/k/-approved video games

In what video games guns have greatest sound and animation?

Hey buddy I think you've got the wrong board. The stal/k/er club is two woods down!

Metal Slug.

figures

Their individual tastes are going to vary because, much like Holla Forums, /k/ isn't one person. But off the top of my head I can recall them liking
I wonder if /k/ likes muskets? War Of Rights is looking good.

I have a feeling Insurgency: Sandstorm is going to be the best FPS ever when released

Todd?

I mean, I guess it has better customization than other games, but some of the stuff in it is rather unrealistic.

If they continue to use BattlEye anticheat then it's DOA.

Not at all, everyone loves Fallout 4 so obviously they would too!

Exactly! It truly is the best game of the century!

Insurgency is dead because of it. I think they've started deleting reviews that changed to negative when people say it and learned what it was about.

Fallout 3 got a lot of /k/s interest.

Borderlands 2 has the most realistic guns.

Hold the fuck up. what's wrong with battle eye? Is it like the punkbuster malware?

Scans everything in your RAM and system. Can add code to your files and send false .exe reports to the game server - resulting in you getting banned for no reason. And of course everything it digs up from your computer is later sold to companies.

It's a fucking rootkit and no amount of shilling by the game developers will change this

I remember Insurgency used to get a lot of praise for the animator, who made a lot of good handmade custom animations. And of course Stalker has very satisfying gun sounds and animations.

Naturally any game in the Arma series that I know of is also good for guns, shooting, reloading and sounds**. Theyre also good for the effects of when bullets collide near you, with the snapping sound, and greying vision to freak you out.

How the fuck is stalker considered to have good gunplay
I played vanilla SoC and only two guns actually felt good to use, the particle railgun type of thing and an SVD.
Everything else felt shit to use, with the fact that enemies have barely anything for hit reactions.

Now that I think of it, how does it work on R6 Siege? I don't remember ever having to install Battle Eye for it. Does it do it automatically or does it work differently for that game? Haven't played it in ages, but I never really realized it used Battle Eye until that massive ban wave happened.

Nigger please. They went full pants on head retarded when they wanted to add a story to it. A story about a stronk, yet oppressed womyn breaking free from slavery and teaming up with "moderate" rebels.

Fuck them for ruining Insurgency, got 500 hours in that game and haven't touched it since they added BE and abandoned it.

I smell something shitty

Revolver shotguns get no love. I always made sure I had one in either Metro game regardless of better options.

I know that feel. Not enough games have lever action rifles in them.

There's your problem you worthless casual.

Won't it just make mobs even more bullet spongy?

Opposite.
I can't believe there's still people out there who haven't played stalker and don't know how the slav-coded difficulty works.

What fighting games have good gun-based characters? Bullets are better than fireballs at zoning anyway.

I played it for a bunch of hours and it felt boring.
I moved from easy to normal and it became even more boring. So I assume it's like jap games - higher difficulty = more hp on mobs.

Dante in MVC?

i've never seen this posted with sound.
it's a pretty old webm so its probably from cuckchan.

they get no love irl because nobody has ever made one that actually works.
i love the one in metro tho. but not as much as i love that air pressure ball bearing sniper

yes. i own a marlin 30-30 and even though the ammo is expensive and its not really viable, its fun as fuck to shoot.
red dead redemption had alot of lever actions, theyre all fun to shoot too. if i recall correctly they even gave you a 45/70gvt lever action.

He's more of rush down than defensive zoning. Chris does the trick though.

Holy shit nigger don't do that.
Master difficulty or bust.

Don't be a casual fag and play games on easy at all though.

Or even yet lever action pistols. The Volcanic Repeater Pistol in GUN was a rare little thing. Not enough western games out there to get the lever action fix.

Are you fucking retarded? They've been around, working, since early 1800s you retard.

I hate shooters in general, so I went into stalker for atmosphere, but got bored out of it.

Can't win 'em all.

I forgot about RDR. Shame RDR2 prolly wont be on PC. I'd have actually liked adventuring as his son too, getting into some desperado adventures.
That's a purdy gun you got there user. Good taste.

I don't think i've ever actually played any vidya with lever action pistols. And there really aren't enough lever action love in vidya. Not enough western love in vidya either, now that I think about it.

dissapointing

The devs are working on it again

find me one. or are you dumb enough to think a street sweeper counts?

its a marlin 336 made in the 1960s. i saved it from getting melted. some grandfather i worked with was trying to leave his weapons to his useless son who was just going to give them away at a police gun grab. i offered to buy some of his guns instead of letting them go to waste. he even had a winchester model 70 in walnut that he wouldnt let go of because it was a gift from his deceased wife. i dread the day he passes and his son gets it and throws that beautiful 30-06 into a pile of trash at a police station for $150

I was playing on Master.

Darn, I used to play the Source one. Really damn fun, but it has like 2 servers back in 2014. I bet it's completely dead now.

You could try mods too. Mods in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is where's it at. You can turn it onto a depressing apocalyptic ARMA game within one hour.

Isn't Killing Floor 1 considered to have great guns?

Dunno about 2, but KF1 has that reputation.

There's at least one server still up

Investigation and empirical testing shows that bullet damage is reduced on higher difficulties fof both parties, so enemies are tankier. That is a fact. Also, to prevent player tankiness going up, player damage resistances drop.

Ayway, vanilla stalker has pretty mediocre gunplay, and I say this while having stalker as one of my favorite game series. Where it shines is in the abundance of mods that revamp gunplay amongst other things.

Also, I want to mention Underhell. It toon inspiration from FEAR in terms of gunplay, but also has fantastic weapon animations and sounds on par with Insurgency (deny all you want, but FEAR weapons have pretty anemic sounds, with the exception of the particle cannon and the autocannon).

Why would you play a game in a genre you hate for the atmosphere? That doesn't sound enjoyable at all.

Disgusting. You would think the son would know to at least respect the weapons as something his ancestors valued greatly. Reminds me of the prick who got his grandfathers guns and decided to dismantle the guns and destroy the barrels.

Where's the proof?

You are cruel to show me this user.

That is not that big of a deal, since those are largely confiscated guns

Find it, nigger

Please no. They didn't do anything wrong. Why should they be punished?

Video might cheer you up.

Literally ISIS-tier brutality.

Colt Model 1839 Shotgun. It took literally 4 seconds in google to find that out. You fucking woman.

Hell is a place on earth.

If Insurgency wanted to do a story they should have done it from the PMC point of view. A bunch of mercs hating their job but doing it only because it gets them paid.

I chuckled

also stalker is a meme game and is actually shit

You know what's /k/ approved? Some woman in a photo shoot holding pistols akimbo with no trigger discipline to speak of.
You want people to suggest /k/ approved games the least you could do is post a /k/ approved example of someone not being retarded with firearms. This shit isn't difficult.

If OP were speaking of half/k/ then you may be right but you know very well what is meant with the question.

Retarded underage spotted.

The only issue with that shotgun is the animation.
Every single shell could be reloaded without tossing the gun around.
If it is possible, never take your hand off the primary grip, tuck the stock under your shoulder if you need more control over a long and/or heavy firearm.

Came here just to post this, excellent taste user.

consolefags ruined Holla Forums