Battlefield thread

4 years later, there's still no multiplayer FPS out there that tops this masterpiece.

Granted, I know the developers are Zionist scum but damn, they sure know how to make a good game.

But enough about my favourite Battlefield game. What is yours? (Not counting PR)

You should propably kill yourself OP.

4 was shit, other suppression mechanic was better and had horrid destruction.
Get taste faggot

Die in a housefire. Buttholefilled 3 was a goddamn abomination, and 4 should be more difficult to remember the existence of than Secret Weapons of WWII.

THE LAST GOOD BATTLEFIELD GAME WAS 2142, ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS ESSENTIALLY A "20 MINUTES IN THE FUTURE" MOD OF BF2.

Quality posts.

Secret Weapons was good too.

You made the unfunny asscreed thread too. Maybe try not trying so hard.

Aye nigga I had valid criticisms. Compared to the other battlefields it falls flat in every way.

gotta admit it was fun playing with /bfg/ when the game first came out. good times…

but an update last year causes the game to stutter every minute which makes it unplayable. haven't touched it since.

WRONG

that would be pic related

I cannot speak more favourably of the vehicles in 1942, especially the Desert Combat mod helis. Realistic, no, but strafing enemies with a barrage of rockets was the most satisfying thing ever. Do any other games do this well?

Looping in an Apache to launch a few rockets up the ass of a frogfoot was always a hoot. If you ever played some of the tweaked maps, like El Alamein Day 2 or Day 3, in the northern corners of the map were a Zero and a Mustang D. I would always make a beeline for the Mustang and raise hell because it could out-turn anything else on the map. Ah, the good old days.

With BF4, DICE intentionally scrambled the vehicle controls (especially heli) and made it impossible to completely restore BF3 controls. reason was to quite obviously nerf the autistic pilots that had gotten insanely good playing thousands of hours of Battlefield 3.

DICE can suck my cock. They became just another game studio that around ~2012 decided that they hated "gamers".

BF4 was a dumpster fire that was insanely unbalanced and heavily favored vehicle play. Shit taste OP

While it was an unexpectedly good spinoff somehow, it's not a main series battlefield game. 2142 was the last good game in the battlefield series.

Come on now, Bad Company 2 was great too. The variety of ways to complete Rush objectives was awesome, and a major reason why BF3 was such a disappointment. They took away all your cool options for victory.

OP is a fag though, that we can all agree on.

I'll bite the bait, OP.
That would be BF 1942
That would be BF2
So they added a cherry on top of a piece of turd. They sure did improve
They're not. BF 1942 has better "boats". Higgins boats made of steel and huge battleships and aircraft carriers, BF4 can't even compete.
The most casual game mechanic ever added in a video game. It's brain cancer in algorithm form.
So you're the one kill stealing
No one plays it because it sucks, does nothing and is not fun. BF2 did it better.
Not only are games supposed to lunch with zero bugs, but this piece of shit took MORE than a year to get fixed.
Runs like a piece of dogshit just like every other Triple A title.

Bad Company 2 was a casualized console spinoff which had neither the variety or depth of previous titles.
It was alright, especially the destruction for the time, but nothing compared to 2 or 2142.

It was also the reason why Battlefield 3 and everything sucked major balls because its a hybrid of both mainline and the spinoff.

I liked it only because I had a dedicated group of friends that I played it with and always had a full squad of friends. As a triple A shooter I can't say it's the worst I've played, but it's not more than a 6/10 at best. 2142 remains the best in the series and isn't likely to be topped anytime in the near future.

t. EA shill

Bad Company 2 (+ Nam) was the last good Battlefield game

The loadout menu is still not user-friendly.

BF2 and BFBC2 were the last good BF games.
Best controls. Best balance. Best everything.

BF3,BF4 and BF1 are reminders you should not be giving DICE money.

It's still amazing how pilots bitch and moan about people being able to shoot them down is unrealistic - - but in reality, being able to take more than one missile is the unrealistic thing.

It's like the game is now balanced to reward running away, rather than stay and engage in battle. I miss the old battlefield games where a squad with a tank would actually support their tank. Snipers would snipe at other mechanics as they attempted to repair or battle the other tank and so on and so on.
These days? A tank technically does not even need an engineer. Just stay out of battle for 10 seconds and you magically heal.

And my personal grievance.
They changed how the servers respond to hits.
Old BF games, two snipers could headshot each other at the same time. A firefight in a small space would result in 10 dead players, no survivors– until two medics walk in , revive everyone and the battle starts again.

New BF games, it takes frag rounds or something silly to cause mutually assured destruction between two players.

Who thought that was a good idea? The guy threw the grenade. Killed me with it, now rather than him getting a kill that I can be revived from. I'm getting a suicide I can't be revived from.
Thanks

is dat some Slut Girl?

What is this

I'm more mad TV missiles in Jets tbh. They never fixed the things literally killing you as used them, which is a fucking shame because they were kind of fun to use. That being said, Bad Company 2 was fun for just general ground pounding and I liked 3 because of vehicle warfare, but if I played the earlier games (shit pc back in the day) I could give a better opinion on the older things.

kill youself OP

Maybe so, but the point is the series had been missing good boats for a long time. In BF4, the attack boats can compete with LAVs, and the RHIB can be a threat to aircraft. I've had a lot of fun in those things.

We're gonna have to disagree there. Suppression gave LMGs the role they needed.

That's not what happens, no.

BF2 had a fun Commander mode and all, but a good BF4 Commander can turn the tide of the battle just as much.

Well that's unfortunate. I'm not an expert pilot, so I'll have to take your word for it.

no u

Will Dice follow Activision's lead and make BF1944 or will they do BFV2?

At their accelerated rate of Swedishness and how openly Jewish everything suddenly got in general, I'm expecting a near-future war where you play as the UN and support refugees against racist natives.

It's usually been the other way around.
BF1942 came before CoD, BF2 came before CoD4, and BF2142 came before all that recent futuristic CoD shit.

That would be awful, but at this point I can see it happening. God help us.

Funnny, i just played 4 the first time and its fucking garbage. Battlefield has become the epitome of eye candy without substance, not that BF was ever great, the mods were always far better than the vanilla games.

Fucking nope.

Not only that but since bad company they fucked up how helicopters react to the ground so that when you try to land the fuckers they flip over somehow.