PC hardware thread

I can't fucking find AMD cards except for 460s and 550s anywhere I look. If I want to use it in Windows 7 and Linux, would it be worth it to snag a 1060? And how will that card age?

Other urls found in this thread:

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx580/
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/
digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-geforce-experience-desktop-client-registration-required/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/965356/can-i-use-geforce-experience-without-an-account-/?offset=15
forum.quartertothree.com/t/wtf-nvidia-login-now-required-in-geforce-experience/126678
kotaku.com.au/2016/07/you-cant-use-the-new-geforce-experience-without-logging-in/
youtube.com/channel/UCGgy9QqFwElrVg4vf6QNX_A/videos
rn12.ultipro.com/SON1002/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*5EC73E0F73128493
archive.is/ygOG3
reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/search?q=GPU&sort=new&restrict_sr=on&feature=legacy_search
wccftech.com/nvidia-promises-support-freesync/
pcpartpicker.com/list/Fjy77h
amazon.com/gp/product/B015MPQQ0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B0043T7FXE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
pcpartpicker.com/list/D0Fpyr7
pcpartpicker.com/list/DFpyr7
gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-16gvk
144hzmonitors.com/best-gaming-monitor/
pcpartpicker.com/list/WTsrQV
pcpartpicker.com/user/sweatyspacebear/saved/3BLXLk
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k12sv1NXGGuSOY0NhsuONtRCte51GHKdgA7ciL76mBs/edit#gid=485052351
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Benchmark-designed-for-PCSX2-based-on-FFX-2
nicehash.com/?p=calc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That would depend on which season you pick up your GPU. Then it would depend on how you would mash it, be it by foot or machine. After that, you need to think on how you're going to ferment it. I prefer using old casks for that. Finally, wait out a few years before you can use it.

Think about all those great new games you will be able to play on modern graphic card!

Yeah…

I've heard people say that Nvidia cards get worse performance as years go by, this is done because Nvidia can make you buy another one of their cards. Or so it goes.

I want to be able to play Planetside 2, Project Reality and Reflex with FPS out the ass on 1080p. My current card is a low end piece of ass from 2011. You tell me.

You will be able to do all those things at 60 FPS with a 1050 TI for 130bux instead of shelling out 240bux for a 1060.

If you've got a 10+ year old GPU and want to upgrade, you might as well get something more recent from the past ~2 years. The prices drop fairly quickly after 2 years and the extra $50 over something older is worth the extra power.

Doesn't matter if you don't like the games coming out now, but all past games will benefit from a newer card.

ebin.

a 1060 would be an overkill for 1080p

What are you looking for? You mean 580s? You will have to hunt them try using nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx580/

Plain bullshit i own a 780 and a 970 and they have been working as well as the day i unpacked them. But they surely pulled that 3.5 + .5 GB VRam shit with the 970

Im sure you can make a good case why your favourite brand of overpriced jewry with hardware level inbuilt spyware and planned obsolescense is superior to someone elses favourite brand of overpriced jewry with hardware level inbuilt spyware and planned obsolescense

Nah is the best option if you want to play any unoptimized game. Most AAA from 2016 will make the 1060 work at full load

Go back to your cabin inna woods gramps

Why yes, Satan, I can.
House fires.

Also, nVidia locks control of your hardware behind shitty phone apps and paid subscriptions.
AMD fucks you, but on the cheap and uses a small amount of lube.

yer a nigger 'arry

I bet those 3rd parties aren't even open-source, user.

AMD cards are currently in high demand for cryptocurrency mining, just like what happened a few years ago when Litecoin etc took off. It's probably a big part of the reason Nvidia have the lion's share of the gaming market these days.

Like every nVidia card - horribly

Wait explain, i have only heard that you need to log in to use geforce experience, what's this crap?

Name one of those turds worth playing.

Im interesed in getting a PC build like this:

GPU: A Radeon 570/580 4GB (Or a 470/480).

RAM: 8GB of memory.

CASE: Antec GX200 black.

PSU: Nox Hummer 650W 80+ Bronze Modular.

HDD: A WD Blue 1TB (Or 2TB) SATA3.

The thing is that I am not sure about the CPU… Before I thought about getting a AMD FX 6300, but with Ryzen, I searched and they are good cpus, but the thing is that:

1-There is only the R5 1600 as the cheapest six-core cpu, and its around the 230-215 euros( Compared to the 125 euros of the FX 6300 on release)

2-Looks like the (Still not released) Ryzen 3 series will only be quad-cores.

The PC will be for browsing/gaming, and im not a graphic whore, so I dont need a super computer, so is the cpu. But I think long-term so I would like to have a six/eight core cpu, and the FX 6300 at least until recently, looked like a cpu to last. But then with Ryzen is the dilemma of being a good, but still to expensive compared to the FX6300, but the other lower Ryzen 5 cpus are quadcores…

So what do you recommend me, Holla Forums? Sould I get the 6300, or get the Ryzen 1600? Or wait for Ryzen 3/price drop? Anything to say about what I posted in the beginning?

I live in Spain, good thing that site has options for my country. Unfortunately, most 580s are out of stock or on preorder.

Yeah fam, I know, I just didn't expect them to be out of stock here as well, my country has a tendency of lagging behind most western fads.

That PC is pretty damn decent, though. The FX 6300 is a shit CPU, though. It has 6 cores, but the IPC is garbage. Worse than the i5 2500k, both in single thread and multithread performance. Get a Ryzen chip, the difference is night and day.

Also, this is Holla Forums.

Nvidia cards are running dry from this too.

It's a poor time time to buy a video card right now, best to wait until the cryptocurrency fad dies down. Miners are swiping up all the cards meant for gaming to grind those memcoins.

Name one computer that doesn't have any spyware AKA Intel ME and AMD PSP shit. I just want to play games while keeping good opsec.

Do you want to emulate Gamecube,PS2 onwards?
If yes then spend more and get a 7700k
If not then then get a good Ryzen 7 CPU if you want utility otherwise get Ryzen 5/3 if you don't want to spend more.
FX 6300 is not worth buying in this day and age.

Pretty sure there's really nothing made within the last decade without any of those backdoors.

7700k and Ryzen 7 would be overkill for his needs. The best he should aim for is a Ryzen 1600X and overclock it to 4.0ghz with some good cooling. He plans on getting a RX 580 and a paltry amount of 8gb memory.

But shouldnt a Ryzen 5 or even 3 emulate PS2/Gamecube too? Perhaps not to a 100% perfomance, but it should run most of the games fine, no?

how well would go a 7600 not-k 3.5 ghz with pcsx2 and cemu?? As a retard i bought it instead of a k version(which now has the same price)

Can you recommend me a good old PC without that shit?

its a "might as well kill yourself" tier mistake

7700k for emulation is pretty great and Ryzen 7 has better IPC than all the other Ryzen CPUs and more cores to boot so its objectively superior to others but I suppose its more expensive.

For PS2 you have stuff like R&C, SotC, MGS 2 and 3 which are very CPU intensive and need STP rating above 1900 which is something only 1800X has.
For Gamecube you have things like Metroid Prime Trilogy, Spiderman 2, Geist etc which are unplayble on with the multicore option making all the other cores of the CPU useless once again putting all the load on the STP rating of it.

A 7600 even without k still has very good STP. You should be able to run most stuff.

A 7700k is overkill for anything other than Wii U emulation. Hell even my 2500k can handle Cemu well enough, and that chip is ancient now. I think basically any current-gen CPU should be able to handle anything below Cemu-level emulation with no real issues, though the extra STP of Intel chips is always nice to have for emulation.

