Meta Thread

Hey guys, sorry to keep everyone waiting, we wanted to focus on E3 and do the meta stuff after that ended.

So I wanna try Forced Anonymous board-wide for a week for a trial period. Basically to test it out and see how it goes. Also, I'd like to talk about getting rid of the rabbit rabbit threads. We've thought long and hard about this, but basically we agree that if you wanna make a Touhou thread then you should just make a Touhou thread if there is none or use the existing one. If you truly need to remind everyone to say "rabbit, rabbit" every first or third or fifth day of the month or whatever, then you should just get a global ad.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wFoG1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Will this include you Mark? Because I'd like that very much.

Remove rabbit, remove waifu, remove 4am

So you can be the only attention whore when you use your capcode? Why didn't you think of this sooner?

why do you need to test this when you can clearly see how awful it is on 4chan?

remove wafius threads, there's absolutely nothing video games about them and rabbit rabbit threads at least are like friday night threads

Add a wordfilter for Discord links please.

also if you remove tripfagging you'll remove ritsu for good

Ban all corporate shills for the greater future of this board. Everyone who shills for a company must hang.
E3 was shit and i expect loats of money poured into corporate PR from all the publishers. Even viral one. Like outrage reverse psychology on Far Cry 5, CoD WW2 or Wolfenstein 2.

Just ban every thread I don't post in.

This. Avatarfagging can already net you a ban if you're obnoxious enough, so removing names would cause the likes of Ritsu and Wolfspider to stand out like sore thumbs and be rightfully reported.
this is assuming Mark isn't one of the cancerous tripfags himself, it would explain why the 4am trash hasn't fucking left yet

I somewhat agree on this but there's no real way to determine who's an actual shill unless you do alot of back work, I think that we should handle it by allowing a single thread about a new game once a mouth and just outright banning stealth new games thread

I don't really have an issue with the 4AM but then again I'm rarely up that late.

I'm against astroturfing as much as anyone, however we don't always know if someone is a shill. Which is why we should wait before accusations. Hell some people just do it for free, Just look at NeoFAG and anything that looks like The Last of Us.

The idea behind forced user is to get rid of tripfagging and namefagging, I wanna give it a shot for a week and see how people feel about it, and depending on the response we'll either keep it or revert it. Needs to be a solid week though.

Just do it then

I agree with the forced anonymous.
Also you should turn on the bumplock icon like everyone has been telling you for ages, you fuck.

4am and friday night should be removed. They serve as nothing more but blogposts and are facebook status update tier.

can you just admit you only want to remove ritsu, it's fine no one likes the fucker and he ruins a perfectly fine thread

Mark please do not
We'll be even closer to cuckchan than we already are
archive.is/wFoG1

that's what I thought was his intention but it's not I don't think

it's not only ritsu, but also includes other people like Val, DMX, Acidman, etc.

We're keeping IDs, just removing the name fields.

Figure out a way to detect shills first.

While you wait for "accusations" you aren't going to get anywhere, while shills succeed in gaining rage. The game has changed. Its not about discussing video games anymore. Its about enraging and getting things more popular through meme culture and cringe.

Is there no way to keep IDs but remove post counts? A ton of legit discussions are thwarted with the (1) meme, incentivizing people to shitpost a ton before contributing.

If anyone's gonna be (1)posting chances are they have 0 value to bring to the thread anyways.

wew way to shit up the board

I have never seen a tripfag or namefag in the last year at least. Maybe they stick to the shitty threads like the waifu one, which should be removed. Also LOL threads should be a once a month deal like filename threads.

This will never happen because it would be good.

Want an example of shill thread?
Here:

Its not that hard to figure it out. Pseudo outrage.

So which (((NGO))) paid for your post?

you kinda made DMX with the approach you took trying to ban avatarfags when your intention was to just remove ritus

this sadly, it's exactly how I've said long ago, legitimate posters are going to get shafted either way because shills want to create an environment in which they can easily control via subversion and there's no real way to catch them so it's alot safer to just blanket and generalize threads

that's only a clear goon thing which has died down since they no longer see us as such a thread anymore

4am would actually be tolerable without those tripfags. DMX is by far the worst with his faux nigger posting and calling every Monica. Actually, I take that back, Ritsu is worst than him for some reason. Biggest faggot I've ever seen.

Turn on country flags like /k/

ritus turned the thread into a hug box specially for him and him alone, he's done this with the irc

GUYS WE HAVE A BANNER LIMIT OF 3O0 NOW

MARK YOU SAID WE'D HAVE TO REPLACE SOME BUT NOW WE CAN HAVE NEW ONES FIX IT

He's actually doxed himself several times. I attempted to lure him to an arcade once but he's too much of a faggot to show up.

And nothing of value will be lost
Go for it

There are still people who haven't blocked banners?

Not necesarily. This has happened to me a few times:

Had I spent 15m shitposting instead, derailing the thread or other useless cancer, I'd have avoided being dismissed at the price of shitting up the thread.

you tried that before and for whatever reason you didn't keep it , not expecting things to be any different this time around but whatever , the rest is a whole buncha nothing. All in all it's a very boring meta thread , i think you're losing your touch Mark

gas yourself >>>Holla Forums

Why would you hide the board banners? Theyre not ads

yeah because he wants to take advantage of desperate and lonely fags to buy him shit

No I wanna keep IDs. they work wonders. What I wanna try is basically removing the name field and that's it. No tripfagging or name fagging.

Doing a more serious tone this time. Also I plan to stick with forced user, but we have an alternate method if forced user doesn't work.

The biggest issue with Holla Forums is and always will be is that you're a corporate shill whore the moment you even think that something is good.

I wouldn't mind optional country flags honestly
Could make for some fun threads.

Nigger that thread is obviously a shill thread. GTFO

I don't think we have optional flags, that's something you'd have to go on >>>/sudo/ about.

You could also force a board wide name like /k/ and /x/ do.

How? Because it's talking about AAA games?

A shame
When are we adding an Osean flag though?

Nah, I like "Anonymous" we've been using it for years. No reason to change it.

