Scary Indie games thread V2

Last bread: >>12823355

Recommend some spooky indie games from Gamejolt, Itch.io, Steam, etc. and generally talk about spoopy indie horror games.

Last thread was derailed by waifu and CYOA faggots. Keep your shit on topic, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/anatomy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should read the rules newfag.

Must watch

Trying to delete the other thread but it won't fucking delete it no matter how many times I click the "delete post" button.

At least it's bumplocked. Also, this VERY THREAD has a very hard time loading for me. Spooky shit mang

nah

It didn't bump when I posted in it last time, so that's what I assumed.

Thank you, sonny jim. Reposting some recommended from the last thread.

Footnote: The user who recommended neverhood said it wasn't scary, just unnerving

Already off topic

Welcome back! As you're probably aware I'm OP from the other thread.

BTW to stay on topic-ish, don't play a game called Lost in Space, it's fucking boring as shit.

Hi, OP from the other thread.

Deleting an old post and immediately remaking the thread is also not allowed.

How do you strike a balance between cozy and spooky?

IGNORE THIS CYOA FAGGOT

Hey! That was me.
It's still freaky, you're floating in the middle of nowhere, and at one point you go to below ground only to confirm it's empty and nothing down there awaits you. It's just plain unsettling

with style, I'd say that older horror games which low poly or 3D mode used as sprite are the most comfy but that is to say that the playstation and dreamcast were the most comfyist consoles over all

the lore of the neverhood is something else

It's fucking amazing, underrated lore.

almost makes me wish the game was adventure game of sorts so it would have done better mainstream wise and had the lore shown off better

post more spooky stories copypastanon
polite sage

Sage cuz yur a fegat? kkk

this ending is breddy spoopy

damn

I would but OP doesn't want that

OP is a fag, who cares what he wants. This thread would be better as a vidya-related creepypasta thread (haven't had one of those in a while) than a spooky vidya general, we already went over all the good spooky games last thread. plus I wanna see him throw a fit again

The fuck are you talking about?

I would rather not risk catching a ban if I can avoid it

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I made a new thread after the other one got derailed, I tried to delete the old one but it wouldn't let me, and I explained to other anons why I was deleting it. That reason being CYOA and waifu faggots flooding the thread.

Calling someone a faggot isn't a shitfit, friendo.

Some of these seem significantly easier than others, don't they?

Holy fuck. I just realized why it scared me, I watch video related as kid. God fuck, fuck claymation.

As long as it doesn't become tertiary "muh waifu!!!" dogshit like the roach retards in the other thread were doing, you should be fine. Since it is off topic.
I'm in a spooked mood, dumb the scariest shit you go

Make your own thread for CYOA, please. Don't shit up my thread for no reason.

*movie related

Speak of the fucking devil.
Reported.

how do you not realize that his intention was to see your reactions? he even said that the moment he entered the thread

Thanks friend. Have a rare pepe.

Yeah I gotcha.
Also, My POST got deleted but the waifu faggot posts stayed?! Jesus Christ.

Yume Nikki is always one of the most incredible well achieved games in atmosphere. I also recommend the fangame .flow, which has very tasteful visuals considering how 'in your face' it can be.

What was the name of that other game by the Demophobia dev about the twins in the S&M dungeon? I've seemed to have completely lost it

Yeah, no problem (again)
I don't mind when they have their own thread, because it's a containment like LOL, 4AM, Webm, etc. but when it leaks onto other threads and ruins their purpose, it pisses me off.
It's specifically waifu shit, I don't mind things like corpse party or silent hill, eastern made things, since they're on topic and made with fear in mind. Not love, not lust, but raw hopeless, the epitomy of spooky.

Yume Nikki isn't really spooky, it's more eerie and having of a great atmosphere.

you know speaking of atmospheres this gem got pretty dark in pits and all of the end segment

Certainly it's not a directly or traditionally 'scary' experience, but few projects are that are truly quality.

The Jumpscare Mansion game isn't terrible, butt it's already been talked and publicised to death. I can't think of much else that's made waves in recent memory

He's trying to get (You)'s out of people, note how he doesn't mention the images in question and double posts. He wants to derail discussion and I have no idea why he just doesn't make another thread.
My spooky mood is being ruined. Fuck man. I was now looking up Aztec sacrifices, Mexican kidnappings and other creepy things and all that, now I just don't care.

