Holla Forums was right: Dishonored 2 is feminist-motivated

archive.is/ISuNH

Say it with me:

Holla Forums was right!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Lbj8j
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not like it costs them anything to say that.

Oy vey.

T-thanks

Wow its something everyone already knows about!!!

I wonder why a 'feminist' 'woman' wants women to be portrayed as a merciless mass murderers in games.

SING WITH ME

Meh. After playing the first one I didn't have any interest in the second. Ol' Hooknose having input in it just reenforces that.

At least Emily's cute.

Somebody got the screencap of that rubbish she said? Something about "we are not here to take your vidya".

Was. Before she became dyke. Thanks a fucking lot, marxists.

kek you fucking serious? Jesus the first game was kinda shit, but they just went full tilt with the second.

I have to agree with this
Very true
Problematic indeed

Wasn't it a commercial failure too? If so it's a good thing she was involved, it'll put other publishers/devs off of doing it.

It was Jim Sterling and cokehead talking about taking peoples games away.
This gem is all her.

I don't have it, though I know where that screencap was from.

archive.is/Lbj8j

Dishonored is quite possibly the most mediocre series of games I've ever seen. They're just competent enough that I don't have any major complaints but also not good enough that I can say anything good about it. The very definition of a 5/10.

>>>Holla Forums

>>>/out/

>>>/svidya/

Dishonored 2 has been blatant SJW garbage from day one, I knew exactly what it was going to be as soon as the first trailer dropped. We got another 'stronk womyn' doing stronk womyn things like stabbing bad guys double her size with OP powers and shit. Oh, you could also play as Corvo or something if you really wanted.

The idea that an Empress is running around stabbing guards in the neck is retarded anyway.

Isn't she a Mary Sue in this one? I read that playing with her is like playing easy mode because she has all the best powers.

Pretty much. It's all insta-kills and shit, not like Dishonored is hard at all either way. Her blink is nerfed, but that's about it.

That's been Arkane ever since Bethesda bought them out. Arx Fatalis had a lot of soul, Dark Messiah was fun and tried to undermine the usual fantasy tropes and had two hot waifus. Dishonored had good art direction (since development began before the buyout) but it's piss easy and without any real direction. It doesn't know what it wants to be, and stealth games that give you no reason to sneak around are shit by default.

Prey and D2 were just bland shit, with D2 being offensive bland shit.

I fail to see how they could possibly make Dishonored any more easy than it already is.

Didn't D2 bomb anyway?

So did Evil Within. Doesn't stop Bethesda from making a sequel for whatever ungodly reason.

Dishonored 2 was only disliked for the compatibility issues. Now that DooM and Prey are stable on PC, they're gaining consumer trust.

Of all words, tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "Holla Forums was right again!"

Won't help them with sales since the crucial opening weeks have been lost in a shitstorm of bad PR and negative reviews. Normalfags have the memory of goldfish and will move to the next shiny, overhyped turd first chance they get and never look back.

and nothing of any value was lost

Fuck off shill.

She canonically has a boyfriend in Dishonored 2, and never expresses any interest in women.

That's Holla Forums, retard.

Holla Forums half-asses everthing and doesn't go through with them.

A fenceshitter would say that they're half-right.

On the otherhand, an intelligent human being would say their wrong.

Therefore, Holla Forums is always wrong.

This is true, dishonored was garbage, agendas or not.

Ok.

How ironic.

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR.

It just wasn't up to our quality standards.

It just wasn't meant to be.

heh, idpol

Guess not.

That's the worst part about all of this. As complex as politics and socio-economics, and even the human mind can be, these people are painfully transparent and their motivations can be determined at a glance.

Of course it was about feminism, because the vidya and tech industries are full of feminist boot-lickers who are full of white-guilt and self-loathing.

Dishonnored 2 was alright but it wasn't even as good as the first one which is really troubling.

You can put a woman in, but she still won't play it (or the original).

Premature wrong opinion?

because they have no agency. Its like the commie devs making an assassins creed game about niggers being society destroying savages.

I cant wait til all of these games come out, the memes and salt are going to be glorious. One thing in particular that I cant wait for is the new COD.