Make one and I'll see if I can add it.

do tell
Also
now that's hillarious

Because it's creating fake outrage over a game Holla Forums hates in general while shilling another game that did the exact same thing. Also, the OP doesn't seem like a genuine poster plus it got 5 replies very quickly from posters with the same tone. If you'd been here longer than a week you would know right off.

no that isn't true what so ever, while there is alot of bloody autistic faggots here who think screeching is an acceptable method of communication, the only games that that happens with is new games of which are within a time period where it's reasonable to assumed shilling, that and don't forget shills jobs are also to shit on games they're paid to, an example of this is konami shills shitting on kojima and trying to make people boycott him

Gonna stick with one thing for now.

gas the waifu wednesday threads
board war now

Fug

Optional you dumb bastard, optional

I don't like this. I don't even ever use a trip/name but limiting functionality because some faggots are annoying with it seems shitty.
It's a once a month thread, who gives a shit? Do people really get that ass blasted over them? People can just hide it if they want.

Seconding this user on the bumplock icon too.

I needed a reason to talk about the ever increasing cross posters with their political misplaced tripe

BAWWWWWWWWWWWW==

Are you going to filter fucking DISCORD LINKS because they are cancer.

There is literally nothing wrong with posting on Holla Forums and Holla Forums. Everything is politics.

500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT
500 POST BUMP LIMIT

You're wrong, Holla Forums isn't Holla Forums, Holla Forums is Holla Forums.

I don't give a shit what you do so long as you ship 4am threads to their board they wont use it because they're too ingrained in their irc circlejerk though and the waifu wednesday threads to /mai/

dude remember who you dealing with, start at 700 and haggle your way down

Don't care about forced user, but if you're going to cut rabbit threads that number exactly 12 per year, you're prioritizing all wrong. There are half a dozen persistent and similarly tertiary "vidya related" threads that pose a much bigger problem, they just happen to be ones you like more.

Anyway, gas yourself kike, you're awful as a board owner.

BAN DISCORD LINKS!!!

500? Why do you need 50 posts limit?
5 is too much.

Capcodes are not trip codes, retard.

the trouble is derailment talking about the same fucking shit over and over again with nothing new or interesting added, it's just two sides trying to reinforce a consensus of which either side actually cares about and thus it always results in a pile of shit

300 is fine we don't have the posters to have the limit used up in a reasonable amount of time anyways so just adding more bumplimit just keeps more dead threads floating

More Mario flags?

Barely anyone uses rabbit threads and they're on several other boards, they don't need to be on Holla Forums.

the issue is that he only listens to his circle jerk of friends who are also vols on what should be the norm on the board and anything else is a result of one or two people shitposting about something they don't like to the point of insanity, that's the problem with meta threads

That applies to an awful lot of things, and is a poor justification for singling out one infrequent thread that isn't breaking the rules.

If you really want rabbit threads, you could also go to /a/, /jp/, or /2hu/. There's probably 2 or 3 other boards he's posting them on every month.

pretty much, if you want a touhou thread then just make a normal touhou thread.

ad with this mark lets the commies win.

Typical jew

Then delete that shit shill thread that is nothing but politics then. I'm not saying every thread must devolve into a discussion about white power or who wuz kangs. I'm just saying that politics will naturally come up in every other board including Holla Forums until identify politics stopped begin pushed by the media world wide. We still have Gamergate generals and that is nothing but politics.

quite honestly at this point if you're going to single out generals you don't like, why don't we just make fucking /vg/ and have no decent threads on Holla Forums

Just because there are other shit threads doesn't mean this one also gets to stay. There's no real reason not to ban it and you know it.

BAN DISCORD LINKS
BAN DISCORD LINKS
BAN DISCORD LINKS
BAN DISCORD LINKS
BAN DISCORD LINKS
BAN DISCORD LINKS

Whatever you say retard. You're on irc right now sucking his cock aren't you?

Thanks for finally saying it. Holla Forums belongs in some threads but it shows up in absolutely everything, then Holla Forums has to show up because they're cancer and it all goes straight to shit.

Should all of these things also be excised because Holla Forums is not their exclusive domain?

pick one

well at least there's one dedicated shitposter
nearly 80+ posts in and no dedicated shitposting had me worried there for a moment

The board's maturing and you are praising an idiot for being one.

I'm not arguing for the rabbit thread to stay. I'm arguing for consistency in the moderation of tertiary garbage I normally don't bother with regardless. Mark is too much of a pussy to actually change the rationale to disallow garbage, so he picks and chooses which specific examples to ban based on how much of an autistic shitfit the posters are expected to throw. That's why 4am is still around, despite being "banned" a few times now.

go home (((Zoey Quinn)))

but seriously, video game politics should be allowed, especially in the current climate where the left and right are in a civil war.

I know the FFXIV general needs them to make games or some shit, but we always delete discord threads and such.

Mark is the most incompetent board owner, period. Not out of being a bad one, but being a spineless flip flopping faggot who listens only to whoever screeches autistically the loudest. All this lukewarm bullshit trying to please everyone is ruining the board; fucking do something and stick with it, so we can have actual progress or a signal to abandon ship. For example, just ban 4am all together if it brings so many problems; don't leave it in this retarded half dead half gay state. Same goes for rabbit rabbit/LOL/waifu threads.
t. Former avatarfaggot

WHERE'S THE BUMPLOCK ICON

BAN DISCORD LINKS YOU FAT FUCKING KIKE. CUCKCHAN CROSSPOSTERS KEEP SPAMMING THE BOARD WITH THEIR SHIT AND YOU JUST HAD TO REMOVE THE DISCORD WORDFILTER DIDN't YOU

What the fuck. Did I wake up and walk into bizarro Holla Forums? Why are people damage controlling for trip- and namefagging?

I don't want it removed I'm just citing it as an example. You can't have it both ways. You either get rid of Holla Forums and /leftyfags/ all together or you allow them in. Making a broad rule only benefits lazy hotpockets that don't want to think and deal with shit posting on a case by case basis.

People are raging because they have their own idea of what should be done first. Also people like raging for the hell of it.

It's not OK when Mark does it.

Oh wait. I know who we all must drive off the board.

Granblue Fantasy players.

LITERALLY MOBILE SHIT NO GAMES. BELONGS ON CUCKCHAN.

DEAR MARK

I implore you to consider enabling the dice rolling functionality on this board.

