns per round.

the station will be filled with greyshirts regardless so there's not much difference there

Detect if greyshirt body is inside brig, if so, don't allow respawns for the linked ckey. Add a bigger morgue to brig.

this server is so fucking boring holy shit there's supposed to be 33 people on and there's nothing happening

IT'S TIME FOR FUN

we couldn't get it back to the station sadly, no fun for us, however it seems like atmospherics is really robust in this code

WEW

you know what you did

Did you change the display to 'Degenerate Scum?'

yes I did

we've come to the end of our adventure with VORE station

and it was completely degenerate and I lost a arm in the process

Next thread?

yeah tbh

Ah, looks like I've missed a nice chat about security. Something I'm rather passionate about, as someone who plays a lot.

What I believe, more than anything, we need is a proper set of laws, actually in the game.
Laws that don't give criminals a slap on the wrist, either. Most crimes are punished by mere minutes in jail. Not even in the excess of 10, most the time. The amount of time I spend stripping and interrogating people tends to result in their supposed 'time served' being already done, because it is simply too short.
On the other hand, sec doesn't know what to arrest for, half the time. We have no clear legal system, we have no clear set of what we must do, for standard behavior. We have no reasoning for what constitutes 'evidence' beyond 'whatever the mods say when someone you arrest ahelps and gets you jobbanned".
Obviously, not very good.

Lawyers, incidentally, are completely useless because of all this. No laws, means no legal grandstanding jargon.

This'd make a good spoiler.

wish more interesting shit happened in the round, it was all so very boring tbh

From what I understand of vorestation, having played on it a while back, it seems pretty relaxed for all the 'WE HAVE VORE AND FURRIES'.
Nobody's very robust, but at the same time, nobody's a dick. The net result is very little tends to happen. It's more of an RP server, I guess.

yeah but at least citadel has stuff that happens

it seems like citadel is nu/tg/ and vore is nu/cm/

Well I've been trying to think of this shitty gamemode for a while
Then its scattered since there's no continuation. I was thinking of building a INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS pyramid(Pyramid is very small compared to actual pyramids, about /tg/ megafauna size) using materials scattered in a area the agents can open portal to. Once complete it'll can defend itself by firing lasers and occasionally emitting a stunning psychic wave, think a Mania Motor + Ocular Warden form clockwork cult fused into one.

Please don't hate.

basically cult or revs or gang then

Revs doesn't build anything to take over the station. At maximum I suppose it gets close to gang because of the dominator lategame, if you really stretch the definition?

I think that if you expend upon your idea it more I may take less issue with it

That's because you're looking at it from the wrong perspective.
It isn't the gameplay element you should be focusing on. It's the story element. Where does the 1 world government fit in to established lore?
Also, it'd be one-universe government, anyway.

Why are they at odds with Nanotrasen?
What do they intend to do with the advance plasma research facility?
What is their end game?
What are their resources?
What is their modus operandi?
What are their rules of engagement?

Well this one is easy because Earth Governments being dragged into one singular entity is CONFIRMED on /tg/station. Blame Steelpoint.
If they already dominated space this whole thing would be useless and they'd move on anyways.

They're in odds with most companies because they have too much power on space. Nanotrasen has confirmed soldiers like the deathsquad, but the citizens must be unarmed for the good government to step on
If you mean in-game, taking command of Nanotrasen's plasma station. Out of game, conquering space.

I intended my post as a joke about 13's seemingly cursed remakes, but the progress is impressive.

Earth, yes, but Earth is a measly single planet.
All-powerful governments aren't going to be single-planet in the space era. That's reserved for backwards outer rim colonies.
At least make their goal the domination of all of space. Make them a "Federation of Assorted Terran-Associated Star Systems", instead.

See, now, we've got something to work with. Namely, your goal is not the murder of the crew. They're going to be peaceful like, of a sort. Non-lethal, anyway. You're wanting to cease power of the station away from those dirty heartless corporate bastards who'd murder their own crewmen. Give them brainwashing chips ala Nanotrasen Loyalty Implants, stun guns, tranquilizers, and so on. Focus on the non-lethal part, and the "Imminent Domain" aspect. They're big-government spooks who want to take over for the Greater Good.

Which is exactly why it makes no sense to be a "One World Government". One world implies one world.
But you skipped a lot of questions. Why do they want the plasma research facility? Proof of Nanotrasen's wrongdoing, allowing them to swoop in with government mandates and control? Secure plasma for government shuttles and researching?

Yep I am skipping a lot of questions. Anyways.
At best they'll be able to give people lesser implants that makes their enemies unable to attack them, but outright conversion is a no-no. The big thing is that citizens don't get to join the big boys club.