I'd go with a Ryzen R5 1600 (The x variant is just a higher binned chip with higher base TDP and boost clock, but they both overclock to about the same speed anyway and the 1600 comes with a cooler as well). The other choice would be a 7600k but it costs a bit more and you're losing out on a lot of potential multithreading performance (in case you ever want to encode anything for example). The 7700k on the other hand is probably too far out of his price range if he's already complaining about the cost of Ryzen.

Though if I were to go Ryzen I'd get a R7 1700 personally.

As for Gamecube/PS2 emulation, I've never had any issues at all running those kinds of emulators on my 2500k, so I really doubt you'd need a current-gen Intel for that either.

A 2500k can't run Ratchet and Clank at 60FPS in PCSX2.
Cemu is more GPU dependent than most emulators. People were running it on an OC'd G3258.

You have to sign into the Geforce account, and I'm fairly sure that's linked to your purchase, meaning they know exactly who you are and where you are at all times your computer is turned on.
The Geforce account also has a (((premium))) service for however much a month that gives you a free game or two plus more access to the hardware. I think you can overclock it slightly more that a normal Geforce account with premium and there's fan controllers.

Nothing in years. It's just a question of who you want that data to go to and whether it goes straight to the US gubment or if they just use it for intensive marketing.

A ThinkPad, of course.

You don't.
You won't get automatic updates and goy ready settings but beyond that the Geforce shit has nothing. I didn't even install that trash when I installed my driver.

Already got a chinkpad, T400. It looks like a pain in the ass to flash it though.

lol, I think you can't find any because of a meme bitcoin miners heard about amd cards being able to mine the fastest.

The G3258 isn't that bad though, it's about the same as a 2500k in single-thread while costing a fraction of the price.

I wouldn't know about Ratchet & Clank though, all I know is I haven't had problems emulating anything so far in PCSX2 (FFX and Kingdom Hearts both run perfectly fine at least, I haven't tried many others).

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/
If it locks out anything, it's garbage.
The "optimised settings" are the extra tidbits.

You could try ask in the Holla Forums question thread.
I don't follow CPU/GPU news very much, but I know they were getting closer and closer to removing all the crap from the i5 or i7 several months back, and there's probably something similar for some of the older (2-5 years) GPUs.

Its pretty bad for PC games unless you're planning to overlock it to 4.5ghz which means you'll be buying a new CPU every year.
Those ran perfectly fine on core2duos m8

And? Although preferible, for emulation isnt needed to have 60fps in 1080 for all the games. So a Ryzen 5 should be more than enought, IMO.

Geforce Experience is an OPTIONAL install that optimizes game settings. A while back it began requiring an account. The shills' game is to pretend that you MUST install GFE and that account requirement is mandatory just to have video drivers. It's a disinformation campaign. Ignore them.

Thats the thing. It doesn't lock out anything. You can still update your drivers, still change video game settings, still record videos. You just don't need Nvidia's closed source bloatware to do it.

Running a game at full speed is pretty important to emulating it. You may not think so but its what everyone else in the world thinks.

I didn't know they removed the mandatory account, but either way, you're still buying from a company who did it once and has no qualms doing it again, see: Bethesda.

They never had it to begin with you lying bitch

Just like 2012-early 2013, the design of cryptocurrency itself will make this method obsolete within a few months. Faster if FPGAs and ASICs devoted to them get built, which is the next logical step when compute complexity outstrips the performance/watt capacity of a GPU farm.

Get a Radeon 470/570 instead of the higher tier cards and use the extra money toward the Ryzen 5. Or wait for the Ryzen 3, the extra cores honestly aren't going to give you that much utility. The lower tier GPUs are perfectly adequate for 1080p at mid-high settings. Everything just depends on how much you're willing to spend, make adjustments to fit within that budget.

AYYY you do realize that upscaling is GPU handled right
if you cant emulate native resolution in software mode at 60 fps you can forget getting any playable results when upscaling

Never is a strong word, faggot:
digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-geforce-experience-desktop-client-registration-required/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/965356/can-i-use-geforce-experience-without-an-account-/?offset=15
forum.quartertothree.com/t/wtf-nvidia-login-now-required-in-geforce-experience/126678
kotaku.com.au/2016/07/you-cant-use-the-new-geforce-experience-without-logging-in/

Any good ideas for a dedicated workstation though? What do Linux autists use for work?

Geforce client isn't mandatory to use your video card you retard
Its literally bloatware. This is like complaining about registering to download an ask toolbar

Alright, keep justifying why it's perfectly acceptable all while calling me a shill. Clearly not going to win against a sperg that thinks anything the big two do is good.

You still haven't explained how Geforce experience locks you out of anything.
First time around this rodeo, retard?

I got my 1050 ti in the mail, plugged it in, installed the drivers and at no point had to register for anything. Disinfo doesnt help anyone you faggot.

youtube.com/channel/UCGgy9QqFwElrVg4vf6QNX_A/videos

This is the type of guy browsing this board.

A 7600k would do the job just as well in 99% of cases for emulation considering the heavy focus on single thread performance and the lack of significant difference between STP between the 7700k and 7600k and yes you could argue the 7700k are binned better so you can find one that hold 5Ghz on air easily whereas it's harder for a 7600k and yes I also know the 7600k has slightly less cache which could decrease performance a bit too, and in most cases you're not limited by a Ryzen CPU outside of a handful of scenarios (PCSX2 benches rate Ryzen @ 4Ghz at around the same performance level as a [email protected]/* */ and there's not much I could name that won't run well on a 4770k even @ stock)

What?, the architecture is the same all around there isn't any significant difference in performance @ the same clockspeed, threadripper and the R3 might change that though since they're not using the same architecture exactly, (current Ryzen are all based on 2 CCX module with various amount of core disabled threadripper either has more CCXs or more core per CCX and R3 will only have a single CCX (which eliminate interCCX communication penalties, meaning that theoretically it would be faster than R5/7 at the same clock on single thread performance mainly on windows

How easy is it to install Windows 7 on AMD's new hardware?

Blame the current altcoin mining boom. People are eating up stock of 580s and the prices for them are going up as well.

Does it really matter if your processor has a backdoor or not when the government is just collecting your Internet traffic en masse?

I would go gold, but if you want to save money go ahead, i doubt with that build you may even need that much

It was recently confirmed on a thread on Holla Forums that the FX series of CPUs don't have PSP. A guy on the thread emailed AMD consumer support asking that, and they stated that themselves. So, in theory, they wouldn't have any hardware botnet built into the die. If you have an FX-8xxx, FX-6xxx, you don't have PSP. So the best CPU you can get that lacks backdoors would be the FX-8370. I don't know about GPUs, but I doubt they have anything dubious hardware wise.

Also, PSP and ME are exclusive to the CPU, they don't exist anywhere else on a computer.

Also, Ryzen 1600 is pretty good, I would go with a 570 since 580 is too expensive right nowthanks cryptominers!. I would even maybe suggest getting an SSD to boot from and the WD Blue.If just an ssd, then get ADATA SU800 512GB is pretty cheap and performs decently enough.
1070s aren't bad either, but nvidia.

The game's FPS is not limited by your GPU. I have RX480 and although I can hit triple digit FPS when nothing's happening, some times fights just got into the 30-40 range and there's nothing you can do about it.

Even with an overclocked i5 3570k?

Well I'm running an i7 4770k @ 4GHz. Don't forget that the HUD/UI & map in the game run in flash and eat about 20-40fps easily.

