We make ourselves sad

wtf happened to Barkley Shut Up & Jam Gaiden 2? aka some long shit. The rewards are great. We all know sjews scam for days, but it sucks seeing when potentially good shit falls on it's ass.
kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/description

also a nostalgia and failure thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/emKdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Qskct-XZz3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=IJTTGRdjoXY&list=PL5fmNMqR83AdNRhN3aT7T47LXsmU3JbYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dead kickstarter thread?

Jak
Motorstorm
Dead Space

Platformers

Finished products

Enjoyable clever fun

Barkley 2 is still in quiet development, no?

whatever purifies your waifu

if you can call estimated delivery of Dec 2013 and the updates page still in dev, i guess.

NiCALiS killed that game. Devs need to fucking stop trusting that company, they fuck over 3 different devs hard and ran away with their money

That and they blew away all the funds.
Can people pursue legal action if they don't deliver by a certain date?

Thankfully someone is making a loader for SEGA arcade cabinets (RingEdge / RingWide) so even if you don' get the copy you'll get the original soon enough.

last update was from march

Is youtube completely broken for anyone else?

spoonfeed me on NiCALiS? Same guys that Edmund McThickwife trusted with BoI?

Diddy Kong Racing 2 never ever

They already gave a release date, dude. It's coming out in 2023.

Also the numerous Cave Story butcherings.

looks like they can if they lawyer up hard enough.

fucking forgot about that. Only really followed them because of Edmund. He went pretty hard about assholes, guess you can't trust anyone. YT is working fine here btw

They dropped the ball several times on tBoI but Fagmund was in it too.
There's the whole La-Mulana eShop port fiasco
The Cave Story + / 3D bullshit
I also think there's been some shit with Nightsky and Toribash

found some shit about La-Mulana. tyrone's a real kosher burrito isn't he? Edmund and DannyB split because Danny is a progressive bootlicker, and Ed shit all over indie game awards. he gets some slack from me

Oh and forgot a few other
The Guxt and Ikachan 3DS ports Why does Pixel still trust those clowns at this point is beyond me but whatever
Actually every fucking ports to Nintendo consoles have been disasters with years of waits and cancellations left and right
Everything about how they handled Yatagarasu

You know a company has fucked up when even Neofag shits on it.

I'm not really up to date about anything Binding of Isaac, do you mind telling me what Edmund has done with Nicalis?

A game being made by "ironical" nigger-loving neojew goony faggots is taking a long time? Colour me shocked.

First major scam: Not fucking working on the La Mulana wiiware localization they were paid to do.

Second major scam: putting the Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm console ports on indefinite hiatus after draining all of the dev's money.

Third major scam: cockblocking 90's Arcade Racer's release.

There are a fuck load more smaller things like said, but those are the biggest

Hmmm. Is it a warning?

So there's a chance? Honestly, after Liru I find it hard to believe anything is truly never ever

Don't trust localization teams/publishers that start with N should be the moral of the story

Checks out. Only outlier seems to be 8-4

Just BoI remake that I know of.

>>>/britpol/

well, certainly accomplished the goal of making me sad. thanks.

I know the devs ported cave story to everything, whats the deal with + ?

What happened with ika chan ?

Bandai Namco and Gaijinworks are ultra shit too, but they both have an N in their names. Change it to "Never trust a localization team/Publisher with N in their name"

>8 minus 4

Also speaking of cave story

god dammit. spend more time dodging bullshit than actually playing these days and i'm a fucking casual at it

That was the most objective one sentence description of them I could think of. Sorry to offend your sensibilities.

What if I told you they're working on a project with the Umihara devs

Shitty remake of cave story, it doesn't look or sound better but they changed everything so they gave it a bigger price tag, only saving grace is that I think you can revert everything back to the original version, but then why wouldn't you just get the free version to begin with considering the fucking thing runs on almost everything too thanks to libretro

Well you would think that after porting Cave Story to fucking everything they would have no issue porting a couple games made in pretty much the same engine really fast.
Well that's you're you're wrong, they should have ported both Guxt and Ika chan but ended up porting only Ika chan with massive delays.

not that I give a shit about Spiderman, but fuck, every day I want to find a replacement hobby a little bit more. Watching 30 years of amazing vidya grow and evolve, only to regress so much in a decade is fucking awful.

archive.fo/emKdQ

Is this nigger Mr. Magoo or what?