Let me first contribute to the thread:
The Lady it's on steam it's creepy for weird reasons.

How the fuck do I play this?

Dunno and don't care really, just saw OP was being a whiny faggot so I saved it from the other thread and posted it. I think you just pick one and get the matching creepy waifu

That's very disappointing because this seems really really fun and I would have liked to see where it went

I'm taking about scary games. What's the issue?

pick a zone, pick a wafius, fuck your self, done

On second thought I think you can pick any set of nightmares and monster waifus, since it talks about choosing a "girl" that will help you escape your chosen nightmare. So the "game" I guess is to pick whichever nightmare you think you could most easily defeat while getting the monster thing you like the best. Have fun

Like this!

I was really hoping there would be a CYOA or Tabletop companion to this

Deep sea zones have a beautiful sense of solitude

deep sea is spooky in general and there's hardly any games which capture this

a shitty little Russian abandon ware game known as FarSky is the closest I think I've gotten to deep sea fears

Penumbra: Overture is one of the best spooky games out there. It may seem a little cliche now, but it was the original "hidey horror" that inspired all the shitty indie clones. They're the people who went on to make Amnesia, which was much more polished as a game but that polish took away from the heavy atmosphere which is bad news in an atmospheric horror game. It'll run on a toaster too, so that's a plus. Just try to ignore all the cancerous let's plays of it out there.

something happened between overtune and black plague which marks a really big contrast between the over all quality of the way frictional handles it's games which I would want to say is merely due to "streamlining" but actually there's a much more solid lessened atmosphere from the two games that I mentioned

Yeah, Black Plague had some really good parts, but for the most part it wasn't nearly as good as Overture. And the third game is weird, it's more like a series of puzzles in vaguely spooky settings than a horror game.

I wish for more pointy clickies tbh, so many of them are just meh tier horror while there's tons of really good gems hidden through out

Mono is shit, dude

Hey, that's like, your opinion, maaaan.

You can't just respond to any disagreement with a quote from a movie.

He can if the user saying it doesnt provide arguments you're right though

Dude stop memeing so hard, holy shit, it's embarrassing.

I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!

anything markiplier plays because he is the best at horror games and picks super good ones

Nice bait, fag boy.

Oh god, I heard that in his voice, I felt the cringe. Lmaooo.
inb4 >"cringe"
>gb2 neogaf
because apparently they created the damn word
Don't ruin your spooky, mate.

Fuck it. Posting what I posted in the creepypasta thread. What are some bad but funny creepypasta's out there?

Herobrine, sonic.exe, Jeff the Killer remake. The original Jeff the Killer was meh, but the remake was some bullshit.

I guess I should have mentioned nothing surface level. I'll check out the remake maybe just to disappoint myself. Of all the surface level creepypasta stories the only one that ever really scared me at all was The Rake

Does anyone have a download for this?
kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/anatomy
I want to give it a go but it's VERY expensive. Pic unrelated, just a cute ghost.

that was spoopy

try some kanoguti

Good shit.

It's time to roll.

roll

I hope these newfags either learn how shit works or leave. I'm getting sick of them.

Roll

I hear you; siphonophores in particular are like shit right out of Lovecraft.

Roll

roll

rollan

I want to hug and headpat that ghost

Just finished first episode of Last Door, this is some spooky shit, what an astounding sound design.

What a wonderful non-argument.

Almost forgot about this one. It's early access but I think it has enough content to be worth a pirate.

Also, rolling.

Spoop

If what you posted so far wasn't enough, you've made two indie horror threads instead of waiting for the weekly horror thread, which is a good sign you didn't know it even existed. If you don't want to be called a newfag, then quit doing shit a newfag would do.

bak 2 reddit fam plz

Do you have a torrent with the last update?

roll

I'm not the one who made the thread though, user. Though, I'll give you the upper hand and say your label is correct in this situation. A lot of people have misused the term "newfag" and it has lost nearly all meaning.

Koi a cute. Rolling.

Rollan

Whoever I pick, I kill. Fuck kemono friends.