I cant wait to find out these kikes had the audacity to dedicate an entire level and all of the squadmate banter after that level to the discovery of a concentration camp.

All of these games coming out are going to destroy the video game industry just like the sjw comics ruined marvel.

Should I post that SFM animation of her 3D model from the first game? probably not.

How many layers of irony are you on right now?

Do it fag

So they have something to turn around and whine about in a decade.

Post yfw you didn't waste money on this garbage nor did you waste your bandwidth downloading it.

The best part is that I know there are plenty of anons on here who did

°μ°

Its confirmed she likes Wyman.

I have Dishonored 1, haven't played it yet. But I sure as hell don't want to play 2 or 3 thanks to these fucking kikes.
I'm a little worried for Darksiders III, but we always knew that there was a female Horseman.

heh

There's no Dishonored 3. Unless you're talking about the newly announced standalone DLC?

Ah, I wasn't sure if it was DLC or a game.

Contrary to what a lot of Holla Forums will tell you, Dishonored 1 is very good. If you already have it, play it. If you didn't have it I would tell you not to give these kikes you money and to pirate it if you wanted to play it instead.

You needed Holla Forums to tell you that?

Yeah I figured.
I like all the themes and the concept of a supernatural stealth game.

Why are her nipples on her hips?

So literally they get one of every type of character in the game except guard, assassin and gangster? Oh wait, there was a female assassin in Daud's gang and female gangsters in his DLC. So basically there's male and female of every type in the game except guards, of which there's only male?
That doesn't seem like "narrow roles" to me.

They did a pozz upgrade on the entire universe.

Most of the writing was non-sensical too. They have you replace a ruling Duke with a lookalike (because that's sure to work). As you counter-signal rule by aristorcracy/bloodline. Dude ffs you spent both games putting a non-qualified child dyke on the throne because muh bloodline.

Then somehow you magically restore Emily to the throne, without any factional allies, the overseers in ruin, with gangs running the city, and nobody ever liking her anyway wtf.

Who are also the same groups you're supposing to be killing to get to your objectives. If most of them were women you'd have that bitch going "hurr this game is a sexist gamergate women killing simulator!"

Yep. 1 is very good.

They probably should've stuck in some aerial surveillance/drones to maintain the challenge level though.

Drones would have been neat. Would make other powers more useful. After I finish yet another New Vegas run I might play Dishonored again and try to use and abuse the time power as much as I can. In my original run I used Blink, rats, Dark vision, and shadow kill almost exclusively. I only seriously used posession once and that's when I skilled it to easily get me out of the place you wake up in when Daud gets you.

I was planning on pirating this, does it still run like hot ass? My computer isn't that great and I don't want to bother if I'm just gonna uninstall it immediately.

Technically they started as "being a murderer is DNA based, that's why we you, a hoodie wearing sandnigger, was selected for this program"…
THEN, when people pointed it out, they added the disclamer 'We're totally not racist, we're just retards".

lmao, what a flop.

I used a bit of possession on rats to get through small vents, but using it on people ends up as another overpowered cheat tbh.

I thought Sarky-Sark had moved on to bigger and better things, HOW ODD she and Zozoey make a comeback out of nowhere like this.

That sweet kikestarter money must be drying up. They're probably pretty annoyed most of the big titles at E3 had strong black womyn on them, so the only controversies they managed to stir up are the 2014 tweets of that one guy and Mario wearing a sombrero, and no one is buying either of those.

Huh, industrial age "England" wasn't exactly ride with female representatives in combat, whodathunkit. I know she died, but the Empress WAS the ruler of the kingdom. That's an important position.

I liked Corvo anyway, I played him in both. His journey makes more sense.

Broken clock, twice a day, etc etc.

the whole ass

The latest patch apparently fixes it for quite a few people, including the horrible frametiming, but it hasn't been cracked yet.

S-stop giving them attention goy, t-they'll go away eventually!

Two tiny little things that would have fixed Dishonored.

1. Make light/dark matter for concealment, so when you're in a dark area, you're harder to detect, and when you're in a bright area, you're easier to detect. This is a core element of every good stealth game and it's absurd that they took it out for Dishonored.

