Bloodstained/Castlevania Thread

What are your thoughts on Bloodstained so far?

Also Castlevania is fine too

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.jeuxvideo.com/preview/673631/e3-2017-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-une-pale-copie-de-castlevania.htm&edit-text=&act=url
gamemp3s.net/2010/04/02/die-monster-you-dont-belong-in-this-world/
thepiratebay.org/torrent/6786796/Castlevania_OST_Collection
sonixgvn.net/dies-irae-interview-with-kaziklu-bey-original-mini-album-dominus-tecum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I haven't been paying much attention to it.

Why does the Yakuza ruin everything?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about pachinko you piece of shit?

Crafting is the second shittiest inclusion to the Castlevania series introduced by Dawn of Sorrow.

Give me OoE2.

Pachinko =/= Pachislot

The new pachinko machines kick ass faggot

fags

Looks very meh. Could turn out to be another stinker like Might No. 9, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

are we being invaded by japanese salarymen from 2ch?
and why is it that one can never find the MGS pachinko webum when one needs it the most?

No, I mean, he had a problem with people saying something bad about pachinko, but it wasn't pachinko, it was pachislot which can be completely rigged since it is not the same system.

the demo seemed promising then they went full Mighty No.9 and I lost all hope.

Hit me with some good Castlevania fangames anons. Also how about that lecarde chronicles 2
Also also, how about that Castlevania animu

How did they go MN9?

Well it doesn't have a crazy SJW community manager but their is a ton of evidence that this is just a get rich quick scam like MM9 with the project already changing hands several times and little to no real progress to report as they continuously ask form more money form the backers.

The most I expect out of bloodstained is a decent OST, and even that isn't really a sure bet considering how terrible MN9's was.

Well shit, it looked nice.

the demo is fun and this new footage is a sign they are finally back on track but that was a year ago and if this new footage is any indication they spent an entire year on that single boss because a majority of the other assets where already completed. IGA has endless YouTube videos apologizing for yet another set back.

The backgrounds look horrible, I'm not looking forward towards this game. They should have made it 2D pixel art.

Will turn out to be.

Anyone who still had any hope when they went from hand drawn sprite has initially sold on to 2.5D is a dumbass.
But if that's not enough for you, here's a review from a french site which usually gushes about fucking everything.
translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.jeuxvideo.com/preview/673631/e3-2017-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-une-pale-copie-de-castlevania.htm&edit-text=&act=url

I was expecting a Castlevania with a KOF 13-tier pixel art.

Once I saw they wanted to take the stingy route, I lost most of my interest in the game.

Tell me the winning number of the lottery tomorrow, crystal ball guy

Looks shit, looking back the only Igavania I enjoyed was Symphony of the Night, it was probably the best one, the art style is so far ugly as fuck, that boss looks neat though, why they thought that bringing back the cancer of grinding for abilites was a smart idea is lost on me.

At least it isn't Shenmue 3, now that holy shit that looks like a turd, wouldn't surprise me if it became the new gold standard for kickstarter failure.

I dled this but haven't played it, is it good? Didn't much care for the first one though. I'm not gonna lie, that's a pretty cool death.

There are at least several thousand lottos running at any given time. Any two digit number I gave you would be correct. You niggas need to learn how to auspice. This is why you keep getting fucked over be genies.

At this point I don't see how even the normalfags could continue to throw shekels at kickstarter games, every single big kickstarter project that isn't named "Shovel Knight" has been a massive disappointment.
Also threadly reminder that same kike manager who works for Inafune and originally convinced him to go to kickstarter is also in the employ of IGA. Take from that what you will, I would love for Bloodstained to turn out alright, but I won't hold my breath.

It's gonna be good. I'm glad there's not too much hype for it because I don't think it's gonna be groundbreaking. But I do expect a comfy Castlevania adventure with some good style, good design and a qt 3.14 protagonist.

It's good, it's just more of a simon's quest type of thing than a full blown metroidvania.
The first is also pretty neat, it's more of a classicvania, but it has a few issues mostly stemming from how amatuerish it is. It looks ugly, it's sometime's buggy, the controls cannot be rebound and it has a great deal of bullshit with the musket skeletons since they can sometimes shoot you off screen or the second you entire a new screen.

Because she's a girl

could you like
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
,not

Post some castlevania music god damnit

I will agree with several anons in this thread that the graphics look like fucking garbage, but honestly I'm just starved for good Metroidvania games so I'll probably buy it.

