Japanese MMOs

Are there any specifically japanese MMOs that aren't FF or PSO?
I need me new online grinder but both westerners and koreans can only produce shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

mmos.com/editorials/japanese-mmorpgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just because it's japanese made doesn't mean it's good

You're right.
However when something is not japanese made it does mean it's bad.

Daily reminder that we're undergoing a major anti-japanese marketing campaign, funded by Microsoft just like at the launch of the X360. Japan must be protected as it's our only hope against the SJW infested market in the west.

What a fucking whore.

I'm a huge fucking weeb and been hearing anti-jap talks for about 30 years now, I don't give a fuck.
I search around and found mostly closed shit or something I've already played. It seems japane isn't big on mmos as the rest of the world. Which I guess is good?

They're all about those mobile gamus. Speaking of which, haven't even MMOs been trying to make it on fucking mobile now?
Can't see that shit lasting, but in a way it's good because all the garbage is going there now. Maybe we can have something good when all the fucking chinks and their lemming population leave PC.

Just saying. Shills have been working the board in this direction.

Most mobileshit is MMO, or at least it has a multiplayer component: as in leaving a party slot open for guests from other players. I.e. granblue fantasy. Sometimes people mention dragon's dogma online, but it's pretty butchered compared to the original game, and it requires a VPN.

I think android has more mmos than PC now, half of them have generic anime icons and shitty low poly models so I guess you're right.

Grandshit is not even a video game. About DDO I know, but playing something that fast-paced with vpn is cancer, I learned that when PSO2 had that yahoo.jp fuck up for months.

Yeah I find it a bit weird how many MMO anime there are yet MMOs don't seem that popular there.

An MMO is too complex a game for a mobile platform to enable, in much the same way an MMO has to be crippled to be played on a console (and has been). Japanese games have been shit for ages, by the way.

Oh my sweet child you don't even know the horrors of the Appstore.
Hundreds if not thousands of games that are pseudo-MMOs, always online with the same grinding, same Pay-to-Win but with minimal player interaction if any and very shitty gameplay, something like having a stronger number just means you win instantly, so it's just clicking options to grind until you get a big enough number. When there is gameplay involved it is so simplistic and braindead there are "auto" buttons that makes the game fast forward and play automatically so you can basically "skip" the gameplay.

There are some actual MMOs, some solid ones but they still feel like 2000-2005 games and are just not worth it. If you're going to invest time on a game that you can only play with internet you'd best play it a home on your PC with proper specs and input options.

Online only games on mobile is a fucking jewish joke to begin with. The appeal of mobile should be that you carry your phone everywhere, so even on places with no computers/internet around you'd have some games available.

don't be a fucking idiot, nobody said anything about consoles

Well yeah guys, I obviously wanted this for PC.
Reasoning that most jap mmo devs went to mobiles may explain why there are so few PC ones, but that's not the reason for this thread.

I mean PSO franchise isn't your standard mmo either, it's an instanced dungeon crawler, as well as DDO. So there gotta be something else like that, as long as combat is fun and they don't IP ban gaijins I'm willing to try it.

30 seconds on google
mmos.com/editorials/japanese-mmorpgs

Even if you're being ironic you're still full of shit. The X360 had a whole slew of Japanese exclusives at launch like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Ace Combat 6, meant to be a push for the Japanese gaming market, and then went on to become the mainstay console for Japanese shmups.

As I said half of those are closed and the other half get regular threads in there so naturally I played them. Especially FF and PSO2 since you don't even need VPN to play them.
I never touched cosmic break 2 though, I wonder how it compared to the first one.

lol weeb scum

Just play FF or PSO?

They censor games more than the west does.

NO WHITE PIGGU ARROWED

Yeah but they only censor gore, not sexy lolis.

I'm sick of PSO and FF is just plain boring.

Jewtendo != Japan.

Funny you post that, as I started to play it yesterday.
Shit is surprisingly hot-blooded. It's kinda R12 Devil May Cry.

No, unless you're into mobile games. You're better off never playing MMORPGs and playing games like Monster Hunter, God Eater or Toukiden 2. You can still grind in those games too, but you won't be playing with as many players. But it's better than dealing with random party members who act like retards in your typical MMORPG.

The only MMORPG I've really liked lately is Black Desert Online and a guilty pleasure with friends which is Elder Scrolls Online, but both have some major issues.

Speaking of monster hunter.
Do you think The World will be standard one-off full priced game with optional co-op like usual, or will make it f2p garbage with microtransactions?

Full priced game with optional co-op. Though, there's not enough details available about the game besides what got leaked and shown at E3.

Come to think of it don't some supposedly full priced games still have microtransactions?
I haven't bought capcom anything since BOF4 for PS1, doesn't SF5 have them as well? I know MGS5 did, but that's published by a different company.