.hack remaster just announced

.hack remaster just announced

Either its a cash grab or a potential for a renewal of the series which could be more realistic that some might think since I believe naruto is finished which is mainly what CC2 was doing after .hack
apologies for shit thread or if I've missed something in the catalogue i am more than a little drunk

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/06/hackg-u-last-recode-remaster-collection-announced-ps4-pc
please
archive.fo/iVSfp
mega.nz/#!APgmyS6B!CAu2R5dPnkJCl5dTng4gesSuOz1BWzAPBBS7_P_nMB0
dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Carl
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I never played the games. Are they better than the manga?

AHHHHHHH HOLY SHIT THE MADMEN ACTUALLY DID IT. FUCK YESSSSSSSSS
NOW WHERE'S IMOQ YOU FUCKING MOONS.
I NEED MY HD BLACKROSE!!

IMO yes, the manga is limited in how much it can cover whilst the games have an extreme amount of interconnected lore and stuff that isn't covered in the manga (i.e. the games are the manga but more of it and expanded upon as well as the obvious gameplay), my only real complaint with the series is the slight repetitiveness of the dungeons.
depends which manga though, some merely add to the cannon.
Personally i'd love to see a revival since with modern hardware and budget virtually all of the issues with the series can be fixed.

Remaster the entire series or don't even bother.

Yeah but like wasn't it actually announced like a week ago..?

EAT SHIT SCALPERS

HOLY FUCK GOD DAMN I CAN'T CONTAIN THE HYPE Holla Forums!
YOU NIGGERS DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS GOD DAMN SERIES. I OWN ALL FOR ANOTHER BIRTH NOVELS.

Redoing Kites games would require a lot more work that Haseo's, don't get me wrong i'd prefer them too but hopefully if this does well and there's support for the originals they may get redone. From a business perspective it does make sense though and i think its fairly apparent CC2 are kinda forced into making certain games.

They fucking better if this is well received.
I need my best boy and best girl.

Im not going to lie, i didnt see any gameplay but the weeb in me says thats sick as fuck none the less. If i stop being a neet and can actually afford the game, im going to buy it.

Came here to post exactly this.

The Haseo at the end definitely looked different from standard. This might be more than just a simple HD remix.

the game had threads every day just before this announcement

clearly no shilling is going on

I saw no threads for this. Got links?
Also someone on halfchan pointed out that the Haseo at the end looks like a blade brandier.
Fuck yes

I may be wrong but from what I can see we weren't sure whether or not is was coming westward, there may have been shills fuck knows, here's some links to screenshots and updates and stuff

gematsu.com/2017/06/hackg-u-last-recode-remaster-collection-announced-ps4-pc

please use archive.is/2017/06/14/hackg-u-last-recodes-first-screenshots-give-us-glimpse-remaster/

NOBODY EVER LOOKS AT ME

archive.fo/iVSfp
sage cos fuck up

I liked the G.U. movie and rage Haseo getting calmed down by Atoli like something out of fucking Inuyasha.

Was about to say this as well. Been wanting to play Kite's games, but my computer is a toaster, and collecting the physical copies costs an arm and a leg.

I knew a coworker who owned all four of the IMOQ games as well as the G.U. trilogy. The bitch couldn't even remember the name for the healing spells and furthest she ever got was Skeith in Infection.
Should've bought them off her but lolnoPS2 and the Sonykikes think BC is worthless.

We had a thread about this a while ago
The details came out about it a while ago
It has a few QoL & things to increase the pacing, but it also has a lot more things to make the game easier

Lucky braud. I knew someone as well who had the collection, and the DVDs that came with it.

From what I've seen, the consoles aren't that much bad of a price range, and you can buy it for about $50. The game prices on the other hand are fucking ridiculous, especially Quarantine.

.hack is the poor man's Tales of games, in regards to action rpg combat.

