Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
archive.is/ktbQO
logicalincrements.com/
youtu.be/_PVKOesnxQI?t=38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

Tonight at 7:30 PM

So to try and get some positivity back into the threads, I think we should start hunting again. I'm up for anything in XX, or for starting up a new file in 4G.

archive.is/ktbQO

Some more information from an interview with producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and director Yuya Tokuda. Here's a highlight:

MHW confirmed for first MH game with online play :^)

What are the chances they something really idiotic, like DLC, microtransactions or paid online with this game, and effectively kill the franchise for their player base?

Do you have a source for this one? I've only been able to find English translations.

It's PS4, it already has paid online by default.

So worst case scenario how bad do you think them chasing the 'western audience' grail lead the game astray?
Also do you think gen\X will just be their fallback should Worlds not be the end all be all like they want it to be?

We already heard this little tidbit from the Dengeki interview:

Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

You're right. What about the other two possibilities?

Well, they're trying to appeal to the West, which means the Call of Duty audience, and those are things that sell well in CoD, so yeah, probably.

Hunting again could be good. I miss hunting with Holla Forums.

It's a Capcom game. It's on PS4 and Xbone. It's being designed for Western audiences. If you still think paid DLC and microtransactions are unlikely, then the purity and innocence of your optimism is a beautiful thing, and it would be tragic to see it crushed. I still hope for the best, but I don't expect much.

(from last thread)
You can use something called "MHX Data Manager" to convert save data between NA, EU, and Jap versions of Gen and X. The only major downside is that you need some existing data of the target game to transfer to it, so you'll need to install X and start it at least once. XX allows you to import a save directly from X if the XX file has no existing characters.

(from last thread)
Brand loyalty and consumerism is the religion of the new age. Instead of begging for the church to tax and punish them to absolve them of their sins, they beg for more day 1 DLC, more expensive collector's editions, more store exclusive pre-order bonuses, more DRM, more of anything they can possibly do to be fucked in the ass.

Quite the contrary, i fear they will use this release to push this kind of shit into the series, but MonHun is probably my favorite series, it will be like walking into your daughter being gangbanged by a group of fat japanese businessman, loving every second of it. It breaks the slivers that were once my heart.

I will never be able to wrap my head around this. this is not human behavior, we are not evolving, we are devolving back into mindless animals.

Apparently they pushed for the monthly mission packs to be free in 4U\Gen, but I think now with the jump to consoles\PC Capcom will really throw their weight around to nickle and dime your ass for those 'advanced' arena packs, just 1.99 for a three pack bucko!

Im totes up for it too, i am in hr7 in XX and need to get to g-rank. I am ready to hunt with you fags in MHW too, im going to preorder the game tomorrow.

Tbh, idk how the hell they were able to have all of that free DLC and addons in the 3ds games in the first place. Im going to cross my fingers that it ends up that way in MHW too.

user please, I beg of you atleast wait for the inevitable G rank version. Don't believe Capcoms lies if they ever say that it won't have one because they tried to pull that shit with X.

Get out.

I don't know much about psychology or anything like that, so this is pretty much just a gut feeling, but I think it's that we've never evolved past being animals, no matter how much we try to deny it. Humans are pack animals. We naturally revert to tribalism, and we always have tribes, or things to fill their purpose. In the modern world, all of the things we use to sate the need for a tribe have either broken down or are now seen as taboo. So instead, we fill that void with a corporation, and that corporation encourages this behavior by simulating conflict with things like console wars, us-vs-them mentalities, brand loyalty.

Aren't you the faggot who claimed he soloed G rank in 3U and 4U, then begged to be carried through the high rank urgents in XX? And then bitched at people using the thread to talk about other things instead of helping you? Fuck off.

Don't. Wait till the game releases to know if it's worth buying or not.

Y-y-you took the bait

And Yes I am that user, but you make it sound alot worse than it was.

Im sorry guys this is my dream game that i wanted for years, I dont give a shit if you dont like it or want me to wait a while. Im going to get it anyways. If its shit then im returning it, simple as that.

Fuck off 12856154 ive been here since the mh4u threads

First time I've filtered someone in a monster hunter thread since the Seregios Charge Blade sperg. Anyway I hope the video today sheds a lot more light on the combat.

It seems for the most part they're just making things more fluid, which the games did need in some places
At this point the worst case I think will be if the game ends up popular, they keep using the grappling hook for every game but never offer any alternatives to it, spitting in the face of the choice in gear the series is built on

And no, the fallback would be the numbered series, possibly getting rid of whatever people hate and keeping a few of the things that stuck

I've been waiting for this game for at least a decade, that doesn't mean i'm going to be Capcom's bitch and blindly believe in them.
Faggot.

They seem to have taken some notes on Toukiden 2 and at least the item usage of darksouls 2 or 3, because that's exactly how it works in MHW.

It seems for the most part they're making things more shit

I dont either. I'm going to preorder so i can be one of the first to test the waters and tell you guys about it from my experience. I am a fan of the series, but it doesn't mean that the new game is going to be perfect, let alone good. I am also kind of worried about the new direction its taking, being that its so far from its original formula and is trying so much new ideas.

I know some of you guys have strong feelings about it, and I do too. We just have to see how everything plays out and hope that its good user.

Yeah I get you, you don't stand completely still while drinking potions anymore and there are optional contextless damage numbers inside the game instead of in every video and website related to the game, whole franchise ruined

So, would anyone be up for starting a fresh game in 4G? Or should we stick with XX?

HOW CAN NINTENDO EVEN COMPETE?

That kind of reverse psychology is exactly what a capcom employee would do

I love how the new tactic is to pretend people who aren't "mad hyped!" for world must be nintendrones, as if the best MH titles weren't on PS2.

You would know ya turkey

But the PSP ports for all of those were better, and the Sony series hit it's height in a PSP title that got an HD port on the PS3.

I mean if you're going to say which title is best you go for main release, not for ports or remakes.

If they were exactly the same, sure, but in the case of Monster Hunter vs. Portable you had the control scheme issue, and for Dos vs. 2nd G, the PS2 version never got G Rank.

Well regardless, it makes no sense to call people Nintendrones when the Nintendo titles are objectively inferior to the Sony Titles.

Eh, I wouldn't say objectively, though I would love to go back to G or 2nd G with the general improvements the 3DS titles have made like Item Sets.

Was never particularly useful to me, I preferred spending more time at the item box making sure I had everything I needed, especially for shit I was fighting for the first time.
And while the 3DS games did certainly improve on certain shit, some stuff from X and XX like the dumbed down gameplay and the transmog for armor is shit that needs to leave.

