Gamenight Delayed

For anyone who might have been wondering where the gamenight thread was Warband has been pushed back a week due to E3. While it strictly speaking ended Thursday rather than Friday we normally start our prep thread on Thursday and anyway we'd probably get less attention from anons who are burnt out on meta stickies/asleep from staying up. If you've got any other general questions about the Warband gamenight or gamenights in general feel free to ask them here.

I was thinking that when we do it next week we should do the coop survival mod since it works well with both low player numbers and higher ones and with varying skill levels but if anyone has other suggestions I'd like to hear them. Someone mentioned an Anglo-Zulu War mod too, perhaps we could look into that.

Also if the PR fags are around I have some concerns about whether or not your tactic of invading an existing server as a squad will scale up to ~30+ anons. Will it even be possible to reliably get 30+ anons all on the same team?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/azw-reloaded
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh and if anyone wants to pick up screenshots from previous gamenights they're over on >>>/radcorp/ (also a good place to post if you've got an idea for a game to play or want to step up and help with hosting).

Looking forward to it.

More detail on my concerns about PR:

I was going to stick PR in for the 29th-30th July slot (this is reserved for PR still) but I have some concerns about if your current method of organising will actually work for 30+ anons. As I understand it the standard tactic is to sit in a VOIP server (Discord currently) and go join up as one big squad on an existing server, by all accounts that works very well for you. However I cannot see how that would work with more than maybe 16 anons (what's the limit on squad size again?) and particularly if we have anons dropping in and out all the time as is common with gamenights.

From what I remember having played PR years ago running our own server wouldn't work well either since PR needs ~80+ players to really shine (we'd start at 6-7 and peak at maybe 40-50) and also having a server that was just inexperienced anons would be chaos at best.

If it is indeed an issue do you maybe want to do an off-weekend instead? We only go every second week so the in-between weekends are free for anyone else and generally a bit quieter so you wouldn't have to deal with so many anons. Also the standard gamenights have a standing rule against Discord/Mumble and off-weekends obviously do not; using VOIP would seem essential to how you do things so maybe that's another concern. The way most anons do off-weekends is just to announce on Thursday the game their running with installation instructions etc and then to start on the Friday but it's really up to you how you do those since they're a free-for-all.

If there's alternate options or my concerns are unfounded then please tell me, I don't want to pull the rug out from under you fags or whatever and the slot is still reserved for PR.

I was incorrect, the PR anons do not use Discord or VOIP, they only use ingame voice. More detail here

It's still datamining software that could be replaced by IRC or a thread.

Battleborn night when

Nigger theres no need for discord if theres no need to coordinate across weeks and months.
Were gonna use a thread for that as we did when we first started.

I was incorrect about Discord, the PR anons literally just use it to pick a server to invade and they've got a solution for the gamenight that doesn't use Discord at all. That was my mistake entirely.

For anyone who wanted Shattered Horizon: it will come two gamenights after PR, right after PR would be too close to Eternal Silence (two space games in a row).

That is it will be replaced with a thread. One of the conditions for having a gamenight is no Discord.
So having talked it through with user in the PR thread it looks like my concerns were unfounded. The potential solution will be to have two squads on each team named 'Infinity Rape Squad' or similar. Each squad can handle 8 players (32 total) if we need more then more squads and will be lead by an experienced user. Veterans leading retards is probably a pretty accurate simulation of certain armed forces anyway…

The alternative will be to use an empty server and play a gametype friendly to smaller player counts, perhaps something heavy on the vehicles. All discussion is available in the open either in this thread or over in the PR thread (gamenight policy is to talk things through as openly as possible and all).

Discussions ongoing about PR, solutions have been worked out and everything is good.

tl;dr edition
No night cause you're a bunch of faggots, especially Mark.

Mark and mods aren't involved in gamenights user, at least not outside of sticking the threads.

stickying*

I'm both relieved and saddened by that

Mark does show up ingame every now and then if you really want to shoot him.

We should execute him by firing squad for crimes against vidya.

I'd be down for that.

moddb.com/mods/azw-reloaded

Requires Napoleonic Wars apparently, but it's the closest thing to the Anglo Zulu War unless you do Full Invasion 2.

Oh nice, it's designed for PvE too.

I would suggest against it then unless enough anons are autistic enough to buy NW like I did

The game should be piratefaggable anyway but that is a concern. Also NW was a great purchase, I still drop into MP now and then though the only remaining populated siege server has poorly balanced maps.

Now that is autism user. Wasn't it mostly ex-Battlegrounds 2 roleplay clans?

I don't know user. I just don't know

NW is fun

8ch has their own regiment, faggots.

oh really I've never heard of it, is it a cavalry regiment?

I just want to play casually and help a bunch of ragtag pubgoers into a coordinated force with basebuilding and artillery n shiet, or just fuck around with squads of partisans and sailors. Standing in a line in the open firing in volleys is boring.

I personally want to spin round in circles holding my rifle and bayonet over my head like a complete tit yet somehow kill everybody that comes near me.

>Bannerlord NW never ever