There's a difference between kicking off a thread who's main goal isn't to talk about video games and kicking off shit that's vidya, even if the general itself has fallen into something like the Planetside 2 threads where it's me posting for a third of it or the Project Reality threads where it's mostly just one guy dumping webms.

But there might be a use for it at some point! Muh email field! This was used last time he did it for all of an hour.

Wouldn't making a broad all-or-nothing rule be exactly the sort of thing that benefits lazy hotpockets that don't want to think and deal with shit posting on a case by case basis?

need I go on?

I like it.

Is English not your first language? That's exactly what I said.

I agree, they are bringing down the overall quality of the board

Stop using that word without knowing what it means, faggot.

You said
That's an all-or-nothing rule.

you new or something?

Where are the decent threads?

What are the chans/boards in order in case I keep getting banned in a row?

what do you consider a decent thread then?

Not generals thats for sure.

and how does one deal with shit posting if you allow them in? Perhaps on a case by case basis?

There's a difference between video game politics and politics in general. bitching about something like how Mario is a sombrero is pandering to illegal mexicans and that we need to build a wall so Jeb! and his family goes back basically ruins a thread about odyssey, however something like what happened recently with a developer being discriminated against both by the indie clique and his publisher should 100% be discussed.

Last time we had them they were only used for spam.

do you not actually know then?

I'm fine with this.
The ID does the job of showing who posted what in that thread.

Only reason I could think someone needed a name is if they're a mod (they have a mark next to their name anyway) or a board owner of another relevant board like /gamergatehq/ or /vp/ (and they can just link to their own board with a new post saying "Yup, I'm ID [whatever] in that thread.")

Speaking of, being how heated GG threads get, do you guys have mods just for GG threads?

It sounds daft at first, but It'd take pressure off some mods to focus on the rest of Holla Forums.

As someone still playing Planetside 2, there's no reason to keep the threads going because there's never more than 5 people playing it at one time and hasn't been for at least 3 months now.

So letting gamergate generals stay while removing pol/leftypol spam would be a good example of a case-by-case basis, right?

Most good and memorable threads are completely sporadic and not a regular general.

You're doing good with this. You and Aux can discuss on things.

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but maybe you can just make it a global rule that you can only roll the dice a set number of times per thread, per ID, just like dubs? Why wouldn't that work?

Anyway, to comment on the name field, I never use it, I do not care if it's gone. Namefagging is cancer anyway.

Glad you arent pro-trump faggot, my fellow yid.

GG thread get heated?

While I love the idea, it encourages idea-guys to make quest threads.

Before cuckchan became cuckchan, /tg/ had to ban quest threads because there were just so fucking many of them. They got their own board in the end.

That being said- using online dice rollers and co-ordinating with /tg/ to play old-school table-top shit would be cool.

well when they were in full swing, they were good but yeah once things just die down then there's no reason for a new thread till people take interest again, I'd agree with that

can you name some?

We don't focus on the GG threads specifically. GG doesn't get special treatment.

Haven't you seen the new trailer?

Mario is a sombrero now, he can also become a nigger if he wanted to be.

He's too busy eating his cakes to write properly.

Keeping everyone as Anonymous sounds fine to me

Wrong, 300 bump limit kills good threads that are sailing along nicely without interruption. I've seen so many threads getting steady, good posts only to die the exact second it hits 300.

Shill 1 starts an argument.
If Shill 1 doesn't get a response, Shill 2 responds.
Shill 1 & 2 argue to bait other anons in. Even if they don't, they take up half the thread so a new thread is made quicker, and progress/discussion is more difficult.

Sure GG has dealt with it well enough (they call out the ID as a shill, but carry on as normal, ignoring them)- however sometimes they get a lot of it. Usually dependent on the topic.

I don't know how many anons report off-topic or disruptive posts in GG threads. I also don't know how many shills make false reports to make it harder to sift through.

Of course, of course. Sorry about that.

Oh right, he can turn into literally anything because of the hat. I guess he really is a sombrero. Fuck.

Fair do man.

If ever shit heats up-
Well, you'll hear about it.

It's a little too small. Can you make it larger?

/monster/ has limited their threads to 400 and /a/ 250. Though I think we should go with the /monster/ approach to a 400 bump limit.

Yes. All of those should be banned.

these threads usually last the whole week though you realize that?

And? What's even the purpose of 4am besides "muh \v\ kulture"?

Ban all metafagging outside meta threads for Holla Forums.

get rid of waifu wedsday while you're at it.

but on a more serious note are you concerned about how many threads are going to be political as fuck because of wolfenstein/farcry5/anything ubisoft did? although it needs to be discussed i think half the time they're false-flag posts being made so false outrage can be harvested to help market these games

one step closer to cuckchan

Because they've been around for ages and the 5 people who still post in them want to have a circlejerk on the board. The tripfag will screech about muh slippery slope like he did when avatarfagging was banned, but he's a massive faggot who only shows up to the site for those threads.

Nah, the threads I'm talking about are often hitting 300 posts in a matter of hours. Yeah there are some slower ones in there too but mainly I see good active threads getting cut off at the legs constantly.

/a/ is run by a tranny, so I would not trust his judgement. 400 would certainly be better than 300.

Don't forget that they'll delete entire post histories because you didn't spell a word properly, and the userbase worships them for it.

That is all in your head, mate.

Mark, could you tell the mods to be more lenient when it comes to porn dumping? During E3 some anons dumping porn were banned despite no one complaining and nothing going on in the stream. The rule should be that porn dumping for an attempted derail is ban worthy, otherwise no one gives a fuck and you're just pissing people off.

What a terrible excuse.
Then fucking go circlejerk on some discord shit.

What the fuck is this shit? Also, why is the Friday night threads starting at 10 in the morning nowadays?

it does worry me, yes. I've been asking people to report these people more. but sometimes they get too involved into the political bait.

Quads

There is a new Mario game just like Mario 64!

it's not nice to lie on the internet

Impressive.

But they have a circlejerk on irc, a separate group in a discord, a third group in a cytube, and a board here that's literally not used outside a single person.

I like those numbers.

very nice.

nice

where does the line get drawn in where its worth reporting and its actual warranted political discussion?

also haha off by one you stinky child.

I got asked by another user to post porn, and no one in the thread spoke up. Besides I got quads so that means Mark has to listen to me.

they usually pop up again though

did you do that over two anons arguing about 4am?

tbh, you were the e3 highlight, you deserve those quads.