2. Go back to the original plan of no mana bar, and spells costing health. It would have balanced Blink and all the other spells and would have contributed to the tone of the setting and magic as a dangerous element that can kill you if you aren't careful.

(checked)
So Eragon rules.

It should depend on how dark, even if you only have two states: detection and non detection, that only the actually dark should hide you. Then you avoid the possible "Oh boy I'm in the shade of this tree and am therefore undetectable".

This would have been very interesting, though if they did that I would like to see the powers be buffed a lot. The greater the risk the greater the reward should be, especially since magic seems to not have an awful lot of rules. Perhaps make blink like Daud's Assassins where it works from long distance, and make the timestop power actually stop time until you want it to unstop; the trick being that for ~30 seconds-1 minute you only pay the up front cost but after that you get a slow and steady drain of health… and cannot drink health potions during the effect. Things like that.

Most stealth games have a gradient of detection depending on how dark the area you're in is.

As to the magic it's already so powerful it turns the game into a joke even on max difficulty, the whole point of making it cost health would be to bring some balance and make it not brokenly overpowered since you have to ration it out. If you turned around and then buffed it even more, then that'd negate the balance of making it cost health and turn it absurdly overpowered again.

Yeah, it's got him returning to his homeland. Obviously the story was written for him first, and then adding emily as a optional protag was tacked on because of "pressure".

It's absurd. Why not have the next Tomb Raider game give me the option of playing as one of lara's male friends, because anyone can be muh tomb raider.

But it should.

It still bothers me that emily, the delicate princess who is educated and refined, leaps into the fray and starts murdering people on par with corvo, the trained assassin and royal protector. Also the next Dishonored already commits to lore rape just from the trailer.
THEY ARE GONNA KILL THE OUTSIDER, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT HORSESHIT?

I want to see what excuses those fucks bring out now.

Many of those "people" were just shills and fanboys. They have no excuse because their posts were always disingenuous right from the start.

First one's in D2, though I really didn't see it having any effect even with custom difficulty. Second one's in D1 as a bonecharm, but never really fleshed out.

Corvo spent a shit load of time training her cause she was too bored to be an empress. It's in the tutorial. Also, the destroyed the Outsider by giving him that retarded backstory, so it's not surprising they're continuing the trend.

didn't they already release this game and it was a huge flop?

Right? I mentioned that right after the trailer, isn't the Outsider supposed to be like Satan or something? Now the strong lesbian black cyborg womyn is going to try to kill him, and I bet she'll succeed.

Corvo trained her while she was growing up but that's only explained if you play the training part of the game.

daud is going to be the same character just like the first game.

But why? In dishonored 1 she was seen as some delicate flower with maids and attendants to teach her how to rule. Would combat training not interfere with that? Why didn't he train the previous empress? I guess I can buy that.

Well they made him just some guy with magic in 2, so no. They removed everything cool and mysterious about him.

Syndicate is a fucking hilarious game for all the wrong reasons.

The old empress died so and corvo was paranoid of losing family again.

Cause he was banging the previous empress, and he felt fatherly responsibility to their kid. D1's events put the fear of the lord in him, so he spent his time making sure Emily was a competent fighter instead of preventing her from running the empire into the ground (see everything that happens in Serkonos).

No, he's more "lolsorandumb" executed in a way that was interesting.

That's fair. It would be nice though to see a power that's even more broken but almost kills you. I'm definitely not saying don't increase the health costs to go with the buffs, it just might make them even more niche and encourage you not to use them. I can, however, also see where having something too powerful would make the game a cakewalk despite having rediculous costs to yourself. Magic tends to do that in a lot of scenarios.

Wish fulfillment.

Because magical super assassins are cool as fuck.

Because feminists want to kill all men.

The main villain is a witch tho

And about that, for some reason D2 recycles the Daud DLC's story. Out of everybody in that entire setting, they bring back the one person who has either been killed/exiled to oblivion as a villian. WHY? Daud's not even around in the base game, so it's just a wasted plot point.

because they are creatively bankrupt.

