Zone of Enders

So today at my local video game store I had a choice between Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 4, or this. As you probably guessed by the thread subject, I went with Zone of Enders. Game is okayyyyyyy so far, but the main character is kind of a pussy. I was kinda put off before that there was only three types of enemies, but it seems like as their level increases more moves get added to their ways of offence, so I suppose that makes up for it. What do you guys think of the game and/or the rest the the series?

ZoE2 is infinitely better in every way.
The GBA game was solid.

The second one is better gameplay and story wise. Leo is actually kind of cool in the second game, and he pilots Vic Viper which is kind of cool.
I kind of like the first one for the setting and the music.

ZOE2 blows ZOE1 out of the water in every way you can think of. Art, Gameplay, Sound, Story, Replay, Technical Innovation, Fun, Capital Letters For No Reason.

The GBA game was a great SRW clone and the OVA series was neat. Cool franchise, the only way you can go wrong is only by playing the first game and stopping because it was so bad.

Now I have to disagree with you on art and sound. Night time cityscapes make my dick rock hard, and the music was fucking great.

ZoE 1 is fun but too short, it's basically like the first five episodes of a Gundam series and then it's just over.
ZoE 2 is a straight upgrade, is decently long and has an actual fulfilling ending.
From the few episodes I've seen Dolores is alright though the whole thing with the series being not-gundam kinda seems stupid in anime form where it doesn't seem as stupid in the games.
Fist of Mars has fun designs and an alright story, which I didn't even know had branching paths until years after I played it, but the implementation of the active aiming system really fucks up the games difficulty where if you turn it off to use stats to determine hits and misses it becomes really hard but if you use it it's fucking trivial to hit every attack and never get hit in return.

Didn't we just have a ZotE thread?

I love it when made up languages are used in vidya music.

First game is alright, but pretty easy. Most of the sub-weapons are useless, I found the rescue missions annoying, and there's way too much back-tracking. The combat's good, and the enemy level system is cool. The sequel is ridiculously better, though. Combat is faster and has more options, enemies are smarter and more interesting to fight, there's more variety to the game, and the sub-weapons are actually useful. And, man, are the mech designs in the series really fucking cool.

Khinsider has an mp3 of that song without the crackling, if that's what you're getting at. Just figured I'd mention it. Of course, if you're talking about the song being done for something with better audio output than the GBA, that's another issue.

Oh, and if you do get the sequel, grab the ps3 HD remaster, and make sure to download the update. Japan got a second release of the game with more content, that the west never got until the HD version was released, if I remember correclty.

Doesn't the HD remaster run like crap though?

Only the xbox version, they fixed the PS3 version a few months after release.

That's why I specified the ps3 version and said to download the update. Konami brought in another developer to fix Second Runner, but they could only release the update for ps3.

nigger play the 2nd game its the best game I've ever played in my fucking life.

VIDEO GAMES

Alright, I'll bite, how is this not video games?

LED - City Is in both games and many other games as well as his CD. It's on ZOE but it's not a ZOE song. ZOE1 is still abysmal compared to 2.

fuck off, shill

It's the "Kojima is a hack that makes movies and not games." faggots from elsewhere on the internet.
Pay it no mind.

I don't think that Kojima's involvement was all that heavy in ZOE.

Any involvement is enough to trigger these chucklefucks.
That said, he was more involved in ZoE2 than in the first one.

Goddamn it, we'll never have a series like this ever again. And daily reminder the HD collection is fucking shit

Isnt the whole gundam thingy about boy piloting a mech with zero training and winning the war?

I think he means that they play like the actual gundam show feels instead of like how most gundam games play. There are a couple gundam games that try to recreate the events and styles of the shows but a lot of what the west ends up getting is stuff like the gundam musous and the fighting games.

How the fuck there is still no undub for ZOE2?

It's an element in the franchise, but it's nowhere near the entire scope. It's sort of like if you only watched Wing and 00 and assumed the whole franchise was fujoshi-bait. Bandai has slowly gotten better at not giving us only the fucking musou games over the last few years, thankfully. The entire last generation was terrible with that, and it was fucking irritating.

Should have bought and supported the broken HD collection gaijin piggus!

/clang/, please.

That poorly animated sack of shit was fucking boring.

Now Dolores, that was neat, if fir no other reason than it was basically a comedic inverse of the games.

Anyone agree that Ken is a qt?

what's wrong with it? Was thinking about buying it because I only ever played the first game.

Yes.

Ken along with Karin Koenig from Shadow Hearts 2 and Millenia from Grandia 2 made me realise I had a thing for redheads.

Framerate drops, especially bad, considering the game's tagline is High speed robot action. Was mostly fixed in the patch. Some graphical glitches here and there, which persists, particularly the mouths of characters during some dialogue cutscenes, especially before and after the Inhert fight.