Aria of Sorrow is the best Castlevania

Wisdom, friend.

Bloodlines is legit the best classicvania

Gameplay wise it looks good
Graphic wise it looks meh
Spritework is way better for this type of game, it also makes it more fast paced. Waiting on enemies to do their frames on 3D makes it slower and clunkier, or at least clunkier looking

Nevertheless I will play it because It's an iga metroidvania and it won't disappoint.

Speaking of which, how was Lords of Shadow trilogy? Gameplay wise and ost wise.

What if it does disappoint?

Then we move on

Konami games for the Genesis were quite interesting. Upping the difficulty added more bosses and changed the ending.
Lotsa good times with this game and Rocket Knight Adventures.

I've been itching for a new CV experience and I can overlook the 3D graphics if the art direction is solid but I'm still concerned about "fan made content". I'm not gonna get hyped for this only to run into some furfag's godawful OC or e-celeb dipshit shoving his little joke into it. And I might flip my shit if fuckin' Shovel Knight pops up.

None of them are good if your looking for a Castlevania game to play , but at least the first one was a solid God of War clone that surpasses God Of War in terms of it's gameplay (also had really nice art design), the other two LoS games are complete an utter trash that should be ignored though.

How unfortunate.
Giving LoS's ost a skim, so far it seems to be nothing but generic orchestra.
Say, I'm looking for music very much like this or SSH's Travel Demon. Esentially organ heavy music, I don't know what to call it. Gothic?

Into the fucking trash it goes. I just don't fucking get it, is it because 2D requires time and effort? Welp, fuck it, I am going to keep playing old 2D games like old metroids (not gonna bother with Ninty's shit QTE Metroid 2) and I'll just play SF3.

In case your unaware the original LoS was already well into development as a new IP by Mercury Steam and it was just supposed to be called "Lords of Shadow". Konami liked what they saw and decided to publish it, but they forced Mercury Steam to attach the Castlevania name to the project. Basically if you want to enjoy the game just pretend it's not Castlevania because it isn't.

I think the LoS series had a lot of potential. I have no idea how they could fuck up so badly with the sequels. MoF is the absolute worst Castlevania game I've ever played. I'll pick up Simons Quest, the Game Boy games and even Judgment from time to time. But I've never gotten the urge to replay MoF(or LoS2 for that matter).

There's a massive official album that has every OST from the first game to the last arcade. At the time, I got a torrent but it's been eons ago and I've no idea if it's still active. Here's the link, just in case:
gamemp3s.net/2010/04/02/die-monster-you-dont-belong-in-this-world/

There's also tons of fan albums and some official arranged ones.

I'm a sucker for pipe organ music too so I know that itch all too well.
CV is the best for that but Soulcalibur series have a lot of it too, there's Rosenkreuzstilette (a CV-esque indie game), Catherine by Fatlus (OST remixes a lot of well known classical tunes), NieR has a bit of it (this OST is a must, regardless)., Giga Wing 2 and Death Smiles (arcade shooters).

That was excellent, thanks a lot user.

Here's a torrent, too. Still has seeders.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:78391a13295d113c8e1bede08cda417d4c8d989f&dn=Castlevania+OST+Collection&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

thepiratebay.org/torrent/6786796/Castlevania_OST_Collection

You all are my niggers.

Here comes a new challenger

I fucking hate this shit. Despite this I really like the art-style and I'll withhold my judgement until I try it.

Looks like shit tbh. Expecting a MN9 shit again.

Is hollow knight any good? I've heard mixed things.

Glancing my folders, I forgot mentioning the Bayonetta games, Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne, Resident Evil Code Veronica and RE Darkside Chronicles (because it has CV remixes).
And a random album I happened upon while scavenging for vidya tunes - sonixgvn.net/dies-irae-interview-with-kaziklu-bey-original-mini-album-dominus-tecum/

Didn't mention before but there's always J.S. Bach. After all, when most people think pipe organ music, Toccata and Fugue is probably the first thing to come to mind.

Polite sage.

It was created by a SJW, so that make it bad by default

Don't provide proof to your claims.

shillfag for another kikestarter game shits on competion? say it isn't so

I'm moderately hyped about it, i still don't like the 2.5D aesthetics though.

Good shit, i'll give it priority seeding when i finish downloading.

Gameplay looks interesting but MC design looks like shit.

