Fighting Game General: Killer Edition

A steam release for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has been announced. There's cross buy for Xbone and Windows 10 owners.
New trailer showing 8 new characters is out,all of them except for Zero were on the leak list. Black Panther is day one DLC.
Supposed leaked cast: archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, other 5 DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
The story mode demo for the game is now available on PS4 and Xbox One.
Arc System Works is developing a Dragon Ball Fighting game with 2.5D style graphics. A trailer for the game is already out.
Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd.
PC version is up for pre-order on steam. It'll be released on June 13th. Pre-ordering the game gives you instant access to the closed beta. The game is also 20% off if you pre-order.
Arcade version will be released on June 29th.
Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users. Dataminers found that Tekken Bowl is in the game and one DLC will have meter like Akuma/Eliza: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=10023208&t=30258549
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. Eliza will be put as a regular DLC in July.
Red Hood trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=2lovdnOUCqg
He'll be released on June 13th for Deluxe/Pass owners, 20th on regular stores. Starfire and Subzero will soon follow as the first 3 DLC characters.
The game/update is out.
OST: mega.nz/#!OopXgLqT!KQUY2RuETD_4Tk6sqQWdGwOmFK60FOMx5GGZrVAVdrc
Game is updated with the new CFN, balance patch, new trials for season pass onwers and DLCs: Ed, Vega's SFII and Bison's Stage.
Fairy Tail and Shingeki no Kyojin(including the stage) packs will be delisted from PSN, Steam and Xbox Marketplace after June 20th: teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_20170522.html
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
Erika Wagner has been confirmed as Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late [st]'s second new character for the console release.
EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, T7, SFV, KOFXIV, SMash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Punch Planet new video featuring combos: youtube.com/watch?v=43QjykqeKiI
Cerebrawl new character: youtube.com/watch?v=ayHtKpk5ib4
Trajes Fatais(TRAF) will be released outside of Brazil under the name TRAF: Suits of Fate
Fightin' Herds latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipvxFkQ4iaw
Strides 2 Glory latest gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIW3jXry0
Kemono Friends Fighter latest character trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=ptORAwAJN5c
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=jKIXxF-oFfg
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B5_aRsGiHwo
ramenraff.blogspot.ca/2017/06/ramen-and-more-at-cool-mac-cafe.html
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyACI1Ns91uTTh2rPBdtb9H36DCuYHDZU
youtube.com/watch?v=cwxKoeYm4HM
steamcommunity.com/app/571260/discussions/3/2333276539594065561/
kalavinka.co.uk/GUILTY/
kalavinka.co.uk/EMBER/
archive.is/r1nhF
archive.is/7SAVg
twitter.com/anime_evo?lang=en
twitch.tv/videos/152559808
youtube.com/watch?v=7D7tsfUaPvM
behindthevoiceactors.com/Walter-Roberts/
discord.gg/Pokkén
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post your fighting game mains.

repost from late last thread

why aint tekken got a good tutorial
GG does it
KoF does it
SG does it
even Streets got a good trials mode

tekken got what, move list display/demonstration? that's it? yowza

considering it's the fighting game with by far the most distant gameplay from every other fighting game it's one that really would benefit from a good tutorial the most. SF fundamentals transfers to GG and KoF fairly well, but not to Tekken much at all

movement is so important in this game so the only "tutorial" being one that barely teaches you how to do combos is kinda unacceptable. there are so many things new players wont be able to learn without perusing third party sources and that really sucks

and before anyone goes like "oh muh accessibility killing fgc!!" no you retard it's called conveyance. you don't have to water down gameplay to make the game's concepts more apparent to a new player, you just have to explain the fucking concepts in a way that's understandable.

It's literally only a net gain and EVERY fighting game should have these sorts of tutorials. It helps the FGC grow and thrive to have an influx of new competent players.

Too little, too late.

I've completely washed my hands of that game, I'm sick of the incompetent devs and the shitty community.

so is punk autistic?

So what is wrong with KI for us that never touched the game/paid attention too it because xbone/win10 only

kek

/a/ no one cares about your shitty meme anime other than you.

I'm clueless about this Kemono thing.

Shit balance, ugly as fuck season 3, retarded clones, awful customization, reeks of Microsoft's sleaziness, and sjw pandering. Oh yea, Keits is on the KI team, and is a complete, unlikeable cunt.

After Season 1, it switched developers and lost all its cohesion since the two devs clearly had different visions for the game.

Overall, the game's playable, but my gripes with the game just come from a shitload of nitpicks I have that they kept adding to over time.

Things like:

I wouldn't be so upset if it didn't take the game so long to release. They surely had the time and the resources for a tutorial. The best alternative I've found so far are tutorials on YouTube courtesy of Aris/ATP.

Pic related.

check the youtube link in the OP regarding the Kemono friends game. It's the same as the video you posted. bumping with Tekken 1 art.

About fucking time, you won't belive how infuriating it was to own a game that needs to be always online to even go into practice mode, given that i never disconnect my PC either but just the jewry of all this Xbox Live shit + windows 10 was awful.

Hopefully i can finally uninstall windows 10 for good after this.

On another thing, i hope the game maintains it's free character rotation model

Are KoF14's inputs supposed to be so damn hard? I feel like I'm playing a SNES game here.

XIV's inputs are the easiest in the series

Nay. I've been playing since KoF '96 and I've never had this much trouble with basic combos. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Your brain's reaction time peaks at age 24, how old are you user?

Living the dream. Did you make that yourself?

What is the source for this?

They fucking did in the way that he's cheap as fuck, but since his worst match ups, are very popular he mostly goes on to lose in tournaments
Glacius will fuck up his tongue shit with hail and can poke him out of jumps from half the screen and hisako's ridiculous onryo zan hitbox will also wreck his air game.

It jus tscreams Microsoft, like they wanted to be on a safe level of edgy, they even refused to make Ultimates be gory like old KI

Artistically yes, gameplay wise i'd just say Rash, Shin Hisako, Shago and Kim Wu are retarded

I disagree here, i think KI has the best music in any fighting game overall, sure some tracks may not be of your liking but i think as a whole it defeats most other games, music is a subjective taste after all, so there is not much to say here.

Maybe on Xbox? I never had a problem outside the annoying option to save shadow data after a battle, that one should go right at the bottom not the first option.

Boy she is ugly as they get, also with the new in game lightning she can wildly change colors from yellow to full nigger

Can't deny

It got better in the last patch, but the low tier characters will never not be shit because devs don't bother touching them, that said, the tiers in this game are more closely packed than other games i ve played

Certainly, i whish they had added more alternate costumes instead of these retarded add ons, at least Omen my main nigga does not need any of that shit

34. Now I have more respect for old guys who can still do well in tournaments.

The intro to one of those crossover fanservice games that has great animation but isn't fun to play.

One of the Queen's Gate games on psp. I'd say it's alright but I'm a sap for those kinds of games and love the animations.

Queens Gate. It's a crossover between various franchises with busty women. Mai from KoF, Dizzy from GG, and Lili from Tekken are in the game. I don't actually know anything about Queen's Gate, no bully.

I don't just mean Kim Wu is ugly, I also mean she's an SJW pandering badly written shithead of a character who makes no sense and is trying her hardest to be Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Just with her ugly character design and cringe-inducing dialogue she single-handedly killed my interest in the game.

Whoever designed her should be beaten with an oar.

Just listen to her talk, euhhhhgh I'm so fucking E D G Y

haha wow i do love fighting games thanks to phoenix wright and frank west

I'm 31, and boy do i struggle with cross ups, that shit is the worst, at least an over head you can expect, but crossups are plain 50/50 in some cases unless you can pixel perfect measure the incoming jump.

Regarding the music, you picked one of the good tracks, but for every track like that one there are two tracks like Fulgore's awful theme that isn't even a melody or anything resembling music. It's mostly just random guitar and synthesizer noise interspersed with spurts of generic metal.

I think Mick Gordon is kind of a hack and he's a better producer than he is a composer. They should've got Robin Beanland back to do all the music.

Not much to know. It's Queen's Blade with characters from other IPs. There's also Kasumi (DOA), Iroha, Mina and Cham Cham (SamSho) and Ivy, Taki and Pyrrha (SC).

