Tanks and Tank vidya

I've been playing Brigador recently, whose hovertanks have led me to play Thunder Brigade again, which has lead me to play Battlezone again.
Basically I just want games where you're playing tanks. Doesn't have to be futuristic, modern or WW era, don't care if it's sim or arcadey(although the latter is preferable), don't care if old or nu.
Two questions:
1) Is Battlezone 98 redux any good?
2) Which of the big three russian f2p tank games(World of Tanks, Warthunder, Armored Warfare) is/has:
I haven't played any of them but looking at some footage they all look interesting, but I'm having my reservations since they're f2p games

Discuss tanks and shit. I'm curious if anyone has played Thunder Brigade? I don't think I've ever seen it discussed, ever.
Nut vidya but I was always curious about the optical systems, if any, used in WW era tanks. Anyone got an info dump on those?

Other urls found in this thread:

fdossena.com/?p=wined3d/index.frag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

World of Tanks, Warthunder, Armored Warfare

NONE
They are all russian bias bullshits with grind on levels of korean mmos

from gameplay standpoint it goes WT>WoT>AW
but everything good in that is ruined by having to grind a tank by hoping to get a kill and then being killed by stalinium vehicle/plane

forgot to add
can you list those SP tank games that are good and are not from PS1 era?

I can only recommend Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 and Steel Armor: Blaze of War.

When it comes to War Thunder, stay the fuck away. The game is a fucking mess with the most broken and historically inaccurate ballistics and armor thickness or gun rate of fires I've ever seen. The developers have not once given a single fuck about what the community suggested and they will ban you from the forums if you win an argument with their moderators. You also need to pay IRL money for adding branches and foliage on your tank for camouflage. Of course they are low-poly shit assets with abhorrent lighting and stop rendering at >500 meters, effectively making them utterly useless. With kills you also unlock camouflage patters that never existed.

sikrit dokuments

Armored Warfare crashed with no survivors so avoid like crazy.

Was getting caught part of their plan?

t. CIA pro

Of Course! Dr Pavel refused our grab deal in favour of yours. We had to find out what he paid you!

thats just tip of iceberg.

Planetside 2 may scratch your itch for arcade stuff.
Vanu have a weird-arsed hovertank with a fixed gun, the New Conglomerate have your typical tank, and the Terran Republic have a twin-gun starcraft style segee tank. They all have access to the Lightning light tank, and you can tweak the guns to an extent (Lightning starts with a 6 shot autocannon, but can pack an AA cannon, HE/HEAT/AP cannons) and handling.
Free to play, quite grindy but even a 'basic' tank is no slouch-you unlock more ammo, better optics, that sort of thing. No magical pay-to-win ammo.

MY
NIGGA
I think i spent more time on the level editor than playing the game

I've played it before, I'd love it if my PC could actually run it over 25 FPS.

Thank you for the recommendations, I'll try them out. And what a shame about War Thunder and Armored Warfare.
I hesistate to ask now, but what about World of Tanks?

RNG and P2W out the ass, plus the matchmaking is actively set against you

Steel Armor is incredible, I just wish Steel Fury worked with nvidia graphics cards.
At least I can scratch my WW2 itch with the Panzer Front games.

Early Girls und Panzer sketch? :^)

Still has 5 crew. Why?

Even if we eliminated the commander we could assume with the 'flattened' design ammo might need two loaders to bring from a rear ammo compartment.

Try fdossena.com/?p=wined3d/index.frag
Fixed some retarded manufacturer specific issues for me in the past.

Panzer Front Ausf B und Panzer Front für das Sega Dreamcast.

Thanks for maing it obvious that you're too stupid to bullycide Russian pilots/tankers.

You truly are a faggot. once a realistic tank game comes out, War Thunder will lose 70% of it's playerbase within 24 hours. The only reason it has players is because no other game has been released to compete with it.
I like to play all nations - except the commies. Their tanks are shit and Gaijin does everything to make them stronger than they were IRL.

lad below tier 7 they're p. balanced
This happens more often that not though, it's fucking bullshit on how fucking retarded the BR for the T-34s and post-war tanks was, not to mention how fucking cancerous the ZSU-57-2 is.

Here's your (You) since you don't know how much apparent the bias is

Honestly I fail to see how World of Tanks has Russian bias. Their heavy tanks are shit and lack competitive penetration. Every single Russian heavy after tier 6 has the exact same design and the exact same weakspots. And unlike Germans, they cannot sidescrape because their front becomes a weakspot.

Meanwhile the German tanks in WoT are pretty much the best at everything. Great armor, amazing rate of fire and god-tier penetration. The only "bad" German line is the scout and medium one. The Panthers however are pretty darn good once you learn how to use them. They have the potential of carrying games.

And the E50/E50M are unironically the best mediums, and rammers

Funny, I remember people saying the same thing about Armored Warfare.