Thread is dying, initate defensive shitposting countermeasures
Oy vey goys this is going to be epic and great.
No seriously, is this thing going to be good?

I actually picked it up because I heard good things about it from Holla Forums. I'm a good bit in and it's super solid, but it does take a good few hours to open up completely. Compare that to say, metroid, where you're exploring off the bat.

I don't give a shit who makes the games I play so long as their ideology doesn't seep into it. That said I've also seen no evidence or indication that HK was worked on by SJWs

Characters look very forgettable (admittedly, that's better than being "memorable" like CV Judgment), this is being lended by a Konami that no longer gives a fuck about the IP, not even a note from a classic theme in that music and if they're going for the Impaler angle, expect some rightthink propaganda to be injected into this.

Back to Bloodstained, I hope it has some memorable side villains. That's always been one of my favorite things in the CV series.

You forgot the coolest side villain.
Alucard turned to shaft saying, "You who love the monster truck rally so much, go join it"
never forget.

Is the main character based on the Abyss Watchers?

check'd
had my eye on this for a while, might be good
im not gonna buy it though

What do you think nigger?

Please tell me this game has hotkeys and you won't have to go through this tedious bullshit every time.

Nigger, you do that in previous Metroidvanias, it's part of the experience. Quit being a pampered millennial PCuck that just got off from >>>/reddit/

I fucking love this artstyle. It also feels more reminiscent of classicvania than anything else, which is fine by me.

I don't see much *souls influence, to be honest. Again, looks more like classic-style Castlevania with a darker, edgier tone.

You sound like a faggot, but you're also kinda right regardless.

Making potions easy to use in CV would kill it and make it too easy. Making it intentionally annoying makes you less likely to spam consume them to be honest, and I'll usually try to just not get hit to avoid the annoyance of having to even use potions to begin with. I rarely used them in CotM or AoS for this very reason.

MY FUCKING NEGRO

It's my favorite CV tune of all time, if not my favorite vidya tune of all time.

I've been meaning to make my own re-arrangement of it that uses that particular badass guitar riff as an intro, but segues into the higher tempo and awesome organ arpeggios in the original version.

However, I am painfully fucking lazy

and I work too goddamn much to be creatively motivated

Give it a cooldown or limit the amount you can carry, make it heal slow, all of the above, whatever. Just don't force this obnoxious bullshit on me when I could easily map it to a key.

Yeah, that can work too. Admittedly it only makes sense for handhelds which have terribly limited control schemes to begin with.

Anyone else remember the good old days of blender Somas and Alucards fucking shit up?
Please god let Kamiya make that Getsu Fuma game he mentioned wanting to make on Twitter a while back

That's not how you spell Order of Ecclesia.

Order of Ecclesia is second best, obviously. To be honest I only first played OoE for the first time a few months ago. It's already my second favorite Castlevania but nothing beats AoS for me

This could be my mistake, I recall them using the garbage term souls-like on their Kikestarter but it seems I may have been mistaken

Don't get me wrong, Soma's one of my favorite protagonists in terms of design, but OoE knocked the Sorrow duology off number one for IGAvanias in my book. Yeah I have the Sorrow duology together because I can't choose my favorite between them, wanna fucking go?

How about just quit being a faggot and actually play Castlevania you fucking faggot. Then come back to see how retarded you sound.

Well, lucky quads got that covered.

The character looks like he was "assembled" by Fashion Souls. The helm is atrocious - either cone or face, both don't mesh.

For Yamane's first time with the series, she really knocked it out of the park.

It was touched upon in a semen demon topic but I do wonder if mainstream nip games will be this lewd again? I can't imagine something like pic related happening in this day and age.

I want to protect Shanoa's smile

there's no smile to protect after the true ending
reminder that Albus Mode ending was literally the only good ending

Finally, I get to experience an authentic souls-like experience in this souls-looking game, brimming with dark souls-like aesthetics and battle mechanics!
Truly, a real delight for us souls fans and 2D platformer fans alike, bringing the authentic souls-like experience to the tried and tested world of 2D platformers, with a souls-like twist!
Remarkable!
Truly, a game to behold. A real souls-like experience.

FEATURING SOULS-LIKE FROM THE SOULS MAY LIKE(Trademark Souls) SERIES

David Hayter is going to be in this game

it's gonna be good

Soulscucks need to be thrown in an incinerator. I'm sick of them infecting everything.

Is he still salty about not being in MGS V?