And here I thought Planetary Annihilation had the most retarded way to have an ingame UI iirc it uses webkit

tell me you are joking

What do you mean by gold? Are you talking about the PSU? Why the hell would I need to spend 100+ euros for a shitload of energy I will not use?

The 1600 looks good, but I would like to spend less in CPU, but as I said before, thats the cheapest six-core one there is. Possibly I go with the 1600, but I ask…. Would a 1500/x be a good choice for the future too?

I'm in the same boat as you OP. I had a notify me set up and by the time I checked they had all sold out.
Now we have three options, either wait for the meme to be over, get a 1060 or wait for Vega. And with each passing day I am edging towards the 1060 route because it looks like the Vega release is gonna be months away and I wanna use my computer.

rn12.ultipro.com/SON1002/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*5EC73E0F73128493 archive.is/ygOG3

I have a gtx 750ti and It can run all games I want on medium/low. Is it worth to get a new gtx 1070 or should I just wait more for new games to come and for it to get cheaper?

also best cheap mouse ?

I've been building my comptuer recently too, the reason you can't find any AMD cards is that they're really good at mining cryptocurrency so they're all sold out due to the ethereum craze. It'll eventually crash when mining becomes less profitable than electricity cost but if you're thinking "well I'll just buy one on the cheap from a miner" don't, ex-miner cards don't last very long because they're used so intensively while mining.

I'd just go with the 1060 if I were you, that's what I'm doing at least. Nvidia doesn't actually fuck with their older cards but they're still jews and do all sorts of shit like put telemetry in Geforce experience, make proprietary graphics tech that doesn't work on AMD cards, and abuse their monopoly on their highest tier cards.

550w gold is all you need, its just more energy efficient least i was always told. But like i said, if you want to get a bronze 650w then that works to.
It wouldn't be bad, if you really want to spend less than its a fine alternative, i would get 1500x though just for the extra power or too lazy to overclock like me for not much more.

disgusting, no wonder that game runs like shit

a 1070 is all you need really,hell even a 160 is fine. 1080ti is overkill unless you want 1440p with higher refresh rates than your average monitor. Its half the price and for 400$ It will run most of your games on ultra/high for the next four or five years.

Meant to a 1060* is fine, i don't really recommend the 8 gb version either since it is maybe a 5% performance increase for 70$ more which isn't work it.

What do you mean? Is it currently difficult to find 480s and 580s or something? I got my 480 8gb last year for $230 I think when they went on sale during thanksgiving.

huh

Ethereum mining wasn't a thing during last thanksgiving.

Those will bid up pretty quickly until Ethereum dies.

Coins that are being mined now and are profitable(mainly zcash, ethereum, decred) were specifically made to be ASIC/FPGA resistant. So it'll happen eventually but it will not be soon. Which sucks because my rx480 recently died.

likely, just realized they where bids and not buyouts. Besides its not much better than the 570 which is easier to get

Vega will probably be bought up quick by miners as well.

The fuck.

First I've heard of this. I take it it's like bitcoin?

Exactly, AMD cards are notably better at mining so every time a cryptocurrency becomes profitable to mine all the cards get sold out for a couple months. Just don't buy used ones from miners when mining ceases to be profitable.

Not if you seriously intend on keeping that PSU for very long

If you emulate a lot of 6/7th gen it's probably the card that will handle everything just fine whereas the 1060 can chug in some games if you're a fan of very high IR had one and sent it back for a 1070 for that reason actuallyand I would also recommend going for that if you're planning on going 1440p sometime soon otherwise a 1060 is more than a decent upgrade already.

Depends on what you're looking for, if you just want a mouse grab the cheapest one you can find that has 5 buttons doesn't really matter, if you're specifically looking for a mouse with a good sensor the cheapest generally are ROCCAT ones which you can find for under 40 bucks with some luck, the G303 might be as cheap but I really wouldn't recommend it, the sensor is great but the build quality is atrocious.
I remember seeing a Cherry mouse that some people claimed was really fucking good for a 30 buck mouse but I have no firsthand experience of that so I can't tell you how good they are.

explain

PSU age and if you really use them for long (10 years or more) you will end up with a PSU that can't really hit it's power rating anymore, so taking a PSU that's a 30-40% over your target isn't always a bad idea if you intend to keep it for extended periods of time plus I'm pretty sure that 60-70% of the rated power is about where you get the best efficiency numbers.

That's also why many high quality PSU can easily output way more than their rated power when they're brand new

true that, fuck
Just been looking on websites and virtually all of the 1060's and 1070's are sold out. The only ones I can find are second hand and I'm not sure if im gonna get ripped off or not.

Hope you like coil whine

I don't, i just don't have a gpu and don't want to wait for the NEVER EVER release of vega till i can use it

Yeah, that's rough. You can either pay for the overpriced Nvidia 1060, or hope that the prices for AMD goes back to normal soon which it probably won't I assume. So no idea fam. Could always keep checking for sales too. You might be able to find some decent deals on this subreddit, should be filtered to gpus. reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/search?q=GPU&sort=new&restrict_sr=on&feature=legacy_search

Gotta do what you gotta do.

Awhile back I asked for help on learning what I need and how to pick out a graphics card in one of these threads. A bunch of you gave me good advice and I just wanted to say; Thank you, I bought a new card and installed it today. Everything works perfectly.

Ive already tried the subreddits and the are fucking useless. I might just bite the bullet and get a 1070 which will do me for the foreseeable future of 1080p 60+ fps. Bit of a bummer though as I wanted to try the freesync meme

Nvidia has its own counterpart to freesync called g-sync, but you need a monitor that supports it if I remember right. I also think Nividia is planning to support freesync, but I'm not sure. Just remember reading that somewhere.

So for using a Ryzen 1600 CPU or similar, is the MSI A320M Bazooka a good motherboard?

Yeah and it's a 100-250 bucks markup compared to
similar freesync monitors.

Go with a B350 chipset at the very least, might not be as true as it was before but low end chipset are shit

you mean this? wccftech.com/nvidia-promises-support-freesync/

I got some junk parts from a laptop I ripped apart.
Any motherboards that can use laptop speakers and DDR3 ram?
Preferably AMD since thats some cheap CPUs brother

yeah, but that article has an update at the top saying it's not true so I was mistaken. it was 3 years ago too. i wonder how i kept that in my head for so long. time's weird.

Copying and pasting this from the Holla Forums consumer advice thread because that board is dead:

I was planing on making a replacement for my gaming laptop that I got as a present a few years ago. I've recently ran into problems with it and I feel as though I'm going to have to replace it soon. I'm either planing to make a pseudo portable desktop or get a new laptop. My goal is to play newer games (i.e. Tekken 7) at good settings. I have pc at my main place but since I go around a lot I use my laptop often. I usually bring my laptop in a backpack that I put other things for when I go to someones house. Here's the build I have so far, I think the case is small enough so I can put it in the bag I have.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Fjy77h

I have a ssd and a hard drive I can use from my laptop but I don't know if the laptop drive would still be good to use so I might replace it (I've probably had it for 3 and a half years). I don't know about bringing a monitor around with me. What do you guys think?

I'm currently using a GTX-660 ti, but it's starting to show its age. What would be the best cost-benefit upgrade in your opinion?

rx 470/570 if you can find one for under $200, there basically the same card but 570 has a higher clock speed. If you can't find one then get a 1050ti.

Thanks. Also, checked.

B350 tomohawk is good for a 1600 (its the one i got after all so i fucking hope it is)

Will there be a point where it will be a significant hassle to build a new pc without windows 10?

I was thinking about a 570, or even a 470/480 card already.

