Halo

Time for a Halo thread because why the fuck not.
Also if there's a Halo thread in the archives I don't give a shit.

Also, if you own Halo CE on PC you can play online multiplayer. Cool, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160515051719/http://8ch.net/v/res/9293503.html
youtube.com/user/DigitalPh33r/videos
halo2vista.com/forums/index.php
pastebin.com/PV2BGFGU
archive.is/fs3xM
web.archive.org/web/20111103130012/www.computerandvideogames.com/241306/dice-well-never-charge-for-battlefield-maps/
youtube.com/watch?v=PWzBXsiNwsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-dKdenOPGjA
youtube.com/watch?v=y5LJGjGg9aY
youtube.com/watch?v=itYjIGo33zo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ABLOO ABLOO BABBIES FURST FPS
SAGE SAGE SAGE

Hey does Halo CE PC have any like DRM bullshit or are physical copies still good?
I was thinking of getting it.

I'm sure physical copies work. Also, you can still play multiplayer if you pirate the game, but you have to download some extra files from some other website for it to work.
Also, it lags a lot, so play at your own risk.

I play on a digital copy myself.

Good times.

Very good times indeed, except for a few bullshit parts here and there.

Summer cannot end fast enough.
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/killyourself/

YES user
BUY THE OVER A DECADE OLD GAME
ABOOGITY WOOGITY BOOGITY

How does it feel being living cancer?

Projecting much? Are you pic related?

Is Halo Online still being modded?

I think only Halo 2 has drm (GFW)

hmmmm

I mean, there's a zombie infection mode and servers have fancy names like in games like TF2, so I'd have to say yes.

as opposed to dead cancer?

lol halo

It'd probably make more sense to just torrent it; It can't be more than 2-3 gigs.

Yeah Halo having a small file size makes sense due to how old it is.

Yeah, but if I have a disc, I won't need to get a jump drive to keep it on for later.

Does anyone actually play the multiplayer, though? I'd expect to be more dead than george washington

This game was good fuck you guys

Why does Reach have the best armor?

Didn't they use like, all of the concept art they had leading up to reach to make armor?

Yeah people do. It's fun too.
MAGNUM MASTER RACE

Reach was only good for the swat. I would constantly get 30-40 kills a game.

Because Reach had to have at least one good thing about it.
Still don't personally like it much, myself. Too tacticool. Like they wanted to appeal to the modern military shooter crowd. Much prefer my space sci-fi steel plate bros.

Reach's forge world was pretty fucking dank honestly. It's too bad it's impossible to get anyone to play custom maps with you anymore due to a dead playerbase and uncaring dads using it as a distraction from his children's whining.

Also, Halo 4 may be dogshit, but that one level in outerspace was fucking perfect for forge.

You need to be at least 18+ to post on this website

Actually yea, I almost forgot about custom games. Had some fun nights in those.

Halo CE came out in 2001.
Given that you have to have some level of basic functionality in order to play a video game, I think it is safe to say that anyone for whom this truly is their first shooter is at least 18 at this point.

If you played halo when you were 5 when it released you would be old enough to drink.

In any case Altis is releasing a script that lets you stand on a moving vehicle in HCE. I intend to add it to the server if I ever host again

What if my first fps was halo 3

and could barely beat it on easy when i first got it

underage pls go.

I'm 18 tho

your faggotry defies age.

Both of you reek of faggotry

man Halo lan parties where the best. To this day, that was some of the most fun I've had playing any video game. Everyone bringing there xbox over and a crappy old CRT TVs. I remember there was this one shitty TV that was so bad that it would random shutoff every once in a while and in order to turn it on you would have to slap the top of it due to the power button not working right. We ended up using it as a handicap for a game type because we still needed to use it.

I guess it all makes sense due to the guy who designed CE's multiplayer wanted to make a fun a very flexible "mario party" like game but for adults based off a FPS. Say what you want about halo and it's mechanics or story, but one thing you can't argue is that is was a fun game with friends

We should have another game night sometime

Depends, Halo CE is too old for some people and some can't learn to lead their shots in Custom Edition.

Halo 2 with Project Cartographer is nice, but there is a MAJOR lack of custom content and server support doesn't really work.

Halo Online is eh and not toaster friendly. Lack of Custom Content

halo is one of those games where everyone claims to be better then everyone else, why is that?
All my normalfag friends did this and i stomped their ass. Even the first time i ever played halo was halo 2 at a friends house and i wrecked everyone there. Considering it was my first time playing and their was a mutiplayer to the game they must have encountered someone better then me or them at some point while playing the game.