Oh great, another re-release of an older game with updated graphix
Videogames are dead
DEAD

It is a game that needs a re-release as it is almost impossible to find a copy of any of the games.

You know that means that Denuvo is pretty much confirmed if it comes to PC, right?

who cares, it's being cracked in days if you can't afford a game

Well, they didn't add that shit on older games, like Tales of Symphonia.
Regardless, its as fragile as Steam nowadays, no fucking issue.

Honestly it has just become a perfectly good opportunity for another denuvofag salt thread.

Nice, I don't have any of the GU games, but do have 3/4 of the first .hack series. Hopefully the remaster those as well, the prices on those things are just ridiculous.

I pretty much fully completed the first gu game and have the second and third game and only started on the second game for a few hours my ps2 and memory card still work.
I wanna play it but i can't seem to want to play my backlog like ever

I don't care if it's a cash grab or whatever. I'm fucking getting it. GU was one of my favorite ps2 games.

So why people like .hack but hate SAO?
What's the biggest difference?

SAO is shit and .hack is not.

Isn't SAO have really terrible characters and is just a generic harem anime just set in a MMO? .Hack GU actually has good characters, has a little bit of waifu faggotry but the MMO actually feels like a real MMO and not just something slapped on.

.hack doesn't become a forced, emotionless, pathetic romance masquerading as a science fantasy in 4 episodes.

.hack doesn't have a shitty emotional christmas episode.

What about log horizon? Between SAO and .Hack where does that stand?
Are there games for log horizon at all?

Log Horizon is definitely better than SAO, but that's not a high hurdle to clear. LH develops its setting better than .hack, but .hack is better overall, and this is coming from someone who did enjoy LH. I don't think there's any LH games, which doesn't surprise me because a sandbox game like as Elder Tale wouldn't sell in the post-WoW, instant gratification era.

I can with certainty that by anime adaptations alone .hack rapes SAO with rusted barbwire.

Weren't those games inferior to the original four .hack games? Or did I miss out on something?

Well I watched only the very first hack anime and found it boring. SAO was meh but entertaining, but I absolutely loved Log Horizon and Overlord, except for the deliberate non-endings so they obviously can keep milking them, while SAO at least had real end.

My problem is after Log Horizon I felt the urge to play on of those open world MMOs with tactical cool based combat that looks so cool in anime, but no matter what game I try it's mind-numbingly boring - FF14, WOW, Archeage, you name it. And action MMOs obviously play differently.
As I understand all hack games are single player games that kinda set in MMO setting? Is there a real MMO that captures that feel from LH?

A shame that the original .Hack games aren't getting an HD collection yet, I would love to start at the first game. I never played any game in the series, mostly due to how expensive they can be and how each game is split into three or four disks that need to be bought separately, but I'm okay with starting here.

I forgot how trippy the openings for the games were especially Quarantine. Makes me really wish they made a HD remaster for the first four games.

tfw

You have shit taste. No spoonfeeding for you, kill yourself.

Figure I don't want to watch the trailer and get too hype.

Any PC or English release?

Too bad the PC port is gonna be poorly optimized, locked framerate and have denuvo.

Announced in japan, this is just a confirmation that the west is getting it.

Read the thread you stupid nigger.

Well good. No disappointment so long as localizers don't fuck us.

Not kind of. That's exactly what it is. .hack is set in an MMO called The World. All but one are offline games set in an MMO, but there actually was an MMO called .hack/Fragment that was literally just the gameplay of the first four games as an MMO. It was very short lived and Japan only, but there are private servers, I think. I don't know anything about those, though.

Elder Tale is based on those old school MMOs like Everquest, so take your pick there. Just be aware that community makes or breaks those games, and private server communities are generally shit.

And yet it will manage to be better than the PS4 version

I know people want to appeal to IMOQ, but i kn ow for a fact that anyone who actually played IMOQ knows how slow and redundant it gets with few animations in battle and alot of grinding, it would be nice for a remake of IMOQ, not a port. G.U. on the other hand by volume 3 and 4, becomes form management with combo juggling and is extremely entertaining in that aspect alone.

