Space Engineers

You are lame if you are missing out on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/TRSES
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944915802
media.8ch.net/file_store/cf43b6bafe47a8c7fe4b4f3bad6d23102d7df080815b4e777e818914ce213103.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I read this as Spergess

What is there to do besides build the ultimate space coffin?

Do we have a server?

I used to play this game online a shitton, but eventually i realized something; every time Id restart on a new server i was always ending up doing the same thing. I build my own base thats extremely well hidden, build a kickass Slave 1/Samus Gunship/etc that has planetary and space capability, then Id join a faction to try and get some pvp action. We would always be prepping with these impressive ships, but NOT ONCE in over 300 hours did I ever encounter a hostile player. It was always some poor saps base and they were offline.

This got old very fast and I havent gone back in forever. The game has sweet potential but the time investment required to build cool ships means that almost no one is willing to risk losing their work and so they stay hidden so well that theyre nearly impossible to find. Its too bad, the idea of disabling and capturing other player's vessels is neat, and it gives them a chance to take it back. Oh well

Every multiplayer spengies game ever

which is why I was asking if there was anything else to do

net code is better now tho, if only just

According to updates they COMPLETELY rewrite netcode twice a year.

Building and planing ships.

gay as fuck
we need objectives of some sort, like reach the edge of the solar system or something

Shit game, tbh.

Look at the changelogs, apparently they are fixing "gamecrashing bugs" every fucking week.

Is it still running at 5 fps average?

I just want another server like this one
steamcommunity.com/groups/TRSES
dunno if any of you got to play on it while it was a thing. it was a custom 4X mode with territory, resource ticks, and a giant asteroid field map with exploring and empty space.

This also has been my experience with Space Engineers.

Wasted potential.

Played it a lot with some friends of mine, we built our base, made our factories, designed some ships… and that's that. We didn't go on a massive multiplayer because we knew we'd just be pummeled back to dust the moment we were noticed, and we'd much rather deal with the occasional pirate attack or meteor storm than that.
I also never really could build big ships, they'd always look like shit. I tried going on a creative mode solo, but I never could do anything good looking at all, my big ships always ended up looking like big rectangular boxes with edges that were attempted to be smoothed out rather than a real design. I also was always terrible with the calculation behind an actually good design, either my ships were too massive and had low acceleration and nowhere left to place a thruster without compromising the whole shape, or they were too light and hadn't got enough protection.

Gee, I wonder if there is a way to find someone to fight.

Pretty sure you can do that.

Also this

t. Over 500 hours in space engineers, and I really want it to be good but there is not much of anything to keep me playing.

BTW OP what mods are you using for the missile launch?

I wanna reinstall this game but I have nothing left to play for. I did manage to make sensor based homing missles from scratch without scripts with a mod that had a sensor with about 10km range on it.
Other than more of the same MINAN and WELDAN, what is there to do? I end up playing creative for this. I do remember going full ORK on a planet and make a successful landing with nothing but a small ball of heavy armor. I named it DA ROK.

Currently I'm into Medieval Engineers which actually has structural integrity. Give me a reason to reinstall this because I legitimately like it. Does Holla Forums have a server? I've always played alone in singleplayer. Would anyone be interested in hosting a dedicated server?

Some embed marketers here and there along with constant """updates""" which are actually bug fixes for shit they haven't managed to solve in like 5 years of early access.

Multiple turret groups, automatic turret target lockon, detection and tracking, all that stuff can be done in a very ghetto way which is just janky and annoying (and prone to bugging out). They aren't actually supported by the game, it's just people trying their best with rotors.

Missiles are doable but only as separate ships. That can be cool and all, but blocks are simply way too large for it to be effective. If they offered a micro block size to make your own, then that'd be great. However non missile/rocket weaponry is relegated to the standard vulcan turret (you can try gravity accelerators, but again you're fighting the buggy as fuck physics engine then).

AI can be done with the programmable blocks but even if you want to write extensive code for the most basic shit, you still don't really have all the stuff around it (detection mechanics, stealth, IR tracking, whatever the fuck).

Honestly I'd much rather just play From The Depths, it's also buggy and janky as fuck but at least it has full fledged weaponry, armour mechanics, engine design, detection and tracking (normal, IR, sonars, radars, all that), and more. Of course mods help a bit for SE, but they can't save it.

I know….

On the plus side, Medieval engineers is actually nice, the netcode is bad but doesn't suck balls, but the building is detailed and there's actually a reason to build it a certain way. Keen is probably strapped for cash but they've already milked years of early access out of their customers so they deserve it so I recommend getting it on a sale.