TLDR: What is it about specific games that give players more ego then they have a right to? fucking assfaggots

It was made to run on russian toasters:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (or AMD equivalent)
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT (or AMD equivalent)
Storage: 4 GB hard disk space
Internet: Broadband

interview with the guy who designed Halo CE's multiplayer, for anyone interested.
His goals for Halo CE’s Multiplayer and why it was designed the way it was 31:03

Shit, meant to reply to

it's probably matchmaking. The game will try to get you in a game with people who play near the same level as you. The more you play the better it gets at doing this. If they always are playing games where they are holding their own for the most part, they will feel like there are a better player than they actually are.
I don't think it's a problem with Halo, but games with matchmaking in general

Pretty neat

Gotta remember El Dewrito is based of a leaked Alpha that wasn't well optimized. They're trying but there is still a ways to go and with no mapping tools in the foreseeable future There's only so much you can do. Forge is jsut a object editor and the only "ports" (lockout specifically) are actually just massive objects. I want it to succeed, but I still think Custom Edition is the king in just how much content there is both good and bad.

Dunno, Halo is a nice game to play. It's stuck with the console trappings of bullet magnetism and auto aim.

That's the thing, it's also a console shooter so it has issues. Truth be told most people ever want to play slayer which is boring. I loved objective modes like CTF, Assault, Territories and the like because it made you work more as a team than slayer did. Swat was boring for me becaue if I wanted to play a game like that I'd just go play CS or something.

I bet it's because when they first got the game that's what the played so the game knows what people to match them up with. When they finally tried to branch out to anther mode, they would get stomped on a few times because the game doesn't really know how they play, so they quit like the scrubs they are and never try it again, can't let their precious kdr fall too far instead of keeping at it until it starts to figure out what to pair them up with.

Halo 5 is really bad at this among being just shit at everything else, I remember my first time trying something with objectives on it, and it paired me up with the highest levels I've seen in the game.

I mostly played slayer and swat in reach, because there was 0 teamwork in any team modes. (At least in the matches I was placed in) So whether I won or not was based on if my teammates were good players on their own.

I'm kinda glad i tried it just to see how bad it is, because words can describe how shit it is.

Because isaac hannaford is an amazing artist.

Both of IGN's interviews with Max Hoberman, who was the main guy who did Halo 2's MP and networking, are fucking fantastic and are the best interviews i've ever seen in the industry. One of them was part of podcast unlocked and the other was during their IGN live coverage of MCC, should be easy enough to find if you look up those terms with "Max hoberman", can't link them because archive.is doesn't function right with the videos.

Then again, there is that 50+ page interview with like 18 different halo devs that came out a few weeks ago that's pretty absurd too.

The core gameplay mechanics in 5, as well as the weapon balance and especially forge, are all top tier, webm related.

The req shit is only in a single shits and giggles mode and you earn enough in game currency just by playing normally to never need to buy packs with real money. It's honestly the least shit implementation of microtransctions i've seen in a gmae.

user the last Halo game was released almost 7 years ago.

I'll give you that, but invasion was boring

Halo 5 was 2015???

The fuck are you on about user, there was CE, 1, 2, 3, ODST and Reach.

You can thank esports for that. Halo 5 multiplayer was built to please the esports crowd. The places where you can still have fun are BTB, warzone firefight and customs.

Reach was shit, bungofag. ODST was the last good Bungie game.

Did they fix the in-engine cutscenes after launch? Most of them were really dark, especially those taking place onboard the Infinity.

It being shit doesn't make it not a halo game.

Reach had better Forge and Customs, DMRs shat up BTB due to teamshooting. Armor Abilities shat up everything, the worst being sprint since unlike most of the others it was in nearly every gametype even if no other abilities were and no one seemed to dislike it. It just slowed down the game even more because Sprint favors defenders more than attackers.

Other shitty things include the Banshee which was a huge piece of shit, anyone half decent at using it could get massive killstreaks since the thing was so fucking fast and the bomb recharged and moved quickly. Armor Lock goes without mentioning. Loads of the base MP maps were boring forge maps too.

Those fucking dark grey forerunner textures everywhere…
I stopped playing Reach when they added forge maps into the multiplayer playlists because there was no chance to end up on a DLC map (TBH I don't even remember playing on a DLC map), it was either the 4 or 5 maps from launch or those dark grey forerunner walls/floor maps.
Also the progression system was awful, all that grind to unlock a less shitty piece of armor or a visor… fuck that.