The same thing happened with Dead Rising. Greater irony still is that games have gotten so bad that they are starting to remaster mediocre games of the last gen. Strange times we are in.

Fat PS2 + IDE Drive + OPL 0.9.3 might be the answer you want. Good way to get around the issue of prices (as well as PS2 native region locking) and don't want to deal with, or can't use, PCSX2.

It was mentioned towards the end of the last .hack thread a few days back. Though, I think some anons are all too quick to claim shilling when there might just be some hivemind for discussion lately for whatever reason. I'd played G.U. recently and have brought it up (especially the music) into various threads, so maybe that had some prompting? Not sure.

.hack is an action JRPG series, with G.U. having the better (if somewhat easier) combat to it. From what I remember seeing in the last thread, an user translated a statement about what the new version is set to have, and it does include a number of gameplay tweaks (some I found to be valid points, and others I honestly wasn't real sure about). So, it's not quite a simple "HD" compilation, but still not a remake either.

Except Tales is (usually; barring Destiny and Eternia PS1) a lot cheaper. I like both series.

.hack//Sign is admittedly not for everyone, as the big focus is on interaction rather than combat (and in that way, it actually understands a focus of MMOs).

I only ever played the very first game of the first series, so this remake/collection actually excites me.

How is this surprising? The PS2 era was the last with consistently good games because devs couldn't try to patch their broken mess after release, and publishers couldn't cut the game in half and hold the other half hostage at $20+ a piece for however many pieces they think they can milk out of us. The result was that games had to make an effort to be complete, polished products back then, which resulted in higher quality games than we get now.

I always liked Haseo most personally. Surprised me about the boygirl tho. And balmung is a badass. Orca was cool too.

If there's denuvo they lost my almost guaranteed purchase. Assuming they didnt fuck the remaster up.

Haseo is a interesting take on the angst protag, he has reason to be edgy, his only social contact and love in life was put into a near death coma, and with only the limited amount of things he can do, he tries, its a videogame at that point of the story to him, he doesnt know what he can do besides start no-lifing The World and killing anything that kills others, such as the pk-ers.

Unlike other angsty protags he has reason to do so with is own merits, its not to say fuck you and kill, its to reason with his crippling depression and to also save Shino together

Not exactly disagreeing (proper internet in consoles has caused more damage than had benefits for the consumer in my opinion; fuck DLC and the "but we can just patch it" mindset), but it's sort of funny you bring that up in a thread about a series of games where people were expected to pay three to four times (depending on which subseries) to experience each game in full.

Actually, I take that back, seeing as you were speaking more in regards to combat (though the word choice of "poor man's Tales" is still funny when .hack costs so fucking much). That said, I do think it's worth remembering the difference in setting/nature for both: Tales is meant as fantasy with the characters themselves living in their own worlds and fighting their own monsters, while .hack is the player playing a "real-world" character playing a character in an MMO, and MMOs don't exactly have that great of combat themselves. .hack does try to get around some of the issues MMO combat has though, such as an actual block button replacing the "percent chance to block" element that MMOs tend towards.

I have the first 4 games and never even finished the first one for reasons I've long forgotten but my backlog is something like 15 years behind. I liked the game, but all I can remember is having to hit the menu button all the time to switch weapons often. Hopefully when they remake parts 1-4 as well they will fix this. The 3 chapters after were on my wishlist I've long given up on so I am glad they are getting a remake collection. So, that is 7 games to play though. Sometimes, I get depressed about not having enough time.

and to add on that, his character takes continuity and improves over time to where he can open up and be likeable, towards and with others.

Yeah, I liked how it took time over the course of the story for him to grow a bond with others again and become close to atoli and the others. I hope they got together at the end.

Well no shit they were non endings. Both are adapted from incomplete light novels. The animes were made mostly to drive up the light novel sales.

