Shitty Overhyped Horror Games

Why the fuck can't anyone make a single horror game with a remotely decent plot anymore?

Game developers (especially indie ones) don't know how to make compelling characters mixed with frightening horror aspects (such as environment).
They operate on the simplest, easiest level. Instead of building up a character that you sympathize with by putting them hard on their luck or trying to make things right, they choose someone most people automatically sympathize with even without context. Oh look, its a lost child, I didn't like getting lost as a child, I sympathize with that! etc
Basically I'm just trying to fellate the character design in the Silent Hill series

This piece of shit.

Didn't that shit explode into a fullblown tumblr cancer fandom before the whole thing was even released?

shill thread
go back to cuckchan

Wow I never knew DSP posted here.

This is the first thread we had about this game and it was released like 2 months ago

Holy fuck, I miss when this board wasn't total shit.

Yeah, me too, man. Every thread that isn't a general should be locked and everyone who participated in it should be banned. I can't believe how many cuckchanners are raiding us right now. Definitely because of summer.

whoops forgot my sage :P

God, you're such a fucking faggot that I'm going to break down the entire game for you so neither you nor anyone else will buy it or waste their time.

Just because Holla Forums didn't talk about it doesn't mean it's not the current overhyped normalfag indie horror obsession.

E3 brings them in and summer makes them stay.
This time I think we're over the threshold of cancer, can't discuss anything without some fucking autist going:

I'm loving all those buzzwords OP, are you perhaps trying to fit in?

Is this some kind of contrarian shilling? What the fuck are you talking about?

pick one, this is a platformer-lite walking simulator
also

fuck off to your hugbox already, people who don't like a game also have the right to say so, and if that offends you, you're in the wrong place

Now you're proving that you're not only a shill, but ALSO from reddit! Go back there. Read Holla Forums's rules before you leave though, so you don't make the mistake again.
This thread is in clear violation of Unwritten Rule #31 stating that nobody can make a thread about a game that will come out or has come out within 3 months. If you talk about a newish game like Little Nightmares you will be sagebombed by the brave warriors of Holla Forums. SAGE!

FNAF is the definition of this thread's title.
Fucking thing is nothing but cheap jumpscares piled on some lame minigames, but the fucking thing still gets lauded as some indie masterpiece by every mouthbreather and furfag out there

YES.
FUCKING FINALLY
It's been this way for weeks.
Why does EVERYBODY notice this shit so late!? Christ.

There are a pack of retards going around trolling boards by calling users "newfags" and over saturating/miusing the word "cuckchan"/goon/etc until it loses all meaning, so then, they can divide and conquer.
NEVER REPLY, ALWAYS REPORT.

kek. Implying there are any people in this place who actually say anything positive ever about any game. Even implying they're the majority.

The whole industry is incestuous as fuck and takes "inspiration" from whatever previous flavor of the month indie game made lods e mone. FNAF tickled the 'tism of enough fags that it spawned an entire fanbase around speculating about "lore" and that led to lots of copycats trying to make vague mysterious games where you piece together the clues from half second soundbites and blurry pictures on the walls.

Really does seem like some kind of reverse psychology attempt to make the board unusable. No point in speculating who it might be. It's just obnoxious faggotry.

You fags make me miss Buis bots

I was on Holla Forums a month or so ago, and people were doing the same shit. The whole thread was one big pack of bait, there was even the "Vegan Gains" guy. Saying how meat eaters are inferior and other dumb shit. It was awful.
Always call them out when you can. We need an infographic for these new types of derailers. They've ruined threads here before too, and now they're targeting this one, and the rage thread from the looks of it. Just my fucking luck, those are the ones I'm lurking.

You are the problem.

Game isn't overhyped nor normalfag trash, theres barely any buzz around it.
I'm shitting on OP because of his statement, not otherwise, I've yet to play the game.

That's really all you got? The stick up your ass that has you desperately trying to stop a thread is that you think a game can't be accurately described as overhyped?

Fuck off.

Don't. Fucking. Reply
God, this is how good threads die.

Yes. Sorry you had to see these images, I needed to prove a point.

It's a low-effort walking simulator and they took one look at it and asked "how can I turn this into some kind of incestuous romance fanfic?!"

OP, I sincerely hope you die in a housefire with all your loved ones

OP, please stop proxyfagging

FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE

What is it with gay weebs and angel wings?

They think angel wings look cool on everything, I guess.

This does reflect on its product. I expected cartoony grim fanart but what I got was more Nu-DeviantArt autism

Sage isn't a downvote.

>>>/reddit/
Sage because it triggers you.

Any "horror" game with jump scares.

Japan, primarily.

How is that stopping you from discussing anything?

It's not even a horror game you fag

I can just negate it, like so.

Do you actually wants answers because I'll answer all of them. it does have deep lore but it's also really fun

Yeah, sure. Why not?

This shit looks like it was drawn on a template. Completely indistinguishable from typical tumblr bait outside of the BMI and hair color.

Where is you image from?

Some beaner.
pixeljoint.com/pixelart/97771.htm

Thanks.

SUMMERFAG SPOTTED!

All of them. Sage

It was actually really well put together as far as the game itself, it was just the story and the lore or whatever that fell short.

They actually made that into a live action movie.

As a platformer, it doesn't do anything even remotely above average. As a spooky game, it's not spooky at all. As a mysterious/atmospheric game, I might say that it's at least a semi-unique setting, but even with direct answers of who people were and what was going on, it comes down to "Magic" and "just because"

Much dick

Pretty much anything made popular by Let's Plays. Such games are generally built on cheap jumpscares for WHACKY facecam reactions.

Oh, tumblr.

Why live?

where?
You want some really overhyped games?
What about The Last of Us, Horizon: zero whites, any COD, Battlefield, Naughty Dog and Bioware title

Rose in the Twilight

How this shit is getting such high ratings? It looks phenomenal, but instead of a horror game, or at least platformer, they made it shitty logic game. Why?

We've had and continue to have threads on those constantly. Hence why I qualified the title with "horror" games.

i like some logic games, but it just seems too simple. i won't be lured in by cuteness to a game i finish in under 2 hours again.

I really, really like this image