At first it sounded interesting then after you played a couple of matches you started to see how shitty the idea was. I remember when people were upset at the sprint button on H4 but at least every player had it (H5 perfected it I think, now you can't have your shield back if you sprint).

Yeah, getting the maps for the achievements was a bitch

What kept 343 from making H3:A? It would have been the perfect opportunity to save the franchise since it'll appear also on PC by default. Guess Halo's the new Sonic now.

The gay community. What would be the point in wasting time and money on a remake/anniversary edition if the community shit on it like they did with H1A and H2A?
I would've liked to have the entire collection on PC but I'd rather want them to finish the reclamer saga in a good way first.

Is that sergeant Dude on the background?

Johnson?

OP WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE

you guys are a bunch of wankstains, we had dozens of halo threads in the past
web.archive.org/web/20160515051719/http://8ch.net/v/res/9293503.html

Impossible. Unless they find a way to retcon Halo 5 and return to Halo 5's original story of Master Chief fully turning on the UNSC, that trilogy is dead. Even if 343 somehow manages to make the best Halo game ever made, Halo 5 already did its worst. At this point, Halo should have the Mega Bloks game revived and probably even a survival horror game so that 343 can take a break. I think it's time to give 343 an original IP while a new team composed of FPS veterans and Halo modders should do Halo 6.

This thread is a disgrace and Halo killed FPS

tonight is halo night

samefag

Gearbox was responsible for the port of CE and its post release support btw, just a little bit trivia

Anyone got a link for Halo 2 on PC? Igg's archives are dead. Also, any way to get Halo CE to go up to 1080p?

is the OP.
also I don't have anything against these threads, but I don't have anything to add to them either

Amazing tactic, there.

Taste is subjective, there is no empirically poor taste.

Wrong.

No, I'm talking about sergeant dude. I don't know who this Johnson guy is.

oh

gayest thing I've read all day

Anyone remember Arby n the Chief?
That was the only reason I give a shit about Halo

I certainly do. It's still an on going series, user. Jon realized its the only thing that gave his life any meaning, so he continued it after the toys suicide.
youtube.com/user/DigitalPh33r/videos

I think you might have the wrong chan, friend.

Why do you call it Halo CE? That's fuckin gay.

halo2vista.com/forums/index.php

Get Project Cartographer as well

Get out

That reminds me. There was a shitload of machinima around the time Halo 3 came out. I wonder if I looked back at the stuff I watched if I would consider it to be cringy autism

Remember you could farm solo firefight.

Watch this

And I thank them for that support, it was because of Gearbox we even got Custom Edition and the actual map authoring tools Bungie used.

Reported.

maps like that are one of the reasons why I like Halo CE. we need modding back in newer games.

I know this us a meme but it's a shit one. The only FPS that has ruined it is CS:GO counter strike Go and it's loot crates.
When halo first got popular, sure you had clones but there was still other FPS's being made that didn't copy it. Because CS:GO's crates got so damn popular you see them in fucking everything now.

I know it's a false equivalence but it's so stupid bitching about a game that's nearly 2 decades old in a time where FPS is such a huge genre with so many different types. If anything I would say crutches and poor weapon balance are what "ruined" first person shooters.crutches being sights like Target Finders and Thermals that silhouette or highlight enemies making them far easier to hit. I think these things are added so any new player can slap one on an LMG, go pick a camping spot, and still end the game doing halfways decent. Also "traps" like mines/ claymores etc. that are really just KD boosters that less players use "tactically" and more players just use to buy more time in a camping spot.

Also the poor weapon balance. How disappointing is it when out of the 30+ weapons there are to choose from you only see players use 5 of them?

tl;dr that's a stale meme

bump

MW2 ruinied fps you newfag.

Those cs:go skins and cases are also total cancer, but they existed before cs:go too, in tf2 and dota2. This shit is cancer, but it didn't kill fps. What truly killed the fps genre is mw2. They came up with the idea to remove dedicated servers, they removed free mods, they removed modding, those are all things that suck.

Nah Doom did.

Oh shit, I completely forgot about this mod. That's fucking cool.

Problem is map size. A lot of the larger maps in Custom Edition aren't built really for Halo's 16 player limit

Huh. Oh by the way,
I tried to type in chat in halo multiplayer multiple times but it won't fucking let me or any other player in the servers I join.

chat issue. I assume you tried to use the client packaged for the HCE gamenights?

What? I don't even know what that means. Call me a newfag, but could you fill me in? I just join normal random servers on Halo and nobody chats and I can't chat.