I have to admit I like how Haseo was handled, going from an aloof guy at the start of Roots, slowly getting more attached to Shino and Ovan, then going full edgelord in response to events. By the time Rebirth starts, he's sort of lost his pure edge nature, but is still a massive asshole who just wants to do everything by himself and use, abuse, and dump those around him to achieve his goals, only to start growing attached to the people around him and finally acknowledging that he's been pushing people away to avoid being hurt again. It becomes mildly funny that by the time he's got his Flick Reaper job extension and edgiest outfit back, he's actually really damn nice.

And you're right, his edgy phase is a response to having people he'd come to care about be yanked away from him brutally; he has no idea how a game could cause such a thing to happen, and can't really actually do anything about it (at that point), so he sets his mind towards hunting down and killing Tri-Edge to feel like he's actually doing something, anything, to try to remedy the situation. Plus, his PKKing isn't simply vengeance on PKers over getting PKed himself, or Shino's death, but rather information gathering: if you're looking for a PKer, other PKers might be knowledgable about their whereabouts.

As far as I've heard, .hack//Fragment actually does try to improve that a bit, in that you can bind a skill to a particular button, or something. It's no Skill Trigger (bind up to four skills for quick use), but still.

I think it took me about two months of playing a few hours a day to get through both series, but I did also watch .hack//Sign and .hack//Roots prior to the games that take place after them, which might also add in to the length.

That's nice & and great big fuck you to scalpers. I own IMOQ as well as a SIGN boxset and AI Buster but I lost interest in the series after Quarantine. I tried watching Roots back when it aired but I dropped it after a few episodes. I did watch Quantum & I honestly don't remember anything about it other than it takes place even further in the future, some more comas, & rule 63 Kite & Balmung with not Blackrose. I'll give Roots another chance closer to the re-release.

.hack// fragment wasn't an MMO it was more of a co-op RPG. We had threads on it & played it using PCSX2 almost two years ago but we only got like five or six anons playing and averaged around 3-4 a night & like almost every game Holla Forums plays together we eventually just lost interest. Still have my save file in the off chance Holla Forums ever picks it up again.

From what I remember you could bind spells and items to the d-pad &/or face buttons & use them by holding down on one of the shoulder buttons like in most console MMOs.

Roots takes a bit of time to get going, namely since Haseo starts out rather standoffish and not wanting to commit to anything, and some people complain later about how he spends the latter half of it in edge mode with complete disregard for what few are left that want to help him. On its own, I'd call it kind of shit, but it does help to establish Haseo and how he relates to other particular characters, why he's hunting for Tri-Edge, and just how badly he takes things leading up to the games.

Also might be worth mentioning that episodes 22-26 have spoilers for Rebirth and Reminisce in them, so you might consider going back to them later.

>The game about cybering an underage boy erping as qt 3.14 loli gets hd
Maybe we can get all the cut volume four content as well?

Let's not push our luck.

If you're hoping for a Director's Cut of sorts, I doubt that's in the cards. I mean, just for starters, in addition to trying to properly implement what was cut due to being rushed, they'd have to likely rebalance things so level flow still feels natural (which also brings up the question: if it was set to be four volumes, would the levels have followed the prior "fifty per game" to cap out at 200? I think I beat Redemption at around 133), and beyond that there's still the issue of if additional voicing would be needed for it, or if whole sections would need to be rerecorded.

Anyone have that official lewd //sign art?

You forget that Bo also has severe schizophrenia from a terribly lonely life and abusive household.

You get the chance to convince him either to abandon the delusion or embrace it with the consequences being horrible for both. People typically choose the latter since Bo's life is just so horrible that Bo needs Saku.

How many belts will Haseo have this time?

If you mean the hot spring image, it's not particularly hard to find.