"AIHAB'A FWIKKIN' DWAGHON!"

Will KI's Steam version work on Windows 7? Also it says "buy" but I'm sure it was free on Windows store?

There's a "free version" where you only get to play as one character which rotates every month, but you get access to all modes.

The paid version gets you all of the characters (except one - it's hard to explain)

I think Definitive edition does not include the last 4 DLC characters (each for $5), it was just all that came up to the "end" of Season 3 plus the OST, some documentaries and one of those shitty gold skins for Gargos, everything after Eyedol's release, that means Kilgore, Shinsako, and Eagle has been according to the devs a push between community and devs to keep the game going further with the proceeds going to support tournaments or more content.

Free to try, character rotation is every week, a month would be too slow, you wouldn't get to play half the cast in an entire year.

KI on Steam? WIll give it a try since it's not a W10 or Xbone exclusive now
youtube.com/watch?v=B5_aRsGiHwo

Pokken had some fucking incredible sets today at CEO, if anybody has even a modicum of interest in the game or wants to see what it's like competitively, check them out.

The Muscle vs Scatz and the losers sets (not the first ones) of Kino vs Gibus especially were fucking amazing. I'll even link to the exact time in the VoD to spoonfeed people if they just want to see those if anybody asks

drop me your best SF/KoF lewds fellas

anyone goes except juri and ibuki begone thots

What do Japs eat to train up?
ramenraff.blogspot.ca/2017/06/ramen-and-more-at-cool-mac-cafe.html

Passable lewds

I'm personally a big fan of Chun getting railed by horse dick.

It's a strangely extensive genre.

There's a thread on /vp/

General SF lewds, not all Chun taking horse dick.

fuck that is.. hot

why the fuck are there so many of these pics from different artists but its all the same chun li costume too
its not even a good costume

They have been SJW pandering from the very beginning, and if you had a minimum doubt, you just had to see how some of them even followed @femfreq on Twitter

Btw, Kim Wu's Retro Costume is a modified version of the actual costume she had in KI2.

I can still react to stuff really well, but my finger and hand dexterity took a serious hit. I could do shit like EWGFs, doing Akira's palm move (from crouch, back, forward+P) almost instantly without even needing to set it up and I could do 360s and pretzels raw without setting them up either. Nowadays even after a week of not practicing I need about half an hour to practice a bit so I don't fuck up DPs.

Hey man, you just accurately described the genres of metalcore and deathcore

Overall thoughts on the MvC:I demo? How did Marvel manage to convince Capcom to make a glorified movie trailer that turns Capcom characters into wannabe Avengers?

Did KoFXIV's Steam userbase pick up? It seems to be suffering for having released so close to Tekken.

GOTY

she's ugly as shit anyway

It's not a good port as it's really poorly optimized and you have to enable V-Sync via your GPU Control center or you will get screen tear on non-Free/Gsync monitors. SNK said Sony wasn't interested in Cross-Play so it's not going to get it either. The whole thing is dead on arrival, unfortunately.

Still waiting on that Tekken 7 PC gift guys.

[email protected]/* */

Autistic commissioners. Somebody with a very specific fetish and a ton of cash will hit up a bunch of different artists, looking for variants of the same thing. Hell, one of them even has his own 8ch board.
>>>/1428/

Also about one month after Injustice and about 2 weeks after XRD Rev 2. The timing of these games were really retarded

Recently got into GG rev2 and actually have enjoyed all the episodes and the main stories. Is it worth it to get the older games for the story? I know at the very least I should probably get sign or watch it on youtube but do the other older games have much of a story? I mean I am sure the games themselves are good but the multiplayer is probably dead by now.

LOL

What does "win" even mean in this context? Number of views? That is one hell of a retarded metric.

I think amount of hype generated. Thats what E3 is for amirite?

That effort to "tone down" Orchid came directly from Microsoft. Double Helix already had pic related Orchid's retro costume ready to ship (it was teased in a book published weeks before the release of the game), until someone told them to change it last minute. It's not like Microsoft is short of feminists with weird hair colours in key positions precisely, so it's not hard to guess which "ideology" might be behind this (and also to Kim Wu's retro costume not being as accurate as it should).

I've seen that ugly ass cat furry about twenty times without realizing its commissioner had set up shop here…

Thunder's godly DP will also destroy him. Rash is really only a meanie to characters without a good DP or a teleport. Most of the cast has either. And the few that dont well they re gonna have their ass tongued by the frog.

Yeah, I know. Mick Gordon's a fucking SJW cuck which explains why most of the music is so shitty.

Everything that's poor in quality can be attributed to having something wrong in your brain that makes you go SJW.

New Soulcalibur retconning V when?

time to get a hitbox user

it's a trade show so the amount of coverage and impressions generated i guess. evolve also 'won' e3.

the xrd series story is a literal multi-hour cutscene that you can just watch on youtube.

old gg story mode has branching paths and gimmicks/boss fights but it is still a fighting game story so the whole thing is basically a contrivance to set up a series of fights. potemkin has the best story arc tbh.

Does this woman have a prominent role in KI's development? Is she able to "change things", so to speak? I just checked her Twitter account and she's following no less than Feminist Frequency, Brianna Wu and Zoe Quinn.

You couldn't have more red flags than that.

I never understood her skin colour when Jago has much paler skin

Yes, she's changed things.

Namely she changed Thunder's outfit to be more "culturally appropriate" In Season 3. The design is barely changed at all, he only has slightly different hair, but it just goes to show you what they waste their time and resources on

That's a new costume though, not his main outfit.

Fuck yeah, now to find out were I can get that Vanessa classic pants texture edit.
Never EVER play KOFXIV on a 6 year old graphics card with outdated drivers

For that chart? View totals on youtube. More people watched the DBZtrailer than Marvel

Haven't seen that first Mika before so I guess it's fair that I share. First Capcom.

SNK

Gonna toss in Namco so we can have the trifecta of mattress actress creators.

Holy shit T7 is pissing me off so much today. All I'm seeing are the same fucking characters, Hwo, Asuka and worst of all that shitskin Eddy with his retarded idle pose always looking like he's about to piss his pants and I keep eating the mixups like a retard because my defense is utter fucking garbage. The worst thing though is having to watch those intro cutscenes over and over because the retarded fucking faggot players are too dumb to press the damn start button. Yesterday was going so well, I played decently against all kinds of characters, ranked up from 2nd dan to 5th but today I'm back to 3rd because I keep losing to the same goddamn characters and I just can't adapt. I already know that in a few weeks when I learned their stupid fucking mixup strings it's not going to be an issue anymore but until then it's going to be really painful. Especially since everyone picks these same characters because they know they'll easily win on lower ranks just by mashing the same attacks and no one knows how to defend properly.

what are good KOFXIV combos for King, Rock, and Meitenkun?

Stop being so hotheaded. You're letting them get inside your head before the game even starts and mental state has great impact on how you play. I myself almost never hit that too and I do it on purpose. First, delaying the match might give the connection time to further stabilise itself which is good for both parties. Also, people are often in a rush and hate any delays, so not clicking Start is like a mindgame where I either win and make them lose focus or gain nothing if they don't care, so it's worth a try if I feel like it. Your opponents do the very same thing and gain from your impatience. Too bad unlike them I only play Kuma so all but one intros are very short, especially the autistic rage one, but they're all cool.

Still, I see a much higher variety myself. I often fight Alisa, Jin and Devil, Bryan, Lucky Chloe, Katarina, Nina and many others. I haven't seen a single Lars, Heihachi, Gigas or other bear players though.

You're a big guy.

I really want to get into KoF but everytime i get turned off by some thing or other.

For starters i never got their light jabs and kicks. They are too fast, do fuck all damage and chaining two of them is hard as fuck because you can't just mash it, also outside point blank range they are only useful as defensive pokes.

Super meter is another thing. It simply charges too slow and i think we all agree that big damage moves as a comeback mechanic is not OK. I asumme it is slow to prevent people being hit with 2 level 3 DMs in a single round. And speaking of it i think you can only fill like 2 bars at most per round.

