Video game autism

Tell us about your video game related autism and how it affects you.

Other urls found in this thread:

behindthename.com/random/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll start:

I only buy non disc consoles because I hate the fact there's lots of moving parts inside the system making it "less reliable" than simpler technology.

Well, I'm pretty fucking picky when I play games.

>>>/4am/

OH GOD I CLICKED IT

What was it like user?

>>>Holla Forums

I've been nuzzlocke-ing every pokemon game since before it was a thing.

I have OCD
I guess it does affect me.
sometimes i have to twitch and get the bad vibes go away in the middle of gaming, mainly only MMOs. It does happen in casual games when levels for good vibes so i get more stats on lvl up or something to get good rng

honestly, its tiresome. Surprisingly in many other games it doesnt manifest.

It was like hairy ass sweat, expired eastern candy, oversprayed fragance, morning breath, super concentrated farts, skid marker underwear, lack of attention as a child, heavy desperation and daddy issues.

Never do that again.

user, why.
Also
DRAMA INCOMING
VIDEOGAMES?

I can't kill NPCs if there are non-lethal alternatives available.
I can't play RNG-based games without having autismal shitfits every time a guy with a 2% chance to hit lands a crit on me or something like pic related happens.
Also it's not really autism but I think my hands are kind of fucked up. If I try to play a fighting game or something similar, eventually the joints in my fingers start locking up constantly. It's unbearable.

I thought this was an autism thread

No, its a "vidya autism you have" thread.

I thought this was the designated shitting thread, sorry.

I can't get into videogame arguments where the other person says he can do something I can't without asking for "proof" every 5 seconds.

It also makes my autistic bone tickle when I ask them to repeat it 10 times consecutively. I don't know why. It just makes me feel good.

Is that a Jew?

I get it

Post more please

keep going

i like undertale
:^(

@miteinano has a bunch. Not particularly high quality though.

This and unable to use consumables unless absolutely neccesary. Also have to do every single side quest before continueing the main story but I guess thats just normal in vidya Kingdoms of amalur was pretty much ruined because of that playstyle though

Fuck, I know that one

I just hate consumables because I don't know if the optimal game experience was balanced around using none, some, or a lot.

Too hit or miss, post herung.

I went through most of Resident Evil 4 using only the Handgun, and not to challenge myself but rather because I was being EXTREMELY conservative with all my other weapon types.

That's all one girl, fuck you.

im a big fan of huge tits but even this is pushing it. I don't like giant tits to look like overinflated water balloons about to have gravity tear them off their chests.

I post on Holla Forums

Who Are You Quoting?

I prefer heavy tits to spherical faketits

Except most of the tits you're posting are pretty fake considering they don't fit on the frame of those girls.

At least I can force myself to use some consumables on a 2nd playthrough even though my inner autist screams out. Had fun unloading a shitload of magnum bullets on pieces of shit in RE4

Not talking about realism, just physics. I want big juicy droopy hanging tiddies.

Lesbians. I want to kill them all. Whenever I see one in a video game I get the urge to kill them because of my insecure mind. Why are they taking the women I want? I guess this has led me to believe there is a force out there trying to destroy civilization through lesbians taking women. It hasn't really affected my life since I will never have the balls to go out and do something about my insecure thoughts. However, I derive some joy in saying this online.

Top tier taste, user

Are you the dyke cucked user?

Just trying to see if I can summon him and his ilk since this thread is up their alley

Looks like you won't be getting affected by the disk rot problem of early disc media.

I feel the pain, but only when it's a consumable you can't buy in an in-game shop.

On an unrelated note,
The only game I can tolerate this in is Supreme Commander, anywhere else and it kills the autism.

Is there a non-lethal option?
Yeah?
That means there is no lethal option.

Welcome to the final mystery, Jindosh.

I am completely incapable of buying consumables. Fuck buying potions, ammo or whatever, I can use this money for long term shit.

Like what?

Don't worry, that's normal
Games usually give out consumables anyway
I have aversion to using them. I always prefer to use the stuff that regenerates.

When I play RPGs I have to recite the lines and picture the scene perfectly.

Upgrading weapons/armor or anything else. If I'm playing good enough I shouldn't be using those anyway. And if I have too much money then situational consumables > general consumables always.

Nordic nose, so I doubt it.

Isn't that Egoraptor's wife?

No, this is.