Is that all?

Build epic space dong
Colony drop it head first
Throw asteroid at planet
Create floating assault carrier with tons of suicide drones and organize multi-man assaults on epic dong statue that reaches the stratosphere
????
Dicks

Haven't played it since you just had a big rock to start on and infinite supplies, how has the game changed in 4 years? I see a planet. Can you go underwater? Are guns a thing now?

Aside from huge asteroids called planets which have gravity as well as a tonne of lag and bugs, not much.

No water in the game.

Only the usual assault rifle, now with 4 different skins which make it a little more accurate or/and give it a higher rate of fire. If you mean ship weaponry, no, nothing has been added aside from small internal machinegun turrets.

Asteroids (and planets) can't move.

The goal should be to reach the center of the universe
Once you're there the game could reset and enter NG+ or something

you evil cunt

I didn't say we did not fight either, but it just got boring very fast. We'd design a fighter, 1v1, and then we had to build it all again. Yes, we did use projectors, but I'm talking about creating new designs. At some point, someone imported some fighter from the workshop into the projector and built it, and that's just about where the fun ended for me. Not that his fighter was too good, it was actually terrible, but when you've fought each other with a few different designs, and then you finally cave and bring in a creation someone else has done because you're too lazy to create your own, the game stopped being about engineering and just got too boring.

But this conversation made me realize something, we never created a drone array. I'm thinking we could spread some large antennas around, arm them up with solar panels so they won't run out of energy, and create a big antenna network and program some automated drones. Might be fun, but I have no idea where to start with the game's commands. I know C#.

Something I want but have never had the audacity to attempt was automatic mining. You have drones that find ore and mine it, then deposit it in a nearby GUN, which targets and shoots a circular gravity field at your base. Then something collects the suspended ore and puts it in your base. (Two spherical fields, one pushing out that is small, and one pulling in that is big) of whatever is strong enough to top big fast moving rocks, it suspends to ore in place.)
Go for it.

This game is too easy to "win", and there's no incentives to continue once you have an effectively infinite economy.
Building with blocks for the sake of building with blocks is fun only to the clinically autistic.

Are you telling me you never played with legos as a kid user?

I really like building shit, but only if there's a point other than building for the sake of it.
Is there an autism sim where there's actually any point to what you do?

Yes it does, check out Whips MART script that lets you assign turret groups

The guy is quite active and i play with him on a server in his faction

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944915802

Check out all of his scripts

Play Rouge System then

You can try the Escape from Mars campaign

This sound interesting. Can I design my own ships? Can I walk around stations, or even visit the bar a la freelancer?

No it's the DCS of space & it's stuck in dev hell, You don't do anything fun other than readjust decaying orbits of space stations or deliver supplies to space stations. There is no space legs as it were.

legos are more fun

No thanks. This is one of my most hated developers of all time.

pls explain

Space Engineers is just wasted potential: the game. There are plenty of autism games that are actual games, don't waste your time.

It's always the cucks playing early access.

I always wanted to put together a big ass carrier that could ferry like 20 fighters but I always got started then got hit with the "Why fucking bother" bug.

explain why they are kikes retard

make pixel art
that's an objective

Because they release unfinished games into early access, get the money, then start a new one and repeat the process. Medieval Engineers was released when SE was still barely functional, for example. Quite sure Medieval Engineers is now basically dead, too.

What do you actually do in this game? What's the objective?

I figured it's about building vehicles with some autistic KSP-tier physics simulated parts for no reason and never bothered to check it, especially because it's early access.

KSP actually has better physics.

Nothing really. I just play as space somalia and steal ships. Now with planets I steal ships and crash them into the planet for parts. If there's a ship I like me and my buddies end up going WH40K ork and up armoring the ship, adding more firepower to it. Since we use wepaon adds the ships end up with shit like turbo laser batteries, quad cannons and the like.

You build voxel ships.

It's far too simple to be anything other than that. There are three types of engines, Atmospheric/Ion and Hydrogen thrusters. Ion and Atmospheric engines use electricity only. Atmospheric engines only work in atmosphere, ion engines only in space. These are the only two engine types you really need.
Hydrogen thrusters consume hydrogen. They work everywhere and produce lots of thrust.
See where the problem is? All you ever need is atmospheric/ion engines. Hydrogen thrusters are completely retarded and superficial, since you can just bolt on more ion/atmo engines to your ship and add more generators.