Ex moves now have to be max canceled into or you have to announce them beforehand by going into max first which makes the oponnent go on the defensive. This means you cant Ex DP for a safe wake up or punish directly with ex moves so ex defense is not an option, all usage of meter except for blowback and ex roll are for offense. And with these taking an entire bar per use . You would do your best to avoid using them.

Characters, they overlap a lot. I dont have to explain this. Its just wrong.

Well that's because he's complete garbage and unlike Chloe you can't play him for le ebin menes because he's just a big stupid… thing

This was fine. They didn't "change the outfit", they made a new, optional costume and released it as free DLC, and they actually consulted people in the real tribe to make it historically accurate.

If anything, this is how we should want this shit to be handled: We get free content out of it. it's not forced on us, and it's accurate to history.

That's actually not bad, especially if it's just an option.

I'd say that doesn't stop people from playing but a friend was dead set on using Gigas and I haven't seen him play since trying him out.

Does KoF XIV's Just Defend allow air blocks like Garou? I haven't been able to do it yet, just wonder if my timing is off or if XIV's Just Defend is ground only.
Also does anyone have the like to the visible hitboxes mod?

I guess so. I can't help but feel annoyed at waiting those extra few seconds so I'm always going to press start immediately, the load times on PS4 are way too long already. I'm considering buying the PC version too but that would mean I'd have to boot up Windows and I don't feel like using that shitty OS.
Although I'm still mad as fuck, I definitely noticed some improvement today. I'm doing quite a bit better defending against Asuka's mixups and I found a really simple and consistent way to punish a particular string that a Chloe player was doing constantly.
It makes me feel a little better when I realize how incredibly bad most players in the low ranks are when they're in a defensive position. In so many fights I can simply do f,f+4 , f+4~f , 4 (using Jin) over and over again once I get a knockdown and it keeps hitting them. I guess that makes me no better than the Eddy players spamming the same mixups repeatedly but if it works, I'll just keep doing it. Hope it makes them as upset as I tend to become, sometimes that gives you the motivation you need to improve.

My only beef with it is the whole thing like the approach looked like sjw-pandering. Kim is still a bigger offender than Thunder.

Eddy scrubs are easy to beat. They tend to use the same, spammy moves or really risky stuff. Just be patient, and wait for opportunities to punish them.

Gigas is probably the second worst followed by Eliza. Chloe is pretty bad, but with the right juggles and bounce she can put a dent. Chloe's problem is she's annoying and too gimmicky to be effective whereas other characters like Josie do her job better.

Look at Flying Wonkey's old tweets on Gigas's moves and matches. So much of his shit whiffs, and doesn't even work. He really is that bad.

I thought Chloe was supposed to be like Eddy but just annoying as fuck. What makes her so different?

Eddy doesn't need gimmicks, and is actually great to see in the right hands. Chloe is just shit-tier that needs to rely on bounce juggles, throws, and stage gimmicks to do damage (At least from what I've seen when the Japanese picked her in arcades before dropping her). You're better off with Eddy.

The way he moves around makes it really hard to anticipate what he's about to do though, it's going to take me some more time to become familiar with his attacks. Especially when he does the stupid handstand I have no idea what's going on.
Also, at the moment I'm only playing Jin but earlier I looked at Devil Jin and he seems like a lot of fun so I kinda feel like playing him as well. Since I'm still new to Tekken I wonder how hard it's going to be to have a secondary character though. I'm really worried that playing another character will get me confused with the moves as Jin already has a lot of useful ones I'm using frequently. Is it a good idea to try it out now or should I wait until I'm better at the game, if so how do I find out when I'm ready for it?

Maybe Eddy spammers got a little smarter, but one common move you'll see from handstand is a sweep done with the kick buttons. From there, they'll try something flashy or stop from there. Devil Jin is more like a Mishima, since he's more or less T3 Jin. Secondary characters aren't too bad depending on who you pick (I wouldn't recommend someone like Yoshimitsu). Learn how to do things like EWGF if you're picking up any Mishima character.

Well, Jin has the EWHF which is the same input. He and Devil Jin share a few moves in general which makes me believe that it's not too hard to play them both but I'm scared that it's the differences that will mess me up.

Thanks, I'll try to pay attention to that next time I fight against him.

I don't mind them making costumes and shit, but if you want to go culturally appropiate, then they should know native americans never used metal.

I really, REALLY want to have Gigas as my main because he's just this big dumb screaming thing but after looking through some of that Flying Wonkey's stuff I can see the concern but I can't help it. I just want to be a big guy.

I would have thought they'd fix this mash-to-win shit by now.

Do an armour move

How do I do that? I swear, I feel like I can do the same input with Lili, and get one of five different moves.

back dash, sidestep

Lili has the best sidestep in the game, a reversal, shitload of panic moves like 3+4 IIRC which jumps so fucking high she's pretty much playing and you're complaining about that?

I'm pissed because he couldn't just take the win and had to act like a faggot. Sue me.

Get over it.

pretty much flying*

Make me faggot.

Maybe fighting games aren't for you, Dsp/Lowtiergod.

People like you are why I never got into them. I'd always try and get good and ask for advice, and just get faggots like you.

Back and both punches I think is universal armour move.

He told you get over someone being a fag, that's pretty good advice if you actually want to get better at fighting games. You can't be upset over people being dicks all the time.

Armour moves(power crushes) aren't universal, everyone has different input

man just chill out broh

There we go, everyone has one at least.

Asking for advice is a skill and you are terrible at it. I don't even play Tekken but seeing someone supposedly trying to get better call the game mash-to-win sends all the wrong messages.

What if he was right?

And here I thought I'd be free from retarded button-remap-shovelware.
The universe simply doesn't want me to have fun.

So how bad is the kof 14 port? goes into it a bit but are there some things that would prevent you from getting it? Also how bad is the online userbase, hard to get matches? Also I might get rev 2 later so is the deluxe version pack on both rev 1 and rev 2 actually better than getting standard rev 1 and deluxe rev 2? Sorry for the many questions.

What fighting game besides SFV hasn't been claimed "dead on arrival" when ported to PC

A really good combo is this keyboard input: "Kof14 combos"

there's some leeway with your inputs on it as it tends to allow a mis-input or 2 like for ex: "Kof14 cmbos"

You only need to get the give-me-everything bundle if you want the dlc colors and everyone's system voices.

Use practice mode to git gud instead of asking to have your hand held. Tutorials are for faggots.

I haven't run into any of the problems mentioned personally (I had problems but it was on my end, not the games fault). The support forum is pretty busy, but the devs handling the port have a pretty good track record of not abandoning their ports if there is fuck ups.
Longest it took me to get a match was about 5 minutes, the community is solid right now but it's most likely not gonna last since you got so many other fighters on the horizon.
just follow this
Get the All-in-One if you just care about getting Rev1, Rev2 and the DLC characters
Get the Deluxe edition if you want Rev1, Rev2, the DLC characters,all colors and all announcers

tekken is the sort of game where fundamentals transfer heavily across the cast, you just use them with different incentives. learning multiple characters is also useful because it gives you better insight about how to strategize against them. mishimas in particular have a fairly simple gameplan that isn't too hard to learn, it just relies heavily on execution.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyACI1Ns91uTTh2rPBdtb9H36DCuYHDZU

youtube.com/watch?v=cwxKoeYm4HM

that string & the stance followup aren't that dangerous tbh, the first two hits are always duckable and the only low option is reactable & punishable on block. it's also linear iirc. leo is stupidly good but is also a really fair character. all his strings have straightforward counters

are you a fucking retard?

So rev 1 and rev 2 have completely different dlc? I usually get the deluxe version for games i like so my question is if rev 2 deluxe has completely new dlc than rev 1? I might be a complete retard but i can't find a way to compare each deluxe rev version's content.

You should quit while you're ahead if trash talk makes you upset. I don't know how you'd react in fgc events because the fgc still does this shit in events.

Learning multiples also helps because you can figure out how to punish opponents with your main.

Oh cool. Thanks on the rev and kof info.

What stick are you using?