But what if vidya starts getting more perfomance in multiple cores?. And thats the think that baffles me about AMDs Ryzen…Why all the Ryzen 3 are quadcores, when with the previous line of AMD cpus, there where middle-and-low tier hexacore cpus? Why, AMD?
Besides, reading and researching, the 1600 is really good, and 230 euros isnt that expensive by itself, but the thing is thatin the whole, the PC gets somewhat expensive. I hope the price of the cpu lowers in the next month.

Do you mean the 570/470 cards? They arent low tier cards. They are high-medium cards, you know.

Depends on how popular open source drivers get. AMD's made some fairly major contributions, but until they publish their main code base under a good license it can be considered to be PR.

More cores doesn't mean more performance. As I said on this thread before, Bulldozer and all related AMD architectures had shit single core performance. An 8-core FX-8350 was almost as good as an Intel i5 2500k.

Ryzen has recieved a huge upgrade in single core performance, so much so that it vastly outperforms Bulldozer, a 52% increase in IPC, in fact.

Nier Automata.

He said "worth playing", user.

I got a B350M Gaming Pro / RX480 / Ryzen 5 1600 combo two months ago and this shit is great, it runs pretty much everything at high settings and 60 FPS. The only downside is I still can't hit 3200MHz with the RAMs, although it looks like the AGESA 1.0.0.6 BIOS update will be ready next month.

People have different tastes.
>inb4 "it's shit"

I tested that AGESA version in a beta firmware and my RAM could not hit 3200mhz. It would reach 2933, but no 3200 which it is marketed to hit.

I need good gayman mouse and keyboard suggestions for under 100$ combined from jewegg and Amazon

Which RAM?

Why are graphics cards being sold much higher than their MSRP? I swear that these weren't the prices when I checked the other day.

amazon.com/gp/product/B015MPQQ0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B0043T7FXE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Trackball mouse is the best mouse.

Excuse me if being annoying, but would my build in be good with a Ryzen 1400 too?

I know, in literally a day the prices have jumped up, maybe to try and stop coin mining?

Yes, except for the shit you just posted. Thumb trackballs are fucking horrid.

pcpartpicker.com/list/D0Fpyr7

Thoughts? How can I improve upon this?

How so? It's comfortable as hell for me.

Start off with improving this

pcpartpicker.com/list/DFpyr7

Okay fags, look at pic related and tell me why i am a punk ass bitch

win 7 won't support any kaby lake driver aside from most basic one + enterprise is for private companies and allows you to disable that telemetry shit from the very beginning as spying on private companies would be easiest way to get sued and microshit knows this

never had any, both cpu and gpu wont go higher than 60C degrees under load, i'll delid the bitch if something crappy happens

Oh and speccy is begin retarded with new hardware so
cum at me bros

Former miner here. It won't stop anything. I bought cards at vastly inflated prices because profits still outweighed it. The price is rising merely due to good old supply and demand. Low supply + high demand = high cost.

Honestly I'm surprised that AMD didn't start putting out cards dedicated specifically to mining the first time this happened, but it's hard to argue with just staying the course and selling every single card you make. Good for their wallet. Also they might have assumed - as did I - that the rise of ASICs for Litecoin-based crypto meant the end of using GPUs for mining, but of course something else would come along using a different codebase that can't use the ASICs but would greatly benefit from GPUs.

gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-16gvk
My kit is dated Feb 2017.

Ite well it was just a though.
Well i sorted my problem anyway, Pulled the trigger on a "used" 1070, by used they mean the packaging has minor damage so it was sent to a warehouse for storage, for £380

For starters, if you're going for 1440p 144hz, you can go with the regular 1080, the 1080ti is better if you want to go with 4k. Seagate is known to be a bit unreliable when it comes to hard drives but I think it's fine. The rest of the actual PC is fine as far as I know, I've only use mid tier PC's. As for accessories, it's better to get a good pair of headphones and a separate mic. A Blue Yeti mic is very popular. Also if you're using speakers you can use those instead of a headphones, but if you want headphones, I recommend the Sony MDR7506 or Sony MDRV6 (I have this).

I'm guessing you're playing the latest games with very high AA, otherwise it seems like a waste.

1440p 144hz is generally more demanding than 4K. I wouldn't recommend anything below a 1080 Ti for either.

I get why you need graphics or motherboard drivers, but why the bloody hell would you need one for a CPU?
Honest question.

there have been a lot of mining threads popping up on 4/biz/, there's definitely an uptick in new people getting into mining, plus all the people upgrading their mining rigs.

Bitcoin, monero or litecoin?

Whats a good setup for cost effective mining with gpus?

bitcoin and litecoin are not profitable to mine, monero is. zcash and ethereum are also profitable to mine.

yup, everything maxed out no shit left behind, also my comfy setup wouldn't allow for much bigger monitor so i wouldn't get much from going 4k

No idea, thought it's better to keep them updated than the opposite

Can you reccomend a good monitor to go with my build?

The one you have is fine. I'm guessing you play a lot of FPS games, if you play stuff where your not going to need the 144hz, then go with a 4k monitor with the 1080ti like what said. Here's a useful resource for monitors and other PC parts.
144hzmonitors.com/best-gaming-monitor/

Nice, this was my mindset when I bought my 980 Ti. I was planning on staying at 1080p, then I realized I mostly play older games so I ended up going 1440p. Even then, the games I play run maxed at 60+ fps.

You know you can get max settings at 1080p with something like the rx480/580, gtx970, or the gtx1060 6gb if you want new parts. The gtx 1080ti is way overkill for 1080p 60hz.

1060 wouldn't age as well
I would ask if you've thought about waiting on Vega, but the mainstream card will probably take a while to release after the enthusiast card hits

Well i had plenty of good boy points to spend on that pc

Use your good boy points and get a 4k monitor.

All in due time my friend

then just use gnu/linux faggot

It won't. And if you start asking "what if" instead of considering your normal daily usage, you'll end up spending quite a lot of money you don't need to.

All of the "middle and low tier" hexacores were several years old, the last hexacore FX was launched in 2013. They were priced below $150 because in practical use they were only about as good as a 2c4t Core i3, so that's what consumers were willing to pay. The performance gap has narrowed, and so has the price gap.

It's a scare tactic by MS to get people on Win10. All they do is disable Windows Update, and predictably there's a patch to disable the disabling.

No accuracy whatsoever.

What do you mean no accuracy?

NO

ACCURACY

I scroll the ball over to something and click it. I don't find myself clicking on the wrong shit. It's pretty accurate for me.

Play any game that requires pinpoint accuracy, and I guarantee you won't be saying the same thing.

Conventional mouse>Index and MF trackball>Thumb trackball.

trackball is fine unless you play certain kinds of games

use a drawing tablet for max accuracy

whats the best graphics card to smoke weed out of?

smh tbh

I don't play fps games that often. Just about the last FPS game I played was STALKER and the thumb trackball mouse I used was just fine.

GTX 560ti

Same thing in my country. No 580,570,1060 and 1070. Actually, the only 1060 and 1070 available are the really high priced that no one wants to buy

What is a good option for Hotswap frontmounted drivecage?
All I ever find look like a 14 years old designed them and what should I use to even get more SATA ports?

Anyone have a cracked windows 7?

As you can see, gmod plays at an astonishing 20fps! average is between 25-30 but there was a small dip when I took the screen! Texture Quality is set to Very High and model quality is also on High Still can't figure out how to open the spawn menu though…

NOT PICTURED is the touchscreen controller. I use a nifty little program called "VirtualGamepad" that puts a touchscreen overlay so you too can be a pro-gamer on a barely responsive super-accurate tablet screen!