Fair enough, to each their own there, just I've been going back to the older games lately and really feeling the difference in things like Item Sets and even stuff like being able to send your quest rewards directly to the Item Box in your house. It's really amazing just how consistently the little rough edges of the franchise have been improved on bit by bit as time went on though fuck whoever decided not to keep using P3rd's onsen system in favor of the food systems

I don't really mind item sets, but i like the new damage system in items where they show the base damage before applying the class modifier, so you can more accurately know in which damage tier your weapon is in comparison with other weapon types, it also made people stop nagging at you saying your weapon was weak when you actually dished more damage with your SnS than the guy with the great sword.

Also the hitboxes, FU hitboxes are fucking broken.

I don't like how X dropped the numbers for damage way lower. Damage remained the same functionally, but the numbers were smaller. It felt a bit fucked.
You gotta stop playing with shitters buddy. Most people I play with would at least give a guy a shot before declaring him weak or ill-equipped.

To be fair, that's from Portable 3rd, so not really new. I don't hate it myself either though.

Also having a conversation with a friend that I think strikes to the heart of what the problem with World is: Monster Hunter as a whole has always been quite definitively a video game, with a soul rooted in arcade mentalities of a pure focus on the action. World seems to be sacrificing a lot of that for the sake of realism, like making the monsters attack one another and shit, at the cost of the more video gamey aspects of the franchise.

I liked being able to make good looking sets without needing to sacrifice any skills. It's also nice for armor that looked better in lower ranks than G-rank, or for mixing together different sets that work well together visually but have no skills in common. Though, I do miss the autistic fun of trying to make a good looking set with viable skills, and some clownsuits have some appeal. And who can forget such gems as

That's pretty much hitting the nail on the head.
It all boils down to "chasing after the western audience", which will kill it.

I think it removed, as you said, the autistic fun of trying to balance style and pragmatism. I like Chunky armor sets but a lot of them suck, so you gotta mix-and-match to create the best armor that also looks decent.

For anyone that cares, here is the stream of the gameplay.
It starts in 30 minutes.

Linked it up at the top as well, but good to have a reminder. I'm going to go out and grab some dinner and brace for this. Remember kids, whatever your preconceptions up to this point, as always hope for the best and brace for the worst

the best it not expect anything, so it doesn't matter what they show, you don't get disappointed by it.

c'mon user, at least post the image.

What said, I expected E3 would be literally nothing, and I got hit with Monster Hunter World and Samus Returns.

user, have some self respect, at least be excited for Prime 4 like everyone else

You misunderstand, I mean I expected nothing and was still let down because of the announcement of Monster Hunter being aimed at the West, and of Mercury Steam of all fucking people ruining Metroid Also I hated Prime from the first one so the fact they're making another one is just rubbing salt in the wound

Oh so you just have shit taste, nevermind

At least he do hate "Metroid OtherM 2: Return of Sakamoto"

I just don't like that genre.

It started.

Wow, it's just as I predicted

I can't understand japanese

How do you play the games then?

In freedom-speak

Well, don't give up user, keep up your studies and you'll learn to read sooner or later.

ok

So far they've said nothing we haven't already heard, the usual bullcrap about aiming for a world release and bringing shit together. The staff self-introduced and now they're replaying the shitty E3 trailer.

I want to fuck tutorial-chan

The chick who's talking is the quest giver chick, who apparently joins you in the field this time.

It's the leaked gameplay demo but we can actually see shit now, watch out for stuff.

Also Western style on screen button prompts telling you what to do

The magic green bugs disappear when you're spotted by a monster

That's kind of embarrassing to have in the first official showing of actual gameplay.

At least Tsujimoto and Fukuoka are still the Hammer and Lance bros

I can't remember if it was at that point, but they did tease him a bit "Hey this is being broadcast nationwide"

The 4-way splitscreen was a horrible idea. The quality already was complete ass, but now I can't see shit.

Deepest lore?

All the new moves are fucking crazy and goofy so far, I'll compile what I saw that wasn't in the leak when the stream is done.

They did the voice acting shit so that foreign casuals could get tutorial shit while playing.

Everything fucking sparkles, you charge, you sparkle, you attack you sparkle, you use a item you sparkle, the monster go away the entire screen sparkle.
Holy shit man, this is shit.
I don't even mind the gameplay changes, but goddamnit i can't even see half the screen with all those fucking bugs holding my hand.

I noticed something weird with LS. It looks like after reaching white spirit, the final hit in the spirit combo is possibly replaced with that stab-jump combo. Every time he's used a spirit combo while in white, he's used that as the fourth move. But it's also usable outside of the spirit combo, which was shown in the leaked footage. Either it replaces it, or he's chosen to manually use it every single time for some reason. Also in neither of these has LS been shown going above white. It's looking like yellow and red might have been removed in exchange for the jump attack.
When the jump attack lands, the spirit gauge passively recharges extremely fast for about a second or two. The two hits in the jump combo also appear to refill the gauge, though, and you lose a spirit level to use it, so I don't see much use to this.

Okay, so

Leaked Demo:

Stream Demo:

The Bowgun used was a Heavy Bowgun, you can move while rapid-firing, I THINK they said they were going for a TPS feel with it, but I didn't quite catch EXACTLY what they said.

As a hammer user, that's trash. That's mad trash.

The hair on Anjanaf is apparently inspired by theories that dinosaurs had hair

Am I the only one tired of all these modern games looking washed out and dull? I can barely tell what anything fucking is because everything blends together. Is that why every other game needs taffer vision or some way of highlighting shit otherwise you can't see anything? I just want some fucking color in my games, if it wasn't for the wing patterns you'd think this was a Rathian

are you colorblind
rathian is green
rathalos is red
they are pretty distinct

Very first question is on the cost to play online. It will require PS+ but no separate Monster Hunter fee.

No underwater hunting.

user, you're colorblind.

dunno if this is good or bad, they can try to recoup the cost with DLC, and that would be shit.

Not when everything's fucking washed out to shit, try telling me it's a Rathalos from a simple glance like you could in every other Monster Hunter when everything's a gray washed out color.

boo

the only things washed out in the screenshot you posted are the hunts and anything behind them, if you isolated Rathalos he'd look fine

Tsujimoto confirms we can turn off damage number displays.

Why does the environment work out only towards the hunter's favor. Everything seems to trap or knock over the monsters in their own domain. It was pitiful.