Look into the practice mode options, double nigger. You can even train against some combos. If your dumb ass needs someone narrating concepts you can easily look up Jewtube. I've played Tekken since T2 and back then there were no hand holding for faggots, you learned everything on the spot and perfected your combos in practice mode. There is enough appeal to casuals as is with rage arts, no need for a tutorial when if you had a working brain you'd know to look up shit instead of being spoonfed.

You really have to learn to not get affected by shittalkers. Fighting games I believe are the ones filled most with people who will laugh at you for sucking. Only cawadoody underaged faggots are as much trash talkers as fightan regulars.

Tag 2 had a tutorial, but it was terrible. I didn't feel like I got a grip of the newer tag mechanics because some of them were barely even mentioned. Bouncing and wall juggle tutorials were very poorly done.

You can set up training mode to figure out how to counter moves. That's way better than what Shit Fighter V and even BlazBlue: CS offered (I felt CS had a very half-assed tutorial). Honestly, KI is the only game with a decent tutorial because it actually helps you learn all of the basic gameplay and mechanics. Too bad it's a sjw-pandering, piece-of-ugly-broken shit game.

Again, most fighting game tutorials suck. You're better off with a bare-bone training mode and Youtube videos not made by sjw schmucks like Maximilian or Geoff the Hero (Geoff's Cammy video was a fluke).

Welp, guess I'm avoiding this one even if it gets a non-Steam release (I finally made the move to boycott and kick Steam out of my life like I boycotted Capcom, and I don't miss Steam at all).

ASSFAGGOT games want a minute of your time because you will get shit on if you don't pick the meta character or even miss a hook with someone like Pudge or Blitzcrank.

ASSFAGGOTS are for retards, that's why I didn't think of their shitty fanbase.

yeah i COULD look online but are new players really gonna go to the effort? the game should succeed at introducing itself, the community shouldnt have to introduce the game for it

you shouldnt have to "grind it out" because a good tutorial is becoming the standard for the FGC and it SHOULD BE the standard

you cant just give someone a skateboard with no wheels or grip tape and refuse to tell them where to get it, they're just gonna throw the fucking board away because to them it's trash

A game should be willing and able to explain its most important core concepts to its player. This has been done in every other fucking genre for over 30 years now and fighting games are stuck so far up their own ass that they think poor conveyance somehow helps the FGC

stop being a retarded nigger

Does that mean that if I bought it on the Windows Store cancer I get it on steam as well? Or is that a separate purchase?

Qanba Q1.

I can't really see how it is a bad port, it runs perfectly smooth on my end, maybe get a better PC? i am not joking here, sometimes people just stick with stuff that is simply too old, i won't be surprised if a game from today can't suddenly run without a few bugs on a 2012 card.

Fair enough.

I don't have much but here

Of course not, that would be retarded. At most you'll get a discount

That's what i expect, i hope that we can claim a Steam Key from within the game or the store and it would run on Windows 7 / 8 too, it would be pointless to have the game keep windows 10 as a requirement

Your skateboard analogy is absolute shit. What the game gives you is the full skateboard, what it doesn't tell you outright though is how to do grinds, grabs and flips. To lean that, they give you guidelines and they even provide a padded skate park so you take the time to lean and master them without risking hurting yourself. If you want to become a master at it, you simply have to listen to the advices given to you by older players and practice, practice, practice. If you're too lazy and retarded to do your homework, maybe fighting games aren't made for you.

yeah if a rail and a two-foot ramp is a skatepark then sure but you're only gonna learn to grind before you can learn to push or even keep your balance

there's NO EXCUSE not to have even a barebones tutorial, and tekken 7 gives you NOTHING despite being one of the most unorthodox FGs in the industry and one of the most difficult to grasp

If it's not a bloated spyware you can simply forget about it. They'd rather you use the spyware to play it than give you a way to evade most of it without paying again.

If it made KI accessible to Win 7/8, it would mean MS would have to admit that Windows 10 is horrible and pointless to have for video games like KI. I doubt you'll see KI run on Windows 7 or 8 with KI being nearly completed.

That's exactly what I expect they'll do. I fucking hate that company for so many reasons.

You can try this
steamcommunity.com/app/571260/discussions/3/2333276539594065561/

Older Tekken games were much easier and simpler before Harada ruined them with juggles, just frames, and dash mechanics. Tekken's problems were it got too bloated for it's own good, and Harada started to drop the ball with 6. It was so much easier to learn other characters in the first 3 games. I still think Kuma and Mishimas are easier to learn than say Akira or Vanessa from Virtua Fighter (you still need a doctorate's degree in VF to use them properly, and this is coming from someone who figured out how to use Shun, who is another hard character).

juggles are great though, my favorite type of combos

Gonna give this a try, cheers.

Juggles were great when they didn't last forever or take off a whole bar in three seconds with or without the shitty rage mechanics from 6 & 7(yes, it's a matter of not sucking). Seeing Mishima and top-tier juggles in and out of tourneys also gets boring as fuck (Which is all you see in US Tekken tourneys).

how does fgg feel about bloody roar

Jenny is diamond inducing and I miss Primal Fury, and I've always wanted to try out 3's debug mode.

I really hope Konami never digs up it's corpse to rape it

Loved it on PS1, died after 2 IMO. I still remember pissing off everyone playing against me when I used the old mole since I'd keep juggling them forever. They even insisted on using health recovery mode in 1 against me since otherwise I'd wipe them out in less than 30 seconds.

URIKO A BEST

In case we forgot that SFV is a piece of shit game, and pros still hate playing it despite what Wong and his shill buddies are saying…

I haven't played it since launch. What does he mean it's 50/50? Is there no way to gauge skill any more or something?

It means it's about as balanced as Mario Party

So we can all agree this will kill MVC right?

which is to say not at all, I get that, but when I played it at launch I never felt like any losses were due to luck or random chance. If I outskilled somebody it was pretty easy to wipe them out. I was just wondering if that changed or perhaps I missed something.

Not trying to defend Capom or the mess that was SFV mind you.

kalavinka.co.uk/GUILTY/
kalavinka.co.uk/EMBER/
post results.

I played Dengeki Bunko Ignition on launch and wiped the floor with everyone with the Kuroko.
My domination on the servers stopped once everyone learned my tricks so the launch window is not a good indicator of the metagame.

I kek'd.

every pro hates it but they cant stop playing because its the only game that you can consistently make any money from.

Machabo the best guilty gear player had to start playing SFV because no one would sponsor him.

SF battered housewife detected.
Nobody will buy your shit game and people have moved on, no matter how much you lie and try to damage your competition.

if I was a "pro player", SFV probably would have been the game to push me to get a real job. The money ain't worth it for all the time you have to spend playing that turd

SFV season 1 was better then 2, you pretty much have zero os and defense options now as capcom thinks the game is more entertaining if players are just constantly attacking.

anyone here still play melty blood, if so what are you mains pic related

I don't play often but I feel right at home using these two.

I play it casually/rarely but I've played it enough to know that "How to draw anime cover girl" is my main.

Well US tourneys are usually always a joke because you always see the same fucking characters, but regarding bound combos, I really hated (still do) that mechanic because it takes way too long when you're being juggled to get into a state where you can do something, and yeah combos that last a long time are staples in some fighting games, but it wasn't so in Tekken, I still can't fucking adjust to that shit. Tekken was always a jugglefest, no question about it, but at least in DR and the game before it you knew that when you hit the ground that you can start doing something.

God I love Kotono Mitsuishi. She's also playing Kanaka in Tsugumomo and that's just sugoi sugoi.

Accurate

Not my 1st rodeo -Mai (KOF)

Previous thread: archive.is/r1nhF
Except the last few posts about Tekken story that I couldn't save

Hey, does someone of you is pic related from the last thread?
Sorry, I've been busy these days, but I turned on the frame display thing and look how I did it. "df + LK -> LP -> f, qcf + HK" is, as I thought, d.LK, st.LP -> Trap Shot(dp+HK). But you should look for shortcuts like the ones described in the OP guide. Look how I input the forward command before doing the LP and then did the rest of the dp motion. This applies to many situations like the old "hit a low normal and cancel into a qcf/qcb special by just hiting the rest of the inputs since down was already pressed".

fgc, what's your current fav game?

