2007: The Thread

I will post games from 2007 in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Xs5L#selection-387.326-387.437
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Human_Rights_Council
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Genome_Project
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto
archive.is/6S1kE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BioShock.

August, 2007.

Are you gonna do 2006 next?

Halo 3.

September, 2007.

Mass Effect.

November, 2007.

God of War II

March, 2007.

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

March, 2007.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

November, 2007

i hate this year, please just delete it all

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

August, 2007.

Anybody seen the thing that ruined video games yet?

No?

Then let's continue until someone does.

Forgot something OP?

Good games released in 2007:

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

November, 2007.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

November, 2007

Holla Forums had no issues with this game…

…until it got popular.

Portal.

October, 2007.

Remember when Holla Forums would do sing-along threads of "Still Alive" back when this came out?

And then disowned the game immediately after EVERYONE ELSE was singing the song a few months later.

I haven't forgotten.

I remember that one Holla Forums guy.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

October, 2007.

TF2, Half Life 2 with epsiodes 1 and 2 included, and Portal all in one package.
Right now we'd have to pay around 300$ for all the content this thing included

Valve sure did a good number on everyone by offering "great deals" like that to make steam more popular.

It's like we have a good toy, but everyone else rubs their fecal matter over it and we absolutely don't want to touch it, especially after the fecal matter has dried out and ruined the product.

2007 was such a great year. Had lots of promising games released.

odd way of saying "I'm a hipster and don't like when things I like get popular"

o_O

Can you guess what it is without opening it?

Please stop, all of these are absolute trash.

Here, have some more

It's in the first reply.

>>>/neogaf/
>>>/reddit/

remember when one of these became a staple of discussion on Holla Forums for over 10 years and is still being discussed to this day? 2007 sure was the end of everything and not a retarded meme perpetuated by faggots that weren't even around at the time.

Yeah maaaaaaan, fucking cave story is fucking garbage maaaaaaaan. Oh it's sooooo baaaaaaad maaaaaan.

Being the year that started the end doesn't mean it was a bad year for vidya releases.
Some really good games came out that year, the industry and demographics were the ones that changed along with the financial instability.

And then evrything went to shit

O_o

I had such high hopes for this thing's sequels

worst E3 ever. I don't think E3 can be worse than this.

Just a shame it got so popular a publisher started spreading its release to various platforms, getting it attention across a wide variety of audiences and asked money for it :((( anything but money! Don't nicalis know that us TRUE gamers are all communists who hate money?

This one I feel is kind of overrated, but still a very fun game

good example of better japanese box art too

Compare 2007 to 2008 and realize that 2007 was the year due to both a huge boom of demand/interest in tech and a financial crisis right after it.

>>>/back/ to >>>/cuckchan/
Holy shit

Whatever happened to the remake of this ?
I was kind of interested in giving it a shot, on PC of course.

yeah that american housing market crash sure had a huge affect on video games :( Nothing after 2007 was good either

Its shit, it has the OG maps removed so they can sell them "remastered".
It was only avaiable if your purchased Infinite Warfare.

>>>/reddit/

Glad you agree that it wasn't due to popularity itself, but due to WHO is attracted. That's why we don't have Undertale/Overwatch thread, regardless of quality, because it attracts the cockroaches, then they stay and shit up the board.
Do people really have to reiterate this point more than 1 time? Come the FUCK on mate.

I was making a point, but the retard you replied to doesn't know how to do critical, nor abstract thinking and needs to lurk more. Either that or he's "pretending" to be retarded.

Report him, you dolt.

not breaking any rules faggot :^) dismissed reports.

ah yes, whomst it attracted…truly the problem in cave story discussion.

God what an awful fucking game this is, if anyone likes this he must be severely retarded.

It's the worst type of "cinematic experience".

I bought the Uncharted series because one of my friends kept talking about how good they are.

I regretted the purchase ever since.

Why ? Do you seriously not make enough money off of Call of Duty as it is ?

can't wait for PES 2008

This is the best vidya-related thing released that year.

There is NO problem in cave story discussion, that was MY POINT.
Also, read rule 8. Reported again. You're going to be mildly upset when your posts are deleted.

played kinda like a tomb raider where instead of being balanced 50:50 platforming/puzzling : action it's like 10:90 and the action is really boring and the puzzling is really boring

hmm yes it's almost as if this "invading audience" barely existed and portal's "problem" is it became a meme and you just couldn't stand it or something, popularity sure is scary.

are you still talking?

