Hitman devs are now an independent company

Holy shit, IO Interactive is now an independent studio ala Platinum/ Pre 2014 From and they hold the rights to Hitman.

No more Squeenix to fuck up their games.

reminder that the best hitman is sa2.

What makes you think it was Squeenix fucking them up?
Hitman 2 and 4 were flukes.

This could be good. Let's hope for the best chaps.

I'll believe that they're good when the next Hitman game (or whatever else they make) is good, doesn't have DRM and isn't crippled by DLC, an episodic format or anything like that.

It could actually be really nice if they could move the entirety of nuHitman's online aspect to single player and make it one solid purchase.
Or even just get rid of Absolution's score system, that shit prevented me from liking it even ironically

I want a Kane & Lynch 3.

just go sifting through your local dumpster. I am sure you'll find it.

Absolution was good.

Fuck right off

I just hope they announce Season 2 has no Denuvo.

No

I tried it recently, played two levels and I can safely say it's one of the worst stealth games I ever played.
The levels are linear, there's basically no room for creativity.
AI is shit, they are either braindead or react unnaturally to everything you do.
Mechanics are idiotic, sneaking is slow and useless and the map with all the npcs positions is the worst implementation of a map I ever saw in a game.

1 is Contracts
Blood Money is 3

Kane and Lynch reboot when

Cosidering how they get fucked in the ass in less then a week after every new relaese by now, their biggest advantage for publishers is gone.

I'm sure if they just revised their business model to a non-episodic format, this would be easy

SE's corporate structure seems to destroy everything it touches, more so than most companies.

1 was a buggy piece of shit(still is)
Contracts was just a glorified remake/retread of the same old levels and none of the new ones were remarkable.

No, I tried but I found you instead.

step ur game up

Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Contracts
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Absolution
Hitman™

Get the fuck out of this thread

Hopefully its happens now due to them having less money.

Hello underage

Here

Nigga I don't give a shit about denuvo, I just want them to remove the fucktarded always-online grindfest crap for unlocks and make elusive target missions permanently accesible. Zero online "platform" and social media crap, just a proper Hitman game with no bullshit cancer attached, that's all I want.

Are you trying to claim it wasn't?
The only underage here is you

Still can't deny that it had one of the best soundtracks of the series.

Post best Hitman tunes. Thank you Jesper Kyd.

Do they also hold the rights to Kane and Lynch?

Embed related sounds a little too synth-ish these days. I remember thinking it was a real orchestra at the time, though.

I never played the first Hitman when it first came out. I think it being "too synth-ish" was the point, it is some Vangelis-tier shit IMO. Same reason why I like the Contracts soundtrack, even though it was more sample-based dark ambient with some house thrown in than Blade Runner inspired with sampled percussion.

Me and a friend of mine on some forum I used to use actually leaked a game called Soldier that was cancelled or had some kind of super limited release. According to a Wiki article he was the guy who composed the music, but we never got the music because what we leaked was a scene rip of the game, and those usually cut out the music entirely.

What I meant was that my embed, and Silent Assassin's soundtrack in general, had an "orchestral" sound that was a little too obviously the product of a synthesizer, rather than a real orchestra.

Oh fuck, I didn't realize that. Sorry. But yeah, regardless Hitman 2's soundtrack is great too.

wew

I don't remember imageboard users always being this retarded.

MAKE HITMAN GREAT AGAIN

fuck off

contracts was piss easy

They're all easy.

he is right though

Hang yourself, C:47 still holds up today
It fucking had proper working mirror for its time

Alright, I'll give you that. And the fucking snow castle. But those are exceptions rather than the norm.

Lying nigger, I can tell you just from my memory that the third mission (Kirov Park) can be done in more than three ways:
1. By Sniper
2. By Car bomb
3. By disguising and getting close and assassinating

You mean like Deus Ex and Duke Nukem 3D?
What a low fucking bar of quality
How about not having completely random CTDs and scripting errors up the ass?

What if the entire episodic cancer was IO's idea to begin with?
They had no trouble making turds like Kane and Lynch before square enix got to them

Every time I see a working one I smile.

You mean QTEs? Thr fuck you're smoking? There's no qte in codename 47
the games pretty good sans the Jungle levels

Crash to desktop.

Ctd means crash to desktop fam, as in game crashes like "x stopped responding"

But IOI are Dutch. :^)

Really? It worked fine when I replayed it two years ago

reminder that hitman 6 was distributed under IO interactive's terms, is one of the better designed hitman games, and there was no real market penetration for it.

reminder that square enix spent hundreds of millions on a studio that just couldn't deliver

you'll also be reminded when they produce a much cheaper game that nobody buys.

So when are they going to remove the online requirement for 99% of the new Hitman's features? So when is someone going to hack that shit to let pirates just do it regardless?

Seriously, when the fuck is this happening. It's completely unacceptable that all of the features of the game are locked behind an online-only barrier.

Probably never. Even if it's true that IO retains the rights to the Hitman brand, that likely only applies to future games, with Square Enix probably retaining ownership of NuHitman, and all the previous games.

