Black Mesa Source

Is this shit even worth it anymore?

Last I heard, they finally fixed the Surface Tension level so that it is its proper length, but for some reason On A Rail got cut down permanently despite one of their team members releasing an individual add-on that restored it to its original length. And apparently they're releasing the Xen sections in December.

Plus, you have to pay for it now, despite the devs repeatedly insisting that it is a labor of love and will be completely free.

And their fanbase fucking ate it up.

Just another victim of "Modders deserve to be paid" :^)

Where's the green? It's supposed to look organic, instead it just looks like reused canyon assets with coral reef slapped on

It looks to me like they thought
EVERYTHING MUST BE CAVE

It has enough content to be called its own game. It started out as a mod, yeah, but now it's basically a full-on game.
The only problem I have with it is that they're selling it when it's unfinished. That's it.

So, what, they looked at Xen from the first Half-Life and thought it needed to look like a CGI cartoon environment?

Both Surface Tension and On A Rail were significantly shorter that in the original, with Surface Tension only eventually restored to full length because some other guy took the time to build it and the fans kicked up enough of a shitstorm for the devs to steal and implement it. On A Rail is still 1/3 of its original length with, again, some other guy creating an add-on to expand it, and the only thing that's been apparently "expanded" is Xen which hasn't even fucking been released yet.

If they wanted money, they should have a new game entirely, not a graphical update mod.

*have made a new game

I played it back when it was free, like 5 years ago. And if it's still not finished you'd have to be retarded to buy it

No.
The "mod" started out free, but was unfinished. That was okay. Now they actually want you to BUY their UNFINISHED mod for a game you already paid for. So again, no, don't even bother with it.

After the paid mods shit, they gotta be thinking of a way to get paid more.

Oh no,not that level that's boring and overly long and already mostly skippable in the original.
Black Mesa Source still sucks for various reason

Ayo hol up, do you mean that they will release the Xen chapters as DLC?

Yes, since everything before xen is still available for free.

I played through the entire mod and my only complaint is that they put an obnoxious nigger named hunter at the lab before you enter the xen portal. Besides that I see nothing wrong with the game if you have already played the original HL1.

Wasn't this game finished?

No.

Pirating mods.

I'm definitely gonna buy it once it comes out, these guys have been working hard over this and they've done a fucking good job.

>mfw gaben plays the finally fixed Xen and falls back in love with HL

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Filtered for terrible bait.

Oke?

the currently available black mesa source is the worst version of the original half-life to play.

I still dont understand the purpose