That's a boring answer and nigh inconsistent with the setting. Also, the writing - the actual writing that drives the plot forward, not the lore - took a wet splat into a pit of dung. Badly written characters, extremely vicious 'nonlethal' routes without an ounce of catharsis e.g the Jindosh lobotomy was quite possibly the worst way to end the best level in the game. It's all just shit, and a waste of a well-realized setting.

I'm still playing through it and it's pretty mediocre but I think people these days aren't used to mediocre experiences.
The worst part of it is definitely the level design which instantly kills any pretention of it being a good game. It has some stroke of genius with hidden passages and cleverly done puzzles but it's way too sparse and few.
A shame because I liked the first one's DLCs.

What magical training lets you choke out people twice your size? Besides, there's a difference between LARP training and and a lifelong experience of combat. It's embarassing to even stick it in the game.

Blink is essential to the experience. You'd have the problem of getting half way through a stage and having no blink. That's why mana always recovers enough for a blink.

The best solution is just to have more aerial surveillance so it doesn't become a walk in the park.

No, it's not. There are very few places where you actually need it.

I am so glad I did not buy it.

Blood choke. Done in the name of parity regardless. Bad call too, the characters should have played different from each other beyond powers.
I call BS. Also, no powers mode is a thing.

Never said they all were. I imagine they have some great concept artists who make these cool designs and settings, but then the writers take it and shit all over it. It's a shame.

He's Q from Star Trek.

I think he means running out of it could fuck you. Say you blink onto a rooftop with the last of your Mana/health. Boom, no way down without killing yourself, and if you don't have a save, back to the beginning of the level.

You can dislike the easing up on difficulty, but the average person doesn't like hard failure states. It's not very marketable.

You can have 10 health potions on you at a time. Anyone who does that is retarded and deserves the failure.

Should have thought shit through before going up there.

You mean it might introduce some challenge into the game? Oh, no! We can't have that!

They actually took that into account. The average person will have mana regen enabled, and blink being a low-cost power regens all the mana from its last use, thus always leaving the player with enough to pull themselves out of a sticky situation. Casual-tier design decision, but at least you can turn regen off.

I'm all for making it a mode, they already have one that racks up the consequences, but people don't play console stealth games for time wasting bullshit like mission restarts anymore, that shit died with Splinter Cell.

It's part of the movement system. The mistake they made was making it a supernatural power, when they could've just had Joplin rig up a grappling hook. Would you be complaining about overuse of a graphook? No.

This guy gets it, make this stuff toggleable.

Normalfags aren't people, they are intellectual cancer on legs. It's why the world we live in is so shit.

I would if it let you teleport and could be used to teleport right behind enemies.

Yes I would. Even when Thief did it, they at least restricted it to a particular type of ceiling, so it was actually contextual in terms of level design rather than gamebreaking.

You know the game has quicksaves right?

disgusting. I'd rather it be game breaking than "press x to teleport"

Thief also made stealth a necessity for survival. In Dishonored you can just go on an unstoppable rampage since the enemy has very few ways to actually counter you. The biggest problem with Dishonored is that it wants to be both Thief and Prototype and fails at both.

What the fuck is wrong with being a witch or a queen? It's not like those people are lacking in power. And all the males in the game are degenerates, drones, or murderers.

I'm not sure if they want to do this, but you can be sure they will do this in the near future. Hell I'm pretty sure they do this now although they disguise it as "female male character" whatever the fuck that means. These "people" are just looking to complain in a desperate attempt to fill the void in their petty lives.

Yeah how did i know you were a thieffag that just wanted a clone. j/k.

Na, but the point is that blink is a foundational element of its movement mechanic. No different to sprint or jump. The fuckup wasn't the blink power, it was in not accounting for the challenge level.

Oh, they want to do this. Feminists hate everyone, especially men, as much as they hate themselves.

Read my post again. Thief had rope arrows, Thi4f had press X to ____. In fact, why the fuck would I talk about that abortion?

Except that Dishonored wasn't really designed as a stealth game and follows more the philosophy set up by Dark Messiah. It's arcade stealth, barebones. However, you'd expect anybody who puts in that sort of mechanic to actually flesh them out, which is where I hold Arkane at fault.

The game opens up with encouraging you to sneak around and it was marketed as a sneaking game. Now, I wouldn't have a problem if the game allowed for a variety of playstyles depending on what skills/powers you pick, but it doesn't matter in any way since it's so piss easy any build basically plays the same.

