Vanquish PC Still Broken?

How bad is this framerate bug?

144 HZ user here, at least for me, they fixed it.

I'm guessing you take double damage? Is the console version 30fps?

That's almost as retarded as linking framerate to loading time.

60fps was a mistake.

It makes sense if your game wasn't meant to leave the console it was made for. It's still an asinine thing to do, but it makes sense.

I'll pm you the fix ;)

nvm fixed it myself

Gotchya, locking the thread now.

It didn't stop me from completing the game and again on hard mode.

That's not what they did. The game had a fixed number of invincibility frames, which meant you could get hit again twice as quickly at 60fps than on 30. And since enemy fire generally happens in bursts you'd take damage from multiple projectiles instead of just one as on console.

>They just can't fucking work with DirectXD

>Having the hardware to run games [email protected]/* */

This

Nothing wrong with this, DirectX should die

It's not linking framerate to damage or anything in specific, it's linking framerate to the engine timings. This is bad engine programming that was solved in the 90s, maybe even earlier.

top kek console tards have such low standards

Was solved in the west in the 90s. Nips still do it all the fucking time and some of the shittier western devs like Jewthesda do this for some fucking reason.

reminder that a lot of games in 90s were tied to the CPU speed and cannot be played properly with newer CPUs so not only gooks are retarded

Pic related

Thanks mom and dad for this game, it was a blast.

It just means that this '60fps for the sake of it' meme is retarded. If the game was made to run in 30 it should stay 30. But of course imageboard retards will eat it up, cause they can't think for themselves.

Hang yourself my man

Not at the time Vanquish came out. By then, it was very clear that, one day, a game may be re-released on better hardware, no matter what it was made for. The PS3 being an HD collection box should have made that clear enough.

This is the type of shit you'd do on Game Maker. Fucking Game Maker. Holy shit, man. What sort of fucking pajeets made this shit.

Fuck, I use Game Maker and even I've learned ways to get past that type of shit. ON AN ENGINE THAT'S DESIGNED AROUND THAT. WHERE GAME SPEED IS TIED TO FRAMERATE, EVEN I CAN GET PAST THAT.

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's some nice box art

Most of the framerate bugs have been fixed, only some minor ones remain here and there. Though everybody went on how taking more damage would make the game more impossible because of the framerate bugs, on the release version playing on God Hard would actually be easier than it is now. Most people forgot to mention that while you were liable to take more damage, your health would regenerate also much faster compared to the console version. Normally on the console version, having your health in critical status on God Hard would take FOREVER to regenerate, which was sped up a lot in the release version of the PC port. The increased damage taken didn't matter on God Hard since you already took ridiculous amounts of damage to begin with, and on high-level play you should barely take any damage at all to begin with.

Speaking of their ports, did they fix the stuttering in bayonetta?

The Bayonetta port did see a minor patch fixing stuff like excessive CPU usage and fixing some graphical options. Have you tried that one out?

It wouldnt even start up for me, shame because I remember enjoying it on PS3

I guess. Too bad the game is utter shit though.

I haven't, thanks for the head up.