Oh I'm sorry! I guess my talking interrupts how much you're so full of SHIT, keep trying to make this about you, and can't accept that you're wrong!
Please, DO continue and enrich the entire board with your wise esoteric knowledge. I'm SURE we can all learn from you.

yes, back to 2007 posting despite how asshurt and wrong you are, sperg.

mods were also still alive in 2007!

Normalfags love Sonys cinematic garbage like Uncharted/Last of Us/Dad of War/Days Gone/Spiderman because they're fucking interactive movies and it reminds them of the Hollywood movies they watch on cinema and TV.

Absolutely no depth or challenge attached to them full of handholding and random setpieces that remove your control from the game.

The only people I know that pay for this garbage don't actually play vidya.

What a horrible night to have cancer.

the fucked up thing about spiderman is it looks like it could be improved into something good, but the combat feels distinctly unspidey, and the qte's don't belong anywhere near the game. they actually have real 3D web slinging

Oh yeah, and this fucking retard

And it looks like floaty shit

I was expecting a hoverhand, very surprised.

it's a jewess, I don't even think 13 year old me would hoverhand a jewess

They both look like kikes
Maybe they're incestual twins?

An overrated game, but still an okay one I'll give you this one.

Also overrated but not also not terrible.

Absolute dogshit

Good but kickstarted the awful trend of overusing memes and brought in an awful amount of normalfags into gaming.

Thats Dunkey

who's this ?

has more credibility now

You're kind of an idiot aren't you

I'm about to blow everyone's mind in this thread. When you look at a game's release date, you will forever associate that game with that year. But the game itself is not a product of that release year, its a product of the previous years. Usually a game takes 1-2 years of development, and thus each of the games in this thread is actually a 2005 or 2006 game. This applies to every game ever made. Take 1998 for example, what's considered by many to be the greatest year in gaming. The games from that year started development within the console cycle of that generation, around 1996. There are exceptions of course, but this same rule applies to every game.

So what does this really mean? 2007 and '08 is where things started going downhill and yet the games that came out that year were overall amazing. The explanation for that is that things were still good in 2005 and 2006 and thus the quality of those years translated into the overall quality of 2007 and 2008. So take that example for famous bad years in gaming. What did we get in 2012 and 2013, famous bad years in gaming? We got the mindset and product of 2010-2011 development schedules. This shouldn't surprise everyone. But people still have a habit of associating a development schedule with the release year, the same way children and even normalfags think a new episode of a TV series is made within a week, South Park aside. Coincidentally, South Park became terrible once they started doing that.

tl;dr: A 2007 game is good because 2005 and 2006 were good. A 2012 game is bad because 2010-2011 sucked. A 2017 game is bad because 2015-2016 was CURRENT YEAR and CURRENT YEAR +1. So on and so forth.

then why do autistic memers associate the iphone and the big bang theory with 2007 when they were in development in 2005 and 2006? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

:nail_polish:

I just explained that. It's the same principle of association that I explained. People typically and forever associate a product with the release year, and not the development schedule. Then they associate the year with how good or bad the products were that year. Things don't just happen. What's bad occurs within a year but it was in the works the previous year.

This but also, 2007 marked a beginning of an end, not the end itself, there were still some good things coming out until 2012 but it marked a slow drop in quality. It was after 2012 that everything really died.

There's this new game coming out next year called Demon's Souls. It's PS3 exclusive. You think it will be any good?

Because the iPhone and The Big Bang Theory directly generated cancer, while good games in 2007 didn't change anything.

You can see this by looking releases, 2009 releases there are still some good games, but a lot more mediocre ones appeared 2010 releases, there are some okay games around the mediocre and bad ones, in 2011 there is maybe 2 or 3 good games, in 2012 there is almost none.

it's not about the games themselves it's what those games brought in

videogamechunkey

HAAHAHAHAHAHA

Here is some more 07 events.

g4 was always shit and

this is a useless image and even then, incredibly reaching. 2007 is a meme

the literal who

2007 wasn't a shit year, at least in vidya, but many of the retarded trends that plague the game industry and society at large started gaining traction exactly in 2007.

Can confirm everything post-2011 cancer.

post games from 1997 and 1987 as well
get ready for another fucking wave of normalfags

well what do you know

Good with co-op and is the final Halo, chronologically

Bland combat and shit stat building, but other than that it's okay

Good even if it's abit slow paced compared to the previous ones RIP CnC

The beginning of the 'cinematic games' bullshit

Good for the first half, tedious second half
Also arguably the only good and notable game made by Crytek

Probably the best RTT to have a singleplayer campaign, and has the best story out of all of them. and yeah 8/10 story

c'mon lad, that thing has so many bugs that some of the bugs became 'features'

You got me doubting my sanity for a moment you jerk

Feels bad man

2007 was the last good year for gaming. It all started to fall apart shortly afterwards. It was also the last year for PC demos.