It's another one of those hollow modern games where you have to create your own limitations to eke out some entertainment from the game.

Dark Messiah had actual working stealth. Sure, there were some level design issues with it (mandatory boss fights mainly but I can forgive that since it was never billed as a stealth game to start with) but by and large it was solid, had proper light/dark detection and even footsteps though poorly tuned. More than we can say for Dishonored.

Even so, with teleport that would be boring. I could get behind the overseers using their magic disruptors to make it more difficult, but the freedom the teleport gives makes the game fun. I'd rather make the rest of the game more challenging than gimp the player.

Which is exactly my point. Their grasp on gameplay seems to be regressing between games, with the best being Arx Fatalis (modded) and their latest games looking like they're grasping for air.

It's just that I'd like traversal to be anything other than what it is. Far Reach is a step in the right direction with conserving momentum, pulling enemies up and stuff, but it's still not there yet.

Arx Fatalis has worthwhile mods outside Arx Libertatis?

I wonder how much this has to do with Bethesda since it seems the kind of company wide policy they'd implement. I mean, it reeks of their TES and FO games where there are basically no hard limits to what you can do and achieve in the game.

I mean that it's not a clear cut step/goal in their "masterplan". not matter what happens they will bitch about it. They will bitch about anything.

I had an idea where the magic was not powered exclusively by health, but by blood/life instead, meaning that you had to constantly kill to keep your mana up, or lose your health instead. That would also explain all the sacrifices people were doing to communicate with the outsider. Maybe you got a limited amount of "potion" vials that you would fill up from recent corpses so you can use it later.

What the fuck. I haven't played 2, but why would they do this? What's his story then?

This user gets it. But as other user said, they didn't flesh it out well enough in design stages. Drones would've solved helped big time.

This brings up another point. The previous empress died because of Dauds magic ability, not her lack of boxercize classes. Why didn't Corvo fill the castle with magic boxes?

Why is this such a fucking hard thing to understand?

I was talking about Libertatis. Without it I'd be better off playing Dark Messiah.

That's the left in a nutshell. The only plan they have, insofar as you can refer to it as a plan, is to push progress for the sake of progress. This basically demands they forever seek new heights of moral outrage, and since they've basically achieved everything (and more) that they wanted all they've left to do is nitpick over shit in perpetuity growing more deranged as the years go by.

Because the whole industry is geared towards shitting out the next "blockbuster" that no one can figure out how a game with a moderate budget targeted at a specific community can actually make money.

I haven't either, but just seen clips of it. There's a part when you're in the void or something and the outsider just says he was sacrificed in some ritual and then got powers, so he fucks with people.

That's what we get when you let women think they are people. Who else would think this explanation wasn't complete dogshit? How the fuck do you manage to fuck up something as basic as "mysterious and ambiguous deity out to fuck with people"? Nope, he's just some random faggot that got his powers for shit and giggles, not some Lovecraftian creature masquerading as a human with his own goals.

Fucking cunts.

the dog jumping off at the end really adds to the "quality" of it

it's also very funny

The highest difficulty is the new normal now.

This is awful but I've definitely seen worse.

I do, but that's still a concept alien to normalfags. It's like how if you know what you're doing, you generally start a Platinum game on at least Hard, as the easy and normal are toned down to the average users level.

You can also thank Gamergate for being able to enjoy a Trump Presidency.

Stop being a normalfag advocate.

Yeah this. I remember some early theory that he was a whale-like spirit and that was kind of scary, given how their industrial society was built on the mass slaughter of whales and this guy was kind of their manifest revenge. Either way, the new story is fucked.

Hell, the setting and lore was the best thing going for the original. Instead of improving the gameplay, they start raping the world all on the advise of Anita. They even give you a HAPPY ENDING ffs where none of your friends die and no sacrifices are made.

TOPKEK
That's LITERALLY the backstory of the main antagonist of Bible Black. The fucking hacks.

i should get around to playing it some time

Hey, if you've seen the Monster Hunter thread, I'm not exactly begging them to come in and ruin our hobby, I just understand why these decisions are made.