So who are you guys maining in the Kemono Friends fightan?

MvC:I Chun looks bad

Have you considered not being a huge poobabby faggot who can't handle bants?

Cool idea ruined by you-know-who.

I thought transformations were the coolest shit when I was a kid. Bakuryu and Long were my bros and no one wanted to play with me.

Usagi?

Not anyone in particular, just furries.

felicia isn't furry and the wolfman can transform back into a human. He's just a monk. Felicia doesn't even seem to have an interest in sex either, isn't the whole magical cat aspect artificial with her too?

I used that image because it had furries and fightan in it, and was thus marginally more relevant than any given image containing only furry autism.

It should say "draw yourself alongside your favorite character!". Not as a furshit, that's retarded.
I find it more fun to be thrown to the wind as I am rather than some kinda fan fiction.

It's sad that they tied him to batman to honor his memory instead of just using his face.

literally who

would you punch a boob

yes with my cock

what the fuck kind of question is this

Rip in frames

Holy fuck that SFV drop, 61% loss

How much longer is the EVO entries opened for? Because those are huge drops in numbers.

It's the only main game I'm gonna bother watching this year outside of Rev2. I'm gonna end up watching more of Anime EVO than actual EVO

We may be facing another period of decline for fighting games with these numbers, and honestly, considering the state of fighting games and games in general, I'd be fine with that. If it can stop the devs from pandering to the "E-Sports" crowd, and have them go back to what attracted us to them in the first place and improve upon with players in mind, I say let it rest/die for now.

Meant to say "attracted us to the games". Forgot to proofread my post

(checked)
Speaking of, is there somewhere where I can find info on when exactly the Hokuto no Ken tournamet starts?

We can tell.

There's lots of indie devs making fighting games now too. So this might be either a fighting game renaissance or another dark age.

archive.is/7SAVg
what

Last time I checked they haven't posted the actual schedule yet, just what games are gonna be there. It will probably pop up in these threads eventually before evo starts

SFV is gonna borrow Namco's netcode because they fucked up.

Maybe it's for Tekken X Street Fighter?

God I hope it is that.

I bet it's not gonna fix it. I think it's incompetence of Capcom on top of something inherently fucky with crossplay API. How many games use UE4 and crossplay together?

that's what i've done for the past few years, poverty streams and game variety remind me of what made evo fun in the first place. hopefully gundam and puyopuyo get a good turnout. tekken and gg are the only main stage games i really care about at this point, sfv isn't even good for background noise like sf4 was since it has all the no fun allowed srs business esports rules.

animevo scheduling tends to happen closer to the actual event

twitter.com/anime_evo?lang=en is the best place to get information

we were having 30-man tournaments in xiii two years ago

honestly the variety of games available now is better than it has been in a number of years. evo is still primarily an american tournament and gg, kof and tekken have never been america's games in the way sf and mahvel were. i have no problem seeing smaller turn outs if it means more games get to share the spotlight. smashfags should really fuck off to their own events though.

I thought last year was supposed to be the last time it was at evo?
I bet Mr Jew Wizard is crying about how little participant fee money he'll get this year.

Are we entering another fighting game dark age? Will it only affect capcom, or will everyone be affected this time?

Mr. Wizard decided this year that people could vote for one of nine games with their money of course to decide what EVO's ninth game was going to be. UMvC3 ended up the winner, with Pokken taking second place.

Please stop with this meme.

Yeh, I can vaguely remember that now, I think Justin Wong put a few thousand dollars at the end of it so marvel would win.

It refers to the tourney scene doesn't it? it was pretty dead from 2006 up until sf4 came out then it picked up again.

Here's hoping, user.
that's honestly the best thing that could happen for SF right now

Nah the best thing that could happen to SF right now is Street Fighter EX4

Where did I imply that "I only played capcom's shit"? The numbers for most of the games have dropped compared to last year. Not saying that bigger=better, as mentioned it can give other games a good time in the spotlight, but after seeing what they did/forced to happen at last years EVO finals due to it being hosted on ESPN, I think people are less willing to go and be restricted for American TV standards, but some are forced to because it's their livelihood. And if it does go into a dark age, or as mentioned and opportunity for indie devs and lesser known FG devs to shine, why not let it happen? Last thing the genre needs is to fall into the same fate as other genres have; pandering to the lowest common denominator and SJW(eebs) that will never buy the game while they bitch at the "triggering" material all for the sake of getting as much money as possible, regardless of how the loyal fanbases think of said pandering.

Why can't we get rid at least of melee ? No other game gets 2 entries, fuck these jews and their autist pandering

Could the honorary arians and rest of chinks be holding for Evo Japan instead?

Because of these entry numbers. It's why we also can't get rid of Smash altogether, because it's now like half of these venues.

please don't use insults here user

I don't get why melee still pulls numbers, it's skill ceiling was hit years ago. That's why the tourney winners are the same 5 people, every year it's the same fights and the same characters.
At least with other fighting games you see a bit more character diversity and balance patches keep shaking things up.

so pic related?

I'm pretty sure there is more, but it being easy and nintendo are probably the two biggest reasons.

I don't even like anime, i'd just play it for the lolis then i'd probaly forget about it 2 days later since there are better loli fightan

SNK's revival is already dead before it even started

I honestly wouldn't mind if Arcsys released some of these story costumes as dlc. I swear to god Robo-ky better be soon.

the port is really that bad?

The only way you'll ever get costumes in Xrd is if they're very minor alterations like Xrd Dizzy to Classic Dizzy and Elphelt 1.0->2.0. If they have to fuck around with a lot of shaders they might as well make a new character with the time and effort.

Launched broken. There is no V-Sync or FPS lock setting at all which causes massive tearing and even AMD/Nvidia's forced V-Sync can cause the game to go haywire. Netcode is worse than the PS4 version. Doesn't work on some GPU's SNK claims to support. Lots of hard crashes and bad performance. Game is fucked, sadly.

It will be patched ™

SNK is still saving vidya r-right?

as long as they fix it and not focus on movies and mobile shit?

For a moment I forgot effort was put into this game.

Guess I lucked out, cause I haven't run into any problems on my machine outside of slightly slower load times than the PS4 version.
I still hope SNK learns their lesson for the next game, like do a longer beta period and don't release the PC version so far after the console release.
Also fuck sony for cockblocking crossplay yet again for another game

I don't think it's that bad, but to be fair, it's still their damn fault, they can blame no one but themselves. Next time they'll think before making their game PS4 exclusive without releasing arcade version at least, that alone was a huge mistake which decided the fate of the game since the beginning, only absolute madmen ignore arcade market, the main income for fighting games. No one was that dumb to make such stupid decision, even stupidest Capcom didn't fuck up as much, at least they released the game on PC and PS4 while they also received full budget for SF5 development instead of some shitty marketing campaign. But hey, at least they didn't release it for Xbone only, that would completely kill them and there would be no "next time" anymore.
Hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes, but if the past taught them nothing I doubt they learned anything. They should've released the game for arcades first and then brought both PC and PS4 version at the same time, PC version wouldn't be as buggy and people wouldn't whine about delayed release for PC. The game would be much more successful in that case, not to mention that their only competition on arcades would be Xrd and perhaps Tekken 7.

To be honest KOF didn't need to go back to being 98/2002

IMO XIII almost had it if it wasn't for the fact they made it touch of death. All they had to do is refine XIII gameplay and we would have a masterpiece.

Another thing is that China and Mexico are poor countries, people are not willing to spend money on a PS4 or a gayman PC, and that is exactly the reason that the old SNK games are still very alive in those countries, because even the shittiest netbook can run fightcade or emulate them.

The only other costume I can see them doing is one for Jack-O when she's replaced by "Happy Chaos" or whoever they were talking about in Raven's story. Considering how Revelator ended, Jack-O (now Aria) will become Justice, and Happy Chaos will replace Jack-O and if what they did with Elphelt is any indication, will have the original Jack-O look and intro as either an ingame unlockable, DLC, or both. All the while bringing only 1 new character and 1 or 2 returning characters (my prediction being Robo-ky and Anji with what was revealed in Rev 2

Arcades are dead outside of Japan and big cities.

