Far Cry Thread

I rather enjoyed Far Cry 2. Should I get Far Cry 3 or 4?

No

The 4-player co-op side story is pretty fun.

As long as you don't pay for them, yeah.

1. Dont give ubishit money
2. Every far cry after 1 is shit.

3 and 4 are nothing like 2. You will not have a good time if that's what you're looking for. Also, you should never ever give money to Ubisoft.

Unless it's Rayman. But it's never Rayman these days so don't give them money.

Heres a funny thought. Imagine if STALKER went the Far Cry route.

I guess you don't keep up with current events, do ya OP? 2 was the last good game. Everything that came after was just cheap tripe.

Dont even give them money for rayman. Ubi deserves no money for anything.

Try 3 and if you like it enough to beat it, try 4. It's not like they're hard to obtain.

user stop. Meme magic is not something to toy with.

OP here, i'll just reinstall FC2 then.

Thanks

Yes, pirate FC3 and then FC4.

Only if you pirate it, even then only download Far Cry 3 or Far Cry 4, not both. They are basically the same game.

No.
None of them are even remotely similar to 2.
Pirate Blood Dragon for having stupid fun but that's about it.

Smart fucking man.

the only correct answer ITT

Not as in pay money for a DRM ticket.

Blood Dragon is a must play

That would be a terrible mistake.

Pirate Far Cry 3, then pirate Blood Dragon after beating it.
Far Cry 4 is a shittier version of Far Cry 3.

FC3 is better than 2 imo.

Far Cry 1 is the only good one.

3 is godawful, it plays like cod and you are some murican high school faggot

4 looks okay but is also shit

Play Primal, its alright if you turn everything off and dont upgrade. If have an extreme conditions fetish its great.

Eat a dick faggot, Primal is shit because the melee combat is shit.

Far Cry 3 is okay, especially if you get the right mods to make it more difficult and more realistic. Far Cry 4 is just Far Cry 3 but with shittier writing Save for Pagan, who is arguably the best 'did nothing wrong' villain of all time. It's got some minor gameplay improvements and more interesting traversal mechanics, but a blander everything else. Pick one, don't play both, since you'll be essentially playing the same game twice.

look an edgy murikan, lmao

Just play Crysis

It's fun but it's a far cry from the most amazing action fps out there.
Try the award winning Skyrim or Fallout 4 on for size!

look, I get that you wanna show you're hip with the memes, or trying to fit in, but try forcing it less

If you liked how un-gamey far cry 2 was, then you will hate 3 and 4.

Personally I didn't much care for far cry 2. Main thing was the malaria and instantly respawning checkpoints, granted I played it at launch, and only shorty there after.

3 has some redeeming qualities, but 4 is utter shit. Terrible writing, characters, missions, map, weapons. Absolutely nothing positive to say about 4, in fact the "secret ending" that you can unlock 2 minutes into the game is a better ending.
In either case I would find the absolute cheapest price *wink wink*

Yes. FC2 is a steaming pile of shit compared to FC3. I can't say about FC4 because I never played it, but supposedly it's just more of FC3.

Play Far Cry 3.

buy farcry 5 so you can shoot nazis

Play either 3 or 4, not both

If you enjoyed the harsher mechanics of 2, Stalker might be a better series for you.

3 was good fun
4 is shit from every perspective though

What happened to this place?

Please no.

Reminder that FarCry is the only good FarCry and that FarCry 2 niggers are underage 7th Gen shitters.
Blood Dragon was alright

All the decent posters have left and thanks to E3 and Summer which usually translate in banned 4cuck niggers coming here they're the vocal majority now.
8/v/ is no different from cuck/v/ now, I don't know why I still post here anymore

Because Holla Forums is the 4chan of two years ago, and even that's better than literally Reddit.

I hope you're right, I don't want to see these shits stay affect the board any longer than their parents allow them to. I remember the times when even fc2 was considered shit.

fullcuckchan has been dead since the kike allowed leftypol and cuteboys to be made

Even Farcry 1 is barely good, to be honest. I sure love enemies shooting at me through walls.

Someone idiot likes it, calm yourself.
Do you absolute morons forgot when we had DOTA,LOl,etc. threads September 2014? No censorship, no game that we can't talk about this was back then. I would gladly have faggots talk about Life is Strange than a template thread. No one is going to ban you if you call the others shit taste, call him a nigger or that Zoey Quinn is giving him blowjobs to talk how great Far Cry is. Bullying newfags is the de-facto method you should employ

At least it was interesting though. I'd rather be hunted by rocket-launching mutants than do chores for nigger tribes and climb the same radio tower 65 times

The AI for the grunts in fc1 was all over the place. Sometimes they would know you're exact location from the other side of the map and land perfect headshots, other times they'll be lobotomized retards who can't aim for shit if you just walk up to their faces. Besides a few shortcomings, the game is great.

Don't be lazy, proofread what you type.
Did you forget that we used to have daily undertale and overwatch threads not too long ago? One cancer leaves, another pops up. I'm more angry that the general opinions of the board changes with every newfag. Calling them out got old by 2015 for me.

Nah. Far cry 2 was a serious, even intelligent game.

Far cry 3 is mainstream trash for the lowest common denominator. I always finish my games but I just couldn't with 3.

THATS A BUG YOU FUCKING IDIOT IT ONLY HAPPENS IN THE TENTS

Only buy games made by Americans, published by Americans, and designed to appeal to Americans. Communists have invalid American citizenships so they are not Americans.

Yeah totally just one little bug and not all around horrendously programmed AI. I liked the game but it's just a straight up lie to say the AI isn't broken as hell.

Do people here use /s?
Do we have daily console war threads?
Do we have 3 mobile thread daily?
As long as these things are not true, we're still much, much better than halfchan Holla Forums.

Yes
Yes
No
We aren't very far off.

Far Cry 3 is basically what Far Cry 2 should have been. The downside is you have to play as an annoying millennial.

The lead up to E3 has increased consolewar shit by at least 1000%.

What's /s?

/sarcasm
Only faggots use it

I hate them so much.

Fuck. I'm triggered.

My Nigga!

no

/thread

A different version of it
Yes
Yes

Also If you sided with the subhumans over your degenerate Aryan friends you deserved to die. You filthy race traitor.

Vaas did nothing wrong.

There's a huge difference between FC2 and all the games that came after it in that FC2 is actually good and all the subsequent entries in the series are complete shit

FC3 and FC4 are little more than ridiculous power fantasies that hold little to no challenge or complexity. The story and writing is extraordinarily weak and unrealistic. FC2 was African Diamond Conflict Simulator; FC3 and FC4 are lowest-common-denominator consolized garbage

FC1 was pretty good too. FC2 was good but malaria and lack of inter faction fighting killed it for me. Still gotta agree with you, FC2 was arguably the best of the series because it didn't coddle you as much. FC3 and Blood Dragon are fun in their own way but feel like they are too dumbed down to give any real sense of accomplishment (unless modded).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is the best Far Cry.

I actually liked the malaria bit because it really set the mood. It made you feel like the environment itself was trying to kill you. It really underlined the theme that you were an outsider coming into a hostile foreign hellscape that was, down to the very core of its being, broken and unfixable. It's the exact opposite of the feeling of invincibility that you get in FC3 and 4.

True but it also caused a few annoying glitches like the running out of pills and never being able to get more glitch or the permanent malaria vision glitch.

Can't really fault that on the malaria mechanic itself. Varying degrees of minor and major bugs plague every Far Cry game from 2 onward because these things don't get polished or extensively patched at all.

Indeed. The mechanic itself did add to the difficulty and in many instances kept you on your toes and from getting too comfortable. The glitch only becomes evident if you stay away from the main missions for too long and attempt to do all of the side quests and collectables in one go. I would guess that they never tested for that during development and figured people wouldn't dick around in free roam mode for that long.

I know I'm not the first to say this but just play stalker.

You might enjoy Far Cry 3 but dont expect it to be anywhere near as hardcore as Far Cry 2. Stay away from Far Cry 4.