Monster Hunter makes no sense though, since they're risking their entire billion dollar Japanese audience for a theoretical American one.

Oh man, that was some topshit boner fuel back in the days. The occult shit really got me hard, even though the futa stuff was weird as fuck.
Is there anything else similar or comparable in quality?

Holla Forums is always right

except when it comes to video games

Not our fault you have shit taste.

minor details

Nope. Bible Black is the Citizen Kane of hentai.

now how did that trigger you

I'd like to interject and just say that, by claiming they did it for "feminism", they get to claim whatever good boy points they were promised without actually having to do any more work on their part.
It's basically free publicity for the moral and ethical field and it doesn't actually mean they believe this. It's lip service and outright believing it is just being a gullible fool.

Not saying it's false either, but it's not like they went out of their way to make a feminist power fantasy.
Games where you get to pick your gender are not unusual and getting 2 different characters for each gender that even play differently isn't that weird. Gauntlet isn't feminist propaganda just because you can play the Valkyrie, for instance and neither is Golden Axe.

Furthermore, the villain is a witch that uses magic and charm to get her ass on the throne. If that's not a metaphor for nepotism and the closest thing to "5 guys, burger and fries" for that universe, you're a dense motherfucker.

Emily was already foreshadowed to have been touched by the Outsider in the first game, it was clear as day that, if there ever was a sequel, she'd be the main character. Giving you the option of playing as Corvo is actually pretty cool considering they can go through the whole story with the same relevance. It's actually equality well done.

Holla Forums is always right.

I think they care more about destroying the west than killing all men. That's why they are surprisingly supportive of a certain very patriarchal group of invaders.

Well aren't they fucking special little dandruff flakes. You can thank Holla Forums for eventually waking me up to the jewish question. I win. lol

Hah, get on my level.

Goodness gracious this is embarrassing.

I want casuals to leave.

That's not irony.

I started 2 earlier. Might have fucked myself over by choosing no powers as Corvo. Don't know what run to do. Kind of leaning towards just stealth and save powers for Emily on the next playthrough.

It's good for fucktards who hate stealth games and love easy as piss "games".

Go fuck yourself

Already there my good lad.

I sometimes feel like she is just fucking with us intentionally.

Why is this meme appearing all of a sudden?
First of all, D1 was supposed to be a stealth game and called a spiritual successor to Thief by it's developers, for a spiritual successor to Thief it had no light and shadow playing in factor in how well you are hidden, it had no gear shifting and different speeds of walking and crawling, it had only basic, caveman mechanics of hiding behind physical objects and moving past the guards like mgs1 that came out 20 years ago, sound played no role whatsoever in stealth, there were no different types of terrain making different kinds of sound.
For a stealth game it went out of it's it's way to give the player fun ways to MURDER everything and gave 0 punishment for it, "but if you kill enemies, zombies will appear and you get a bad ending", wow how amazing, it's almost as if you're implying that i will playing trough this shit twice.
And that doesn't even bring us to the biggest offender in this game, Blink.
Why would i crawl on the ground and enjoy your carefully crafted stealth set pieces when i can just say "fuck it" and teleport across the room? This game is such a failure at a design level that if you play it as a stealth game you are in fact doing it wrong, this is just some generic fps hack and slash with an optional stealth approach.
It also looks like shit.

D1 is to Thief what Prey is to System Shock 2. Arkane are fast becoming a developer specialized in delivering washed out and barebone spiritual "sequels" to legendary games.

It's always been around.

I'll go ahead and say Dishonored was a good combat game if you played it on max difficulty and weren't a casual bitch who gets mad about unhappy endings. The combat was pretty fucking fun and while not as good as Dark Messiah for one on one combat, it handled groups pretty damn well and had all sorts of cool violent options for dealing with enemies. The atmosphere was also pretty fucking solid and the worldbuilding was decent.

That said the stealth was trash and the people defending Dishonored as a stealth game are probably fucking casuals who haven't played Thief or Styx or even Splinter Cell, and so don't know what a real stealth game is to compare Dishonored to.

If standards don't go up, they go down.

Nice try, Holla Forums. Try a little bit harder next time.

