Organizing gaming shortcuts

Holla Forums, what is the best way to organize your game shortcuts, so it will be easier to complete your backlog?
Do not suggest putting them on desktop, desktop is a work space.

I have around 40 game installed and i want to organize shortcuts nicely. Quick launch bar becomes too big.

Other urls found in this thread:

freelaunchbar.com/download.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just put them all in a games folder on my desktop. Any non shortcuts are just in folders of their own in said games folder.

First off, shortcuts aren't the way.

Use a spreadsheet.

But isn't its a time wasting to make one?

How are you going to know what you completed or not completed without mental gymnastics?

Vidya folder with two subfolders; completed and not completed.

that's what steam achievements are for.

do you want to die

die more.

I just play what i want to play. I dont care about completion status.

Clearing your backlog is work, shortcuts belong in the work space.

I play three or four games at a time, rotating in something after another. I usually 100% vidya I play so as a result I uninstall what I've finished never to look at it again.
As for shortcuts

Add a folder with named shortcuts to your %Path%, then just [Run…] them by name.
Desktops are for working files and lewd backgrounds.

I already won when I got your (you)

>best way to organize your game shortcuts
Moving a fucking shortcut is not hard.

I just have one folder on my desktop, and in that are the shortcuts. Organized as pic related.

I don't organize shit, I just play whatever the fuck I want.

The best way to get through your backlog is to hire a dominatrix to spank you if you don't clear it

No shortcuts. Shortcuts are just for what you are currently playing. Instead, you should carefully manage the install directories of every single thing you install (with special folders set aside for emulator stuff). Basically all of your games need to be installed to a folder labeled "games" or something similar, and you need to make absolutely sure to NOT install any non-game crap to that folder. Also try to keep game install directories titled by the game name and not the company name, even if you end up needing to make it look like C:\\games\\\

Free launch bar is cool tbh. Just put a folder on taskbar, and place shortcuts in it. Doesn't take any space at all, highly configurable, no malware or any kind of shit.
freelaunchbar.com/download.php

Hard drives are expensive. Bandwidth is cheap.

Except in this day and age its always better to have backups of everything on HDDs, so you will still have the vidya even if it will be be put off the internet or torrents stop seeding.

Torrent sites are dying faster than they are getting replaced, and older and more niche games get harder to find every day even on the surviving sites. You are a fool for not downloading what you can while you still can.

fuck that do you play cpma?

I only play singleplayer nowadays. Sorry.

blyat

Not when you know where to look. I paid $zero for all of the internal HDDs. External 500GB one actually cost me $50.

I keep my games scattered around the drive and it's not a good habit. Any shortcut software I try to use (windows gadgets or rainmeter or even an integrated toolbar on the taskbar) are either slow, not responsive or just plain don't work.

well there's your problem…

Well whatever, at least it's not Origin. Sometimes I want to pay back the devs for an actually good game, sometimes i get games for free and just like having it accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.

I use dmenu so I've dropped little shell scripts that launch my games into ~/bin.

Do you penguin fuckers not have a %path% equivalent?

I dont use shortcuts. I have notepads where I write down my next seven games in my backlog and stick them on my bureau next to my pc to remind me of what to play which I then ignore

Yes, it's literally called $PATH and ~/bin or ~/.local/bin are usually included.
Unfortunately certain games like to have autism fits if you just symlink the executable into those locations so in those instances it's best to just have a script that calls the full path.

I put them somewhere in the Program Data folder so I can tell cortana to open them for me.

Launch them from terminal, i have pic related setup on Linux.

bully me, also i have a few shortcuts i forgot to delete for uninstalled games

more autism

Like this, you should never have anything on your desktop. I keep the bulk of my games on a external and a few in a folder called Games.

You can do that without any additional software you fucking retard.

I leave my desktop clean like in pic related, and I just keep everything installed and sort them by my installed list.

And I do what this user said

Problem is, it needs like 10-20 seconds to load before you can click anything.

I can make it big or compact though. And it works super fast.

you have some serious problems. do you just buy things you won't play ,

You jsut offended every single steamfag in existence.

This is awesome, thanks! i was using the lame windows 7 quick lanch, this one works way better, the way it worked on windows xp.

Only it's slightly dark for me.