I didn't get a good look at lance, I was more focused on LS and Hammer. Does this mean it's more or less back to the old triple poke combo, but with a bit more forward movement than before? Because that could actually be nice, it might make triplepoke-backstep-triplepoke a bit better than it already is.

Rathalos looks muddier in the trailer than the official art, especially towards the end. He looks a bit better in the streamed footage, though.

Because it's being designed for Westerners who refused to play the game because too hard.

Yes, and is neither distinctly red nor distinctly green, but a kind of washed out tan. I kind of agree with the other user on the fuckling sparkles and gay "THIS ITEM CAN BE INTERACTED WITH LET'S HIGHLIGHT IT WITH GLOWING PLASTIC WRAP" bullshit.

Now that you mention it, it does feel like it's trying to continue what X started by wanting to make players feel like badasses for doing cool things instead of being totally skill based.

I just hope it's still fun for skill players.

But the red scales on the top of the rath are very clearly red
You faggots can't see

I don't like it either. Most western games just put me to sleep with their drab "realistic" graphics.

Tetrachromat please go, and stay go.

Hasn't each and every MH released in the west actually been made harder in the west compared to the nip version? This is most certainly still done to appeal to the more faggy western "CINEMATIC" "EMERGENT GAMEPLAY" trends, but implying the west is casual compared to the east is downright wrong, isn't it?

It is clearly red but its not especially distinct and don't pretend you can't at least understand his point. The colors are nowhere near as vibrant as before and do seem to blend into each other way too much meaning nothing stands out.

How are Felynes even going to work in the new style anyways? Didn't exactly work out so well for MHO.

Where did you get this? 3U had 50 passive defence for western versions. It made everything easier.

There was a felyne in the equipment change screen, didn't get a good look at it but you can also change their equipment during the hunt.

Opposite - The Western release of 3G gave players a free 50 defense, and I've heard multiple people who played the NA versions say they felt like the monsters tended to die slightly faster than normal.

No this is demonstrably false. MH3U gave hunters a free 50 base armor while naked, and it's been suspected that MH4U and MHGen both nerfed monster HP.

Not red enough, like I said you can't tell what it is at a glance, that's the problem with all these muddy and washed out graphics, you can't tell anything apart with a glance because everything blends together so they have to mark everything so the player can see anything. The only way you can tell it's Rathian is because of the wing patterns, the wings aren't even red.

It's Rathalos*

I don't know if the West is overall more or less casual than Japan, but I can tell you that in the interview with the makers, they said they had constantly felt a "global wall" when trying to get Monster Hunter to sell in the foreign regions, and the example they gave was how people refused to play because of things like having to stop to use items.

I'm pretty sure it's the fucking sun that's making it hard to see what it is, considering how the glare is surrounding it.

I went back and rewatched some of it. Lance is back to the good old triple poke. The quick counter looks the same, the long counter gets a new animation while charging where he seems to crouch lower and huddle behind the shield even more than usual but appears to function like the current one. Otherwise it looks to be about the same as it was before.

You'd still be able to tell from the overall red that Rathalos has, like the scales around its legs. Here's a render of 3rd gen's Rathalos for comparison.

Which is completely fucking retarded because MH4U sold like god damn hotcakes and everybody in the west adored it. The west also adored all of the Souls games. The west doesn't want casual mechanics, the west wants social internet multiplayer and PvP.

Which is casual and cancer. The west doesn't want to hunt monsters in the first place. They want to hunt eachother. It's a cultural difference that you will never surmount by making the game easier.

Didn't it only sell like 1/3 of what the game sold at home? When people aim games at the West, they're aiming for Call of Madden numbers. Anything less is pointless for them, that's the only reason anyone in the industry gives a shit about the West.

This is even more retarded, though. They're considering anything less than #1 being top seller GOTY to be a failure.

It's worth noting that Monster Hunter is basically the king of video games here, rivaling Dragon Quest, so they're going to be disappointed with anything less in foreignerville.

It's gotta be true, they're insanely easy.

Hype is the fun killer.

I recall people talking about how the monsters in X seemed weaker in the nip version actually and that the games in the west were usually beefed up as in Nip land it was instead supposed to be more casual to facilitate the busier schedule the average nip has. This may have just been me misconstruing or getting false info and now that I think about it as MH wasn't even the main topic but instead the response to the NIOH demo data in which the east vastly thought it was too hard compared to the west wanting more challenge.
Cheers for the correction without chimping the fuck out.

This I've seen a lot of and whilst I agree its true I do feel its a horrid mis-step. The players who dislike stationary healing will still ignore MH regardless of them making the change or not and long-time fans will just be annoyed at the change.

The red scales here cover the entirety of Rathalos and are closer to an orange whereas the earlier pic is closer to a faded out pink-ish hue. The visual difference is pretty obvious and I will admit when I saw the gameplay leak I thought it was a Rathian until the announcer said it was a Rathalos and I got confused. The color in MHworld is by far less appealing and looks like a washed out mess that heavily put me off during the reveal too. It was like I was watching a Unity fan-made MG clone not an official trailer.

The absolutely fucking disgusting and unnatural looking flying animations didn't help either. Their retarded "open world" maps are actually a ruse because there are no large open areas to be had. Rathalos couldn't even fly around without looking stupid because the whole map is a series of corridors and hallways with assorted ramps and ledges.

So, all hopes for MHXX for the west are over then? Since MHW is coming next year they probably aren't wasting resources on it are they?
Or should i keep trying to get these tiny crowns for the 100% completion

I do think its unfair to outright say the open world maps are all bad considering we've only thus far seen one of the maps. Said map being a forest which is inherently not something one can easily create large open sections for by using the new method and even harder if the point of the map is to highlight the grapple hook as a tool. The original area styles definitely allowed them much more ease in creating wide spaces.

Also I think distilling the open world style to "It has to have huge open areas" is a kind of silly. The point of removing the load screens was to make game play flow better and not create this HUGE DENSE OPEN WORLD RICH WITH CONTENT FOR THE PLAYER TO EXPLORE(tm). There has been a few spots as large as the typical sections in older MHs but I am far from impressed, just like you.

Personally I don't feel like replacing a 2 second loading screen with a 15 second transition animation helps the gameplay flow better at all.

Must've been somewhere else, here in the MonHun threads people mainly thought it was the NA version that was easier, with some not noticing a difference.

And much obliged to you for the same - too many people double down on that kind of mistake.

I hate how nebulous the justifications are. "It improves flow" means diddly-fuck, half a second of loading screen doesn't negatively impact the thrill of a good hunt at all. It doesn't ruin the immersion, it has no real downside other than the fact that loading screens have become some sort of western taboo.