Consoles and cross-platform development killed FPS. Couldn't design for skilled movement anymore because it'd not translate to a controller, couldn't have lots of weapons with specialized uses because they'd be too hard to switch between on a controller, couldn't have maps designed for lots of players because consoles couldn't run them, couldn't have interesting maps because it's too hard to look or down with a controller, etc..

pastebin.com/PV2BGFGU
You have a text bug where you actually can't see text, the fix is to reinstall something packaged with the portable HCE we use for the HCE gamenights I used to do

Well yes and no, the weapon wheel, take it as you will is a good way to make multiple weapons work on a console.

Oh, so this is a version of Halo with a lot of mods and an invisible text fix? Sign me right the fuck up!

Weapon wheels are too slow for what we were doing in Quake 1.

Bad news friend, most of the custom map servers are now dead and HCE is mostly populated with spics with 300 ping and only play stock maps.

I ran sometimes gamenights on HCE, but an issue is HCE is old and not many people like Halo.

Well considering how many frames the wheel needs to be up for you could tap the button and move the thumbstick towards the desired weapon. Would boil down to twitch reflex and technically would add another layer of skill. Actually fun fact about Halo is the player character can wield more than 2 weapons. a hold over from when it was PC centric, but since the only buttons are to cycle between weapons means you can't really go from Weapon #4 to Weapon #1

Not the first MW?

The first modern warfare was fine, but after that it became more and more shit as time went on.

I have custom edition and SPV3, this looked like a different version of HCE with moar maps. I know what HCE is, friend.

Then why are you surprised at the custom maps?

What was wrong with the first mw? I don't play call of duty, played it the first time in one of the Holla Forums gaming nights so I don't know what cod was before mw2
archive.is/fs3xM

The point is before mw2 games had free updates and mod support.

read this article: DICE: We'll never charge for Battlefield maps
web.archive.org/web/20111103130012/www.computerandvideogames.com/241306/dice-well-never-charge-for-battlefield-maps/

Before mw2 dlc was considered a bad thing.

Because my version doesn't have custom maps and I haven't used Halo 1 on PC much. I've mostly played halo on Xbox.

Quake 4 came out in 2005 and UT3 came out in 2007. Halo came out in 2001.

Halo didn't killed arena FPS's, Cod 4 did. Also, Halo itself is an arena FPS.

You do realize you had to DOWNLOAD maps back in the day?

hce.halomaps.org

Biggest repo of maps for Halo Custom Edition and even before the workshop was a thing they started work on acting as a repo for Portal maps (though game banana could cover that too)

What was so bad about cod4? That game had mod support, look at the attached vid. You can turn it into a star wars game. I would pay money for new games with mod support like that.

Modding support doesn't make the game.

It's still a must have future for good games.

I don't think CoD 4 is a bad game, but if you want to pin what killed arena shooters on a game, CoD4 did it far more then Halo did

What did cod4 do that was so bad for the industry?

The progression system and weapons locked behind it

quick knife
quick grenade
kill streaks
loadouts
the way the weapons behave in such a way that a brain dead monkey could get lots of kills.

none of these are exclusive to cod 4 but the game itself standardized it and made it seemingly necessary to the industry

There isn't anything wrong with quick knife/grenade provided they aren't one hit kills - like in CoD

very rarely is the quick knife not a 1 hit kill. Not to mention the fact that you suck into the enemy like a vacuum when you use it. Red orchestra has quick grenade but it takes almost 3 seconds just to finish the animation which leaves you very exposed.

Wasnt there a very simple tool to edit…everything as far as weapons went in Halo CE? Like, making the assault rifle good by switching its bullets and with the pistol etc etc?

I lost my labtop because reasons

A shitty property editor. However for a full fledged Editing suite I suggest grabbing the official HEK since it's literally the Tools Bungie used to make Halo

Halo CE is old enough to drive, nearly old enough to vote.

Go be an ornery old fart somewhere else

Reported. We need less people like you alive.

Make a physical copy with the torrent iso

pastebin.com/PV2BGFGU

See the pastebin, has a torrent of the portable build of HCE as well as a CD Key if you want to play SPv3

The Scorpion is retarded. Fun but retarded. Like the Downy girl with huge tits

On easy?! Wow. Suckitude much?

The people bitching at you are pc gamers. Old ones too.

They hate fun.

I know most of you guys are playing this on pc but I thought I might as well ask here. Is there a good place to get xbox games other then emuparadice and iso zone. Non of them have games I'm looking for or only have them in pal. Also anyone up for playing halo on the OG xbox?

I am desperate for a way to turn this off. Its throws my shots off all the damned time

Well it's mainly bullet magnetism and sticky reticule, there is no "true" auto-aim. I'd call them "Aiming supplements" more than anything. I wish you could turn them off but I think it's hard coded into the game.

