Quake Champions Beta discussion

Didnt see a thread about Quake Champions so i decided to make one

I got into Quake Champions Beta (its free) when they announced it at E3 with new maps/champions etc and my experience wasnt as good i expected it to be. Some things i didnt like

1) Map designs are eye-piercing to the point devs had to add blue or red arrows on top of player heads so you could see them on the screen.

2) "Champions" are 50:50 in design from Quake universe, some are from Quake3 with new models (VERY SHITTY imo) while other half are brand new and they look like shitty waifu baits like the Nyx girl.

3) Champions have stats, for example Anarki and Slash have low hp and low armor but high speed and have active and passive abilities that make them go GOTAGOFAST, Ranger and Visor for example have medium hp and medium armor while "tanks" have shitload of hp and armor.

3.1) The reason i dont like this is beacause it takes away the skill factor and focuses more on Rock-Paper-Scissors which imo doesnt belong in Quake and to me it seems like they are trying to cash in on Goywatch or other shitty TF2 clones popularity.

4) Cash Shop with shitload of microntransactions, you have 3 currencies, Premium, Freemium and Shards. Premium is bought with real money and you can use it to buy second best and best LOOT CRATES (second best are 3x cheaper than best crates but provide less rewards), Freemium is gained through combat after end of each match and it used to buy the shittiest, Shards tooltip says it used when you destroy duplicates to gain material so you can craft new shit but it seems this option is either blocked or not implemented in this beta version.

4.1) Cash shop also allows you to "RENT" Champions, everyone starts with Ranger and you can "RENT" other champions per day (prob more time if you spend more), also weapon and model skins + fucking shader skins (its basicly different color for your skin model, pants that are gray/blue can become yellow/red).

These are some of my opinions but i would like to see what other people's experience is like.

Why the fuck is Anarki a trans-humanist 60 year old skateboard punk who wants to "flip tables"

Other urls found in this thread:

altchar.com/head-shots/546811/why-bj-blazkowicz-has-no-business-being-in-quake-champions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you dense or something?

We certainly need a game night with quake 3 CPMA.

any good Q3 host?

Did they fix the horrible matchmaking? I tried to play 2 weeks ago and it took several minutes to find a lobby and when I found one I was against people who have been playing the beta for ages.

Doomguy when?

It won't be long, they've added B.J. Blazkowicz to the roster recently.

Fuck off shill.

That's because all the unpaid shills got told to fuck off long ago and nobody wants to talk about Bethesda's attempt at cashing in on Overwatch hype.

I hate how depressed Ranger sounds

matchmaking is still broken, constantly getting paired up against people whos account is lvl 46 and the like

didnt take long to be called a shill

Ranger using Wrack model really is depressing

I'm interested in trying it out sort of, but I haven't been into multiplayer fps games for a long while. I think the last one I got really into was Battlefield 2142. Now I mostly do singleplayer shooters, and what multiplayer I do is strategy games. I wonder what changed.

Defend this.

Between Quake 3 and QC?

The multiplayer players these days are mostly children and faggots nowadays, that's why I don't play them as often as I used to

if i remember correctly his ability makes him dualwield the weapon he is currently carrying effectively doubling the damage, 90% of people in beta are saying its OP and needs nerf while 10% are saying its fine, 10% are BJ mainers.

I don't get it, he clearly missed him?

That's not the problem, the problem is the ridiculous damage output of a double lightning gun because of Blowjob's special ability.

Tell me where it says I called you a shill. I said the shills that were here got told to push their shitty game somewhere else.

Nah, I meant my tastes. Like, I personally enjoyed the last Wolfenstein and Doom and played them a few times but multiplayer fps I just don't care for.

That probably has a bit to do with it too. I'm not as social and outgoing as I was as a teenager years ago. I used to do mmos and be talkative in guilds and such, or communicate in shooters for teamwork, but yeah I don't know. I still play games with buddies but I don't really go beyond that now. Gwent's probably the only game I play with strangers, but you're only playing against one opponent and there's no voice chat or anything.

you played Quake 3 in the past ?

Learn the maps, health/armor, and movement system you bad whiny retard.

no por favor

I sincerely hope you're just pretending to be retarded.

bethesda wants champions to compete with overwatch
they have become reactive legends and eso are proof of blzzard parroting, along side overwatch

also the new quake models as in OP's 2) are shit

altchar.com/head-shots/546811/why-bj-blazkowicz-has-no-business-being-in-quake-champions

At least there's that Tribes Clone that looks promising outside of being kikstartershit.

how is ESO proof of Blizzard parroting ? And i agree that BJ blazkowicz and other non Quake 3 champions dont belong in Quake universe.

You know what they say: "with jews, you lose"

Is this Bethesda's notOverwatch?

This is how you played Quake you llama. In the words of my generation: I will shove my railgun so far up your ass it will knock out your teeth.

But no one who is working on that game probably ever played a Quake game to the level many of us did when they were big titles –so I just don't trust Bethesda to do anything right.

This is just confusing
One moment you're referring to the ridiculously powerful Thunderbolt in QuakeWorld and then you mention the railgun which didn't even appear in Quake 1, it only first appeared in Quake 2

its not about standard Quake plays but about specific champion in this case BlowJob Blazkowicz

lmao autistic cuck fags

hows the netcode fam?

Until I see the majority of pro players exclusively focusing on playing BJ, Or some kind of objective comparison of all the overpowered but short in duration abilities, I'm going to take most complaints as NaCl.

Their second one, actually. The first one got cancelled.

not so great, on some maps i feel like i have constant mini lag spikes

His ability is OP and like i said before 90% are saying its OP and 10% who are defending it are people who said they are gona main him. His ability is double damage with no downsides at all, meanwhile Sorlag has some shitty acid spit that is easily avoidable and doesnt deal any proper damage.

If you're making the source of your percentages the average beta player complaining in chat, then you're mostly polling people who don't have the "Git Gud" mentality of looking for counter-play that would much rather complain about being pub-stoped in DM or TDM by a "broken" character

i just had a BlowJob Blazkowicz go 22/2 in team deathmatch, tell me again how his ability isnt OP and just everyone else needs to "L2P"

Destruction of a legacy isn't exactly free.

Tell me how you would reliably counter Visor's wallhack.
Tell me how you would reliably counter Sorlag's DoT/AoE nuke.
Tell me how you would reliably avoid getting hit by Nyx once she exits her phase ability.
Tell me how you would reliably counter BJ's double fucking lightning-gun.

Fuck off skinwalker.

I want UT4 to be finished already.

I don't really care about it tbh, it looks very similar like all the other online arena shooters which I have played more than enough at this point. I'd have liked more a single player game.
Fuck it, I'd even be okay with a DOOM expansion at this point

By playing a better game :^)

This alone kills the game. It's something that proponents of "good" graphics and ever fancier engines will never admit to because it collapses the whole narrative of AAA "game" development.

The entire base of the game is flawed, its never going to be good and they will probably focus on the e-sports side too making it even more cancerous.