Figured it out. I can bring up the touch keyboard and "F1" acts as a toggle for the spawn menu
This could be fun to play at an airport or something when you're bored. The back just gets really warm abut battery life actually holds fairly solid

hey, protip on that, gmod_mcore_test 1 might help with the framerate

UMPC master race reporting in.

Guys i want to buy a desktop and want it to be fully amd cause they are lesser jews the thibgs i wabt to do are
-playing new games on high
-emulation
-music programs like amplitube
So do ryzen cpus cut it for those? Or are they still doing LESS POWER MORE CORES?

Ryzen is no meme if you're willing to overclock it, but the problem is that you chose to build at the wrong time. Ethereum miners are buying up all the AMD cards which drives prices up, you should wait for the crash but DON'T buy used AMD cards when that happens because ex-miner cards die quickly. Ethereum will have an update soonish that makes mining less profitable so for most people it'll cost less than electricity and you'll be able to buy when retailers restock. Just give it a month or two.

Or you could be fucked like me and require a good computer ASAP meaning I'll be picking up a 1060 to swap out whenever this happens but ideally I would wait.

I think ill be able to wait do you lnow which version of tyzen is best price/performance ration ?

Goddamn phone keyboard

so these are my specs now, I've upgraded my RAM significantly. I dont know what i'd need to make my titanfall 2 look good graphics wise.

Nice! What device is that? Most UMPCs nowadays still use a 32-bit UEFI so you're usually locked into 32-bit OS' even though the CPU itself is 64-bit

graphics card. 750 ti is old as shit. if you're keen on nvidia you can get a 1050 for like $100 and a 1050 Ti for like $130

alright i'll look into, thanks for the advice my budget is pretty open right now

You won't be hitting ultra settings on a 1050ti but you'll be close enough for it to not matter, turning down a couple things like AA and shadow resolution a bit in most games gives a pretty notable performance increase.

yeah im not looking for ultra, just something that doesnt make the textures look like mud

lol didnt even notice that

r8 me. My computer feels pretty weak (can't get consistent 60 on warframe), what would be the best upgrade?

upgrade to windows 10

How are you supposed to prevent parts from shitting out and dying?
I built my PC a couple years ago and something retarded has gone wrong like every 6-10 months since then, and I can't afford to keep getting replacements
Sometimes I feel like I'd have been better off paying out my ass for a prebuilt or some shitty "gaming" laptop

Are you buying them used from bitcoin miners? Are you buying bronze rated PSUs? Are you overclocking to the extreme with no cooling?

A well built computer should have no issues for at least 5 years, 6-10 months is ridiculous.

A kind user on a Linux thread long ago gave me some hardware recommendations for a cheap as fuck PC, since I just want to play things like Torchlight II, Grim Dawn, and E.Y.E. on decent settings.

He recommended me the following parts

I'm saving money to get them, but I got news about the new GT730 GPU, and that shit is only 70USD. Is that more appropiate for my needs, or the GTX 750ti is better for futureproofing?

For around a hundred dollars, you're better off getting a 1050.

Is a 1050ti worth the price in comparisson?

Seeing as to how you get twice the performance for around the same price, I would say yes.

Yea, Etherium mining is wrecking the GPU market right now. It won't last, just like last time. Give it a few months and prices will crash and crash hard thanks to all the second hand hardware flooding the market. I'd wait for that and buy something new. Anything used has probably been worked pretty hard and isn't worth it.

If you are really desperate, you can get a GTX 1060 now, but know you are getting gouged hard. That GPU should not cost more then 200 bucks and while the RX 470 and RX 480 were offering similar performance for a lot less, manufacturers had it on discount constantly to compete.

But with the 470, 480, 570 and 580 out of the picture, all the sales disappeared because they know they are unopposed. Either way, unless you wait, you are overpaying for any graphics hardware you buy right now. Best decision is just to hold out and wait.

I admit, the first time was totally my fault for getting a shit psu, but nah everything was bought brand new
I just use it all day every day because I'm a neet

Bronze rating isn't terrible if you aren't pushing a hard overclock. But it should be the bare minimum you accept. The XFX Core 550w for instance is a fucking tank of a PSU, but it's rated Bronze.

When will the cryptocurrency meme die?

When it stops becoming profitable
tfw I had a pathetically weak PC and couldn't mine bitcoins when younger in my teens
tfw couldn't get a job, so couldn't trade in
Shame too, I made a wallet and EVERYTHING. I'm mad as hell, and still defeated.

Overall? No idea. Etherium mining with GPUs? Probably 3-6 months. That's just an educated guess, I'm not sure how the calculations work, but I can promise you, with the profits people are seeing, there are a lot of companies already hard at work designing a dedicated mining machine that will be cheaper, use less power and not rely on AMD GPUs. I expect we'll see ASICs for it soon.

I'm tired, talk shit about build. I forgot to add a 3TB HDD and swap out the 1TB for a 500GB for windows 7.

In my personal opinion for a low maintenance build you want
Doesn't need to be titanium rated or some nonsense just go Seasonic if you're not sure and go for 600w (more if you're actually going for an SLI build).
Not as true now that most of the voltage control is on the CPU for both manufacturer but I'll stand by it anyways since the build quality is generally better on higher end cards, hell now ASUS makes Sabertooth mk2 which are literally just a Sabertooth without the shitty heat shield and for quite a huge price cut and those things handle extreme conditions even better than the overpriced ROG shit
If you're afraid of noise just find a case that allows for 14/20/23cm fans, heat buildup is bad for your shit, if you have the money and space just go for a big tower like the HAF-932.
just grab any heatsink that allows you for a push/pull configuration and use that with two fans that have good static pressure (raw CFM like Scythe is useless for heatsink purposes), don't worry about the prices on those fans chances are you're keeping them for at-least a couple build or more.
Generally what you get from the electric outlet is shit, doubly so when you're still in a country that still has in 110v, the UPS will make that nice and clean instead of giving the job to your PSU this kills the PSU and as a bonus you avoid power outage killing things randomly.

I did that or most of it for my last 4 builds and haven't had much issues and all of my builds were OC'ed and saw loads of use 8hr a day bare minimum

Buy Ryzen. A Ryzen 5 1600 will be slightly cheaper, the Mobo will be slightly cheaper and over all performance will be way, way better. You'll trade made 5% single thread for 6 cores and 12 threads instead of 4c/4t. No one should be buying Intel chips right now, not until the next gen comes out or they seriously slash prices.

Get a boot SSD of somekind and a better PSU as well since it's obvious you intend to do a moderate overclock.

Why would he keep a k processor @ stock user?

Even if you flat out both of them, the Ryzen is still the far superior choice over all. i5s are starting to hit the ceiling, if you look at a lot of reviews, you'll see i5s constantly pinned at 90+% usage on all 4 threads, while Ryzen chips are spreading out the workload over it's 8 or 12 threads and have a great deal of breathing room. The i5 7th gens are only going to get worse and Ryzen is only going to get better. They have reviews up of the i5 at 5ghz and the Ryzen at 4ghz and it remains true. The single threaded isn't worth it.

Buying a current Gen i5 right now is very silly. Do not do it.

Hows this for a smoll build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/WTsrQV

Still not sure about 7700 vs 7600k, I want to emulate and I hear the 7700 is better for that but it wasn't a reliable source.

then I'd end up with a shit mITX board since support for Ryzen is almost nonexistent on there right now. I'd like to go AMD next build though.

image ver.