Also uoi act like a underage. Calm the fuck down

Iso Zone is the bets bet, as for OG Xbox, ehh. HPC is more interesting and XLink is old and hasn't been updated in ages. Actually If I could get an OG Xbox I'd have to look into if thye ported the HPC exclusive stock maps to OG Xbox Halo.

Yep. Pc faggots

No, dlc was considered an extra thing.

How many grandkids you got?

Tell the old geesers to grow the fuck up. Their bullshit isnt funny anymore. Goldeneye on consoles was fun, Halo on consoles was fun. Like, bitch all you want until MW/2 gets brought up.

Because that garbage killed anything good about fpses far more than Halo ever did.

Back in the day, jt was the Cool Kids and styling young adults saying Halo was shit.

Now Halo is old enough to drive, Quake is dead, CS is nearly dead, and Bad Company will never get a third game.

Halo was a good game.

Would you clam the fuck down?

see

Finally got into RvB recently, just finished season 11
1-10 were fantastic, with a satisfying ending
11 was pretty weak, but we'll see where it goes
Church and Maine are the best characters
Locus seems like a fag

link to the 50 page interview, I can't seem to find it and it sounds really interesting

It's called "The Complete, Untold History of Halo", if you look it up you should be able to find it.

I can't link it directly due to the filter, and it's too big for archive.is to process. I even emailed the board admin about how the filter is fucking dumb for this exact reason and if we want to post links to shit without using archive.is that should be our perogative but I got no response.

Bullshit.

Nigga, I tried to process it on archive.is to post about it back when it first came out, maybe I did something wrong and I just didn't realize it, but I tried.

If you aren't an idiot you should have adblock installed anyways.

Ad block doesn't stop page hint counter from incrementing.

I don't really care that much about that.

But if I did, I would argue that that's a good thing, because it tells them people care about stuff like that that's a actual journalism that effort went into rather then agenda pushing.

SJW's are the ones who decide to boycott and blacklist authors and creators on the basis of their opinions even if they put out good content. I don't want to stoop to that level.

If somebody I disagree with puts out content that's good, i'll support that content, but I won't support their bad content.

Long shot and semi-unrelated, but does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the beginning of that video? I remember I used to listen to it a lot years ago and I really liked it, but I don't remember the name of it.

Woah, woah, calm down. That's actually thinking rationally. Something that SJWs and Holla Forums aren't capable of

disregard that, i think it's anamanaguchi

Wanna fuck around in Project Cartographer right now? I can get a server going in like 10 seconds

server's up look for me losers

Possibly. Every once in awhile there's non-hues on halo 1/2 on xlink.

can confirm, halo was my 1st shooter and I'll be 18 in a couple weeks

This is why nobody likes newfags. Terms like "hide your power level" and "lurk moar" are completely lost on people like you.

b&

Can someone tell me the story of Halo 5?

it's shit

Yeah, it's bait.

I figured, but I was hoping for more details. I'm too lazy to play through it.

Party on, Hotpockets.

A fragment of cortana is still alive, and has fused with the forerunner domain, and wants to enforce galactic peace using forerunner constructs called guardians.

The game ends on a huge cliffhanger with no conflict resolution.

FPS was dead before MW2 in 2009. Notice how there was almost nothing good between Halo in 2001 and MW2 in 2009? Halo killed FPS.

No, nobody else decided to put in any effort after Halo. Halo was great for its time.

Halo was always a second rate shooter for console tards. But it did a few things right, which would be unjust to ignore.

The seamless on foot and vehicle gameplay, was much more fun and natural than Half-Life 2's and could only compared to Redline's. The huge maps while empty and bland, still enabled a free hands approach that scripted shooters in the following decade sorely lacked.

Also the story of H1 was decent, classic scifi. Had the first Xbox bombed, the first Halo would have remained in memory as a lost fan favorite, like Otogi.

No what killed FPSes was people trying to copy Halo , remember how many games were touted as "The Halo killer".

Actually we don't know that. Bungie probably could have saved themselves by publishing a PC port. If the Xbox was stillbirth at launch or had failed to even launch we'd probably have what Bungie was originally aiming for

Killzone was advertised like that, despite being on a different platform.

There is one thing you guys need to know about game devs, they don't know what they are doing. Especially the people working on multiplayer games and fps. Every good game just randomly turned out good, not because the devs intended it to be good. I can give you some examples, Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead and basically every arena shooter. You noticed how most new arena shooters suck? That's because they fix the exploits that made those games good in the first place.