Honestly, the more I read up on things involving G.U. (I suppose I missed some optional things when playing it), the more I realize just how fucked up some of the people playing R:2 are.
>Bo's player has a split personality manifesting as Saku.
>Saku explains to Haseo that she only exists in Bo's mind and only has a body in the game.
>Leads Haseo, and the player, to conclude that she doesn't actually exist.
>Apparently, "Saku" did exist at one point though; Bo would have actually had a sister, if she wasn't born already dead.
>Hearing his mother mention how she wished Bo had been the one to die instead of her would-have-been-daughter seems to have caused an assload of mental problems for him, resulting in the Saku personality.
That said, I'm not sure where the source on that is from, and with there being different incarnations of G.U. (the games, manga, and novels) that have their own takes on things, I'm not sure which of those it's canon with, if actually true. Or maybe it's from a Japan only "world book" thing, or something, as those sometimes contain character data/history not brought up in the actual games they're for (Tales of Xillia 1/2 and its World Guidance Books being a good example).

Assuming it's just upscaled models, probably the same as originally. Which is still a lot in both his first and second job forms.

Either way it's great to have a physical that isn't expensive as fuck again.

The games have been stated to be the canon version of events by CC Corp. Also pretty much all of what you've said is from the GU games themselves, from emails he sends you.

ill have you know that the original SAO web novel was popular in japan while dothack infection and sign was being written and that the epitaph of twilight being a popular web novel in dothack lore is a reference to SAO.

Ah, alright. Honestly wasn't sure if they'd actually have a ten(?) year old out-and-out talking about that, even if the player gets to be close enough that he'd be willing to open up about it. Have to say that it's interesting how, despite Haseo being incredibly mean (if not at least irritable) to just about everyone in the earlier parts of Rebirth, he does have a real soft spot for Bo, and even shows a good bit of patience with Saku despite how much of a bitch she is to him.

Going be sad if Namco shortprints it this time around as well. Though, I suppose if it has a PSN digital version as well, that might ease overall availability (though in other cases where a game's been both formats but not many of the physical was made, the physical copies can still be quite high in comparison on the aftermarket; Ar Nosurge Plus, for example).

Banco hasn't been one to fuck up physicals so far as of late, save for most recent vita games being pal/Asia but the ps4 versions always got decent print runs from what I can tell.

in the gu novels there is a statement about canon that explains thet the novels are based on GU's original story plan and that neither the novels nor the games are more canon than the other. notably the novels do have more direct connections to IMOQ than the games do. canon is somewhere in between the two and can probably only be solidified by whatever a sequel reveals.

True, but I'd be a bit worried (well, more-so if I had a PS4 and didn't already have the PS2 games anyhow) given how they handled the prints for the trilogy before. Will they make sure to print up a lot this time, to benefit from people that had wanted to play it prior but couldn't justify dropping $150-180+ on stock of the PS2 games that scalpers had, or will they look at prior sales figures for the PS2 games and decide the game's probably not going to warrant all that big a print once again?

I figured out how to start up a fragment server a few weeks ago if anyone ever wants to play again.
I can even add custom keywords and shit, it's pretty neat.

some tips as a fragment area server admin
your server level is based on the average level of your server's field types
a field type gains exp and levels up when players on your server open portals and gott statue chests.
it is good to make different field types on your server easily accessible to players and to encourage them to grind different field types so that your server can productively gain field exp
as your server levels up story events including data bugs and protected areas may appear. please document these happenings because we still dont have a clear understanding of how they are triggered.
when the events appear you have to edit your server and may even have to give guidance to players on your server so that they can access them.
the chat function in the server console is there for this reason.
managing an area server is as much of a game as the game itself.
enjoy roleplaying as helba.

also record any events that get triggered if you can
it helps understand context for translation purpose

we thought that "the one sin" found in the game data was just dialog for a message board post until more than a whole year after we had been digging in game code and the motherfucking spectrum dragon itself The One Sin appeared in data bug form on someones level 99 server and knocked us all out of our chairs in surprise.

what if they have you play through roots in the new version instead of doing the timeskip after the tutorial

if I wanted to get into the series proper I should go in this order correct:
Sign
IMOQ
Roots
GU

wasn't .hack supposed to be shit or was that just the anime?

you missed the liminality anime
also the ai buster novels and the legend of the twilight manga are required reading

Huh, there's a lot more to this than I thought.
Thanks for the information.