Pretty much. The only justification is "Oh you can't move in to another area to safely heal/sharpen" but there was nothing stopping them from making monsters do that before, and it seems that with all the stealth shit and being able to summon other players mid-hunt anytime, it's going to be even easier than before to find openings to heal (not that you need them since you can move while healing) and sharpen (if that's even still a thing)

Partly.
The bigger reason is to tell the player what to do and where to go.
You know, as if some sparkly shit flies in front of you to tell you where to go…

That's pretty disingenuous when what matters more can also be game-feel to help with MUH IMMERSHUN. The more you aren't in control can impact a players feeling of "being in the game man."

As for you, whilst I can agree on the surface saying "Immersion" is nebulous especially when immersion via mechanics can be just as powerful as immersion via removal of HUD elements and menus I will say, don't ignore that this does allow for some more interesting sections. The inside of what I assume to be a giant tree which lead up to Rathalos' nest was an interesting area and is something I'd point to as an example in the new designs favor. Fleeing the monster wasn't a 2sec load into the room follow by a 30 second walk out to a 2sec load screen where you had no way to lure the monster but was instead solid 30 seconds of gameplay with tension derived from the chase and some visually interesting navigation thanks to the hook.

I'm not saying this is world shattering or you have to like it, but implying its outright shit and doesn't allow for some changes is a bit of an overreaction and I am in the camp that agrees the change to map design was somewhat unnecessary. Especially when it seems the ability to lure a monster from trap to trap is just a complete bore and the only benefit being making healing harder by removing load screens as safety barriers was rendered moot by the change of moving whilst healing being added.

The same happens in the other games where monsters go to the other side of the map so you have to run through 2 empty zones to fight the monster again.

Yes, and those are annoying as hell, and thankfully usually limited to fliers (though occasionally you get diggers too.) Now it's going to be every monster in every fight.

Who could imagine the one involving walking through vast expanses of nothing could be called a walking simulator
It boggles the mind, truly

I mean, I get it, you haven't watched any of the demo footage, but you don't need to take it out on us

It's not even out yet and already you're trying to use a permutation of "you just haven't played it!". Amazing.

This

At least this time around you can actually stay on a monster as they try to flee.

I'd argue that chasing a monster you can physically keep up with or see fleeing from you is more exciting than the monster just limply teleporting away or flying away and instantly disappearing from onscreen, even if both are essentially the same thing.

Running after something you can't catch up to but constantly keep in line of sight and maintain the tension through the chase with the music not cutting out with your allies following after you or all taking their own paths through the environment via the hook with the chance an ally is still mounted on its back as it flees.
VS.
The monster disappears, music cuts out, all hunters stand around looking like retards as they wait for the map to indicate the new location. All hunters run to new location after a few have healed or sharpened. Chasing the monster consists of nothing exciting or interesting.

"You just haven't played it" is invalid as an argument because you can watch footage of it online
The same is not true of watching footage online because the only other thing you have to go on is secondhand comments and opinions from people on here
Kill yourself

If you can physically keep up with monsters, then their impact is lessened as they are now less imposing. If you can always mount a fleeing monster, then the sense is that you're not a monster hunter, just a regular hunter. Because at that point each monster is an obstacle, not a boss.

Feels good to be idort

What does Nintendo have to do with anything? I don't think anyone here owns a Switch OR a PS4, neither have had any exclusives yet, and I don't see World being worth buying for itself, much less buying new hardware as well.

Here's your (You).

Bloodborne's been out for like 2 years user

Not sure what that is, all I know is that everytime a game I want happens to be on it, it's a port of a Vita or PS3 title like with SRW V, Gundam Breaker 3, and Moon Dwellers.

So, rather than dwelling on this, who's up for hunting? I'm currently running through the early bit of a new game on 4G, so if people want to start fresh files there we could do that, or I can jump on my XX file.

I've revisited my G-rank XX file recently. I'm post HR break, but still have a tonne of stuff to do. I've only got the western version of 4G, so I'd need to download 4G and start fresh from there, and I don't think there are many people here who have 4G.

I know, everyone here remembers NMS but knew better.

The game just has a concept I have wanted to play in years, although watching people fight the same monster in the same area over and over again is making me less excited and just more worried about the game. Im also mad that they were constantly mounting it giving the players a bunch of free hits with barely any effort or risk. I understand how they managed to shit all over the monster in the fight due to it always happening in multiplayer, but I dont want to use another monster to kill one for me, it almost feels like im making the larger monster to the hunt for me, besides it would be unnecessary and time consuming to drag another one into the battle. I dont mind the more fluid gathering and combat, since im the kind of guy that likes fluid action games in general. I understand that hunters would have to manage their time and spacing in the battle to have opportunities to use attacks or potions but the older installments make it kind of frustrating for me to use potions because of that stupid flex, causing monsters to snipe me from across the map a fraction of the time. I dont understand why they wont show other weapons that they have already shown or new maps or monsters to generate more hype and discussion, it pisses me off.

I dont have as high hopes as I used to have when this game was announced but Im still going to get this as early as possible in the off chance that its actually good.

Fair enough. I'm going to be turning in soonish since I have work in the morning, but we should all post rooms more often so we can get games going.

I felt this way early on, but honestly I prefer i that way because it means I need to be careful and can't just drop healing freely whenever, and forces me to weigh risk and reward when deciding whether to use an opening as an opportunity to score hits or to get my own act back together.

Apparently you turn off voice acting and have the usual mon hun speak.

*you can

It's definitely been streamlined, but you're still slowed down and have to go through the animation to get the effects, so it's not like you can dodge everything that could ever come at you and get a full heal
And it's been said several times that they've made the monsters more unpredictable and aggressive, though I haven't really gotten that from the footage aside from them having the ability to chase you between areas

Also are you guys going to play 4G or 4U? Unfortunately Im not going to abandon my save file for 4G unless if we are going to start fresh, although i cant read nip. Otherwise if you are playing 4U, id be happy to join.

It's not a 100% get out of jail free card, but even if they made you still stop completely while drinking and just did away with the pose it would reek of dumbing down too hard for me, so this is just abominable.

Exactly, and they even said that the chasing thing is Anjanaf specifically, not all monsters will chase you while in rage. Either way, I'll believe it when I see it, most likely they just mean that you won't be able to predict them at first as a veteran because there'll be new patterns, but they'll be just as predictable as the old ones.

I'm starting a fresh file on 4G myself, working through the village plot at the moment to unlock shit and stock up on healing/support items and the like.

Why 4G user? Isnt that the nip version? Wouldnt you need an english patch to play it? Why cant you just start a file on 4U?