Then you get people complaining about "spamming" the board with the same threads.

Letting good threads get fresh eyes for a longer period of time is way more useful for everyone.

Nah, I don't visit 4AM threads anymore because tripfags are so obnoxious. I posted porn at the E3 stickies in between breaks.

Depends on the OP. If someone wants to talk about the politics surrounding Wolfenstien or Far Cry then they should make it clear in the OP.

If someone just wants to talk about the game itself then the unrelated political stuff will result in a ban.

porn dumps are banned, period.

If you wanna porn dump then I recommend >>>/vp/

Don't remove Thread IDs. Holla Forums gathers the most cancerous of board users and It is much easier to call them out. for a smaller board I would agree with removing them but not for Holla Forums. thread IDs for Holla Forums is one of the only thing that somewhat stop shills and newfags from being obnoxious and actually forcing them to comply with chan cutlure.

I would like a ban on fucking template threads. The one word title and subject.

Ban anything like unpopular opinion threads. If a person who has an unpopular opinion wants to talk about it they have to actually make a thread and debate their points on why. Not just list out games and/or opinions that have been discussed on why they're shit and then back pedal "I'm not from reddit" "well, gosh…they're like muh opinions and I can have them, why are you so mean to me".

If there is a thread about a console ban anyone who mentions anything about another console i.e. ">buthurt sonyfag in a nintendo thread". ">steam drone in a console thread and vice versa". If they have a bad business practices they are doing it should defended on the positives and negatives on that service, not "Well [insert other videogame company] is worse, i'm gonna go on a tangent about why you're a fanboy for them".

Ban amiibo threads. They're cancer and belong in /toy/ since everyone who collects them collects them because they're "such cool figurines"

if you had gotten quads while asking that then maybe he would've , at this point yo just wasted them on self aggrandizement

Yes, we should really ban all meta threads as saying anything against Glorious Leader Mark is verboten and his endless knowledge of the fine art of video games should enlighten all imageboards across the world.
Ein Poster, Ein Chan, Ein Mark!

This is disgusting.

read the OP and the thread next time beofre you post dumbass, nobody said that in the first place
Alos

No one's removing IDs. Forced user just makes it so the posts are just anonymous plus IDs, meaning no one can tripfag / namefag.

So we go with the /monster/ model of threads being 400 thread bump limit. Also, according to /monster/'s BO, metathreads have been a good containment for discussion on board meta, meta related to the board's interest and shitposting. So this meta thread can be good for discussion vidya meta like censorship in localization, kickstarter scams and whatnot.

Porn dumps can save a shit thread. Seriously, I've reported thread derailments and it's taken over half an hour for you faggots to respond.

I wanna know some things about your IP deletion streaks, Cakeman.
Under what circumstances do you do it and can you see if the person you're deleting posts from by IP has made threads?
Because I remember you saying a while back that you do it to "mess with shitposters" that piss you off personally and not much else, whether those fags have made legitimate posts or not. I get it's easy to just nuke a thread that's been derailed like that but it is sloppy as hell and has more than once resulted in legit posts being removed board-wide, which is bullshit.

Ideally I'd ask you to stop that shit and just remove individual shitposts.

Finally. Only took ya months, but at least it's something. That fag also posts that shit on /a/ so he can keep getting his dick sucked there.

You don't like Glorious Leader?
YOU DING DONG BANNU!

i can't wait to see the shitfit at 4am again

Also Mark is shit at video games. He got an amazing total of 0 kills in the Dystopia game night. He left after our fat Jewish leader had to go eat.

This reminds me of an old concept for moderation back in the day. We had a category of threads that were banned that was essentially a thread with one/two words a post, much like these gamelist threads and such. The problem with them is that it's not productive towards anything, while wasting board space on something that can be answered in 5 seconds or less and then people would get pissed off at each other. Technically those types of threads fall into the category, but there's no rule against Fast Threads like that on this board.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was an NFSW marker, but since it's all spoiler (or at least intended to be spoilered) that it makes it somewhat difficult to browse Holla Forums at work.

Your entire post can be summarized as "ban anyone who doesn't provide arguments for their points." You didn't need to be so autistic that it requires a hundred words or more to say that. And while in general that is a fine sentiment to have, no one is going to waste their time and effort writing a book of a post in order to support their statements each and every single time, especially when it comes to topics that have already been discussed to death. Take overwatch for example, the people who think it's good won't change their opinion and the ones who don't won't change theirs either, so it saves everyone time and effort by simply stating their opinion on the subject and leaving it at that.

tbh there's no winning with that since there's 2 many autistic screeching retards on this board and what's sad is people actually listen to them because muh shitposting culture!

yeah you did no wrong tbh it was just waiting for shit to start up as there was nothing really interesting to talk about anyways

this as well as

It's Rule 7

There is you niggers, it's rule 7. Read the rules.

Yes, but that only covers template/bait threads. What I'm referring to covers more than just those, such as the ones about video game lists or the last videogame played that don't get much quality discussion.

Things that need to be banned:
Also who banned me for 24 hours because of the Samurai thread? Tell that mod he's being a faggot.

Porn dumps are banned, period. I get the frustration of some anons because porn boards are dead, but Holla Forums is about vidya.

did he died?

North Korea just nuked Japan.

porn dumps should just be redirected to /vp/. The board could use some more attention.

One containment thread for vidya porn would be an interesting experiment. It is video games after all, would be just like having an art thread, which is normal.

no rule against what I said though, read my fucking post properly

I fully support forced user, tripfags are, have been, and will always be cancer. With IDs there is literally no reason to not enable forced user.

Also Mark, I see people in the thread talking about how fast/template/no effort threads are banned. I agree with that, but what would your stance be on something like a QTDDTOT on Holla Forums? They seem to serve their purpose very well on slower boards, though for it to work here it would probably have to be a cycling thread.

Also do you play fightan, and if so, who is your main?

hey mark you should unban the undertale threads on Holla Forums

No.

Localization will never piss me off.

if you just fucking bought skyrim game of the millenium edition already todd wouldn't bother you anymore you absolute fool

Unpopular opinion: now that the dust has settled, Holla Forums suddenly hates template threads. Prove me wrong.