Anonymous agony chapter 2 when?

I'm sorry. No more please.

Same here, noone else seems to have any problems and googling it just makes shit from 2014 pop up.

Youtube, broken? Nah.

You can't run; more sadness
The cycle is beginning again.

I know you guys are going to bully me, but I don't even care about the game anymore, I only wished Eric kept making his music or worked in another project. I love these jams.

theUnsungStory

A turn based game made in "collaboration" with itsuno. The team was a bunch of mobile devs, they took everyones money, and then after 6 months past the expected released date of the game they just reposted their initial kickstarter video and some screenshots. The models were shit, looked like a crpg, basically they had fuck nothing and people were pissed. They've gone completely silent now and it looks like the have already been working on another mobile game. It's funny because Itsuno has never been on a single video of theirs.

Never trust playdek

Man this thread really makes me want to dig up what happened with Firefall's development and actually read through it instead of skimming it

ye yever ever

this guy's legit a sociopath.

i'll bully the fuck out of you if you don't post more

lucky you

It works now for me. Was getting a "server not found" error for like an hour or so.

Youtube has giving me problems for a couple of days now, all troubleshooting basically comes down to "delete your youtube cookies" which didn't solve everything. I'm having problems with the UI disappearing and audio starting to play from the start once you pause something, comments also dont load.

I know this has been done to fucking death, but goddamn this hurts

I cannot fucking express my absolute disgust for Valve, but I've wanted closure for so long now while the years pass like tears in the rain

That's literally all I have, but here's some links:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qskct-XZz3Q

youtube.com/watch?v=IJTTGRdjoXY&list=PL5fmNMqR83AdNRhN3aT7T47LXsmU3JbYs

And in the embed a mix he made of pc98, x68000 and the likes music, probably inspirational shit for him.

went down the rabbit hole. have some more shit

always liked sweet and sour. thanks user

I've started doing other shit like cooking, bonsai, and model kits in order to try and get away from games.
Gaming has just become such an angry and disappointing hobby.

I saw Kawase-chan in a fighter on twitter and I got really excited.

Well the devs are handling the PC version by themselves. So worse case scenario is of NiCALiS tries to cockblock it like 90's Arcade Racer; the devs will just pull all of NiCALiS' characters out of the game and release it since they own the IP name and 80% of the roster.

Genuine-User is right, though. The CPU is the limiting factor, even if Spider-Man was on the Xbone X, because the CPU in that is also poor.

Wow, they are really riding the Cave Story thing hard. Fucking disgusting considering that they didn't make it.

I knew that this game was going to take way longer than Q4 2013, but this is ridiculous. The game missed its first deadline during my freshman year of college and it still isn't out now that I've graduated. Is the virtual equivalent of pic related going to happen?

In light of the MOBA and Arena shooter genres as well as mobile market all my friends have been in love with for years now, I have come to look at the MMO genre in a better light.
I can find more depth in your average MMO.
It is for that reason that I can find unhappyness when thinking of the MMOs that never came to be.

EverQuest Next is my most personal pained example.
I liked the look of it and the design of the combat.
All that really came about was a kind of map tool called Landmark that was server driven and finally went down this year.

Beyond that is the MMO Overwatch almost became, a kind of city of heroes with style perhaps.
Supposedly about earth after an alien invasion with a set up similar to The Secret World.

Lastly is World of Darkness Online.
A fairly adult themed MMO based on World of Darkness.
Feels like the biggest missed opportunity to make something incredibly unique.

The PS2 had a 300 MHz processor and consistently cranked out 60 FPS (or near it) games. This is a game design problem.