Mate, in your lore, just how many planets have been populated so far? 2? 10? 40? We're at 2200 years since since the birth of Christ officially, all I have heard about space so far is is rock mining and station building, /tg/ has the ash planet. Baystation is probably the only one with multiple planets populated, and even then I don't know much about that but it seems that most alien species only have 1 planet in their thumb(I could be wrong, of course, but still).

That's what I was thinking of. Essentially a passive "IGNORE ME" type setup.

If you've got a fully-manned deep-space plasma research facility capable of getting fast response from rescue shuttles, sometimes attacked by a rival corporate interest with their own fast speed ship, you've got to have at least basic colonies on two odd worlds. Any colony on more than one world means that a "ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT" is fucking useless trash. It's only one fucking world. Big whoop. You got Earth. We're out in deep space, now. What's your jurisdiction? You're one WORLD, remember?

Anyway, the level of assets a single company has implies we're at least putting some basic shit down on our local solar system. We've got an advance plasma research facility capable of getting resupplies from CentCom in a handful of minutes, thanks to Cargo, so clearly they've got some kind of logistical network. Having everything come straight from Earth would be retarded, when you're talking at least as far as the asteroid belt.

you could have it as a resistance fighter type deal were they wish to free their planet of control via cutting off "connections" to said world

Mate I don't know but one world is a big deal. You might have your perspectives twisted by your sim games where you dominate around 100 planets endgame and each planet generates a small surplus of minerals and credits or whatever it is they use and have populations are at the millions when our earth has at least 7 billion people(and will have more in the future), but anyways, having a whole world under your government is kind of a big deal, even so if I don't get the notes on how many planets are dominated currently. All I know is that central command has a few mining planets here and there but they don't leave civilian centers or anything in those after they're done mining, so they have to hire form planet earth. Again, this might change if we're on baystation lore, but until then.
Actually even if we consider baystation, I'm going to call multiple governments which officially represent themselves as only having one world under their thumb. What's the point of a secretive group spilling their secrets?

One world's a big deal to the scope of things, yeah. Except space is big, and if your government puts itself out there as "ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT", it ain't exactly going to go and expand beyond that one world, now, is it?

Even if you say that then the goverment must be one world to fit the freemason themes REEEEEEEE also as I said what would be the point of a mission to conquer space companies if you already rule space.
Talking about Freemason themes, I realized that it could be something else written in latin, but it sounds wrong.

Here's an idea that could be played around with. Instead of having some antagonist that goes around causing chaos and making sure the shuttle gets called early, how about a game mode that is all about staying on the station for as long as possible. Like maybe have some structure in the middle of the station that benefits the station but increasingly causes more and more problems the longer its turned on. Rather than having one predetermined win state, have it like a score, as in the longer the machine is turned on the more score you get. the round would end when the machine gets destroyed. Is this a good idea or has this been tried before?

Okay but… what is the score for? And where are the antags to use my R&D'd guns on? machine can spawn those nevermind.

Well I'm just spit balling here but in game it could be like mined plasma, money or some other valuable shit. Whatever you can think of that seems valuable. As for whats the point of score well maybe there could be some ingame benefit for reaching certain thresholds of score. Overall though It would kind of just a score attack mode where getting the score is the point of it. Maybe there would be some kind of leader board or some shit but maybe I'm just full of shit and this wouldn't work

well I think you may have a idea there but honestly it needs some kinda antag to come ruin it rather then anything. like it could be a dead space copy and I'm just saying that because I made this sprite where you have to build some not markers and once that's done they turn on and people go mad and the name of the game could be to take it to a certain point on the map and hold it for a select time while fending off not necromorphs and maddness

Well I was either thinking that A. The machine causes nearby space carp and other monsters to attack the station and the machine with it or B. The machine grabbes the attention of some group (probably the syndicate) and the longer the machine is on the more ghost roles become available for antag operatives and the more weapons and shit these antags would start with. Maybe it could be a mixture of the two or something.

tbh it needs to be something new and different

Well what kinds of monster or antags haven't been done? Maybe instead of syndicate it could be space raiders or something?

there's so little actually decent monsters

Whatever the enemies are the most important thing about the mode would be the escalation of dangers. not just having more enemies but stronger variants of them with stronger weapons, tougher armor, bigger claws etc. It should get to a point where no matter how robust the crew are they won't be able to survive forever

well having everyone die be the requirement is abit silly over all, there should be a winning condition that's not easy or well known

Well how do you make a mode that encourages the crew to stay on the station for as long as possible and have a win condition? I mean maybe having meeting a certain threshold of score mean the station wins anyway even if the machine gets destroyed? But if you have that then do you have any incentive to keep going after the threshold?

well have it so that it's actually a timer which when it reaches it end opens up a portal to a beach which randomly spawns somewhere on the station

I don't know. Doesn't a timer go against the idea of going for as long as possible? I mean yes there should be some win con I just don't know how to do it

well a score which keeps on going up with a win con is just a timer anyways

That's probably the only way to do it. It seems doable, we just need to figure out the little details like what does the machine actually do for lore purposes, what benefits and rewards you get for keeping the machine alive, and who's trying destroy it.