It's really solid and has a lot of improvements to the AI that weren't carried over into later games, but I think it's put on a pedestal. There are parts of SA that are just as bad as the Congo missions in C47, and there are parts of C47 that are just as good as SA.

Please God let it be filled with people that actually like videogames

HEY FUCKFACE WHY DID YOU PUT AN APOSTROPHE THERE WHAT THE FUCK IS FUCKING WRONG WITH YOU RETARD HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT NIGGER SPIC KIKE DYKE

The latest Hitman game would be pretty damn good, if it had more than 5 maps. That's pretty much the definition of wasted potential.
Gameplay-wise, it felt like a direct continuation of Blood Money.

Pretending to be upset is not clever.

Well, it technically has eight, if you count the two small tutorial maps

So does this mean that Season 2 won't be complete trash like Season 1 is and that they might remove the always online DRM?

If they're smart, they'll drop the whole "season" thing altogether and just make a new, complete, standalone Hitman game.

Absolution had potential, utterly wasted but potential nonetheless

I don't mind episodic release. It just has to be done correctly like Doom. You're given a free episode like it's a demo and then you can purchase new ones after that.

Doom was shareware, not episodic.

To be honest I'm starting to suspect the DRM and online crap is going to stay. They never said a word to address the complains over the online bullshit.

But it is funny

seriously i maxed out paris and japan on professional and that was just another 3 play throughs of a level. get educated on what fucking grinding is because this game is pretty far from a fucking grind compared to everything else

They did. After they separated, NuHitman is now officially no longer episodic. Buying it now gets you the whole game now, instead of just the first few episodes.

Learn the definition of grinding. You don't get points in Hitman 2016 for repeatedly doing the same thing over again.

Relax, my friend. 'Grinding' as a criticism has lost all meaning since it is nowadays almost exclusively used by people who have never played any of the MMOs, which brought the term into common parlance, against games which require any amount of repetition whatsoever in relation to some kind of resource- or character-tied gated progression. They don't have the perspective required to understand what a real grindfest actually is.

No, it's just shit design.

You still have to be online to keep any of the weapons or upgrades you got, and the events are still one-time things that are gone forever now.

Good. Especially for it's age, FFS it came out seventeen years ago, back when Deus Ex and Thief were considered pretty…
Godd.
Good. Sure part of it is a remake, but it's just story wise, since the maps are different.
Great, near perfection game.
Shit. No other words to describe it.
Meh. They tried to make a Hitman game out of Abortion. It's a much much better level design wise and globally everything, but you can't get rid of the HORRIBLE controls due to fucking CONSOLE which resulted in stupidizing the AI because if you can't react fast enough with a gamepad so you have to slower the IA takes on things (which wasn't particularly smart to begin with), instead of the crisp hyper reactive controls that were in the previous one, leaving you to fight the interface instead of the game 99% of the time.

nigga you just went full retard

Old news, honestly. I hope they'll go on to spite Squenix and make great games. One more independent studio and one less scummy Jap publisher is always good. Aren't most of Squeenix's recent releases massive failures?

I didn't know about this. That's actually a little encouraging. They should never have done it in the first place, but at least they have enough common sense to clean up the fucking mess they made.

Hitman games have been on consoles since Silent Assassin; that's not a valid excuse for the shitshow that was Absolution.

They are currently hiring multiplayer programmers.

There is a difference between a game developed for PC and ported to console and vice versa.
Abortion was the first game of the series meant for console and which PC version is just a port.

i hope they are financially sound

Me too, but I hope they downsize so they don't have to make big AAA sales to stay alive. I'd rather have 20 extremely dedicated dudes working on a minimalist hardcore stealth game than 200 working on a casualized one with fancy gwafix.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EVERYTHING WILL BE FIRE

Why Absolution has better graphics than new Hitman? They forgot what shaders are?

Shameful

Agent 47 will be a stronk black female in the next game.

more shitty shaders doesn't always make the game look better
the latest hitman has a clean artstyle which looks really nice and bigger levels than anything in absolution.

Look at this shit

I had forgotten how over the top the bloom and DOF in Absolute shit was.

You mean no more SquareEnix to give them unlimited budget to waste on graphics and presentation.

If they release another Shitman it will be the same casual gimmick shit but look worse

Kill yourself, you illiterate faggot. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE ONLINE TO PLAY A SINGLE PLAYER GAME AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON.

Does anyone know if taking the save file from someone who has unlocked everything and using it offline on a cracked copy will keep everything unlocked?

Only Square Enix' own IPs get unlimited budget and unlimited dev time, it's their western studios who seem to be under a certain guideline: make a ton of money fast with a limited budget.

Of course

that rope thing looks like dildos

what if there's custom missions/characters function to download other peoples shit. what if there's a messaging system like dark souls. hitman went about it the wrong way but there's reasons for singleplayer games to have internet connectivity just not always online.