That describes Bethesda in general. Can't wait for nu-Arcanum, Social Justice edition.
In it, humans lead by a Nazi with a blond hairdo called Tonald Drumpf conspire to elect him as empower by magic hacking the election. He does this to genocide the Gnomes over an imagined slight where he believes that gnomes were part of a conspiracy to make a slave race of half-ogres. This is of course false as Half-Ogres are just as intelligent as humans and ogres themselves are kangz who dindu nuthin and would be ruling the world if it weren't for human supremacy.

In terms of original stealth games it's not that great as a stealth game, but as a combat/stealth hybrid it's fun. Especially if you want to feel like a badass. Like the stop time ability. It's a fun game, but I wouldn't say it's great, just good. Could do with being harder though. Corvo quickly becomes overpowered, though I suppose that's the point. You're a force of nature, hellbent on revenge.

Wyman's sex is apparently "unspecified" according to Arkane despite the prequel book for the game, some other side material like comics, and several translations of the game all referring to Wyman as a man. Since I find it hard to believe that Arkane let so many apparent mistakes concerning a character's sex slip, I suspect it's all just bullshit to cover their asses from tumblrina rage.

Opinion discarded, Schlomo.

This reminds me how the Bioware cucks recycled a DLC villain as the main antagonist for Dragon Age Cisquisition.

Thing is, Dishonored sucks as both a stealth game and a straight-up combat game.

Stealth is pointless, enemies are weak and dumb as fuck, even on hard difficulty, and there's barely any point where you need to be careful in order not to be detected. You can quite literally backstab an enemy some five feet from another enemy and they won't notice shit.

Combat is literally Skyrim-tier, press attack for generic slashing and block for blocking, with blocking at the perfect moment basically making it into a first-person Ass Creed where you can one-shot most enemies in a matter of seconds.

The only way to make the game fun is to just fuck around with powers and gadgets to do some funny takedowns. This is also the reason why the no-powers route in Dishonored 2 sucked, because the combat and gadgets suck on their own.

what did bethcucks and arkanecucks mean by this?

Its complexity comes in the form of corvos abilities tbh. I wont pretend it's a great game gameplaywise or stealth wise, but it's good in that combined with it's average combat/stealth/and powers it's fun and becomes good as a power trip kinda game, where you feel above all the competition with the exception of daude. The setting in my opinion was also cool, loved the cyberpunk theme with gothic architecture.

What's the point of all the complexity if the game never actually demands you bother with it? You can just blink and backstab everyone on the map with no issue.

This is a problem a lot of modern "immersion sims" and games in general have. They give you all manner of tools but absolutely no reason to bother with them because the most efficent way to deal with any problem the game presents is using the same set of skills you had at the beginning or a particular combo it is obvious is overpowered and works against everything.

Complete fucking bullshit. Prototype was a good power trip game because the enemies actually did pose a challenge. You were powerful and with all manner of insane powers, but your opponents could hit back at you effectively.

You cinsider that image rebuttal ? Are you 12 ?

Queen.
Theyre bitching that the game doesnt revolve around them, because theyre complaining that women are only ruling entire countries in this game, mot faaaair!!

Nothing you do will ever be enough to satisfy them.

You proved my point user. Dishonored is a good power trip game because it indulges in that power trip. You're significantly stronger than everyone else and can practically escape from everything. That's the point of it. You're unquestionably better than everyone else, except for daude, which is why he's much more challenging than anyone else. The developers didnt want enemies that were threatening to you like Prototype, they wanted you to be the unquestioning badass, with the exception of daude of course.

they shoulda called it the spiritual successor to Hitman or something, or just said nothing at all, so as not to invite comparisons.

Anyway these imsimm games always have the same issues,
And now you have SJWs who don't like the 'social realism' so they get it pozzed. Ultimately, they rely on the player being immersed in the world, and if you don't, all the other problems get magnified.

does anyone play dishonored to begin with?

Gotta keep grinding until these people can no longer be hired and feed their families.

Blame the "i play it for the experience" audience. Like the people who clap in a theater they ruin it for everyone else.
Thankfully that usually results in a loss, and the game fails. Whether that's due to the sjw shit or just because sjws cant seem to work together long enough to make anything with all their microagression i dunno. The only exception I can think of is Horizon zero dawn, but it was written by the lead writer behind Fallout New Vegas, so there's that.