Fuck man, I shouldn't be drinking when I'm tired
I saw reviews on Ryzen 5 1600x and its great but something about it wasn't right when compared to other CPU's I can't remember too tired and it probably not important if I don't remember.
That SSD boot was something I was going to do. I;'ll do it tomorrow after work.
I wanted to go with AMD machine this time around since buying intel is diminishing returns. Fuck me if you could make A PC part picker list ill get around to ordering the part on fridAY, IM TOO TIRED TO KEEP GOING. I GOT TO GO BACK TO WORK IN LIKE 6 HOURS

Except that the most CPU intensive thing right now is emulation and it's pretty much the only place where you're gonna be consistently CPU limited, whereas regular games aren't gonna be limited by either outside of a handful of games on specific setups where the R5 1600 might will beat the 7600k even with good OC.

It would also require games to have proper MT support as a whole,which isn't the case.
Buying a Ryzen 1600X right now is either a budget choice or betting that Zen 2 will be much better.
Buying an i5 7600k right now gives you the best possible performance for 99% of current things but a more certain decline in the future.

Bro, can you name a single game that actually makes use of more than 4 cores at a time?

We still haven't hit the stage in software development where games are regularly and frequently getting better performance per core/hyperthread. Even now, a dual-core processor with hyperthreading is nearly as good as a quad-core processor without hyperthreading in terms of real-world performance, and that makes it a huge gain in price/performance because of it.

You might think that you're "future-proofing" by buying into the hexacore/octocore/twelvecore/whatever shit, but realistically by the time those cores _actually_ get used frequently, you're probably going to need to upgrade to a new system anyway.

If you're just buying a gaming machine, a core i5 is still a great purchase for the price-point, and if you're gaming on a budget then you'll do best with a core i3 with hyperthreading than you will with practically anything else.

Speaking of gaming on a budget, if any of you fags are looking to "upgrade" to the bare minimum for current-gen gaming, here's a parts list I threw together a few months ago that gets you somewhere just above "I have all my parts laying on cardboard in the open air and I salvaged the tower from a dumpster".

pcpartpicker.com/user/sweatyspacebear/saved/3BLXLk

You probably saw the rocky launch issues with ram, suspiciously low performance for no viable reason and other shit that came up because AMD didn't give their motherboard partners enough time to make a decent bios.

Most of those issues have been ironed out now thankfully and the Ryzen is an amazingly good performer.

Actually, for higher end GPU's, quite a few current graphically intensive games push the i5 extremely hard. A lot of people with GTX 1070s or better are complaining about extremely high CPU usage on the i5. It just doesn't have any more room to grow, it's a dead end chip.

Tom's Hardware argued the exact same thing you did in defense of it not recommending a single Ryzen chip in it's 'best CPU's for gaming' list a month or two back and every other review site laughed at them. PCPer, Anandtech, Hardware Canucks, everybody just laughed.

If you are really, really that hard up on single threaded performance, at least get an i7 7700k and push that son of a bitch to the breaking point. It has the threads it needs to breath a little with all the single threaded power you want from the i5. Otherwise, Ryzen is just the superior platform, every viable honest reviewer has said the same thing. Even overclocked, the 15-20% better single threaded (at best) isn't worth giving up the almost twice over multi-threaded performance of the Ryzen, especially when you consider Ryzen is cheaper and has a far superior upgrade path.

I stand by my statement. Buying an i5 7th gen right now is very, very silly.

Supcom/SC:FA
Crysis 3
Ashes of the Singularity
Probably more but those are the ones I know do.

Most site defnition of gaming is the latest batch of AAA bowel movements, the more you consider outside of that the more choosing a 7600k over Ryzen is a sensible choice.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k12sv1NXGGuSOY0NhsuONtRCte51GHKdgA7ciL76mBs/edit#gid=485052351
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Benchmark-designed-for-PCSX2-based-on-FFX-2

Yes but that doesn't stop the intel solution to be better for most of what's currently available and it's unlikely it's gonna become completely useless in the next 3 years hence why it's not a bad

Give me a single practical gaming related case case where this is true.
inb4 streamfaggotry

See
And if this was 2 or 3 years ago, I'd be agreeing with you, but times are changing quickly. Like I said, the i5 is constantly getting pinned with high end graphic cards, 4 cores isn't going to cut it for that much longer and we're not seeing any massive IPC boost in the upcoming future. The only place left to grow is out, not up and game developers have even commented on it.

And even then, flat out, it's a simple question.

i5 benefits

Ryzen 5 1600

If you take everything into account, there is zero reason for the i5 to cost more the Ryzen and while it does, it shouldn't even be considered. If the i5 was the one 30-40 dollars cheaper then a Ryzen 5 1600, it might have an argument, but as it is it's not worth consideration in this weight class.

Besides the comment about 4 core chips starting to get maxed out? Well, I can't speak for everyone, but generally I'm doing more then just playing a game on my computer. Browsing, chatting with friends (likely people I'm playing multiplayer with), maybe even watching videos or browsing Holla Forums. If my i5 is already getting pinned, that doesn't leave me much in the way of resources to do anything else.

As to Dolphin, I'll grant you that, but considering every single other viable single threaded test shows a much smaller gap then that we know it's an issue of software optimization, not hardware performance. Dolphin will hopefully get updated to work better with Ryzen and it won't be a problem.

The way I understand Ethereum is that it is ASIC resistant because mining is not just "crank out as many hashes as possible with this very specific algorithm," but rather it solves general purpose problems. It validates transactions, but transactions also include smart contracts, so you could be processing some arbitrary code a guy wrote instead of just "X sends Y ETH to Z." That's impossible to optimize for. Other than reducing electricity costs by stripping out features, you can't really make killer hardware for Ethereum mining.

Most other test consists of synthetic benches which have some basis in the real world but oftentimes don't hold fully true especially with the fact that Ryzen is way better at crypto and churning hashes than it is at everything else.
The PCSX2 bench is interesting for that very reason since it has little to no manufacturer specific optimization (part of the reason being it uses a build from before 2010 so it really can't have manufacturer specific optimization) and only really uses SSE2, it also doesn't do just one very specific thing like most synthetic benchmark.

I do too and still if my 4770k @ 4.4/1.37v w/ HT off because I lost the silicon lottery isn't limiting me I doubt someone with a Kaby Lake CPU which is better overall is really that limited although I don't really play recent stuff all that much and the most intensive things I do is emulation for the most part.

Part of your argument also relies on Intel not reacting to Ryzen and Ryzen + not fucking up, the latter probably won't happen considering ThreadRipper and it's specs although I could see an AM4+ situation happening but the former is highly unlikely and I could seriously see Coffee Lake sticking to the current socket and intel making mainstream 6C according to some ES benches I've seen that's already pretty much confirmed or even 8C on that platform giving your LGA1151 platform some upgradeability.

Imo it really depends what your focus is and if it's older games or emulation I'd go with the 7600k knowing I won't get any major limitations with most other gaming related things anyway but the opposite is also true since a Ryzen CPU won't give you any major problem for most of emulation and older games but newer games do get a comfortable boost in newer properly multithreaded stuff
Both are choices that aren't bad but depending on what you do with your computer one might be better than the other.

I really hope Ryzen+ holds up well against Kaby / Coffee Lake because that's likely what I'm upgrading to if it does.

As far as I know, there aren't much more beyond those three, but I suppose if those games are going to be played 24/7 it'd be worth considering a hexacore or above.

That said…

Bro, you've gone so far to anti-Intel that you've become an AMD shill. Look.