Agreed on both counts. The rabbit thread poster spams it on multiple boards anyway.

Everything you mentioned, with the exception of amiibo threads, is covered by the existing rules.

genesuck

I would just like to have the occasional loli game thread without the fucking goons derailing them.

how come everything I have said is irredeemable shit?

okay my bad

Then why would a person make a thread about something when their opinion won't be changed? If they don't have the self control to realize they don't want do exchange discourse in a videogame forum for discussion shouldn't it be someones job to ban them since their thread is pointless?

If you're going to ban rabbit rabbit threads, you better ban Shitsu's 4AM circlejerk as well you filthy kike. They're easily the most cancerous and least vidya-related threads on Holla Forums.

Every time.

why is >>12839368 still up and every thread like it stay up till the dump limit then?

look

those cakes won't eat themselves

You forgot your puffin image macro

Would be interesting as an experiment as lewd posting from throughout the board would get contained in that one thread. But Mark would still go against it.

It's not just in fanservice, it's entire changes in dialogue and characterization. Look at how SJWeebs screech at the fact they failed to gatekeep Persona 5.

Is there really anything more to discuss at this point, until the inevitable sequel or special edition at least I mean?

Ahhhh!!!! I still can't get over how me and mark have similar chest hair
oy vey

Hey mark, I'm unsure if this is possible, but can you add little optional stickers to threads? For example, you know how users can give themselves flags? Similar to that, but you choose an icon for a thread, a vote, like thumbs up if it's good, or vomit if it's bad, or bait of it's bait, so anons can know if the thread is good or bad. Only make the sticker show up if more than 5 people vote for it though. To prevent oversaturation.
Also, make a stickied post with the rules. Some people don't bother reading the rules and scream like babies when they get banned.

Because the 'case-by-case basis' allows them to not do any actual work because it doesn't seem like a shit thread to them.

off to his circle jerk of vols

is that a triple niplet? fucking hot tbh

He can eat MY cakes ha ha

You need to workout, that's a boys chest.

You mean a Questions that don't deserve their own thread, thread? just make one yourself.

I tried to get into it many times, but I can never get the fundamentals down in terms of combos and defense. Like I know the dragon punch and fireball motions in addition to some other things, but I mostly play casually.

no.

please stop posting this.

I'm here, I was just distracted by something

Did you report that thread?

The CEO of Nintendo just died.

see

the message is directed only towards mark mannstein, the owner of the Holla Forumsideogames board on the website 8ch.net

hey mark fuck you >>>/vcollins/

BAN 4AM THREADS
BAN WAIFU/GUYFU/WHATEVER THE FUCK THREADS
BAN SHILLING THREADS, ESPECIALLY FOR THE NEW AAA GARBAGE
THAT INCLUDES NINTENDO YOU FAT KIKE MANCHILD

I'd be an amazing trap if I was hairless, and didn't have as much waterweight on my gut. You're right though, I need to accept that I am all man and work out. I have some loose skin from losing weight that can only be tightened so much, so I have to replace it with muscle.
I'm a bastardized mix between an estrogen filled faggot and a burly manly man. It's suffering, but also a gift.

yeah it's a shame because we do need case by case approach just not as fucking flaky as this

do you not see any reports for it like?

This man's rage is rightful and well justified.

Genesis is shit you faggot.

I don't suppose there's any way to get Holla Forums to calm their tits enough that every thread about a game with shit that can be interpreted as marxist propoganda by a sufficiently paranoid Holla Forumsack doesn't immediately become a 200-post preview of Holla Forums?
I know there's overlap between the userbases, but there's also overlap between germany and poland, and i don't see anyone saying poland=germany.

Was just wondering what your stance was, because they could be seen as template shittery, but they can also be a good outlet to condense template shittery. Also git gud

not gunna lie that sounds pretty hot to me tbh

pic related its you

Real or shitposting?

Is it though? It strikes me as the opposite, it's directly making fun of blatantly consumerist bullshit trying to milk cash out of normalfags. I find it hard to believe that a Holla Forumsirgin would go and buy Betheshit because some user Larped at todd making fun of their jewery

Seconded. Place is fucking dead.

However, I'm fine at mods discretion to decide what is a porn dump.

3 posts with 5 images each is probably the start of a dump. 3 images in one post is not (if those images somehow relate to the topic of the thread. Can't imagine how tho unless it's just a joke).

Again?

Should the meta thread be pinned and cylical?

Can you think of any bigger assholes than SJWeebs?

it's not just pol, it's also lefty pol and shitposters pretending as well as shills. there's such a cluster fuck of shit because it's the only brand of shitposting which actually works

There is literally nothing wrong with staying in the EU.

No, because then Mark will have to actually read meta and people calling him a faggot for not following his own rules.

Over 3 porn pictures in one post/ID is more than enough to derail a thread.

Oh and
MAKE BOARD NSFW FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

No.
Maybe.

thanks for the (You) btw

I just want to say, "wackity smackity doo".

pic unrelated i assume

wackity smackity doo to you too

It begins.

How can you be sure it's Holla Forums and not just a third party trying to get boards fighting or just trolling?

IMO, just report people being off topic/argumentative if they are so focused on one point that they won't let anyone else discuss the game. (Of course, if everyone in that thread hates the game because of 1 thing then they'll all be in good company)

Well it depends on the situation, I've been D* much more, however I sometimes use D+ when an user is spamming like crazy. I don't really fuck with people anymore, on occasion I'll make a fuck up like in that Nier Automata thread where I changed some guys name to SUMMER FUN, but I try not to fuck with anything in terms of the message or embed itself, hell I'm probably not gonna fuck with names anymore either.

I don't get why it's not pinned in the first place like always.

Meta threads are also for venting your shitposting needs, at least on /monster/.

Then what would be the point of Holla Forums then?

haha my weanus peanus :D

I have faith that the aforementioned userbase overlap will keep Holla Forums from actually getting anything done here, assuming Holla Forums's incompetence doesn't already.

Well, with those numbers I can't not give a (You).

It's 2017! We need to be more inclusive.

Shitposting the way I want people to shitpost.