Im not trying to call you out or anything, you do you.

Because he's Japanese.

Man, I just think some of you are way overplaying how hardcore it is to have to set aside one second to heal
Even if you're playing alone without those annoying cats it's still not a challenge to find some time for that against most monsters
It's just that now it feels more like a natural part of the gameplay at the expense of increasing that window a bit, and I just can't bring myself to see that as a loss

Basically what said.

And yet there were tons of people for whom that one second was too hard, and those are the people World is being tailored specifically for. This is a problem at the core of the design philosophy for the game.

How?

Thats pretty cool! Im not going to download 4G but I guess we can play XX together. Planning on going for G-rank after i brush my teeth, solo or not brb.

I only remember people saying it was dumb and annoying, which I also think regardless of having long been used to it
By not rooting you to the ground and having you flex for no reason
If every time you swung a weapon it made your character do a jojo pose after just to extend the animation time, it would feel like you had far less control over your character, disconnecting you from the game

I'll probably be able to join for a couple hunts before bed.

Again, the Dengeki interview:

But there is a reason - to force you to be more careful and make sure you're safe before you use a medicine.

Hold on a second faggot. When you commit to a strong attack or something that benefits you it should have drawbacks. Long animations limit you so you can't just heal and do your best attacks whenever. There is a reason for this and it's because monsters suffer the same way. Positioning and timing are very important and this casual trash is sorely lacking in the latter based on videos shown. "Disconnecting you from the game" is just buzzwords for idiots that can't understand why there are risks involved with certain animations.

Yes sir!

MHXX ID
42-6920-0707-6339

As I said, im going to do this solo or not. Ill leave it open for you guys, join if you want.

Wait shit come back I didnt expect you to join that fast.

Wasn't me, was probably a random since you didn't set a password. I just joined.

That quote applies to all of monhun, the farther you go back the slower and clunkier everything is, and it's definitely a barrier to entry
Hell, it took me hundreds of hours before I could even stomach using the greatsword or hammer, and those are practically as fluid as twirling batons compared to some other weapons

And that's not completely gone, it wasn't even a huge problem to begin with as I've said

I wasn't arguing against committing to your attacks, I was arguing against dumb bullshit that makes no sense and takes control away from the player, like standing still and making jerking off motions with your hand just to extend the time of the animation despite you not needing to stand still and pretend to jerk off to accomplish the action

And I addressed this. It's so you can't just spam items while right on top of a monster with no penalty. If you don't like it then just don't fucking play monster hunter and go to a game that's more suited for you.

I really want to know where these people come from. Have some more rage.

But you can have a penalty without bullshit like that
There still is a penalty without bullshit like that

As someone who mained warrior in the first release of dragon's dogma, I know full well that a single "gotcha bitch" charge attack cannot carry an entire weapon's moveset, and that combined with the general slowness of the GS and hammer scared me off at first until I got used to the game with other weapons
I still don't think they're great weapons for a new player to learn with

And they decided to use "bullshit" like you so described. hundreds of thousands of monster hunter fans have no issue with it.

GS is one of the easiest and strongest weapons what the fuck are you smoking. Easy to learn and high skill ceiling.

Hammer was the first I played and what I learned the game with.
They're great for teaching fundamentals you faggot
What are you talking about, there's more too it but you have to play the damn game to figure that out

That third one is great but I can't wait for focus testers to ruin it and demand instant stealth.

See this doesn't even look like it's a monster hunter game tbh

Easy to learn, but it's frustrating if you don't like pulling it out to do a charge attack and then using precious time to put it away again to line up the next one

Sure, I guess the hammer's gotten the shaft so much with every new game it would sort of force you to get better to put up with it

And that's a good thing.

It's very significantly reduced.

And again, I reject that, because obviously there were people who couldn't take it, and thus have no business being the target audience, and yet now they are.

Then just remove the pose and make the action of drinking longer so it takes the same amount of time. It doesn't really matter what the animation is.

You do know you don't have to constantly re sheath? Sometimes you can sit on a monster and chain level 3 charge > side attack > level 3 over and over. Which is absolutely broken on parts with low stagger limits

Yeah, sometimes
It's really only a thing you can do on monsters with low mobility or ones you've already downed and have an opening on

Thanks again for the hunts, sorry I can't stay longer. I'll be around when I can though, so post rooms whenever you're on.

ok

You're fucking colorblind dude. I can easily tell the difference between the green of the trees, the purple-red of the Anjanath and the Rathalos only looks brown because of the harsh light that's shining on him.
Look at the Japanese gamepaly demo. Even though they decided to demo the game with the gamma set way too fucking high, you can still tell the Rathalos is red unless you're a colorblind idiot.

Balancing the walking by making the animation slightly longer is good. As long as they don't make that able to be canceled as well.

It looks like they take even longer than the flexing in main series, slowly heal over the entire duration of the animation, and getting hit will cancel any healing you haven't received yet while still consuming the entire potion.

So GS can go directly into a strong charge from a regular charge attack, and then gets a two-hit attack as a finisher. The last one looks like it might be chargeable too.

I'd appreciate the mechanic if the animation was shorter, consequently making the healing faster, if you stopped moving. It'd bring back at least some risk and decision making by the player.
Do you run around and have your health regenerate slowly, whilst you slowly sip the potion, or do you stay in place and gulp it down for a big burst of healing?

I'm curious. What do the Japanese fans think of this game? Do we have any moonspeaking anons who can trawl through the nip social media to give us an overview?

they've been shitting on it since its announcement

Wow, what a surprise! Who could have possibly expected this to happen?

i rember back when we moved to Holla Forums because we were a bunch of autists who wanted properly sourced news and facts

i rember

No, that was because cuckchan started censoring people and became reddit

There may be alot of likes there and in the eng trailer but a bunch of people here are shitting on the game too over on the English side, why shouldnt it be the same over there?

I would understand if the more traditional fans hate it ESPECIALLY because some japs hate the baka gaijin and whaitu piggu.

The English trailer is no different, and yet, there's a great deal of negative reception to MHW from fans in the west.

Are you retarded? Being taken out of a game like that completely ruins the thrill, especially if you know the monster will give you a few seconds before phasing into existence from the same hallway. When I played 3U on the Wii U, the loading screens were closer to five seconds, which definitely broke the pace of the game.

Loading screens are awful and should be eliminated whenever possible, you battered housewife. If they're finally moving past the memory limitations of designing for the PS2 and 3DS, then good for them.