Literally contracts, over 250000 made by the 1 year anniversary

They were already including anti-drumpf shit.

Voice director was a virtue signalling cunt on twitter.
Funny as hell, since that's the weakest aspect of it, the voice direction.

i played it on fucking linux and it didn't crash once, the only problem with the game is the jungle level being a huge pain

i think that's lens flare, not bloom. And developers never do dof right, they think they can tack it on everything and call it a day, it pisses me off

There's a demo out now.
1st two tutorial maps.

Denuvo is now removed in the latest update

Nice. How about them making the elusive targets be more than just one attempt, then?

I hope they didn't forget how to make a good game because of the time they spent with SE.

Fug, any chances those guys will be coming back now? Who did they fire specifically?

Can't make this shit up. I mean, I guess he gets points for trying, but how fucking stupid does he think they are?
I'd consider it an insult.

You'll meme that monkey pawn into reality, you fucker!

Considering the last two Hitman games, I'm gonna say they did. 2016 was just Absolution 2: now with maps that are 10x bigger than they need to be.

I looked up 2014 layoffs and it didn't happen, turns out there were layoffs in 2017 and square enix had nothing to do with them.

stop trying to push the "le publishers are evil!" narrative.

Oh alright then, that's a bit reassu-
Okay now I'm just gonna look it up myself, because you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.

Yeah alright, laying off a bunch of people because SE put them up for sale has nothing to do with SE. Why exactly are you shilling for Square Enix of all things?

Probably the best result they could have wished for though, now they're free to do their own thing instead of getting bought by another soulless publisher.

I can't get why Squenix would let them keep the Hitman IP. It doesn't make any sense, there's gotta be some sort of backroom deal we're not seeing.

obviously they've made some backroom deal, but they're not going to disclose it for a while.

it's almost like you're a retard trying to sell a narrative and the reality is they both agreed these terms were for the best of the future of IO and Square separately. Drink bleach.

it's almost as if the industry isn't some evil thing and publishers are just publishers, some of them fuck up, some of them don't, and developers are just developers, some of them (IOI) fuck up, and some of them don't or try to make it right (IOI)

inb4 they sell themselves to valve, nintendo, or microsoft within the year.

Not evil, sure, but buisness savy, unless the Hitman series was a total drain on SE's other projects I don't really see why they'd just give it to IO, did Hitman 2016 do that badly?

People are saying they removed dobungo with the latest update but the always online crap is still there.
I'm guessing IO doesn't have the money to pay for another debobo update, especially since the game already got cracked a while back.
What are the chances they'll fully chemo the game?

hitman 2016 did very well according to SE, especially the first episode. Probably under-performed in the end, which was likely SE's reason for agreeing to a separation especially without the hitman IP.

My advice is to stop listening to retards trying to perpetuate the muh developer didn't do nuffin he was a gud boi gettin his life on track he was goin ta church which need mo money for dem programs and actually look at the reality of the situation, read reporting regarding IOI in particular.

Just because Holla Forums didn't buy it because MUH DENUVO BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW doesn't mean it wasn't successful everywhere else. Reality is, most PC gamers don't fucking care about denuvo.

I think Denuvo updates your game for free. You only pay 100k$ once and you have a choice to remove it whenever you want

The cracked version still doesn't save your progress right?

Most PC gamers are pirates, your claim is false.

So do you guys not understand what happened here?
IO obviously bought themselves out of Square Enix and also i
n turn purchased the Hitman IP.

We don't know how this contract works and if they even have ownership of the engine used in Hitman.

it's a buyout.

obviously the newer hitman series was a success, I mean how would you have the money to buy out your own company.

I think it works like the regular offline mode, i.e. your saves get flagged as offline and you get no unlocks or ratings when you finish the mission.

You almost had me.
If anyone here is even trying to sell a narrative it'd be you.
Saying SE has nothing to do with IOI laying off people, when they put them up for sale is retarded. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, because ultimately it resulted in them becoming independent, but saying they had nothing to do with it and are unrelated is completely disingenuous

You sure talk like you have more knowledge about what went about between the two. Care to cite those sources? Because you talk like IOI touched you on the no-no parts.

Okay, so definitely a shill.

triggered Holla Forumstard detected lmao

it's almost like some people are deliberately leaving out parts of the story to perpetuate a le publishers are evil narrative or something

Nice argument.

downvote negated

Negation of downboat negated :^)

but denuvo is the reason you wouldn't buy this game. are you telling me there's always online without denuvo? wow next you'll tell you still can't mod the game

Get fucked you disingenuous IO cocksucking fanboy. You know exactly what the problem is, you've spent the whole thread defenging all the bullshit surrounding this game, I seriously hope you're at least getting paid to swallow so much splooge.

sound a little booty bothered over a game you'll never play

They literally bought themselves back from SE you retard

What the fuck are you even trying to say with this? Did you read anything beyond what you just quoted?
Are you having brain problems or are you trying to talk about something you have no fucking clue about? Because SE did put them up for sale.

It's like talking to fucking downies in here.