Observe the following:
"Undertale"

Arin's a cuter girl than his wife

I keep fucking thinking about a shitty one year old meme game and what it's implications really were. Since it was, as someone with brain trauma put it, "like looking at an M.C Escher through swiss cheese" I can't fucking tell what the hack of a writer and developer's fucking intentions were. Every time I think, a new path opens up and I have to re-examine the shit again and again. I've been fucking doing this for too fucking long, but I fucking can't stop thinking about it and it's driving me fucking mad Jesus fucking Christ.

And everyone thought that dragon dildo on his shelf was just a joke.

What game?

Every time I look at her pictures she keeps getting uglier

does the video game star a hipster dressed like a lumberjack?

focus on the Memegame

To make it even worse, remember Arin's wife has an identical twin sister, that LOOKS better because she seems to have realized the flaws of her face and adjusted hair/make up to make them less noticeable.

The twin sisters are basically a real life "before and after" image.

I don't know anything about memegames, man.
Undertale? It's over a year old.

I think it's the lower body fat, Suzy looks like a pig

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yes

I play and enjoy Warframe. I dont think I have to explain further.

I'm an extremely punctual dude in real life, I can't bear the thought of being even one minute late, or indeed any less than 10 minutes in advance or so in case some shit goes down.
Probably as a direct result, I cannot stand overarching time limits like purso owner, it feels like there's a sword of Damocles handing over me pressuring me to do all available shit in a very optimized route, which I otherwise never do. Only game with a time limit where that was bearable was Lightning Returns, and that's because it gives you time stopping powers and you quickly find out the limit is generous as shit anyway. Still getting things done as early as I can though.

I cant stand time limits either, still managed to enjoy dead rising though.

How did you feel about Majoras Mask?

First day was a kick in the balls, but time control powers after that go a long way in negating the pressure. At the end of the day there's a big difference between a time limit with no do-overs, and one you know you can attempt over and over again without losing much time.

I'd have a crush on Aarin if he left his shitty alien mind controlling parasite, lost some god damn weight and became a femboy. Now he's getting old and I'm pretty skeptical that he'd be cute.
Lost potential tbh

faggots are not welcome here.

My apologies massah, I'll take my leave now.

Games that let me have multiple characters and also let me name them. Holy shit, I spend hours over that. Darkest Dungeon especially is my bane because I know they're going to die, but I put effort into their name and make up a personality for them.

Same way I feel. A lot of people bitch about the "time limit" but really, it's just a time limit for a particular area, where you can do it over easily. Majora's Mask is a puzzle game over everything else.

For most things that can be quantified, I can only have things in either 0 or 5 denominations, and I always try to keep it that way by any means possible, whether it be by selling, buying, dropping items, using items, not upgrading until I can reach that specific mark, or even grinding enemies to get more items if they're that common.

Unable to be satisfied when completing a level when your health is off even by 1. Must be able to collect and activate everything, even hidden shit. Must also talk to absolutely every NPC. Must also not use items if they can't be bought.
Not following results in loading the last saved game regardless of how far it's been.

Duplicate armor sets in my inventory in Souls games
That shit is torture

JUST LET ME PLAY YOU FUCKING NIGGER
If it weren't for behindthename.com/random/ I probably would have killed myself by now.

My inventory needs to be empty as much as possible, all the time. Sell everything or put it somewhere else. If I can't yet, I organize it.

BUT IT FUCKING ENRAGES ME WHEN THERE IS NO AUTO-ORGANIZE FUNCTION

JUST STOP PICKING IT UP
It irks me too, but I just get rid of that shit.

When I play Solitaire, I always have to pair the King of Hearts with the Queen of Clubs because of some reference to playing cards that G Gundam had(I don't even remember what it was or how it worked. I haven't seen the show since it aired on Toonami.) As an adult, I realize how stupid this is, but I've drilled this urge into myself since I was a small child, so now I can't stand to see them not paired up together. I've lost countless games of Solitaire because of this.

Whenever I play an RTS I'm always leaning more to base building. Autisticcally positioning guards at gates, patrols, lumberjacks outside the walls so they don't chop down my precious inner-town garden that I made. I make my little own adventures like capturing bases, relics, or just fighting battles. I even do the voices for my characters I make up.

>in any stealth game, I must neutralize every single guard. It doesn't matter how little threat he poses, how trivial he is to bypass, or whatever. If you wear a uniform that isn't mine, you're going to sleep onii-chan. I like clearing the whole level so that I can sprint back and forth freely as needed.
>every pokemon I catch, legendaries excluded, must have a nickname
>I play as a boyscout in any game with moral choices. I even managed to get the Jesus ending in Postal 2 the lengths Running with Scissors went to tempt you into violence is fucking admirable; even devilishly brilliant at times.
>I feel bad about myself when I fuck up the captcha and it gives me a new one that is patronizingly easy

Whenever I play shit like Fallout, I always make sure that I have at least two of every skill magazine, that my ammo evens out so that the clips/magazines/drums are factorials, and that my skill points are on 5 or 0.