One of the reasons the original PS4 release was considered market suicide was that PS4's worst region is Latin and South America due to the massive taxes on the consoles while Xbones aren't taxed as heavily because they are assembled in Mexico and Brazil. Xbone actually sells well in South America and Latin America. So had the game been a full multi-plat and released on all platforms they could have, it would have been a success. But because Sony money-hatted it to try break China and Latin America (Markets they had no strategy in anyway), it was a flop because it was on a console financially out of reach to most players. Like, it never would have been xbone exclusive but it would have sold better full stop if it was released on xbone and PC at the same time (And there was a rumor on mmcafe that it was being developed for a tri-platform release till Sony waved a cheque in SNK's face for timed on the PC version and never for the xbone version. Looking at it now, it seems the work that was done on the original PC version was given to an outsource dev as well.)

SNK really have themselves to blame.

Judging by what SNK has been doing now, they're going to be riding this KoFXIV train for a while so I'm betting multiple ports will happen over time

Many characters need visual updates though. Ky and Sol need at least a new sword, Venom a whole costume to be up to date with the story while adding Happy Chaos and maybe Bedgirl. If they implement all those changes and add enough characters, the next one will definitely be a full sequel.

I also hope my main Robo-Ky is there. I'd fucking pay 60 dollars for him alone. I'd love Ariels in many ways too and as the guilty gear world dictionary thing confirms she's alive, Ishiwatari might finally add the hot milf and make me pleased. It still boggles my fucking mind in Rev1 such a nobody as Haehyun that nobody plays or likes was added instead of the main villain responsible for everything bad in all the games. How do they decide that? Nothing makes any fucking sense.

I would have been fine if they build off of XIII, stopped touches of death and actually fully developed the characters. I can't go back to XIII's botched characters, it's the main reason why I consider XIV the better game regardless of art style and gameplay.

It's a goddamn travesty is what it is. I'm all for new characters but at least make them memorable or interesting; whenever Haehyun is mentioned half the time I have to look them up because I rarely ever see him. I'd kill for Ariels though, I'd rather here maniacal laughter over WHOOHOO and HAJJIWASHOJI every other attack.

Are fighting games not allowed to have superior PC ports? Also is SFV the only fighting game that has crossplay with PC now?

Everyone demands every fighting game to have crossplay now that SFV did it, while forgetting that game was funded by Sony who are otherwise humongous assholes about crossplay. It's not something anyone can just slap on their game.

Also, T7's port is far superior to the PS4 version if you don't count Denuvo and so is Xrd's.

Yes until Killer Instinct Steam Edition comes out. Sony is back to being arrogant sony and cranked their kikery up to 11, so unless the game has big financial ties to sony like SFV did; there won't be PC/PS4 crossplay

I never really liked SFEX tbh

Faggot

call me what you want, it still won't change my opinion

S-so we are getting that VF5:FS port soon, r-right guys?

Immediately someone sends me a Tekken 7 PC copy.

I may not change your opinion, but you're opinion is bad In my opinion

The one port a month dream is dead

An Usagi Yojimbo fighting game would be pretty cool

Why it hurts so much? It's horrible to see that XIV it's not really that popular when it's a pretty fun game. You tried SNK, you tried.

SF will always be on the top no matter how hard Capcom fucks it up, take joy in how capcom's fuck ups have caused other actually good fighting games to gain in popularity instead. 61.5% less entrants compared to last year is pretty drastic.

It mentions Capcom's patents. I wonder if they're providing the IP, Bamco provides the actual developers, and they both walk away with cross-platform netcode.

Then what do we do?

Cry

So Koihime Enbu got a price drop on steam and is getting a PS4 port, anyone here play it?
Worth 20 bucks if I'm just gonna play casual locals?

Ky might go back to using the Thunderseal if Dizzy's episode mode is any indication.

continue to shitpost on Holla Forums

fair enough

I'm actually okay with this.

Finally learn how to set up netplay for VF4:Evolution

Is this still relevant?

Fucking illiterate niggers, goddammit.

So their implementation of Megaman X in MVCI is really fucking disappointing.

They only gave him four projectiles from the games themselves, one of which doesn't even function the way it does in the original games. Then he has this completely useless "point blank buster" thing where he fires a little shotgun blast from his buster. He also gets a really lame armor install super, and the only thing it does is give him the ability to fire a second charged shot after his first one. Apart from that he only gets a couple of really lame projectile supers and a generic cinematic level 3 involving the Ultimate Armor.

He's shaping up to be so uninspired and boring that it's fucking ridiculous. All the talent and imagination at Capcom left years ago.

The VF player hasn't hanged himself, so no.

VF needs to be changed to this

Everytime

With respect for those dubs, how about this?

Fucking perfect.

I adore this meme having taken on a life of its own, but aside from general game preservation, what is the appeal of Virtua Fighter? All I know about is it strips out much of the bullshit you have in 2D fighting games and gives you normals, throws, and nothing else, but I wonder if I'm missing something.

Less juggling then tekken, spacing is more important especially when ring outs are thrown in and Quest Mode is the best single player mode ever added to a fighting game series.
Virtua Fighter is to Tekken what Fatal Fury is to Street Fighter. You got similar cores, but there are some unique mechanics between the games that give extremely different experiences. Some prefer one game over the other.

I need to make more VF webms

We need boxes for MK, Injustice, and Pokken

Waiting for a Hori is suffering, even though I won't be able to use it for a few weeks anyway. Too hype over my first arcade stick

which one did you buy?

i only know vf5 fs and basically nothing about old virtua fighter so some of this may be wrong
the whole rps attack/block/throw game is far more evenly weighted than in other games so essentially every possible action has a counter which results in a very mindgame-centric fightan. damage is so high and the potential for ring outs means that at any point a good read can completely change the outcome of a match.
ring outs also allow the stage design variety to be much larger than what is present in tekken without becoming gimmicky like doa stages.

Do steam refunds return money back to the card or does the amount go to the steam wallet? I'm thinking of getting the deluxe kof version and want to see if it works on my system, if not then just getting the refund.

Yes. I refunded the kof 2002 port because i thought it was going to be as good as the ps2 version but it was shit. I claimed false advertising. Got my $2 back

steam refunds will just put the money in your steam wallet. You've already used the card's code, what made you think it was gonna go back to the card?

The refunded money goes to the steam wallet, just pirate the game if you want to test it out.

You can choose where the refund goes.

Hyper DBZ is fun

When did they change that? I haven't refunded anything in a long as time.

meant credit/debit card but yeah apparently you get an option on the refund screen to go to the card or the wallet.

Sponfeed me those times, please. Been interested in this game since seeing it during the Treehouse E3 stream.

Don't know but I have refunded to the card multiple times.

Nice digits

RAP4 Kai. Was considering the Hayabusa as well (especially since I know more Xbone/360 owners than PS3/4 owners) but it wasn't in stock anywhere and almost none of them play fighting games anyway. I live in Canuckistan so availability is the biggest factor unfortunately.

It's entertaining. The gods have been getting slowly more and more mortal, and the impending coaching revisions might help cement their "downfall". Then again, it's all scripted anyway

Only at an intermediate level when you have people using Ganondorf and Bowser with some degree of success. Once life-changing money is at stake, you can't justify picking an ass character and being shinespiked four times. I honestly find the mindless tech in Melee more interesting than the neutral decisions; playing fighting games have made me realize how shallow the game is outside of bizarre corner tech like Ganondorf having chain grabs on half the cast.
M2K is dead again and Leffen sometimes cracks under pressure, but HBox and Armada are still years ahead of most players, barring some wildcards like Armada nearly drowning in pools at Evo 2016. Mango is still a drunk, although he seems to have banished the thot. PPMD is still dead.

Sure user, both were in twitch.tv/videos/152559808

Muscle vs Scatz is from 06:35 to 15:30; Gibus vs Kino starts at 03:30:10, and are the last sets of that stream.

If you want more after that, let me know, there were other very exciting sets from pools and especially top 16 on top of that.