Do I need those to play the games?

also when you are hosting a server
The Area server should output a file called "serverinfo.html" that you can open with a web browser which reports the levels and Experience of each field type as well as the overall server level.

I just found out this does not work with the new netslum server exe and only works with the old coldbird area server exe

Not to mention that in Saku's goodbye emails, she outright says that she knows how messed up Bo is and how she's not supposed to exist

Double Prayer is still the best boss theme though

But what if I don't care?

i see that there are people playing fragment right now
i'll put up The One Sin server
have fun

and its up

Since this is a .hack thread;
Anyone ever played .hack//LINK? How much does it connect to the PS2 games.

.hack//LINK is .hack the abridged series the psp game

it contains an abridged version of the entire series within itself

Worth a download?

its only good for filling old plot holes like the rest of dothack zero and the chupchop case
the actual plot of link itself is magical trash that doesn't feel like dothack at all
the combat in link is pretty bad too

Pretty much, but Liminality takes place during the events of IMOQ. Each game came with a bonus disc with an OVA for it on it.

It's a sort of odd case: As far as the games themselves go, IMOQ doesn't necessarily expect you to watch Sign first, but Sign expects you to play the games afterward (as it ends with a lot of threads hanging loose; additionally, the 27th episode, Unison, is a non-canon episode that takes place some time after Quarantine). G.U. expects you to play Roots first as it timeskips eight months during which the anime happens, and Roots expects you to follow up with G.U. as it ends where Rebirth picks up from post timeskip (though I'll note that there is overlap between the two and some things, such as the fight at Hulle Granz Cathedral, are executed differently between both mediums). Do note that the later episodes of Roots have spoilers for the games in them for whatever reason (In Japan Roots aired alongside the games, with those episodes being released as Reminisce's release date was closing in; in the west 22-26 didn't even air on TV). I watched episodes 1-21, then played Volumes 1 and 2 of G.U., before going back to finish up Roots.

To my knowledge, AI Buster is the earliest chronological entry and deals with the first encounters with a vagrant AI. I haven't read it yet myself, and didn't find much in the games that I didn't understand having not done so, but I'm sure it does provide some neat background. Think some user in the last thread dropped a Mega of a number of .hack related books; I'll see if the link still works and post it.

I've heard hit or miss thing about it. It does have a fan-translation effort nearing completion though, so I suppose there's been some demand for it.

Yeah, still works. Contains AI Buster, AI Buster 2, Another Birth (Volumes 1-4; I recall hearing Volume 1 was translated kind of poorly in comparison to the later ones), and .hack//CELL (Volumes 1 and 2; the second seems like it might not have been uploaded right on whoever made this' end, as it extracted as a 0 byte text file instead of scans as a pdf).
mega.nz/#!APgmyS6B!CAu2R5dPnkJCl5dTng4gesSuOz1BWzAPBBS7_P_nMB0

I might go full weeb on this, I remember seeing these games and I was obsessed even though I never had a PS2 back in the day. Don't know anything about the comic either, definitely willing to pick the games up if a veteran player says the remaster is good.

I never could find Vol 2 so I had to just get vol 3 when I found it. I thought that it was just a brother and sister sharing an account which I though was kinda cool since my older brother and I did that for many years

Jesus is this the best idea for an MMO ever?

