Companies you will not acquire a game from

With some companies seemingly doing everything they can to piss off their consumers and playerbase these days, I wanted to know where the buck stops with other anons? It doesn't matter if you play or pirate the game since you are still giving the game, and the company by extension, attention (Not to mention the subsidies provided the by the government for whatever "service" the company operates), so, this is my question.

At what point do you other anons just stop acquiring games from specific companies? I'm not talking about refusing to get a specific game for whatever reason. I mean outright rejecting the entire companies catalog (Both good and bad titles). What reasons would result in you wanting to do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/qlaimh.wav
archive.is/Nl9i3
oneangrygamer.net/2017/06/nintendo-localizers-now-work-with-japanese-devs-to-censor-games-for-western-culture/33309/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was gonna say Nintendo, but Odyssey keeps me coming back like a beaten housewife.
So Ubisoft.
Rayman was amazing but now, Jesus Christ.

Not much danger in that is there.

I'd never take a hard "I'm not going to buy anything from you" position about any company, because it realistically only sets the precedent that they should literally never make an effort to cater to me as a consumer.
The only real exception being 343i, who are virtually all rejects from Bungie that can't make a half decent console shooter.

Sony

These low IQ fuckfaces will defend their adhd fix dispenser like their sunken cost compells them to, even in the face of sony focusing on multiplayer garbage and reaping in insane profit margins with their saas shit.

my.mixtape.moe/qlaimh.wav

Blizzard. Activision has pounded me enough through THPS, Guitar Hero and of course Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Blizzard can right fuck itself though.

i hate ubisoft but unfortunately they have two games in the last few years that slipped through and i enjoyed. pics related. EA most of the time i don't even dwell on them since they just make sports games and i extra damn their name for killing dead space. id almost let them slide on one game if they let me fucking try titanfall 2 without origin but till then they get nothing.

also did you forget gearbox, OP? i'd buy a ea/ubi/activision game before anything with the gearbox logo on it

Your logic would hold up if they were ever targeting you as a consumer to begin with. If you're here, you're in the same boat I am. The industry went on happily without me, selling products to youtube screamers, streamers, and le nerd xd people, and it took me a while to understand why new games were so unappealing. Their primary demographic is no longer interested in mechanical complexity or mastery.

yeah, but don't you think you should at least entertain the notion that if they did something you wanted you'd give them money?

That prospect is so tenuous, and the reward so slight, that it's more practical to give up and play backlog and niche titles. The AAA industry has nothing left for me.

I guess it's a difference of philosophy, I don't really believe in giving up

Despite that, Red Dead Redemption 2 could be good enough to get me, only if it is on PC though.
Siege is the only good thing they've made since Blood Dragon and I bought it for 20 buckaroos.
Titanfall 2 is the only good thing they have put out since Dead Space 1 and it got my money once it was discounted thanks to it being a commercial failure.
There will never be another game to buy from them after MGSV. I'm not implying that MGSV was worth buying but it put the nail in the coffin.

I'd buy a game from the devil if it was good enough. That's literally all I care about. There are developers I avoid like the plague, but hardly do I ever avoid an entire publisher because despite all the shit, there will be some stuff worth trying out.

See pic.

This is exactly why I've just stuck to what I already own. I don't buy or pirate - it's just not worth my time/money when I already know the outcome.

Get out

How does it feel to know that when you're done shilling for Konami, you'll never ever be able to get a job in the industry again?

No matter if they do a "good" job, they deserve no fucking money

Unless you become an indie dev, you have no chance.

And they're not even doing a good job.

We need to spread info about the shit they do among others, try to bring attention to the devs of these games to let them know that NISA was butchering them and en masse contact the head honchos of NISA to let them know that the localization team under them is doing a shit job.

literally all of them

this

Bethesda/Zenimax are on their best way towards a "never buy" policy.

Any indie company that, as a company, pisses and moans about how awful gamers are. As an added bonus, 99% of their "games" are absolute dogshit.

Why wait?

All of them.

Waiting for something for them to release that I may even consider buying. Their E3 announcement left me with nothing.

What if Todd Howard puts on a private stripshow for you?

Take 2, Ubisoft, EA, Konamiā€¦.. oh, hey.

I've kept up my EA boycott for four years now. After ME3 they got not another dime from me. To be fair, it's not hard considering they've put out nothing but garbage.

sony made this list for me several years ago when they cluster-fucked the online videogame retailer lik-sang.com out of existence. EA because of what they did to westwood as well. I'd like for nintendo to be on the list but i'm just not strong enough

NISA's translations make a lot more sense if you imagine someone reading them aloud in a sterotypical mock Japanese voice.

All of them.
My special shitlist is

If you keep supporting scumbags, indie devs will never have a chance.

