Need your advice Holla Forums

So, I've been working on a game for a few months, mainly for my enjoyment and to see what I'm capable of.
I'm a bit stuck and not sure the game's enjoyable as of now so I thought about releasing a small technical demo to get some input and see what it's worth.

Do you guys know any website where I could show it and maybe get some opinions ?
(pic not related)

Do it here. Come on, we won't shit on you too much

Well, there is /adgd/ but I almost never look at it, so I don't know how helpful they will be.

YOUR GAMES FUCKING SHIT, OMG SO SHIT… oh wait, you haven't posted it yet. Please, OP, post your game, here we love video games.

Yeah, I gave it a shot but not much is happening there…

I'm scared you guys.

I'd try to find some good "game jam" group. It seems to me that 9 out of 10 of them are faggots but there have to be a few that are actually decent.

Sounds like it's pretty common for indie devs. The thing is I'm already working on something so a game jam isn't for me.

You don't want the jam itself, you want the community, which is centered around making and critiquing games. Actually what you want is attention and to jack off here until someone sucks your dick. It's not gonna happen and your game is probably shit.

Here. You might not get people telling you that your game is the best, but you'll hopefully get people speaking what they really think of it.

Yeah, okay, I'll look into it, might be interesting.

Gonna post a few screenshots here I think, but I'm also looking for opinions on technical stuff.

you should be scared you little sissy boy , on the plus side if you survive this place everywhere else you will probably encounter less resistance

>i want hatechan to critique my half-assed attempt at making game to gauge its worth
Well, OP, if it's a trial by fire you're looking for then by golly go ahead and post your shit. The only thing I can promise is that nobody will hold back.

Let us not delay the fateful moment then.

Link?
Just upload it somewhere motherfucker.
Also does anyone still has that one skeleton game another user made?

inb4 it's all a ruse so we download OPs virus

Devanon was so anxious he dead. RIP.

Still here, sorry to disappoint. I had to go back home.
Here are the screenshots

The game is a side-scrolling A-RPG (with branching paths). It's gonna be focused on the scenario, but for now I'm setting up the basics, so that'll come later. It's set in a fantasy settings with Greek mythology.

Welp, last screen to empty my folder.

You what now?

It actually doesn't look too bad, but we can only judge you on graphics if all we have to go off of is screen-shots. The question here is: is it fun? Can't tell you from looking at a few pictures.

If it's not in a playable state then you aren't gonna get much feedback. All anyone could tell you is it looks unfinished and a little simple in graphical style.

Yeah, you're right. I wanted to post a demo, but it's not ready yet.

Do you mean the environment feels empty ? Or are you talking about the 3D models themselves ?

bold choice to go with a 3D rpg? , i'll tell you that from the get-go

Your title is fucking gay and your models suck
Art better.

It's hard to art. Which one sucks the most ?

Huh, looks surprisingly competent. I expected monochrome blocks tbh.
My only complaint is shitty unreadable font.

Oh nevermind just noticed furshit.
There goes my interest.

Oh
Thanks anyway.

It's a known fact that furfags are surprisingly competent thanks to their autism and are capable of dedicated shittons of time and effort on whatever they are working on.
So no, I'm not praising you. Yiff in hell degenerate.

They look like fucked up ayyliums man, you so so scared of freaks that you see them everywhere?

Environment looks empty, but that's not necessarily a problem. Too much shit looks cluttered and horrible in an graphic style like this. You're better off keeping it simple, letting the color set the atmosphere, and keeping the player engaged with the story/gameplay. No one's going to blow a hot sticky vanillaware-esque load over your game as is and honestly you shouldn't be focusing your efforts in that direction.

Just one man's opinion, but bring me a playable demo and make it fun and I wouldn't give enough of a shit about the environment or models anyway.

Okay, I wasn't sure about the models. But yeah, the modeling part is really time consuming. I'm gonna focus on making the demo.

No they're not.

Well, I posted my game at newgrounds and if your game is not absolute trash it'll gather a significant amount of views, resulting in inevitable feedback and maybe a little fame, but there is some drawbacks to this

On the otherside, the one time I posted my shitgame here I was completely ignored, like really ignored, after some forced self-bumps, people told me my game was ok and some user commented that was nice to see other user's making decent vydia, and that was it.

Models are not so pretty but they can do the trick, I like how apparently there's different types of damage and how your strikes can hit different parts of the body and the lighting looks decent. Unfortunately there's much to see here, and I wouldn't feel comfortable telling you what I feel about the game unless I saw some gameplay or played it myself.

Without gameplay we can only comment on the graphics. It looks unfinished, with a lot of default assets and T-posed models around. It doesn't look like a cohesive world yet, just a bunch of stuff from the Unity store.

If you ever doubt yourself in terms of the direction of the game, keep asking yourself if it's fun and what's the gentlest, most gradual way to introduce gameplay concepts.

Look at this singular faggot