HA fucking HA
GO TO HELL MOTHERFUCKER Holla Forums IS FOR VIDEO GAMES

YOU MONSTER

i bet you voted for drumpf's't'v'e

yeah just let your vols dictate everything instead, it's alot easier am I right

considering leftypol is actively trying to subvert Holla Forums while Holla Forums just using Holla Forums as a autism shield, I'd say that you're probably correct in that

reeee/10 made me respond.

Just post on Holla Forums then.

No. I have to shitpost on Holla Forums or it's not true shitposting.

He got two scoops. TWO SCOOPS!

GIVE SHEKELS GOY
:^)

New vidya is shit and the only way to see if it's not shit is to wait at least a few months.
See Nier fucking Tomato. Nobody gives a shit about this supposedly 10/10 game after shills are done and gone.
But Hollow Knight still get threads, despite being out for quite a while.
COINCIDENCE?

Shitpost in the meta thread.

Every meta thread is a shitpost thread.

I got two scoops right here.

Reported.

Mark, you should lock and temporarily pin a thread to redirect people to post off topic shit in another board.
For example. A "LOL" thread would be redirected to Holla Forums; like this.

LOL (Pinned / Locked)

"4 AM THREAD" (Pinned/Locked)

"Waifu Wednesday" (Pinned / Locked)

Like that. ENCOURAGE people to contact you through twitter and other places and make requests. A big part of why people are mad isn't only you, but them, once again. They break the rules and get mad when you enforce said rules, so they need to talk to you to have an understanding.
Also, as I said, sticky a thread to redirect users to another board where a thread is taking place. Instead of clogging up this board, to minimize off topic threads. Do that until people learn to use the other board more often. Like training pads to a young puppy. Hell, filter certain words and make them extremely long copypastas, similar to how you did with D*sposable Weebshit. This time people can easily identify a poster and report them.

where are you hiding the other twenty?

DRUMPFYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHY ARE YOU SO FAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

Every meta thread is a shitpost containment thread.

WE EVEN HAVE A SIMILAR HAND

That would be fine for porn dumps but eroge are games and should be able to be discussed on Holla Forums.

Are those the commands for deleting posts or something?
Anyway, it's probably for the better to keep that to a minimum, yeah.

He already ate them, the madman.

How about I tell you that it's retarded right now?
This board's bad enough with all the summerfags. Don't fuck it up any more.

I bet you like your meat rare, homo.

That's a fucking pathetic ice cream cone.
Seriously, put that shit in a container that can actually fucking contain it you fat faggot.

using the name field while it's still there

faggot detected.

i bet you use ketchup too

I'm gonna enable it now.

I don't think it's a good idea, my apologies.

Yeah, one is per thread, the other is the whole board.

I had some raw salmon the other day, does that count?

Fuck you fatass

Is this opposite day? Discord faggots made the FFXIV threads go to complete shit earlier this year. And then you capitulated to them by fagging it up with them in Discord and the threads went back to being shit again.

hey mark you should play undertale

STOP WITH THE FUCKING LE EBIN REDDIT-TIER JOKES FAGGOTS
THIS IS SERIOUS THREAD
I WANT THIS BOARD TO NOT BE THIS FUCKING SHIT

I've reported him and there's nothing you can do about it.

I like to blanda up my ice cream.

That's fine, yeah. Flashes are OK as well, as long as you interact with it and it acts like a game, it's all good. Visual Novels are still not games though, same goes with CYOA. They're video, but not games.

Mark should also be able to override the OP and simply edit an off topic thread to another boards thread, or just the board itself.

lmao

Then tell Mark to not make retarded decisions

fugg
meant for

using name while I still can

FUTURE
FUTURE

Why not? Explain your reasoning, if you don't at least have a "trial" like you are now
Then things aren't gonna change. We will remain in the status quo forever. I suggest you give it a shot.

Will my previous LOL threads be left to peace?

ALLOW UNSPOILERED PORN
DRIVE THE KIDS AWAY

The problem with that algorithm is that it wasn't designed to detect semites.

fuck my name isn't working anymore

got your blend right here degenerate piece of shit

Your name is Anonymous

Don't give us your apologies, give us your reasoning.

But hebrews are white!

YES
Now we actually need this shit to appear in the catalog.

I fucking knew it, I'm taking him back personally.

it's just not a good idea and would convolute things.

Make America Jeb! Again

Make Holla Forums great again.

Fucking finally. And remove post counts to get rid of the >(1) meme for good. The point of an image board is that what is being said matters more than who's saying it. Hence anonymity and the removal of post counts.
Pretty sure he posts them on other boards too. Seeing as how he's just attention whoring, and the threads produce no discussion about anything at all, it's fine.

No. If it's exclusively vidya waifu it's fine. Where else would they talk about their vidya waifus? If you don't like the thread, just ignore it. I'm not even a waifu fag and I think it's fine.
No. It's been around for a long time now, it's a part of the board culture newfriend. If you think it's annoying, just fucking ignore it. It's not that hard. I don't even post in those threads, but I think the problem people have is with namefags and avatarfags. Just get rid of the namefags and temp ban avatarfags for like a week so they get the message to go away or stop.

Again, no. They're a part of the board culture. If you don't like them, just ignore them. I don't post in 4am threads, but Friday Night threads are comfy. And they're only once a week anyway. and just ignore it if you don't like it you autistic fuck

Fuck off, you don't even play video games.

It's not, waifu threads are becoming another version of 4AM. There is very little to talk about when it comes to waifus, it ends up being a circlejerk of avatarfags.

It's not really forced user until you get rid of ids, and even then, posting styles give people away.

This, but I would argue that 4am is at least part of board culture.

Waifufaggotry is the greatest cancer the world has ever known, having a "waifu" is automatically making you an avatarfag.

I skimmed through post and laughed at it. You're defending 4 AM and waifu threads (you don't have control if it's on topic or not), calling anyone else autistic is hypocritical and makes your entire point invalid.
6/10. Your structure needs work, so do your manipulation tactics and you need to be less of a tryhard.

Pro-tip: Don't insult people you want to convince, especially when you've already dug up dirt on yourself.

Replace pornposting with goreposting and you might have made a good point.

I have a waifu and I don't avatarfag her.

Amazing rebuttal of the points made in my post. Kill yourself retard.

I actually hadn't thought of this, primarily because I don't post in those threads so I didn't consider that maybe they really don't talk about much and it just devolves into a haven for avatarfags.

