Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

I want to play Vietnam game, blast gooks and stay alive

Can I get a fix from this, it looks alright?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vietnam_War_games
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't really recommend anything with Tripwire involved because they really shouldn't be supported by anyone.

The game only has 8 maps, though only 5 of those are within the scale and gameplay style of what you're going to be wanting out of the game, and only 3 of those 5 maps have any helicopters available. It's also buggy as fuck and in desperate need of polish and general optimization.

Probably for the best to wait 6-12 months for a sale and check how the game is doing by then.

Its pretty ok, but the maps get old pretty fast

t. bought it, played 20 hours and put it on virtual shelf to wait for updates

Every single Tripkike game is low quality indieshit that only has players for one single reason:
It doesn't require as much IQ as games like Project Reality, Squad or ArmA in order to be successful, therefore every autist who wants to brag to his online friends about being a 'mature hardcore gamyr' gets to buy everything Tripkike shits out.

I just got it, gonna see if I can have some fun

Why would you double post user

wrong image, looked like an idiot why must you screencap-bully me

Bullying is my fetish

Got some questions fellow virgins:

- Is the movement still laggy shit with animations that clip awkwardly as it was in RO2? I can't quite explain it but to be clear i don't mean "why isn't this quake".
- How's about the UI? Is it somewhat presentable this time around?
- Are mipmaps improved?
- Are maps way too fucking small?

I'm asking because i thought about buying it, but if it's just another map pack ala Rising Storm then why bother, game had core mechanics down right broken.

Come here, so I can fug you, faggot.
I'll bully you with heatpats.

- Is the movement still laggy shit with animations that clip awkwardly as it was in RO2? I can't quite explain it but to be clear i don't mean "why isn't this quake".
Its pretty fluid, can only get pretty wonky if you try to prone where you shouldn't be prone
- How's about the UI? Is it somewhat presentable this time around?
what do you mean?
- Are mipmaps improved?
I didnt really see the difference compared to RO2
- Are maps way too fucking small?
Depends on a map, but most of the fightig takes place in close quarters unfortunately

aight

i mean does it look like it was designed for a 2002 mod like it looked like in RO2. Low res, shitty font, way too big of a size, chat window isn't a window yo can scroll back to read shit you missed, imposible to customize in any way (size, location, whatever).

I guess it's whatever, i can somewhat force it through Nvidia inspector

Even worse than say, Grain Elevator?

There used to be a really comfy Vietnam shooter with good music that I played what seems like a lifetime ago. Each mission had gooks screaming in your ear about capitalism over loudspeakers. I have no idea what it was called now even after looking over this list.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vietnam_War_games

i've been playing since the closed beta and I can tell you it's got some issues. I still think it's a great game and a step in the right direction after how awful red orchestra 2 was, then again this game isn't even developed by tripwire so there's that. Maps are structured well and fun to play, there's plenty of opportunities to call in strikes and the tunnel system for the NVA is really neat when you get a squad leader that's actually competent. Napalm never gets boring.

the game is clearly unfinished though, the voice acting is the same was in beta wave 6 with no improvements. It's painfully bad, the Vietnamese sound like a fucking sterotype and there's barely any actual vietnamese in the game, with no option to turn off the obnoxious english voice acting. The americans literally only have 3 voice actors, a nigger, an old guy, and a normal guy. The announcer is the same voice actor as the normal guy but trying to deepen his voice. Levels like song be are still unplayable with extremely poor performance, and there are assets from the original rising storm that were used as placeholders, the Vietnamese make the Japanese scream when lit on fire and the SVD makes the same noise as the mosin bizarrely.

The problem with this game and, any game where the developers associate themselves with reddit, is the community are a bunch of ass kissers that refuse to believe the game isn't completely flawless and will go into a fit of autistic screeching if you mention these problems. The steam community forums are fucking full of these people. It made the beta a fucking nightmare to take part in because any time I submitted a bug report I'd get a bunch of comments saying i'm wrong. Because the characters breaking into their T-pose is somehow my fault.

my personal favorite is when they claim that my computer isn't strong enough to run the game because I have an FX processor at 4.2ghz when could run all the maps in rising storm flawlessly.

battlefield vietnam and BC2 vietnam have that. Vietcong 2 had that in the first level.

conflict vietnam

this game too, god tier

good choice

As I said before, playing the vietnam maps on Project Reality is a much better vietnam experience than this shit. Maybe give it a year or two and it might be worth looking into but I sure am not going back to it. Especially since I don't want to play on that fucking Hill map one more god damn time.

Son don't you know they outright cut lines because they were offensive

When are they going to start banning people for saying OUTTA THE WAY VIETNAM FUCKING SHITS

Which is fucking stupid considering people spam gooks and racism constantly.
Overall i'll say find something else OP, the game is bare, the maps too few. There is hope if they stick to their development map and the added content like the ANZAC is free and the community pick up the slack. But as now it will get very boring very fast

7 hours during the free wekend were enough to experience everything it has to offer, except the helicopters which will probably be worse than RO2 tanks.
5 maps plus 3 for the Insurgency-wannabe mode that is going to die really fast. They definitely aren't as bad as RS1 maps, though.

Also, either the damage model is horrible or hit registration is broken. The penetration model is fine.

Both or hit record being fucked.Automatic weapons are a mystery, semi auto seems to kill instantaneously while full auto seems require two or three burst.
Have to say killing the entire crew of the Huey with the AKM was fun

Literally as soon as someone bitches on their forums about problem servers or someone post something like this on their own private forums, then they'll start doing what the EULA states.

Hit the nail right on the head with that.

Ro2 tanks had problems with the penetration model, RS2 has a hit reg problem which is very apparent with the sniper rifles.

sounds like Eddie Hazel

Got about 40 hours in the game so far. My favorite thing to do is be commander and lead my team to victory. If the team is doing poorly I abuse the fuck out of them over VOIP and if they do well I praise them.

So far I have won most of my games as commander as I command everyone on what to do, It has gotten to a point where I enjoy calling squad leaders shit eating mongoloids for not holding C like a fucking human bean, those dumb fucking chinks can't place a punji which takes like 5 seconds and gives a free kill those fucking retarded dickheads dont even know how to play A FUCKING VIETNAM GAME YOU FUCKING IDIOTS HOW ABOUT YOU HOLD C AND NOT FUCKING LET THE GOD DAMN SEPPOS FLANK YOU FUCKS YOU FUCKING SPERGS HOW ABOUT YOU GET IN THE CAP AND PLAY THE GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA