/agdg/ + /vm/ ~ Amateur Gamedev General

Programming Editon

What have you been programming lately, /agdg/? Why don't you post your code? you aren't embarrassed, are you?

>>>/agdg/
>>>/vm/

Old thread;

Other urls found in this thread:

opengameart.org/content/bolt-action-rifle-lee-enfield
forgottenweapons.com/larbalete-la-sauterelle-type-a-dimphy/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Joe_5_crossbow
puu.sh/wq7jq/ce9ba1c965.rar
volafile.org/get/X30XHwPFCWjH/digifarm DS.zip
my.mixtape.moe/rjuzih.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9VEIV7vlY&t=1s
3dgep.com/understanding-quaternions/
patreon.com/nogamesdev
dropbox.com/s/wew2iuyod26hcds/Rtype.gmx.rar?dl=0
en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/memory/unique_ptr/make_unique
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last time I was going to make this thread, some guy posted HIS thread on page 12, and it didnt even have an /agdg/ image, and people still posted on it.

Can the dev who made the shinobu face rig please show me how your mesh deformed?

let me idea guy for you o.k?

Deeds, not words. I want a bestseller idea that will make me millions on my desk in 5 minutes, or you're fired!

o.k just combine every current triple A game, boom

So an open-world survival multiplayer FPS with RPG elements where you're a black feminist transgendered lesbian fighting nazis in a post-apocalyptic fantasy galaxy? With day 1 DLC and micro-transactions, obviously.

Been looking into shaders. I managed to do something nice last time with a bit of copy paste and some minute understanding of the subject.
But it seems like something very basic I wanna do for a title screen would require me to either learn shaders outright, or edit an existing one in ways that I don't understand.
I'm not a nog or anything, but jesus fuck.

An RPG where you can't actually fight without everyone calling you a poopyhead, and there's a bunch of furry shit because those degenerates will buy anything. Throw some dykes in there, reddit-tier lol randumb humor, meta shit because who wants to get lost in a game world, amirite.
Then have every youtuber play it, and make shittrillions off of merchandise. Don't forget the custom made $3000 fursuits of the whole cast.

you forgot moba esports shit

I've spent the last 3 days rewriting all of Holla Forums's javascript for myself.

This is like how I play a videogame, have countless problems with it, and then subsequently start making my own game similar to it. I've wanted to do this for a long time because there's so many things that could be improved or added or removed, I'm looking at you screenshot capture, but I only now got tired enough of Holla Forums's shit to actually do it.

Most features are done, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to upload files. I actually have to make this post without my script to upload pic related.

Right now i'm working on optimizing my string drawing functions so that it only uses one draw call per string at most. I think in OpenGL immediate mode I can draw every charecter in between a glBegin / glEnd, but with the VBO extension every string will have to be done in a glDrawArrays call. Hopefully the graphics driver figures it all out. I should then refactor the code for Immediate mode to also use a glDrawArrays call, just since it should make it faster. Then I can start work on making it all work in Vulkan, since this new configuration will be much more "Vulkan-Friendly".

Its basically the only way to make the new thread. I know, you're right.

I don't use shaders more than I have too. I'm still used to legacy OpenGL.

Sounds pretty cool, I couldn't bring myself to use JavaScript though.

I'm just using Game Maker and there's no other way that I can think of to pull this effect off.
I might look into it a bit more.

will you post it?

I guess I can. I made it for myself though, and some of the changes are pretty specific. For example there's that new command line toolbar at the top where the posting controls go.

I'd probably have to make it more configurable, and change the CSS so it's compatible with the default blue theme.

Nice, I know I couldn't bring myself to write that much JS, especially not while also having to interact with 8ch's codebase. Only thing I wrote for here is a script that refreshes threads when they go over 760 posts, to save anons' toasters from the E3 threads.

Did you remove the capture button? I click that occasionally and it uses 10 GB of ram, an entire core, and eventually crashes

post to mixtape.moe with instructions on how to use it.

I can just remove the posts from the page without refresh, you can't do that normally because Holla Forums's shit javascript freaks out. I'll need a fast cyclical before I can properly test it though.

Sort of? More like I didn't add it.

I guess I forgot to mention that you need to disable scripts from Holla Forums with noscript or uMatrix in order to be able to use this, because this replaces all of it, not go on top of it.

how do i into unity

Fixed.

Fixed fixed

Fixed fixed fixed.

I…I… I don't know what to think anymore

That requires other people.
My comfort zone disappears on it's own.

Amateur Meme Development General.

What is this that you call "Comfort Zone"?

Comfort Zone Game when

Whoever did that Kraftwerk inspired pic, props to you

you guys are silly I love you

I fixed it

Alright, today's the day. Going to spend 8 hours on wage slaving. See you fags then.

Really makes you think. You would have to be the biggest fag to work with the most kiked software in existence like Unity and UE4.

just double click on it bro

Sorry I'm not a homosexual. I don't work with software that requires me to have a black dildo up my ass.

I was going to add an m14 to my game but I figured i'd go with am m59 instead since it looks more visually interesting and I can't think of a single game to date that included it.

my only problem is I can't for the life of me figure out how to get an m14 mag to look right.

sorry, BM-59

well you could try and build current git version of godot and check if it's usable for you

T I G H T P U S S I E S
I
G
H
T
P
U
S
S
I
E
S

NO ONE from /agdg/ can actually program

Uncanny as fuck, make legs longer

The legs look fine although longer surely wouldn't hurt.

I'm more concerned about the noodle arms.

is that supposed to be the shitposter

I think the pussy could use some work, it looks like you've gone semi realistic, but it kind of clashes with the animu style, why use a "realistic" looking one, when you could idealized which look far more pleasing to the eye.

check out what i'm programming, its really cool

looks like nerd shit ;^)

Feet too big

How about this?

The pussy is currently spread out since when I rig it, it will be easier to rig that way than if it were closed up. When it's rigged I'll keep it as mostly an innie as its default, with it spreading out and the inner labia stretching out along the dick slightly when she's getting boned.

feet too big

baginer close up plox

better, but still looks uncanny as fuck, i can't really tell why, possibly the textures

is godot 3d v.3 good enough for 3d walking simulators?

Well here's the shadows turned off.. maybe that's why you think it looks uncanny valley?

Also not sure I want to shrink the feet since I want the proportions to be somewhat cartoonish.

Now the arms are too short
shorten the legs and make the feet a quarter smaller

also bagina closepu

Follow these proportions. Notice how in real life our hands go to our crotches but for "cooler" characters the torso is shortened and the hands reach the thighs.

Not a derogatory question, but how familiar are you with anatomy? Aside from the issues with proportions, I'm not really seeing any muscle structures in your model, for the most part it could just be trying to make it look like anime, but some areas like the hip are overly round, the hip bone and obliques impact the silhouette of the hip quite to some extent on all body types.

If you're not good with anatomy then there are no easy tricks other than to just dive in and do learn, which takes a long time.

That looks weird user

There's no real "right" way to stylize proportions, you just need to understand how all the body parts are connected and the relative proportions between them, then you can make educated decisions on your own, otherwise your art is just an inferior imitation of someone else's work.

It doesn't take that long, just understand the basics of how the muscles and bones are connected, very simple.

I guess it depends on the person, took me a long time personally, but I'm a bampot.

I've taken some classes before but I can't say I ingested all the information that well.

Tried adjusting the hips based on your advice, what about this?

Oh yeah, and some examples of Seismic games that are part of my influencing in making this.

ofc fam :^)

looks really shitty tho
**Also, that fucking music"

That already looks better but you should just try to constantly google the anatomy of any body part that you're modelling as you're doing working on your models.

I'd try making the arms shorter and the shoulders more narrow. Also the shin is either too long (compared to the thigh) or the foot attaches to it on too steep of an angle, not sure.
Important thing to remember is proportions are relative, so when someone is saying x thing is too long, just making it shorter might not be the right answer, it just needs to be shorter in proportion to the rest of the body.
(In the leg example, just making the shin shorter would make the entire leg too short, so instead you need to keep the length of the leg, but adjust the balance between the shin and thigh.)

Pic related is a suggestion, I realize it's quite a bit less anime but hopefully it illustrates what I mean.

will you just fucking post the close up I've been edgeing for over four hours now

i wanna touch mami mammies

blood can start clotting in your dick after 4 hours, id be careful

I don't think I've posted the animations before, will definitely have to go through some animation books.

You serious, mate?

Lies.
I've been in this situation before.

Post bagoonis

The real question is; Can we fuck her?

The first anim. At the end her feet slide across the ground. Should try and find a more natural way for her to reset her position.

please don't sexualize the skeleton

Here's some old art for the game.

No, but you will technically sleep with her in the game.

Good idea.

I can't believe we share board with this normalfag

For what purpose?

I would guess for when you accidentally double click and you don't wanna miss the continuity.

Do you guys have an M1 Garand .blend model laying around anywhere? I want to animate draw, holster, shoot, reload and melee animations but I can't find a proper model and i know i can technically make one but bleeaggggghhi i dont feel like it

Here's a Lee Enfield:
opengameart.org/content/bolt-action-rifle-lee-enfield

thanks mr dubs man, sir

I finished writing my optimized string code and tearing out my old code for putting strings on the screen which was a lot slower. This way, calculations are done only when things change, and I just store the results and render them every frame. This is only implemented in openGL 1.4 mode, so, i need to also port it to use the VBO extension. But right now, i'm very satisfied with it.

Is that not the same time?

well, its not fully explained here, so i'll show you the context that its used. (pic related)
basically, glr_update_str is only called when you want to change the string being displayed, and glr_draw_str is called every frame to draw the string. glr_update_str doesnt draw anything at all, and glr_draw_str does one draw call per string (that is, glbegin() / glend()), which I plan on changing it so that the glbegin() / glend() is wrapped around all of the calls to glr_draw_str, thus making it one draw call (although, this is implementation defined).

Why does a skellington need to breathe?

Right, but I mean if you have a "hello world" string, is that not going to copy 10 or 11 texture coordinates to be drawn, regardless of how many actual calls happen?

Making a FTL like. How do I go about balancing stats and skill (all the numbers) with math and shit?

Playtest it.

Trial and error.
As you play-test, if a stat is too strong, half it, if a stat is too weak, double it. Use the information you gain from that to more precisely pinpoint where the stat *should* be.

well, I only have to set up the texture coordinates once, and then I can just draw from the already configured coordinates. In OpenGL 1.4 you have to copy every coordinate one at a time using things like "glTexCoord2f", in order to draw anything, so the optimization here is that I no longer have to configure the texture coordinates one at a time. Now, I could optimize this using glDrawArrays, however I will be writing the other alternatives to my current method; using the Vertex Buffer Object extensions to OpenGL 1.4 (which does use glDrawArrays) and also using Vulkan. Previously my code would just do the equivalent of calling "update_str" and then "draw_str" every frame.

Maybe i'm not getting what you mean in your question, I hope this helps answer it.

I guess that makes sense.

Like in XNA (which uses DirectX but whatever), I'd have to do something like SpriteBatch.Draw() for every symbol I wanted to draw; even though I can specify texture coordinates for each letter, I need one Rectangle object per draw call.

Or I guess that it's literally batched and processed in one call, since it's a SpriteBatch.

Whatever

If by sleep have sex I'm all for it. even a description or getting her underwear would work for me too

what do you think her underwear smells like
do you think it smells like calcium?

haha

No, I mean literally sleep, the game's gonna be about dreams, the skeleton lady is a Night Mare.

How in the world does one go about making legendary sounds like vid related?
I know, for example, in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, sample CDs such as Spectrasonic's Distorted Reality were used…And I know that they hooked up their towers of expensive audio hardware back in the day to make those samples.

But nowadays, this sort of thing ought to be doable with software.
I'm able to kind-of make some neat sounds through timestretching/granulating existing audio, but something like the PS2 logo seems more like a digital pad synth, a sound that was entirely by design.

I wish there was one good tool that could do this sort of thing…I've used Cubase, Bitwig Studio, LMMS, Polyphone, paulstretch, Cecilia5, etc, but none of them seem to quite fit the bill (or there's not enough information out there for me to piece together how to really craft and design sound with these programs).

The more I understand C++ the more I dislike it, especially for games. I don't understand where the C++ for games meme came from. "Good" C++ in the eyes of Stroustrup and the standards board is heavy usage of the STL which is unsuited for video games and makes you a lazy programmer who doesn't work with data structures and algorithms. For games it's best to either roll your own containers, which is made unnecessarily complicated by the OOP model, or use something like the EASTL.

Its whole design is pulled in two directions. They want to "modernize" the language to make highly idiomatic OOP the way the majority of programmers (read pahjeets) use C++. However, they also begrudgingly have to provide the low level tools to create the abstractions so that real programmers can build simple to use containers and algorithms for the braindead "coders".

You have the right idea- avoid the STL.
C-with-classes is the way to roll.

here's an edit i did really quick.
her traps are pretty big, user. even if you're stylizing them it's quite a lot, and i can't see a reason to if it's designed to be a feminine character. by extension the neck seems elongated because of the traps being massive.
the clavicle is also pretty far down on her body. moving that up seems more natural.

right now the breasts don't seem like they're being affected by gravity. they look like they're just stuck on her body instead of being attached and affected by physics. adjusting the curvature on the armpit-breast area would fix this.
also consider putting more volume in the calves. you don't have to, and i could see why you wouldn't want to if you're trying to stylize it, but it's just a suggestion.

ignore the facial edit

I don't usually do music, but I think those kind of sounds can be made with lots of samples. The windows 95 startup sound was composed by Brian Eno, and he used over 80 samples.

The missing element is probably a bit of analog distortion that went into making a lot of the cool console boot up sounds we are familiar with. On a technical level it's a degradation of the signal, but on a subjective level it gives things character. It's why there are people that swear up and down that records sound better than CDs or MP3s or whatever.

I remember seeing a thing a while ago where you could get various devices that would take in your digital signals, then mimic the analog hardware of certain devices, then spit it back out as a digital signal again, but now they have that "color" of sound to them. Don't remember what they were called. I know it was a sort of modular system.

C is among the most widely-used, powerful language. It's really obtuse to use, because a lot of things just aren't implemented in the base language, and all sorts of runtimes and libraries to really extend it (even basic string-handling)

C++ is a good mix of C's power with modern convenience. As you said, it still provides low-level access that really makes it shine for performance, while being easily accessible to do those things.

The meme comes from the fact that it has raw power for processing things, like complex fluid mechanics and other innovative features that an indie game could have. If you tried the same thing in Gamemaker, for example, you'd have to make so many optimizations to get the engine to play nicely with your code, it'd just bog it down even more.

What's the proper (ie best feeling) way to do 3rd person movement with a mouse + KB?

Ooh, this is gettin real juicy

The exit is only using 16 of 32 frames from , so ignore that it kind of skips and jumps a lot

yeah, my problem was that I was recalculating the texture coordinates for each letter every frame.

However, in the next part that I am writing, I will be copying the arrays of texture coordinates to special memory in the GPU, so that's a lot faster… With frameworks like XNA they can be doing a lot of optimizations behind your back, or worse, not doing them at all, but its still an abstraction over the same GPU, so its relateable. With Vulkan, I will try and see if keeping around the mapped GPU memory to create the VBO's and altering that to change the texture coordinates is still viable. Still need a bit of figuring things out to start working on Vulkan though.

I just stick to C since I haven't been turned on by the idea of having my data structures managed by a library. No regrets because of it.

Look at how Psychonauts did it. Arrow keys for movement and strafe, mouse for aiming and turning around. Like most FPS' s.

The explosion needs to happen twice as fast.
The edges of the door when it opens remains the same width the entire animation which makes it look weird. It should be one pixel for a few frames, then two, etc.
The exist sign is jumpy, when one of the two things shown finishes scrolling out of sight, the other should scroll in rather than just appear there. It should also sit for a few frames, so it's not simply a neverending scroll.

Im not saying user made the breasts right, but in a t-pose the body is supposed to be as neutral as possible, so if he wants to add physics to the breasts, he's not supposed to have them be affected by gravity in the static model.

Yeah, I don't have much of the programming done, so I can't really control the speed or frames elegantly. Right now, I can basically just tell it to play X frames in row at a constant speed, and that's it.

Here is my progress, this is the string system using the VBO extensions to OpenGL 1.4, without the extensions, that code works fine, so it looks exactly the same, but this one needs some fine-tuning because its all messed up. ( I just put some vertices in the wrong order, that's all there is too it.)

Your final day at work?

Clearly this is just some fantasy language that you should implement into your future games. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

its my triangles being arranged wrong. Now its working fine, which means it looks exactly the same as before, which means it looks like I made no progress…

And now, text rendering is done the way I want it to be done on OpenGL's end finally, so I can go to sleep and start working on vulkan text rendering tomorrow.

(checked)
Looks like a alien scribble to me tbh

Thanks for the suggestions, made some further edits.

Though, the breasts will have to be modeled protruding somewhat, since when I apply the jiggle function they will naturally sag more.

:3

What's the fucking point of the get and set methods in godot when all the variables can be accessed by any script/class/whatever the fuck it is, why won't they tell me the proper variables in the documentation

Your not-Sena's toes are very blocky-looking, while the fingers need to be segmented. Outer thigh and hips look angular and rough. No knees. I can't explain it but the face looks weird, it seems to be the flatness of the chin?

Why are you making her anyway?

You gradually get the option to have fewer clothes as you play it more then her magical girl outfit but some people prefer partly clothed to full-on nude. You also start from clothed when making a selection.

It allows you to add ulterior effects. Even if you set the variable with Node.var = val, it still calls
Node.set_var(val). The same is true for getter methods/calls.

Hello, I am the procrastination goblin.
Go fuck yourselves.

Joke's on you, I'm on strike.

You boys got a comprehensive list of weapon types in videogames? Projectile based, hitscan, melee, etc.

Pic somewhat related - different weapon types in the new Quake.

How do I graduate from engine dev to game dev?

I could already make nice little games with my own engine, but I can't escape the temptation to add features and rework parts of it instead of committing to the current version and just like making game, because if I start making a game it'll become much more difficult to do changes to the engine.

I keep thinking that "if I add this feature to my engine, I can make better games with it!" but it's an endless road. I've already twice hit the point where I thought I'd definitely be done, but I still think there's many big improvements to be made.

How so? You just make a fork on your version control, which you should be using anyway.

Our motto is Just Like Make Game for a reason, just fucking do it. If it turns out you need a new feature, you add it, and can add it to your main branch too, but at least you'll have made it because you actually need it.

Get a whiteboard, write down game ideas, come up with something ya like, preferably smallish, implement it's mechanics one by one.

This is a retarded concept from OOP that people will tell you to use without knowing why. Just ignore it.

5/5 pretty good

If it was that easy there wouldn't be a point in "making an engine" instead of making a game and an engine along with it.

The more of "game" there is, the harder it will be to get the engine out of it and make a new game with it, or add things that aren't compatible with the engine.

For example recently I thought about adding a separate hitbox for different bodyparts, but that concept is completely incompatible with the way my engine handles collision testing.

Cameras are hard fun to program.

I just want to make a game where you fuck her and get her pregnant.

Hitler is proud of you.

Can you then take care of the girl once she IS pregnant? Hold her hand as she gives birth? The credits scene could be a flash forward of you (head off screen since you're a self insert, probably) and loli girl over there raising the kid, having fun at the park, kid learning to walk and stuff. Think the Tomodachi Life credits scene.

I'd play that.

how do you know he's not a nyeegaar

Niggers can't read, let alone make games.

Or he could put his own face on there, and thus cuck everyone who plays his game.

oh shit

it looks bad, i would wait a little more before the camera "walks in front of the player" also try to change fov with speed and closeness to the camera

Hey fags
I'm that fucknut that draws dem backpack cuck pictures

I want just, like, make game
Any programmers wanna team up?

No.

what kind of game?

No

You can draw, but can you animate? Do you have any ideas you want to work on, or are you looking for someone with a vision to lead you?
I could see something interesting coming out of you working on a videogame, like some obscene OFF with hopefully non-shit gameplay.

Show off some animation first.
If you can't do that, well, learn.
That's what gets people interested.

Don't bother, collaborations don't work. Learn Gamemaker.

Here's my latest showreel
I should update it some time though

eh, I'm just trying

Could make a pretty cool point & click game with your art.

That said, this user is right
There's a 99% chance you'll end up with someone who grossly overestimates their abilities, gives up in 2 weeks and blames you.

That'd be a trippy looking fucking game.
You have any ideas for what you wanna make?

I'll be stealing your artstyle.

Was I supposed to see this

looks like HEBREW

Your stuff intrigues me, and you seem to have some connections for other related material such as music as well, so I'm almost tempted to take your offer in a few weeks over the summer. I'm just afraid that my literal autism would cause me to stop communicating after a while as has happened when I tried online collaborations years ago and I'm supposed to work on my portfolio site over the summer too. Let's say I'm willing to be a backup in case you can't find anyone else. I'm in crunch time for three more weeks anyway.
Also, goedenavond landgenoot

Do you even have an idea of what you wanna make? Good art does not a good game make.

looks pretty fucking cool
Do you have any idea what kinda of game you wanna make
I would love to have some weird aliens in my game.

Guys - quick, were there any military grade crossbows in WW2, or any similar weapon like that?

There was that one guy with a longbow and claymore.

Yeah but fucktards exist in every age - I'm more asking whether or not there were attempts and militarizing crossbows back then.

You take that back about Mad Jack.

ok im sorry

Been trying to learn OpenGL basics. Haven't made much progress atp.
>>>/robowaifu/185

learnopengl book is breddy gud though.

Okay what fucking stupid bullshit is this, I ABSOLUTELY HATE the idea of ENFORCING THE USE OF GET AND SET METHODS, THIS IS SO GOD DAMN STUPID.

agreed, it makes no fucking sense, like "security" and "information hiding"? Why not use a fucking safer language, sandbox that shit and/or STOP USING LIBRARIES THAT AREN'T MAINTAINED

I absolutely hate the idea of get and set methods being a FUCKING THING, I GET METHODS TO CALL TO DO COMPLICATED THINGS BUT METHODS TO DO SIMPLE THINGS IS FUCKING STUPID.

You don't have to add them to modify or get values.

Right now i'm working on font rendering in vulkan. my text rendering on the openGL side is going really well, so its just a matter of porting this functionality over. There isn't a screenshot since it will look exactly the same.

Nice! OpenGL is a great standard to learn. Once you pick up some speed you'll see progress really fast.

I think the worst part is that Java fags will unironically defend that shit. Its terrible and why I cant talk about programming outside of Holla Forums it seems because everywhere else is full of people who think this way about programming.

Made some more construction props. I'm building the props in a way that they are modular so I can reuse certain parts in an editor like UE4 by scaling them very little.

For Unreal Engine you may want to just have the door-frames/windows/trim without the walls and create the flat walls be with brushes.

Yeah that's the plan. I only add little trims for things that arent square like round windows and such.

I'm only now recovering from my Java """education""". Encapsulation fags sound like this:

Woah no need to generalize, I'm a big fan of Java and I've never written a get or set. It's the language war shit that makes Holla Forums, prog, lambda, and every other programming board near worthless.

I hope so. Thanks for the encouragement user.

Exactly, the guy who tried to teach me to use getters and setters did so using C++. I don't use them, except when I need some additional feature in the function, but is it even a get/set at that point anymore?

I have a whole lot of game ideas, but I don't want to start with anything too ambitious.
I have one idea for a crazy ass bullet hell h-game, which already has some sketches done.

Feel free to contact me, beste kerel.
My skype is schuurmeisterw

Yeah, don't worry, once you get some more things out on the screen you can stop writing "fizzbuzz" look-at-what-i-can-make-opengl-do programs and do what you want to do with it.

You're a first for me then, every other one I know has swallowed the pill in full.

user.

trying to implement A* in godot has made me feel pretty dumb thus fucking far

Apparently there was a WW1 grenade shooting crossbow. Does that help?
forgottenweapons.com/larbalete-la-sauterelle-type-a-dimphy/

Certainly fucking looks cool. Thanks, user.

I found the video series in embed to be incredibly helpful in understanding and implementing pathfinding. I wouldn't copy his code exactly as is, but it's a good starting point.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Joe_5_crossbow

What it looks like.

Oh it actually is Sena. No pressure, but you'd better do her justice. In particular, I expect good attention to the animation and emotions. Beautiful model doesn't mean a thing if it looks robotic or on drugs, why I despise most 3D porn. SFX/voicing is just as important. Seismic is pretty good in both respects.

You'd better be making it something sweet too, the vanilla gods demand it.

Well it'll still be a while before I can get to doing animations. I mean I haven't even rigged it yet.

Also, I'd be sure to do some proper animations for it. The only 3D porn I like is Seismic and AA2, pretty much everything else I've ever seen has been janky garbage. Too many SFM junk out there. If I tried and tried and couldn't make any Seismic-quality animations, I'd rather give up on the project than release something bad.

Also what would I do for voice acting? Guess I could always hire someone out there, though I've never done anything like that before.

And anyway, my real objective here is to try and make money off this… I'm really sick of my current job, and I'm not sure about trying to get formal employment doing SFX. If I can make a living doing quality hentai animations, that would be great. But I'm still a ways off before I finalize anything.

Also, here, have a bikini I made. Also looked into using blendShapes in Maya for some breast-shaping functionality. I'm going to be using the nCloth deformer to create jiggle physics, but the blendShapes will be useful for smooshing the boobs into a proper shape when she's wearing a bikini or a top or what have you. Blendshapes will also be crucial for when I do facial animation, since it can let me do stuff like shape the mouth into a certain position or puff up her cheeks.

You're at about 1:5 ratio of head lengths:body lengths. Real adults are usually around 10:1, anime is usually around like 8:1.

shortstacks are fine too

thank you, user. Though I'm already pretty far in, the problem is translating it from python to GDscript as there are functions like filter and next that aren't present, and not in has to be replaced with !whatever.has(x). ill check it nonetheless whenever it downloads. I'm still debating whether or not I'll make it weighted or not(I don't think the original one was) and I think if the enemy picks the best route it might attack the base too fast and overwhelm the player too easily so I might have to change the implementation,

I feel happy that someone wants to make a mod for my game, but I also feel bad for subjecting him to this.

This is my progress on making vulkan render text. I'll show off some more once it actually works, and isnt just a compile of an incomplete system.

give her a penis, user and it will be complete

wat

I think I've finally gotten my toon shader refined to the point I like it. Figured I'd share it with you fags first.
puu.sh/wq7jq/ce9ba1c965.rar

Took forever to balance the lighting function, and unfortunately I have to do some hacky stuff to control the environmental lighting.

It has tons of parameters, which allows the lighting to be refined, but the basic process is to "Wrap" the light, sample a lighting ramp texture at the 'wrapped' position, blend the two by some amount, and add the lighting to the 'unlit' color.

I'm considering selling it on the asset store at some point. I bet people would get it. since Unity's default toon shading package is garbage - the version I sell will include recoloring. The RAR linked above will end up on the asset store as the free version.

i made a digi farm helper for digimon ds, right now only helps with maximum exp gains, just choose a farm type the farm goods you have access to and the digimon group you want to help the most (separated from best to worst by their performance in farm), i had so much fun with it I might actually remake the whole game for pc

linux, windows and source included
volafile.org/get/X30XHwPFCWjH/digifarm DS.zip

Ever heard of that semitic realtor that sold property? Me neither.

actually that's a bit over 6 heads. still pushing it but it's not an unreasonable deviation from average.

anime style bullshit tends to radically push the boundaries on either end. whether that's because of a conscious decision or the artist sucking at anatomy, I'm not sure sometimes.

I don't even know how I'd go about licensing the shader code, but that might be a good idea.

This is the first time i have made fonts render in vulkan. Now, the code is incomplete, so it looks silly, but soon i'll have it fully implemented. Then I can work on greater things!

I normally don't draw anime but I'm not really an expert at anatomy. I took several life drawing classes back when I had school but it was never a subject I could quite ace. If anything, my field of expertise is vehicles and architecture. A lot of my peers were always bewildered at how weirdly square a lot of my drawings were.

Well I do want to stylize this model of Sena, so I don't want totally perfect anatomy anyway. If I wanted realistic proportions I'd just look at 3DPD.

Hopefully it'll all look better when animated, though, and the intent for cartoonish stylization will be more apparent.

Some music.

The transition at 19 seconds it a bit abrupt and could use some work. Otherwise, pretty good.

Did you have a context in mind for when it would play? I could see it working well in a cutscene.

I am already sitting here a while and think to myself: Pure racing game or party racer like blur or mario kart? Party racers seem more "fun", but pure racers are more challenging. Honestly i like both. I need some user opinions, which one would you pick over the other, and why?

I was going for something similar to Upper Brinstar's music.

Fun party racer but with guns and set in a Mad Max like world.

Basically Burnout with guns and hopefully vehicle customization.

It definitely gives off a sci-fi vibe, so mission accomplished in that regard. However, it doesn't really seem tense enough for an action sequence (thus my comment on it working well for a cutscene).

It is suitably ambient though, so as long as the area it plays in isn't particularly action packed, it could still work as level music.

Thank you for the advice.

Without fail, I get ideas for songs, pluck them out in FL Studio, and then lose direction on how to fully flesh it out from there. I know in theory I should be able to just add other instruments one by one, but nothing feels right when I do.
my.mixtape.moe/rjuzih.mp3

There are points where you break time. Is this deliberate? What program are you using?

Your attitude sounds good so I hope it comes to neither.

10:1 is approaching Captain Tsubasa proportions.

Well he can refer to the anime provided he doesn't inherit its boring art or any QUALITY bits.

Yeah don't go realistic 3D it usually crashes into the uncanny valley.

I record it on Audacity, if by break time you mean the drums then that's just me not playing correctly.

Sometimes less is more; but when I want to add something else I just experiment a lot, try different instruments, different heights, etc. For example with that little melody I'd use some strings in low volume, playing chords. Also, it has a middle ages feel to it, so it could use a guitar in the back playing some arpeggios and a flute playing the melody after the piano, it all depends of what you want to use it for.

Some progress on clothes. I think that's enough for today, I have work tomorrow.

The boob socks look terrible. The face needs work, it's in the uncanny valley. Apart from that it's not bad.

Titties look better clothed but nigga you need to fix the face and those insane hips. Spend a bit more on making her face rounder and give her some cheeks and you'll have a model people will wanna fuck without a paper bag.

You may want to hold off counting your chickens before they hatch. You are using someone else's intellectual property. If the Japajews go after you, you can be in trouble.

Not sure on the exact situation for this, especially considering monitization/lewd material, but here in the US we have fair use laws regarding the use of other's intellectual property.
Though it's mainly for parodying, educational purposes and the like.
f.e. weird al copying other's lyrics/melodies/etc, but parodying them. In this case it's fully legal due to interpretation of the fair use laws regarding parodying other's intellectual property.
Though from what I've seen most just go with "it's a parody" for the porn game using other's copy written/intellectual property.

I'm currently working on a hack and slash game and I want to give it depth.
What does depth mean in a video game and what other elements do I need to ensure that my game is fun and of good quality.

Why though? Just make a good game as you would imagine it instead of conforming to buzzwords or what a game is "supposed" to have.

that's a pretty unlikely if. he'll probably be fine.
doujin culture in japan is a lot different than in the states or europe, as evidenced by the thousands of manga being sold on the internet by japanese artists who don't have the rights to the characters they're using.
i'm not an expert on the subject, but from what i've read japanese studios generally don't fuck with derivative work unless they're nintendo.

zone's been doing anime parodies off and on for 10+ years and getting away with it. seismic sold 13k copies of a game using someone else's IP last year. there are plenty of examples.

Then please help me understand what people were saying when they claimed that Metal Gear Rising Re vengeance lacked depth

I wasn't going to do that. That's a trophy kid. You just fucked something not human, if it gave you that you take it and keep it. Don't smell it dumbass.

Well that works too.

What are some good GUI or game dev libraries for .java?

If you are asking others what depth is then how can you possibly hope to make a game with it> You should apply at Santa Monica Studio, lots of people who think just like you.

I'd still fuck the one on the right if I could.

I'm not those people nor have played the game so I wouldn't know, the way you worded the post just sounded like you're chasing buzzwords instead of greatness.

I think depth usually means a sort of "complexity", like the ability to use your available mechanics flexibly and in multiple ways and combine them together. Don't quote me on that though.

You need lewd stuff. Also don't be a button masher.

DLsite has Haganai-based works. If it ends up being an issue it wouldn't be too hard to change to original character.

Probably like "flexibility". Like cancels, juggles, bounds (reverse juggles where you hit them onto the ground).

This . If your try to make a game you find fun it will end up having as much "depth" as it needs.
But because you asked a question…

The more a player can do with a set of mechanics, the deeper that set of mechanics is. "Breadth" is just the number of different mechanics. A game is deep if you can make a lot of meaningful decisions for how you approach a problem. For example, choosing between the chain gun, shotgun, or rocket launcher in Doom is a meaningful decision because each is better in a different situation. Choosing between the chain gun and the pistol isn't a meaningful decision because one is just strictly better than the other in every situation where you have both.
But if you have too many mechanics people aren't going to be able to use any of it. There's an analogy I once heard from a trial lawyer about a jury, and the same applies to players. Their mind's are like a cup. You put in a little information and it will stay in there, but you put in too much and it will tip over and they won't remember anything. The only reason you can remember everything is because you introduced yourself to all of that complexity piece by piece, and that's what you need to do for players.

No Man's Sky has a lot of breadth with all those planets, but very little depth, as you don't really make many meaningful decisions as you play it.
Go has a lot of depth but very little breadth. The rules are simple but there are always lot of decisions to make and each one is meaningful.

But seriously, don't chase buzzwords. Just make a fun game.

Just because someone is shitting on a game doesn't mean they have a point.

I think this is what someone means when they talk about depth: the different or deeper ways the games core mechanics and gameplay can be used in different scenarios. Breadth would mean lots of different mechanics altogether.

depth in videogame terms is a very ambigious term and means something different for a lot of different video
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9VEIV7vlY&t=1s is some guy going full autism over the meaning of depth in videogames
I actually think his model for thinking about and discussing gameplay is potentially quite useful.

I would embed but it doesn't seem to be working for some reason

if u have the timecode it can't embed properly (the &t=1s at the end is the timecode).

is that real?

Holy shit this week is the worst kill me

Added:
- Rebindable keys
- Sprite sheets vs whole texture drawing
- Made configuration not aids
- Tidied up a bunch of shit and unfucked my headers, somehow had a circular dependency

What're some good resources for more advanced game development concepts? Most of them are shit-tier. You've got catlikecoding for unity specific shit, and game design patterns for an actual book, but I've had to wade through a lot of shit just to find them.

and to not worry*

work in progress

Honestly, I've had the same issue whenever I try to research something specific.

A lot of people publish things, but it's mostly garbage. Nothing actually goes in-depth into the subject. Everyone goes "it just werks lel".

I think the best thing you can do is get better at analyzing, deconstructing and understanding subjects, as that way you can just do it yourself rather than having to wade through a fuckton of shit literature.
Most stuff in gamedev is pretty straightforward.

If there is a specific subject you're interested in, you can just discuss it here. I, and probably a lot of other people too, will gladly share their understanding of the subject.

Do you want an explanation on quaternions?

Quaternions are blended weights between four positions; 180 around X, around Y, around Z, and W being a no-rotation position. Negative W is equivalent to 360 degrees, which in quaternion land is a different position from 0 degrees.

Except that's wrong, you doofus.
Quaternions work because of the rules that come with introducing imaginary numbers into the mix. You can't just exclude that shit and pretend you've explained how it works.
And if you want me to be a nitpicking faggot, 180 around X, Y and Z occupy the same positions, so blending between them and the no-rotation, W, obviously wouldn't work.

Actually scrap that I'm being fucking retarded and am confusing xy = yz = zx with this shit.

What the fuck am I playing? Fucking Bejeweled?

If you swap the red jewel above the bottom right to the left, you should be able to get a nice combo off.

Add an easter egg where if your inventory is full of gems, the inventory screen turns into a bejeweled minigame

Haha, Well, I was picking them up at random and there are already combos going on.

Yeah, it would seem to be a wasted opportunity not to include it in some way.
just hope I won't come up with any way of implementing it in the actual gameplay
I don't want to be HuniePop

You could have a horadric cube clone minigame that fuses gems together for better quality.

Those are fancy looking gems, I'd would go full jew over them tbh, they need more blink blink in da inventory yo.

t. merchant pro

Did few things, now am just procrastinating

Looks like a solid start.

Working on an emergency demo. with an unskippable notice detailing how utterly fucked I am

Hey, I remember you from a few weeks back I think.

Henry Hatsworth. Look it up.

3dgep.com/understanding-quaternions/
Not a generic resource, but it explains quaternions pretty well. There's a few more resources on there and the guy lists his sources, too.

the jump is a bit slow, as if your character was on the moon or something, but otherwise it looks like a good start.

what's wrong?

Start a patreon, m8. And remember that we can actually help you if you asked.

I'm fairly sure he has one already
If I'm not mistaken he left his job and is now banking everything on this

I tried to stop him

hell I missed that part. This is what happens when you work too much. I need that patreon link.

Also, didn't know tetradev had a job in the first place living the dream

I have one. I've got enough money to keep the internet on, there's not much point in having more. (except for emergencies)
It's a more personal issue.

It ain't me. Never had a decent job. No point in having one, I'd be stuck slaving away for most of my life to pay back a phony council house debt. But you are right that I was forced to bet my life on this.

post it, cunt.

I was sure you told me you were going to stop working because of the house shit
Bad memory I guess

Fucking pleb.

This.

It's not even gay if you wear a skirt.

Having some faggot take care of you isn't going to give you back your spleen that's been taken from you by the polish mafia.

It's in the back of my mind, and bad things could happen any day, but it's not the most stressing thing on my plate right now.

patreon.com/nogamesdev
it's empty, it's just a redirect to the blog, a couple folks asked me to make one so I did.
My internet bill is less than $10. Anything left over, I'm hoarding in case of hardware failure.

Too late, people stopped mistaking me for a girl some years ago. They did it a lot before that.

I spent the last fucking five hours trying to figure out how the hell I fucked this animation system I was making in Game Maker. My goal was rather than setting up some scripts for every single animation I would just have a string of numbers, each character representing a image index. That way I could easily change how long each frame lasts and create complex cycles. However it doesn't really work at all like it should. Specifically at the very beginning of the animation it likes to stick on the first frame for an extra three frames and sometimes end prematurely.

Maybe a fresh pair of eyes might be able to find the incredibly blatant mistake I made, I'll post the scripts I made and upload the project file if anybody wants to look at it.

dropbox.com/s/wew2iuyod26hcds/Rtype.gmx.rar?dl=0

contact me through beelzebox.net. I can send you computer parts

If you donate 10 quid can go ask at their office, they make it close to where I live

Lithuanian, actually, but close enough.

Anyway, sure, it might not, but it will cover the expenses of caramel ice cream, cherry apple juice, chocolate milk, caramel tea and coffee that you might need during development.

so I've found out godot had an A* class all along and that you can make navigation meshes, I did some placeholder sprites, made some basic code for moving and firing, then went to replace the texture for my tank at least and add a base, I hated it because I felt like everything slowed down to a crawl(specially because I'd never done sprite work) and then, went I finished with the textures I don't progress anyway getting stalled by me trying different possible ways to implement A* but never actually going completely through with it, it's pretty frustrating my lack of progress as much as I want to deflect the blame to my job and protests I just can't do it. And I haven't even touched audio yet, and then making sure shit works fine on android, projects seem so easy when you have just come up with them…

sage for just venting

DID SOMEONE SAY REWRITE IT ALL USING BOOST::SPIRIT
AHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA YES

MY EYES

Is Lumberyard engine even play worthy?

He's referring to the crooks that got me into this mess, slapping a 25 grand (more since then) bill on a kid who was barely out of high school at the time.
Fuck council housing.

Pretty good looking code imho. BTW, I'm unfamiliar w/ llvm::make_unique(). Any particular advantages over the ISO standard make_unique()?

en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/memory/unique_ptr/make_unique

Literally no games that use it have been released

AFAIK it just helps older compilers.
Also, while it might look okay, it's pretty much functionally retarded, and I'm too lazy to figure out recursive descent parsing, so I'm going to figure out boost::spirit, a lexing and parsing library in boost.

I'm getting some Chinese bootleg of Pirates of the Caribbean vibes. All it needs is a shittier instrument.

Cherry-apple juice is pretty great.

Literally nobody uses it in the first place

How about Russian?

3 games are being made with it
including star citizen

Calling Star Citizen a game is like calling mt. gox a bitcoin exchange.

Calling you hetero is like calling you something something something
I've got nothing

But Star Citizen is a game. It has a definite win and lose state, despite being an MMO

The lose state is when you buy it or play it

Star Citizen comes with Star Marine, which has a win state and a loose state. So a part of it is technically a game.

How about
Calling you hetero is like saying the holocaust happened. It's not true.

eh that's pretty good
thanks

I think you're misunderstanding the simile here.
Mt. Gox was a functional bitcoin exchange, got "hacked" once, generally worked for a while, had exporting to USD and eventually back to bitcoin disabled, and then stole millions of dollars before shutting down and blaming it on hackers.

I bet you waste time on getters and setters and other pahjeet tier abstractions instead of making game

Listen here you little shit, in C# they can be automatically generated by the compiler as Properties, and are incredibly helpful for implementing interfaces and other OOP practices. If you need more control, you can do so, and even insert logging and error handling within the properties themselves (and when combined with preprocessor directives to cut the fat, you can make for really flexible builds)

Are you working on something RTS like?

a battle city like game. to make it behave more like the original I'll probably have to make it change the target from the base to a random one, this is not just to try to get a 1:1 copy, but because I don't want the tanks to end up moving like it was a fucking tower defense

tell me where the setter touched you, user

Your shit looks almost exactly like an early Felix Colgrave.
Trust me, once he moved out of the edgy phase, his stuff became way better. Vid related.

Try to be more

C 4lyf fuck OOP

That's perfectly valid and you should use whatever tools and workflow suits you best. While I personally disagree, because of the perceived benefits of my choice, I support you and your efforts

Faggot.

What are you talking about?

I have been writing base stuff for months now, and its at this time; its over 6k lines of C and I haven't even started the main rendering engine yet. I'll tell you how much C it is when I finish this one feature that i'm working on.

Yeah, well the holocaust didn't happen and Hitler did nothing wrong

Fag

Please make it happen

Thanks for the tumblr-tier shitposting

How would I implement a fake "z axis" in a 2d game?

Sigma dev I thought you were an okay guy but the language war shit you endorse really chaps me.

You know those KANGZ that have nothing but their heritage, even though they're just delusional and shouldn't be proud of it? That's your standard hobbyist engine dev.

WE
WUZ
PROCEDERAL

what do you want to accomplish with said fake z?

There are just certain languages that I would never use / recommend for certain reasons. Granted, that's because with the things I do you basically have to be using C/ASM or maybe C++ if you're sure about it. Really you can use shit languages if you want too, but complaining about people pointing out that they're shit is just Reddit tier.

my C code even has a bunch of OOP-like things in it, when it makes sense, but I'm not about to waste upwards of 1000 lines on "getters" and "setters" or be strict about associating structs with functions is all. I don't really even get the point you're trying to make, aside from bundling as many assertions as you can into one sentence.

Every "world object" has a depth number. Then draw the highest depth objects first, and overdraw the lowest depth, maybe scale them too so the lower depth objects are slightly smaller, so it looks like they're in the distance.

If you're interested in a never-ending dick measuring contest, you should probably go there and stay there. All the Sigma engines in the world aren't going to stop you from religiously advocating the very first thing that passed through your ears.

Its not a dick-measuring contest, its people actively defending shit. Telling people to stop posting for being remotely negative to someone putting shit on a pedestal is literally Reddit mentality. Why doesn't 8ch add down-votes, so you can hide all the negative posts I make while we're at it? Stop projecting.

What does this even mean? My first language that I did anything serious in was Java, not C, if that's what you're trying to imply.

You're actively whining about people using an optional feature in a language you don't like. Consider suicide.

I'm saying that if you defend getters and setters and other artificial bullshit you are a retard. This entire discussion comes from people unironically defending retarded "OOP Practices" like padding your code in getters and setters and making every single part of the code integrated into an "object model"

Green-texting things I didn't even say as a form of damage control doesn't change anything. You've been actively making up reasons to argue with me further in your last few posts so you can keep getting (you)'s out of me.

What exactly is 'artificial' in programming? Are you trying to say 'superfluous'?

You're an idiot who has yet to say anything other than
1. I don't like thing
2. I wouldn't use thing I don't like
3. Stop arguing for thing and go back to reddit

Let me know when you've decided to make an actual point rather than just screech about boilerplate while using fucking C of all things.

Yes.

Nothing I have written has been about/against boilerplate. (unless you think getters and setters are boilerplate, instead of absolutely useless) You're making up shit that I didn't say again. All I have to say is "getters and setters are retarded", and so are the retards who will defend them. Your entire tactic here is that every post I make, you will make more and more assertions that are barley worth responding too, so that you can cover up for the fact that you have nothing to say, from the first nonsensical analogy to niggers to whining that people wont just shut up when you smear shit all over your face (getters and setters) and praise it like its some kind of programming "innovation".

You've whined about padding, or artificial/superfluous code, which is somehow distinct from boilerplate in your head. Yet you still can't come up with an actual answer as to why you're so pissed off at people using optional language features. Maybe this all makes sense in your head. Maybe you should have already killed yourself.

Boilerplate is stuff that you NEED to make the system work. Padding/artificial/superfluous is bullshit that languages like Java make you write to get the system to work, even when its not needed. I'm pointing out that you shouldn't defend trash, and expect noone to speak up against it, my posts have mostly been responding to . My point is that you can do all the stupid shit you want, but its bad when you try and tell people that such a way of programming is good or desirable. I wouldn't defend the shitty map editor that I wrote over a year ago for my last game, in the same way I wouldn't defend those practices, even if I was using them.

So you've managed to produce nothing but shit, but somehow you're an arbiter of 'desirable' programming? I remember my college days. There was always a sperg like you who was entirely convinced that their special interest was the final solution.

Its called understanding the merits of your work. You don't just start out programming well, you make a few shitty projects and then learn from your mistakes. The code wasn't good because I still had to learn a lot, but I wouldn't get to my current skill level without making those mistakes in the first place. You learn about shitty code by writing it and then looking at and understanding your mistakes and how you could do better instead of putting your work on a pedestal.

Why don't you post your projects, so you can be held to the same scrutiny?

Am I trying to be the arbiter of good programming patterns? No. Are you? Obviously. Note the difference. You produce shit, yet expect people to change what they're doing on the basis of you not liking it. You're not John Carmack. You're actually going to have to provide reasoning behind your decrees.

You're just blowing my mind now with the lack of awareness about what my point was even about. Just, let me try and explain it to you AGAIN:

says that retarded concepts like getters and setters aren't bad without providing a reason.
I say that they are bad without providing a reason.

So, you're looking at sharing his opinion about getters and setters, and me sharing my opinion back. Nobody is trying to be the arbiter of anything, and this is just you putting more words in my mouth, which is your favorite tactic because you get to make up strawmen that you can knock down. This isn't a warrant to say "stop posting", and anyone who unironically says that should go to reddit where people with unpopular opinions are forced to stop posting.

They add nothing to the code. If I have something like:
struct my_struct { int feild;};...struct my_struct s = {0};s.feild = 5;

Why do I need to write it like this:
struct my_struct { int feild;};void set_my_struct_feild(struct my_struct s, int value){ s.feild = value;}...struct my struct s = {0};set_my_struct_feild(s,value);

What does using getters and setters add? Absolutely nothing but an increased linecount.

mistake in the code, i meant:
void set_my_struct_feild(struct my_struct *s, int value){ s->feild = value;}

In a modern language, you wouldn't actually increase your linecount. Rest assured, you're safe. Besides being wrong about that, it'd look more like this if you decided to use a getter/setter.

struct my_struct {
int feild {get; set;}
};

Of course, in this situation, I would decline to use a getter/setter because there's absolutely no reason to. That's three strikes in one post. You're on fire.

Tell that to Java. Or the CS professors who make people write getters and setters even when you don't need them. Those people are still doing it for no reason.

Anyway I don't like implicit getters and setters either because you're calling a function without it explicitly saying so. (I have the same problem with operator overloading). That way, I cant just look at the code and immediately know what is being done.

imo a much better solution would be some sort of unix style permissions system for members.

i.e. public r, protected r/w etc

I said modern language.

And English teachers force students to add mindless fluff to increase their word count. That doesn't mean we should stop using adjectives. If you use academia as your base line you're going to end up shunning anything they get their filthy jewish hands on.

I haven't used a getter/setter in my life

why should there be permissions systems for members?
I don't understand this at all. Java has this and I am still clueless as to WHY anyone thought it was a good idea. If you don't want to use a field in a certain situation… just don't use it? Problem solved.

Hiding data members from outside sources isn't even slightly controversial, for reasons that the other autist will probably bother going into

It would make it easier to shut up the encapsulation fags without adding the possibility of overhead (even if it's optimized away)

Unfortunately, people are STILL using Java. I really wish it would just die. You can blame minecraft and Android for that. Since all android apps have to be written in Java, Java is still relevant.

The thing is, getters and setters are still useless even without academia forcing them. Its just designed to make people think they are doing more work than they really are.

This is obvious

what does this even mean? are you passing classes over the network or something? Because there are better ways of doing such a thing…

This answer is most in line with explaining all the non-answers I usually get (not taking a dig at anyone here, but peers I have who are really into Java say things along the lines of: "you could make a bug if you accessed the wrong thing so it helps you")

I use C# for my android apps, although I'm 99% sure it gets converted to java at some point

Jesus GML is insane. Where do you
Jewiny Jillickers, Radioactive Man!

What do you think would be the solution to fixing the face? I'm just hearing a lot of "it's uncanny valley", but no real specific suggestions as to what is making it uncanny valley.

If shit breaks when feild is set to a value >100, you add a setter with a check if the value you'r setting it to is

Unfortunately, all metrics that I can find says Java is the most popular programming language right now.

This is the only time that its excusable. However, people will make getters and setters for EVERY field, which bothers me to no end. you could also document this, but with Pajeet's, I get it. What does 1MA mean?

According to good C# design, every publicly exposed variable should be a Property. You should never expose a Field. The overhead in getting/setting it will be minimal at worst, and you can always make a specialized value type or struct with fields if you need that extra speed for special circumstances.

hownew.ru, it means 1-man army

rigging this is not going to be fun. i can already tell it's going to clip like shit.

on the bright side, thanks to whoever suggested i not subdivide it in the last thread. it would've been 90k tris or something stupid instead of 22k.
just have to get past rigging, and then i can actually start making a fucking game.

I'm tired and a retard