More cores only equals better performance if those cores are *actually being used*, not to mention that if you're basing that performance off synthetic benchmarks, you are buying into the biggest jew there is in the hardware space.
=synthetic benchmarks are completely and utterly worthless and should never be taken seriously by anyone ever=

This is good, can't argue with you there.

Again, this is true on average, but we're talking differences of ~$15-20 for the most part.

True enough!

I guess? People that buy more than one processor per socket are not planning ahead very well imo, and you never really know when the company is gonna abandon a socket for the new hot shit anyway.

A savings of over $20!

Now, look at the first chart for this post. This is real-world performance for these chips using the same testbed on a game that *should* give HUGE gains for more threads/cores (and I believe the game itself is also geared in AMD's favor already, but don't quote me on that).

You see that? It's a whole 1 fps difference versus the i5 7600K. Surprise: the extra cores aren't really making much of a difference, because they're not actually being used effectively. This is going to be a continuing trend when it comes to gaming for a good long while, because we still haven't escaped consoles as a concept, and games are going to be developed in parity and no company is going to invest the time in building proper hyperthreading support when only a small percentage of their userbase are even using more than 4 cores in the first place.

All that said, you are still *technically* correct in saying that the Ryzen 5 1600 lets you save roughly $60-80 across the board on other hardware (not an insignificant amount). Here's my counter-argument though: if you want true price/performance, why not save *hundreds* of dollars by simply picking up the G4560? You lose, on average, 10-20 fps versus either the i5-7600k or the Ryzen 5 1600, but you save a shitload of money in the process, not to mention the i5-7600k uses the same socket, so if you want to talk about upgrade paths…

The Ryzen 5 1600 isn't a bad purchase, and the i5-7600k isn't a bad purchase, either. You should probably take your crusade elsewhere, my dude.

That's mostly because we got used to the post Core iX era.
LGA775 mobo and AM2+/AM3 mobo had some real upgrade opportunity that didn't come until latter on. (Pentium 4 into Core2 or AthlonX2 into Phenom 2)

Which is exactly my point. We're not talking about a paying MORE for a Ryzen, you're paying less for a chip thats slightly worse in single threaded and better in literally every other way. That's why I don't think it's worth consideration.

If you are buying a budget GPU as well, then that's completely viable, and not a terrible choice for an all around budget build, but you aren't going to get as much over all if you spent more. There is a reason the 'sweet spot' is the mid-tier or 'mainstream' tier, which collectively means a PC around 700-800 dollars. It's where you've gotten the most for you money without any dire compromise.

I'm not crusading, I'm educating. The only viable argument I've heard against me is either 'The extra cores won't matter', which is irrelevent because the CPU is cheaper then what it competes with anyway and about oddly skewed results in Dolphin which are very likely software optimization based.

Let me put it another way. If you are right, then buying Ryzen over Intel means you've lost 1 frame and saved a bunch of money. If I'm right, then you've bought a far, far superior processor and saved a bunch of money. That's why the i5 isn't worth considering right now.

just want to point out that "it's way more powerful" and "it's cheaper for nearly the same performance" are two very different arguments, and aren't really congruent at all. that was my problem with your initial posts. if you want to change your position to just the latter part, then I fully agree, it's technically a cheaper chip for relatively the same performance. however, you being "right" about the former is hinged entirely on the idea that games and programs are going to take better advantage of 4+ cores in the future, which likely isn't going to happen for another 5+ years, given the way things have gone in the past.

Im the user whi asked about either getting a Ryzen 1600 or a fx 6300. Ichanged my mind and I think the Ryzen 1400 is good.
Is the Eyzen 1400 cpu, with a 570 or similar GPU, a good setup for stuff and 1080 gaming? And what about emulation?

Sorry for the grammar mistakes. Im on phone.

In either case the FX6300 was way worse.

Yeah

Having an AMD card inherently makes emulation shittier on you, it's not terrible if you don't care too much about PS2 emulation though, if you do a 1050ti or 1060 is what you should be looking at.

I've given up on AMD ever having GPUs in the market. AMD cards do not exist anymore. I really wanted a freesync monitor too. I got a 1050 Ti for $160. I don't even care anymore. I need a GPU because Ryzen doesn't have iGPU. If I waited any longer these memcoin faggots would have gotten to the 1050's too, they're already fucking god damn spiking the price of 1060's despite Nvidia cards being bad at memcoins.

WWhilst it is annoying there are no AMD gpus available anywhere its not really their fault that they didn't see this memecoin mining thing come out of nowhere. Also like said, VEGA should be good if it doesn't keep getting delayed and the memecoin craze is over by then, because if not good luck ever getting your hands on one.

whats the minimum amount of gpus you need to make something decent?

One 480 is returning about 5 USD a day atm.

but thats 24/7 100% right?

nicehash.com/?p=calc

With AMD unable to compete nvidia is pumping the kikery to levels never seen before so in terms of cost we're in a pretty bad spot right now with nvidia being overpriced, and AMD underperforming even for the money.
If I could see the future I wouldn't be doing something as worthless as posting on an imageboard.

the 470 can be had for that price and is much better than the 1050ti unless you are being cucked by your psu

going by the most recent offerings. I think most of amd's cpus pre ryzen didn't use it, mostly some specific models, you'll have to check for that

last i checked if you want to claim your freetm games that come with your card you need GFE, nas I think you have to then update drivers manually as far as i know, which as minor as it might be, is still an annoyance

so should you crank the power limit in Wattman to +50%?

no, i mean if your psu can't handle the wattage

If you stopped using your thumb for masturbating your own ass and used it more to flick clits maybe you wouldn't have that issue.

Lads what are some CPU intensive games? Like ones where I would benefit from OC'ing my CPU

I doubt OC'ing would be that noticeable but modded Sins of a Solar Empire and X3 can swallow some hefty CPU

How far can a GTX 950 take you nowadays?

Basically most games, people who spread the "go cheap on cpu and buy a good gpu" were wrong in what they were saying and probably only play cinematic experiences.

What games though, and how would it improve performance?

can confirm, I was trying to sell a laptop in facebook and half the messages were about my cards

I can't wait until Q4 2018 for a Vega card that doesn't cost $1200+.

DO NOT EVER get a FX-series CPU.
It's one of the worst line of cpus that ever existed and both intel and AMD have cpus that will perform better for less.

fx-6300 and up were better than the 2500k, although if you buy a fx-6300 or up or a 2500k in the current year just die because you're fucking dumb

Can anyone give me an estimate or guesstimate on when this mining fad will fuck off? Just built a gaming PC with a Ryzen 1600, and the only part I'm missing is the GPU because of those mining kikes. Been trying to pick up an RX580/480.

Thinking about getting a GTX 1080ti. Currently have a 980. I have a 4k TV I sometimes game on. I'd like to play 4k at 60fps, but my current card just can do it for a lot of games. Only thing stopping me from getting it is Volta GPUs with GDDR6 and HBM2 (apparently there is still some manufacturing issues for HBM2 causing low yields so we may see more GDDR6) memory are supposed to come out next year. Just how much of an improvement is this new memory going to make in the real world.

Who knows. AMD's stock prices are tanking because the market doesn't think it will last much longer, but you can never tell.

Tell Holla Forums that, fucking freecucks think they're safe with a FX CPU.

But they are the best performing CPUs that don't have PSP, botnet built right into the die.

How do I get started into bitcoin mining and how can I tell if it can be profitable so I don't futilely rape myself with the electricity bills?

You need to build a machine (normally with an FPGA or something, learn Verilog or VHDL) thats designed solely for the purpose of mining, or buy one.

Should I get an RX 580 and then send it back in when RX Vega launches or should I support israel and buy a GTX 1080 and stick with it?