Anyone who censors or treats me as a Burger.

Companies like Nisa.

Is it boycotting when they don't make anything you want to play?

In that case EA and Bethesda.

Game companies:
Any who shit on gamers, spread socjus or just have awful games.

Game Localizators:

I dont play videogames

For me, it's every last one of them because none of them make anything I want to play. No one has since 2006 tbqh.

WHAT'S THE MATTER YOU FILTHY GOY? ARE YOU A PEDOPHILE THAT ENJOYS WATCHING DIGITAL GIRLS SING AND DANCE?

Working Designs was a mistake.

I wanna rub his tummy :3c

Blizzard
Their games are always online using battle.net 2.0, so I haven't played a game from them since Starcraft II (which I regret getting).

Bethesda
None of their games seem interesting. Their games seem to have a new and old divide that I wouldn't want to deal with. Some lying in marketing so I don't pay attention.

EA
None of their games are interesting either, but I'm not inclined to pay attention to them because of SJW shit, marketing practices, and other bullshit.

Ubisoft
Same reason as EA largely.

Why do you mock me so, user?

None. I play what I want disregarding the company that made them, bitches.

Not really. I don't even like idolshit. It's more about quality of all localized games.

Another reason to not buy from Nintendo:

archive.is/Nl9i3
oneangrygamer.net/2017/06/nintendo-localizers-now-work-with-japanese-devs-to-censor-games-for-western-culture/33309/

Good thing Nintendo's consoles are easy to pirate on, and if you can't pirate currently odds are that there is nothing wrong pirating

zenimax, ea, acti, blizzard, zenimax, ncsoft, zenimax, sony, microsoft, zenimax, nintendo, ubisoft, zenimax

It's like devs don't want me to buy their games these days.

wew

Brought console-tier exclusivity with DRM Storefronts into PC gaming with Half-Life 2, Nowadays Steam is the only way to get the vast majority of PC games legally, essentially wants to kill offline gaming.
Also allows or creates cancer like Early Access and Preordering.
This shit , i actually stopped giving them money since the entire NoA FE censorship shitfest, their games were always piss easy to emulate anyways.
Playstation is a videogames branch ruled by out-of-touch executives at Sony who keep pushing for cinematic games and always go for the money option because they keep fucking up in their electronics and cinema divisions.
The 200% jewish practice of selling a solution for a problem that you created. EEE.

Well valve no longer makes any content (except some shitty skins for shit games) so that's redundant.

Really getting fucking sick of this shit
When piracy and community created content is better than legit products, you know you fucked up.

Most western devs
Konami
NISa
Nintendo

EA and Ubisoft because both insist on their retarded platforms. Not that they make games worth playing in the first place though.

The Firebrand costume was the last straw for me even SFxT was a bigger offense than the MvC3 dlc.

After what they did with RO2, the "we can revoke your game license if you say mean things" sealed the deal.

They really need to stop giving Treehouse power.

Every company in the ESA.
Every company that presses for stricter copyright law.
Every company that attempts to control videos or streams of its games through copyright.

Ubisoft, EA, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Sega, Square Enix, 2k games, Take 2, Bethesda, Namco Bandai, Capcom, Konami.

I'm pretty much stuck with piracy, F2P games, indie games, and anything I can get without paying the publisher on humble bundle.

if you spent more than half a minute actually reading that clause in the EULA you would know they literally just put that in so that they can permaban players when they actually need to. They invoked it twice in KF1 for ~10 million players, and even said so in a forum post. Shitty bait but 1/10 for making me reply.

To clarify, that's two players out of 10 million. One of which got convicted of hacking.

Hi John

Eh, fair enough, although I'm still a touch wary about it. What they pulled with their RO partners still outweighs it entirely.

As in a criminal offense?

You don't think arbitrary bans being written into the EULA are a red flag to avoid something?

Yeah, they've only done it twice, which should make you wonder why its so important that it needs to be written in.

I bet you install phone apps like pokemon go that need full account permissions because hey, they probably aren't going to do anything with it.

Are there any final thoughts people want to add, or has this thread pretty much run it's course?

Wow how brave of you user

Such a brave (1)

Here, how's this? Better you newfag?

LJN shill spotted, beware

No you cockgobbler.

faggot

Gay faggot

what a time to be alive

NCSoft.
They killed City of Heroes.

Basically any company trying to shove marxism down the customer's throat, like bioware for instance.

None? I generally think of the game and not the person making it.

Then again I haven't bought a game in ages.

i get games i like but if i don't like the company i use it as an excuse to pirate

Square Enix

I won't buy from them beause jooz or something.

You have no idea what Marxism even means

Where do think you are?

Scholarman saves another day!