Make them regret those decisions, Holla Forums.

Where are all the "dishonored 1 was good" underage coming from?
I know we have been being raided for months now but fuck me

While every man in Dishonored is either a guardsman, a religious zealot, a street thug, an assassin, a mad scientist, a manservant, the main villains and a rapist.

Summerfag plz.

The casuals want to be able to beat the game on """""""expert""""""" and brag to their xbox friends.

*or a rapist.

I'm still wondering how the hell Dishonored managed to dodge criticism for one of the "good" decisions being to hand over an unconscious woman to a creepy beta pervert to lock her up and then presumably rape her repeatedly in his sex dungeon away from prying eyes.

Fuck, I'm hardly a feminist mangina and I still found that unnerving as fuck and killed that douche.

Yeah it's tricky though. Imsimms can always be glorified walking sims if you play them with patience. Deus Ex is piss easy but it's still my fav.

To some extant.e.g. In Dishonored2's case, they probably wouldn't have got dev/publishing support to even make it if they didn't compromise.
Commies always operate at a loss to get their engineering across. It's how they end up wrecking society every damn time.

No. Errant Signal cried about it. Big fkn deal.
Instead she gets a chance to be a sex slave (hardly different to her real life), which she can still suicide if she really wants. Yeah, your residual mangina is kinda showing.

The abilities kill the complexity. There's actually a fucking ability that destroys the corpses of who you kill so you don't have to worry about hiding them for crying out loud.

The lack of self realization these fags have is staggering.

I figured that most of the problem today doesn't stem so much from women even though they do create problem, but from beta white knights. What incentivizes someone to create a female playable character because of a complain from some dumb cunt? For someone to even change their original idea of a game just to please some arbitrary subjective order is madness. Men want to play as men in games, if there is a female she is there or should be there for two things, as a sexual object for us to enjoy looking at, or a support role. Period.

Cue the dumb basement dwelling nerds who have never interacted with women to now respond, showing his lack of experience and fallacious diatribe.

doing some gardening or something?

It's half a decade old dude. Wouldn't surprise me if most of the people praising it were legit middle schoolers when it came out.

Same thing happened with oblivion and soon skyrim

And the men in Dishonored 1 had such great roles such as rapists, killers, evil fuckers, abusers etc

How noble of them

BRAVO ARKANE

Go fuck yourself, Chaim Witzbergsteinblatt.

If you're trying to convince people maybe don't talk like a tumblrette. Is this the best rebuttal Holla Forums has to offer?

Reported for being a paid shill kike.

Brainwashing isn't just effective, it's nearly free labor! :^)

No, I got them cheap and I used them to put stuff on for easy reach.
I was intentionally making something mundane sound autistic.

I tried to force myself through playing the game but it was so god damn boring straight from the start. Got to like 2 or 3 hours into the game before i had to drop it

wew laddie

Incorrect.

Thank you for correcting the record and squashing this Fake News™ nothingburger, Snopesfag. I'm a good goy now!

>if there is a female she is there or should be there for two things, as a sexual object for us to enjoy looking at, or a support role
You didn't finish reading the rest you lazy nigger.

Dishonored 2?

More like Too Disinterested

Because I don't care

The way that was written it seemed to imply they should only exist as sexy background scenery rather than as sexy player characters.

Man, Ashita no Joe was a weird anime.

I mean, especially for an anime about an asshole that became a boxer and fucking killed people in the ring.

Trips don't lie, but liberals will always pull an excuse out of their man vagina as to why those characters don't count.

I just bought ammo. I don't think I've paid for a vidya in a long while.

I honestly feel like a better person for not promoting or supporting kike trash

you wouln't a baby princess would you?

Ukrainians do some crazy shit.

Oooh that's a new one.

The same can be said of SJW, in general. They are pathetic.

very good my ass

I can't actually tell which side hes on. Besides that the fighting overthere is fucking retarded. It literally is drunken salo eater playing tit for tat with a bunch of drunk gopniks and cossacks who seem to be fairly pissed off.