Get even and xenoverse didn't have denuvo and every one of their denuvo games have been cracked so I doubt that they'll be dumb to do it again.

there is a protected area that I can not edit on my fragment server but I don't know how to get virus cores to be able to gate hack into it and fight the data bugs.
I need F, Y, V, and O cores.

aha i found a virus core crystal in another map that randomly gives you cores
i just need to learn how to deploy virus cores on other maps

I also need to level up
I'm pretty sure I can't do shit to databugs at level 8 even with my data drain.

That's part of the problem. There is almost no point in doing a remaster of cell shaded graphics you can only reap so much fidelity out of. It is basically just a port to new platform and re-optimized for different hardware. Which, okay I guess, but not really a "remaster" in the traditional sense.

since they are rebooting the series in this way going forward into new installments the new kite novel will probably be considered the canon version of IMOQ events along with last recode as the canon version of GU

Could the .hack remaster have anything to do with the current popularity of the Isekai genre? Because if so, this may actually be a terrible thing.

pso2 recently went full isekai and also added a haseo/adept rogue class

Played a bunch of these games a long time ago. All of Kite's games and all but one of the edgy gray haired rogue's games. I remember them as grindy as fuck repetitive semi-button mashers with a good story. My memories are extremely vague, but I know I wanted to fuck the purple cat and kill the green fucker. I think Piros was his name.
I want to fucking strangle him. Think I'm going to play these again from the beginning.

Can't even remember that song and yet it elicits nostalgia.

This I remember.

I know these names, but I can only vaugely place a face to Orca.

Is any of the non-game content necessary, or is there some order I can play the games alone in? I inherited several mangos from my Uncle, but I don't think I read them.

This is for you.

Well, I'd consider Sign to help with the world building for R:1 and the events leading up to IMOQ (I watched it first and think it add to the experience a good bit), and Liminality shows an attempt at trying to fix things from the real world (which actually has an effect on the plot at one point in Quarantine), but I suppose you could consider them to not be outright required. As noted above though, G.U. doesn't repeat much of what happens in .hack//Roots (barring some overlap early in Rebirth and a few flashback scenes); Roots is hit-or-miss, but it does help set up WHY Haseo cares so much about killing his nemesis, and how he got to know certain characters that the game otherwise just tosses at you as if the viewer should already know them and why they're important to Haseo. In contrast, what characters from Sign make reappearances in IMOQ tend to just be as minor NPC cameos.

Basically, if you were to just play the games alone, you'd go in release order, but if you want to play them with the other materials in there in chronological order, it gets a bit complicated (especially when not every entry in English anyhow).

If you mean .hack//XXXX and .hack//G.U.+, I'm pretty sure those are non-canon retellings of sorts. Especially the former since Cubia has an actual PC body, instead of just being some fuckhueg horror from beyond, and aids Kite.

Orca was the barbarian looking guy in body paint, Balmung was the knight with wings (and not just for show, either).

God fucking dammit. This is the second time I've clicked that while half awake with headphones on.

do you think they will add Carl,
sora/haseo's true waifu into the game?
dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Carl

Never in the last 10 years have I had this much hype and lose it in the span of minutes.

Well I'm playing the first one now and it's beginning to come back to me. Long hours of running through empty hallways, even worse than Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle, because there's more of them. At least I can fast forward with emulation.

Pretty sure Haseo's player has no memory whatsoever of his days in R:1, and if memory serves, Carl's player was even younger than him at the time. Even if she they were to meet again, I'm not sure either would recognize the other.

Come to think of it, do we ever get confirmation of any of the prior coma victims, Orca and Sieg's players aside (the former coming back immediately to hang out with Kite, and the latter at least comes back for R:2 under a different character) returning to the game after R:1's incident? I mean, sure, some of them help out in the final battle, either after Aura locates their consciousness or Morganna's grip weakens enough, but I don't remember seeing them again afterward (and from what I know of it, in the case of Sora, the one that joins your party is an AI Helba styled after his old PC, the way she did for Tsukasa and Tsubaru).