January, 2007.

All shit

No shit.

normalfags didnt even say it until years afterward

don't bother. He's a newfag trying to fit in.

How did that year generated so much cancer in the first place? What cause those events in 2007 to happen?

more like a cancerfag

2007 was the last good year; more importantly it was the herald year for the decline of the world
Mike Gallagher became the head of the ESA in 2007

Android 'smart'phones and tablets also did 100X more damage than the iPhone, if android didn't provide a cheaper alternative for poor teenager shitskins everywhere in 2012, smartphones would have died as an expensive meme some years later.

Good answer.

Curious, was there any major events in 2012 that was as bad if not worse than what ever happened in 2007?

Obama reelection
Avengers capeshit movie making billions and fueling a new wave of "civilians" into the "lol I'm so nerdy" trend
Anita Sarkeesian TEDx speech
End of the world according to mayan calendary

How is such a thing is even possible?

We entered the Berestain Universe in 2012.

Pretty sure TvW kicked off in 2012 as well.

Also,

They didn't predict shit. It was just the end of a calendar cycle and all the new age faggots thought that meant it was the end of the world.

Just remembered another thing, Kikestarter started gaining traction in 2012. Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Ouya and Double Fine campaigns happened during 2012.

You're missing the point, OP. 2007 isn't regarded as the year that video games died because it didn't have any good games, quite the contrary although 2007 was certainly a step down in quality from the games of 2006, 2005, and especially 2004. Most of the "good" games ITT just look good compared to what came after, they pale in comparison to what came before. It's regarded as such because that's the year that all of the trends that have plagued gaming ever since became the norm. It's the year that taught the industry that you can get people to think that a 6/10 or a 7/10 game is a 10/10 masterpiece by using the right tricks. In the years to follow, developers would put more time and effort into mastering these tricks and less time into making fun and solid games, because they didn't have to. All they had to do was learn these tricks.
Look at your own thread for examples:

Taught the industry that a (for the time)unique setting and a """"""""deep"""""""" story could make people overlook lacking combat and shallow, almost pseudo, RPG mechanics.

Taught the industry that adding a lot of emphasis on romance and streamlining the mechanics of RPG to an almost comical degree garner very positive commercial and critical reception, despite a severe lack of actual roleplaying.

Taught the industry that making a game feel "cinematic" could hide the fact that the game just wasn't very good.

Taught the industry that perks, a movie-like campaign, and, again, streamlined mechanics could make your audience ignore mediocre gunplay and sub-par maps.

Taught the industry that DEEPEST LORE and "le quirky humor XD" could make an otherwise simple and bare-bones puzzle game seem like something more special than it actually was.
None of these games are bad(except maybe Uncharted), but they're not amazing either. However, by using these tricks, they were able to almost unanimously become recognized as masterpieces(outside of Holla Forums that is) while making previously unheard of amounts of money in the process, and the rest of the industry was quick to follow their example.

/autism

You can describe Bioshock as a punch on the dick and it would still be overrated.

I'd say 2007 was the beginning of the end. Everything since then was going downhill.

2010 was the last year when at least some good games came out. The Internet in general was somewhat good up until 2012.

2013 was the year the Internet died.

and how did it 'ruin the product' exactly?
after people started liking it the devs went back and changed the code so the game went to shit?

maybe it is time to learn that others' opinion of a game do not actually affect the game itself in any way

Because they know the audience will piss and moan while simultaneously preordering the special edition, the season pass, and the official Infinite Warfare™ Turtle Beach™ headset.

Also in 2007, the most evil, most loathed game was unleashed upon the world. Though I can't seem to find a consensus on whether this was 2007 or 2008 for some reason, so this might not count.

I reiterated my statement and explained more in an earlier post. It's more about the unwanted attention, than the game itself, so people bash it to scare other people who would lower the board quality substantially. Take a look at nearly any other site, it's awful.
Hope you understand, cheers!

I don't know, I thought if we ignore it then it will go away. :^)

The internet opening up to the normalfags even more.

Gaming went to shit in 2005. 2007 is when the internet died because of normalfags flooding in, thanks to Cancer media like Kikebook, twatter and dumblr.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this masterpiece, which was released in November 2007.