I take screenshots and sometimes video obsessively. 90% of the time I don't even do anything with it and just leave it in a folder somewhere. I have come across some gems though. I only record if I find something interesting or something I could make dank OC out of, but I really do take a shitton of screenshots.

I fucking knew it. It's more than a year old though like he said.

Well, OP, at first I was just like any other person.
I'd play games, cheat at them while telling myself I was good when I was young, eventually realizing that was dumb and playing for real.
Eventually I started feeling guilty… And saw this fellow named DSP.
I realized, watching others mock and berate him and even make entire videos highlighting how to do the opposite of him that I realized I could do the same… In more ways than that.

So I at first decided to upload things showcasing things that hadn't been showcased, as little emphasis on myself as possible.
An emphasis on score, on minimalism where it didn't apply, and an emphasis on documenting the under or underdocumented cases, and on doing what nobody else was.

This ended up changing me, mostly by virtue of giving me a more goal oriented mindset. This lead to me getting a job that would force me into exercising more, and push me to physically improve myself in a way I wouldn't have time to otherwise.

I have overcome laziness through my autism, and videogames damned well helped me do it.

Wait whaaaaaaaat?! LGBT stands for lesbian, gay black and transgender? Why the fuck do black people think they belong into that list?

unf?

This was either the worst or the best idea I ever had

I hoard items for no real reason even if they're detrimental to the playthrough, i.e having like six guns in STALKER.

I too possess an unhealthy amount of screenshots and video.

I try to make what I can with it.

Any game with loot is a nightmare for me to play.
I can't make progress until I collect everything on floor and sell it. Leaving anything behind, even "trash" feels wrong to me.
Games with restricted inventory are the bane of my existence.

I really wish that you could see how each difficulty mode changes the game when you're selecting them in the beginning. Why do so few games do this?

Because they try to hide the fact that the only difference is that enemies do more damage and have more health.

define autism

It may come in handy, you know. What if you cross paths with an opponent that is really vulnerable to that one weapon you would otherwise have thrown away?

Decapitate or destroy all heads in nu-fallout or I feel like the head is "wasted".

I did a no death run of Xcom 2

With only with the lord's guidance, nigger can act like whites, albeit if they keep to themselves.

I've got this really weird trepidation about starting anything new. I'll keep it on my hard drive for months before actually starting it.

I only play games that you can't finish because the idea of finishing a game gives me severe anxiety.

Fortunately I am one of the world's foremost experts at interpreting shitty choices and bullshit. Undertale as a game is Toby's tribute to the Mother series. However, his views and opinions have warped his product to being more of a tribute of what he perceives or wants the Mother series to be; a pixelated game with a memorable soundtrack and story that evokes emotion within the player. Other elements that compound the issue is that Toby was and still is a liberal progressive as defined by major media, a person who wishes to see more sexual and racial minorities represented in games, as well as him having to outsource much of the programming and art of Undertale to internet friends and colleagues. Everdraed, a prominent media creator and Earthbound enthusiast hailing from Something Awful and also posted on their Undertale thread, now likely archived, helped provide the animation work for the neutral ending boss that is both mechanically and artistically designed to evoke the Giygas fight of Earthbound. Another compatriot of his is the inspiration for the Temmies, a stand in for the Mr. Saturns. He has deleted much of his early internet history leading up to him providing music for Homestuck, including his post mortem of his first of two Earthbound hacks, "Toby's Halloween Hack," likely to reinvent his internet identity as a quirky dog person thing, and so that no one could call him out on having an agenda. The aforementioned hack could be considered a proto Undertale, since it used a meta interface input, a "quirky" sense of humor, and headcanoning Dr. Andonut into a repressed gay individual. If considering the limited hacking tools of that time, the halloween hack could be considered a better technical effort on Toby's part that Undertale is. The LGBT aspects of Undertale are simply a continuation of Toby's past behavior in inserting minorities. The cult of personality or fandom surrounding the game is simply the combination of "quirkiness," fake retro aesthetic, and LGBT aspects hitting all the sweet spots for the tumblr and progressive audience in general.

Also I guess my autism is writing big unformatted blocks of text on random bullshit on the internet. At least I don't fucking double space every line.

I play Minecraft by doing nothing but mining stone en mass and building large, empty towers with it.