Boss themes (commercial)

I wanted to create a playlist of songs/tunes that would be perfect for a boss fight theme. I'd rather have songs that haven't already been used in games like Deadly Sinners in Brutal Legend and apparently THUG2. Feel free to add what you feel would be a good fit for a boss. If you want, you can add a description of what kind of a boss it would fit.
For example, Black Box Messiah would perfectly fit a "tiny horde" boss, being rushed by a massive amount of identical enemies with miniscule health pools which may or may not later form a big bad.

Remember to have fun it's all we have left nowdays…

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLekLNd-Buy4Bnmhhhzu6uZfW6yWAhE7jt&jct=vFDg25cve3ZnBe8vTuYOgyPXNwWMSg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E&start1=0&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnjjGNb2laA&start2=3356&authorName=aphrocarlin
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mokXWBN89oo&start1=&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y77NSvrUC5E&start2=90&authorName=fartknocker
youtube.com/watch?v=YD0evP6dCJg
youtube.com/watch?v=ksXKsbmthQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=OCkeFVhVbqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

boomp

RPG final boss

Nice

This would fit a kinda goofy music based boss (actually I watched the final Splatoon boss with this playing and fit way better then it should have apart from being too short).

I was playing through Dark Souls 3 and was listening to music. I shut the in-game music off. When I got to Gael, this started playing. It was an incredible fight. Two undead fighting over scraps of a lord soul at the end of the world.

What do I win?

What you won? Jack shit.

Very slow, emotional boss

A black/red katana with razors glued to the edge for maximum edginess like the rest of the posts here. Most of it is late 2000s thrash metal noise that even japs wouldn't put in a DMC game.

Sounds like it would fit beautifully in Red Dead Redemption.

that's pretty meta. I like it. Sounds like he's missing a couple of instruments, but I guess that's intentional.

Embed related would fit for a tutorial boss, I think.

You're gonna win less than that.

Most japs have abysmal taste, I'm not surprised.

Awwww yiss

I always felt that Death Grips music would fit well in Paper Mario.

Come at me you evanescencefag weight class motherfucker.

So fucking close.

I'm not seeing it
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E&start1=0&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnjjGNb2laA&start2=3356&authorName=aphrocarlin

And still so far.

But honestly metal is EZ mode.

Bebop is too, but would be way more fun to hear in a game

Try playing it over the Macho Grubba fight.

step aside plebs

This should work better.
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mokXWBN89oo&start1=&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y77NSvrUC5E&start2=90&authorName=fartknocker

I fucking love light-hearted, fun boss themes

Less of a boss theme and more a final battle theme. Either you're storming a great castle to reacquire the holy grail, or you're defending it against crusaders who outnumber you seven times seven.

How about Slav Ska Rap?

Bonus: youtube.com/watch?v=YD0evP6dCJg

The nigga sacrificed the lives of wrestlers for immortality. TTYD was light-hearted.

Jesus Christ, I forgot how wacky this game's use of time signatures was.

I guess I haven't patrician enough taste to appreciate it.

You should've went with HMK, Grimwind or GhostBuddy. Hell, even a spin on classic balalajka can work

A Super Meat Boy sequel that adopted more pixelized aesthetics.

A Platinum game with a VIVA LA REVOLUCION theme.

DOCTOR EGGMAN!?

GET A LOAD OF THIS

Your classmate's final college project.

Read the OP, nignongs.

Prepubescent animu boys shooting themselves in the head to deploy stands. :^)

That fucker in every RPG whose gimmick is to be literally invincible unless you use some whacky single-use quest item that you can't acquire before your first encounter with said fucker.

What that other user said.

Brutal Legend 2: Electric Boogaloo.

The Leisure Suit Larry/Saints Row crossover nobody asked for, nor remotely thought about.

Something something Blade Runner.

The pro wrestling chapter of Paper Mario TTYD, but as its own game.

Rated E10+

Just slap it on a doom .wad man.

Well they sure lowered the bar while producing Postal 4.

Cuphead shills gtfo.

The Sims 4: sheep plougher DLC.

This song plays while fighting against the strongest pre-boss enemy of a beach level.

Chivalry: Medial Warfare's upcoming solo campaign mode.

GTA in Saint Petersburg.

What language is that? Some ancient form of Nord?
Speaking of theme, I can't stop listening to the Brat movie theme these past couple of weeks. Reminds me a lot of original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. menu theme in the way that they're both gloomy and somber.
I'm not a good listener, but if I interpret the song correctly, it's about a man or an old hunter who chases a ferocious and terrifying beast for countless years. He finally finds the beast injured and in pain, a pain all too familiar to the man. The kind that changes you.
The second half implies that it's probably Death observing an injured man and waiting for him to die in the morning.