For those of you that don't know Left 4 Dead 2, the single player and coop is total trash but the versus multiplayer is insanely good. In it's peak people would check your profile when you joined a server and kick you if you had less than 500 hours played. Anyway, the people who made Left 4 Dead 2 moved on to a new game called Evolve, and as some of you know that game is total trash.

Same with Counter Strike, back then when the first cs:go pro tournament (dreamhack) started the cs:go dev team played a 5vs5 test game against each other to test the new streaming service and they were all ranked silver which is the worst possible rank you can get in cs:go. They have no idea what they are doing, the people working on cs:go are normal tier trash.

And unreal tournament is totally ruined by now. Anyway, I doubt anyone in this industry knows what they are doing. They are basically throwing random features into a blender and hope that something good comes out.

And, what's so terrible about the Guardians then? Is it another killer weapon that will wipe all life from the universe?

That was also how Geist came to be (Despite a number of Nintendo execs telling their higher-ups that Metroid Prime was already doing a swell job of being a Halo-killer).

The thing I loved most about Halo is that you could jump in and play for any length of time, and play so many different modes in a single game.

Ever since I gave up consoles, I haven't ever found a single PC game to ever scratch that same itch.

Yeah I really feel ya, dude. All these new pc games are just trying to be the "mosht reelishik looking" game, or the next big Esports game like DOTA.

There's nothing on PC that even comes close to console Halo.

Also, I would have played Halo 3 more if they didn't charge you too fucking much for better forge and the ability to play any gamemode other that Slayer. NEEDING to buy maps that cost too fucking much just to play team snipers is complete bullshit.

I would love nothing more than a good PC port of Halo 3 or Reach with no DRM, but I already know that it'll never happen.

It's definitely feasible user M$ has been getting super desperate lately, no one's buying the Xbone and no one is upgrading to Win 10 other than retards that wouldn't play games on PC anyway. Tons of M$ store "exclusives" have got PC ports so far with relative success, I have no doubt more will come as M$ scrapes the bottom of the barrel

we didnt know how good we had it did we lad

That's why dedicated servers and mods are so important, they allow you to customize your game. Unreal Tournament was like this too. I just miss those "no kill limit" servers. You could just set the kill limit to 0 and the server would stay up forever. I hate load screens and shit like that.

Steam release means it works on WIN 7/8 user, Womb Raider, CIA break, and Halo Wars were all exclusive to the Windows store on Win 10, but the steam versions work fine on 7 and 8

I'd still rather be on PC as I am now though. Consoles are a blight on the long-term health and progression of the medium, for numerous reasons.

While I certainly agree, one thing which I've realised in retrospect to work hugely in Halo's favour is that the base games themselves have excellent customisation options, meaning that the end user needs to do no work to join in on all the fun. Having it be split up by mods and/or DLC also usually irreparably splits the playerbase.

really activates my almonds

Meh, I just use GOG to pirate games.

Halo Wars came out on Steam?

Had no idea, what's it like on PC?

It's still fundamentally a console RTS.

It works fine but multiplayer is dead

Jesus Christ, I can't imagine playing an RTS like that. It has hotkeys, right?

you reminded me of the time my friends and I spent hours on sandtrap building warthog catapults and seeing how far we could lauch each other.
Also filling the elephant tank with fusion core with 0 seconds on respawn causing it to fly around the map.
I didn't want to feel these feels today

This shit crashes a lot and the playerbase is full of cunts that always manage to get the rocket launchers when they respawn.

All the servers I could find are populated exclusively by

Yeah the only real playerbase the game has anymore is a bunch of poor Mexicans with potatoes and toasters that can't run anything slightly more graphically intense.

Maybe you're just bad

Welcome to modern day Halo on PC. This is why the gamenights were a thing, a break from pablo and Raul who only play stock maps with their 400 ping

No, shut up faggot. When I'm not getting blown the fuck up with a rocket launcher or crossmap sniped, I'm ass-raping people with the magnum.

Oh! I just remembered something else that I love about Halo.
What is it with modern games and putting it in without question? Without fail, it ruins competition because people leave at the first sign of resistance from the enemy with the knowledge that some poor schmuck will be forced into his position to try and plug the hole in the proverbial sinking ship. Furthermore, it makes it even harder on the losing team in killcount-based gamemodes since the random chucklefucks that get thrown into the match are just cannon fodder for the other team to grind points on - even if you were on your own vs 4 people you could still win as long as you stay one kill ahead of the other team, whereas with 3 retards constantly cycling through the other slots on your team it's damn-near impossible to clutch it.