Still, 4am threads have been around for so long. I'd argue that they are a part of board culture.

That's like saying "having a girlfriend makes you a transsexual".

let the poor souls have their waifus, it could be so much worse

I guess now's a good time to ask
Y'all gonna baleet the Undertale Yellow thread when it comes out in november?

Same could be said about the rabbit threads, faggot. I don't understand how people think this is an argument.

There's nothing wrong with Friday Nights, they've been around for ages and unlike the 4AM threads remain the same quality. 4AM has been a shell of its former self for a while now.
Waifu threads discuss literally nothing vidya related.

Getting rid of ID's just enables shitposters, but then again, it also takes away the power to some attentionwhores, nipping the bud. So if you remove names AND ID's, it might do some good.
I'm cautiously optimistic after thinking about it now. Mark should give it a try, but if the board burns, I'm blaming you.

Liar.

Not my screencap. That's Travis Haley of HaleyStrategic, a pretty good channel for /k/ommandos.

/ss/ posting is also part of Holla Forums culture since the inception of Mama-chan pre-exodus/pre-Gamergate, but that doesn't make it right.

This will only bring the vols more work because people with start samefagging, no thanks.

Waifu fagging is typically used as an exucse to better yourself. You have an idealized woman and you want to make your self better for her sake.

The only time it gets faggy is when you have faggots who go full /r9k/ and complain that if their waifu was real they wouldn't be together. Same faggots say "never ever".

Look through my posts, not one sign of avatarfagging.

heading out for a bit. I'll try to come back later on.

I'm fine with gore tbh.

Forced anonimity doesnt remove ids right?

Head out.
Permanently.

nope, it's already enabled

No it really doesn't. Being unable to comprehend other people having different tastes and priorities is an actual characteristics of autism. So therefore, freaking out over containment threads that you really don't have to pay attention to makes you seem autistic.
what
what

You didn't say anything of value. Do you actually have an opinion or are you just a contrarian autistic retard?

Read the thread.

And here's the primary reason why this place is so shit nowadays. Normalfags from Facebook coming to this board and thinking they have a right to decide what should and shouldn't be allowed on Holla Forums

We'll take good care of ourselves, Mark. We are big boys.

Fair enough I guess. I still feel bad about removing something that's a part of board culture when it's just a thread that can be ignored by those who aren't interested.

Oh, so it's an e-celeb who doesn't even talk about video games.

No where did I mention he was related to video games. I just thought that post was funny.

Samefagging is already done whether you realize it or not. It's actually easier for the mods to spot if they aren't constantly worried about changing IPs.

The problem with 4am threads is that they're nothing more than a tripfag, a namefag, and 2-3 avatarfags circlejerking with the one user that shows up to the thread. It's been like that since 2015.

Cultivate better culture then, threads like 4AM only exist so a few people can circlejerk, in an anonymous image board.

Board cultures change, it happens with time. So far, our board culture has grown apart and became different from cuck Holla Forums's culture.

No, a better comparison would be saying "Having a girlfriend makes you a cuck"

Pretty much, just because it's old doesn't mean it's welcome. If any of you have been in the oldest threads of halfchan, you could have seen that people were substantially different there, the way they typed would give the people here a god damn headache. (Emojis, Cutesy Baby-like Talking Style, Offenses, Etc)

You're failing again. You're always a failure. If someone smears shit all over themselves in a building, I want them to get the fuck out, I'm not going to turn around and ignore their stupidity. Come up with a valid argument or stop responding. You won't. You pathetic mongoloid. Dance for me money, dance!

There is nothing wrong with having a waifu, as long as you're not an obnoxious cunt about it. If your happiness comes from being an attention whore whose sole purpose is to garner attention, you deserve to be a miserable motherfucker.

That's also an issue.

It's time for Holla Forums to have a culture reformation and cultivation. It will happen naturally with time.

Indeed

Well if it produces discussion, even if you don't like it, it's fine. But if it produces no discussion and/or is a haven for cancer such as avatar fagging, it should go. That's how I see it, anyway.
If that's true then perhaps they should go after all. I've never really posted in them so I wouldn't know, I've just seen them for as long as I can remember and I wouldn't want to get rid of a piece of board culture just because some people think it's annoying. But if the threads are truly of nothing but low quality posting now, then perhaps they should go.
Again, I wouldn't know. It's just a don't know where else people would discuss their vidya waifus. Furthermore they can serve as a containment thread for retards who would otherwise shit up other threads (potentially, anyway).

wew
Is this supposed to be like people in threads you don't like acting dumb? The analogy is flawed then. The difference is that they aren't in your building. Their in their own building with a big sign outside clearly showing what kind of cancerous bullshit goes on inside.
I could say the same to you. Are you just shitposting? Stop being contrarian.
So you're just shit posting.

Yikes. Well maybe I should actually check it out this weekend to see what it's all about. If it's actually that shitty then they ought to go.

Fair enough.

24fcf9, you've really let me down. I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. It was be expected from someone desperately clinging onto the most cancerous parts of Holla Forums.
You don't deserve my (You)'s anymore.
Keep screeching, pal.

Facebook integration when?

They are basically this:

- Without exception, ritsu starts the thread, but without the tripfag, and always with the same 4AM image
- ritsu waits for someone to post, then posts a "HI GAISE ^^ KAWAII" type of post, as if they weren't the OP
- other avatarfags start coming in
- ritsu starts replying to every single person, pretending to be interested in their lives
- dmx calls everyone monica (read my nigga)
- ritsu complains about not having enough money to move to japan
- pedophile avatarfag "pedospider" gets banned by lime repeatedly
- ritsu complains about having to work a low end job
- smokes avatarfag tries his best to look cool, but fails because he's an avatarfag after all
- every regular poster stops posting eventually
- a few hours after the thread is dead some autist wakes up and starts reporting every single post from the thread
- thread is deleted
- rinse and repeat the next morning

There, I saved you the trouble. It literally plays out like this every single time, I am not joking.

I lost my breath for a moment after seeing this post. Fuck you.

CHANGE SAGE TO DOWNVOTE, PLEASE, IT MUST BE DONE

Pathetic attempt by what is probably a butthurt tripfag.