Not if you don't like to fuck with privative drivers on Linux that break whenever you update your kernel.

They are, FX chips don't have an AMD equivalent of Intel AMT. Why are you mad at people who like freedom.

Emulators.
Get Intel if you want to use PCSX2.

You're fucking naive. It does not matter wether you have AMT/PSP or not, don't listen to those mouthbreathing autists from Holla Forums

Besides, if you're THAT paranoid the NSA or something might watch you Turbo Boost onto the Sandy Shores Sheriff's Department roof fap to CP or any other illegal shit, stop using a computer.

t. intel rep

Rate me nerdos

My friend bought an rx470. How do I explain to him that this makes him a casual monkeynigger?

Tell him to sell it since he can currently sell it for 2-3 times its worth. With that money he should be able to buy a GTX 1080.

What did he mean by this?

Should I get a 1050ti to replace my 750ti?

It's a bad deal compared to the 480. It's a vast firepower increase for a few extra bucks

Any AM3 platform made before 2011 should serve you well, but Linux libreware compatibility will likely be shit. The cutoff point for avoiding Intel ME without Libreboot is 2007, but if need be, you can turn off Wake On LAN in BIOS for later models (referring to AMT) if it's a NSA issue.

Yeah, whatever.

Pretty much in this boat, too. No point building a Ryzen PC when I wouldn't be able to pair it with an appropriate GPU, and every few months that we wait, the performance we get per dollar increases.

Just a fucked situation. AMD needs to ramp their fucking production up, because although they're selling out all over the place this shit is costing them their image in the consumer space which is going to lose them shit like laptop and tablet hardware deals in the future.

They aren't going to because last time AMD cards spiked because of memecoins they did and then they got absolutely fucked by the huge glut of used cards once the coins crashed and they spent three years competing against themselves.

It's not going to cost them any hardware deals. OEM business come before consumer sales and hardware manufacturers only care about cost and performance.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Good point about the OEM sales too, I don't know why I'm so retarded

total fagoli

That's because we're in the middle of a gold rush. Almost any GPU you can buy right now pays for itself by mining ETH or Equihash coins within about 60 to 120 days. The AMD Polaris series (RX 470/80 and 570/80) is literally sold out almost everywhere, and it's starting to take on the Nvidia Pascal series (GTX 1070 mostly) as well.

It's a very bad time to buy GPUs, at least for vidya. If anything, look at what your current GPU fetches on Ebay right now, and buy a much better one once the bubble is over and Ethereum goes Proof of Stake.

No, AMD cards tend to improve performance as time goes by while nvidias stay the same or improve less. That is because AMD is a dying company since a few years and constantly spends less money on R&D each year. They stick to old architectures for a longer amount of time, that's why the 290 profited from updates even in 2016. Nvidia teared through like 5 architectures in that timespan.

Instead of ramping production, they are instead going to release cards specifically built for mining. They won't even be capable of video output, because it's not needed for the task.

Also, they couldn't ramp production without also ramping cost, because RAM is in short supply right now due to the companies that manufacture it switching to a new process.

budget / 10

hello

Which emulators would be the best for my laptop?

The specifications of my laptop Are

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Processor: AMD E1-2100 APU with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics 1.00 GHz

Memory: 2.00 GB (1.47 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

I have in Windows (C:) 392 GB available From 440

And in RECOVERY (D:) I have 2.69 GB available 24.0 GB

About 7 lines of that 9 line post were completely irrelevant, and the spacing pains my eyes. How about you fucking download the emulators and see how they run, summerfag.

I'm so sorry user

What the fuck is going on with that guy's hair?

I would advise you put your laptop in a microwave oven, on high, for 20 minutes. You can increase it's processing power that way and then might be able to emulate up to the 6th Gen.

Shit dude, even phones have more power than that nowadays.

4th gen emulators at best, jeez.

when you mine a lot of bitcoins you start gelling, its a thing

Is this memecoin thing real? I tried dogecoin once. It never went anywhere. Then Satoshi closed down. What kind of rubes buy into the cryptocurrency scam?

Looks like its happening to the 1060s now too, was gonna buy a 6gb one when I woke up today but most are sold out and the ones that aren't are $50-60 higher than they were before. I think I'll just keep my current card in my new rig until this shit dies down.

It isn't real but it is a meme, it has value because people give it value and if they suddenly stop then it will cease to have value, its a meme. Dogecoin was never intended to have much value but Bitcoin and Ethereum are pretty successful.

It was at some point. At this point chinks have created hardware for specifically mining *coins, and they have buildings full of that stuff.
So, if you are just running a GPU miner at home, all you end up achieving is wasting electricity.

Not to mention that it has mostly become a pump and dump scheme at this point.

Chinese millionaires desperately trying to get their money into western banks before their Ponzi scheme of a country collapses around them and people running pump-and-dump scams. Rubes cheating rubes.

New memecoins are usually designed to be resistant to mining-specific hardware. Ethereum has a dozen different workloads it provides for miners and an ASIC that can do all of them might as well be a GPU anyway.

The first part is true but the second part isn't. Mining is fairly profitable for random consumers running it at home as long as they get into it well before it ceases to be profitable. Dedicated farms are going to be more profitable per watt because of economy of scale but that doesn't mean regular mining rigs are a bad investment. If that weren't true then people wouldn't have been doing it for the last couple months and profiting off of it.

I'm not saying this is a good thing though, I'm trying to buy a video card right now which fucking sucks.

why would it collapse?
the US and the fed are still here and nobody gives a fuck

Because China isn't doing a good job of making the transition from low-tech manufacturing to high-tech manufacturing like Japan and Korea did before them and Bangladesh, Botswana, and Uganda are starting to eat the low end, and because the country is some kind of unholy cargo cult state capitalism that's built on appearances more than reality. They order companies to make steel, so they make so much steel that it isn't even selling, it's just piling up. They try to turn the steel into cargo ships, they aren't selling either. Concrete, real estate, tech, the country is composed out of bubbles and a bald-face denial of bubbles.

Remember their stock market collapse back in August of 2015? That was a stock market composed of hand-picked companies, top performers, and the investors were hand-picked party loyalists. And as soon as they opened it started to collapse because the companies were overhyped bullshit and they had to freeze the entire stock exchange for weeks and half of it is still frozen. Half of their hand-picked top-performing companies have had their stock prices frozen for almost two years because they couldn't survive mild exposure to a market composed of hand-picked diehard CCP insiders.

If you think the US is fraudulent then the Chinese economy is a collective hallucination.

Getting back on topic, if 1060, 580, 570 cards are fucked, and if I want similar performance, is it a viable choice to just go for the GTX 970? It draws more power, but I can find it in stock and for around the MSRP of a 580, 200 bucks.

GPD Win?

Might aswell get a 1050Ti for now.

What about the 780 and 770?

lol, no.

Buy a used 980 instead if you have to.

Not unless you plan on using old drivers and never updating.

Don't bother with the AMD cards. My old box had an AMD and the thing had 0 overclocking potential. Running cool with a 1060 now, I recommend you buy one. It gets me all the pretti gaymes I want at the graphics I want, and if it isn't satisfactory you can just overclock it a little. This user is probably right about the 1050, so get that if you're strapped for cash, but I can solidly recommend the 1060.

Bitcoins will go to shit when some government decides to go on a crusade to own it, and you better believe one of them can do it if they (((tried hard enough))).
At any rate, gold is your best bet, unless you expect another huge spike in bitcoin, in which case buy in before and sell after.

At least you could play minecraft.