Do you seriously believe a monster existing in the world and playing by the same rules as the player makes it less impactful? You still need to catch the monster to mount it.

Full disclosure: I gave MH3U on the Wii U an honest try (about a dozen hours, if memory serves), but overall I recognize the series is not for me. There are a variety of reasons for this (you've probably heard them before but I can go into detail if people are interested to hear the pleb perspective), but one of the biggest was exactly what you're describing with the stupid posing animations after my character consumed a healing item or something. I don't have any problem with my character taking a long time to use an item or to heal; it's fine with me if healing carries a four-second animation because it's a risk.

However, in an action game like MH, responsive and tactile animations are extremely important. I don't have a problem with the attack animations being slow or having lots of recovery, but I never felt good about consuming a healing item. I want to drink a health potion to recover my health, not drink a health potion, THEN pose for two seconds, THEN get cockslapped by a dinosaur.

What truly drove me up the wall is how simple the solution would be, in that you just make the animation take longer and don't have the player character do some completely unrelated animation after eating/drinking. If the player spent a second putting a flask away after drinking, it would be fine. Better yet, you could just have the drinking animation take, you know, four seconds in the first place, but if they're well and truly committed to having recovery on healing, then there are infinitely better ways to do it. Every time I had to heal or boost my stamina, I thought "man, that's so fucking stupid" and it completely killed my interest and immersion in the game.

I truly don't mean to sound like a newfag graphics snob; I understand the appeal of the gameplay loop, and I normally try to accommodate odd visual quirks in order to serve gameplay, but there's something about the posing that triggers the fuck out of me.
MHW looks interesting and I may give it a torrent if the PC port isn't complete dogshit.

Looking great, but i want more HBG details
Also chargeblade gameplay when?

Can you tell the Rathalos is red at a glance? Because that looks really drab which is my original point, it's not a vibrant red, it's dull like every other color in the game. That's the problem I have with the artstyle of all these modern games, everything looks drab and dulled out.

It's just people who bought a Switch expecting MHXX to be released, so now they have no reason to justify their purchase.
I'm just happy that another game is coming out for xbox.

A lot of what I've seen outside of /mhg/ is negative. It isn't the majority opinion, but it's a decently large amount. Did you see the twitter responses to that Socks guy? They were almost all pissed. Sure, the people in youtube comments love it, but people on youtube are complete fucking retards who think that opening a box is a majestic feat worthy of the highest praise Man can receive.

I checked out the monster hunter subreddit for a bit of news just once and it turns out that shits going ham over there too, they still are a bunch a cucks.

Unless we're seeing some kind of complete bastardization of the series where it's being made into a "cinematic narrative experience" or some shit, there's not a whole lot to whine about.

Look at it this way.. Do you care about the item use animations, or do you care about hunting monsters? Do you care about arbitrary limitations and restrictions, or do you care about hunting monsters? Do you care about being stuck in the lobby with the same group of japanese retards until they ragequit or cart 3 times, or do you care about hunting monsters?

I care about challenging, skill-based gameplay that rewards learning from your mistakes and becoming more efficient. That is what makes hunting monsters fun.

I was a little pessimistic beforehand, but this honestly doesn't look bad. I was worried the item use changes would be just the tip of the iceberg, but from the looks of it the core combat is pretty much the same. I'm moderately excited.

That said, I don't like the scoutflies, the voice acting (hopefully it's true that you can turn that off), or the fact that you can fast travel back to camps and not just between them. I also hope they don't fuck up the Heavy Bowgun too much.

What now?
Is it time to buy one of those new fangled PS4's or Xbones?
Or do i sit and watch to see if it tanks? It's gonna be well advertised, i guarantee it

Oh yeah user, the first mainline monhun being released on PC is definitely a reason to buy a console, get out there and get yourself an XxxbonexxX

I recommend sit and wait whatever happens.

I get the bad feeling that either it's going to be praised by casuals when it's nothing impressive and more like a monster hunter spin-off a la MHX or the game is bad and all the casuals go full damage control and the game tanks and we get MHXX announced at the end of the next year

but at the very least it's going to be in PC, from what I've seen from the game it looks pirate worthy and comfy enough to play

Garbage port has garbage loading times. It's nowhere near that bad on 4U.
Shit opinion, stopped reading there.

Epic.

Epic.

Consider sudoku.

Honestly, the only thing that was stopping me from getting into Monster Hunter was my intense hatred of having to play it on the 3DS. That problem is now eliminated, so I can finally jump into the series.

You've been able to jump into the series for years. Get out shill.

You could've emulated Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd from the PSP, or Tri from the Wii, and not only play them on PC but online with other people as well, at any time. For years.

I also intensely hate digital camera controls. I tried getting into MH3U on Wii U and instantly disliking it just because on it's camera controls alone. The swimming made me stop playing altogether. I imagine emulating the PSP games or Tri would have the same issues. It's a shame 4U was never ported to the Wii U because that really seemed like the one I could have sunk my teeth into.

Last week I tried the original Monster Hunter on PCSX2 and I immediately stopped because attacking was mapped to the fucking stick. Why anyone ever put up with that shit is beyond me.

That's exaggerating, you're making it seem like World is a first person shooter with no monster hunting

user, beware that you wont be playing the "same" kind of game, it is far removed from the previous entries in the series. This game is experimental too so we dont know what to expect, personally the closest thing ive seen to this is dragons dogma in a way, but with more interactive but smaller environments. While Im cautiously optimistic, some of us already dismissed it as trash. Knowing all of this…

Beware.

Also if you're going to get the game on ps4, I would enjoy hunting with you sometime.

Right having it be some weird half baked souls clone is better.
Especially after the massive shitheap that was gen/XX I really don't know how anyone could be excited for this. Well unless you're just a deluded fanboy, but that's a given.

I never said anything positive about the game, I was just pointing out how the other user was exaggerating a bit.
You might wanna stop being a sperg maybe.

If you look at the gameplay released today compared to the gameplay of every single other game in the franchise, then you will see what everybody is freaking out about.

It still is MH, but its not exactly the same.

Some say that the series is evolving, i just think of it as some kind of bizzaro spinoff.
Even though its actually Monster Hunter 5

Compare Monster Hunter Generations to the original on PS2; the series has gone full, over-the-top anime, it can use another change.

Then make sure you're going to have enough time to heal safely.

But that would be exactly the same. It's literally no different. What are you even complaining about?

Like the PC port that one looks like it's Western only.

If you were playing 3G on Wii U, it let you use the second stick for camera, no idea if the Western version kept that or not though. If you emulate the PSP games, you can map the D-Pad controls to a stick to allow for camera control that way.