Might as well, not like anyone on this thread understands what sage is for anyway

Most likely. I can smell it from here.
It's that smelly smell.

it's to make tea

You forgot that smokes replies to every single post "to make the threads more inclusive".

The threads are practically dead at this point, but there used to be constant gay shit with occasional posting of a dick.

I said Friday Night Threads shouldn't go because I know personally that they shouldn't. As for the others, I simply said people shouldn't try to get rid of them just because they don't like them. The problems within those threads was brought to my attention. I said I'd actually check them out to make up my mind as to whether or not they should remain or not. If they're shit, I'll happily advocate purging them to improve the overall board culture. If they're OK, then I'll happily advocate the preservation of board culture from autists who are triggered simply because other people like things that they don't like. I'm trying to keep an open mind here and make logical decisions. Stop shitposting and kill yourself retard.

pic related
If it's true, then they should go.

It's not about whether I like something or not, it's about being on-topic.
So you're just talking about things you have no idea about? Shit nigger.
Friday Nights are enough of a "containment" thread. Anything else that doesn't fit in there either shouldn't be kept on the board.

Said nothing about the removal of the name field, you glorious winged faggots. Making sage a checkbox was stupid enough, explaining how to sage beside the checkbox was a step dumber, now the field itself is a drop-down with one fucking option. It's like a Graphics ON/OFF switch. How retarded are Holla Forums users? Does Mark need to help Holla Forums feed itself & wipe it's ass?

As a reminder to all, /metav/ exists, you can complain all you want there instead of making a thread each time you are banned.

No! It's a wise old man.

What we need is TWO spoiler buttons, people sometimes forget to do that.

Blame HW for wanting the Reddit audience and Jim being too focused on 2ch to do anything other than datamine this site.

Nigger, the only vol who even went there was Lime and he stopped using it last year.

You think thread quality would improve if we removed the precious downvote option all together for a while?

Nobody reads /metav/

Perhaps if it was hidden people would stop using the feature incorrectly, those that use it correctly don't care about downvotes and don't care that people know they saged.

Mark's too busy getting in line to get his ass filled with furry dogknot like the rest of the board, what the hell do you think?

Alright. What the fuck. I thought "Downvote" was a meme. Are there people who still don't get that all a SAGE does is not bump the thread? It's basically like a ghost post, it doesn't affect the thread in any way other than the 751 post limit.

Why?

it also helps with getting dubs
SAGE!

Funny enough there have been Holla Forums offshoots with /games/ being the latest. But funny neough the main complaint with the offshoots isn't they're offshoots but they aren't "Holla Forums" People are so in a knot over legacy boards they wouldn't move to a green pasture if their house was on fire

(checked)
HOLY FUCK
Now check these

Because people are retarded and think Reddit's system is the only way to interact with a community.

Because they're the attentionwhores in the threads trying to keep the threads on Holla Forums.

Confirmed.

The issue isn't that sage doesn't bump the thread
The issue is retarded faggots who see a thread they don't like and spam the thread with Sage posts to try and bury it below the bump limit.

They have to learn that SAGE is to reply to the thread without bumping it. Instead of saging a shut thread calling OP a faggot, they just sage a thread while only saying "Sage."

Or alternatively, they make an ass of themselves in the thread and then spam sage to try and hide their shameful sperging.

That's not what sage is for dumbass.

Sages don't affect a thread in any way aside from making the post count go up without bumping it.
They don't shut anything.

I meant to say *shit.
Excuse my typos.

Sage would only work as a "downvote" if every single reply saged which never happens. As it is, so long as there are idiots around to keep bumping shit threads then sage is worthless in it's sole function of keeping a thread not-bumped. This is why shills and butthurts have instead adopted the tactic of "sliding" to get rid of threads on image boards they don't like by creating many useless slide threads mascaraing as everyday content

Unless moderation is lax this tactic is essentially dead since spammers get banned.

That's still not what sage is for.

I hate to be the one that has to point this out, but, you know there was an Undertale thread up because the game was getting ported to PS4, that had that two babies one fox comic sageposted in it for hours before it finally got pulled down, in fact by the time it got pulled down the thread was already past the bump limit, damage done and the thread couldn't recover, and historically undertale threads have had moderation problems. Regardless of your opinion on the game, you can't really argue against the damage it did.

THE CAPED CAKE CRUSADER STRIKES AGAIN

Undertale shouldn't be allowed on this board, tbh

That's not up for you to decide, smh.

Mark decided, No.

Well frankly I disagree.

i read it

"Try" how about you grow a fucking spine and just make forced anonymous the board standard, ID's are more than enough to keep track of the OP's for discussion purposes.

The only faggots that complain about forced anonymity are cancerous attention whores and they should be rightfully ignored since they bring nothing of value to imageboard communities.

Nothing to talk about, just delete that shit since it's nothing but site wide attention whoring.

Don't be silly, those cancerous threads will stay here forever because mark doesn't have the balls to tell those autistic sperglords to fuck off.

The only acceptable use of word filters is too neuter direct linking to well known click-bait/malware sites, everything else is just good ol cuckchan mental gymnastics for censoring wrong-think while pretending is not really censorship because they are censoring it for "teh lolz".

Discord is shit but unless it starts clickbaiting or getting user's infected with six gorillion viruses by merely opening the link i see no reason to filter it.

I agree with removing 4AM because it has nothing to do with the actual culture it was based on.

4AM threads are supposed to be the newest iteration of the good ol "late night" threads from 2006ish /a/ Holla Forums Holla Forums that were focused on light daily life blogposting/advice but 8ch's 4AM is nothing but the same group of attention whores circle-jerking every single fucking day.

I don't mind Friday Night that much for now because i've seen decent discussion here and there but i can't deny i have been seen more attention whores lately.

Not an argument.

Just because a thread claims to be part of the culture of this board(which most of the time is just outright lying) doesn't mean they should be allowed to do whatever they please, if a thread is just constantly being shit and refusing to follow the board rules it needs to get removed.

ayyy da man ryt but i gets mines monica

Who discord count for be a datamine?

Hopefully we get a new Meta Thread soon

Give back the normal email space.

That way it reaches the bump limit faster without being bumped. There is literally nothing wrong with sagebombing shit threads.

Ban 4AM threads already.
Or make it a sticky so I can hide it once and forget about it.
It shits up catalog every single day anew.