Fixed that for you

lel god damn it that got me good

brilliant

Pistol is OP, it takes 3 shots to kill mate. Didn't your parent beat YOU till you could 3SK? mine did.

They try to punish quitters, but it's typically really shit tier punishments.

10/10

In any case People should look into installing Project Cartographer and H2V in case a H2 gamenight crops up. If I ever do another HCE one I may just revert to the old map list and merge some of it.

Becauzs the Bad Company series wasnt around?!

Fuck you

No. Halo is 16 years old. Youd have to be at least four to do anything.

By now, anyone who played Halo and could enjoy it is opd enough go drink

god fucking damn it

HELLO I AM MASTUR CHEEF LOLOLLLLOOLLOL

Easy blowy joeys

No it wasn't.
The porn is top-tier, though.

It truly is an atrocity that modern devs are such retards that Halo on consoles gives players more freedom to fuck around with game settings than many modern PC games.

M A C H I N I M A
back when 480p was ok

It's not machinima if it doesn't have a HQ button and a five star rating system

lurk moar.

t. 19

Thanks man!

It was the same in Unreal Tournament, you could go into settings and change everything from gore to gravity + you could also do bullshit like huge heads and shit like that. What I miss in modern games, apart from those settings, is also fun game modes. Every game has deathmatch, I want that kind of the hill and that one skull game mode back.

Oddball? That was great fun, especially in the "hog potato" and "Griffball" variants.

Now you're making me sad that I've not played Griffball in so many years.

What kind of sadist invented the Cortana-level in Halo 3?

Impossible on Legendary.

It's a fucking ball-ache on Normal.

The Library and The Oracle are both worse

The Gravemind is also the single hardest mission on legendary in the entire franchise, but is fine on normal and heroic

griffball is assault dummy.

Git Gud

To be fair in that interview the guy who was tasked with putting MP back into Halo basically went with what he knew "would work". No gimmicks, he even stated he wasn't worried about modifiers and mutators he just wanted to make sure it was solid. I feel like subsequent titles like 2 and 3 expanded the modification settings and on HPC and HCE you had programs like Flare that could modify settings that might only be presets i nthe in-game GT editor

Library is just a slog, and The Oracle gives you allies and has the enemies make themselves known, even if they are stupidly tough. Cortana has the fuckers everywhere and gives you fuck-all ammo to deal with them too. The Gravemind is at least fun to go through.

p-please no bully

Post gamertags, lets see if we can get an xbone party together and finish the fight

GT: RLYJezusChrist

its the only way to play halo 3

Halo 3 on Xbox 360 is a blast. All (((xbone))) provides is slightly flashier plasma weapons and slightly better textures.

and 60 fps

It dips a bit at the start of the mission as stuff is still loading, but only down to like 55, after that it's a solid 60

Waste of quads. Why are you funding MS to further puppet the corpse of Halo around with its slimy tendrils? Why are you supporting one of the systems which hold back the industry?

Halo 5 had some of the best core MP in the series and by far the best forge. The novels are still good.

I certainly care less about it then I used to but it's also not nearly as bad or bleak as people make it out to be.

HEK > Forge

Also Halo 5 is garbage

You sure convinced him with those hot arguments.

Fuck off Frank.

Better environment lighting and 60 fps.

I used this have this silly halo friend who would always try to make and this other guy watch this childish show.

wow who would have thought. Halo 5's forge still kicks the shit out of 3's, reach's, 4's, and H2A's by many orders of magnitude. It's about as versatile and useful as many modding tools other modern PC games have.

Nice arguement

no it' not

Also Halo 5 is garbage

Halo 4- whatever are ass. There will never be mainline Halo games on steam, deal with it.

Stopped reading right there. Halo 5 doesn't have ADS, it has the same zoom the series has always had, just with different visuals.

They've added it last year.

We joked about this back in '06… saying that one day people would have WoW and Halo nostalgia threads on Holla Forums. We never thought it would actually happen tho, kek. The cancer has taken over.

I like you. Halo rocks and they need to bring 3 to PC so I can play that shit online all day erryday

Halo?

yeah sure.

Meanwhile HPC had it at launch :^)

Hey if you don't like it can always head back to cuckchan
You are "Trying too hard to fit in: the post"

Never gonna happen,. if you have any technical knowledge link up with the Project Anvil faggots and help with Halo: Online

Has nothing to do with if it's ADS or not. Mechanically, it's identical to zoom. Also, if other weapons don't need it and get nothing out of it, why do you even care other then to complain for the sake of complaining?