KI's W10 version already has crossplay though

I find it much harder to play at my level than any other fighting game. It's fun, but I really struggle with movement.
Hbox has been slowly getting stuffed by more and more players, namely plup, wizzy, and sfat along with a few other have been making him sweat. Plus, after CEO, in which plup reset the bracket and was dominating him, people pointed fingers at how hbox got coached halfway through the set and suddenly pulled a win out of his ass, which may lead to coaching revisions. Armada is a tougher nut to crack, but his matches with smashgod, s2j, and silent wolf prove its not over yet.
or we just have to hope armada gets knocked into losers early by mango

So I got kof but my QANBA Q2 pro doesn't work. Only the first 4 buttons work but the stick and the rest of the buttons don't work. Who else is having stick problems and which ones are the ones actually usable at the moment? Messed around with the in game options and the steam big picture mode thing but no luck. The game looks great on my system but I'm not gonna put more than the 2 hr refund limit until i know if something is being done about controller support.

If a VF6 ever happens I hope they keep the voice acting at the same quality level

HOLY FUCKING WHAT

did you do this ?

That peach is actually awful
Anybody can look good if they play against a bad player
evidence: youtube.com/watch?v=7D7tsfUaPvM

Fixed that for you, lad. Wouldn't want people thinking you were referring to Melee as a fighting game now, would we?
Like I said, I appreciate the tech more than anything in Melee because I like how busted it can be. Sadly, it's too coarse for anything resembling a healthy game because you have to use awful controllers and give yourself carpal tunnel in order to push three separate buttons to do a backdash hundreds of times per set.

Still annihilates everyone who isn't top 15 in the world due to him playing like a faggot for minutes on end and refusing to share his strategies with anyone. Fuck, Leffen discovers tech for his opponents and shares it on his YouTube channel but Hbox is too concerned about those shekels to avoid parking the bus.
Numerically speaking, Armada doesn't lose to people who haven't been playing the game for 10+ years. That kind of dominance does speak to his skill as a player (and his skill at hunting defective controllers to make his inputs 3% easier to the point he refuses to play without them), but it doesn't happen in other competitive games. It's the definition of a stale meta.
Dude, it's been over for five years. I can't remember the last time somebody who wasn't a contender for best in the world won a major tournament.

Even so, there's such an enormous and unforgiving tier difference anyone should be able to beat a character as bad as Bowser with Peach. Here's a better example, I suppose.

Bowser has a single "tool" in his kit. His up b. maybe his get up attack, but it turns to shit after 100%

I've reached apathy. I'm ready for chimpouts either way.
I'm sure I have some shrugging anime girls on this compy, but I'm not in the mood for searching.

I dunno, man. I've seen so many players get tantalizingly close recently. I'm not willing to give up hope so quickly. Maybe thats retarded or autistic or whatever, but I just like watching this game.

I do want to note that I acknowledge that melee is a broken game and the lack of diversity can get a bit boring at times. It's why I prefer PM

It is, but I get you. I spent upwards of a year watching Melee because I thought fightan was too difficult before trying it myself and realizing all the bullshit a player must endure is overbearing. I still have a fucking CRT in my room because I didn't feel like buying a gamecube adapter for my PC, and those were my only two options. I'll still skim the doubles archives at major tournaments since I think the game is actually quite fine in doubles; it's close to what Sakurai intended without being so chaotic as to be unpredictable. In that vein, I will also watch some of n0ne's sets with top players because he actually takes risks and because he's a filthy canuck like me.

You do you, man. The smashfags in my town are very friendly and there are multiple events every week, but goddamn I cannot stand the game unless I'm playing Samus, and even then I can't kill people until 150+%.

his strategies are plain to see
puff players are way too stupid for their own good, Hbox is an average player, playing a top 8 carry, hence why he does so well.

What was the point of this video? Kage beat a puff that didnt puff enough

P:M's greatest weakness is its lack of technical diversity and a bad roster to work off of, If you had a melee-esque game with 5 different spacies all with diverse tech, 5 different fast heavy hitters all with diverse tech, and 5 different unsafe spacers with frame traps all with diverse tech, it would be the most glorious melee game thats ever existed. Trying to turn characters like ivysaur and dedede into fighting game characters makes it really difficult to stay true to the character while also making a fun to play AND fun to fight character. More often then not, Dumb looking characters tend to play Dumb as well.

But Don't think I didn't play the fuck out of P:M for the longest time, because I thought it was an awesome game, I took games off midwest giants like kels, Orly, dart, double, and Oro

I think most people with souls would like to believe the optimal strategy involves acknowledging your opponent exists and not intending to run out the clock from second one.
The best way I heard it described was that Melee's balance was a happy accident because the three fastfallers are three of the best characters in the game, which leads to combos existing instead of Brawl and Tr4sh which are glorified neutral simulators. There are more middleweights and bantam/welterweights in PM, so the combos tend to be more generic. I appreciate the game's existence because everything is so goddamn fast, but I never played it much.
See, now you need to give me archive links or you look like a faggot.

Most people with souls don't make top eight so joke's on them I guess.

What was your tag? I might have seen vods of you once

God bless abate

I mean, beating kels and orly is pretty good, but he's far from beating pm giants like machiavelli, ipk, reslived, sosa, lz, thunderzreign, emukiller, switch, etc.

That's seriously the best description I've ever heard
I'm not in a scene for any smash game, but I love watching melee. I tend to prefer playing 4 tho, because it's faster than brawl and I like getting reads. I've tried to get good at melee in the past, but the skill gap is so huge between veteran and novice players since the game has been out for so fucking long. I have vain hope that samurai will make smash 5 a true successor to melee so I can get in on the ground floor, but I know that'll never be a reality. fuck

For a while I thought of 4 as even shittier than brawl, but all the balance patches have slowly added up and turned it into a much more bearable game. Not on the level of Hal labs smash, but not egregiously bad.

I'm pretty sure mashpotato samurai is off smash for good, but the problem is I doubt that Hal will be able to touch another smash game now that nearly all developers of fighting and/or competitive party games are trying to dumb down games for acessibility

I've put a lot of time into Paul and I've hit the ceiling where people know how to block all of the 50/50s unless I catch them with their pants down, meaning I now have to learn Tekken neutral. Any advice?

I'm also thinking of looking at Bryan as a second character to learn since he's also a sway character, and boy actual juggles combos are finicky compared to the basic shit that Paul does.

forgot to remove flag

I should probably be tired of this video by now.

They could make a game as slow as Tr4sh if they just gave me my movement mechanics, which is bizarre considering Super Fucking Mario is in the game; you'd think they would know how to have platformer physics work. An octagonal airdash, ledge cancelling, momentum, downward attacks which actually send people downward - any one of these would make the game bearable but it's so insufferably slow AND shallow as is.

And give me back Ice Climbers, you fucks. I'm still angry they made the roster strictly worse because the 3DS version can't handle the character while justifying awful clones with "well the roster is better than if we didn't have them :^)"
tfw daisy never ever playable

I like to be a big guy, so I main Jack-7 but it's just so infuriating that in every installment Big Guys aren't really viable since people like Alisa can just annihilate me without much thought.

Never said I was godlike and none of my upsets (nor my wolf) are on stream cause later in my smash career i got tired of waiting for the stream tv and would just play on any setup, thus putting my matches where i get knocked out in semis or finals on steam. Your 100% right in saying melee is best described as a happy accident but a lot of smash babies who don't leave pools will tell you otherwise.

I also don't want to give out my name cause pooch is sometimes on here, and I dont want to have to deal with that guy since the community treats him like an autistic god.

So max dood in a stream just talked about how a marvel vs soul calibur crossover is most probably gonna happen. judging by how hes known about games months before they are announced due to having inside info through friends in the industry i wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Okay, but why

Why is KOF14's EVO2017 numbers so low?

I'll webm the snippet tomorrow

I think I know why.

More burger-pandering crossover trash.

Wouldn't a Soul Calibur x Toshinden, Samurai Shodown or Last Blade crossover make more sense?

Sounds retarded enough to be true but would they cuck Capcom like that?

Another reason to hate Mr. Wall

I fucken LOOOVED those games back in the day.
The fourth one was an absolute piece of shit though.

Same reason why SFV is still high; people hate fun and care more about money.