Simply put, KV-1 and KV-1S. Those Tanks were blatantly OP at their Tiers for a long time which fostered a lot of "Russian Bias" mentality. They eventually got nerfed but the devs took far too long to nerf the KV-1S. It's correct that these days you will not actually see Russian Bias in WoT at all, but don't pretend it wasn't there early on.

So wait, I don't get it, is WoT good or not?
Actually scratch that, since I know there's probably only one way to find out.
What I should be asking is, how much will I download?

Too much.

If it's over 10 I'll probably not want to.

It's 30GB.

WoT can go fuck itself.

Welcome to the world of Free to Goyim.

You mean like the post-war ammo that was given to make IS-2 competitive in the first place and that was REMOVED after unending whining because "ablobloobloo my KT can't facefuck anything to death whenever I want anymore". Meanwhile the Muricans & Brits get buffed again and again and have the best CAS options too for good measure.

Nigga KV-1 is babby's first heavy tank and rightfully so, it has shit aim time and speed that while is pretty good against tier 5 and below, is completely shit against tier 6 and up. Sure you could use the jack-of-all trades 85mm but with that aim time and shit accuracy, you might as well pick the 122mm for more bang for your buck, oh and don't forget it's bad gun depression. KV-1S was OP though i wouldn't see it as being OP but rather more as it was better than every tier 6 heavy in it's tier. KV-85 was a welcomed change. If anything it's the Japanese retarded superheavies that are the true OP heavy tanks in the game.
Russian tanks are like the russian's playstyle themselves, they're crude, mostly dumb since they're easy to pick up and play, has an emphasis on close range fighting, and has a nice alpha damage on it's guns, rewarding the person who lands the first shot
user, i…
Oh fuck it

Fucking this, the german tanks in the game is one of the best in the game, though the Burgers get the edge on Vertical Stabilizers first plus retarded RoF while the Bongs get superfast Medium tanks with bunker turrets. Tiger I in WoT is a shitty armoured tank for it's tier but it makes up for it for being a DPM Beast that can rival TDs in DPM, has decent speed, and babby's first sidescraping lessons.

Blitz is better since it doesn't try to jew you as much as PC WoT does if i can list everything WoT Blitz did right compared to it's PC version, i'd be here all day

I can't wrap my head around making it p2win.
Like what, do they have super OP premium tanks and shit?

Nigger I don't even know where to begin with your bullshit here.
Seriously, how much is Gaijin paying you to put your head in the sand

Confirmed for never playing the early KV-1, that shit was ridiculous.

Yes, alot of time but lately, a fucking lot. There's a fiasco recently on how some e-celeb called out WeeGee on their bullshit but then WeeGee just tries to have his channel sued or some shit, and the whole community threw a shitfit.
And not limited to just selling super duper OP prem tanks too, the way the economy works is that you won't be making any money playing on a Tier 8 if you don't use a premium account (which you gotta buy) and then you got shit like demounting equipment takes gold (which you gotta buy) or you have to buy a new equipment altogether, gold ammunition that used to be only boughtable by gold but now it's just obscenely priced, Crew training that takes alot of fucking grind if you don't take the gold option (i hope you like sub-par performance), Consumables that is obscenely priced just for a slight advantage for one battle only, you know Grindy shit like that. That's why i prefer Blitz since Blitz removes alot of that grinding bullshit and is generous with the buyable shit that you could get for a fair price.

gooks deserve more nukes

Sure wish there were some tank sims that didn't cost triple digits or actually had the decency of working with modern hardware.

Have you played the game recently? I wonder why 60-70% of the people playing now are playing on US / Brittish tanks? Right after the AP buff too.

The game could actually be OK if they removed the possibility to get up/down tiered or lowered it to like 0.3 or 0.7 at the very max. But no, either they want to appease seal clubber tanks that get downtiered 80% of the time or they actually think people would rather spend 2 minutes driving and die to a tank they cant pen from a terribly placed shot than just wait 5 minutes for a decent match up.

Seconded.

Tried all three. All are pay to win crap and to call them a sim is utterly laughable. The only thing that the games did was nudge me closer to maybe finally biting the bullet and buying Steel Beasts Pro.

Honestly, you'd be better off buying ARMA 2 or 3, downloading some mods, and looking for servers that run Vehicle heavy battles or finding some tank only single player missions.

Hell, modding out the Original Panzer Elite is a much better option.

Graviteam's outputs are worth a look as well.

I do have one other recommendation…that I don't recommend because I haven't played it in a long ass time.

WWII Online / Battleground Europe.

(The History of that game and bullshit behind it could be a thread in itself.)

Was there from the start. Dropped that shit the minute they introduced the whole XP/Level/Welcome to the grind garbage. Have no idea what the game or player base is like now. Still, the armor modeling and controls were light years ahead of ShitThunder and its clones.

Any other anons shine some light on the subject?

Read

I've invested too much in World of Tanks to stop playing it now. This is going to sound bad but, the game becomes fun once you grind the everloving fuck out of it
cyka

The ingame model's gun is clipped short.
Nuke yourself.