The dungeons themselves, while bland, aren't what I found to be all that bad. It's the virus cores that are the pain, and if you want to experience hell, there's always the few dungeons where 4/5 encounters seem to be data bugs.

Something else that annoyed me was when a data bug was placed in a dungeon in just the right place that it's blocking off the path to the Gott Statue, because more often than not, after draining and beating it, Kites party automatically heads back to town instead. On one hand, it saves on your stock of Sprite Ocarinas. On the other, you've got to go all the way back through the dungeon if you want that treasure you missed. I think G.U. handles that sort of thing better in regards to dungeon/field bosses, in that it tends to be left in the player's hands as to when they actually want to leave, and the platform mechanic provides a way out on the field itself, as opposed to using a consumable item to quickly leave.

Orca returns pretty much immediately
Sieg is part of the Chup Chop Case story that takes place in R:1 after the events of legend of the twilight and .hack//fragment
tsukasa rejoins after legend of the twilight during fragment's offline story (unlike unison they don't get along)
Kazu still plays R:1 in legend of the twilight
Carl and Alph are unknown.

i meant to write that elk and tsukasa dont get along
mia is acting strange and running off on her own and elk initially blames tsukasa for it

Ah, I haven't watched (or read) Legend of the Twilight myself just yet.

I think I'll record a playthrough of .hack//fragment's story and add english translated captions to it so that the plot can be properly documented

That would be cash.

the manga is canon and later parts of the dothack series reference it

the anime plot diverges into a completely different story

the legend of the twilight anime is still comfy to watch though

How'd that happen? I mean, was it the usual "we started making the anime too soon and ran out of canon content" thing, where it goes in its own direction to avoid assloads of filler? Or did the animators just decide to do as they pleased?

only the first 4 episodes of the anime follow the manga, roughly covering the events of volume 1
after that they do a complete divergence

What volume was the manga on by that point, for comparison?

the anime episode 5 relesed 21 days before volume 2 of the manga

episode 5 aired February 5, 2003
volume 2 of the manga released on February 26, 2003

and it was a huge divergence
a main character went into a coma in episode 5 starting a major story arc with more coma victims than imoq

in the manga there were no coma victims at all or any incident of the sort

I guess it was a case of running out of material then. I can understand wanting to capitalize on something's popularity, but that still seems way too fucking quick to try to start an adaptation when the original work isn't close to being finished.

half of episode 5 is nearly the same as the first chapter of volume 2
it diverges at the fight scene
in the anime shugo fails to save someone from the monster attack and that person falls into a coma (im not spoiling with names)
in the manga shugo is victorious and the plot continues down a generally peaceful path

the manga plot becomes focused around encounters with a vagrant ai
while the anime plot has an ultimate evil

I want to believe every denuvofag is a shill but being completely retarded isn't enough proof.
What the fuck is wrong with the denuvofags in this board?

Who?
Why should I care what this faggot thinks? Sign's dub is gud.

So are there any special keyword areas that need to be manually put in like the three you get from Liminality?

Also, I went to Dog Dancing Passionate Tri Pansy, but there was nothing there. Do I need to go there on a different server?

You need a keyword to get the final sin eater event in GU vol 1

Turned out I needed to go to theta server. Ceramic helm is cash.

My only gripe so far is the roster size.

I take most of those as trolls even if they are serious it's not worth getting upset over. I'm more upset at the fact that SAO which is literally the author's fanfic of .hack he wrote in high school became more successful than the real thing.

And all because of animu tiddies and SoL haremshit.

Why are eastern MC's almost always pasty twinks? Stop triggering my boner.

My whole life has been waiting for this moment.

Except the fact there's still no .hack//sign game.

Stop being gay.

I didn't enjoy .hack//link the first time I tried playing it but .hack//link on htc vive looks sweet

play .hack//fragment
you team up with the entire .hack//sign cast before teaming up with the imoq cast

i want to see someone play .hack//fragment with this type of vr setup with first person camera settings turned on