Also, plenty of weapons do get things out of it: Automatics can actually hit shit past 5 feet now.

not it's not, most games that use ADS have the gun's fire patten tighten up to "simulate" the rifle being shouldered. Halo never needed this, the weapon was always shouldered, always readied. Zoom was a smart link magnification built into the MJOLNIR armor, accuracy was still normal across the board, no increase or decrease.

when you have zoom on the fucking assault rifle and it can still be fired that's where it breaks for me because the MA series in none of the games was ever smart linked.

Right, but Halo also had this, webm related

Correct (except you also forgot that smart link also worked on normal UNSC solider's HUD's via their combat goggles, eyepieces, or helmet's if they wore closed face helmets such as for ODST's or Military Police on Reach, not just MJOLNIR), and I agree that Smart Scope in Halo 5, as far as lore goes, makes a lot of the lore behind smart linking and the logistics of HUD operation nonsenical, but this isn't a gameplay complaint, this is a lore one.

This is absolutely wrong, the entire fucking concept of smart linking and FOF functions and other electronics logistics stuff as it applies to UNSC HUDs and weapons was introduced with the MA series in the novels, what the hell do you think the electronics suite built into the gun where the ammo counter and shit is was for?

EVERY weapon in Halo you see in the games has smart link, that's the lore reason why you have a reticule on your HUD.

Chad was great.
I wish he never admitted it was just a character, those videos were fucking funny.

Halo Online was shit. They only thing good about it was Jojo.

Ayo hol up
Emil was a nigger?

So I take it you also like people like markiplier and other let's play faggots?

That's zoom, again that's a smart link with the rifle. And of course it's a lore issue, then again 343 shits all over the lore. Of course they have a smart link, but not all weapons had a telescopic sight built into them for zoom.

Yeah, you couldn't tell by his voice?

But the bullet spread still goes down when the zoom is activated, just like in Halo 5. There's no mechanical change between Smart Scope in 5 and Zoom in any past halo game.

If you are just complaining about the lore issue, then fine, that's a valid cricitism, but that's not what you made the problem out to be since you called it ADS, which implied you thought the actual mechanics/gameplay of it was more like ADS in CoD or something rather then Halo's zoom, which would be incorrect.

because they make it look like ADS shit. it's an ugly design choice and makes it look like every other shooter, just with a sci-fi skin slapped on it

I don't necessarily disagree but it's still just a visual thing, not a gameplay one, so I don't think it's that big a deal.

wrong! it was Todd Howard's mic spam

Fuck you, man, it was fun.
Also: I will never forgive Jojo for falling for the Discord meme.

Nobody talks in a discord. Certainly not as much as they do in game. In game chats have always been superior, for communities. More natural conversations arise, people feel more open to chatting.
Incidentally, I also fucking hate Jojo for that shit constant 'muh eurobeat' faggot, who clogged up the chat, and made it so nobody could talk to one another. Fuck that shit, man.

I hate mic spam in general because it typically detracts from the game I feel. One of the reasons I like HCE and hosting for it is no mic.

Because it was the most militarized.
Bags, pouches, holsters and shit

i prefer this video series breakdown of halo5 and how much it changed compared to the other games

pt2 youtube.com/watch?v=PWzBXsiNwsQ
pt3 youtube.com/watch?v=-dKdenOPGjA
pt4 youtube.com/watch?v=y5LJGjGg9aY
pt5 youtube.com/watch?v=itYjIGo33zo

I mean after watching these I don't see how anyone can defend the game

Nobody defends Halo 5's campaign though, everybody agrees it's shit.

What people defend about 5 is the MP, core mechanics, and forge.

I hate activision so fucking much. I ended up hoping cod not to fail, just because nowadays it's a containment game for retards.

Fuck you.

Pussies

Peaked in Halo 3/Reach

This. I like 5's MP a lot but 3-reach era armor designs are amazing.

Based isaac hannaford

Jorge's armour makes m'dick diamonds.

is that supposed to be a hammer and sickle on his shoulder

I'm not sure, i'm a hardcore halo lorefag and it doesn't match any symbol in universe i can think off of the top of my head, and the UNSC certainly isn't communist, it was born out of fighting neo-communist and neo-facist groups (though the UNSC does have a lot of shades of totalitarianism)

I think the artist was just drawing a random symbol to fill space.

Big bulky armor is the sexist thing when done right.

user stop. My penis can only get so erect

This guy also explains why Halo 4 sucks on a mechanical (and not just storytelling or aesthetic) level.

And this guy explains why the writing feels hackneyed as fuck.