Hydrogen also consume absurd amounts of fuel which you have to store.

I haven't played since the earliest days of the game. I used to spend hours on servers off in a corner building giant dick-ships to ram at people with the name "PHALLUS" written on the side. I got to Phallus VI before I realized it wasn't fun anymore. I'll always keep the rage of my victims in my heart. Maybe some day I'll go back but it seems like they added a bunch of shit that I wouldn't know how to use.

Hydrogen thrusters for more thrusting power and warheads for an explosive finish.

Your battle strategy made me kek.

Hello is this the serious discussion thread?

This tbh. I wish there were more potent (for example shaped charge stuff) explosives, smaller hydrogen tanks and less shit attachment methods. Remote controlled missiles mass produced by large ship welders and launched/controlled from a station are the only good thing this "game" has.

This guy runs a shitty streaming based let's play channel now but he used to make weapons like embed related.

While weapons like that may be extremely effective, they absolutely kill performance.

You need hydro thrusters to get into space. As far as I know, there is no platinum on the starting planet.

They also don't track moving targets.

In other news, I remember I built a race track complete with F-Zero style hovercars. It's a good time, and I tried to make each car handle differently.

gaaay

media.8ch.net/file_store/cf43b6bafe47a8c7fe4b4f3bad6d23102d7df080815b4e777e818914ce213103.png

What the hell do you think you are doing you fucking retard?

You should vent your helmet.

Literally the first time I played since way before planets. Don't even try to tell me you didn't start on a planet first thing when they came out.

Nobody started on planets when they first came out because it crashed the game. The only option to get on a planet was the lander and it was also, and still is last I checked, buggered to hell and back.

unless they changed it Ions do work in atmosphere but at severely reduced output

landers work but you have to immediately level off and max out the atmos engines to avoid crashing

Ion/Atmos thruster strength is dependent on how dense the atmosphere is, so if a small ion thruster on a small ship has a thrust value of 12 in space, it would have a value of 4 on the alien planet or Titan due to them being the densest. Meanwhile an atmospheric thruster of the same size would have a thrust value of 0 in space but 80 in those atmospheres.
Best option when building a ship is a combination of all three if you plan on landing on and being able to escape from planets.

i built a cool ass 40k inspired ship and nobody wanted to fight. this game's a bigger waste of time than minecraft.

grav drive is best

the best feature of the game is the social and the mods, such as trading,
but after awhile you get all the resources you need and have no need to trade
so rare resources at system choke points are introduced for pvp, even still it is a waiting game for players to show up, best way to acheive pvp is a alert system,
a large team can protect your stuff, or you hide it in the corner of the play area
eventually you destroy all the good ships of other players and they drop off the server or they spend weeks rebuilding good ships,

planets have better scenery and are more beautiful, but they're very dead as far as the realism goes, there is no ecosystem or npcs, players on planets are easy to find and are vulnerable to attack,
on good servers the underground bases are banned because they lag server, planet bases highly vulnerable in multiplayer pvp.
planets are very buggy on busy servers, your landing craft is likely to clip through the ground and explode.

So I redownloaded the game and I'm messing about with a 2 deck ship where the second deck is just the underside of the first one, it's a hangar. I traverse between the two with the magnetic boots because why bother with gravity amirite? Anyone else got neat/gimmicky ship designs?

I feel like if it was WAAAAAAAY more optimized, to the point of being able to jump in and out of even modded games in about a minute or so, it could be as popular as autismcraft.

Booted up the game today, took 15 minutes to load into a pure vanilla game.

I really loved this one ship on the workshop called the "Prospero" but the front dash was a small ship connected by way of connector and landing gear. if you jumped with the ship in motion the dash killed you, if you jumped in a standstill it just came undone and was a bitch to fix correctly. Last time I checked it's still fucking broken.

They gotta have the yellow bands to be locked down and connected fam.

If you jump when they're locked down then it should be fine.

Green is Locked down. I just hopped in and tested it out, jumping when yellow just leaves the ship behind, because its not a part of the larger whole. Jumping when green leads to the same thing as i described. They are no longer connected post jump

Huh. Thought they fixed that.

Can you post a screenshot of the build?
I'm assuming you tried with Landing Gear off, only Connector, and vice versa as well?

I tested it with some bare bones blocks, engines, jump drive, power, connector, same with the small ship i slapped on as well, blocks, cockpit connector, power, engines. Oddly enough the engines powered down on the small ship the moment it connected.