For what purpose. Wolverine wouldn't even be part of the game if it was real.

GORONYCH NAKORURU

How is 14 anyhow? I absolutely detest the jump from 2D to 3D, I really wished they would have stuck to it, and I'm a little upset that my boy terry isn't higher tier, but does it still play well?

didn't know pooch browses Holla Forums. Were you in his region? Does he have dirt on you? If you're 100% out of the scene, why would it matter what he sees? Fuck him, I say

unless you're planning on coming out of retirement and taking the next PM circuit

It's closer 98/02 than XIII, but the inputs are more lenient than the older games. It's a good entry and worth checking out if you like the series.
Honestly I'm glad it went 3D, HD 2D was not financially feasible and you could really tell where they had to cut corners to save money in XIII.

I do like kof, but the problem with 02 for me was the necessity of knowing more than just terry. I have a tentative grasp on yuri and ryo, but I constantly have to rely on terry to anchor. it's more fun in SvC where I can play terry without any extra baggage until my opponent picks geese

For the love of god no.

oh great, can't wait for more antman and gamorrah

Terry/Yuri/Ryo are all pretty solid in the game especially Ryo since he's got some nice invincibility frames. Personally I've had a easier time learning characters in XIV than other KoF games (Except Vice, I will never be able to play her), I'd suggest just pirating it and seeing how things work out for you.

There's Rock too if you want a Terry with some counters but worse normals.
The throw loop was fixed in the 2.01 version

Pick one, then git gud

how do you solve a main crisis

been trying to play street fighter 5 lately and everything was fine the first year or so with birdie but everything's gone downhill season 2

I can't find a single character who actually suits my playstyle

I played Makoto in Ultra 4 and 3s (though im shit at both of them) and she was the first i played. People have told me to play Necalli but he's so braindead and dull that I can't even enjoy winning with him.

Have you considered playing a good game?

from a core gameplay standpoint I enjoy it, I'm just struggling to find a character I enjoy

Do you guys think Makoto gets called Mankoto because of her big, hairy manko ?

forget mahvel

WHEN'S CVS3?

Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather have a SvC2. Might not be perfect or as fancy looking but at least SNK makes games for players and not esports bottom feeders.

when capcom pulls its head of out of its ass

Even that Marvel vs Soul Calibur crossover sounds more appealing than a CvS3 by modern capcom.

What are some fighting games where MU knowledge is most important?

I'm in the same boat as you fellow Makoto main she suffers so much in USFIV because of the system. None of the characters picks my interest. I'm always with "maybe I'll like Kolin", "maybe Cammy is fun since she has Makoto's SA2". But there's no certainty for me to actually buy the game. I played at a friend's home but the characters felt "stiff" and the V-system looks like it limits them.

(fuckin' checked)

You guys have great taste in mains

Usually if I can't find a main in a street fighter game, I'd just play Ryu. Although I heard Ryu is shit tier in V so it's up to you if you wanna take my advice.

i have an unreasonably difficult time playing shotos

I just can't grasp their shit

KT doesn't have much besides NG and DOA, unless you count the over-dressed, largely forgettable jackasses of their Musou games. Sorry, Mr Double-Dubs but I'd pass. Just put Nyotengu as a guest character in a SNK fighter and I'm good.

Honestly, my wish is for the more feasible thing - Fighters Megamix 2. Sega has a gazillion IPs with tons of good characters and that's without even taking into account the P* stuff they might still own or being buddy-buddy with Atlus.

considering the CvS series is largely more grounded in KoF gameplay than SF gameplay, I wouldn't doubt SNK would largely develop it

yeah sure they toned down the ridiculous jiggle that chun had (which made her tits look floaty and full of air) but hop in training w ith chun li or mika or juri and start moving around, physics are still more than present

So when are ever gonna hear about that Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars!!!!! PC port again?
I know they set up a sign up page for when the crowdfunding goes live but Examu has been silent on it and AH4 since the original creator of the series died.

Have you ever played CvS2 where the most of the SNK characters are so shit and even with their original systems didn't really played like in their original games while Blanka and Sagat rule the cast?

Dunno how that development went but if SFxT and TxSF lol are of any indication, each side pretty much does its own thing with some unwritten ground rules of common sense and decorum.

Stating CvS is SF x KoF is some mandatory disclaimer I missed? I'm sorry but I don't see what my saying of KT having few IPs has to do with Capcom's roster choices.

my dudes im about to go to the game store, what are the best fighting games on ps2?

CvS2 and MvC2

Hokuto no Ken, SoulCalibur II, Tekken Tag Tournament

SoulCalibur II, Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, Kof 98 UM

I'd suggest the darkstalkers collection

cvs2, accent core +r, sc2, sc3AE (good luck finding it),

SCII and III, SFA Anthology (includes Puzzle Fighter), Tekken 5 (includes arcade ports of Tekken 1-3), VF4 EVO and GG AC+.
DS collection and KoF 2002 UM but those are in moonrunes.

Thanks baby, will watch these now.

I really hope DBFZ has a decent roster.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

I hope Bamco doesn't gut it for DLC and inject Denuvo. But I know it will happen

No one in Mexico plays it, sadly. They went back to 98'/02 UM or XIII. China doesn't play it either. It's seen as a good game but not many people can play it. Pulling that kind of shit isn't how you make a comeback, SNK.

HOW THE FUCK DO I PLAY THIS FURFAG PIECE OF SHIT? EVERY GAME I GET STOMPED

Reminder the guy who voiced El Blaze is the same guy who voiced John Mayer of Deep Fear.

I looked up El Blaze's VA's page on Behind the voice actors and didn't say anything from Deep Fear on there.
behindthevoiceactors.com/Walter-Roberts/
Also is behind the voice actors a viable source for looking for info regarding VAs and what roles they've done in their careers?

Jack-7 was actually good in Vanilla 7 until Harada nerfed him hard. He's still good, but not "PRES BUTAN" good. There are good Jack players out there. Jack is a thousand times way more playable than Gigas, whose moves actually have frame and whiff issues.

discord.gg/Pokkén

join, ask for tips, join the braixen discord server in particular. She's almost unanimously considered to be the best character in the game, you have no excuse

Also, Pokkenarena.com

Deep Fear has John's VA listed as Sam Rosenberg. It could be Walter's real name or stage name (there's nothing on Sam Rosenberg like "Mark" of Mega Man X4/Turbo 16 CD game infamy).

Are there actually character archtypes in Tekken, or do they mostly play relatively the same? In 2D its easy to figure out character archetypes, but I'm having trouble with that here. After playing with her tools I could figure out that Josie has a decent defensive game with good punishes for everything and uses frametraps from switch stance to open people up. On the other hand, I can't figure out what a character like Lili wants to do or how she opens people up. Does she work the same way as Josie, except without switch stance?

On an unrelated note, why are there no flat girls in Tekken?

Because flat is for degenerates.

is anyone else extremely amused at the fact that harada had the fucking balls to shake up the tekken canon with fucking akuma

like literally make the dude integral to the core plot and give him a massive story spotlight, it's hilarious

It's more or less juggle fest, but some characters have to rely on other tools. King has wrestling moves and chains to punish people, but Yoshi requires you to mix your game up (the whole point is to throw off your opponent, which is really hard for new Yoshi players). Then you have guys like Bryan who are in your face. Each character has different ways to juggle.

It's also retarded.

nah this is exactly what the games industry needs, this is some real wilin shit, like having shrek in Tony Hawk's Underground 2. shit like this hasnt happened since the golden age of games, we gotta embrace it

Holy shit I remember that trainwreck of an RE clone.

I remember Deep Fear from the Segata Sanshiro commercial. How bad was the game?

Clunkier than RE, lots of elevator clips you have to sit through, and a very corny horror plot. It had great music and monster designs though.

Designs RIP Nirasawa

how do i reconcile wanting to go to evo with being a friendless autist who has no social skills or charisma? and is pretty trash at fightan in general

eliza is flat if she doesn't give the succ

Find something better to spend your money on.

did it ever explain why his cold kept him from getting infected?

new thread

Was this when it went dangerously cheesy to the yiffing?