Fite me, you fucking cunts

i miss the fucking multiplayer. most fun i ever had online or at lan parties, but its fucking dead now and lan parties are like 2 times a year because we all live in different towns now.

"My name's user, I love doing the same 3 missions over and over just as much as I love sucking cock!"

GTA IV was supposed to be released in September 2007, but was postponed until April 2008 to add online multiplayer
It can be said it was a 2007 game

2 was better in every single way, but even then it wasn't that great,

Check those fucking Hitler dubs and shut up, faggot.

Worst MC, worst plot, worst urban areas, worst urban assets, worst music, and depending on the user's experience, worst combat/evasion

There is no point fighting ladyboys, you will end up with your stretched butthole being sodomized anyways

There, that is what 2007 symbolizes to me.

It can also be said the moon is fucking green if you consider a certain lighting but that doesn't actually make it green.

Yeah shoot, Vanquish is a 2016 game because it was released in 2016 :^)

Enjoyed, but was impressed with the style more than anything probably because it was different. Unique in many ways, but did not excel in any of them save for visually. 8.8/10

The Halo franchise never appealed due to silly aliens and Jaffe/Cliffy B homo-erotic character traits. Apparently multiplayer tag and flag matches that Christian summer camps enjoy were replicated nicely. na/10

A space game with RPG elements, so rare that I appreciated it very much. Good story and ambience, would have liked more detailed weapons and trinkets. 9.1/10

Didn't play seemed like it was designed by a weak person who wanted to be powerful thru fantasy for people of the same ilk. na/10

didn't play/10

Adventurous and weak on game play. Background artists did a solid job. 8.0/10

The wii was clearly designed for girls and soft boys of all ages right up to the day of death. Didn't play/10

Reputation for graphics preceded anything else. Still have not play, though current PC could probably handled it. na/10

Backlog/10

Tried but war games don't appeal. na/10

A good puzzler but very overrated. 7.2/10

simon says/10

A sad reminder of what quality games used to be. Exceptional value. 9.7/10

Backlog/10

I wanted to like this but I felt like I was playing it wrong. Exploration seemed to be penalized. Didn't play too much before I sold it. na/10

Super fun and a challenge if you went into harder areas at the start. Did not care for the art or the story so much but great game play. 8.6/10

My game of the year 2007. Why? Unique story and locations and fun assassinations. It is a great shame what agenda driven ideologues did to the series. Pandering and subversion only fools the weak for so long, and makes enemies of the strong who will work against you for free on principal alone.

Also, pic related was my dark horse. Fantastic story and fun game play.

ok faggots, time to fuck your brain up, keep in mind that some of these information have been erease from the internet.
The Year before everything went down the shitter.

>362 people died in a stampede on Jan. 12, 2006. Panic ensued after some pilgrims tripped over dropped luggage
archive.is/Xs5L#selection-387.326-387.437

>United Nations Human Rights Council, General Assembly established the UNHRC by adopting a resolution (A/RES/60/251) on 15 March 2006, in order to replace the previous CHR
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Human_Rights_Council

>In May 2006, another milestone was passed on the way to completion of the project, when the sequence of the last chromosome was published in Nature.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Genome_Project

>This led the International Astronomical Union (IAU) to define the term "planet" formally in 2006
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto

archive.is/6S1kE

>5 November 2006, Saddam was convicted of charges of crimes against humanity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein

you are way off, the thing is that this was already taken into consideration. Thats why the actually year is 2006 when the femnazu agenda started, from there it took maybe one or two year to enter gaming media because of developent time.

you can go to the psp game list on wiki, the first few month are ok, nice games, and than, boom, shit, shit, shit. remake, shit, bugfest, shit.

think about it, big bang, iphone, fuckbook, tumbrl. These things need time to build. May it be they started in 2007 but you can consider that the fucked up minds behind these things where actually working on it since 2006.

The shift is of course far more wide open therefore you have to say that the shittery of bullcrap happened inbetween 2006 - 2007

and if you want to be 100% safe, than do not come to close to content from 2006. Just look for stuff from before 2006

That was in 2006? It feels like it happened earlier than that.

It wasn't a meme in the game. It was barely a joke. You can't blame the game for the way people responded to it.

Because that's definitely the date it was first actually released on and definitely not a remaster.

It was 2011

ಠ_ರೃ

Dunkey is Black you racist

What if P5 Drops on PC during December

I don't like to talk about 2007

PURSEOWNER IS NOT TRUE MEGATEN