Because the game was good enough that people were willing to put up with it. Even then it didn't really take off until it got ported to the PSP, which fixed the controls.

It did, but it was still digital camera controls, basically acting like the D-Pad. Back then, I had just come off of playing MGS: Peace Walker HD religiously, so it was rather jarring to see such a shoddy port job right next to such a good one.

You people are overreacting even by Holla Forums standarts.
To the point that i think there is something else going on.
I play the series since fucking FU and aside from minor details like scout flies, the game seems decent enough.

That's exactly the issue. It doesn't look good. Personally I think it looks like shit outside of combat. Not as good as some of the older games. If Capcom can prove to us monsters are more aggressive to make up for the casualized shit then I'll shutup.

You're forgetting exactly how many franchises this company has raped and buried over the years. We have every right to assume this is going to be bargain bin tier, western-casualized bullshit.

I'm not sure what you mean then. Do you mean how when pushing up or down it's tiered? Because the series has always been like that, that only changed for underwater in Tri/3G and then from 4 onward in general. Even then, that only applied to vertical camera, horizontal camera was fluid.

The Shirubemushi are pretty indicative of the overall Westernization/casualization approach they're taking to World, and quite frankly they make it impossible to see shit sometimes. For all the people going on about textures or what not, I'm finding the game to look visually far worse than even the original Monster Hunter, because the graphics they're implementing interfere with seeing what the fuck is going on.

You're forgetting this is their second strike in a row here. MHXX is awful, and this one is shaping up to be not even a MH game and instead some random "lets bring it to the west" garbage

Was the horizontal not tiered? I don't recall. If vertical was still tiered, that would still have thrown me off. I realize that's how every MH has done it, but it's not how every other game I've ever played does it, and it was enough to make me not want to play the game.

I realize I'm mostly just moaning about how I can't adapt to this series' highly specific controls, but I just want to play a MH that's not stuck on a handheld and doesn't have weirdo non-standard camera controls. Like, if 4U had made it to Wii U, I would have played the shit out of it.

Well, XX is getting ported to a TV console, so you'll get your wish there.

Is Stories good? A translation got released.

No

I has no space for a PC m8. And don't know how to build one either
Almost Japanese style living in my place and if it don't fold up or slide away its either furniture or a bed.

The problem isn't even that it's turn-based a Monster Hunter/Sekaiju no MeiQ crossover could be really good for instance it's that the combat is literally Janken.

I just bought a larger sd card so i could fit more games on my n3ds. I do like some turn based games so Ill give it a try once it gets an English release and judge how it is for myself.

I also tried watching the anime
I couldnt get past half of the first episode

No the best thing was seeing a monster limping away, knowing where its going to go and then beating it there and then pounding its face in when it gets there to find you waiting for it.

No reason to wait for a censored release, it's bad enough in the original.

Are they? The trailer didn't get many dislikes.

It is looking like they're making it casual and removing the Jap zany that made it fun to appeal to the west. It's an attempt to trade their existing audience for a larger one - we're not supposed to like it.

That was, by far, the thing that annoyed me the most, if the monsters will be this tame and this slow, then any semblance of challenge goes away.
For this game to actually feel good, every monster needs to be at least on the level of aggressiveness as tigrex and jho with the only exceptions being the stealthy bastards like khezu, gigi and narga that should be more about ambushing the hunters than confronting them head on.

Jesus Christ, do you have autism? That isn't the fucking point. The final dependent clause in that sentence is facetious. I don't want the heal times to be shorter. Shit's sake.
I will try to explain this as clearly as I can.

For balance purposes, say the healing takes four seconds; I don't know the exact number for each game. The most logical, obvious, common sense thing to do is to have a healing animation that takes four seconds. Left 4 Dead, for instance, has its characters use first aid kits to bandage each limb so the animation synchronizes with that game's five-second heal timer. However, Monster Hunter has a million items and many different item types, so they can't have a single, polished animation for each type of consumable, even the ones which refill health.

This is fine. It would be silly for the game to have a million different consumable animations, and I don't bemoan the lack of a delicate drinking animation for potions or a frantic chewing animation for herbs or whatever. I can also understand why they would make the item animations have recovery just like the attacks and other moves, but the way they chose to convey this recovery to the player is what irks me. Why does it have to be a stupid pose? Why can't the player character just put a flask back in his pocket or wipe his mouth?

This is basic choreography in animation, film, and theatre; one motion leads to the next.

Everything but the posing follows a species of logic: it makes sense for a giant hammer or sword to have recovery on each swing, and for certain swings to have more or less depending on how the wielder swung. It makes sense for the sheathing or unsheathing of a weapon twice your size to be deliberate and clunky. It makes sense the player character wouldn't be able to cancel the recovery frames of an attack because the combat is deliberate and the weapons are fucking gigantic. It doesn't make sense for the player character to drink a potion and immediately do a Charles Atlas pose to demonstrate how strong he is.

I don't expect you to agree with me given you've been playing the games for years and obviously have no qualms with this visual problem, but do you at least understand why people would dislike it? I feel like I'm talking to a wall.
I still think MHW looks interesting and I'll torrent it if the PC port isn't a buggy mess.

Flexing/Striking a pose is a classic way to show that a character has been reinvigorated or gained strength.
It's like you've never watched old cartoons before.

Try talking to a GS main sometime. They're like all the autism of the MH playerbase distilled into its purest form.

What are the odds that Monster Hunt World is cross platform?

+er*

0% chance, Capcom can't even undo their fuckups with V's netcode without Bamco's help.

I tried out the game with the english patch and I fucking abhor it. I could not make it past the beginning before even the main character is introduced due to the dialogue being so cringe worthy and badly written. It was just as bad as the anime I never got to actually start playing the game. Not like it would have been any better.

That game is a mistake. Im uninstalling this shit as soon as i possibly can. My suggestion to /mhg/ is to just pretend it doesn't exist.

Nigger, that shit is just legos. You plug the thing in the slot it's shaped like.

I had forgotten how much of a grindfest Deviants were. Trying to get the G5 version of any of the old ones' equipment takes an eternity. And this is just the weapons, I don't even want to imagine how awful getting the armor sets would be, if any of them were actually good. You'd be looking at about 30 hunts at least, possibly more depending on how lucky you are with the extra tickets. At the very least, being able to craft the stuff at G1 would be nice, even if you still had to grind the deviant to that rank to unlock that option.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone not suffering from intense autism would be so fixated on realism that they'd be bothered with it being put to the side for the sake of game balance.

user if a stupid spic can do it so can you. Just make sure you buy compatible parts; it'll be one of the best purchases you can make.