I told you bro, not necromorphs

Ok so lets say its not necromorphs, how do you become one, does it happen randomly to random crewmembers and is there a way to prevent yourself from going mad

you die and your corpse is converted by a converter type not necromorph you become one. I think it should happen randomly but only to corpses. to not go mad could be as simple as having a certain drug in your system which if you take alot of could make you OD and the limit to od could get smaller and smaller depending on how much your body has absorbed

That could work. Might encourage people to use the incinerator more. So is the idea that machine is turning people insane? If so what is the machine actually doing. Is it like calling out a distress beacon or something similar and a byproduct of doing that causes insanity? Or maybe the machine is some kind of specialized harvester that is breaking apart some valuable crystal or something and the byproduct of that is insanity?

also you can have the not necromorphs have organs which once eaten increase your OD limit for said drug

how about "you have X amount of time before the station enters a nebulous which will cause everyone to die and transform into monsters if you don't build this machine which will protect against the effects of the nebulous by 90%" which is enough for the maddening effect to happen

I was assuming the the machine was already built, or atleast easily built with the parts provided at the start of the round. So if you don't start with the machine already built, how do you build it? Do you need to order the parts through cargo or need RnD to research of to build it?

also once the organ is harvested the corpse could disappear some place else randomly then after x amount of time return into not necromorph but stronger

The revivnig thing form above is cool and all, but
The machine is actually a bluespace retrieval machine used to scour the subspace for any bagged items. Nanotrasen is trying to test it out to figure out how to retrieve items form bluespace remotely, among other things.
The bluespace machine can sometimes take a item form a scientist with a bluespace backpack or something else with the name "bluespace" on it, but that's very rare. The main reason nanotrasen put it in their station is because they think the security crew is ready to test a theory: Top scientists within Nanotrasen are afraid that it may serve as a attack vector for syndicate workers or attract other bluespace anomalies, and their fears are right.

LOCKED UNTIL 20 MINUTES PASS: Bluespace anomaly is located by the syndicate. Poorly armed syndicate scouts might attempt to research the location by coming over through realspace.
LOCKED UNTIL 1 HOUR PASSES: Bluespace Kudzu can now naturally spawn anywhere on the station. Bring the botanists. Also, syndicate sends armed troops through the locked-in bluespace signal now, so expect enemies to spawn near it.
LOCKED UNTIL A WHILE I GUESS THIS CAN HAPPEN WHENEVER: A CMO in another station has been using bluespace body bags as a morgue. Dead corpses might drop by with viruses and unrelated dangers… The station starts getting VERY spooky now

but have an secondary concept for the time attack machine you noted.
Opinions?

I would say the parts needed are kept in engineering just right off the bat but you can improve it with stuff from RD and ordered from cargo

that just seems like random events but with a reason now tbh, though not bad as such

I like this Idea, although we come back the problem of how the crew wins.

Nobody wins a "time attack".
Alternatively, maybe a random event past a few hours can be used to upgrade the machine to stop it form being unstable. If it happens, everyone involved is permitted a promotion form Nanotrasen and crew wins a major victory.
Second alternate ending is someone finding a reinforced metal that stabilizes space around it. Can be used to destroy the machine's bluespace shield, and let the crew escape form Nanotrasen's dangerous device. Maybe looted form a away mission? By destroying the machine, crew wins a minor victory.

Well syndicate stuff already exists, all you need is a sprite for the machine and to program a timer for things to go off. Doesn't seem impossible to do

I'm not spiderfag reeeee

any amount of work is too much work

if he read the thread he could figure it out ez tbh

This SS13 we're talking about. There's flocks of autists playing this game just waiting to spend their lives working on stupid shit. If they weren't why this game continue to be updated today?

because they don't want you to change their death match game tho

you three faggots have been shitposting since 4 fucking AM in the morning and i have seen zero of you playing fucking video games.

Actually, good idea.
Video games?

Will on on 40k's snows and stake out bar. See if i don't get shot by some cultist shitters so i can roleplay about digging inna trench all day.

new thread lads

I mean >>>12914969

I think I'm retard