Project Diva.

That's plain unfair. I mean, there's not a single wub or lounge note in there.

Catalan apparently.

I like to imagine this would be what plays in a WWII-based game where you're playing as a lone japanese infantry officer with saber in hand clearing your own overrun trenches, ending with a lone banzai charge into machinegun fire. Could also work in a Russo-Japanese war setting I guess.

I was thinking Mount and Blade.

More

This isn't a catfight you can win.

:^)

If you're gonna post cheesy power metal, at least go balls deep.

ditto

yes its a 15 minute long song but bear with me, you could mix it to match up parts of the boss fight

then again i just like this song a lot

I feel as though just about any Buckethead song would make for a nice theme. Not sure what this one would be for, but maybe a rival boss theme? That intro literally screams for your attention.
Not outrageous enough to be a final boss That's what Soothsayer is for, but not plain enough for a normal battle theme.

How's this for E10+?

a lot of jap metal would fight right into a game, this one always makes me think of demons souls and charging through as a knight because i was listening to this album a lot during one of my replays of it

Shifty boss that uses ranged magic.

Perfect for any knightly foe but in my head this will always be the theme of Black Iron Tarkus.

shibayan has lots of bossable themes

Perfect for a typical JRPG god type end boss. Heck! I'd love for a game to have a full Moog OST.

I've already ascended. You're only fighting the puppet of your own demise. Nothin' personnel kid
But seriously, more music, I love you dude

Disgusting. What ever happened to good old family values? and weren't we doing this female vocal thing?

Oh, I don't really care mate, good music is good music.

Could see it working for a boss fight.

This.

That is a boss theme.

Imagine a 40K game where you fight Chaos Marines with this playing.

Not so much a "Boss Fight" theme but a "final mission" theme for something like a MechWarrior game

If movie soundtracks are allowed

Actually this one is even better for a boss

Easily this, at least the first thirty seconds. Sounds like something out of Final Fantasy.

Grrr!!!

This sounds like it was ripped straight out of a 90's PC game at times.

Finally, something that actually sounds like a boss fight (or at least a Payday 2 police raid).

For the right kind of boss.

Pretty good. I'm hearing a mix of and Dizkodeath's "Ochrid" in embed related what a shame.
I can't stop thinking about some sort of Bladerunner and Clockwork Orange crossover.

I imagine some kinda fight with a sly, acrobatic criminal. Maybe in between each stage of the fight he tries to run away and there's a chase scene through different parts of the city.

Funny thing about that I actually found them while going through music mods for Payday2

Would need a lot of scripting. New album soon.

Cuddle with me

My nigger.

This would make a pretty good final boss or secret boss theme for an RPG.

>mid boss appears

WHERES THE NEW FUCKING ALBUM

I thought Holla Forums had a good taste of music but you proved me wrong.
Listen to some E Nomine songs you faggots. German language at it's best.

I remember this guy's /mu/ AMA.
Man, what a disaster that was.

It was reddit incarnate, I was getting douche chills all over.
But I do like the guy's work and kinda impressed he managed to achieve this so early.

It's summer. I'll make the same thread during winter/late autumn again to see if we get less symphonic metal.

You better do it because I'm screencaping this. Will post more god-tier music then.

YEEART!

Everytime I play as Poland on CivVI play this whenever I go into battle. It's good shit.

I have a few songs I use for bosses in D&D games I run.

I want an old west boss fight where you lynch the bastard at the end of it.

We need more 90's electronic

can't fucking wait

More

Probably not a final boss theme, but would be pretty cool fighting your rival, like Sam in Revengeance.

YOU CANNOT HOPE TO DEFEAT ME, HUMAN

This song always makes me think of an RPG boss battle, don't know why

You could use the Transformers movie soundtrack for any video game.

I always liked using this Slayer song for FPS bosses.

This is another one I liked using.

I was going to post something that was metal but here's something that's strictly commercial.

While it wasn't "Anti You" Dead Rising has a couple Blue Stahli songs.

I don't know what type of boss would use this, but I'd love to fucking see it.

I think it would make for a great midboss of lower callibre with some drama.

Grrrr

No more boss fight songs?

This might something like a Voodoo Vince Sequel for some little girl who just wants to play with a "Dollie"

Nice

That said, this E Nomine shit is pretty alright.

Come on now.

youtube.com/watch?v=ksXKsbmthQ4

There's also SMW

youtube.com/watch?v=OCkeFVhVbqY

Nicr

I think you missed the point of this thread friend.

Though honestly it's just music thread as most people don't bother trying to tie a boss to the music

This might do well with some kind of third person action fight against a succubus or similar sexy spook.

Argh

It's me tbh

bonk

Final Bump. Rock on Brothers.