If you're interested in doing so, I found this site to be helpful in terms of making sure everything was compatible: logicalincrements.com/ . That said, PC is primarily an emulator, so while great for older games, anything newer than PSP/DS is still going to require the appropriate console.

But it's also autism preventing people from being okay with the change despite it being balanced
We've seen plenty of footage of the game at this point, so it's not a knee-jerk "CASUUALS" reaction anymore, it's just people used to something not being okay with a relatively minor change

The footage we saw last night made it clear the change ISN'T balanced though, and that's where the problem is. If you still had to stand still through the whole animation that'd be one thing, but it's very clear that you are still definitely mobile throughout the use of medicine and meat alike, as well as presumably sharpening if that is even still something you do in this game.

The old animation was 1 to 1.5 seconds of you standing still
This new animation is 4-5 seconds of you being able to move at a slightly slower pace than normal walking
Truly, this breaks the game, now all those jaggis will never be able to catch up to you

I noticed that if you get hit during a heal, it cancels any healing you hadn't already received, and still uses up the potion. This will possibly make it even harder for the people who hated the long heal animations, especially considering the longer animations. Now, they'll end up wasting a potion and not even get healed if they still manage to get hit. The old system seemed a lot better overall, it taught newer players one of the most basic skills they need to play MH - looking for openings so they can take an action - while also providing more of an incentive to not get hit because of the long opening you need to heal. This new system is likely to remove a bit of the difficulty for even moderately skilled players, while also removing a great learning opportunity for newer players.

I wonder how mega potions, max potions, etc will work. Same animation time as regular potions but bigger heals? Or will they take even longer and heal at the same speed? I'm holding out some hope that the new system might be bearable, even if I preferred the old one.

This is upsetting. I don't know when this was changed or why but I don't like it.

Anyway, is anyone around for some hunting?

World doesn't look as bad as we've been making it out to be. Besides removing the flex from the potion animation, gameplay seems to be mostly intact. I hope the changes to the monster AI will make small monsters a little more realistic. It always felt silly for herbivores to be perfectly calm with an angry Tigrex rampaging just a couple meters away.

I hope Apceros stop being cunts for this reason.

I'll be available probably in an hour or so if you're still around.

Does anyone know anything about that sort of pulse monitor thing? Rewatching some of the stream, I noticed it by the health bar. It seems to pulse more rapidly when the monster is enraged, but the spikes grow weaker as the monster takes damage, then flatlines as it dies. I'm not exactly sure if that's how it works, but it appears to be a rage monitor/pseudo-healthbar hybrid.

I'm still around.

I meant "by the minimap".

They said they wouldn't display monster health, but I have a feeling it's part of how the new monster AI works, rather. You can see from the way it works during a mount that it goes red and spiky when it's trying to shake the hunter off. Feels like an aggro meter.

Yeah that seems to be pretty much it
There are little icons for every monster on the map and it switches display to the one you're currently fighting, and near the end of the fight it's practically flat no matter what the monster's doing
The speed changes could mean everything, but the size is clearly meant to be a super vague indication of how close you are to finishing the fight
Kind of a weird thing to implement, seeing as how the monster breaking apart and starting to limp and run away and all that during the fight does a way better job of that in the first place

Cool, just cleaning up dinner, go ahead and put up a room and I'll be able to join soon.

ID: 34-5100-9450-3317
Pass: 8888

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE GAME'S BALANCE YOU STUPID FUCKWIT

I DON'T WANT THE TIMING TO CHANGE, I JUST WANT THE ANIMATION TO BE LESS FUCKING RETARDED

STOP DELIBERATELY MISINTERPRETING WHAT I SAY

STOP DELIBERATELY CONFLATING REALISM WITH GOOD ANIMATION

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Calm down user, there is no reason to get this angry with another user over animations in a game.
Go play some games and come back when you're less prone to sperging all over the thread.

DO you take offense to a silly pose? What would you prefer for a cooldown animation, tossing the empty bottle away or something? At this point what difference does it make?

The new animation is triple the length and consists only of drinking the potion and nothing else
How is this so hard for people to wrap their heads around

Well since you can chug while running it's a moot point isn't it?

Not really
Also we're talking about just the animation, which would be the same regardless of whether or not you choose to move
Are you saying they couldn't make it so that you flex like an idiot while walking?

And I'm saying only a complete autist would care at all.

What does that accomplish? Keep you from dash attacks? Flexing for standing still makes sense, shows you are in a lock.
Doing it while running is just redundant

Never change, user.

And drinking the potion doesn't? Have the games allowed you to run around while chugging all this time but only lock you in place once the flex starts afterwards and I just didn't notice?

Only one so far allows you to drink and run, unless you count mosswine jerky, and its not even out yet. I really don't understand your issue over an animation lock to dissuade pot spam

So now not only do you not understand what's being talked about, but you're also introducing entirely new aspects to it

I am starting to think this is not about monster hunter and that you'd be shitting up this thread regardless of a current topic.

You jumped into an argument about animation to talk about timing and game balance when the two are not inherently related

Thanks for the hunts!

Never change, /mhg/.

Room's closed now. Thanks.

After two hours of fucking about with homebrew launcher and FBI, I give up.

…I never cared much for monster hunter anyways.

What user? Give up at doing what? Im listening.

Mind if I chime in on the drinking while moving part. Would this be more balanced if you stand still while drinking you're locked, but you drink faster and regain red HP + pot HP but if you move while drinking it takes longer and you only get pot HP?

I always felt that the silliness of the flex added a little charm. Kinda makes you feel like Popeye after he eats his spinach

I used this video guide to install FBI and homebrew launcher. However, I don't know how to use FBI to scan that QR code to get the game.

Well now I'm just mad there's still not a fist weapon

What the fuck user. Why didnt you just use the guide on 3ds.guide?!?!? Anyways…

Its in

Or you can get freeshop and download MHXX through there, along with all the rest of the 3ds mh games. There are tutorials online on how to set freeshop up, and once your done, have fun with most of nintendos 3ds library.

Holy shit, this thing is too metal to exist

The closest we've got are the tonfas from Frontier. It'd be nice if they were brought into the mainline games in an extremely nerfed form. There's really not enough variety in blunt weapons.

why live tbqh fam

Now this is the thinking man's fetish. But I fear MonHun can't handle this level of 「R O M A N」.
On the day that vidya let's me suplex a dragon into the ground I'll die a happy autist.

How about a train? youtu.be/_PVKOesnxQI?t=38